Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

+52
Kylo Rey
PalmettoBlue
Maria26
grimbergen
guardienne
snufkin
unicorn
Birdwoman
EchoBase
Chris24601
Kessel
motherofpearl1
Saracene
YeeRees
KnightsofReylo_2015
Cowgirlsamurai
12 Parsnips
DarthRen
bruna8728
Gemini
SW_Heroine_Journey
DeeBee
Xylo Ren
spacebaby45678
AhsokaTano
Walflarck
nemapasara
SanghaRen
Starliteprism
MaddieDove
Geralt_Riv
Tex
Lily Snape
fuhry
nickandnora
Armadeus
Forsythia
justyou
californiagirl
madeinmn
ZioRen
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
FrolickingFizzgig
giaciak2
special_cases
SkyStar
BenRey
Night Huntress
Teo oswald
SheLitAFire
LadyGaufrette
56 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 8 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 14 May 2019, 10:51 am

Thanks california....I kept thinking of Dungeons and Dragons.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 8 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by Gemini Tue 14 May 2019, 10:51 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:Very embarrassed to ask this but.....
Who are D & D?
@motherofpearl1

Dungeons and Dragons

Lol, no they are the writers who lots of people think just ruined Game of Thrones with bad writing.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 14 May 2019, 2:51 pm

californiagirl wrote:@Night Huntress It just seems that female characters get punished for things the male characters don't, or are framed differently than men in the show who also do atrocious, insane things. The execution was so rapid partly because of limited time, but it's kind of in D&D's wheelhouse to do things for maximum shock value. Things can he horribly shocking without sacrificing adequate development.

They worked together with George Martin- so I'm not sure how much of the direction was already set and how much was their own ideas.
Sometimes things work very well on page but not when translated to screen. Especially if you have limited time and also a budget you need to keep an eye on.
californiagirl wrote:
Anyway, here's to hoping KK and Co. have a firm hand over whatever they do for their movie coming out in a few years. I don't want Star Wars to be bad.
@californiagirl

besides GoT what other projects do we know D&D wrote or directed? I personally don't want to judge them on one project they did...
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 14 May 2019, 5:37 pm

@Night Huntress I'm also unsure of where George Martin ended and D&D began. They've written some books, but mostly they're known for GoT. No doubt the reason they were hired was for GoT, with the well-established epic fantasy world, lore, and huge cast like SW. Obviously this must have been on the slate for months, but still, what an irony to announce this in he midst of the GoT fiasco, and on GL's birthday no less.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Tue 14 May 2019, 11:35 pm

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 8 E83f5410

https://twitter.com/nick_field90/status/1128438210751864832?s=21

So Bob Iger thinks TROS is going to be extremely popular.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 15 May 2019, 3:26 am

Yep I believe TROS will be really popular with certain fans but not with others if they head it in direction I think it is with marvel fans and Star Wars fans who are marvel fans too( like me ) but with traditional core of fans the shocks they are about to encounter may shake them to the core .If , ( and that’s a big if because I don’t know what they have filmed at the end of the day )what I believe comes to pass( are above ). Just saying Bob Iger should be more cautious especially after TLJ. Not every Star Wars fan is open to ideas as we reylos know from the backlash we’ve had.I guess he’s happy with the finished work but he was about TLJ and look what happened there.

Anyway was just thinking that if they are going down the marvel route then the soul stone rightfully belongs to Heimdell for safe keeping unless Rey/Natasha/Hela is the new keeper( Aleh is anagram of Hela which means sacred and blessed). . I did think there is a reason Lando is wearing yellowin this film because maybe he’s meant to be the keeper of the soul stone but if it isn’t him then it must be Jannah ( her name means paradise ) . She presumably will be keeper of the soul stone ? And the soul stone turns your eyes Sith like . Just like Heimdell’s eyes .

