Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

+52
Kylo Rey
PalmettoBlue
Maria26
grimbergen
guardienne
snufkin
unicorn
Birdwoman
EchoBase
Chris24601
Kessel
motherofpearl1
Saracene
YeeRees
KnightsofReylo_2015
Cowgirlsamurai
12 Parsnips
DarthRen
bruna8728
Gemini
SW_Heroine_Journey
DeeBee
Xylo Ren
spacebaby45678
AhsokaTano
Walflarck
nemapasara
SanghaRen
Starliteprism
MaddieDove
Geralt_Riv
Tex
Lily Snape
fuhry
nickandnora
Armadeus
Forsythia
justyou
californiagirl
madeinmn
ZioRen
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
FrolickingFizzgig
giaciak2
special_cases
SkyStar
BenRey
Night Huntress
Teo oswald
SheLitAFire
LadyGaufrette
56 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 15 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by SanghaRen Sat 12 Oct 2019, 5:06 am

Same here, I smile up to my ears when I read about super evil Kylo. I kind of like villainy Kylo. The more they go in this direction in such books, the most likely his redemption is to me, if that makes any sense.

I recently watched Interview with the Vampire after so many years. I must say the appeal has greatly diminished. Then I read an old interview of Brad Pitt who was saying something along the lines that no one likes a constantly depressed main character. It hit me that this is why my interest in the film has diminished and why I hope JJ learned from RJ - I think he did. I love TFA Kylo, but I prefer TLJ Kylo because he’s fighting more to “survive his demons” and his despair is made more dramatic so than seeing him being Louis-like talking to the Vader helmet. I am not saying TFA Kylo is Louis, but there’s a slight trend and this is quite ok for a couple of scenes and necessary to set the conflicted-character tone but over 2 movies it would have irritated even more the TFA-Kylo hating crowd which TLJ seemed to have partly appeased - some haters will never be appeased because the righteousness is strong with them. Anyways, these are just some Saturday-reeling-after-tough-week-at-work thoughts.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 15 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by bruna8728 Sat 12 Oct 2019, 11:18 pm

I read @spacebaby45678  comment about Star Wars Kids Roll out and he mentioned that some people compares the flower with Ben and I just imagined something that could happen on TROS based on that:

What if the bag with treasures is the desire that Rey have for her family to come back. So, she finds the flower alone and away from the family and decide to help it, but she is in trouble because of that and now she have to let go of that desire (the tresure) to help the flower, she do it, save the flower and bring it back to its family and then she finds another family on the end because of that (the new treasure).

In TROS, Palpatine could offer Rey the chance to bring her parents back to live, for that she goes to the dark side (Dark Rey), but instead she chooses to save Ben (letting the past die and embracing the future) and in the end she finds a new family with Ben and the others.

bruna8728
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 12 Oct 2019, 11:30 pm

Teo oswald wrote: ...

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 15 Cb7f3556b9a10d820fc13886423aa86d29d8406c

@Teo oswald
Thanks for sharing these snippets you are very kind! Just focusing on this one page....
Soooooo where is Rey at in terms of how she views Kylo? Well... this is a kids book and I won't draw firm conclusions from that. LOL.
But.... I just wanted to say - Rey is not looking at Kylo here, while they are in 'battle', like he is ahem.. an enemy!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 13 Oct 2019, 12:40 am

Sangharen.....Ahhh...... Interview with the Vampire. My favourite character in that was actually Lestat!

Regarding 'angry' Kylo....I had the impression from both films that he hides his pain with rage. At the end of TLJ, when he was going 'all hate' on Luke,Rey and the Resistance all I could see was 'jilted lover'.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 13 Oct 2019, 12:13 pm

Has anyone seen the new period show Sanditon? It's based on Jane Austen's unfinished book. The overall show is boring to me but I only watch for the developing love story between the main female lead Charlotte and the guy Sidney (Theo James). It reminds ppl of darcy and elizabeth but in my opinion these two have way more fire. I never liked Darcy much too stiff but I love Sidney, he's got a lot of passion and angst. He's very flawed and is pretty mean to Charlotte at times (who is one of sweetest and headstrong). But over time he softens ups and it's obvious by the end he's fallen for her. And last episode I loved what he did, he basically said I love you without actually saying it, and it was amazing! He says: "I am a great deal less than perfect. You've made me all too aware of that. But for whatever it is worth I believe I am my best self, my truest self, when I'm with you."

Here's a short clip.

It got me thinking about reylo. I can't really seem them saying I love you to each other, but it would be evident by them saying something else to each other. In Sanditon, he admits he's a flawed person here, (next episode he admits he was a major a** to her), and basically says he's a better person because of her. I can totally see Ben saying something really beautiful like that about Rey. I hope it really happens. At some point in the movie he will reveal his love for her and how she's basically all he has now.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 16 Oct 2019, 4:34 am

starwars.com yesterday a Halloweeny post

Maul and Talzin played a strategic game with Darth Sidious, finally capturing Count Dooku and taking him to Dathomir for one last confrontation. Sidious followed to put an end to her once and for all. Talzin possessed Dooku, raising his lightsaber against his master, but proved to be no match for the Sith Lord. She released Dooku and materialized in the flesh to face Palpatine herself.

