Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker

+45
EchoBase
Kyla Ren
giaciak2
Mila95
loversinthestorm
spacebaby45678
Night Huntress
vaderito
Saracene
Lovely_Rose
motherofpearl1
Lily Snape
tukicarreno
rey09
DeeBee
Teo oswald
12 Parsnips
DarthRen
snufkin
ZioRen
thescavenger
MaddieDove
Moonlight13
californiagirl
rawpowah
cherrylipstick
unicorn
AhsokaTano
SW_Heroine_Journey
Atenais
SheLitAFire
Birdwoman
nickandnora
reylo1992
Cowgirlsamurai
TheLastJedi
Kessel
Blood Moon
FrolickingFizzgig
Oscarborough-fairo
special_cases
MindAndMagic
SkyStar
SanghaRen
nana7marie
49 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by Teo oswald Sat 25 May 2019, 4:46 am

@DeeBee

Anyone else want to see Rey throw Kylo/Ben against a tree? wrote:

me, me !!!!  
I want  to hear her  say "for that time" hahaha Razz Razz
since they said that the force bond will be deeper than the precendet, I am expecting everything.
and if they told us that their fingers touching, representing sex, I'm expecting everything. Razz Razz
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 25 May 2019, 9:01 am

Kyla Ren wrote:Okay, I have a stupid question.  Is it possible to order hard copies of the magazine from Vanity Fair's website?  I would like to order both the Kylo and Rey covers.  I've looked on their website, but I can't find anywhere to order them.  Maybe I just missed it.  Or do you just have to buy them at a newsstand?
@Kyla Ren

Not a stupid question! It seems only at the newsstand, and if you don't have any luck with either or both of them, keep an eye on ebay, as well.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscarborough-fairo Sat 25 May 2019, 11:29 am

Absoluetly not, I don't want to see them fighting again. They are in love. However Rey is pretty aggressive, so who knows..
Btw Kylo didnt want to hurt her in the snowy forest. He was completely disoriented and was in shock after his dad's death and Rey was about to kill him with the pistol. Obviously he didnt want to die, he had to disarm her.
JJ didnt show his face for a reason after she had fallen on the ground

Oscarborough-fairo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Sat 25 May 2019, 2:34 pm

EchoBase wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:Okay, I have a stupid question.  Is it possible to order hard copies of the magazine from Vanity Fair's website?  I would like to order both the Kylo and Rey covers.  I've looked on their website, but I can't find anywhere to order them.  Maybe I just missed it.  Or do you just have to buy them at a newsstand?
@Kyla Ren

I believe you can only subscribe them online. I’ve ordered both covers here: www.newsstand.co.uk
@EchoBase

Thank you for the link. Smile  I just ordered both covers. Smile
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Sat 25 May 2019, 2:39 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@Kyla Ren

Not a stupid question!  It seems only at the newsstand, and if you don't have any luck with either or both of them, keep an eye on ebay, as well.  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I just ordered both covers from the link that @EchoBase posted, https://www.newsstand.co.uk/, but thanks for the ebay suggestion. Smile  I'm worried that they might run out of stock before they ship mine and if so, I might have to look on ebay.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 26 May 2019, 2:03 am

This quote seems to get missed in the middle of the photos, but gosh it can't be correct - because I've certainly heard over and over again that the only opinions which matter are the ones coming from LF employees' social media accounts or from big name fans. Because being a thoughtful consumer of a film steeped in literary and cinematic history where you follow the writers is just being in an echo chamber. Or it has to be like [insert big name property that's a completely different genre/not in the same category]. JJ talking to the writers and wanting something to form a cohesive 9 chapter story, what a hack!

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 5 Scwcwtzvma031

(source)
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Sun 26 May 2019, 3:05 am

For me, the key is "...when a kid is watching all 9 movies..."

It tells me that JJ (as well as part 1 - 8 ) aims at "innocent" people, still believing in love and hope, not at "true fans" aka always complaining fanboys in their 30s or 40s, out for blood and frothing from the mouth because kylo ren/lucasfilm/disney destroyed their lives and star wars in complete by killing their cool and lifelong childhood heroes.

A satisfying arc and ending for a child and a "true fan" are two completely different things. Therefore I´m convinced we will get redemption, love, hope and happiness, end of.

Last edited by unicorn on Sun 26 May 2019, 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 26 May 2019, 10:37 am

how many of us have re-read the last jedi's vanity fair and compared with the one released this month?
What a gratification Smile the things we wanted to read were not there, we wanted confirmations (even if we knew it) now we have them Smile

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 5 Immagi10
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 26 May 2019, 11:11 am

This VF cover is their best in a long time. The actors are clearly looking at each other, not into camera, and you can see emotions on their faces (I'd say they long for each other). It's a panoramic shot where they face each other (the wind is blowing their tunics in the same direction when you position the covers to face each other). That's why it's perfect to buy both to see the effect in full.