The connection I thought of that would add major drama to the story which I am up would be if the follow story of Hades and Persephone, Loki and Sigyn - in some versions - she was supposed to marry another warrior but on the day of the wedding , at the ceremony , in front of everyone, Hades/Loki takes her for his bride and marries her instead ( I don’t know what he does to the warrior though . Maybe kills him ?). So if something like this happens and it would be an inversion of Anakin and Padme’s quiet ,calm , secret wedding then am betting that the warrior groom that gets ditched is Poe . Poe has a ring that was his mother’s he wears round his neck and is waiting for the right person to give it to . We all know it’s not Rey because she is part of Kylo’s soul. Soulmates so they will always belong to each other and seek Union ( like husband and wife who become one body, one soul when they marry ).But maybe Poe feels pressurised as resistance leader to marry the Jedi as a symbol of leadership and defiance to the supreme leader?etc . Natasha in avengers calls herself black widow but she was married in our earth timeline ( when she was in Russia ) to a Russian communist who was a leader and soldier . Am thinking Poe probably fits this more than anyone else . For all we know that “training “ scene in the desert in the trailer could be Kylo charging in like a bull to stop the wedding going ahead . Rey does look very bridal like here all in white .
Another thing that just occurred to me is remember when people were saying Luke was the villain of this piece after all? Who does Luke remind you of in the God canon of Star Wars and Norse mythology? The father right ? Odin ? Well Odin is god of war . Interesting right? Odin May or may not be orchestrating this and May actually be incarnated as Thanos ( as old Odin died and is presumably in the underworld now or part of him and only then did Thanos do what he did and had power to do it ). It’s complicated , these are gods and they can spread their consciousness /souls anywhere - they are not contained in one body like humans . I don’t fully understand it all.
They may or may not go there . Just trying to connect things . Take my predictions with a pinch of salt as always Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 15 May 2019, 9:08 am

Does he mean popular in the financial sense? Because obviously. But he has to say it will be popular, JJ has to say they're trying to make everyone happy. But there really is no world where there isn't some massive uproar or backlash against every SW movie. I've long since accepted that, but it doesn't behoove a major company to openly acknowledge their entire brand revolves around controversy.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Wed 15 May 2019, 10:00 am

californiagirl wrote:Does he mean popular in the financial sense? Because obviously. But he has to say it will be popular, JJ has to say they're trying to make everyone happy. But there really is no world where there isn't some massive uproar or backlash against every SW movie. I've long since accepted that, but it doesn't behoove a major company to openly acknowledge their entire brand revolves around controversy.
@californiagirl

I think he means that his impression is that it's taking a pretty safe, crowd pleasing route. Obviously one can assume that a Star Wars movie is going to sell a lot of tickets, but we've seen with the last two films the possibility that it won't quite do as well as they hoped. Part of the appeal of Star Wars is the rarity of it. ANH was a transformative, extremely popular, great movie. Then we had to wait 3 years for ESB, and another 3 years for ROTJ. Then, after a 15 year hiatus the prequels came, and I don't think they were particularly great movies, especially the first 2, but it didn't matter because fans were so starved, and they got the 3 movies with 3 year gaps, so each one had that anticipation.

Disney has introduced a yearly pace for Star Wars movies and I think that has removed the classic anticipation and led to a somewhat anemic box office performance for Solo. There was also a lot of criticism of TLJ, though it did very well, the level of enthusiasm may not be as strong from the fanbase. A rip roaring, crowd pleasing Skywalker finale can bust right through that, but there's a chance it won't, because the anticipation level may not be as high.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 15 May 2019, 11:53 am

There will be a backlash of some sort. It will be the vocal fanbase that still cling to their headcanons. I was reading comments last night over at a Star Wars forum. There are still people who insist that Rey is a Skywalker and won't accept that she is not, even though it was specifically said in TLJ. I just kept thinking that they are going to be upset when the next movie comes out. However, the GA will love the movie as long as the story is good and exciting.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 15 May 2019, 12:34 pm

The things that will be the most contentious will likely be redemption, Reylo, and Rey's parents, and whatever horrible messages certain groups think it promotes. This will get a disproportionate amount of attention and dominate the conversation, and it will all be very ridiculous. The question is how long it will go on like that. Possibly years, given the state of TLJ discourse, or decades, given the continued feelings towards the prequels and even RotJ to a certain extent.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 15 May 2019, 6:36 pm

I'm trying to remember what backlash there was for RotJ beyond people being disappointed that Lucas wasn't going to carry out his original 9 chapters of a story plan (ha ha, look where we are now). It's probably the Ewoks and the focus probably being a little too kid/toy merch friendly for some of the audience. The part with Leia getting made 'more girly' and put into the slave bikini outfit, that backlash has been less about the movie itself (and you suspect some of what happened with Padme was George Lucas trying to make up for that decision) and the gross slobbering horny fanboys who've hassled cosplayers and decided to tell Carrie exactly what they did whenever they thought of her in that costume.

As for TRoS, backlash is expected given our media and technology environment. The worst of it has probably already happened with dudes freaking out because there's a Jedi lady, her best friend is a PoC (whose girlfriend is a WoC and not one they can project sexualized racial stereotypes onto), and Luke Skywalker grew up to become a grumpy old man who's dead now. Unless JJ totally loses his mind, at worst I expect more of the same, plus people mad that the Jedi Lady didn't run a laser sword through her evil cousin, Kyle Ron.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 15 May 2019, 10:18 pm

Regarding RotJ, I mean feelings people have towards it now, rather than at the time. Most rank it as the weakest of the prequels, unless it was a nostalgic childhood thing.