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 15 Son-of-dathomir-interior

The two clashed in an explosion of power and crackling energy, the dark side of the Force versus supernatural dark magick. When Count Dooku added his own Force lightning into the fray, Talzin couldn’t stand against their combined might, and chose to save her beloved son before falling to General Grievous’s blades.

Mother Talzin was a terrifying wielder of dark magick, willing to do whatever it took to amass power, but also a mother and fierce protector of her people. The mother of all witches of Dathomir remains one of the most frightening figures in Star Wars, consumed by vengeance and ruthless in her pursuit of retribution.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 16 Oct 2019, 9:45 pm

I remembering skimming thru one of the new books and I think I may have seen a picture in the comics but it seems that Rey and Poe butt heads, which I really hope we get to see on screen. From what I remember Poe didn't think she'd be a top notch pilot which pissed her off. I really want to see her go up against an alpha male loll. In contrast to Kylo, who knows Rey cannot be underestimated.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 18 Oct 2019, 2:30 am

Heres a list of predictions based off much hard study with ne an @Spacebaby45678 could be crack but we just found something awesome.e from the ORIGINAL plans from GL on the ST which are matching with what's being presented in new media .

1. Qira is Reys mother
2. Qira was trained by Maul as a nightsister witch on Dathomir after Solo. We have recently discovered that GL planned to involve the night sisters in the new trilogy.
3. Night sisters have healing magic. So does rey apparently.
4. You can hear the night sisters magic in the D23 trailer just before dark rey is revealed.
5. Rey looks possessed,  this is what the night sisters are known for.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Fri 18 Oct 2019, 6:48 am

Gemini wrote:Heres a list of predictions based off much hard study with ne an @Spacebaby45678 could be crack but we just found something awesome.e from the ORIGINAL plans from GL on the ST which are matching with what's being presented in new media .

1. Qira is Reys mother
2. Qira was trained by Maul as a nightsister witch on Dathomir after Solo. We have recently discovered that GL planned to involve the night sisters in the new trilogy.
4. You can hear the night sisters magic in the D23 trailer just before dark rey is revealed.
@Gemini

I think this might be on the money. There is a female, night sisterish voice guiding Rey to both maz’ Basement and the cave on Atch-to.

I’ll just add to this that I think pryde is the child of obi wan and saltine, and qira Knew that and seduced him for that reason, to have a child with him. Reys abandonment has something to do with pryde/ kryze getting revenge on qira .
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 18 Oct 2019, 7:42 am

fuhry wrote:
Gemini wrote:Heres a list of predictions based off much hard study with ne an @Spacebaby45678 could be crack but we just found something awesome.e from the ORIGINAL plans from GL on the ST which are matching with what's being presented in new media .

1. Qira is Reys mother
@Gemini

I think this might be on the money. There is a female, night sisterish voice guiding Rey to both maz’ Basement and the cave on Atch-to.

I’ll just add to this that I think pryde is the child of obi wan and saltine, and qira Knew that and seduced him for that reason, to have a child with him. Reys abandonment has something to do with pryde/ kryze getting revenge on qira .
@fuhry

Don't if this will happen but I love the soap opera level drama that it adds to Rey's story.. passionate and dark.. not as clinical and boring as being a clone or created by Palps

BELOW.... from Star Wars.com

Why Dathomir?

Maul’s invitation to join him on Dathomir is the pivotal choice in Qi’ra’s story. In joining him, she chooses to continue to work within the murderous underworld rather than escape it with Han. She’s also stepping onto a planet steeped in violence. The cycle of violence that formed Maul started when Mother Talzin gave him up to Darth Sidious on Dathomir. Qi’ra will be walking into the very den of the dark side if she goes there.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 18 Oct 2019, 8:52 am

Throwback leaks from the wayback machine and Latino Review... A tireless sleuth from another forum has been keeping meticulous notes on the ST for years

‘Palpatine’ Will Return (But Not As A Clone) in ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’
Posted on 8.14.13 by Kellvin Chavez

palpatine

Last weekend perhaps the biggest news out of the D23 Expo was the lack of ANY NEWS from “Star War: Episode VII.” The fans had every right to boo Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn when he said:

“I do wish I could tell you more but there are dark forces. And they are watching.”

Prior to the presentation Walt Disney Co. chairman and CEO Bob Iger also said:

“Now we’re just as excited as you are about Star Wars: Episode VII. In fact, we’re speechless. At least we’re going to be somewhat speechless at this Expo because we aren’t ready to share some of the details with you just yet.”

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

As my man El Mayimbe would say, “BUMJUICE!”

So basically they had nothing to show you, and all you got was lip service.

