Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

+52
Kylo Rey
PalmettoBlue
Maria26
grimbergen
guardienne
snufkin
unicorn
Birdwoman
EchoBase
Chris24601
Kessel
motherofpearl1
Saracene
YeeRees
KnightsofReylo_2015
Cowgirlsamurai
12 Parsnips
DarthRen
bruna8728
Gemini
SW_Heroine_Journey
DeeBee
Xylo Ren
spacebaby45678
AhsokaTano
Walflarck
nemapasara
SanghaRen
Starliteprism
MaddieDove
Geralt_Riv
Tex
Lily Snape
fuhry
nickandnora
Armadeus
Forsythia
justyou
californiagirl
madeinmn
ZioRen
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
FrolickingFizzgig
giaciak2
special_cases
SkyStar
BenRey
Night Huntress
Teo oswald
SheLitAFire
LadyGaufrette
56 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by rey09 Fri 04 Oct 2019, 6:35 pm

I've been thinking about this force fight and how some leaks were saying they are transported through space and time/past events. I think the empire article also mentioned how the heroes have to realize the mistakes of the past to forge their new future. I thought it'd be so cool if they show major moments throughout the trilogy. Idk how they'd do it, using footage from all movies? But I can see rey and kylo fighting and then stopping to watch these major moments that changed everyone's lives - Palpatine's rise and influence on Anakin, death of Padme, I am your father moment and Vader's turn to save Luke. That's powerful stuff and would def affect them so much. I was also hoping an Anidala moment. It makes a lot of sense because if they are going to learn about Palpatine, they have to know about everything else. Hell Palpatine knew Anakin and Padme as children, that's a big deal.

They can't just be fighting the whole time obviously, something major must happen and it'd be cool for them to relive all those crucial moments that have propelled the star wars story. Also it would lend to the "rise of skywalker" because Kylo would see his family history before his eyes and realize he's crucial to bring back balance for at least the sake of his own blood.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by Gemini Fri 04 Oct 2019, 7:08 pm

Ok, so closer inspection reveals that Dark Rey's outfit...seems to possibly be Qi'Ra's mixed with Darth Maul. Qira's fitting, low cut, long sleeves which almost cover the wrists. Mauls belt, cape and hood and slight baggy layers as well. Rey seems to also have Qi'Ra's ring on her right hand in the concept art but not the movie?

AND...is that the dark side cave mirror behind her in the concept?

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Ef_nba12Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Untitl11
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 S-l30011Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Images10Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Images11

It doesn't seem to be Kylo., he doesn't have a signature double ended saber, nor does the outfit look much like him?

I'm going to make a timid call this time. This is a Darth Maul and Qi'ra reference in TRoS that Rey is seeing and Rey is connected to the pair somehow. Set up is in Solo and elements of Solo have already made it to TFA and seemingly TRoS. The Dice, the true parsec amount that Rey knows. Only those on the Kessel run know the true amount because Han has been spreading the lie across the galaxy. Lando apparently having some knowledge about Rey.

The scene in Solo means something bigger...the film language, aka, close ups, grading, colours, sound...everything. Something huge is coming from this moment, this pair up. What did Maul teach Qi'ra? Duel of the fates plays the second he ignites his saber and says "you and I will be working a lot more closely, from now on" Close up on his and Qi'ras face as this happens, her eyes glow red..its important. The music means something in connection to the pair of them. I spotted this waaay back the second I saw Solo. Didn't think much of it until I realised Qi'Ra was basically what Rey's original concept name was..I have since suspected a connection, we shall see. It explains the bond with Han Solo. Father/Daughter never had for sure.

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 05 Oct 2019, 3:46 am

She has a ring on in this shot

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Dark-rey
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Empty Secret Force Bonds...

Post by DeeBee Sat 05 Oct 2019, 9:13 pm

@spacebaby45678 - yeah I wasn't sure if that was a ring or maybe a loop for the shawl thingy.. but I can't wait to find out what this Dark Rey is!

Quoting this from the spoilers thread...
Teo oswald wrote: ...
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 44e361173b477432c160027c48fd7f85566c7b10
It's from the book Secrets of the Jedi .
@Teo oswald
As I briefly said on the spoilers thread - this new information could have huge significance.. So I hope you don't mind if I play around with this here!
“Though this may seem like a harmless-and perhaps even valuable- ability, it is easily manipulated by those on the dark side. Some powerful force users have been able to create secret bonds with others who are unaware of their connection. They then use those bonds to corrupt their target and steer their actions. Even if the unwanted bond is detected, it can still be extremely difficult to break.”