On the other end of things, I saw someone very upset they gave IX back to JJ after Rian made the best SW, so we'll have to contend with that group too, who might actively be rooting against TROS for similar reasons. It's going to be weird seeing think pieces from 5 different camps at once.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 16 May 2019, 12:18 am

You can't please everyone.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 16 May 2019, 12:28 am

Night Huntress wrote:
californiagirl wrote:@Night Huntress It just seems that female characters get punished for things the male characters don't, or are framed differently than men in the show who also do atrocious, insane things. The execution was so rapid partly because of limited time, but it's kind of in D&D's wheelhouse to do things for maximum shock value. Things can he horribly shocking without sacrificing adequate development.

They worked together with George Martin- so I'm not sure how much of the direction was already set and how much was their own ideas.
Sometimes things work very well on page but not when translated to screen. Especially if you have limited time and also a budget you need to keep an eye on.
californiagirl wrote:
Anyway, here's to hoping KK and Co. have a firm hand over whatever they do for their movie coming out in a few years. I don't want Star Wars to be bad.
@californiagirl

besides GoT what other projects do we know D&D wrote or directed? I personally don't want to judge them on one project they did...
@Night Huntress

Benioff is responsible for Troy and X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Not exactly amazing for many people but GoT is by far their best work. He also wrote a few books but not sure how good they are.

I'm curious to see what they can do in SW franchise and it might be good for all we know. I'm willing to give them and their films a chance.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 16 May 2019, 4:01 am

WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILERS :

Ok just in case this is “spoilers “ please look away if you don’t want to know .
I’ve been looking at this saga wrong - I mean yes I believe they are gonna tie it to Marvel but we have to strip everything back until we get to Star Wars . This is about conquering death right? Like all religion and myth and how it’s done and what it means to be human. I rewatched Dr strange and Captain Marvel and oh boy the Star Wars references and Easter eggs were not even hidden - in your face( cameos galore throughout both sagas and in this with Ben Mendelsohn) including one of the Skrulls saying “ safe journey to the beyond . We will finish what we started “.He had a wife and child that he hadn’t seen in a while and it reminded me of kylo and Rey( soulmates ).

Moreover in Dr strange the costumes and what they could do ie bend reality with their sorceror powers was similar to Jedi . One of the books in the library had title similar to one in Luke’s library and they attached and chose a relic to use as a weapon as part of them . Moreover at one point Dr strange is told about the next level moving into the realm of time loops, paradoxes , the multiverse, different dimensions . That would presumably start at the 6th tier of heaven as reality starts to shift at tier 5( though let’s be honest the underworld reality they are in isn’t exactly ordinary anyway ). Plus the red, blue imagery is all over the Star Wars and marvel saga and bronze ; reality , space , soul as well as purple for balance . Sith eyes pervade the marvel franchise as well as Star Wars and it’s the colour of the soul stone . Usually you see a character with this yellow or bronze colour when the force /creator is trying to challenge them along . It’s more subtle in this Star Wars sequel trilogy because the two main leads have hazel eyes so they’ve played around with lightsaber lights to achieve the effect and that’s why kylo looks like he has Sith eyes in some of the marketing . They’ve also done it with the browns of the Jedi and resistance colours - brown /bronze - the soul stone - the force /creator guiding the soul along . In antman and wasp ( marvel ) the daughter is named hope , the mother is lost forever in the quantum realm because that’s the point at which Tony is at that stage in his soul -denial of his soulmate, the feminine part of his soul.

Two parts of our protagonist- our protagonist is a soul in the marvel and Star was saga . The female side of the soul is a ghost to begin with ( see antman and wasp Ava which is another name for Eve ) and as the series goes on and into the sequel trilogy the girl ( what girl?) or other half of his soul gets more and more like him until Kylo and Rey are shadows of each other ( soulmates ).
Purple is balance and At one point captain marvel tries to insert a purple stone in her costume but it rejects - because Tony Stark is not balanced yet . It’s blatant .Moreover Nick Fury ( ol’ nick the devil ) and he gets the mark of the eagle on his eye ( why he has an eye patch so resurrection )and what the Kree Empire is made up of is dead souls.

This is what I believe the story is - it’s the story of a soul and the journey it goes through in the underworld.About the path to redemption and peeling back the layers until you are left with your core , what it means to be human ie left stark like Tony Stark .

Tony Stark( Anthony stark by the way means praiseworthy one complete the same as prophet Muhammad in Islam ) died in Afghanistan ( first Ironman) . The cave transformed him as caves do in myth and religion. He didn’t survive and instead entered the ethereal realm and there created Ironman in his quest to survive and live. He wears the mark of the eagle/Phoenix ( scratch over his eye )and each time we go up a level to the next level someone gets a scratch and we move on to the next level . .

