Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+53
KiraRen2015
spacebaby45678
Atenais
Cowgirlsamurai
Chris24601
Nyx
Kyla Ren
krissy01
Blood Moon
Gemini
MrsWindu
Geralt_Riv
AcrosstheStars
Krafty
vinventure12
nickandnora
rey09
Kessel
Moonjump05
rawpowah
bashfulblueeyes3
giaciak2
Night Huntress
unicorn
Dar-ren19
special_cases
Moonlight13
SW_Heroine_Journey
Teo oswald
tukicarreno
Birdwoman
whisperingwillow
ZioRen
SkyStar
MaddieDove
fuhry
Armadeus
Mana
Lily Snape
Saracene
12 Parsnips
OrionStars
Kylo Rey
Mila95
Lovely_Rose
Riri
DeeBee
AhsokaTano
motherofpearl1
snufkin
californiagirl
nana7marie
SanghaRen
57 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Atenais Sat 05 Oct 2019, 12:22 am

Lily Snape wrote:
rey09 wrote:
nana7marie wrote:@arlath_ma has just posted another vague and encouraging tweet:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 63f7a910
source
@nana7marie

omg guys remember when last trailer for 8 came out and we all freaking eXpLoDeD after kylo hand scene. I was screaming and jumping up and down. Dear God wonder what gem they are giving us in this one.
@rey09

Silly Reylos. That hand was actually Hux’s. Duh. Wink
@Lily Snape

I know, right? lol!
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by snufkin Sat 05 Oct 2019, 12:55 am

Sorry I'm confused here seeing a wall of Tweets on a thread for discussing Spoilers and all from people (there and Reddit) who have no connection other than claiming to be insiders. Especially when there's more than enough actual material having been released in the past few days who merit discussion about potential spoilers/plot points.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 05 Oct 2019, 1:05 am

snufkin wrote:Oh look at that image, what on Earth could it possible resemble?
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 Main-qimg-d461f9f2210a8de4277e2fdc0711086f

Speaking of "what does it resemble?" finally realized why I keep getting Deja Vu for Dark Rey. Rian used the Pressberger and Powell movie Black Narcissus as an influence for the Ache-to scenes and looks like JJ's running with it because Dark Rey's dress and makeup along with the shot is 100% meant to look like Sister Ruth reveal as her darkest self

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 Tumblr_nou2shIs831rdfgw4o1_500

No idea what it means for TRoS other than it makes it more likely in my mind that Dark Rey isn't a vision but something which actually happens. In Black Narcissus, Sister Ruth's transformation is shown visually in her changing appearance (nun's habit to wearing fashionable clothing & lipstick to black clad wraith) over the course of letting out the deepest wishes and jealousy/desire/rage she's been keeping bottled up inside of her. I don't think this means that Rey goes darkside or falls into madness as much as it means she's going to finally let out everything she's been holding in. Especially whatever happened with her parents which left her abandoned and alone on Jakku as a child.

What's interesting about this is that Rian and the production team talked about this movie as an influence for the Ache-to part of the story (ostensible sacred place which is actually setting for psychological/psychosexual drama), especially in the Art of The Last Jedi book. You could also definitely see the influence of other Pressburger and Powell films, The Red Shoes and Tales from Hoffmann, on the Throne Room scene and proposal. So JJ and the production team picked up that ball and are still running with it in TRoS - which referencing Sister Ruth for Dark Rey is brilliant & now I'm even more curious how that moment will play out.

