Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker

+45
EchoBase
Kyla Ren
giaciak2
Mila95
loversinthestorm
spacebaby45678
Night Huntress
vaderito
Saracene
Lovely_Rose
motherofpearl1
Lily Snape
tukicarreno
rey09
DeeBee
Teo oswald
12 Parsnips
DarthRen
snufkin
ZioRen
thescavenger
MaddieDove
Moonlight13
californiagirl
rawpowah
cherrylipstick
unicorn
AhsokaTano
SW_Heroine_Journey
Atenais
SheLitAFire
Birdwoman
nickandnora
reylo1992
Cowgirlsamurai
TheLastJedi
Kessel
Blood Moon
FrolickingFizzgig
Oscarborough-fairo
special_cases
MindAndMagic
SkyStar
SanghaRen
nana7marie
49 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 4 Empty Re: Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by tukicarreno Thu 23 May 2019, 10:44 am

loversinthestorm wrote:I think jonerys and reylo have some similarities but they are “reversed” in a way. They start as friends while reylo starts as enemies, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they had the same ending, actually it would make more sense with reylo than it did with jonerys. I know some people like happy endings but I don’t think a tragic romance is less valid or canon. If anything it makes it more epic (like Romeo and Juliet).
@loversinthestorm

It could happen but with a resurrection in the end. Ben Solo has to live, otherwise the ending would not be hopeful and satisfactory like KK said it was.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 4 Empty Re: Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 23 May 2019, 10:53 am

Am hoping for happy ending myself to be honest because there’s been so much suffering and heartache to be honest . GoT universe is different to Star Wars - Star Wars is a fairy tale . GoT is brutal , sadistic and dark and I’ve often thought if there was a hell the GoT’s universe would be it ( did Like the show but would definitely not want to live in that world because it’s so dark ). I don’t think we can think of Star Wars in the same light .

So back to Star Wars couple of things - first the quote below how they wanted everyone to feel going into the sequel trilogy “ horny “ lol - they know it’s kylo and Rey ! And another thing people on social media have noticed ( tumblr ) talking of horniness is that both kylo and Rey’s groin areas are exposed in the covers of VF ( not literally lol) ie the flaps on their clothes lifts up -kylo’s on the right ( his flap is on the right lol) and Rey’s is “ flapping “ towards the left lol. Am sure on the TLJ cover it was just kylo’s groin area that was portrayed in this way but not Rey’s . Now it seems from this cover she’s ready for kylo!And it’s interesting too because of Right and left symbolism associated with left and right - logic and creativity( typically associated with one and the other and masculine and feminine traits ).

So there’s that and there’s also this tweet which isn’t official Star Wars account but would be interesting if true - heroes ( kylo/Rey) vs villains ( Pryde /hux):

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 4 78687210
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 4 4a72a710
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 4 0c49ba10
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 4 Befac610
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 4 1e0d4b10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Thu 23 May 2019, 10:59 am

I think Kylo and Rey have a ton of similarities to Jon and Dany.All the parallels,the Ice and Fire,Light and Dark symbolism,similar core personalities like loneliness and a desire to belong.I do think reylo has a better chance at a happy ending then jonerys did, because its SW and a fairytale.But I don't think jonerys fans like myself were that crazy to hope for an not totally tragic ending to Jon and Dany considering there was a ton of foreshadowing of a marriage and especially a baby.And that there were leaks from previously a very reliable source who claimed they lived and that Tyrion's death and betrayal was the tragic part of the ending.And then most of the other characters who aren't Jon or Dany got a nice,happy ending going exactly what they wanted.

I could see reylo probably get a similar scenario of Rey killing Kylo but him coming back.I genuinely hope so because I need it after the GoT mess.Even if he's not resurrected tho,I trust them to make the death super emotional and well done,unlike the Jon and Dany last scene where a CGI dragon is the only part that made me emotional lol

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 23 May 2019, 11:06 am

Vanity Fair Summer Issue:  Let’s Break It On Down

The cover photos are of course, stunning.  Robinson said there is a hidden meaning in the covers that she wonders if anyone will figure out before the film is released.  (I know, LOL, these are Reylos were talking about here.)