The seven levels /tiers of heaven . Marvel ( miracle ) is the story of one man’s soul through the seven tiers of heaven until we get to Jannah ( paradise ). And am betting paradise is on earth as we are reborn once the soul has been stripped away of who we were.- and each soul is the chosen one and goes through the same thing to be reborn. It’s painful but beautiful at the same time .

King in heaven is literally Rey in kylo ( Caelo being the Latin translation of heaven /sky and Rey meaning king. In order for the soul to be complete both masculine and feminine sides have to become one in Union to reach paradise- you and your soulmate have to be united ( it’s what they say in marriage ceremonies - husband and wife will become one body ). Tony Stark has not done this so far . As he’s gone up the levels of heaven/underworld he’s protected himself with S.H.I.E.L.D.S - the avengers. There were so many of them initially but eventually the shields disappear , You are left with 7 ( gifts of Holy Spirit number which represents qualities like strength, fortitude, good counsel ,wisdom etc ) and this is what I think is happening with the knights of Ren ( Ren meaning path to balance )until eventually that’s gone too and you are left with you and your soulmate . There are always two the Jedi tells us but it’s not a master and apprentice it’s equals and accepting both sides of yourself as equal ( masculine and feminine). We are now at the stage where it’s just the soul and it’s soulmate on there own before the force /creator /God. The avengers in a way are angels if you want a celestial term which represent the light and dark side of ourselves . Again all dead souls . Carol Danvers died ( captain Marvel), Steve probably did , Loki and Thor are creatures of myth . These may be real human souls or versions of himself that Tony Stark has created with his consciousness.

The soul is travelling through the 7 tiers and at the end of endgame Tony has given up himself ie the self he was on earth but his soul still remains just not his identity of who he was on earth .

There have been 7 resurrections already - 7 characters marked with the mark of the eagle/the Phoenix( scratched around their eye area or literally had their eyes gorged our).Ironman , nick fury , dr strange , Thor , Anakin , c3pO , in order and now Ben solo has the final one ( who is really Tony Stark’s soul but he’s left that identity now sacrificed it in endgame ).

Star Wars is the holy of Holies . The inner sanctum level of heaven - of God /the creator /the force . With each level we’ve gone up it’s got less and less busy , things have simplified until we are in the realm of magic where dark and light are dark and light and no fancy names - all you have now are your emotions as identity has been stripped away - to be a warrior you have to strip your emotions away - your anger , fear, hate is what captain marvel is told when she’s training - it is also the Jedi way as we know . Only when you’ve stripped these away can you give in to all encompassing love which is at the core of creation / the force /God.

I haven’t worked out what Jedi means yet and where it derives from but am betting it’s where language is breaking down too as memories of the conscious self break down and we are going back to being a child - an example of this is Carol’s name in captain marvel “vers” in the Kree Empire comes from her broken badge that’s found and vers is the part of it there . Am betting the term Jedi has a similar origin.

This is going to be a very painful conclusion and no wonder they wanted someone like Adam Driver . Am sure he’ll knock this out of the park though . This will be his dark night of the soul . The agony in the garden , total defiance ( have you come to save my soul kylo says to Luke and then I’ll destroy her because he knows what accepting his soulmate will mean and the fate ). Am expecting really harrowing , tortured scenes now whilst kylo/Ben ( the son /sun of the creator ) will do everything in his power to stop this happening so do expect Kylo going really dark . But all the while I will completely understand because now we are stripped down to basic levels , what it means to be human at its core will be threatened and his fear will be sky high . Only love and embracing the feminine ie Rey will allow him to let go and do what must be done . It’s going to be extremely painful to watch though . Just goes to show though how Kylo is now ready for this painful though it is because he didn’t kill Rey in Last Jedi and he didn’t kill his mother . And last Jedi is Tony Stark’s soul now kylo (with embracing Rey as his other half to be complete).

So what do I predict will happen at the end . This is about hope right ? Rebirth ? I expect it will end with a baby ( maybe named hope? Or Hannah which means hope ?or Jannah? Maybe this is about Jannah getting born?)and that Heaven as the song goes is a place on Earth. There’s several ways they could do this -

kylo dies in a cave with Rey at his side and then he’s reborn on earth - random mother or maybe Rey is his mother on earth ? Jannah could be his mother or daughter ?
Or both kylo and Rey die ( Romeo and Juliet /Adam and Eve )and then both their spirit together goes into a Mother on earth and baby is born. Or kylo dies , Rey gives birth and dies and their soul goes into a baby on earth . Maybe this is how a soul is formed and it happens every time with kylo and Rey and that they are the sacrifice everytime and some where along the line we’ve remembered that because it gets handed down to the collective consciousness. We really are in the realm of the gods with kylo as the bait and Rey
As the vessel ( as mentioned in the Tarkin novel that Palpatine needed a bait and vessel for 10,000 years ) .