One would think that they would at least give you the title or some casting from the upcoming trilogy, but all you got was what you already know, J.J. Abrams will direct “Star Wars: Episode VII” from a script by Michael Arndt and that John Williams is back to score the next “Star Wars” film, which is set for release in the summer of 2015.

Yadda, yadda, yadda…

Anyway, then came a rumor that actor Ian McDiarmid was to return for a role in the upcoming sequels.

McDiarmid played Emperor Palpatine in the original trilogy and Supreme Chancellor Palpatine in the prequels. As you know in “Return of the Jedi” the Emperor dies, so it was kind of shocking that he will return.

The specifics of McDiarmid’s return was unclear and it was even said he might come back as a clone, like in the comic books.

According to my source, he does come back in a way. Here is what I was told.

Palpatine comes back as a Force Ghost..like Obi Wan. (Sith Lords learned similar techniques, which in some cases allowed them to physically interact with their environment.)

Emperor_Palpatine

Palpatine will not be a clone, not in human form.

Now here is a HUGE tidbit…

SPOILERS!

Palpatine had a new apprentice before he got killed.

Why would the clone be an old emperor? Go look at some of the old Dark Horse Comics. They cloned the emperor in those comics. Why would they repeat that? Why bring the emperor back to life? That would just be stupid as all hell.

Sorry to geek fans who made up their own world but it just is NOT how it is.

Once again not going by any books. Not one thing they have in the script is from a book.

swde5

So there you have it. This is what I was told a while ago but just couldn’t say anything till now.

http://web.archive.org/web/20130817003746/http://latino-review.com/2013/08/palpatine-will-return-but-not-as-a-clone-in-star-wars-episode-vii/

affraid affraid affraid
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 18 Oct 2019, 8:57 am

Alright, boys and girls, we have some juicy information for you today!!

Remember in that interview that Jett Lucas recently (CLICK HERE) did where he confirmed that his dad, George Lucas, was working on the treatments to the Sequel Trilogy before Disney approached him for the sale? Of course you do.

I was exclusively told that during that time, it seems that George had two working titles for Star Wars: Episode VII that were competing in his mind: Return of the Sith and Rise of the Jedi! These working titles were turned over to the Disney Company through the sale, BUT, there is no guarantee whatsoever that Disney will use these titles for the movie.

Now, personally, I like Rise of the Jedi a lot better for the movie over Return of the Sith. I think that Return of the Sith is too close to both Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith to use again. Ultimately it feels like too much of a rehash. But, Rise of the Jedi works very well. After all, Yoda did tell Luke to pass on what he had learned in Return of the Jedi and there should hopefully be more Jedi than just Luke. You know, in case the Sith do return.

Star Wars: Episode VII will be an original story and not directly based on the various novels, graphic novels, or other materials in the Star Wars Expanded Universe that take place during the post-Return of the Jedi time period. Disney aims to continue the story that began back in 1977.

The film is written by Michael Arndt, whose writing credits include Toy Story 3 and the upcoming The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

Star Wars: Episode VII is expected to hit theaters late 2015.

http://web.archive.org/web/20131014183246/http://latino-review.com/2013/10/exclusive-working-titles-star-wars-episode-vii/

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 9:04 am; edited 2 times in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 18 Oct 2019, 8:58 am

Posted on November 20, 2013 | by Rich Johnston
The Doctor Interrupts Your Evening’s Programming (Plus Bonus BBC America Trailer For Day Of The Doctor)Right now this is just gossip but it comes from a fairly well-placed source. We’re hearing that Matt Smith went in for a role in Star Wars Episode VII. We don’t know if that means he had an audition, a screen test or just a chat with JJ Abrams or George Lucas, but it’s another case of fandoms colliding.

We’re still expecting Benedict Cumberbatch to be in the running for a role in the film, smashing Star Trek into Star Wars. Matt Smith would add Doctor Who to the mix. He’d be the first person to ever wield a lightsaber and a sonic screwdriver.

If these keeps up, we might have a real competitor for Starter For Ten‘s super geek crossover status.

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 15 Tumblr_pzkpkpOTmZ1y8hadgo1_1280

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 18 Oct 2019, 9:13 am

Tons of thing may have and have changed since GL's draft of the ST and since 2014... but what?

A throwback from Kenobi Files of a throwback 2014 leak about Dathomir Witches & Mando's being in the ST..

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 15 Tumblr_pzkpz9LhMD1y8hadgo1_1280

And this also from the Latino Review in 2014, Obi Wan's grand child

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 15 Tumblr_pzk63o18Ue1y8hadgo1_1280
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 18 Oct 2019, 9:28 am

@AhsokaTano Thought you'd be interested in this! Very Happy Smile

Have not seen it yet; however, spoilers don't ruin things for me (if they do for you, don't read this just now).  Thought you'd be intrigued about the finale of Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (mother/daughter love - yet if this is an additional sign of Disney's themes with their releases this year - imagine how amazing and powerful romantic love will be!)

