Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+53
KiraRen2015
spacebaby45678
Atenais
Cowgirlsamurai
Chris24601
Nyx
Kyla Ren
krissy01
Blood Moon
Gemini
MrsWindu
Geralt_Riv
AcrosstheStars
Krafty
vinventure12
nickandnora
rey09
Kessel
Moonjump05
rawpowah
bashfulblueeyes3
giaciak2
Night Huntress
unicorn
Dar-ren19
special_cases
Moonlight13
SW_Heroine_Journey
Teo oswald
tukicarreno
Birdwoman
whisperingwillow
ZioRen
SkyStar
MaddieDove
fuhry
Armadeus
Mana
Lily Snape
Saracene
12 Parsnips
OrionStars
Kylo Rey
Mila95
Lovely_Rose
Riri
DeeBee
AhsokaTano
motherofpearl1
snufkin
californiagirl
nana7marie
SanghaRen
57 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Riri Wed 25 Sep 2019, 4:51 am

@Kylo Rey

You're a pro with all your reylo cast reciepts tehe! A spoiler for the overall trilogy huh? If it's not related to reverse anidala then seriously what else could it be lol

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Kylo Rey Wed 25 Sep 2019, 9:02 am

Thanks  Very Happy @Riri

Pablo Hidalgo used this search tool recently in one of his tweets. Used it on the characters and...

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 32664810

Those numbers are monstrous. They would be insane to kill him off permanently. In a universe where even friggin’ Darth Maul comes back to life, closing off all avenues for the last Skywalker is so mindboggling to me.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 25 Sep 2019, 1:28 pm

I like Rey......I'm not talking about Daisy, who I like a lot, but her character
But Kylo is frankly a far more interesting character. I'd happily watch a load of films just with him as the principal character. In fact, Rey's at her best when she's interacting with Kylo.
And I have noticed quite a few people who hated TLJ like Kylo Ren.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Wed 25 Sep 2019, 1:49 pm

@motherofpearl1 After TFA, I really loved Rey as a character and I liked Finn a lot too. I thought they were both interesting characters. I liked Kylo too, and I thought he was an interesting character. I liked Poe as well, but I didn't think he was as interesting.

I feel like TLJ made Kylo seem more interesting but it didn't do the same for Rey or Finn. It tried to make Poe more interesting but to me it didn't really succeed in that way. Clearly now Kylo is the most interesting character.

fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 25 Sep 2019, 2:18 pm

Kylo is by far the crowning achievement of the ST. I honestly don't think that's debatable. I get why that may be frustrating for some, but it is what it is.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Wed 25 Sep 2019, 5:50 pm

@Kylo Rey

This burns even more

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 WoWBYuK

D*mn, imagine snuffing out all of Vader's children just to push that so-called trio, mwahahaha, those who're willing to do it must have been smoking an awesome weed that Snoop Dogg hasn't discovered yet.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Wed 25 Sep 2019, 6:04 pm

OrionStars wrote:@Kylo Rey

This burns even more

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 WoWBYuK

D*mn, imagine snuffing out all of Vader's children just to push that so-called trio, mwahahaha, those who're willing to do it must have been smoking an awesome weed that Snoop Dogg hasn't discovered yet.
@OrionStars

Even combined they can't reach his... reach Evil or Very Mad Very Happy
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 25 Sep 2019, 6:29 pm

I noticed in the new Age of Resistance comics that Kylo is very chill about Captain Rutherford being sassy to him. Even criticizing Kylo's actions in relation to Vader, which should be a sore spot, just earned him a look.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Wed 25 Sep 2019, 6:31 pm

Wow it kinda says a lot that all the OT characters numbers are higher than the new characters combined who are in the current trilogy.I think they went so far with trying to make them perfectly likable and charming they forgot to make them very interesting which is really what drives passion and investment from fans. Kylo being a villain made them more free with him plus Adam is the kind of actor who will get the absolute most out of the material he's given. They really would be crazy to kill him off but on the other hand I doubt Adam would ever agree to do his own trilogy or like a Disney Plus show, I feel like he's done with SW after the last movie. But still there's books and comics and animated shows where they could use Kylo.

