Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+53
KiraRen2015
spacebaby45678
Atenais
Cowgirlsamurai
Chris24601
Nyx
Kyla Ren
krissy01
Blood Moon
Gemini
MrsWindu
Geralt_Riv
AcrosstheStars
Krafty
vinventure12
nickandnora
rey09
Kessel
Moonjump05
rawpowah
bashfulblueeyes3
giaciak2
Night Huntress
unicorn
Dar-ren19
special_cases
Moonlight13
SW_Heroine_Journey
Teo oswald
tukicarreno
Birdwoman
whisperingwillow
ZioRen
SkyStar
MaddieDove
fuhry
Armadeus
Mana
Lily Snape
Saracene
12 Parsnips
OrionStars
Kylo Rey
Mila95
Lovely_Rose
Riri
DeeBee
AhsokaTano
motherofpearl1
snufkin
californiagirl
nana7marie
SanghaRen
57 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Gemini Sun 29 Sep 2019, 7:52 am

Mila95 wrote:
Saracene wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:“I never found myself trying to repair anything,” he tells Empire. “If I had done VIII, I would have done things differently, just as Rian would have done things differently if he had done VII. But having worked on television series, I was accustomed to creating stories and characters that then were run by other people. If you’re willing to walk away from the thing that you created and you believe it’s in trustworthy hands, you have to accept that some of the decisions being made are not gonna be the same that you would make. And if you come back into it, you have to honor what’s been done.”

— Empire Magazine
@Teo oswald

If JJ makes Rey a Palpatine, my is this going to be a big pack of lies in retrospect. Unless he claims a certain point of view defence like, "well The Last Jedi said nothing about Rey's grandparents" etc. which I don't think anyone will swallow.
@Saracene

Yeah they'll claim that technically her parents were nobody and that didn't change. Tho imo the worse change that makes TLJ feel pointless if the leaks are true is that apparently they didn't abandon her but were killed and they tried to protect her.

@Mila95

@saracene

As said before, Rey random reveal was very vague and said by the villain. Rian Johnson even said it was still intentionally left open to adapt into her being a someone if wanted ...so..I dont think that reveal in TLJ was ever solid stone. The audience were  not shown any flash backs and  we were literally given nothing solid about who she is apart from one line from a villain of the story who was trying to emotionally manipulate her into following him (Confirmed in Empire magazine by the writer that their relationship was emotionally manipulative as well as sweet st times) There is plenty of room for the audience to be absolutely fine with learning her grandparent is someone in the next movie.

If anything TLJ totally undid everything set up by the TFA in regards to  Rey. Luckily the same director of TFA is now back to finish that vision.

Luckily TLJ was only the disruption stage of the whole ST soneasily can find the new Equalibrium in the closing act.

I mean Kylo was literally a moustache twirling villain by the end of TLJ, it wont remain that way, theres still room to fix that. Same with Rey nothing.

Last edited by Gemini on Sun 29 Sep 2019, 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by OrionStars Sun 29 Sep 2019, 7:55 am

@Gemini

I heard some fanboy uncles said back in the day, people didn't believe Vader was the real father because the one who revealed that twist was a villain Sad
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 29 Sep 2019, 7:58 am

OrionStars wrote:@Gemini

I heard some fanboy uncles said back in the day, people didn't believe Vader was the real father because the one who revealed that twist was a villain Sad
@OrionStars

True, however it doesnt mean they are doing the same thing.

RJ even said he was using it to manipulate rey and and I quote Rian Johnson directly when he said that moment was  truth from " a certain point of view"..literally the writer and director of the last jedi said this about what Kylo said, so yeah....dont bet that it was meant to be set in stone or 100% truth. RJ doesnt give a Sith about continuity and what has come before in  SW. Sad
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Sun 29 Sep 2019, 8:03 am

Gemini wrote:
Mila95 wrote:
Saracene wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:“I never found myself trying to repair anything,” he tells Empire. “If I had done VIII, I would have done things differently, just as Rian would have done things differently if he had done VII. But having worked on television series, I was accustomed to creating stories and characters that then were run by other people. If you’re willing to walk away from the thing that you created and you believe it’s in trustworthy hands, you have to accept that some of the decisions being made are not gonna be the same that you would make. And if you come back into it, you have to honor what’s been done.”

