Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+66
krissy01
bruna8728
OrionStars
Gemini
reynpain
KiraRen2015
PalmettoBlue
Irina de France
whisperingwillow
cherrylipstick
Darth Dementor
LadyGaufrette
Casper
Lovely_Rose
Krafty
Forsythia
fuhry
SkyStar
special_cases
nickandnora
twilekempire
Saracene
KnightsofReylo_2015
MaddieDove
giaciak2
Kylo Rey
californiagirl
Teo oswald
SW_Heroine_Journey
Dar-ren19
Birdwoman
12 Parsnips
snufkin
Starliteprism
thescavenger
Cowgirlsamurai
vaderito
Kyla Ren
SoloSideCousin
Night Huntress
Acritiqua
ZioRen
spacebaby45678
Riri
Geralt_Riv
unicorn
SanghaRen
Mielikki
nemapasara
MrsWindu
loversinthestorm
Lily Snape
nana7marie
tukicarreno
rey09
DarthRen
Moonlight13
Atenais
EchoBase
FrolickingFizzgig
Oscarborough-fairo
motherofpearl1
DeeBee
rawpowah
AhsokaTano
Reylo Lemon
70 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 21 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Riri Sun 01 Sep 2019, 3:01 am

Here’s the video of the John Williams montage featuring HanLeia, Anidala and Reylo clips Part 1
https://twitter.com/riri19911/status/1168069132027334656?s=21

Part 2 - https://twitter.com/riri19911/status/1168069318812348416?s=21

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 01 Sep 2019, 3:49 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 21 B3afd131e791217d87ba5e683da90839e611dd1d

there would be other things to add , I leave the imagination to you Cool
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 01 Sep 2019, 5:33 pm

The way to get me to sign up for D+ would be if Ron Howard agreed to produce this premise in the vein of Arrested Development

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 21 Screen47
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 01 Sep 2019, 6:41 pm

WOW guys...spotted in japan GAP.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 21 Screen24

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sun 01 Sep 2019, 7:25 pm

Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 01 Sep 2019, 8:28 pm

wow ^^^ that actually 100% confirms reylo, there's literally no other explanation. we win!!!!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sun 01 Sep 2019, 11:44 pm

What is "magic through a lens“? Is it a SW affiliated account?
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Mon 02 Sep 2019, 4:02 am

@rey09 - whoa. they are literally using the yin and yang? is this official merchandise?
@Moonlight13 - great find! thanks for sharing!!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Mon 02 Sep 2019, 6:32 am

DeeBee wrote:@rey09 - whoa. they are literally using the yin and yang? is this official merchandise?
@Moonlight13 - great find! thanks for sharing!!
sunny
@DeeBee

The shirt has the official SW logo on it so it must! I love how for kylo the falcon is the light and for rey the dark is the death star. That's incredible symbolism.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 02 Sep 2019, 7:23 am

rey09 wrote:WOW guys...spotted in japan GAP.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 21 Screen24
@rey09

It’s also on the U.S. site.

Link
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by KiraRen2015 Mon 02 Sep 2019, 8:33 am

@Cowgirlsamurai It's also on the UK website too! It's a kids shirt but the XXL size has already sold out! 😂😂 no doubt adults are buying too. I'm gonna see if I can get one.

https://www.gap.co.uk/gap/gapkids-star-wars-t-shirt/000497350.html?dwvar_000497350_color=000497350002&dwvar_000497350_fit=regular&cgid=gap#q=Star%2Bwars&lang=en_GB&start=33
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Mon 02 Sep 2019, 12:25 pm

rawpowah wrote:What is "magic through a lens“? Is it a SW affiliated account?
@rawpowah
I'm not sure, to be honest, but I don't think so.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 03 Sep 2019, 12:34 am

Did anyone else follow Mar's livetweet of all of SW, including the spinoffs and TROS teasers? It's been like a spectator sport, or a party. It was kind of exhausting vicariously reliving the entire franchise via social media in one long weekend, especially since she was highly emotional, mostly on caps lock, there was drama with her internet freezing, DVD player not working, thunderstorms, haters being crummy to her (especially after the official SW account gave her a shoutout) etc. But it was also the most relatively unifying thing that's happened to SW fandom I can remember. The sheer joy she gave people like nothing else in discourse could. And she understood the stories and characters better than most of the media or highly online fans do. There's too many golden posts to put here. She literally converted people into Reylos without even trying to.