Spoiler:
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 18 Oct 2019, 11:57 am

I always do feel like I'm the one to rain on everyone's parade. The thing about many predictions from many parts of fandom is that in draws on material outside the saga. It seems unfair to the audience, like the series is only for a small group of people who know all the lore from all the different facets of SW. And it means the saga doesn't stand alone and didn't tell it's whole story. Most people don't know who Satine is, and Q'ira was in one spinoff not many people saw. Frankly, they probably won't, and maybe shouldn't, rely on even the EU with the ST characters themselves either, let alone TCW or Solo. I could see some kind of Easter egg, like how the Rebels ship Ghost had a cameo in RO, and someone said Hera's name on the speaker. There's plenty of Mortis imagery and parallels to go around, but it doesn't require knowing plotlines or characters from another piece of media.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 18 Oct 2019, 12:22 pm

californiagirl wrote:I always do feel like I'm the one to rain on everyone's parade. The thing about many predictions from many parts of fandom is that in draws on material outside the saga. It seems unfair to the audience, like the series is only for a small group of people who know all the lore from all the different facets of SW. And it means the saga doesn't stand alone and didn't tell it's whole story. Most people don't know who Satine is, and Q'ira was in one spinoff not many people saw. Frankly, they probably won't, and maybe shouldn't, rely on even the EU with the ST characters themselves either, let alone TCW or Solo. I could see some kind of Easter egg, like how the Rebels ship Ghost had a cameo in RO, and someone said Hera's name on the speaker. There's plenty of Mortis imagery and parallels to go around, but it doesn't require knowing plotlines or characters from another piece of media.
@californiagirl

We are just having fun! I understood this thread to be for the wild and crazy "crack" predictions. Does anyone really need to make this thread "come down to earth" for having fun with theory crafting?

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 15 AlarmingHeftyAmericanpainthorse-size_restricted
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 18 Oct 2019, 12:32 pm

@spacebaby45678 Oh, I didn't know this was a crack thread, like the crack spoilers thread. lol, my bad.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 18 Oct 2019, 3:09 pm

@spacebaby45678
@californiagirl
Ha ha ! Very Happy . Lawd knows I love a theory and the wackier the better - you’ve only got to look at some of my posts here in predictions to know some of mine are really reaching and far fetched lol . But the way I look at it is this - nobody knows what the endgame is ( despite leakers claiming they know all ) so until we see the film let’s have fun discussing , predicting,, sharing and enjoy it ( that’s why we are here ) Smile
Post away everyone Smile

Editing to add this @SW_Heroine_Journey
Wow indeed Disney are really foreshadowing in their films ( I think so )- can’t wait to see Maleficent and hopefully we’ll get something powerful and epic like this in TROS Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 19 Oct 2019, 3:01 am

snufkin wrote:Those kids books are hilarious because every single statement about how he "wAnTs tO rUlE tHe gAlaXy" are always about how his mom is such a buzzkill and won't let him. Not the mention the other pages about Leia fighting with her dad over the same thing (these books really need to stress more the importance of open communication & cooperation with one's family members).

Otherwise is it BINGO card time yet? Because I'm probably going to have squares for

1. Rey needling Ben by calling him "Supreme Leader" in the same tone of voice as "your worship." Either before, during, or after the couples' fight shown in the D23 trailer…
2. Bridal Carry 2.0 ….
@snufkin
-Yes!!! Bingo time!! I love it! Your #1 I would love that!
2# I would really love that! I love the first bridal carry – but dang.. I really want to see Kylo/Ben’s face when he carries her!!!

@rey09  - Sandition sounds wonderful! I’ll have to watch that- thanks for sharing!

rey09 wrote:I remembering skimming thru one of the new books and I think I may have seen a picture in the comics but it seems that Rey and Poe butt heads, which I really hope we get to see on screen.  From what I remember Poe didn't think she'd be a top notch pilot which pissed her off. I really want to see her go up against an alpha male loll. In contrast to Kylo, who knows Rey cannot be underestimated.
@rey09 – this sounds like the start of the Spark of the Resistance book. I have it but haven’t really started reading it yet as I’m about to go on holidays and I’m hoping to read it then! If I find anything in there possibly of interest I’ll share.

The secrets of the Jedi book should be released soon!! Squeee!!

@spacebaby45678 -  No idea if this is credible or not... I don't put trust in leaks. but it makes sense that the franchise would be putting out there the idea that the directors are making this all up as they go along as a misdirect. As if. I don't doubt they planned to bring Palpatine back all along.
Palpatine returning as a force ghost? sure why not! maybe a red one!
or in someone else's body? sure whatever.. but there will definitely be something that is a representation of him and his presence, so they can tell the story of his final defeat!!

californiagirl wrote:I always do feel like I'm the one to rain on everyone's parade. The thing about many predictions from many parts of fandom is that in draws on material outside the saga. It seems unfair to the audience, like the series is only for a small group of people who know all the lore from all the different facets of SW. And it means the saga doesn't stand alone and didn't tell it's whole story. Most people don't know who Satine is, and Q'ira was in one spinoff not many people saw. Frankly, they probably won't, and maybe shouldn't, rely on even the EU with the ST characters themselves either, let alone TCW or Solo. I could see some kind of Easter egg, like how the Rebels ship Ghost had a cameo in RO, and someone said Hera's name on the speaker. There's plenty of Mortis imagery and parallels to go around, but it doesn't require knowing plotlines or characters from another piece of media.
@californiagirl
-I agree! If we’ve just seen the movies it’s still got to make sense.. there might be added implied meaning, but the core take away story is not going to rely on supplementary canon to be understood.