— Empire Magazine
@Teo oswald

If JJ makes Rey a Palpatine, my is this going to be a big pack of lies in retrospect. Unless he claims a certain point of view defence like, "well The Last Jedi said nothing about Rey's grandparents" etc. which I don't think anyone will swallow.
@Saracene

Yeah they'll claim that technically her parents were nobody and that didn't change. Tho imo the worse change that makes TLJ feel pointless if the leaks are true is that apparently they didn't abandon her but were killed and they tried to protect her.

@Mila95

@saracene

As said before, Rey random reveal was very vague and said by the villain. Rian Johnson even said it was still intentionally left open to adapt into her being a someone if wanted ...so..I dont think that reveal in TLJ was ever solid stone. The audience were  not shown any flash backs and  we were literally given nothing solid about who she is apart from one line from a villain of the story who was trying to emotionally manipulate her. (Confirmed in Empire magazine by the writer that their relationship was emotionally manipulative as well as sweet st times) There is plenty of room for the audience to be absolutely fine with learning her grandparent is someone in the next movie.

If anything TLJ totally undid everything set up by the TFA in regards to Rey. Luckily the same director of TFA is now back to finish that vision.

Luckily TLJ was only the disruption stage of the whole ST soneasily can find the new Equalibrium in the closing act.

I mean Kylo was literally a moustache twirling villain by the end of TLJ, it wont remain that way, theres still room to fix that. Same with Rey nothing.
@Gemini

Sure they deliberately kept it still open, which I think was stupid and just keeps making Rey's story about how she's related to someone.And I think the keeping it open part is more in the interviews than the actual movie because it's not just Kylo who says who Rey's parents were and how they abandoned her but Rey herself so doubting it just because Kylo is a villain is kinda weak imo. But my issue isn't just is there technically room to change it without being totally illogical, it's also about how they did push the theme of you don't need a famous lineage to be the main hero and the force isn't about bloodlines. Now by changing that I think they basically s*** all over that theme. I'm sure the audience will be fine, casual viewers don't think about it too deeply but I think they'll get criticism from people who will look back and see how ridiculously unfocused and weird their handling of Rey's parantage was.

I don't think Kylo was a mustache twirling villain at the end of TLJ. To me it seemed obvious with the last scene that he still wasn't fully on the dark side and that his behavior on Crait was anger and hurt, not just he's purely evil now.

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sun 29 Sep 2019, 8:04 am

Mila95 wrote:Yeah they'll claim that technically her parents were nobody and that didn't change. Tho imo the worse change that makes TLJ feel pointless if the leaks are true is that apparently they didn't abandon her but were killed and they tried to protect her.
@Mila95

Which would be complete nonsense because a son or daughter of Palpatine is not really a "nobody" in a series where lineage is more important than an occupation.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Sun 29 Sep 2019, 8:05 am

Saracene wrote:
Mila95 wrote:Yeah they'll claim that technically her parents were nobody and that didn't change. Tho imo the worse change that makes TLJ feel pointless if the leaks are true is that apparently they didn't abandon her but were killed and they tried to protect her.
@Mila95

Which would be complete nonsense because a son or daughter of Palpatine is not really a "nobody" in a series where lineage is more important than an occupation.
@Saracene

Exactly. If these leaks end up being true I guess I'll have to believe them when they say they don't have a plan and any director does whatever lol

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 29 Sep 2019, 8:07 am

Higher quality version (2048 x 857)

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 Tumblr_pylfgs532k1w6j24yo2_r1_540

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 9f2aa1d49eda3a29b65487e6f40b421422491bfc

i don't think it's Rey....even if kyo takes off the mask in her presence, it's not Rey
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 F5fd137eaee6921c93ef23b54d4e5bb889d9fe9e
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 29 Sep 2019, 8:09 am

Mila95 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Mila95 wrote:
Saracene wrote:

— Empire Magazine
@Teo oswald

@Saracene

@Mila95

@saracene

As said before, Rey random reveal was very vague and said by the villain. Rian Johnson even said it was still intentionally left open to adapt into her being a someone if wanted ...so..I dont think that reveal in TLJ was ever solid stone. The audience were  not shown any flash backs and  we were literally given nothing solid about who she is apart from one line from a villain of the story who was trying to emotionally manipulate her. (Confirmed in Empire magazine by the writer that their relationship was emotionally manipulative as well as sweet st times) There is plenty of room for the audience to be absolutely fine with learning her grandparent is someone in the next movie.