The way I’d like it to go if they go down this route -is Tony Stark was the face of his old soul , the father , Ben was the face of the son but hasn’t really had a chance at living a real life on earth so either he gets born and grows up on earth and meets Rey and recognises her as his soulmate or they feel “ an energy in each other just like in force awakens “

OR it ends with Rey going to give birth in a cave to kylo’s child as they’ve had full relationship in Rise of Skywalker ( she passes out ) and waking up in hospital bed with her baby on earth and Star Wars characters around her and last of all Ben enters ( with face of Adam driver coming in to give her a kiss ( as father of the child ). Wizard of Oz effect but happy.And maybe this is where Matt Smith comes in because he is the child ?

Or maybe Jannah is the child ( paradise is found at the foot of the mother ie the baby )and it’s Finn’s daughter ? With whom though ? Rey? Rose? Someone we haven’t met yet ? And Ben as the ( only son) is always the sacrifice ?

There’s are many ways this could go .

Anyway just my thoughts - rewatch marvel movies and the Star Wars saga and once you see this you cannot unsee it.

Reylo is canon but how they do it remains the question and whether it will be sexual or spiritual. Am thinking it could be both . The physical first ( please JJ as Adam Driver is amazing as love interest)and then the spiritual. Maybe Matt Smith really is their son but one who has embraced both masculine and feminine traits - a balance or maybe something new . Or maybe they are reborn as twins ?

In uncharted territory here So don’t know but it’s incredible what they are trying to achieve if they pull it off .

I have no idea what the implications for the end scene are and what it means just that this is the journey I believe we are headed ie that is the journey of a soul and birth of a new soul .

The only thing that doesn’t fit with this is the R2 D2 scenario writing journal of the whills unless what it means is last will And testament but as I say in the holy of holies level of heaven - language would have broken down and stripped back to basics so meanings and words would have changed .

Even Lord Momin(new canon Sith Lord ) can be an anagram of Lord in Mom as in the Lord/ God in Mother’s . Each soul is part of God/creator /force .

Editing to add this :

So with all this in mind am gonna predict the macguffin is ultimately a baby and that they go to Jeddah - Jedi is probably a corrupted form of Jeddah ( see what I’ve written above about language and consciousness)and the reason why is because Jeddah in Arabic means grandmother and in folklore belief tomb of Eve . If kylo’s soul has to reunite with its feminine side to be complete than am betting a trip to Jeddah is vital. Where it all began - Adam and Eve , Jedi religion. It got destroyed before because the soul was not ready to know and move forward . We’ll probably get some twist now that Tatooine is actually a copy of Jeddah like a tattoo is a copy of something and that they go there instead .

AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 17 May 2019, 3:03 am

Ok after my shock fest of predictions yesterday have been thinking - the macguffin is delightful but controversial- am convinced now we could be looking at journey and birth of a soul and ultimate culmination in birth of a baby . That Kylo ( anagram for Loky) isn’t just the dark but the ultimate transgressor Loki /lucifer( and associated with fertility and fatherhood ) but that we are all lucifer too because we all have that rebellious , defiant streak to question the order of things.Free will. It’s what makes us human- light and dark.Angel and devil .

We are in the realm of the gods now with kylo and Rey and they are gonna show us how it’s done . Am convinced now they will come together physically as well as spiritually and the reason it’s controversial is because it will make people question their own beliefs and what really happened a long time ago but something happened and keeps happening and that’s why it’s encoded in our collective consciousness but been changed because when we transition from one state to the other ( ie death to life ) you don’t retain everything. But it is a message of hope that this is not the end . Yes kylo will fight it tooth and nail and Rey to come together because somewhere in the collective conscious the idea of male /female Union bringing death strongly resonates ie black widow , abeloth ( Star Wars goddess of death ) , Hela and all the tentacle monsters and imagery in both marvel and Star Wars sagas . But this symbiotic symbolism will be so different in reality . Yes there will be sacrifice at the end and going back to the force but they would have known love and that will make up for everything to come and he’ll find rey won’t eat him alive like a black widow . They’ll come together as it is on Earth . Am sure if it . And love will conquer all .