@spacebaby45678  - lol dream away. Sometimes playing around with crazy out there ideas sparks ideas that are able to be in the movie.. and if we are not playing around and dreaming and exploring – we’d never touch on it. Creativity is very welcome! I love to read people’s ideas that are all so different! … But lol, I also think it’s fair to remember- the movie is going to go with a non-complicated route.. so I also agree with California girl’s point too.

Anyway, speaking of playing with ideas, … I’ll move on to some ideas I’ve been playing with…  
So far, we know very little of what will be the state of the first order, the galaxy etc. at the start of TROS. And we know nothing about how the Emperor and his secret fleet will play into TROS, what is Palpatine’s plan (other than: Power!!!!!)  and the need for Rey and Kylo to join forces to defeat the big bad. So I’m always playing with ideas of what could be the galaxy wide set up here and what Palpatine could be up to!
Here are some thoughts which have been sparked by the latest issue of the comic Allegiance (issue 2 of 4).. which is set after TLJ and before TROS.

After TLJ, we played with the idea that Kylo/Ben could be a benevolent leader, more merciful… trying to make the galaxy a better place, even if he is misled.. maybe trying to use the first order to do good things in the galaxy. What I’m seeing in this comic rules this out for me.

We are seeing a Kylo Ren who explicitly declares the empire were too lenient and that he wants the whole galaxy to know the first order have learned from the mistakes of the empire. Then, we see him behead someone from the planet Fondor – his actions are backing up his words! Fondor had actually refused to help the resistance and sent them on their way. But, because they hadn’t handed the resistance over that was not enough loyalty and service it seems.
Under the empire, Fondor had been left to live independently, go about their business of making ships and providing them to the empire. A mutually beneficial relationship seemed to be in place.. you leave us alone, we’ll give you your ships. Under the First Order? Kylo Ren takes over the planet, and they are no longer independent.
Message? The Galaxy starts to see that the Empire were a lighter more preferable yoke to live under than the First Order! Maybe we are seeing what the Empire would have been like had Vader been in charge and not Palpatine. Palpatine is manipulative. Vader was a blunt instrument. Seems Kylo Ren is not subtle either..

Back to the comic - we have the views of the Quarren on Mon Cala – Chadkol the really vocal one blames the rebels for his family being ‘tortured and killed under the yoke of Imperial Oppression’. Not every planet welcomed resisting the Empire, some were comfortable living under their rule.. and some people (aliens? Lol) in the galaxy in the era between TLJ and TROS still believe they could have lived under the Empire and avoided trouble if it weren't for those pesky rebels! Here – again that idea that living under the yoke of the Empire was for some viewed as better than resisting..  Mon Cala may try and do a deal with The First Order – but ask Fondor. The First Order don’t do deals. Bring back the Empire becomes preferable.  

Then, we have Leia’s appeal for assistance being turned on her because her father was Darth Vader and to blame for all the torture and suffering..
But.. Supreme Leader Kylo Ren seems to be dishing out torture and suffering less lenient than the Empire.
And Leia is caught between these two tyrannical organisations, trying to free the galaxy.

This all makes for a very interesting context for TROS. And this set up can be conveyed very quickly in the opening crawl, I am not thinking anyone would have had to read allegiance to understand TROS..

Anyway, so evil Supreme Leader Kylo Ren seems to be a reality … where does Bendemption fit into all this? And what’s a resolution here that all fans are going to find ‘satisfying’?
To be honest, I’m not surprised Star wars is going for maximum drama and tension.. as I believe they will go big here! This is epic space opera fairytale stuff!
So what’s going to be his path back in TROS? And how is it that Rey will have a significant role to play here? [I think she will be key!]
Star Wars will have an amazing answer for this I’m sure.. even if it’s not anything like the ideas that I currently have for TROS!

But.. playing around with ideas.. I keep coming back to the secret bond that a dark side user can form with someone without the other person knowing. Which can be used to ‘corrupt’ and ‘steer’ them. HERE is where I first shared this idea.
Finding out Palpatine has created a secret bond with Kylo/Ben can explain Kylo’s actions, and what appears to be a doubling down on his evilness. While still leaving it feasible that Ben Solo could be redeemed!
I won’t go into that again, but I won’t be surprised to see marketing that Kylo is a villain. He is! Until he is redeemed..