If anything TLJ totally undid everything set up by the TFA in regards to  Rey. Luckily the same director of TFA is now back to finish that vision.

@Gemini

Sure they deliberately kept it still open, which I think was stupid and just keeps making Rey's story about how she's related to someone.And I think the keeping it open part is more in the interviews than the actual movie because it's not just Kylo who says who Rey's parents were and how they abandoned her but Rey herself so doubting it just because Kylo is a villain is kinda weak imo. But my issue isn't just is there technically room to change it without being totally illogical, it's also about how they  did push the theme of you don't need a famous lineage to be the main hero and the force isn't about bloodlines. Now by changing that I think they basically s*** all over that theme. I'm sure the audience will be fine, casual viewers don't think about it too deeply but I think they'll get criticism from people who will look back and see how ridiculously unfocused and weird their handling of Rey's parantage was.

I don't think Kylo was a mustache twirling villain at the end of TLJ. To me it seemed obvious with the last scene that he still wasn't fully on the dark side and that his behavior on Crait was anger and hurt, not just he's purely evil now.
@Mila95

He literally tried to slice  Luke in half. Had no idea it wasnt really physical Luke when he did this.

He knew Rey was flying the falcon and said blast it out of the sky..thus murdering Rey if successful.

I just cant with RJ..I really cant..
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Sun 29 Sep 2019, 8:12 am

@Gemini
I don't think he looked like a villain in that scene, he looked like an angry child who lashed out at everything. And he didn't know Rey was on the falcon.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Sun 29 Sep 2019, 8:13 am

Gemini wrote:
Mila95 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Mila95 wrote:
Saracene wrote:

— Empire Magazine
@Teo oswald

@Saracene

@Mila95

@saracene

@Gemini

Sure they deliberately kept it still open, which I think was stupid and just keeps making Rey's story about how she's related to someone.And I think the keeping it open part is more in the interviews than the actual movie because it's not just Kylo who says who Rey's parents were and how they abandoned her but Rey herself so doubting it just because Kylo is a villain is kinda weak imo. But my issue isn't just is there technically room to change it without being totally illogical, it's also about how they  did push the theme of you don't need a famous lineage to be the main hero and the force isn't about bloodlines. Now by changing that I think they basically s*** all over that theme. I'm sure the audience will be fine, casual viewers don't think about it too deeply but I think they'll get criticism from people who will look back and see how ridiculously unfocused and weird their handling of Rey's parantage was.

@Mila95

He literally tried to slice  Luke in half. Had no idea it wasnt really physical Luke when he did this.
@Gemini

And he literally killed his own father and then they had him be sympathetic and falling in love with Rey the next movie and now they'll very certainly redeem him. Vader killed children and ended up with his own kid believing in his still existing goodness and redeeming himself.So I don't think anything Kylo did at the end of TLJ is proof he was meant to be seen as purely evil. I'm sure a lot of people saw it as that but I doubt it was Rian's intention.

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 29 Sep 2019, 8:15 am

I don't think he looked like a villain in that scene, he looked like an angry child who lashed out at everything.

@OrionStars

True, he was having a tantrum but he went full reverse from the layered and conflicted villain from TFA. He killed his dad and it was done so well by JJ that we felt bad for kylo. All of this disappeared with the final act of TLJ, IMO. He became 2 dimensional and spiteful.

It didnt come across the same way JJ managed to convey. The subtlety was all gone.

Thank fudge LF came to their senses and brought JJ back to do this properly
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 29 Sep 2019, 8:42 am

Gemini wrote:
Mila95 wrote:
Saracene wrote:

— Empire Magazine
@Teo oswald

@Saracene

@Mila95

@saracene

As said before, Rey random reveal was very vague and said by the villain. Rian Johnson even said it was still intentionally left open to adapt into her being a someone if wanted ...so..I dont think that reveal in TLJ was ever solid stone. The audience were  not shown any flash backs and  we were literally given nothing solid about who she is apart from one line from a villain of the story who was trying to emotionally manipulate her into following him (Confirmed in Empire magazine by the writer that their relationship was emotionally manipulative as well as sweet st times) There is plenty of room for the audience to be absolutely fine with learning her grandparent is someone in the next movie.