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 4 Tumblr_inline_prx01nxHaj1vuzpxp_540

They are obviously in the same environment (this new desert planet) and Kylo looks all Lawrence of Arabia/princely/dashing, exactly how you want your villain to appear, am I right?  She looks emotional.  Maybe they are looking at each other.  Notice how light and shadows, twilight and sunrise play across both images.

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 4 Tumblr_inline_prx08zmphy1vuzpxp_540

There’s a lot of debate about this image going on right now.  Some are saying they are NOT fighting each other but this looks like it might be the same “duel” portrayed on the Art of TROS cover (notice she’s in the desert, he’s in water) AND on the Loungefly pin art

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 4 Star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-enamel-pin-badges-kylo-ren-rey-battle-by-loungefly

The difference is in the latter two, Kylo is in a helmet.  In this photo, Kylo is not wearing a helmet.

Let me just say this…the above photo is NOT a movie still.  Annie Leibovitz always stages her Star Wars photos.  It’s not to say this scene won’t happen in the film but it may play out/look differently.  For example, look at this photo from the TPM spread in 1999:

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 4 Tumblr_inline_prx0m3D6ki1vuzpxp_540

Yes, Obi-Wan and Darth Maul fought in the movie but not on Tatooine and defintely not with Obi-Wan leaping about while still wearing his cloak. .

About the duel : he tag: “Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) and Rey battle it out with lightsabers in a stormy confrontation” is intentionally misleading. They want us to assume it’s against one another but the tag could also mean the two of them “battle it out with lightsabers in a stormy confrontation” against (Palps????). Perhaps a threat off camera in this shot or even invisible? They are not positioned in a way that says they are fighting each other. Their hips are both turned facing camera and Rey is much too far from Kylo to already be working on a down swing, especially with his saber so far back from hers. it seems like Rey is already blocking something/someone. She’s struggling and leaning backwards. Not to mention her eyes are not focused on Kylo as they should be if she were actively attacking him here . Kylo is focused on Rey but doesn’t he seem a bit concerned? Similar to the look he gave her during the Praetorian Guard fight? Maybe he’s worried about her struggling against the unseen attacker?
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Thu 23 May 2019, 1:43 pm

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 4 Cb37fc10[
I thought ... could they be in front of a mirror? If we turn them one in front of each other the wind would go in the same direction.

They are in the same place, but he is in the past (at sunset) and she in the future (at dawn).
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Thu 23 May 2019, 2:07 pm

@AhsokaTano

I'm not sure if your post isn't being "Liked" into oblivion because people have missed the tidbit that Vanity Fair shared at the bottom, but for those that didn't see it:

KATHLEEN KENNEDY CONFIRMS THAT THEY WANTED THE ST TO FEEL "HORNY." THAT WAS A SPECIFIC WORD THEY BRAINSTORMED.

ETA: Nevermind, it's fake. Geez, I take for granted that I'm an honest person who doesn't have the time or inclination to photoshop weird things into posts and therefore assume others are the same, lol.

Last edited by nickandnora on Thu 23 May 2019, 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 23 May 2019, 2:16 pm

@Nickandnora
It's fake. The real post says "delightful". Someone edited it. I honestly super wish Reylos wouldn't do this, but oh well.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Thu 23 May 2019, 2:21 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:@Nickandnora
It's fake. The real post says "delightful". Someone edited it. I honestly super wish Reylos wouldn't do this, but oh well.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Ah gotcha. Noted. (Very unfair for those who haven't been following every little thing, lol)

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Thu 23 May 2019, 2:27 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig @Nickandnora

I don’t understand. What are you talking about? What detail have you noticed?
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Thu 23 May 2019, 2:31 pm

giaciak2 wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig @Nickandnora

I don’t understand. What are you talking about? What detail have you noticed?
@giaciak2

Nothing. It was something in another post that was actually photoshopped so it doesn't mean anything.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Thu 23 May 2019, 2:39 pm

giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 23 May 2019, 2:52 pm

@nickandnora
Aw that’s a shame about someone changing the word . Didn’t know . Just saw on tumblr and Thought it was true especially after all the comments at the SWC panel this year Lol! Ah well Never mind . The other stuff about the flaps on their clothes Has a point though . Lol! Sorry everyone for misleading.
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 23 May 2019, 3:22 pm

When Vanity fair came out on The last Jedi, that man wasn't very polite with Reylo fans.
This time it's another thing. we are riding the wave Smile