Non-reylos or maybe anti-reylos could see this blurb as confirmation Kylo is just using the bond to trick Rey because he is pure evil..
Reylos will naturally think of their force bond as special and not of the secret manipulative variety.. and seeing what they see, feeling what they feel: well that could really increase that intimacy and foster romance!
But, there is also the idea that Snoke claims he created the force bond between Kylo/Ben and Rey to manipulate them both – they both knew about the bond but didn’t know Snoke was behind it.

This part really stands out to me as not making any sense in terms of the Rey and Kylo/Ben force bond at this point:
“Some powerful force users have been able to create secret bonds with others who are unaware of their connection.”
Both Rey and Kylo are aware of their shared connection, so this isn’t describing their bond.
I think this is referring to something we don’t know about yet.. another bond. A secret bond.
Which got me thinking – Is this information about force bonds key to understanding Ben’s fall and that missing puzzle piece that will make sense of the 9 arc story?
What if-
- …This is referring to Darth Sidious having created a secret bond with Ben Solo from birth– that he is unaware of.
- …Sidious used this secret bond no one was aware of, to 'easily manipulate' 'corrupt' Ben Solo and 'steer' his 'actions' with Ben being 'unaware' of it?
- …This is the darkness Leia sensed in her son?
- …This is what Luke saw when he peered into Ben’s head that night everything changed at the temple?
- …Sidious steered Ben Solo straight toward Snoke for his apprenticeship?
- …This secret bond still exists and Kylo/Ben doesn’t know it?
- …Darth Sidious has been ‘insidious’ right throughout?! [truly living up to his name?!]

At the end of ROTJ Luke was pretty unprepared and un-knowledgeable about the dark side and what was possible.. who would have been around that could have known what was happening to Ben Solo and helped? All the dark side knowledge had been lost. Which is a running theme of late – mentioned much in the Dooku Jedi Lost novel – as there was a tension between Jedi who believed they had a duty to study and understand the dark side and those on the council who believed all that knowledge should be eradicated.

I don’t cling to ideas too tightly, I'm certain that I'm not 100% right. I can guarantee it ha! but this is the first time I’ve felt a real coherence to the whole saga, the ST and the force plot.. so I do wonder if this is the missing piece in the plot that ties everything together. What do you think?

Some more what ifs..
What if-
- ...Kylo/Ben’s force bond with Rey helps to uncover this secret bond that Palpatine is using to corrupt and steer Kylo/Ben unknowingly.
- ...Rey is key to detecting the secret Sidious/Ben bond.. and to breaking it.
[given once it is identified it is ‘extremely difficult’ to break – I sense all her Jedi learning is going to help here! Maybe the key to breaking it is love? It has to be something simple if they are headed in this direction no? ]
- ...While the secret bond exists, Palpatine will still exist. Maybe it is this secret bond that is Palpatine’s way of maintaining his consciousness while he bides his time waiting for the perfect moment to come back in whatever way he will..
[before the leaks went in crazy directions and I quit reading them – an early one was about Kylo needing to die in order for Palpatine to be destroyed for good – this would be one mechanism for this to come about no?]

This all brings me back to the new description of Kylo/Ben in IX… that he is searching the secrets of the force from the depths of the dark side.
Now we know a secret force bond that one side doesn’t know about can be used by a powerful dark side user, this saga and its conclusion can all fit together into a simple whole.
I love the intricacies of the force and jed/sith conflict, but I think they’ll keep it simple in TROS- so any star wars fan can grasp it. Thoughts anyone?
It's fun to ponder...
sunny

edited to add:
This idea paints the final scene between Han and Kylo in a new light..
script of Han's death:
and for me, it's an explanation for Kylo/Ben's reaction..  
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Tumblr_o4hjutrJ161qaa3xao1_500
...was this Kylo/Ben being steered by Palpatine? which may explain his reaction of - what did I just do?!
Kylo/Ben is being torn apart - he doesn't want to kill his father, but something unidentified is steering him to 'Do it!'