@Gemini

I will never, and I mean never understand Kylo's regression in the third act of TLJ. It seams that choices were made to serve Luke's story and not Kylo's and the same with Rey's arc in the first act.. where it was about Luke's box of man pain and not Rey's heroic journey.. save her measly dawn lesson. For me this comes down to narrative choices RJ made, these choices whether you agree with them or not are extremely decisive.

It isn't even as if, Rey's character focus in TFA "waiting for her family to return on Jakku" changes in TLJ to " I want to see my parents and I want them to be famous somebody's" makes any sense continuity wise.  RJ did retconn TFA, since Simon Pegg had said that JJ had an important lineage in store for Rey, and not only was Simon in the movie, he was an actual consultant... so this idea that RJ did NOT retconn TFA is indeed a myth disputed by someone who was there in the room during discussions.

Rey Nobody was a massive fail... I don't care what the final box office numbers for TLJ were.. the backlash is real and I am tired of people demonizing "fanboys" ... it is a bad look... Many OG fanboys have created great meta, books on Star Wars mythology, fan films, some have done their PHD thesis's on Star Wars like Mike Klimo they are not all bad and should not be put in one bin. Fanboys and Fangurls have supported the Star Wars franchise for over 40 years and to dismiss them is short sighted. Now there are bad actors out there with a certain political bent but they are really small in number and not a large enough contingent to move numbers. Yet, the enthusiasm for Star Wars is at an all time low,  the failure of GE is real, I feel it.. I am here on the west coast now and Disney is in a constant state of advertising the park to try to boost it's numbers. The main attractions of the park are Kylo and Rey, FO, and the world of Batuu... While Kylo has proven popularity as a character, mostly in part to the care and attention he has received as the only Legacy Skywalker character in the ST, and due to the brilliant performance of AD. I contend Rey has been under served as the protagonist... I am happy to see us delving into her past more... Of course I think she is a Kenobi.. I ain't gonna lie.. but we shall see, either way it is her that is the focus and I am happy about that.

The Kylo comic get's that Kylo is indeed better than Vader stronger in many ways, that is the point of his character, he is the ONLY Skywalker legacy character and he is going to carry the weight of all the sins and problems that they have caused in the Galaxy. And you have to be strong to do this..  His point is to be their sacrifice and their atonement... It is always the most beautiful and strongest bull that is given up not a weak, crying, baby...

Leia from Aftermath..
As such, she is suddenly aware of her child’s mind and spirit: She senses pluck and wit and steel blood and a keen mind and by the blood of Alderaan is this one going to be a fighter!

I can't wait for AD to do this...

I am crying already...

Rey is there as the healing waters... she will resurrect him

The Keys
1:17 When I saw him, I fell down at his feet like a dead man. But he placed his right hand on me and said, “Stop being afraid! I am the first and the last, 18 the living one. I was dead—but look!—I am alive forever and ever! I have the keys of Death and Hades.
Revelation 1:17-18
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sun 29 Sep 2019, 9:28 am

Saracene wrote:
OrionStars wrote:
@Riri

His words make me nervous  bounce
Ben took off his mask in TFA, then his glove in TLJ, what's next? bounce
@OrionStars

His wig Twisted Evil
@Saracene

My reply Very Happy. :
And he took off his shirt too in TLJ so indeed what is next Razz Twisted Evil
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sun 29 Sep 2019, 9:31 am

I respectfully disagree with the comments on TLJ and Kylo being a 2D villain by the end, but what’s even the point of discussing. We’ll never agree. TFA/JJ fans against TLJ/RJ fans: the everlasting feud that sounds like a broken record. Talking about letting the past die...

I can just say the GA people I know in RL hated Kylo and couldn’t even imagine his redemption after TFA. I got so much crap for liking the character. After TLJ, no one is making fun of me anymore, we can have a civil discussion on the character and when I mention redemption, the reaction is usually a pondering “yes, it could happen”. And, even though I am not really into Reylo, I can also say they all see there is something going on that has nothing to do with being related by blood. And I know GA people who thought they were twins after TFA so... I’d say, mission accomplished, RJ.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Sun 29 Sep 2019, 9:42 am

@spacebaby45678

God, I truly hope so, I just don't want to see Kylo die as a 30-year-old depressed virgin. That's too tragic Sad
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 29 Sep 2019, 9:50 am

Snoke.. you are just a child in a mask UWU IYF

JJ...

I bringing walk walk sexy baby back UWU.... Evil  H-beating  H-beating

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 OpulentMemorableAfricanhornbill-size_restricted

I just love the song JJ is playing... and I am all tuned in... Stereo  Stereo  Love  Tire langue L

@Orionstars...

