Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+53
KiraRen2015
spacebaby45678
Atenais
Cowgirlsamurai
Chris24601
Nyx
Kyla Ren
krissy01
Blood Moon
Gemini
MrsWindu
Geralt_Riv
AcrosstheStars
Krafty
vinventure12
nickandnora
rey09
Kessel
Moonjump05
rawpowah
bashfulblueeyes3
giaciak2
Night Huntress
unicorn
Dar-ren19
special_cases
Moonlight13
SW_Heroine_Journey
Teo oswald
tukicarreno
Birdwoman
whisperingwillow
ZioRen
SkyStar
MaddieDove
fuhry
Armadeus
Mana
Lily Snape
Saracene
12 Parsnips
OrionStars
Kylo Rey
Mila95
Lovely_Rose
Riri
DeeBee
AhsokaTano
motherofpearl1
snufkin
californiagirl
nana7marie
SanghaRen
57 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 10 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by nickandnora Tue 24 Sep 2019, 1:21 pm

californiagirl wrote:Even most of the cast doesn't know the end of the film. And we're supposed to believe these guys more than the people who performed on set almost every day?
@californiagirl
I'm at a loss as to why Kelly Marie Tran's "I thought that was just a cover story" slip (regarding the ending) hasn't reverberated more in light of these spoilers.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 10 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Lovely_Rose Tue 24 Sep 2019, 1:22 pm

JP certainly set a specific tone to his leaks, and there’s certain things he’s dead set on. Because of that, theres only so much he can retract without looking like a total liar. I hope people aren’t t gullible enough to continue to trust his word if there’s significant differences between his info and the upcoming trailer.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 24 Sep 2019, 3:09 pm

Regarding Daisy...I vividly remember her praising Reylo art before TLJ. Then post #metoo she became a bit wary about what she praised.
Sadly far too many people see Reylo as 'abusive'. What I don't like is antis using #metoo to vindicate their views.

Rey is not an abuse vidtim. Ben Solo is.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Tue 24 Sep 2019, 4:17 pm

Lovely_Rose wrote:JP certainly set a specific tone to his leaks, and there’s certain things he’s dead set on. Because of that, theres only so much he can retract without looking like a total liar. I hope people aren’t t gullible enough to continue to trust his word if there’s significant differences between his info and the upcoming trailer.
@Lovely_Rose

He can always get out of it by claiming that his sources misled him in a big way and nothing is his fault. Easy.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Tue 24 Sep 2019, 4:27 pm

Saracene wrote:
Lovely_Rose wrote:JP certainly set a specific tone to his leaks, and there’s certain things he’s dead set on. Because of that, theres only so much he can retract without looking like a total liar. I hope people aren’t t gullible enough to continue to trust his word if there’s significant differences between his info and the upcoming trailer.
@Lovely_Rose

He can always get out of it by claiming that his sources misled him in a big way and nothing is his fault. Easy.
@Saracene

Aaaand correct me if I’m mistaken, but he’s hidden behind an internet username, so it’s not like anyone knows who he is. The consequences are very minimal if he’s wrong.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Tue 24 Sep 2019, 4:46 pm

@Lily Snape he’s Mike Zerohhhhhhhhhh
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Tue 24 Sep 2019, 5:37 pm

@Kylo Rey

I'm not trying to be extremely pessimistic but let's face it, even Emilia Clarke said GOT 8 was "the best season ever" when it premiered. Emilia was a down to earth person, her facial expression couldn't lie but she still had to say it in a professional way to the reporters if she still wanted to work in Hollywood, she couldn't tell the fans, especially  Dany's fans that they should run and never ever touch GOT 8. No one hates her when she had to get along with the PR game for GOT 8, it was her job.

Besides according to the leak (and assuming that it's true), Kylo sacrifices himself for Rey to finish Palp (aka. Bendemption), then Rey adopts the Skywalker last name to honor the Skywalker family. Everything sounds epic for Rey and the Reylos get Bendemption. If Daisy found out anything got wrong for Rey in ep 9, she would definitely tell people in the public that she cried like what she did when she knew what Trevorrow intended to do to her character in EP 9.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 24 Sep 2019, 6:13 pm

OrionStars wrote:@Kylo Rey

I'm not trying to be extremely pessimistic but let's face it, even Emilia Clarke said GOT 8 was "the best season ever" when it premiered. Emilia was a down to earth person, her facial expression couldn't lie but she still had to say it in a professional way to the reporters if she still wanted to work in Hollywood, she couldn't tell the fans, especially  Dany's fans that they should run and never ever touch GOT 8. No one hates her when she had to get along with the PR game for GOT 8, it was her job.

