Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker

+45
EchoBase
Kyla Ren
giaciak2
Mila95
loversinthestorm
spacebaby45678
Night Huntress
vaderito
Saracene
Lovely_Rose
motherofpearl1
Lily Snape
tukicarreno
rey09
DeeBee
Teo oswald
12 Parsnips
DarthRen
snufkin
ZioRen
thescavenger
MaddieDove
Moonlight13
californiagirl
rawpowah
cherrylipstick
unicorn
AhsokaTano
SW_Heroine_Journey
Atenais
SheLitAFire
Birdwoman
nickandnora
reylo1992
Cowgirlsamurai
TheLastJedi
Kessel
Blood Moon
FrolickingFizzgig
Oscarborough-fairo
special_cases
MindAndMagic
SkyStar
SanghaRen
nana7marie
49 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by rawpowah Wed 22 May 2019, 10:41 am

I'm pleasantly surprised ♥I love you
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2019, 10:42 am

Beautiful photos, and that "star crossed" caption is making me happy. I'm glad they're being straightforward about how their dynamic is centerfold and an important part of the film. It should be obvious by now, but some people outside of the Reylo fandom need to be hit over the head with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 22 May 2019, 10:47 am

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 D7LlYC4UYAAcSky

Not the first time we've heard this but I think this is the clearest Adam has ever been on the subject. Yes, there was a very not-vague arc planned for Kylo/Ben from the time Force Awakens was written and Adam had his first conversations with JJ.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 22 May 2019, 10:48 am

VF is here! And it wasn't terrible! Huzzah!

I haven't even read everyone's comments yet, or even really social media. I got on Twitter and the first thing I see is Scavenger's Hoard saying, "In other news, Reylo." And a quote from sleemo about How can Kylo make friends with the issues he has. I realized the VF stuff was out. Away I went!

The covers are Rey and Kylo. In a semi-connected shot. Kylo has not changed his outfit or washed his hair since TLJ. He's still not wearing the helmet. They really did make it just for the merch sales, didn’t they?

Yeah, they're vague on the details, we know nothing about the new characters, and it appears Kelly wasn't there to shoot scenes, do photos, or be interviewed. I suspect she's in charge of Resistance things back on their base or in space with Dominic and Billie.

The author ships Finnrose and points out Reylo is the closest thing to a star-crossed lovers story the ST has. Lol, it's a great day.

But this was all more substantial than those TLJ ones. They talked about, like, themes! And what the story is really about. Like, taking on the mistakes of previous generations, baggage that isn't even yours, finding a permanent solution for both the political and force problems that plague the galaxy.

A year time jump confirmed, which I really like. No one mentions Palpatine, which I kind of love. Almost no Luke talk, which is great. KOR reveal, we heard they were on this planet Pasaana, didn't we hear a rumor that was the planet's name earlier?

Rey and Kylo's force connection is deeper than they thought? Wow. Who knew. It's like they're doubling down on TLJ, and all of the previous 8 movies, instead of retconning anything. Wonder if that shot of them is a training sequence, why give away a duel 7 months before the film's release?

I'm glad that JJ literally said "eff it" and felt freer to make weird creative choices. The "being safe" ship has sailed, there's no going back after TLJ.

Also, thank you, oh author, for pointing out Kylo is wrong when he says you have to either worship the past or emulate it. I don't know if LF encouraged this, or if the writer just gets it. Regardless, thank you, why don't people get that wasn't the message of TLJ?

We were so ready for a dumpster fire, but that totally didn't happen. Yay!
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Wed 22 May 2019, 10:53 am

Sorry, can't make a pic myself right now, but if you compare a guy from teaser and one knight from photo they have the same handle on weapon.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Wed 22 May 2019, 10:57 am

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Giphy
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Wed 22 May 2019, 11:00 am

It's all nice and well, but seeing Poe in the seat of MF I felt a little bit outraged! It's not his place to sit there, and looking so comfortable. It felt so, so wrong! lol

They discovered a lots of info, so much more than I expected (Richard E. Grant's role, names of the planets, conflict with KOR).
On the other hand, teasing of Reylo feels little bit blah to me.
Daisy looks strange in the cover (her expression), and Kylo looks tired. Honestly, I don't like it too much.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Wed 22 May 2019, 11:13 am

I forgot about the VF release when I saw the KOR pic first on Instagram and got super excited

The covers are truly beautiful, not to mention the rain fight scene which reminds me of the Art of TROS cover. I keep having to remind myself that these Reylo images are no longer fan made.

It now seems that I have to buy two copies of the same magazine now..
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Wed 22 May 2019, 11:13 am

Edit: double post
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 22 May 2019, 12:01 pm

I feel so fed! I checked in on Star Wars news and got so overwhelmed I had to process it for a couple of minutes before diving in.