There is the biblical phrase how it is on earth it is in heaven so yeah I believe it will be physical for kylo and Rey . The symbol for Jedi , the Holy Spirit dove , the Rebellion/resistance symbol are all the same . But what else does it remind you of ? What’s going on at the centre with the clash ? The laser swords clashing are meant to remind us of ( energy /force ) fusion and maybe a mother and father with baby ( the fusion energy born from their love ) in the middle . Nuclear fusion happens too at a quantum level when an egg is fertilised by sperm which becomes a baby . I think this is what we are getting - they will be together because it’s always this way and if it wasn’t the soul wouldn’t exist and humans wouldn’t exist . We are going back to the beginning . How it’s always done . Adam and Eve . It’s a three way machine( machines and droids being at the heart of both Star Wars and marvel sagas)- the father who is the force , the son(male) and daughter-(female ) part of the souls must come together to create fusion to create a human . Rey in kylo . Or as on earth Kylo in Rey . It is mortis gods too archetypes but way it’s always worked . The bait and vessel. Light and dark coming together. Ultimately though that soul ( male and feminine together ) has to go back into the force /God/creator and this is where Jannah comes in to lead the way to paradise as her name means .
Guardians of the whills are probably what we call angels ( what the avengers become ) but a corruption of the term as consciousness starts to revert back to child with belief in magic and wonder ( to get into heaven you are supposed to have the mind of a child it says in New Testament ). And Book of the whills with story of the skywalkers is probably what becomes religious texts ie whill meaning will of God/creator /force .
That’s just some thoughts on it all. See pics below for what I mean about the symbols I mentioned below and how it means father , mother and baby at the centre .Moreover if you look at religious depictions of Mary , Jesus , God they are wearing blue , red and purple and the cherubs at Mary’s feet are babies ( paradise at the foot of the mother ie babies ). The crown over her head ( king) has the Holy Spirit dove which is the Jedi symbol too. Anyway it’s interesting if they pull this all off because on a surface level with marvel and Lucasfilm you have one story being told and it works but on a deeper level you have the story of a soul being told too . And it works on both Levels.

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 8 4cfdd810
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 8 E510df10
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 8 8c6cab10
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 8 D6748f10Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 8 2171f310
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sat 18 May 2019, 7:03 am

Hey all just want to make another couple of predictions based on these two pictures below for Rise of Skywalker. One is for that leaked merchandise picture few weeks before the teaser trailer and the other is a picture from the Disney Star Wars theme park Galaxy’s Edge .

Ok gonna start with the poster :ok we know kylo and Rey are aligned in this but if you look from the tip of rey’s blade and go up , around and follow the flare from the millennium falcon back down to the kylo’s lightsaber I see an “s” like a snake symbol ( loki’s Fertility symbol ). I didn’t see this before , I saw just the 9 but reason I see it now is because in marvel “ ant man and wasp “ there is a scene where they slowly go down a road in a van and you see the road layout and it’s the same criss crossing in the road of the downward swords but the way the van goes over the criss Cross is like a snake . That’s when it dawned on me this is what they are doing with this poster . Disney own both and they cross over ideas and connections ( even if you don’t wish to see a marvel connection).

The second picture I’d to discuss is the family in the picture . A Jedi family . Looking a bit like biblical times . A holy family . Adam and Eve , Isis and Osiris and Jesus ( incidentally yeshua Hebrew word for Jesus means to rescue and deliver ) and Mary ( means rebellion , youth , bitter ) . Interesting. The parents costumes are made up of browns ( in marvel this is the soul colour ), and black and white ( dark and light ) and there are twins - a boy and a girl . So if this is how souls are formed am betting Kylo and Rey have twins - a boy and a girl because you have to have masculine and feminine in the soul for the soul to be complete .

I don’t know exactly what this all means and how they are going to play it out but I think this picture is important.

I also expect now a kind of biblical type Jedi story for these two. That maybe they will be on the run together or in exile and also am kind of expecting Adam Driver to sport a beard too because he’s on the run and can’t use the first order shave serum liquid they use so that they don’t grow facial hair ( everything is regimented with first order -cardinal’s routine in phasma novel was very enlightening and when he doesn’t believe it anymore he becomes shabby and unkempt) . I expect something similar will happen to kylo/Ben as be accepts his destiny .As he accepts too he’s going to become a father . Han sported a beard when he had Ben. I think it will be similar with Ben and Rey and Rey’s hair will come down as they accept their destiny.

Someone on tumblr pointed out as the series goes on Kylo goes from looking like a pristine prince , to a bit of a wreck in TLJ and the picture where he’s in the desert below he looks dirty ( still beautiful). It shows he’s state of mind . I reckon then the desert scene in the trailer is quite early on after maybe a flash fight ?? It can’t be too far in because of everything else to come - people go to the desert in religions to exorcise their demons . Trials and temptations . Then from here on I think kylo and Rey will journey together in exile or on the run to get some answers and because they want to be together . Two soulmates as one journeying together . They might even do this similar to the New Testament . Everywhere they go they are not welcome and possibly Rey like Mary pregnant - but complete opposite to Anakin and Padme who still had their lives . These two will just have each other because they’ve been outcast . I don’t know . Am just getting biblical vibes here now after the last few days but as we know Star Wars borrows from all religions and myth . Anyway food for thought . Smile Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 8 D924cd10
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 8 Fe25b210
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 8 C6471810
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 25 May 2019, 7:21 pm