Palpatine can be setting up the galaxy to be ready to welcome his intervention and his taking control of the galaxy. This is what happened in the prequels too!! Cue a repeat of the Declaration of a New Order!!
I’m guessing that Palpatine is setting up the galaxy to cry – please come and rule over us Palps! The first order are tyrants and we’d much prefer to live under your rule!
Evil less lenient First order makes the Empire look good. Just like Palpatine saved the galaxy from those evil treacherous Jedi and separatists.. so he can swoop in and try to save the Galaxy from the first order. Maybe take them over.. and activate the Sith troopers to switch sides or something! [order 66b lol]

So, this is one set up for Palpatine to return and take back control in TROS so that he will then need to be defeated by Rey and Kylo/Ben together..

I can guess some may not like this idea and view it as a form of possession where Kylo/Ben had no control and gets a free pass. I don’t view it as so black and white – it’s influence not complete control.
And as I said before – if this is where TROS is headed, no one knew about the secret bond (not even Kylo/Ben), and he was left unprotected from this influence.
After ROTJ everyone made the same mistake that was made in The Phantom Menace – they underestimated the power of the dark side!! Again, the Jedi didn’t see the approaching threat. It’s poetry! (Pottery?!)

I’m a reylo and I’m fine with it playing out this way [but I know reylos don’t all think the same!] I think the fans who are all grrrrr evil Kylo will also be able to get on board with this explanation too.. It may even appease the so-called fanboys. I even wonder if Snoke and Kylo’s master and apprentice relationship placed some kind of limits on the influence or work of Palpatine via a secret bond – what if killing Snoke set Palpatine free to increase his influence of Kylo/Ben?! If Kylo/Ben’s turn to the dark is a result of a secret force bond with Palpatine – he is still going to need to take action to be redeemed, and to face what he has done under Palpatine’s influence.

This family has had a tragic history, and the Skywalkers and the Jedi need to defeat the enslaver/corrupter in the final episode for them to be free and victorious.

One final thought from the Allegiance issue 2 – I was struck yet again by Leia’s suffering, heartbreak, and her persistence and courage. I love that she feels sorrow and grief, and yet, she keeps going whatever happens.. She is real about her own pain, but never forgets the pain of others. Leia's empathy is one of her greatest strengths.
I like to think we will see the same from Ben Solo in TROS, once he knows of the secret bond… he is going to fight it!!!! And.. empathise with those who are enslaved in the galaxy [And Rey will be key to this!!] ...And do what he can to make the galaxy a better place.

I may be way off track here, but it sure is fun to play around with…  Laughing
Anyone got thoughts about this? I need to go watch that speech of Palpatine’s again..

Found some new content lately but I don’t want to go in the spoilers/rumours thread these days – any idea when we will be splitting the forum into spoiler and non spoiler sections?

Do we know when the trailer is going to be aired? Thanks all bye!  sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Sat 19 Oct 2019, 5:11 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:
fuhry wrote:

1. Qira is Reys mother
@Gemini

@fuhry

Don't if this will happen but I love the soap opera level drama that it adds to Rey's story.. passionate and dark.. not as clinical and boring as being a clone or created by Palps

Why Dathomir?

Maul’s invitation to join him on Dathomir is the pivotal choice in Qi’ra’s story. In joining him, she chooses to continue to work within the murderous underworld rather than escape it with Han. She’s also stepping onto a planet steeped in violence. The cycle of violence that formed Maul started when Mother Talzin gave him up to Darth Sidious on Dathomir. Qi’ra will be walking into the very den of the dark side if she goes there.
@spacebaby45678

Maybe a parallel can be drawn in that Han was working his way to come back for Q'ira, he meets up with her a few years later, he states that she got out and she says that she didn't. Now, Rey is on Jakku supposedly waiting around for her family to come and get her but the will of the force and connection gets her off planet and into the greater adventure.

This is probably a big big stretch but what if the male voice Rey heard (in the TFA novel) telling her that I'll come back for you sweet heart, what if that was actually Han saying that to Q'ira and she was somehow channeling her mother's memories at that time.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 19 Oct 2019, 10:53 pm

Starliteprism wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
fuhry wrote:

1. Qira is Reys mother
@Gemini

@fuhry

Why Dathomir?

@spacebaby45678

Maybe a parallel can be drawn in that Han was working his way to come back for Q'ira, he meets up with her a few years later, he states that she got out and she says that she didn't. Now, Rey is on Jakku supposedly waiting around for her family to come and get her but the will of the force and connection gets her off planet and into the greater adventure.

This is probably a big big stretch but what if the male voice Rey heard (in the TFA novel) telling her that I'll come back for you sweet heart, what if that was actually Han saying that to Q'ira and she was somehow channeling her mother's memories at that time.
@Starliteprism

Yasss!!! @Gemini pointed this out to me also....

haha! and both Qira was the very first attempt at co piloting for Han on the MF... Rey is his first Co Pilot when he finally gets back to that in TFA

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 20 Oct 2019, 3:17 am

We also know that the Dathomir Witches were the ones who taught palpatine how to survive after death by attaching himself to objects. He then killed them all after he found out. QiRa may have known how to destroy palpatine if she was trained as one later. He may have killed her as well. This actually gives rey a reason to personally care about killing palpatine.