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 4 Tumblr_prwqxjoFK71qaxo78_540
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Thu 23 May 2019, 5:08 pm

DarthRen wrote:
rey09 wrote:
rey09 wrote:
AhsokaTano wrote:Hey all this is very interesting:
https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/brqj1f/hello_im_lev_grossman_here_to_talk_about_my_new/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
Very Happy I get the impression he expects reylo to happen . It’s interesting too that when working on the article he initially thought there would be a lot of Poe and Finn and it sounds like what he got was kylo and Rey .
He also said Kelly Marie Tran wasn’t available for interview and he hoped kylo would live because we’ve never had a darksider live to tell the tale . Not sure if he is still doing the AMA but interesting take on what he thinks could happen.
@AhsokaTano

Aha he thinks Kylo is like Heathcliff!
@rey09

WOW I LOVE THIS GUY

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 4 Screen22

I've been thinking about how much I'd be depressed if they gave us an ending like GOT did. But seeing as how SW is not GOT, I'm hopeful.
@rey09

I'm fairly optimistic that we'll get a better ending.

The main reason is that Jon/Dany could not understand each other as deeply as Kylo/Rey can. Not only there is a physical attraction between these two but also on the spiritual level, they're in sync and it grows stronger when in close proximity. Jon/Dany IMO never understood one another that much other than the physical level when they needed one another at that specific moment and that is one of the reasons it all lead to that tragedy.

Besides this is SW saga and as Grossman said it no Dark Sider ever came back and live to tell the tale. I mean Revan kind of did for a time but then it all got messy.
@DarthRen

I totally agree. I was really excited that when they met they would bond on a deeper level, they have both had times of isolation in different reaches of the world and had struggles on how to be a good leader. I thought they would connect but it was very superficial and Dany ended up overpowering him- he was very weak and didn't ever challenge her which i guess is not surprising given he was always a boring character to me lol. Reylo is very different so I'm positive we won't get jonerys 2.0.

The join me scenes are very similar! It's so tragic because in both the couple wants to be together but it cannot be since they are not seeing eye to eye on fundamental principles. Jonerys ended this way but it's good that Reylo had this in the middle because it means reconciliation is inevitable.

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 4 Screen23

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Thu 23 May 2019, 5:35 pm

vaderito wrote:Remember this?

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 4 ?format=original

Not trying to be a party pooper but after cluster that was GOT Season 8, I;ll believe it when I see it.
also, the whole thing is annoyingly "they are the closest thing to starcrossed lovers...but could be brother and sister." make up your mind. Glad I decided I'm not gonna see this unless spoilers satisfy. never paid for HBO subscription and that was the best decision I made given how they ruined GOT.
vaderito wrote:this isn't about comparing SW to GOT but about that nothing is over until is over and marketing or magazine editorials that favor certain outcome may not reflect the endgame. it's long 7 months til Dec 20.
@vaderito
One of my mutuals on twitter shared similar concerns regarding the photo shoot ahead of its release, though she considered it more of foreshadowing of what was not about to happen, i.e. Daenerys and Jon are in an embrace on the cover of ‘Entertainment Weekly’ but had a tragic ending in ‘Game of Thrones’ = had Reylo been kissing or embracing each other, then they’d share similar fate. I don’t share such views and for me that Jonerys cover simply acknowledged their romance rather than suggested any particular ending (I haven’t read the whole feature and I’m not a fan of ‘Game of Thrones’ either so I have no idea if there were any actual suggestions that turned out to be false). If Lucasfilm decides to continue with reylolicious marketing, we might get a similar pic, though, but it’d be just ahead of TRoS release and there wouldn’t be anything explicit like the kiss - which makes me happy as that’d be so anticlimatic.
I agree that nothing is over until is over and as much as I’d hate certain outcomes, we gotta be prepared as things happenL-puke . Soon before the teaser’s release, I’d actually been thinking if I wanted to fully commit - in the unlikely event of things going badly, it’s better when one isn’t very emotionally invested. But it’s just a movie so I’d get over it - and I decided to fangirl as much as I wish to, even if it means potentially greater disappointment. Being in the Reylo fandom brings me joy during otherwise not the best time in my life, so I’d rather keep fangirling over the next 7 months than not ROFL .
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Thu 23 May 2019, 5:47 pm

Jon and Daenerys were already "together" in the show when that magazine cover came out. They had already happened, they were in a place of union (sexual and otherwise) with a common goal and one season left. That's the difference. Rey and Ben are going into their final chapter in a hopeless place, on completely opposite sides, and having never consummated anything. It's the opposite set-up, whatever other similarities they might have.