They had the Art of Solo at my library so I picked it up and just started reading it. One detail which immediately made me curious were the revised sketches for Vos' costume once they brought in Paul Bettany to play the character

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 8 Dc61bccd261c1e3a002c09b2f952e043

His outfit is described as bespoke, Saville Row type threads because Vos as the face of Crimson Dawn is somebody who deals with politicians and high level figures in the galaxy. But the cut of the tunic he's wearing underneath his cloak has the same cross over (sorry I don't know what the tailoring term would be) as one of the costumes shown this week

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 8 Star_wars_the_rise_of_skywalker_allegiant_general_pryde_and_gene_1223906

We know that they recycle/reuse concepts for costumes and art design but I thought it was certainly an interesting coincidence. Certainly REG is playing somebody equally as powerful and dangerous to the protagonists.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sun 26 May 2019, 5:26 am

@snufkin
That’s really interesting. There’s some discussion in the Kenobi thread about this last few days that we’ve been discussing because Richard E grant’s kimono style criss cross style garment is same criss Cross that obi wan wore . Kimonos incidentally are gender neutral and worn on formal occasions so that might be it but this is Star Wars so it might be telling us more .Its interesting that his cape is draped over one side too ( Vos) which gives it a matador style ( bullfighting ) . That’s quite appropriate because he is literally a matador ( killer ). The cross “ x” effect of the kimonos above May just be emphasising too gender neutrality of the kimono because men and women both have “ x” chromosomes( yeah that’s reaching I know ). Paul Bettany too looks like he could be Korkie from house Kryze of Mandalore - if he wasn’t alien I would definitely have thought Korkie had ended up as him but Vos is an alien ( his eyes change and skin when he gets angry ).
The x cross too is probably referencing the four royal stars of the heavens / guardians of the heavens ( which lead to the cross of Christ ) . Please read @spacebaby45678 in ST and Tarot about this under the Rise of Skywalker section as spacebaby has written an amazing section on it . Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 26 May 2019, 6:08 am

AhsokaTano wrote:@snufkin
That’s really interesting. There’s some discussion in the Kenobi thread about this last few days that we’ve been discussing because Richard E grant’s kimono style criss cross style garment is same criss Cross that obi wan wore . Kimonos incidentally are gender neutral and worn on formal occasions so that might be it but this is Star Wars so it might be telling us more .Its interesting that his cape is draped  over one side too ( Vos) which gives it a matador style ( bullfighting ) . That’s quite appropriate because he is literally a matador ( killer ). The cross “ x” effect of the kimonos above May just be emphasising too gender neutrality of the kimono because men and women both have “ x” chromosomes( yeah that’s reaching I know ). Paul Bettany too looks like he could be Korkie from house Kryze of Mandalore - if he wasn’t alien I would definitely have thought Korkie had ended up as him but Vos is an alien ( his eyes change and skin when he gets angry ).
The  x cross too is probably referencing the four royal stars of the heavens / guardians of the heavens ( which lead to the cross of Christ ) . Please read @spacebaby45678 in ST and Tarot about this  under the Rise of Skywalker section as spacebaby  has written an amazing  section on it .  Smile
@AhsokaTano

I loved Vos so sad that he is dead, but it had to be as Kira means leader ....

Secondly, Kira is also considered the Russian feminine form of Cyrus, from the Greek (kyrios) meaning 'lord' therefore giving Kira the meaning 'mistress, ruler'.

Star Crossed lovers the meaning...The four royal stars are crossed.

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBJzRLONq-b5u1Kb-wISd91RrLTq3siboKjgmVlG-JjXTJcDzp

I think that Pryde's collar is what I find the most interesting

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 8 2Q==

I think the most important thing for Pryde is that darn Swagger stick, let's just say it is UNUSUAL or this is the first time for an Imperial to have on e in SW

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 8 9k=

@AhsokaTano
"This is what I believe the story is - it’s the story of a soul and the journey it goes through in the underworld"

Royal star Antares/Scorpio/Phoenix, is the gateway to the underworld or the world between worlds

Check it out

"King in heaven is literally Rey in kylo ( Caelo b
eing the Latin translation of heaven /sky and Rey meaning king. In order for the soul to be complete both masculine and feminine sides have to become one in Union to reach paradise- you and your soulmate have to be united ( it’s what they say in marriage ceremonies - husband and wife will become one body ). "

Yes to all of this... good catch on the names.  Smile

"Hieros gamos or Hierogamy (Greek ἱερὸς γάμος, ἱερογαμία "holy marriage") is a sexual ritual that plays out a marriage between a god and a goddess, especially when enacted in a symbolic ritual where human participants represent the deities.