Besides according to the leak (and assuming that it's true), Kylo sacrifices himself for Rey to finish Palp (aka. Bendemption), then Rey adopts the Skywalker last name to honor the Skywalker family. Everything sounds epic for Rey and the Reylos get Bendemption. If Daisy found out anything got wrong for Rey in ep 9, she would definitely tell people in the public that she cried like what she did when she knew what Trevorrow intended to do to her character in EP 9.
@OrionStars

Disagree. The discomfort of the GoT cast for months leading up to S8 was palpable. Plenty of the cast members kept warning that things wouldn’t be sunshine and rainbows. You say that about Emilia Clarke and yet she said (long before the season premiered) that Daenerys does some “weird s***” and “It f**** me up. Knowing that is going to be a lasting flavor in someone’s mouth of what Daenerys is...”
That is not remotely subtle. I immediately knew something was up when she said those. They sent massive red flags.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Tue 24 Sep 2019, 6:30 pm

@OrionStars

I've seen that clip on repeat she said it very much like she had a gun pointed to her head and Nathalie emmanuel and the guy who plays greyworm were both laughing their butts off (as if there was some kind of inside joke). It seemed like a lot of nervous laughter to me loll.

Daisy was asked if TROS was going to be controversial like GOT and she point blank said she didn't think so.

Honestly not keeping up with all these leaks, it's overwhelming! And once i saw Joonas commenting a heart on a totally random reylo happily ever ending post, that was it. Reylo is endgame!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 24 Sep 2019, 7:06 pm

rey09 wrote:

@OrionStars

I've seen that clip on repeat she said it very much like she had a gun pointed to her head and Nathalie emmanuel and the guy who plays greyworm were both laughing their butts off (as if there was some kind of inside joke). It seemed like a lot of nervous laughter to me loll.

Daisy was asked if TROS was going to be controversial like GOT and she point blank said she didn't think so.

Honestly not keeping up with all these leaks, it's overwhelming! And once i saw Joonas commenting a heart on a totally random reylo happily ever ending post, that was it. Reylo is endgame!
@rey09

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 10 F71fa810
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 10 902b9610

He wasn’t tagged and doesn’t follow the account either. Maybe he just thought the picture was cute and didn’t read the caption.

Also I mentioned this before and I’m gonna mention it again. Around the time of Celebration, in a conversation I had with a Reylo in DMs, she said she ran into a person involved with episode IX marketing. They were talking about TROS, and he said “funny enough this piece I did is a spoiler for the overall trilogy” and then sort of trailed off for a second like he almost regretted saying it apparently. Then he turned to the other person and said “did you also catch the spoiler from this art?”

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 10 0a41b210

Now they probably don’t know the specific ending (or maybe they do lol, Charles Soule knows Kylo’s fate), but LFL would have given them notes and instructions on what they wanted out of that celebration mural.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Tue 24 Sep 2019, 7:19 pm

DeeBee wrote:@Lily Snape he’s Mike Zerohhhhhhhhhh
@DeeBee

Well, that explains it! He knows everything! And it’s not like he’s been mocked by Rian Johnson in the one and only non-sweet thing I’ve ever seen RJ do online. Wink
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Tue 24 Sep 2019, 7:24 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:
Also I mentioned this before and I’m gonna mention it again. Around the time of Celebration, in a conversation I had with a Reylo in DMs, she said she ran into a person involved with episode IX marketing. They were talking about TROS, and he said “funny enough this piece I did is a spoiler for the overall trilogy” and then sort of trailed off for a second like he almost regretted saying it apparently. Then he turned to the other person and said “did you also catch the spoiler from this art?”

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 10 0a41b210

Now they probably don’t know the specific ending (or maybe they do lol, Charles Soule knows Kylo’s fate), but LFL would have given them notes and instructions on what they wanted out of that celebration mural.
@Kylo Rey

I see two spoilers: Rey and Ben will get together like Anakin and Padme *cough*reverseAnidala*cough*, and Yoda is a robot. cheers
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vinventure12 Tue 24 Sep 2019, 7:55 pm

Gotta say, I've loved following this particular thread. I don't really post, but I love all of your insights and opinions. Since this is a spoiler/speculations thread, I'll just add something here. It's not about Reylo, but I met Joonas when he came out to Salt Lake City for Comic Con last year and got to talk with him for a bit as I got his autograph. I asked him if he loved Chewie's overall arch in episode 9 (this was my exact question, I had practiced it while waiting in line for him. lol). He gushed and lit up and said he loved what Chewie gets to do in the movie and where the character ends up. Also, he got to use more technical acting with the scenes he filmed (not exactly sure what that means), and that there is of course a lot of physicality to playing Chewie. I went to his panel and he did his best Wookie impersonation (which was damn good!). So I asked him if they would ever let him do it and film it while he was in the suit. He gave me a mischievous smile and told me I'll have to wait to see the movie to find that out.