It seems like this author 'gets it' in many ways, which already makes the main article 1000x better than the TLJ one. And I quite like the covers! As for the hidden meanings behind them that were teased, I think it's that Rey and Kylo are actually facing each other. Which, based on their expressions, is no surprise. I assumed they were meant to be in each other's presence before the tease.

I have to say that I find this quote of Daisy's about her relationship with Finn and Poe (who are written about as if they're somewhat of a closed unit together) pretty telling:
Ridley says Rey is also part of that relationship, but kept apart a bit due to her Force sensitivity.

What else could this possibly be hinting at other than that, as we all know, Rey and Kylo are the only ones who can truly understand each other? They're not there yet, but they can be (and will be). They're 'soulmates' in that way.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 22 May 2019, 12:12 pm

LMAO after what happened 2 years ago, Vanity Fair got its s*** together and brought back the writer who can do justice to the Saga. If you're not familiar with Lev Grossman, he's a book critic whose specialty is science fiction/fantasy and he wrote The Magicians. I haven't been 100% crazy about his novels but thank f**king god they had him do it because that last issue for TLJ was amateur hour, right down to Romance Gate. Speaking of which, captions like "Star Crossed" and "Will They Or Won't They" (which VF's in-house fandom expert proclaimed Rey wouldn't and then Rian said "the closest thing to a sex scene in Star Wars" right to her face) and talking about both of their childhoods/families. No more f**king coyness, this is like the Rolling Stone cover stories I go on about. You don't need to hide everything that happens to sell the movie, tell people about the characters and the basics of the plot and if it's good, they'll be there.  These photos also do justice to the cinematography.

Last edited by snufkin on Wed 22 May 2019, 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 22 May 2019, 12:22 pm

It's basically all we could hope for and some more. Kylo, Rey, Star-Cross, new characters, Redemption is on the menu and they all look awesome. Especially Kylo.

As a bonus, I am very happy to see Knights of Ren and Kylo killing one of them is very intriguing.

EDIT: So that bit about Kylo killing one of Knights of Ren was an error by Vanity Fair.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Wed 22 May 2019, 12:41 pm

I love this Laughing  Laughing  Laughing :
Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver discuss the intergalactic will they/won’t they.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 22 May 2019, 1:22 pm

Another video - this one is a long one :
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/brrov9/everything_we_know_about_star_wars_episode_9/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

And vanity fair now redacting Kylo mowing down knights of Ren - which to me speaks volumes -I think it’s true but they weren’t supposed to release that info . If you watch the video above there’s a lot they do know they aren’t allowed to share .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 22 May 2019, 1:58 pm

I don’t care if they redact the KoR mowing part, I have if safely stored in my computer already Very Happy

Even if it’s not true and was a misreading of the scene, that’s fine. There are so many goodies, it feels like Christmas. Heck, I am excited about the orbaks. Finn is turning into a pro rider.

Side note: I like JJ’s wild hair in the pics. And I will use a comment made by my mom once regarding AD “he can wear shorts.” Side note close.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Wed 22 May 2019, 2:31 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:Another video - this one is a long one :
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/brrov9/everything_we_know_about_star_wars_episode_9/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

And vanity fair now redacting Kylo mowing down knights of Ren - which to me speaks volumes -I think it’s true but they weren’t supposed to release that info . If you watch the video above there’s a lot they do know they aren’t allowed to share .
@AhsokaTano

Ugh, why does he have to trot out the tiredest and dumbest fan theories in that video? "Who could the Skywalker in the title be? How about Rey?" "It's possible they're brother and sister!" Rolling Eyes (Although he did mention it was touch and go as to whether they'd make out like Luke and Leia. So I guess points for that since he, you know, noticed that. Razz )
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 22 May 2019, 3:11 pm

@SanghaRen My first thought was also that it's Christmas in May. One present after another!

I also saw that video with Grossman going "Is Rey a Skywalker? Kylo's not a reliable source. Good thing they didn't make out, because maybe their connection is from them being siblings. Chewie should kill Kylo in revenge for Han's death!" Please stop sir.

VF site stopped letting me read more articles! Can't see the Billie Lourd one, or the summary one.

Forgot to mention, I'm glad they are getting into the origins of the FO, maybe we get better context instead of beating around the bush or saving it for the EU. Maybe we get a few sentences about Snoke so everyone can just shut up once and for all. Smile

And only after my earlier post did I realize there was more than one article. I really am so glad they are once again being open about the planning and collaboration between JJ, Kasdan, Rian, and George.

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Scree505
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Scree504
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Scree506
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Wed 22 May 2019, 3:32 pm

Finally, finally we can read a confirmed positive relationship between JJ and what Rian did! It's so satisfying to read how Rian is officially, from a colleague and one from the narrowest circle of ST creatives, recognized for pushing the envelope and contributing to ST in a way that will go beyond TLJ itself. I can't describe how thirsty I was for that kind of honest valorization from anyone from LucasFilm during the last year, after the initial promotional run ended. For every shade thrown by MH, there should have been at least two or three positive mentions, and they were rare in last year.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 22 May 2019, 5:23 pm

Hey all this is very interesting:
https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/brqj1f/hello_im_lev_grossman_here_to_talk_about_my_new/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
Very Happy I get the impression he expects reylo to happen . It’s interesting too that when working on the article he initially thought there would be a lot of Poe and Finn and it sounds like what he got was kylo and Rey .
He also said Kelly Marie Tran wasn’t available for interview and he hoped kylo would live because we’ve never had a darksider live to tell the tale . Not sure if he is still doing the AMA but interesting take on what he thinks could happen.
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Wed 22 May 2019, 5:46 pm

woooooooooow

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Tumblr_prwo46aJzP1vubvjb_400

Knight of Ren!!! cheers cheers cheers

oh oh oh Hux

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Tumblr_prwo47ivxP1vubvjb_400
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 22 May 2019, 6:09 pm

I’ve read the Richard e grant article, the kor article and the general one so far- there’s a ‘correction’ at the bottom of the everything article that says somewhere VF ‘mischaracterised’ a scene including the KOR and kylo - I guess that was what you guys have mentioned - kylo fighting kor in trailer is not accurate?
I’ve copied the articles - guess we r not allowed to share them here?

The orbacks look very cool so does Jannah and Zorii- fun times!!
Dang I gotta go to work..
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Wed 22 May 2019, 6:17 pm

Star Wars: The Truth About Kylo Ren and Rey’s Connection
📝: VANITY FAIR, May 22, 2019

When speaking about their characters with Grossman, both Ridley and Driver wound up describing similarly lonely and isolated childhoods for these Force-sensitive figures. Rey was literally abandoned by her parents—whoever they may be—and so has trouble comprehending how Kylo could shun his. But Ridley herself is much more understanding of the stress that might come from being raised by Han Solo and Leia Organa: “Having the two coolest parents and sometimes I’m sure it works amazingly, and sometimes it just might not.”

For Driver, this concept is the key to understanding Kylo Ren. “If you were the product of those two people, two very strong personalities who seemed to be almost more committed to a cause than anything else, what’s that like?” he says. Ben Solo is born to privilege, yes, but also tremendous pressure. Driver likens the Skywalker–Solos to a royal family, and notes the isolating power of being born with those spectacular gifts: “How do you form friendships out of that? How do you understand the weight of that? … It can easily go awry.” Burdened by her own talents, Rey also feels that solitude. “It’s a bit lonely having that much on one’s shoulders,” Ridley says.

full article is here : https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/05/the-truth-about-kylo-ren-and-reys-connection

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Tumblr_prwompCXh91sytiw6_400
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Tumblr_prwomqer5c1sytiw6_400

ADAM TALKING ABOUT THE FORCE BOND AND THEIR RELATIONSHIP:
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Tumblr_prwomqwBCn1sytiw6_400

STAR-CROSSED LOVE STORY”:
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Tumblr_prwomrpK651sytiw6_400
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 22 May 2019, 7:49 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@Oscarborough-fairo

That’s Daisy expressing Rey’s understanding and feelings, not her own, and Rey doesn’t know Kylo’s full history does she?

Vanity Fair wrote:When speaking about their characters with Grossman, both Ridley and Driver wound up describing similarly lonely and isolated childhoods for these Force-sensitive figures. Rey was literally abandoned by her parents—whoever they may be—and so has trouble comprehending how Kylo could shun his. But Ridley herself is much more understanding of the stress that might come from being raised by Han Solo and Leia Organa: “Having the two coolest parents and sometimes I’m sure it works amazingly, and sometimes it just might not.”

@Cowgirlsamurai

She says this in the reylo article: But Ridley herself is much more understanding of the stress that might come from being raised by Han Solo and Leia Organa: “Having the two coolest parents and sometimes I’m sure it works amazingly, and sometimes it just might not.”

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 22 May 2019, 7:58 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:Hey all this is very interesting:
https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/brqj1f/hello_im_lev_grossman_here_to_talk_about_my_new/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
Very Happy I get the impression he expects reylo to happen . It’s interesting too that when working on the article he initially thought there would be a lot of Poe and Finn and it sounds like what he got was kylo and Rey .
He also said Kelly Marie Tran wasn’t available for interview and he hoped kylo would live because we’ve never had a darksider live to tell the tale . Not sure if he is still doing the AMA but interesting take on what he thinks could happen.
@AhsokaTano

Aha he thinks Kylo is like Heathcliff!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 22 May 2019, 8:00 pm

rey09 wrote:
AhsokaTano wrote:Hey all this is very interesting:
@AhsokaTano

Aha he thinks Kylo is like Heathcliff!
@rey09

WOW I LOVE THIS GUY

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Screen22

I've been thinking about how much I'd be depressed if they gave us an ending like GOT did. But seeing as how SW is not GOT, I'm hopeful.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next