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Wed 25 Sep 2019, 7:14 pm

ZioRen wrote:I noticed in the new Age of Resistance comics that Kylo is very chill about Captain Rutherford being sassy to him. Even criticizing Kylo's actions in relation to Vader, which should be a sore spot, just earned him a look.
@ZioRen

There was also some unsubtle death and rebirth imagery as well.

@Mila95 Agreed. They went too far in trying to make the other characters likeable that they forgot to make them compelling. Even if Adam doesn’t want to return for Kylo though, that doesn’t necessarily mean you have to kill him off. Tbh I could see him eventually being convinced to come back a long way down the line or something. He likes Kylo a lot.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 25 Sep 2019, 8:02 pm

Regarding characters' popularity, I think internet searches skew towards adults and teenagers, and those are the groups that control the fandom narrative. But what about the 9-year-old who is newer to SW? I'm not sure the younger generation these movies are supposedly for are necessarily as focused on Luke and Han as older groups who grew up with them were. This is probably even truer if they've never seen the OT. The theoretical target audience, oddly, I think has the least say in communicating opinions on newer material, and if it's working or not.

Right after posting this I became curious what a Google Trends chart would yield. Here's four ST characters and Luke over the past year (it only allows five comparisons at a time). Poor Finn and Poe at the bottom. The other three are pretty even, except a massive temporary spike for dark!Rey.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=US&q=%2Fg%2F11b7nrrkrn,%2Fg%2F11b7nng6wq,%2Fg%2F11bwdx2c20,%2Fm%2F0f1bg,%2Fg%2F11bwdf9jzh
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 25 Sep 2019, 9:39 pm

You can't search for just "Rey" she does not have a last name or proper moniker to search it really affects her search engine results. Sorry, but Rey nobody was never a proper option for a protagonist of the ST. Not on a mythological level and not on a marketing level.

If JJ wanted to reboot the franchise with all new characters "new" nobodies they should have all had proper origin stories from the jump.

Now let's see if making Rey a Palpatine will give her the popularity she deserves outside of her pairing in Reylo.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Wed 25 Sep 2019, 10:19 pm

@californiagirl

Google Trends doesn't provide the exact search volume numbers for keywords. It only allows for estimating the relative popularity of keywords and does not provide precise search volume data. Google trends can't help marketers understand the actual popularity of a keyword. That's why Pablo had to use the tool that provides search volume.
Besides, we're living in a world that children can access the internet and use smart devices at a very young age. I don't think a 9-year-old boy who has an interest in SW can't search Luke Skywalker on his tablet, so it can't be restricted to just adults and teenagers.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 25 Sep 2019, 10:56 pm

@OrionStars That's true, but it's still adults who write the articles and make the videos and run the media networks and websites. Family movies have to sell the thing to adults as much as to the kids, because they're the ones who will actually buy the movie tickets and toys for the kids. It's a weird balancing act of trying to appeal to multiple different camps who may want different things. The older generation still has more power, and is louder in online discourse as well.

I'm a bit leery of the other set of number from Pablo's search tool, since I've never gotten the impression that Poe was as popular as Rey. Poe doesn't exactly generate the same level of speculation or expectations, or get hailed as some kind of symbol or icon or role model like Rey does.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Wed 25 Sep 2019, 11:36 pm

californiagirl wrote:Regarding characters' popularity, I think internet searches skew towards adults and teenagers, and those are the groups that control the fandom narrative. But what about the 9-year-old who is newer to SW? I'm not sure the younger generation these movies are supposedly for are necessarily as focused on Luke and Han as older groups who grew up with them were. This is probably even truer if they've never seen the OT. The theoretical target audience, oddly, I think has the least say in communicating opinions on newer material, and if it's working or not.