@nickandnora I think there's a fair chance given the # of times they've shown a theme of "parents sacrifice themselves to ensure survival/a better future for their children" theme (which includes also teachers and even Qi'ra's sacrifice to protect Han) which has been shown over the course of all three trilogies and the mirroring between characters that we may find out something like her parents abandoned her and then were murdered by the people they were trying to protect her from. Hard to say definitely yet since they've also shown that Han was abandoned by his father, who was an alcoholic (but that abandonment in turn eventually prompts him trying to save Ben). But if they want to have a thread to tie Rey into the larger picture of what's going to be revealed as the Emperor's long con over the course of the entire Saga/3 trilogies, my best guess is that it'll have to do with whatever destroyed her family. Whether or not the Emperor is her granddad (or potentially evil suitor) is irrelevant IMO - the actor playing him has said he thinks of the character as Iago so he's there to try to tempt/manipulate her to take her out as an opponent and get what's he's after.
@snufkin

I so very much want Dark Rey to be real (and of course, she'll have redemption, so I am not worried about it Very Happy Smile) I absolutely love the Dark Feminine storytelling it represents, and what you have shared...OMG! I'm excited! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Sat 05 Oct 2019, 1:56 am

@tukicarreno He seems to be one of the people having some connections to Lucasfilm as well knowing some info regarding TRoS. How much does he make up, though - who knows? I consider him, @ViewerAnon, @arlath_ma, JediPaxis as well as Jason Ward as possible sources who might know something - but e.g. JediPaxis I’m sure used his own imagination a lot rather than present us with a few pieces of info he’s got in a bullet points form.

@SheLitAFire She claims to have some connections and also to know JediPaxis real identity (regarding his leaks, she said only a few pieces are truly legit, the rest is either without context that would otherwise change our perception or completely made up; she claims he’s not into Reylo). She tweets vague hints rather than actual leaks, recently something about the sun and previously the one with red string - if it’s featured more in the marketing, or appears in the trailer etc., I guess it’d give her quite a bit of credibility.
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 05 Oct 2019, 2:08 am

Doesn't surprise me that JP isn't a Reylo his leaks are shooting it down.
Regarding Ben being slowly'corrupted', he's been through too much to be 100% Ben Solo ever again. He'll always be part Kylo.

I too want Dark Rey to be real....I actually think that just as Kylo will have to accept Rey isn't going to love a man who'd let her friends de then she has to accept all of Kylo/Ben, which will be easier if she truly experiences the 'dark'. If it's revealed as a vision it'll be a cop out.

And does anyone know when the new trailer drops?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sat 05 Oct 2019, 2:11 am

californiagirl wrote:I guess it depends on where you're looking. My feed loves her, other people don't. What's really representative of the whole? Who knows. Have just learned that they weren't allowed to add her into the early designs until recently, so she's not in the first wave but will be coming in a later wave.

It had been giving the impression they were deliberately taking her out of things that originally had her in, Jenny did a good thread on it. https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1180209933154840576
@californiagirl

Well sure, we can only offer our own anecdotal evidence about the character's popularity, but I'm pretty sure that a giant company like Disney has an entire department devoted to tracking and analysing the responses and data, toy sales etc.?
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 05 Oct 2019, 2:22 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:Doesn't surprise me that JP isn't a Reylo his leaks are shooting it down.
Regarding Ben being slowly'corrupted', he's been through too much to be 100% Ben Solo ever again. He'll always be part Kylo.

I too want Dark Rey to be real....I actually think that just as Kylo will have to accept Rey isn't going to love a man who'd let her friends de then she has to accept all of Kylo/Ben, which will be easier if she truly experiences the 'dark'. If it's revealed as a vision it'll be a cop out.

@motherofpearl1

It's either this Monday, the following one (14th), or the one after (21st).  Many think it's the 14th due to a tweet from starwars.com that mentioned 14/10.  We shall see!  There are valid reasons for either one to marketing make sense

for this Monday - it's synergy - this is Triple Force Friday weekend, Resistance Season 2 premieres on Sunday, so why not a trailer and tickets go on sale Monday eve?

For the 14th, the Monday (tickets go on sale, then) before Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, and the trailer then attached to the movie in theatres

For the 21st, the Monday after Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (theatergoers see it first attached to the movie), then everyone else the Monday, afterwards, and tickets go on sale.

If this Monday, they'll announce it this Sunday.  Either way, they usually give a head's up the Sunday prior, based on what I've seen/read.