Also, I gotta apologise to @Panki she spotted ages ago like 2016, that Reys tassel like robes and arm wraps are what the Witches of Datomir wear. She thought it might tie in with Reys parents.

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 15 Screen31

I'm sorry I didnt believe you at the time, girl! I didn't understand! Lol.

Also, I know a lot of peeps think the red wrap is the red string of fate....it may be?

But, I also think that red wrap string rey has in D23 may be a remnant of the red arm wraps the night sisters/qira wore..on her arm/ leg once trained by Maul.

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 15 20191012
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 15 20191013
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 20 Oct 2019, 4:55 am

From Spoiled Blue Milk 2/2019  https://spoiledbluemilk.com/2019/02/08/do-the-nightsisters-offer-sequel-trilogy-clues/

The Clone Wars is George Lucas’s Silmarillion.  While it may be a cartoon, it was also the perfect medium for Lucas to expand a mythological background narrative that the Sequel Trilogy could be built on. One of the more under-appreciated elements of Lucas’s expanded world is the group of force users known as the Nightsisters.   In this article we will take a fresh look at who they are, and what implications the mythology surrounding them has for the Sequel Trilogy.

In a recent article, we discussed how the 2012 book, The Book of Sith, sits at a very important, transitional period for Star Wars (published while TFA was in development, but before the EU purge). This book stands as part of a roadmap of how Lucasfilm had viewed the Force and the mythology surrounding it. The timing of this book makes it technically non-canon, but it stands as a book that was written in collaboration with Lucasfilm, and summarizes the last works of Lucasfilm with George Lucas at the helm. This point suggests this book represents a summary of Lucas’ vision for Star Wars and was part of the initial planning for the Sequel Trilogy. For this reason, we have been exploring its pages, digging for clues to how they might craft the new canon.

It’s here that we get quite some interesting information about the Nightsisters, and while you may remember this fringe group of Force users as the more villainous characters of the show, their beliefs are a little more forgiving—and intriguing. And it’s this information that may offer us some important connections to the Sequel Trilogy.

Lucasfilm
The Spectrum:  Light, Dark, and… Both?
So before we start getting into some of the Sequel Trilogy connections, let’s take a look at their core beliefs.

The Nightsisters, also known as the “Witches of Dathomir”, believe that there is a spirt realm, and that our world is just a physical shadow of it.  The group is led by someone called a shaman:  a person that can see both worlds, and communicate with the spirts.  Dathomir is their home planet, and has a unique connection to the spirit realm and helps them communicate with it.

The Clone Wars TV show would have you believe that the Nightsisters are darksiders, but that is not the case.  They actually look down upon both the Jedi and the Sith and their compartmentalization of the Force.  To them, the use of terms such as light side and dark side (or the Cosmic Force and the Living Force) as moral opposites is misguided.  Is it evil to kill in self-defense?  What about killing an animal for food?  Are there not moments where you must be aggressive, and others where you can live in peace?  The answer to this is what the Nightsisters call the Twin Deity.

Now I know what you’re thinking:  Whatever the twin deity is, it’s probably not relevant to the “real” religions of Star Wars.  It’s probably akin to what the Green party is to Democrats and Republicans, right?  Not quite.

The thing is, you’ve learned of this twin deity before—but not from a Jedi (and not from a Sith, either).  They are, at this point, probably the most mystifying and puzzling part of the Star Wars universe, and the Jedi and Sith don’t even talk about them.  Where have you already seen them, you ask?

On Mortis.

Lucasfilm
The Winged Goddess and the Fanged God
The Son and Daughter of Mortis take two forms in The Clone Wars:  A griffin, and a gargoyle.  These are also the forms of the Twin Deity the Nightsister believe in.

According to the Nightsisters, the Winged Goddess represents fertility and growth, and acts as a mediator to reconcile wounded parties.  Her counterpart, the Fanged God, represents strength, energy, dominance, and the more animal, hunt-like nature of human beings.  The Nightsisters draw from both of these spirits in order to keep balance, who come out of the spirit realm when they are summoned.

The appearance of these beasts in the Mortis arc is extremely important, because it suggests, one, that the Nightsisters are right about something, and two, that the Jedi and the Sith seem to have a blind spot.  Both groups take a lopsided approach to “balance” and don’t seem to acknowledge the existence of these beasts.  Because Anakin encounters both of these on Mortis and is asked to balance them, it suggests that both the Jedi and the Sith are not completely correct, and that a third option that combines both is probably closer to the truth.  In terms of the direction of the Sequel trilogy, this is huge.  There is a swirling debate online about what “balance” really means.  This assessment seems to suggest a mix between dark and light.