edited to add: thought I'd transfer this over.. so the blurb and the translation are together in this thread!
In spoilers thread I wrote:
By the way, for once I’ve actually bothered to translate the Aurebesh text here below the blurb on Bonds.. It is two quotes:
“Your anger is a wellspring you must use it”-maul
“the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force.” -darth vader

Last edited by DeeBee on Sun 06 Oct 2019, 5:44 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added comments..)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Sat 05 Oct 2019, 9:37 pm

rey09 wrote:I've been thinking about this force fight and how some leaks were saying they are transported through space and time/past events. I think the empire article also mentioned how the heroes have to realize the mistakes of the past to forge their new future. I thought it'd be so cool if they show major moments throughout the trilogy. Idk how they'd do it, using footage from all movies? But I can see rey and kylo fighting and then stopping to watch these major moments that changed everyone's lives - Palpatine's rise and influence on Anakin, death of Padme, I am your father moment and Vader's turn to save Luke. That's powerful stuff and would def affect them so much. I was also hoping an Anidala moment. It makes a lot of sense because if they are going to learn about Palpatine, they have to know about everything else. Hell Palpatine knew Anakin and Padme as children, that's a big deal.

They can't just be fighting the whole time obviously, something major must happen and it'd be cool for them to relive all those crucial moments that have propelled the star wars story. Also it would lend to the "rise of skywalker" because Kylo would see his family history before his eyes and realize he's crucial to bring back balance for at least the sake of his own blood.
@rey09

There was a leak a while ago that said that the Force flashes or whatever they’re called would start out as an intense fight, as expected— these two are disappointed in each other, feeling betrayed— but then would become kind of playful as they realize what’s going on. Like, hey, wonder where and when we’ll go next? And I LOVE that. I hope it’s true.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 05 Oct 2019, 11:16 pm

Lily Snape wrote:
rey09 wrote:I've been thinking about this force fight and how some leaks were saying they are transported through space and time/past events. I think the empire article also mentioned how the heroes have to realize the mistakes of the past to forge their new future. I thought it'd be so cool if they show major moments throughout the trilogy. Idk how they'd do it, using footage from all movies? But I can see rey and kylo fighting and then stopping to watch these major moments that changed everyone's lives - Palpatine's rise and influence on Anakin, death of Padme, I am your father moment and Vader's turn to save Luke. That's powerful stuff and would def affect them so much. I was also hoping an Anidala moment. It makes a lot of sense because if they are going to learn about Palpatine, they have to know about everything else. Hell Palpatine knew Anakin and Padme as children, that's a big deal.

@rey09

There was a leak a while ago that said that the Force flashes or whatever they’re called would start out as an intense fight, as expected— these two are disappointed in each other, feeling betrayed— but then would become kind of playful as they realize what’s going on. Like, hey, wonder where and when we’ll go next? And I LOVE that. I hope it’s true.
@Lily Snape

yes I remember the playful part! It's gonna be the main thing for the movie, the thing that propels kylo back to ben. Dying to know!! And of course have been dream for the kiss of life during this fight.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 06 Oct 2019, 2:08 am

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 44e361173b477432c160027c48fd7f85566c7b10
I

Lawd @ the Darth  Maul quote hidden on that page and the quite clear  Maul/Rey in RoS (that people see as palpatine around the web,  despite her clearly having a Maul like saber and attire? With a bit of QiRa thrown in?)  Visually, she in no way immediately matches with palpatine? I'm not understanding why folks are making that visual connection. But they may be right...i dunno.

She does have a cracked core saber like kylo but imo, it doesnt mean it's meant to be him either. Its because, I think  she has light and dark inheritance as well, like he does but its flipped. Her parents are the corrupted ones. Why is this relating to her parents? Because she appears to have the same mirror "of truth" behind her as in TLJ.

Lawd, why is Vader being connected to kylo and Maul, possibly Rey

Was it because of what I said above?

Probably not but it's super intriguing.

I think maul may be where Rey's parents corruption comes from, as said above. Wtf did he teach QiRa? Who imo may be Reys mother.[/quote]
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 06 Oct 2019, 4:16 am

Gemini wrote:
I

Lawd @ the Darth  Maul quote hidden on that page and the quite clear  Maul/Rey in RoS (that people see as palpatine around the web,  despite her clearly having a Maul like saber and attire? With a bit of QiRa thrown in?)  Visually, she in no way immediately matches with palpatine? I'm not understanding why folks are making that visual connection. But they may be right...i dunno.