I do appreciate that Lev Grossman got this over Kamp who created unneeded RomanceGate when he cut off Rian mid-sentence and pushed his own agenda. Much better job and Lev's AMA was great.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 26 May 2019, 12:46 pm

vaderito wrote:This VF cover is their best in a long time. The actors are clearly looking at each other, not into camera, and you can see emotions on their faces (I'd say they long for each other). It's a panoramic shot where they face each other (the wind is blowing their tunics in the same direction when you position the covers to face each other). That's why it's perfect to buy both to see the effect in full.

I do appreciate that Lev Grossman got this over Kamp who created unneeded RomanceGate when he cut off Rian mid-sentence and pushed his own agenda. Much better job and Lev's AMA was great.

@vaderito

It's so wonderful, and positive. I admit that the only negative/dark side/teehee I have from this VF is that it's so powerful, it has caused antis and fanbosy to ironically admit that "at most they will be friends." I rub my hands in an evil manner that antis have shown their bellies - he is no longer the villain. haha Truthfully, I think most have admitted Reylo to themselves, they just don't want to say it - so they move the goalpost...again.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 26 May 2019, 5:51 pm

Now we're spoiled! Really has put people in a good mood, like the Reylo "Art of" cover, but on steroids for a whole cover piece. Now I'll expect every magazine to cover SW like this. EW, Rolling Stone, Empire, People, you've got a high bar to clear now! Smile
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Sun 26 May 2019, 7:11 pm

Kyla Ren wrote:
@Kyla Ren

Not a stupid question!  It seems only at the newsstand, and if you don't have any luck with either or both of them, keep an eye on ebay, as well.  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I just ordered both covers from the link that @EchoBase posted, https://www.newsstand.co.uk/, but thanks for the ebay suggestion. Smile  I'm worried that they might run out of stock before they ship mine and if so, I might have to look on ebay.
@Kyla Ren

Aaaaaaaaand they're out of stock. Already. LMAO.

Btw, I realized just now that it's a UK site. Smile
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Sun 26 May 2019, 7:32 pm

Dar-ren19 wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
@Kyla Ren

@SW_Heroine_Journey

@Kyla Ren

@Dar-ren19

Yes, it's a UK site, but they will ship to other countries. Smile  It actually said "Out of stock" when I ordered them yesterday, but it still let me add them to my cart and complete the order.  I figured that maybe they would get more in stock from Vanity Fair, but I could be wrong.  I figured it was worth a try.  They sent me a confirmation email.  But who knows.  Maybe they'll send me another email within the next few days telling me that they really are out of stock and they're not getting any more in. Sad  In that case I guess I'll have to check stores/newsstands in my area and hope that they don't sell out there right away.  But if all else fails, as @SW_Heroine_Journey suggested, ebay might very well be a possibility.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 26 May 2019, 7:53 pm

Dar-ren19 wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
@Kyla Ren

@SW_Heroine_Journey

@Kyla Ren

@Dar-ren19

One of the several reasons why I know Reylo Bendemption HEA will occur in TROS - because we spend $$$$ and Disney/LF knows this. Very Happy haha
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 26 May 2019, 7:57 pm

Kyla Ren wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
@Kyla Ren

@SW_Heroine_Journey

@Kyla Ren

@Dar-ren19

Yes, it's a UK site, but they will ship to other countries. Smile  It actually said "Out of stock" when I ordered them yesterday, but it still let me add them to my cart and complete the order.  I figured that maybe they would get more in stock from Vanity Fair, but I could be wrong.  I figured it was worth a try.  They sent me a confirmation email.  But who knows.  Maybe they'll send me another email within the next few days telling me that they really are out of stock and they're not getting any more in. Sad  In that case I guess I'll have to check stores/newsstands in my area and hope that they don't sell out there right away.  But if all else fails, as @SW_Heroine_Journey suggested, ebay might very well be a possibility.
@Kyla Ren

For now, I admit that I am checking ebay for SW Galaxy's Edge merchandise because it will be some time until I can visit, and I covet first day/first year stuff. lol Have not yet seen anything that really calls my name - haha - but then again, thus far, the visitors have been few (relatively speaking), cast members, VIPs, and Annual Passholders. I'm sure that the selection will expand on 5/31 (shortly afterwards) once the GA can reservation visit, and even more once the reservation time only window expires.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 26 May 2019, 7:59 pm

Kyla Ren wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
@Kyla Ren

@SW_Heroine_Journey

@Kyla Ren

@Dar-ren19

@Kyla Ren

Oh!

I'm hoping the UK purchase is a success, but if not, in addition to ebay, amazon might also be an option, if the bad news scenario occurs.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Sun 26 May 2019, 8:42 pm

Kyla Ren wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
@Kyla Ren

@SW_Heroine_Journey

@Kyla Ren

@Dar-ren19

@Kyla Ren

Oh!