I understand preparing for the worst case scenario, I really do. I think I'm just trying to say that the Jon/Dany comparison isn't the greatest one for  a lot of reasons. People who didn't watch the show and are seeing the comparison being made without any context might not be getting the right impression.

ETA: Now that I think about it, J/D are (funnily enough) more like Anakin/Padme than anyone else, lol.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Thu 23 May 2019, 10:25 pm

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 4 Fff48410

Does anyone else think that Rey and Kylo might actually be working together here rather than attacking each other? I’m as big a fan of a fraught, rainy, sexual-tension-filled lightsaber fight as the next girl— I devoutly hope we get one— but she’s not looking at him, and his stance is not toward her. He’s looking at her like, “OK, what next?” and she’s looking at the ship. Maybe they’re trying to take out that vehicle they’re on?

Now watch and it will be part of some massive epic lightsaber fight between the two of them. But it’s a thought. Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Fri 24 May 2019, 1:37 am

Yes, I could read the situation and their body language as if they are fighting someone together.

However, this is a staged photography and it won't be in the film. I don't think trio will hug in the way they did in that other photo which JJ released first (and that was also by AL, as seen in the VF video).

And I do hope Poe won't sit in the MF with Lando with Chewie behind. Evil or Very Mad
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Fri 24 May 2019, 4:08 am

@Lily Snape

To me it doesn't even sound like a duel honestly. Hein    more I look at Rey  more I am convinced. She seems almost petrified that she's looking for a way to unlock herself through the Force. I don't know if it is Kylo the culprit or if it is another subject. But Kylo has been watching Confus

and in any case there may be a connection between this
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 4 Tumblr_inline_prxuguXOt11uxqp1h_540
and this ?

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 4 Tumblr_inline_prxui6SR8z1uxqp1h_540

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 24 May 2019, 5:08 am

@Lily Snape @Teo oswald - yes! this is why in the spoilers thread I suggested what we may be looking at is the two of them fighting together  something that is between the two of them, but we can't see it here. Because to me they don't look to be fighting each other.
It's just my impression though I may be very wrong. lol.

There doesn't seem to be mud in the first image so I'm guessing the second image is different.. lol we may get a lot of wet Kylo/Ben haaa..
sunny
edited to add:
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 4 Fff48410
Is it just me or is there something going on with Rey's left shin?
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Fri 24 May 2019, 7:40 am

@DeeBee

yeah it could be two different scenes, you're right.
Near Rey I can't see anything , just water and dark spots Sad
In the trailer you see death star and the sea, it may be that the duel is there or above the falcon. you have to see if there is such a design.

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 4 Tumblr_prwq1kjHuI1vubvjb_400

Rey is tied to two cables, I can assume that she will be thrown away by force because of Kylo ?
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 24 May 2019, 5:05 pm

@Teo oswald - yeah it may be a dark spot on the side of her left shin. I'll keep an eye out don't mind me tee hee.

I don't know if this is the death star- maybe.
Yeah I'm thinking it's wirework time again. which looks awesome!

Anyone else want to see Rey throw Kylo/Ben against a tree?! tee hee..
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Fri 24 May 2019, 7:49 pm

I didn't think this was actually in the movie, thought it was done just for the spread? Describes the storm that is their relationship lol.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Sat 25 May 2019, 2:49 am

Okay, I have a stupid question.  Is it possible to order hard copies of the magazine from Vanity Fair's website?  I would like to order both the Kylo and Rey covers.  I've looked on their website, but I can't find anywhere to order them.  Maybe I just missed it.  Or do you just have to buy them at a newsstand?
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Sat 25 May 2019, 4:26 am

Kyla Ren wrote:Okay, I have a stupid question.  Is it possible to order hard copies of the magazine from Vanity Fair's website?  I would like to order both the Kylo and Rey covers.  I've looked on their website, but I can't find anywhere to order them.  Maybe I just missed it.  Or do you just have to buy them at a newsstand?
@Kyla Ren

I believe you can only subscribe them online. I’ve ordered both covers here: www.newsstand.co.uk
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next