Right after posting this I became curious what a Google Trends chart would yield. Here's four ST characters and Luke over the past year (it only allows five comparisons at a time). Poor Finn and Poe at the bottom. The other three are pretty even, except a massive temporary spike for dark!Rey.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=US&q=%2Fg%2F11b7nrrkrn,%2Fg%2F11b7nng6wq,%2Fg%2F11bwdx2c20,%2Fm%2F0f1bg,%2Fg%2F11bwdf9jzh
@californiagirl

OMG how interesting! Thank you! Something to study over the next months, indeed. I wonder why South Dakota and Utah have 100% interest in Kylo Ren LMAO.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Thu 26 Sep 2019, 12:12 am

@californiagirl

Actually that site uses google data, it helps you access the search volume of google keyword planner without paying for google ads service.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 26 Sep 2019, 12:41 am

@OrionStars Oh interesting, wonder why two Google-based tools came out with such different sets of data.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Thu 26 Sep 2019, 2:39 am

In my opinion, like Pablo split the statistics between Anakin and Vader should split Ben Solo from Kylo Ren. Perhaps it is not a coincidence ... After the episode IX, Ben Solo + Kylo Ren - will break down every forecast.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 26 Sep 2019, 4:26 am

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/09/a-kevin-feige-star-wars-film-is-in-development-with-lucasfilm/

This is huge .

The marvel head making a Star Wars film.
Maybe it’s nothing or maybe they will tie all universes together - goodness knows what the overall plan is but having Kevin Feige onboard now heightens my suspicions even further and why there are so many links between the two franchises ....
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 26 Sep 2019, 5:11 am

AhsokaTano wrote:https://makingstarwars.net/2019/09/a-kevin-feige-star-wars-film-is-in-development-with-lucasfilm/

This is huge .

The marvel head making a Star Wars film.
Maybe it’s nothing or maybe they will tie all universes together - goodness knows what the overall plan is but having Kevin Feige onboard now heightens my suspicions even further and why there are so many links between the two franchises ....
@AhsokaTano

a huge disaster if you ask me- but time will tell... the only thing I'm looking forward to is Rian Johnsons trilogy.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 26 Sep 2019, 5:34 am

OrionStars wrote:@californiagirl

Actually that site uses google data, it helps you access the search volume of google keyword planner without paying for google ads service.
@OrionStars

Kylo Ren is a legacy character of course his numbers are out of the box.. This is why I have always argued for Rey to have an important lineage. God these numbers have me so HEATED. It is not acceptable LF should be ashamed they have failed their first female protagonist.

How come Pabs did not search for Obi Wan? Suspect

You can't underestimate the power of Key words, "Rey" is not a proper search term or key word. Rey not having  a last name of moniker negatively impacts people who might be searching for her and that affects  her search volumne

Other ways to search for "rey" are

rey's parents
reylo
rey star wars
rey jakku
rey kenobi
rey skywalker
rey palpatine
rey mystery
dark rey

All of these iterations and their results should be added back to Rey's individual totals for a more accurate number of the characters search volume

9 year olds can google search, my niece  is extremely proficient and finds make up videos with ease. Laughing
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Thu 26 Sep 2019, 6:17 am

@californiagirl These tools use for different purposes, search volume gives you the absolute numbers of search, while Google Trends shows normalized data of user behavior. Basically Google Trends counts the number of topics, while Search Volume/Google keyword planner counts the number of comments.

@spacebaby45678
Indeed, if you count all those keywords, Rey has around 200.000 searches per month. Kylo Ren is a unique name, people don't need other keywords to find him. But still, Kylo is far more popular than Rey.

OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 26 Sep 2019, 6:36 am

OrionStars wrote:
@californiagirl These tools use for different purposes, search volume gives you the absolute numbers of search, while Google Trends shows normalized data of user behavior. Basically Google Trends counts the number of topics, while Search Volume/Google keyword planner counts the number of comments.