Kylo is not a virgin.. come at me.. bounce Basketball
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty Sun 29 Sep 2019, 9:52 am

I don't know about anyone else, but that Empire snippet has me doing the happy dance. Sounds great to me!
I love that image of Kylo too, I want to know whats happening!
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon Sun 29 Sep 2019, 10:14 am

SkyStar wrote:Maybe he is dark side bowling?
@SkyStar

Hahahaha, I will be so disappointed in December if he does not bowl with it Wink

———————————————————————————————————————-

So this Terrio interview in Empire is his first one on TROS right? Well that snippet sounds good so far, finally we’re getting the more interesting pov from cast and crew going forward. But my god it feels like being fed breadcrumbs.
Blood Moon
Blood Moon
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sun 29 Sep 2019, 11:34 am

This Chris' quote is the most complicated word dance about description of romantic relationship without saying aloud magical words "Romance" and "Love" I've ever seen. Yup, "feeling/being naked" is totally description suited for allys/enemies/friends/cousins/relatives/co-CEOs of the the Galaxy. Oh god. Say it already.

JJ is calling Chris to pitch a co-writing job:
JJ: Do you wanna make next Star Wars with me? Episode nine?
CT: Oh my God *screaming*
JJ: Chris, tell me, are you a f***ing Reylo?
CT: Ben is baby uwu
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 29 Sep 2019, 11:42 am

Did anyone put up the Empire and Terrio quotes today?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 Scree601

This is about the best entry he could have into SW press. Like, this is exactly what we wanted him to say. Also, I just realized his initials, CT, are the same as Colin Trevorrow. *dun-dun-DUN*

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 Scree602

I'll say it again, I'm very mistrusting of Simon Pegg expressing objective truth about SW when he openly admitted he didn't enjoy his time working on SW, and that he doesn't like the newer movies and wants George back. It's an insult to both JJ and Rian. Dude's got a serious chip on his shoulder, it was rather unprofessional and just not polite for a series that isn't even done yet.

Should they really change Rey's parentage, this marketing campaign is an odd way to go about it. The only evidence we have they address it at all is a couple of interview quotes from JJ and Daisy when asked about it. The SWC panel didn't talk about it, VF didn't, thus far Empire isn't. Really very little direct reference to something that massive. It's a big deal, but they don't act like it's a big deal, more of a side note. I'm also not sure what such a narrative shift would actually accomplish. Regardless of if Rey no one was a failure or not, I'm kind of unsure what a completely different story would do at this point, other than just kind of be there.

As to Kylo's regression, I really don't see where the confusion lies, this is very typical for redemption arcs that play out over multiple installments. Not to drag in obscure references to books most people haven't read, but I've seen some of the Reylo crowd into The Folk of the Air books (a bit like GoT, but smaller-scale and with fairies). I just finished the second one yesterday, The Wicked King, which is now what I will call Kylo. Smile it very much is an enemies to lovers story as well, and the ship is very popular. The main girl is far more power-hungry and viscous than Rey, and the guy is also more of a manipulative bully, and he very much has a regressive, grab-the-power event at the end of this second part of a trilogy like Kylo. High King sounds a lot like Supreme Leader. Also, the author just shared a piece of suggestive fan art of them today. Very Happy I don't see where how Kylo's regression is strange, this is pretty standard for redemption arcs, progress is not a straight line. Didn't Zuko keep doing the wrong thing over and over again before he joined the good guys? We could go on.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 29 Sep 2019, 11:50 am

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 29 Sep 2019, 11:53 am

As to the Disneyland attendance, I used to live in the LA area, I'm well aware that the California Disney parks are far more reliant on locals than other Disney parks. The park as a whole started having attendance issues this year, not just GE. They've made it more prohibitively expensive than ever, and blocked most of their annual passholders from most of the summer and other high-attendance times of year. And only one of the two big rides in GE is open. The more impressive ride got delayed a couple of times, which doesn't help matters, and won't open until December/January. The ride they do have right now is the MF, which is not ST-specific. I'm actually glad they made the land after a new planet rather than a known one.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by krissy01 Sun 29 Sep 2019, 12:17 pm

californiagirl wrote:Did anyone put up the Empire and Terrio quotes today?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 Scree601

This is about the best entry he could have into SW press. Like, this is exactly what we wanted him to say. Also, I just realized his initials, CT, are the same as Colin Trevorrow. *dun-dun-DUN*

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 Scree602

I'll say it again, I'm very mistrusting of Simon Pegg expressing objective truth about SW when he openly admitted he didn't enjoy his time working on SW, and that he doesn't like the newer movies and wants George back. It's an insult to both JJ and Rian. Dude's got a serious chip on his shoulder, it was rather unprofessional and just not polite for a series that isn't even done yet.