I also asked him if he would do a sequel to Solo if it was ever green-lit. Without hesitation, he said he would. Told me to campaign on social media! lol

I know none of this is major spoilers or anything, but Joonas seemed super excited about the movie and was way positive about Chewie in the movie. He didn't look like he was lying, like his facial expressions weren't telling a different story than what he was saying.

Also, I am 5'1'', and that man is sooooooooooooooooooooooo tall. But super adorable and charming! I can always post my pics with him if anyone is interested!
vinventure12
vinventure12
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Tue 24 Sep 2019, 8:05 pm

vinventure12 wrote:Gotta say, I've loved following this particular thread. I don't really post, but I love all of your insights and opinions. Since this is a spoiler/speculations thread, I'll just add something here. It's not about Reylo, but I met Joonas when he came out to Salt Lake City for Comic Con last year and got to talk with him for a bit as I got his autograph. I asked him if he loved Chewie's overall arch in episode 9 (this was my exact question, I had practiced it while waiting in line for him. lol). He gushed and lit up and said he loved what Chewie gets to do in the movie and where the character ends up. Also, he got to use more technical acting with the scenes he filmed (not exactly sure what that means), and that there is of course a lot of physicality to playing Chewie. I went to his panel and he did his best Wookie impersonation (which was damn good!). So I asked him if they would ever let him do it and film it while he was in the suit. He gave me a mischievous smile and told me I'll have to wait to see the movie to find that out.

I also asked him if he would do a sequel to Solo if it was ever green-lit. Without hesitation, he said he would. Told me to campaign on social media! lol

I know none of this is major spoilers or anything, but Joonas seemed super excited about the movie and was way positive about Chewie in the movie. He didn't look like he was lying, like his facial expressions weren't telling a different story than what he was saying.

Also, I am 5'1'', and that man is sooooooooooooooooooooooo tall. But super adorable and charming! I can always post my pics with him if anyone is interested!
@vinventure12

He seemed like a really genuine person even before your story, and after now totally confirmed for me. Which even makes me believe his comment on that reylo post comes from something real he feels about it! @Kylo rey yup he wasn't tagged he randomly found it, sure he could have liked the picture but it's just another picture really. Idk I think on insta you gotta really like it to comment anything my opinion lol.

Last edited by rey09 on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Tue 24 Sep 2019, 8:29 pm

vinventure12 wrote:Gotta say, I've loved following this particular thread. I don't really post, but I love all of your insights and opinions. Since this is a spoiler/speculations thread, I'll just add something here. It's not about Reylo, but I met Joonas when he came out to Salt Lake City for Comic Con last year and got to talk with him for a bit as I got his autograph. I asked him if he loved Chewie's overall arch in episode 9 (this was my exact question, I had practiced it while waiting in line for him. lol). He gushed and lit up and said he loved what Chewie gets to do in the movie and where the character ends up. Also, he got to use more technical acting with the scenes he filmed (not exactly sure what that means), and that there is of course a lot of physicality to playing Chewie. I went to his panel and he did his best Wookie impersonation (which was damn good!). So I asked him if they would ever let him do it and film it while he was in the suit. He gave me a mischievous smile and told me I'll have to wait to see the movie to find that out.

@vinventure12

I love this. Smile The actors seem to know that even they are not in the loop about everything— just their own character’s arc— and they seem so positive about what they DO know (except Mark Hamill, but he’s pretty open about not loving what they did with Luke in TLJ.). The leaks, on the other hand, just don’t sound like anything the actors should be positive about. Personally, I’m keeping faith in the filmmakers and hoping this will be terrific.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Tue 24 Sep 2019, 9:36 pm

snufkin wrote:Kinda ironic/sad to log in to a site founded by women who trusted their judgement about a movie where Han Solo says "Women always figure out the truth" and actually predicted the entire plot/character relationships for TLJ to only read 2 pages of hand wringing over "leaks" made by the same crew of "insiders" who got trolled by LF, peddled incorrect 'spoilers' which go against common sense if you've watched any of the movies or have a passing understanding of the Saga's history/role in film history, and in general question their own judgement.
@snufkin

Perfectly said! Standing Ovation! Very Happy Smile

I wish this post could be pinned and seen first thing by all on every log-in, visit, and/or posting
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Tue 24 Sep 2019, 10:07 pm

Kylo dying for good was always a possibility for the ST, and whatever the case I’m sure that the actual film will do a far better job than what’s in the leaks. But now that they brought back the Emperor, the only way for it to be an even bigger RotJ rip-off is if Kylo personally throws Palpatine down the shaft.

I also think that I could be ok with a finale that ends the Skywalker bloodline for good; it would be sad of course but I could live with it. But for the movie to then try to slap on a “happier” ending by giving Rey the Skywalker name… blehhhh just no. You can’t spend two movies having one character at the heart of the family drama and one as pretty much a bystander, then transfer the weight of the family drama on the latter at the very end of the third movie.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 25 Sep 2019, 12:28 am

@motherofpearl1 We all have our ways of managing our mental health/stress levels and I certainly know others who feel like they have to step back or not get attached to any ideas about what happens because they don't want to be heartbroken if it turns out otherwise.