She does have a cracked core saber like kylo but imo, it doesnt mean it's meant to be him either. Its because, I think  she has light and dark inheritance as well, like he does but its flipped. Her parents are the corrupted ones. Why is this relating to her parents? Because she appears to have the same mirror "of truth" behind her as in TLJ.

I think maul may be where Rey's parents corruption comes from, as said above. Wtf did he teach QiRa? Who imo may be Reys mother.
[/quote]
@Gemini

Ok... devils advocate... both Maul and Vader were apprentices of Sidious..

HOWEVER.. I think you are right... Maul is where she is getting Dark side lineage through her parents.

And the reason. Duel of Fates plays before Rey heads into the tree on Achto

Ohtze did a really great analysis the D23 Saga Trailer and ruminated on why Maul is included in that trailer.... Confus

As far as the actual BOND blurb.. this makes me think Palpy has been bonded with Sidious since before birth....and Rey hears Palpy, say Kill Him because Palpy is bonded with Kylo and after the interrogation scene Rey is bonded with Kylo.. three way line hook up

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Tumblr_px93xlvVfJ1y8hadgo1_640

@AhsokaTano

Project Luminous You've been asking about #ProjectLuminous. All will be revealed, after the new year.
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda...

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Tumblr_pyyd5vd5Tx1y8hadgo1_1280

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Tumblr_ojlpp2JVTq1w2qt4no4_500
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Tumblr_ojlpp2JVTq1w2qt4no6_500
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Tumblr_ojlpp2JVTq1w2qt4no5_500

I would argue that Rey... being the avatar of Aquarius... Kenobi or not...

Gives us the secret

Aquarius is a symbol of the giving of the Holy Spirit to God's people. "the holy spirit" would equal the Force in GFFA

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 58a332f325000024000b8f50

from his urn, Jesus poured out the “exhaustless reservoir of all the fulness of renewing, comforting, and sanctifying power” of the Holy Spirit. It is no coincidence that water— repeatedly used as a symbol in the Bible as purifying, is also represented by a constellation that represents “the life-giving purity and regenerating power of divine grace and salvation.” (Isa. 32:1,2; 33:21).
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 06 Oct 2019, 11:48 am

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 071edc981b00149d223f6786798f2460f3680f9d

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 D408e418438ab1cdbe972889e43fd307f67966c9

Two halves of the same protagonist
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 06 Oct 2019, 1:23 pm

Teo oswald wrote:Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 071edc981b00149d223f6786798f2460f3680f9d

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 D408e418438ab1cdbe972889e43fd307f67966c9

@Teo oswald
I'm dying to know what that the words to the right say.. Shocked Shocked
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 06 Oct 2019, 1:27 pm

@Gemini

I'm dying to know what that the words to the right say.. wrote:

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Q610tUt

shall we begin ?? Cool Cool
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 06 Oct 2019, 2:31 pm

Teo oswald wrote:@Gemini

@Teo oswald

Thank you!

Whatever the quote says. Its being said by Obi Wan..I translated the name at the bottom Laughing the word before his name is "together"

That may be a starting point as we dont have the whole quote, we may be able to piece together .

So far I have "be all living t(hings?)......it surrounds ....penetrates (and?) binds them together" - Obi Wan

Ok I was slightly off, heres the full quote:

In Episode IV: A New Hope, Obi-WanKenobi explains the Force to Luke as "an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the galaxy together."
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 06 Oct 2019, 8:48 pm

Gemini wrote:
I

I think maul may be where Rey's parents corruption comes from, as said above. Wtf did he teach QiRa? Who imo may be Reys mother.
@Gemini
Very interesting to play around with a Rey/Maul connection. For me – any connections between the two don’t seem obvious or uniquely significant, but that doesn’t mean it’s not true. Lol.
The thing with force users and star wars is that in some ways they are all interconnected.. so I find myself being maybe extra cautious in drawing conclusions.