@spacebaby45678
Indeed, if you count all those keywords, Rey has around 200.000 searches per month. Kylo Ren is a unique name Laughing , people don't need other keywords to find him. But still, Kylo is far more popular than Rey.

@OrionStars

Of course Kylo is more popular his is ticking both of sides of the fandom's boxes male and female, OG fanboys and new fangurls... Laughing
But never underestimate the importance of his lineage to his story, Kylo is the grandson of Vader, son of Han and Leia. That gives him so much story, it also immediately connects the audience to him. Star Wars is a soap... family is important on soaps and legacy children are why long running serials continue to work, the children connect the story to the past and only deepen the mythology and drama.

And Adam Driver, lord but the man can act! and he has presence and he is a scene stealer.. which he held back on in the hut scene, I think AD really let DR shine in that scene... kudos...

But, back to the reason I am so HEATED... Rey's numbers would be better if... as a "nobody" they had properly underwritten her story from Jump
Or just give her a legacy, preferably Kenobi ( since she is doing Kenobi things anyway throughout 2 movies)  Twisted Evil

I have always been convinced and these numbers only add to the evidence that the Rey's reveal and arc in TLJ did nothing to boost the characters standing and profile IN THE STORY... in only boosted Kylo's since everyone believes everything he says... again.. these are AD's powers.. a good actor is a good salesman and vice versa...

Give Rey a little story "dark rey" and interest in her jumps.. the mystery is reignited..

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Tumblr_pyfs5aUpZz1y8hadgo1_1280

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Thu 26 Sep 2019, 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Thu 26 Sep 2019, 7:52 am

@spacebaby45678  I really hope that we can get real Dark Rey, but my gut tells me that Disney won't let their perfect girl become too dark and actually tap the dark side

Anw, we're continuing with the new "leak". This is another "leaker", his name is GeekFurious (@special_cases knows him) this is the history of his "leak" (or he called it "guess")

On April 2017, he released some "guesses" for TLJ that
- Kylo and Rey have hand sex (lol)
- Luke has a peaceful "suicide" under the binary sun
- Kylo and Rey fight back to back until they fight for the lightsaber
- Snoke will be ...half of the man he used to be.

He just released another "good guess" for TROS and he bets that at the end of TROS, Kylo will still walk around in his human form, not force ghost, so basically he means Kylo is alive, unlike the ending of Paxis/ViewerAnon/Bespin/Jason's leak.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 26 Sep 2019, 8:12 am

OrionStars wrote:@spacebaby45678  I really hope that we can get real Dark Rey, but my gut tells me that Disney won't let their perfect girl become too dark and actually tap the dark side

Anw, we're continuing with the new "leak". This is another "leaker", his name is GeekFurious (@special_cases knows him) this is the history of his "leak" (or he called it "guess")

On April 2017, he released some "guesses" for TLJ that
- Kylo and Rey have hand sex (lol)
- Luke has a peaceful "suicide" under the binary sun
- Kylo and Rey fight back to back until they fight for the lightsaber
- Snoke will be ...half of the man he used to be.

He just released another "good guess" for TROS and he bets that at the end of TROS, Kylo will still walk around in his human form, not force ghost, so basically he means Kylo is alive, unlike the ending of Paxis/ViewerAnon/Bespin/Jason's leak.
@OrionStars

Did he have any other good guesses for TROS? Reylo ending? confirmation on Rey Palpatine?

The calendar has Rey in front of the death star interestingly... Confus (whispers Palpatine.. hates the implications immediately.. Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Can anyone read the writing next to Rey.. do I see the words love? Romance? Hot? cheers  Smile

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Tumblr_pyfwsabFvu1y8hadgo1_540
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Tumblr_pyfwsabFvu1y8hadgo2_540
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next