One thing with the 'leaks,' the Internet has unfortunately turned into the type of low trust environment where people feel like they have to seek out back channels because their confidence in what they hear (or their own judgement) is so low. It's a corruption, whether it's a movie about space wizards or larger issues to do with world affairs when you get people caught up in that web. The other thing I've thought on lately is that chasing after leaks or spoilers (which once a movies out in the world, reading spoilers ahead of time is a different game, some people need that to prepare) it's like how a lot of sports fandom has become less an act of faith and more relying on statistics as way of trying to predict/game the outcome. Either approach isn't healthy for trying to enjoy something and sort of goes against the spirit of what the teaser V/O says as a meta statement is that it's meant to be stories to inspire/teach the viewer.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Wed 25 Sep 2019, 12:40 am

There’s something off about Rey taking the name and wearig it as if it were some sort of crown, when actually the legacy of the Skywalkers is the burden of the dark side...
The Skywalkers were interesting not because they were good or because they were heroes, but because they were always the ones to set fire to the galaxy and were also the ones to put it out.
So the real question is, can Rey carry on that legacy on her own?
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Wed 25 Sep 2019, 12:52 am

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
snufkin wrote:Kinda ironic/sad to log in to a site founded by women who trusted their judgement about a movie where Han Solo says "Women always figure out the truth" and actually predicted the entire plot/character relationships for TLJ to only read 2 pages of hand wringing over "leaks" made by the same crew of "insiders" who got trolled by LF, peddled incorrect 'spoilers' which go against common sense if you've watched any of the movies or have a passing understanding of the Saga's history/role in film history, and in general question their own judgement.
@snufkin

I wish this post could be pinned and seen first thing by all on every log-in, visit, and/or posting
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Me too. And as you can see from my joining date, I’ve been here since practically the beginning. (I was a lurker in the forum where this got started, and when talk of Reylo was banned, I missed all the good conversation and analysis and tried — successfully— to find out where everyone went.)
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 25 Sep 2019, 12:52 am

...you know- it would be different if Ben would scarifies himself to save Rey/the galaxy from Palaptine, and Rey at the end would take on the Solo name (kind of like Rose in Titanic). THAT I could understand and buy. But there is no real connection between Rey & what happened in the ST that would justify her taking on the Skywalker name...I'm sorry but there isn't. Yes, Leia & Ben are Skywalkers by blood but none of them used that name - ever. And her relationship with Luke wasn't really good. So why? What would be the point?
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 25 Sep 2019, 12:59 am

Lily Snape wrote:
SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@snufkin

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Me too. And as you can see from my joining date, I’ve been here since practically the beginning. (I was a lurker in the forum where this got started, and when talk of Reylo was banned, I missed all the good conversation and analysis and tried — successfully— to find out where everyone went.)
@Lily Snape

I curtsy to you! All OG Reylos!!! Very Happy Smile

Being a TLJ Reylo, I sometimes wonder if that is the source of my confidence/positive outlook. Perhaps....However, I know of many OG Reylos who share the same POV.

I do understand preparing for the worst, yet the cliche also says hope for the best!! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Wed 25 Sep 2019, 3:57 am

When you succeed where Vader failed you earn your first canon smirk.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 10 A386c070c9e7e02c6521f155eb299b7472d7579f

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 10 B47913ba79015f912410399f3dd7b9a9e9ca65b8

“Touchy”

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 10 9d53b0e05be00c1ecc46c8d7747d8cd3e23d9876

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 10 D8d745c97a2c00bc11246d2102b642e72152b007

Diplomacy: -2
Snark: +5

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 10 11dfbdc136e7ef07e2ed27925dd24c200236ff79

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 25 Sep 2019, 4:03 am

Teo oswald wrote:When you succeed where Vader failed you earn your first canon smirk.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 10 A386c070c9e7e02c6521f155eb299b7472d7579f

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 10 B47913ba79015f912410399f3dd7b9a9e9ca65b8

“Touchy”

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 10 9d53b0e05be00c1ecc46c8d7747d8cd3e23d9876

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 10 D8d745c97a2c00bc11246d2102b642e72152b007

Diplomacy: -2
Snark: +5

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 10 11dfbdc136e7ef07e2ed27925dd24c200236ff79

Laughing Laughing Laughing
@Teo oswald

aww the smirk so proud of my bb Cool
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 25 Sep 2019, 4:36 am

Yep, that's Han's boy alright!
I've been watching some clips from the OT here.....and I'm genuinely startled at how much Adam resembles a young Harrison, especially around the mouth and eyes
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_yf7GfJtHZc
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next