My vote is this Monday..but I am probably wrong. Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Sat 05 Oct 2019, 2:52 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:Doesn't surprise me that JP isn't a Reylo his leaks are shooting it down.

@motherofpearl1

He'll always be part Kylo ? Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 KtcNGsB

Does it mean TROS will end like the scene that Disney added to Beauty and the beast 2017, in which the prince growled like the beast was still in him?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 LNe9mp8
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 Yc4G2ph
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 05 Oct 2019, 3:57 am

Saracene wrote:
californiagirl wrote:I guess it depends on where you're looking. My feed loves her, other people don't. What's really representative of the whole? Who knows. Have just learned that they weren't allowed to add her into the early designs until recently, so she's not in the first wave but will be coming in a later wave.

It had been giving the impression they were deliberately taking her out of things that originally had her in, Jenny did a good thread on it. https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1180209933154840576
@californiagirl

Well sure, we can only offer our own anecdotal evidence about the character's popularity, but I'm pretty sure that a giant company like Disney has an entire department devoted to tracking and analysing the responses and data, toy sales etc.?
@Saracene

This. Iger runs a business with shareholders. He has to answer to them about returns.

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 05 Oct 2019, 4:44 am

@Saracene It's one thing if they push her less than they did for TLJ, but to cut her out of things she was supposed to be in just a short time, having alternate versions with or without her, and cutting her out of group pictures seems like more than just a concern over money. It honestly looks rather targeted, and paranoid, and a bit sloppy, like they can't decide what to do or how to do it. Like not a reasonable, "oh, this character isn't very popular," but rather like marketing is utterly terrified of invoking her, like the mouse house will fall down around their ears for her being present in the slightest. I hope Jannah/Naomi doesn't suffer a similar fate post-TROS.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sat 05 Oct 2019, 5:36 am

rey09 wrote:
nana7marie wrote:@arlath_ma has just posted another vague and encouraging tweet:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 63f7a910
source
@nana7marie

omg guys remember when last trailer for 8 came out and we all freaking eXpLoDeD after kylo hand scene. I was screaming and jumping up and down. Dear God wonder what gem they are giving us in this one.
@rey09

@SheLitAFire

@Lily Snape

when the last jedi trailer came out I saw the reaction of the trailer on youtube. a man near the end of the trailer said with joy: Reylo lives, Reylo lives!!!
It was a touching and beautiful moment. See how a fan rejoices for something he believes in despite other people thinking wrong

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sat 05 Oct 2019, 5:42 am

The stormtroopers captured Rey omg read this I’m dead Shocked

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 B874706df9394080d5b2d2a999691f52d83aaab9

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 De0691abfdd9d7b796d21b460bd237c3d4fe5c02

This isn’t a fanfiction I repeat this isn’t a fanfiction it’s canon !!

look this pictures , so damn cool, they are a beautifull match!!!

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 Tumblr_pyv1zwY0Ju1ytgu9ro1_500

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 Tumblr_pyvf2qMGmo1ytgu9ro1_500
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sat 05 Oct 2019, 6:38 am

@Teo oswald OMG I remember that video! It was awesome, his reaction was so pure https://youtu.be/Spn6oWIbgmA
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Sat 05 Oct 2019, 6:49 am

Are they holding haands???
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Sat 05 Oct 2019, 6:55 am

@motherofpearl1
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I’ve seen rumours about Oct 14th or... Oct 7th. I lean towards Oct 14th, I’m honestly not ready for the day after tomorrow Razz .
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:15 am

Teo oswald wrote:The stormtroopers captured Rey omg read this I’m dead Shocked

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 B874706df9394080d5b2d2a999691f52d83aaab9

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 De0691abfdd9d7b796d21b460bd237c3d4fe5c02