Most of the characters got cutsie nicknames. Rey is Sunflower! Rose is Cinnamon Roll, Finn is Lovebug, Poe is Hot Man Running, Anakin is Baby Boy. Yoda is String Bean!  Razz Luke is like her firstborn child. She's going to be on a bunch of podcasts, there's a hashtag to try to get her to the TROS premiere. People were commentating on her commentary. She gained like 5000 followers in 3 days. Rian was watching along. Mark saw too. Matt Martin said a bunch of people at LF were following. Also this, about the hand touching scene:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 21 Scree580

Really, this whole thing was oddly magical and unlike anything I've seen happen in any fandom.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Tue 03 Sep 2019, 1:00 am

It was great! I have been following along off and on most of the weekend.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Tue 03 Sep 2019, 1:17 am

californiagirl wrote:Did anyone else follow Mar's livetweet of all of SW, including the spinoffs and TROS teasers? It's been like a spectator sport, or a party. It was kind of exhausting vicariously reliving the entire franchise via social media in one long weekend, especially since she was highly emotional, mostly on caps lock, there was drama with her internet freezing, DVD player not working, thunderstorms, haters being crummy to her (especially after the official SW account gave her a shoutout) etc. But it was also the most relatively unifying thing that's happened to SW fandom I can remember. The sheer joy she gave people like nothing else in discourse could. And she understood the stories and characters better than most of the media or highly online fans do. There's too many golden posts to put here. She literally converted people into Reylos without even trying to.

Most of the characters got cutsie nicknames. Rey is Sunflower! Rose is Cinnamon Roll, Finn is Lovebug, Poe is Hot Man Running, Anakin is Baby Boy. Yoda is String Bean!  Razz Luke is like her firstborn child. She's going to be on a bunch of podcasts, there's a hashtag to try to get her to the TROS premiere. People were commentating on her commentary. She gained like 5000 followers in 3 days. Rian was watching along. Mark saw too. Matt Martin said a bunch of people at LF were following. Also this, about the hand touching scene:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 21 Scree580

Really, this whole thing was oddly magical and unlike anything I've seen happen in any fandom.
@californiagirl

cheers bounce It was magical, glorious, and Reylo fantastic!! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscarborough-fairo Tue 03 Sep 2019, 3:00 am

I'm happy for her...but it's overreacted a bit.
Many of us had exactly the same opinion from the very beginning. None of us got any attention from the LF members, nor the SW cast.
I wrote several thoughtful metas, made fanarts...the only thing I got was a death threat from an abnormal cyber bully ( anti ) instead of the LF protection.

The whole thing is super weird to me, sorry.

Oscarborough-fairo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Tue 03 Sep 2019, 6:02 am

Oscarborough-fairo wrote:I'm happy for her...but it's overreacted a bit.
Many of us had exactly the same opinion from the very beginning. None of us got any attention from the LF members, nor the SW cast.
I wrote several thoughtful metas, made fanarts...the only thing I got was a death threat from an abnormal cyber bully ( anti ) instead of the LF protection.

The whole thing  is super weird to me, sorry.
@Oscarborough-fairo

I agree with you. It's great she's enjoying the films and gets Reylo but I don't understand all the fuss. How is enjoying the films and tweeting about it a big deal and special? Lots of people do the same, they just don't get so much attention. Everyone inviting her to podcasts and demanding she should be invited to the SW show and the TROS premiere seems just crazy. Why not invite someone who makes great fanart or wrote good meta?

People claim she is "saving" and "uniting" the Star Wars fandom but how exactly is that true? Fandom isn't different than it was before. People still either love or hate the new films/Reylo, which is proven by the harassment she is getting from TLJ haters and antis. They act as if it's such a big deal she understands the films immediately. It's great that she does, but many fans understood Reylo the first time they saw the films, but they were ignored by LF. It doesn't really matter how long someone's been in the fandom, some people just get the films better than others.

LF supporting her bothers me because it feels dishonest and self-serving. They act like she's a solution to the haters, but what about all the other people who have loved and defended TLJ and got no support from LF when they were bullied? It seems to me LF is only paying attention to her because it's good and free promotion for TROS and because she's completely uncritical of the films (as IMO they can't deal with any kind of criticism) and it fits the narrative that only OT fanboys hate TLJ, whereas new fans love it and are better fans.

I hope this doesn't come across as mean, because I'm happy when new people discover Star Wars and Reylo. I really just don't understand why everyone is going crazy about her for liking and understanding a few movies.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscarborough-fairo Tue 03 Sep 2019, 6:57 am

@Forsythia

Exactly! Thank you for writing such a thoughtful answer! You're absolutely right, and should not feel bad for expressing your opinion. I love you👏 Unfortunately very few people are able to see through the fake, pink clouds. confused

The whole thing feels like some kind of twisted propaganda.

Where was JJ and all these people from the LF/Disney when Rian/Kelly/ the Reylo supporters / TLJ fans were verbally abused for months by the toxic cyber bullies?
None of us got celebrated by Pablo/the Lucasfilm group members when we, the reylos were the first to discover the Force Bond from the TFA novelization/script/movie. And so on.

....strange..

Oscarborough-fairo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Tue 03 Sep 2019, 8:08 am

Moonlight13 wrote:Joonas Suotamo commented with a heart on a Reylo post Smile
Spoiler:
https://reys-kylos.tumblr.com/post/187427651760/how-did-i-miss-joonas-confirming-reylo-that-hes-a
@Moonlight13

Wow! That's a great catch! Ahh! Love Joonas. Reylo is happening guys! I cannot wait!
Plus with Matt's tweet I am very very optimistic right now! bounce I love you
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by reynpain Tue 03 Sep 2019, 9:32 am

Oscarborough-fairo wrote:@Forsythia

Exactly! Thank you for writing such a thoughtful answer! You're absolutely right, and should not feel bad for expressing your opinion. I love you👏 Unfortunately very few people are able to see through the fake, pink clouds. confused

The whole thing feels like some kind of twisted propaganda.

Where was JJ and all these people from the LF/Disney when Rian/Kelly/ the Reylo supporters / TLJ fans were verbally abused for months by the toxic cyber bullies?
None of us got celebrated by Pablo/the Lucasfilm group members when we, the reylos were the first to discover the Force Bond from the TFA novelization/script/movie. And so on.

....strange..
@Oscarborough-fairo

While obviously it's in Lucasfilm's best interests to support someone who is really that purely positive about the movies, it seems a little off the mark to claim there's something insidious going on. I vaguely knew about her before the whole Star Wars thing because she was a BNF in some other fandoms (like 22k followers already).

I think people were just suprised by her vacuum of knowledge re: Star Wars at first, and of course since she was so positive about reylo every twitter reylo banded around her and promoted her like crazy... combined with her HUGE follower base I'm not suprised it started gathering attention.

And if the cast/crew have hundreds of people tweeting them positively about one specific user over a extremely short period of time, of course they're going to check it out. Snowball kind of thing I guess.

I get wanting reylo art/meta to get more official recognition for sure, but I think a lack of recognition is less a deliberate snubbing and moreso just a lack of awareness of specifics - they get mentioned in so much reylo + non-reylo stuff every day- plus how many LF employees have the time to read thoae metas (I loved them but 50+ pages for some is just a teensy bit of a commitment)? And it's not like LF employees/the actors/Rian have never liked or commented on reylo fanart and tweets before.

My 2 cents, at least.
reynpain
reynpain
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 03 Sep 2019, 12:07 pm

I guess the question is why does anything go viral? It just kind of... happens.

I agree that it was helped by the fact she already had a following from a wide variety of things (Marvel, DC, HP, various pop music acts). And that she knew literally nothing about SW, which is very rare, the closest thing to experiencing it for the first time again. And jammed the whole series in a holiday weekend (except Solo, which she does today). It was several different layers of "what?" Her favorites are ROTS and TLJ. Interesting, I've noticed a lot of big ROTS fans here as well.

I know there were things like Death and the Maiden that went sort of viral, but that was way before LF was talking about Rey and Kylo's dynamic at all. She's probably benefiting from the official openness about Reylo, and the ship's increased popularity, combined with being a new fan with this almost explosive entry into fandom. Sure, it's all a little odd, but I'll welcome her, the more the merrier.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mielikki Tue 03 Sep 2019, 12:26 pm

I might sound cynical but from the very start I’ve been viewing the whole mar thing as pure, brilliant, social media marketing.
It’s all just too good to be true, timing-wise too.
Have any of you seen her live feeds? Are they true to time? As in; are they chronologically in compliance with the rate the movies progress?
If so; definitely brilliant marketing.
She’s been hitting all the focal points of all the movies without missing anything.
Could any of you have live tweeted these observations while immersed in something you were seeing for the first time?

Don’t get me wrong. Her tweets have been brightening my day since she’s started but I’m also 90% convinced that it was quite pre planned.
Mielikki
Mielikki
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Tue 03 Sep 2019, 12:37 pm

Honestly she seems genuine to me. However I do think the hype around her is getting annoying. I caught that she was asking to go to the TROS premiere when Rian was watching her thread— that’s very opportunistic. On one hand it’s nice that she’s getting big wigs to endorse her Reylo stance, but I don’t think she’s done anything too special to get so much validation and official opportunities from Star Wars reps. It’s a bit unfair to other fans who have also actively engaged with the fandom and got nothing like this out of it.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mielikki Tue 03 Sep 2019, 1:04 pm

@Lovely_Rose I think it’s more SW(TROS) marketing than Reylo when it comes to Mar. It’s about hyping up the already existing fandom, making Reywalker supporters ease into the idea of Reylo and bringing in new viewers from MCU etc.

I dunno, the whole progression is too good to be true.
Is she trending because of us commonfolk discovering her or has the hype skyrocketed due to SW affiliates retweeting and mentioning her?
Creating a tiny snowball and turning it into an avalanche by gathering support from the already existing fandom and pushing it forward by making my own well followed associates interact with it is exactly what I would have done if I were working for Disney’s social media department.
Mielikki
Mielikki
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Sep 2019, 1:09 pm

@Oscarborough-fairo @Forsythia I agree as well.

On one hand, I am happy there's a new Reylo shipper on board and it is great to see a fan experience the SW films for the first time. However, I don't understand why so many Reylo shippers on twitter/tumblr are treating this as if it's something amazing. Is it because she's a BNF with many followers? There are plenty of average Reylo shippers who became invested in the SW films because of Reylo, myself included. I watched TPM way back in the day as a little girl, but the ST and Reylo brought me into the overall fandom and pushed me to watch all the OT and PT films (even though I pretty much knew all the major plot points and main characters by then, since SW is extremely well known here).

I don't want to be mean or rude, I just don't get why a fan is worthy of more praise and attention because they have a lot of twitter followers. But I guess that's life. Even so, it is nice to see Reylo fans on twitter having fun, so I'll keep my cynical comments here. Embarassed

Although, I don't think this was pre-planned on Mar's part. I think LF saw her live tweeting and jumped at the chance to connect with a fan who is promoting the films to her many followers, in a way. But who knows. Business is business.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next