The notion of hieros gamos does not always presuppose literal sexual interaction in ritual, but is also used in purely symbolic or mythological context, notably in alchemy and hence in Jungian psychology. Hieros gamos is described as the prototype of fertility rituals.[1]

The hieros gamos is one of the themes that Carl Jung dealt with in his book Symbols of Transformation."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hieros_gamos
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 26 May 2019, 12:51 pm

@AhsokaTano Too bad there's nobody here who knew enough about costume design and history to accurately pinpoint that specific cross-over detail Michael Kaplan used for both Vos and Pryde. But just as a casual, I can tell that the quality of fabric & differentiating details in their costumes convey a person who stands apart (or at the top) of the hierarchy of the organization they belong to. Somebody who controls the rules instead of being bound by them. I've thought that there could be a connection between the world Vos inhabits with the First Order/Imperial Contingency because the parallels between him and Snoke (another fancy dresser) were pretty blatant. Having Snoke's theme be part of the Crimson Dawn theme also makes me curious if they're planning on finally showing that connection in the movies after having it be at the center of Bloodline.

But yeah, I think ultimately REG is playing a similar character to Vos. Somebody understated but very powerful and menacing to the protagonists, like Vos or Tarkin. Just that photo alone, he's seated while Hux is standing behind him. Even if it's a fancy office chair in space, it's still the throne.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 26 May 2019, 1:49 pm

snufkin wrote:@AhsokaTano Too bad there's nobody here who knew enough about costume design and history to accurately pinpoint that specific cross-over detail Michael Kaplan used for both Vos and Pryde. But just as a casual, I can tell that the quality of fabric & differentiating details in their costumes convey a person who stands apart (or at the top) of the hierarchy of the organization they belong to. Somebody who controls the rules instead of being bound by them. I've thought that there could be a connection between the world Vos inhabits with the First Order/Imperial Contingency because the parallels between him and Snoke (another fancy dresser) were pretty blatant. Having Snoke's theme be part of the Crimson Dawn theme also makes me curious if they're planning on finally showing that connection in the movies after having it be at the center of Bloodline.

But yeah, I think ultimately REG is playing a similar character to Vos. Somebody understated but very powerful and menacing to the protagonists, like Vos or Tarkin. Just that photo alone, he's seated while Hux is standing behind him. Even if it's a fancy office chair in space, it's still the throne.
@snufkin @AhsokaTano

Superb observations!

I have seen speculation that in his hand, is a device that counters Force users. (Maybe he was kept away from Snoke because of that factor, now that Snoke is gone, and Palpatine is an entity currently beyond description, that is no longer a self-preservation concern for the dark-side force user). Extending beyond that, I wonder if the parallels with Vos also include knowledge/abilities with his character in regards to Teräs Käsi. ??
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 26 May 2019, 2:33 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey I just started going through the Art of book for Solo out of curiosity but there are so many Easter Eggs in that movie related to TPM and the PT era factions and now they've brought back two darkside antagonists from the dead. That plus the VF quote where JJ says out the gate Kasdan's name first for the list of people he consulted with (and we know that he and Rian also had in-depth discussions w/Carrie). It'll be interesting to see which parts turn out to be interesting callbacks and which ones actually are part of the story.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 26 May 2019, 3:44 pm

@snufkin @SW_Heroine_Journey , that’s really interesting stuff about Richard E. Grant’s character and his uniform.

I’d love to learn his character ties into some ofthe FO connections introduced in the novels. Especially since, due to his age, I presume he’s part of the old guard and founders of the FO. His rank is “Allegiant General” (which we’ve never heard of before, afaik), so he must be really devoted to the cause. It’ll be interesting to see what his relationship will be with the “kids” like Hux and SL Kylo.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 26 May 2019, 4:16 pm

Kessel wrote:@snufkin @SW_Heroine_Journey , that’s really interesting stuff about Richard E. Grant’s character and his uniform.

I’d love to learn his character ties into some ofthe FO connections introduced in the novels. Especially since, due to his age, I presume he’s part of the old guard and founders of the FO. His rank is “Allegiant General” (which we’ve never heard of before, afaik), so he must be really devoted to the cause. It’ll be interesting to see what his relationship will be with the “kids” like Hux and SL Kylo.
@Kessel

Indeed! I am especially fascinated to see his relationship with Hux, primarily because I am influenced by the VF photo of them together. Is he someone, one of the few, Hux likes/respects? If not, that's fine, but I am curious. Very Happy

It will be intriguing if he is a hybrid - if he originated from Crimson Dawn AND the Empire/beginnings of the FO.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next