@Teo oswald

Are these images official?
If yes, it's really great to see them together, canonically marketed as a power couple. Even after TLJ I was gaslighted on forums for even imagining their pairing. I almost, almost forgive them for having Kylo masked in this phase, could you imagine these same pictures with his face open! Laughing
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sat 05 Oct 2019, 8:58 am

MaddieDove wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:The stormtroopers captured Rey omg read this I’m dead Shocked

@Teo oswald

Are these images official?
If yes, it's really great to see them together, canonically marketed as a power couple. Even after TLJ I was gaslighted on forums for even imagining their pairing. I almost, almost forgive them for having Kylo masked in this phase, could you imagine these same pictures with his face open! Laughing
@MaddieDove

unfortunately they are not official Sad #reyloedit reylomanip
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 05 Oct 2019, 9:14 am

Well, it was a nice dream.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 05 Oct 2019, 10:19 am

nana7marie wrote:@motherofpearl1
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I’ve seen rumours about Oct 14th or... Oct 7th. I lean towards Oct 14th, I’m honestly not ready for the day after tomorrow Razz .
@nana7marie

Regardless, I am not ready only because I know the theatre servers will probably not be prepared for the internet traffic, and ugh. lol

Most of us are all available Monday night, so it's going to be...a journey! Hoping I'll luck out - if not, there is always late Monday, early Tuesday or Tuesday morning to give it a try again, when it happens. haha
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Sat 05 Oct 2019, 10:52 am

californiagirl wrote:@Saracene It's one thing if they push her less than they did for TLJ, but to cut her out of things she was supposed to be in just a short time, having alternate versions with or without her, and cutting her out of group pictures seems like more than just a concern over money. It honestly looks rather targeted, and paranoid, and a bit sloppy, like they can't decide what to do or how to do it. Like not a reasonable, "oh, this character isn't very popular," but rather like marketing is utterly terrified of invoking her, like the mouse house will fall down around their ears for her being present in the slightest. I hope Jannah/Naomi doesn't suffer a similar fate post-TROS.
@californiagirl

There was a lot I didn't like about TLJ, but I liked Rose a lot. Her on/off appearance in promo materials is curious. Also, her appearance in those promo materials seems to be all from one photo of her, in which her hair is neatly tied back and she's in a very utilitarian uniform. It just screams "This character is not going to see very much action". That could be a misdirect but it's hard to imagine a scenario where that would make sense.

My impression is that she is just not a major part of the movie and doesn't see much action. That could be that J.J. just doesn't love her character. Rian kind of sidelined Phasma and Maz in the same way. Maybe they wanted to clear her out somehow in favor of Jannah.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 05 Oct 2019, 11:09 am

@fuhry I have a difficult time imagining them bothering to promote her to commander and not using her. Kelly mentioned being in action scenes as well. Other characters with very little screentime like Phasma get tons of merch, while Rey herself didn't for a while. It only changed after people threw an online fit about it. It would also be odd if Jannah replaced Rose, given Kelly and Naomi were paired up for the livestream.

It's not just the exclusion being bad, my corner of Twitter won't get over it (even Mar noticed), but it's this frankly bizarre mystery of will they won't they, with Rose appearing and disappearing from a wide array of things. Like they don't know whether to stick to their guns or jump overboard, so the effect is a lack of consistency. I've never seen anything quite like it. It honestly looks a bit amateurish.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 05 Oct 2019, 11:10 am