Another more obvious comparison between the two deities is that Rey and Kylo Ren seem to represent these two pretty accurately.   Rey very much plays the role of mediator between two wounded parties—Kylo Ren and Luke. Kylo Ren constantly projects power and dominance. Between them, there seems to be a special connection, and it’s not far off to think that this connection resembles some type of balance.

The Nightsisters are a little one-sided about gender.  They believe that females embody balance, while males give in too easily to their animal instincts.  It’s for this reason that they keep all the males on Dathomir herded like animals and only encourage them to use the dark side—Darth Maul being the perfect example.  From a PR standpoint, this is probably not the message we will get out of the Sequel Trilogy, and probably why the Nightsisters haven’t exactly brought balance to the Force themselves.  However, if you consider the deleted Clone Wars prophecy scene about who controls Skywalker, it could be another possibility.

Lucasfilm
Curious Force Abilities
In the traditional fairy tale and Halloween sense, sorcery is something new to Star Wars lately.  We were introduced to it in The Clone Wars with the witches of Dathomir, Maul, and Savage, and later saw Darth Sidious using his blue smoke over a cauldron in the World Between Worlds in Rebels (the smoke being eerily similar to that surrounding the Emperor’s death in ROTJ, if you’re interested in that theory).

The Book of Sith lays out some of these Force abilities (and yes, this is half of the same book series that Rian Johnson cited Luke’s Force projection ability from), so below is a list of some that may be relevant to recent Star Wars canon and the Sequel Trilogy:

Talking to Animals:  Animals are physical embodiments of the fanged god.  By tapping into the fanged god, one can communicate with animals.  We’ve seen this used heavily in Star Wars Rebels, as well as in Attack of the Clones.
Talisman of Finding:  A Talisman resembling a compass that will guide a user to any target that has been imprinted on it.  Just like Luke’s compass in The Last Jedi?
Talisman of Ressurection:  A talisman that can bring the spirits of the dead back to their physical bodies.  However, “if much time has passed, their forms may be little more than fetid skeletons.”  Like Snoke’s body?
Healing Wounds and Restoring Memories:  We have seen this with Maul—could we see this with Rey?
Last but not least, the Nightsister also have their own prophecy:

“It has been foretold by Allya that a perfect being will one day arise—one brought into existence by the spirts and one who will embody the balance between the Winged Goddess and the Fanged God.”

There are several prophecies in this book (take a look at our False Chosen One article if you’re interested) but this one certainly seems to be one of the only ones that spells out what balance really means—between light and dark.

What’s important to remember here is that while the subjects in this book may no longer be canon in the strictest sense, they have already been implemented in many areas of recent Star Wars mythology, suggesting its use as a foundation.  In the effort of predicting what future canon is going to be (i.e. what happens in Episode IX), this book operates like a rough draft — the best roadmap we have.

The Last Jedi
Plot Implications
So with that said, how does all of this effect the story?  I’m going to speculate now, and I invite you to share your own thoughts in the comments below.

First, this information solidifies some of the mystery surrounding the Mortis arc, and implies that Anakin was interacting with what the Nightsisters call the spirit world. This idea of visiting a spirit world isn’t isolated, and we’ve seen Vader visit a similar world in a recent comic.  Could Lucas’s original idea of exploring the microscopic world of midi-chlorians be related to this?  The key takeaway here his that two worlds live parallel to one another and interact with each other through the Force via emotions.  It brings to mind an important word and theme from Episode I: Symbiosis. Will the final film in the episodic Star Wars saga involve a trip to a spiritual realm?

Second, what what about Allya? The foretold perfect being that will one day rise? Could this be someone we see in Episode IX, or is this being more of a metaphor? If you’re thinking about Rey, you might want to check out our article discussing the possibility that Rey is the Chosen one.

Third, if we are to believe that balancing the Force means equal parts light and dark, then it seems fairly reasonable to think that Kylo Ren and Rey represent that balance and  are destined to team up in Episode IX (unless the story goes in some kind of mutual destruction direction, which I find hard to sell). Just like the image above, where Rey and Kylo Ren are in perfect balance, and the notion that they are “dual protagonists” of TLJ, they share a mysterious connection and seem to have some sort of balance or tension.  At the end of this film, the Force needs to be balanced, and that means they can’t be enemies.

This naturally begs the question:  They can team up, but against what? The Force at this point is unbalanced, and something HAS to be causing it.  My money is on a familiar character, and that Talisman of Resurrection. Another possibility is the Knights of Ren, who are rumored to play a bigger role in this film.

Brought to you from HiddenCity. Stay tuned to Spoiled Blue Milk for the best of Star Wars!
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 20 Oct 2019, 5:15 am

The Talisman of Finding was owned by Mother Talzin of the Nightsisters of Dathomir. She entrusted it to the Nightbrother Savage Opress during the Clone Wars so that he could find his long-lost brother, Darth Maul.

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 15 Latest?cb=20120215104449
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next