I'm hoping the UK purchase is a success, but if not, in addition to ebay, amazon might also be an option, if the bad news scenario occurs.  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Yes, Amazon is a good place to look, too. Smile  Actually, I guess in a way it's a good sign that the Kylo and Rey covers are selling out so fast.  I mean, of course I'll be very disappointed if I can't get copies, but if they're selling out fast it means Kylo/Rey/Reylo are very popular. Smile  Let's just hope that all of us who want the Kylo/Rey covers are able to get them. Smile
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 26 May 2019, 9:33 pm

@Teo oswald LMAO there it is in black and white. You'd better believe that article and quotes are there because VF ran that web article because the author interrupted Rian Johnson (who subsequently was fielding damage control on Twitter) and then ran with his own conjecture for a piece of clickbait.

Speaking of the Vanity Fair article, it's interesting to me reading that JJ convened with the other writers, starting with Kasdan, about the story and how it should be true to both the ST and the Saga. Because the introduction to the Art of Solo discusses the timeline for both the ST and the standalone movies being written/developed. Kasdan originally came back because Han is his favorite character and it was only to work on that movie. But as Arndt's writing dragged on, Kasdan was asked to step in as editor/help with the script and then eventually took over with JJ to write it. Solo was tabled because of his involvement with TFA. It's in the book as part of the production history (though no mention is made about Lord & Miller's dismissal), but he was working on both projects. Which there's no way the similar details/moments between Solo and TLJ were a coincidence. Especially when JJ and Rian have both said that they consulted with Kasdan on their scripts (the other person who they've also said on record had input was Carrie). So I'll continue to be curious about how the themes they brought up in Solo, especially the criminal underworld elements being in league with the Empire/First Order and "everytime you look at me you're reminded of him"/"too much Vader in him"/"too much of your father's heart in you" coming into play in TROS.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Mon 27 May 2019, 1:53 am

Kyla Ren wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
@Kyla Ren

@SW_Heroine_Journey

@Kyla Ren

@Dar-ren19

@Kyla Ren

Oh!

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Yes, Amazon is a good place to look, too. Smile  Actually, I guess in a way it's a good sign that the Kylo and Rey covers are selling out so fast.  I mean, of course I'll be very disappointed if I can't get copies, but if they're selling out fast it means Kylo/Rey/Reylo are very popular. Smile  Let's just hope that all of us who want the Kylo/Rey covers are able to get them. Smile
@Kyla Ren

I'm gonna start checking my local Barnes and Nobles tomorrow -- all three stores Very Happy
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Mon 27 May 2019, 2:04 am

Dar-ren19 wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
@Kyla Ren

@SW_Heroine_Journey

@Kyla Ren

@Dar-ren19

@Kyla Ren

Oh!

@SW_Heroine_Journey

@Kyla Ren

I'm gonna start checking my local Barnes and Nobles tomorrow -- all three stores Very Happy
@Dar-ren19

I guess I should, too.  I hope all Reylos are are able to get both covers! Smile
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Mon 27 May 2019, 2:38 am

californiagirl wrote:Now we're spoiled! Really has put people in a good mood, like the Reylo "Art of" cover, but on steroids for a whole cover piece. Now I'll expect every magazine to cover SW like this. EW, Rolling Stone, Empire, People, you've got a high bar to clear now! Smile

@californiagirl

Well, I'm now seeing these:
Hypable Kylo Bendemption article
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Mon 27 May 2019, 4:42 am

@Kyla Ren @Dar-ren19

The current issue is out of stock. The summer issues with Rey and Kylo will be released end of May and are still available Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 5 40487b10
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Mon 27 May 2019, 4:46 am

EchoBase wrote:@Kyla Ren @Dar-ren19

The current issue is out of stock. The summer issues with Rey and Kylo will be released end of May and are still available Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 5 40487b10
@EchoBase

Cool! Smile  Thanks for pointing that out. Smile  Hopefully this means my order will go through! Smile
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Mon 27 May 2019, 4:57 am

Dar-ren19 wrote:
californiagirl wrote:Now we're spoiled! Really has put people in a good mood, like the Reylo "Art of" cover, but on steroids for a whole cover piece. Now I'll expect every magazine to cover SW like this. EW, Rolling Stone, Empire, People, you've got a high bar to clear now! Smile

@californiagirl

@Dar-ren19

Lmao at all these people who’re now realising what the story seems to be about - rather than really re-thinking their stance upon interacting with reylos and bendemptionists, they’re conveniently ‘changing their minds’ only once Lucasfilm begins to confirm our theories Rolling Eyes . Good though that they get it at last! lol!
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Mon 27 May 2019, 8:48 am

nana7marie wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:

@californiagirl

@Dar-ren19

Lmao at all these people who’re now realising what the story seems to be about - rather than really re-thinking their stance upon interacting with reylos and bendemptionists, they’re conveniently ‘changing their minds’ only once Lucasfilm begins to confirm our theories Rolling Eyes . Good though that they get it at last! lol!
@nana7marie
Yeah! Get ready for a lot of these "Oh NOW we all know" pieces never giving credit where it's really due. "@snufkin" would LOVE these lol Very Happy
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next