It's a shame that so many people didn't like her character.
Frankly I loved her, but it was largely due to Kelly - if it wasn't for her warm and friendly performance she might have been irritating. Rose was the heart of the movie for me. If you look closely at the characters all of them made mistakes. A lot of male viewers moaned that the women were 'oerfect', while the men were made to look like fools, but the women were equally flawed. Holdo made the mistake of humiliating Poe - I know he could be an idiot, but she didn't have to ridicule him further, Leia had already done that by demoting him. Rey was too impulsive - she attacked Luke when he turned his back on her, and although a lot of people disagree with me I still think Rey should never have reached for that lightsabre.
Rose started off as a fanatic - I didn't blame any of the Resistance for jumping ship, that was being human, they didn't deserve to be branded traitors for being afraid.
But at the end of the film Rose had learned the most powerful message of all. Life is more important than glory. And stronger than hate. If Kelly is to have a smaller role, I hope it's one that counts.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sat 05 Oct 2019, 11:43 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:It's a shame that so many people didn't like her character.
Frankly I loved her, but it was largely due to Kelly - if it wasn't for her warm and friendly performance she might have been irritating. Rose was the heart of the movie for me. If you look closely at the characters all of them made mistakes. A lot of male viewers moaned that the women were 'oerfect', while the men were made to look like fools, but the women were equally flawed. Holdo made the mistake of humiliating Poe - I know he could be an idiot, but she didn't have to ridicule him further, Leia had already done that by demoting him. Rey was too impulsive - she attacked Luke when he turned his back on her, and although a lot of people disagree with me I still think Rey should never have reached for that lightsabre.
Rose started off as a fanatic - I didn't blame any of the Resistance for jumping ship, that was being human, they didn't deserve to be branded traitors for being afraid.
But at the end of the film Rose had learned the most powerful message of all. Life is more important than glory. And stronger than hate. If Kelly is to have a smaller role, I hope it's one that counts.
@motherofpearl1

I agree with you when you said that, if it wasn't for the actress, the character would be irritating. I liked Rose character, the problem is that her plot with Finn - and the whole Canto Bight debacle - was kinda boring and meaningless. Now, when I rewatch TLJ I use to skip that part.

Realistic talking, people would be more interested in buying a flashing toy of Phasma than a human character. I mean, kids like flashy things.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 05 Oct 2019, 12:25 pm

Nah it's because Disney/LF licenses out the movie properties to third parties to make merch and that then gets sold out to retailers. Same thing happened with Rey for TFA's launch and they vendors got called to the carpet for it. Poor Daisy has even alluded to having to sit through meetings with people on the marketing side of things and getting things which likely were super sexist/sh**ty. Same thing happening here - studio licensed out the merch, vendors deliberately removed Rose because they either know about the sh**ty misogynistic and racist backlash the character and actress faced *and* the retailers they then sold it to either were fine with that for the same reasons or just don't care. I posted the Slashfilm article to a pop culture discussion group I belong to on FB and another member said a friend who works in retailing saw this happen with the Black Widow character being removed from Marvel stuff. Which in that situation, the retailer told them, "we're not selling anything unless she's included" and they put back the images they erased tout de suite. Beyond that, any "it didn't sell well...she was just not a popular/well written character" type of nonsense is just straight up bullshit trying to hand wave off the very real misogyny and racism behind it. And LF had better step up and say something to their vendors (which how the f**k could they not know this was going on given their marketing for the event) after their public displays of "we support KMT" and then having her do that whole launch event. JJ had better write a role for her in every single TV show and movie he does after this because at this point, they fu**king owe her for putting her thought this.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Sat 05 Oct 2019, 12:49 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:It's a shame that so many people didn't like her character.
@motherofpearl1

I liked Rose’s character, but I think they made the mistake of making her the person announcing the moral of the story one too many times. She gets to announce that people are making money off the war and that the wealthy, beautiful town they live in is ugly because of it, and she tells Finn that they’re fighting to save what they love. I can see how she could come off as preachy given that she’s not an elder or a teacher. Yoda is straight-up preachy, and Maz delivers random wisdom and the moral of the story also, but they’re ancient aliens who have seen a lot— people seem to tolerate it from them. I guess people even tolerate it from Obi-Wan— but he’s in a teaching role to Anakin and Luke. And probably also— let’s be honest— he’s a white guy. Again, back to the racism and sexism. But probably part of it is that she’s Finn’s peer (and love interest) and she keeps educating him, and the audience. Kelly is warm and awesome enough to carry it off, but as far as the script goes, making the lessons she imparts more subtle might have helped with her character’s reception with some people.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next