As I said in spoilers thread, we don’t have the full page of the book yet, so I’m not confident the two quotes directly apply to the ‘Bond’ entry in the book. We’ll see.
Maybe the connection is that Sidious had the kind of bond described with Darth Maul, with Darth Vader, and now with Kylo – maybe Sidious had this kind of secret bond with all his apprentices and they didn’t understand the full extent of his influence. (heck, maybe with Dooku too lol). We always knew there was a unique bond between master and apprentice but if the bond is like this secret bond described that adds new understanding of the quality of the bond Sidious shared with his apprentices.
And… makes me go back and question the turning of Anakin in the first place – if Sidious had a secret bond with Anakin and no one knew it, he was at the heart of Anakin’s turn to the dark side more than we first realised...
This kind of set up could change the way we see the whole saga! [and for me provide a more complete picture of why Anakin turned in the first place]
Maybe this is why these two quotes are by the entry for Bonds.  No idea.. but fun to play around with.

spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini

Ok... devils advocate... both Maul and Vader were apprentices of Sidious..

HOWEVER.. I think you are right... Maul is where she is getting Dark side lineage through her parents.

And the reason. Duel of Fates plays before Rey heads into the tree on Achto

Ohtze did a really great analysis the D23 Saga Trailer and ruminated on why Maul is included in that trailer.... Confus

As far as the actual BOND blurb.. this makes me think Palpy has been bonded with Sidious since before birth....and Rey hears Palpy, say Kill Him because Palpy is bonded with Kylo and after the interrogation scene Rey is bonded with Kylo.. three way line hook up

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Tumblr_px93xlvVfJ1y8hadgo1_640

@AhsokaTano

Project Luminous You've been asking about #ProjectLuminous. All will be revealed, after the new year.
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda...

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Tumblr_pyyd5vd5Tx1y8hadgo1_1280

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Tumblr_ojlpp2JVTq1w2qt4no4_500
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Tumblr_ojlpp2JVTq1w2qt4no6_500
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Tumblr_ojlpp2JVTq1w2qt4no5_500

I would argue that Rey... being the avatar of Aquarius... Kenobi or not...

Gives us the secret

Aquarius is a symbol of the giving of the Holy Spirit to God's people. "the holy spirit" would equal the Force in GFFA

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 58a332f325000024000b8f50

from his urn, Jesus poured out the “exhaustless reservoir of all the fulness of renewing, comforting, and sanctifying power” of the Holy Spirit. It is no coincidence that water— repeatedly used as a symbol in the Bible as purifying, is also represented by a constellation that represents “the life-giving purity and regenerating power of divine grace and salvation.” (Isa. 32:1,2; 33:21).
@spacebaby45678  – I love a bit of devil’s advocate go for it!
Ahhh haaa yeah I see you raised some idea re both apprentices of Palpatine.

re the bolded - Palpy has been bonded with Sidious since before birth? Sorry did you mean to say Rey here?
I played around with that idea but there was no indication of his influence on Rey before TFA..
And there’s indication Kylo was under a dark side influence from the start.
I also wonder about the three way line haaaaa – I wondered if the Rey/Kylo Bond will help the secret Sidious/Kylo Bond be identified.. and.. yes maybe through it Rey is at risk of being influenced by Sidious second hand – this could explain the dark rey vision and what is the story idea behind it. [So yeah maybe the first option in Ohtze's list.]

I am open to anything.. but I confess Maul being alive doesn’t appeal.. and Maul fathering children with Qi’ra doesn’t appeal.. Mr no bottom half may find that challenging and she doesn’t look at all like a Zabrak. Lol.
I think TROS will go with a backstory easy to understand and not needing massive explanations. Maul being her grand father seems too complicated to me. I prefer she stay a nobody. No one debates who is Yoda’s parents. but I'm sure whatever we get - I will love!
Teo oswald wrote:Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 071edc981b00149d223f6786798f2460f3680f9d

@Teo oswald

I think when secrets of the Jedi is released I’m going to need to take time off work rofl.
We can’t see the full text here. For me, I’m going to hold off trying to figure this text out. But hey isn’t it cool to see Anakin confronting his dark side!
Yeah the imagery is the same.. dark vs light. But with Rey and Kylo they are two separate people coming together. With Anakin and Vader they are one person split in two. Opposites..
Teo oswald wrote:@Gemini

@Teo oswald
Gemini- welcome to the dark side! Rofl. Translating Aurebesh can be addictive haaaa
Yes Teo Oswald! Begin begin! Welcome! Haaaaa..
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 07 Oct 2019, 1:09 am

@DeeBee

Haha! I am not that kind of devil's advocate... I don't believe Rey is half Dathomirian  aka Maul's species... however at the end of Solo.. Maul demands that Qira goes to Dathomir.. ( Only speculation and a crack theory) but we would suspect that Maul would teach Qira Dathomir magicks
A way of utilizing the dark side without becoming SITH

So Qira is a darksider witch but not Sith....

This is my preferred scenario for Rey's Mum... that is with a heap of WE SHALL SEE
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 07 Oct 2019, 1:30 am

@DeeBee

Yeah I agree, actually after seeing this new Rey toy, if this vision happens after she gets that new saber. Then I think she may not be Maul "looking" it's just a "what could be" Rey.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 07 Oct 2019, 5:33 am

On another note...If in the actual movie, Dual of the Fates plays when we see that vision of Rey.....OMG for me its OVER lol.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 10 Oct 2019, 10:00 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:Jeremy Jahns ruminating on the PT... "Anakin is Dracula essentially this legendary war soldier and then the woman he loves dies and he just snaps and gives himself over to being the right hand of the devil essentially in the end it he's a victim of his own choices

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 EFdfIDBU4AgaCzz?format=png&name=small

Dracula returns from a victory at war to find his wife committed suicide after his falsely reported his death. A priest tells him that his wife's soul is damned to Hell for committing suicide. Dracula desecrates the chapel & renounces God declaring he will rise

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 EFdgBi3U4AAKomc?format=png&name=small

declaring that he will rise from the grave to avenge Elisabeta with all the powers of darkness. Jonathan meets Dracula who discovers a picture of his fiancée Mina Harker and believes that she is the reincarnation of Elisabeta

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 EFdgZuZUYAIX4f7?format=png&name=small

Palpy is that you?  Suspect  affraid  confused  
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 EFdjHl8U4AMNBoX?format=png&name=small

To me, I think Jahns is onto something never mind that Francis & George are lifelong friends...
but, this seems to be what the Vader comics are alluding too.. especially Palpy's vampirc energy and Vader trying to reunite with Padme
affraid

@spacebaby45678

Dude on twitter noticed another possible connection to Dracula with the Sith Trooper design, like Vlad's armor

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Hot-toys-star-wars-sith-trooper-1280-featured-01-470x310@2x

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Tumblr_pz5yt72jG11y8hadgo1_1280
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 10 Oct 2019, 11:47 am

Something else very interesting

According to SW Wikia discussions [1]:

he control panel from V and VI bore Hebrew lettering that can be translated as "His deeds will not be forgiven, until he merits".

Someone fluent in Hebrew was able to corroborate that based on Star Wars Blueprints: The Ultimate Collection, by DK publishing as well

There is also a fairly extended discussion on the page where Wikia links as a reference ( Wayback machine link [2], search for "Hebrew"). It seems that most or at least some of the research dates back to rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc newsgroup.

Yahoo Answers [3] has phonetics of the wording (not corroborated or referenced):

ein ma'asav = his deeds will not
nisslachim = be forgiven
ad shezacha = until he merits

They also note that the middle line is upside down.

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Ke0Zt
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 11 Oct 2019, 3:35 am

I have a feeling that they will not be able to introduce a ton of new concepts into the last installment of this saga. There is not enough time. This is why I was certain the previous leaks were fake. JJ is talking about how he is entwining the past into this episode, yet the leaks showed not a single hint of it? There is zero time to introduce a bunch of new ideas, relics, artifacts. I think that whatever we will see will all tie in with the past. Its just easier at this point.

This is why Palp is back.

If there is any artifact that will be introduced as something which gives visions. It will be an object we are already familiar with, I think. This is what TFA did and this is what TRoS will do too, methinks?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Fri 11 Oct 2019, 7:33 am

Gemini wrote:I have a feeling that they will not be able to introduce a ton of new concepts into the last installment of this saga. There is not enough time. This is why I was certain the previous leaks were fake. JJ is talking about how he is entwining the past into this episode, yet the leaks showed not a single hint of it? There is zero time to introduce a bunch of new ideas, relics, artifacts. I think that whatever we will see will all tie in with the past. Its just easier at this point.

This is why Palp is back.

If there is any artifact that will be introduced as something which gives visions. It will be an object we are already familiar with, I think. This is what TFA did and this is what TRoS will do too, methinks?
@Gemini

I agree there's too much relic stuff in the leaks which just sounds so off. They had two movies and now this last one they are throwing in all these things? Idk if they necessarily need anything to transport in the past, maybe but idk. Some leaks suggested the force fight takes them to diff places and times? I wonder if the force is just enough? Or maybe one relic to trigger it. There's also some role of 3PO and his memories. Somehow I think they come together.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 11 Oct 2019, 12:21 pm

While I wouldn't be surprised if the film is 3 hours like LOTR, Endgame, etc., there's already plenty of old and new characters and ongoing plotlines. Weren't there tons of rumors around TLJ about Luke looking for force artifacts and something-something acolytes of the beyond? And it was all nonsense? Maybe there's one artifact? Vader's helmet, with the whole "show me again the power of the dark side"? Snoke's ring might be a little obscure. The Death Star itself? I do still like the idea that Palpy's been stuck there just haunting the physical manifestation of his shattered evil empire dreams because the dark side is possessive and he just can't let it go. The symbolism!

I know some people don't like Palpatine back, but I knew they wouldn't bring in a new big bad, someone we'd never seen before, that would just be so jarring and unrelated to anything at the very end. Part of me still wonders how much actual screen time he's going to get, or if his presence will be felt looming over the film more than actually seen.

Plus there's Pryde and Hux. The KOR likely won't last past the halfway mark, but boy they'll sell the action figures. They said we're going to learn more about how the FO works, so I wouldn't be shocked to hear a bit more about Snoke, if only to officially stop the complaining about him.

People try to invent these wildly convoluted plots with deep-cut lore for the ST, and both films haven't gone that way at all. So yeah, a lot of the "leaks" looked like fanfiction.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Fri 11 Oct 2019, 5:19 pm

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Dd3190e51e07692ec0fa6c5e215c0179aed984e2

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Aede4b5c9840871aa556361b24d27a9f2ae58eaa

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 B73dd024457b715caf664dff091631b0eda1fad8

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 2619378b1d1f29ca6f9a0caca1337b96d02643e7

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 D8f9dd1ab099fea5bb1891082a134e4f1c8b3336

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Cb7f3556b9a10d820fc13886423aa86d29d8406c

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 B7e31ffc9a48cf234bb700a07e857533bd807eeb

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 5866eef17d659952d4d7b08279cea1a5cc80268f

they want us to believe that the two will just fight, they are bound to clash and and that's it
but it won't be so,
twist
now we know it, but I'm sure we will be amazed and satisfied with this last chapter.
I expect to see some reylo in the trailer
not all but a little
if this is not the time ......
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Fri 11 Oct 2019, 7:08 pm

I hate all this evil!Kylo stuff. Crying or Very sad
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 11 Oct 2019, 7:51 pm

@MaddieDove With little kid books especially, they tend to go more simplistic on all fronts. I remember seeing some parts of a TFA Little Golden Book that were kind of like that. And the TLJ junior novel had him a cackling, almost mustache twirling villain. I don't think we're getting end of film, redeemed Ben until afterwards.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 11 Oct 2019, 10:26 pm

Those kids books are hilarious because every single statement about how he "wAnTs tO rUlE tHe gAlaXy" are always about how his mom is such a buzzkill and won't let him. Not the mention the other pages about Leia fighting with her dad over the same thing (these books really need to stress more the importance of open communication & cooperation with one's family members).

Otherwise is it BINGO card time yet? Because I'm probably going to have squares for

1. Rey needling Ben by calling him "Supreme Leader" in the same tone of voice as "your worship." Either before, during, or after the couples' fight shown in the D23 trailer
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 14 Xh7fbcgshoyyzgd9hlpvfyb192va7grnhluuqjfolfhyh0ev9bg6xf0kbwrf0fy1

2. Bridal Carry 2.0 where something happens which knocks both of them off their feet and this time it's Rey who gets laid out. Ben could ditch her because they're still complicated enemies/unlikely allies but to paraphrase Jane Austen, the feelings of the person who did it, and the person who received it, will be so widely different from what they were on Takodana. I've been reading the Solo YA novel Most Wanted because Rae Carson is writing the TRoS novel and there's a moment in which
Spoiler:
. I'm thinking it's not a coincidence she wrote a novel with two characters who are forced to work together and then become confidantes/allies with feelings that go deeper.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next