Should they really change Rey's parentage, this marketing campaign is an odd way to go about it. The only evidence we have they address it at all is a couple of interview quotes from JJ and Daisy when asked about it. The SWC panel didn't talk about it, VF didn't, thus far Empire isn't. Really very little direct reference to something that massive. It's a big deal, but they don't act like it's a big deal, more of a side note. I'm also not sure what such a narrative shift would actually accomplish. Regardless of if Rey no one was a failure or not, I'm kind of unsure what a completely different story would do at this point, other than just kind of be there.

As to Kylo's regression, I really don't see where the confusion lies, this is very typical for redemption arcs that play out over multiple installments. Not to drag in obscure references to books most people haven't read, but I've seen some of the Reylo crowd into The Folk of the Air books (a bit like GoT, but smaller-scale and with fairies). I just finished the second one yesterday, The Wicked King, which is now what I will call Kylo. Smile it very much is an enemies to lovers story as well, and the ship is very popular. The main girl is far more power-hungry and viscous than Rey, and the guy is also more of a manipulative bully, and he very much has a regressive, grab-the-power event at the end of this second part of a trilogy like Kylo. High King sounds a lot like Supreme Leader. Also, the author just shared a piece of suggestive fan art of them today. Very Happy I don't see where how Kylo's regression is strange, this is pretty standard for redemption arcs, progress is not a straight line. Didn't Zuko keep doing the wrong thing over and over again before he joined the good guys? We could go on.
@californiagirl

Here's one of my favorites: At the end of the second act of the Dark Knight Rises, Catwoman betrays Batman and hands his life over to the bad guys even though they had started to establish a connection. There's no mistake here, she does it with eyes wide open and knows they will kill him.  Of course she does the right thing by the end and Batman and Catwoman get their HEA (What Alfred saw was real dammit! 😁).

krissy01
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 29 Sep 2019, 12:20 pm

The idea that Simon Pegg would publicly lie about JJ's intentions is ridiculous, he is not some Cheeto eating basement dwelling fanboy.. and It does not matter that he now likes the GL era better.  The relevant point was that he was a consultant on TFA and was there during discussions making him an eye witness.

Iger was counting on the buzz from faithful SW "fanboys" and fangurls to make up for restricting passholders and cast from attending. The faithful did not show up to Batuu...

As far as marketing for Rey "lineage" goes... we shall see... but...

No one is every really gone... from TLJ thank you RJ was a call back to Luke in a new hope talking about Obi Wan, after Vader killed him... I can't believe he is gone They even used the original music from that scene in the TROS trailer for EMPHASIS

Kudos to RJ and that beautiful double entendre... it is about both Ben & Rey Kenobi (maybe) and now triple.. Palps.. cheers

Every other word spoken by Luke in the original TROS teaser was originally spoken by Obi Wan or about Obi Wan

You can listen to what they say... but watch what they do

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Sun 29 Sep 2019, 12:49 pm; edited 5 times in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Sun 29 Sep 2019, 12:38 pm

@OrionStars

There were three years between ESB and ROTJ, and as a little kid, it’s not like I could just go repeatedly to the movies to see it.  No money, no car.   And VCRs (or, heck, Betamaxes) were still newish then— in short, we didn’t have any way to rewatch it, my friends and I.  I just had the impression I left the theater with, which was that Luke was being lied to by Darth Vader to manipulate him.

In those three years, I grew up a bit and searched my feelings and knew it to be true.  Wink But a lot of kids in my class still thought it was a lie.

Edited to add: Here’s a thought that would satisfy both camps (or neither)— what if Palpatine’s offspring for whatever reason became a filthy junker who sold his/her child for drinking money and is now in a pauper’s grave in the Jakku desert? But I still don’t believe they will kill off the last Skywalker and have Palpatine’s line continue. If Rey is a Palpatine, Ben Solo lives.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum