Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+53
KiraRen2015
spacebaby45678
Atenais
Cowgirlsamurai
Chris24601
Nyx
Kyla Ren
krissy01
Blood Moon
Gemini
MrsWindu
Geralt_Riv
AcrosstheStars
Krafty
vinventure12
nickandnora
rey09
Kessel
Moonjump05
rawpowah
bashfulblueeyes3
giaciak2
Night Huntress
unicorn
Dar-ren19
special_cases
Moonlight13
SW_Heroine_Journey
Teo oswald
tukicarreno
Birdwoman
whisperingwillow
ZioRen
SkyStar
MaddieDove
fuhry
Armadeus
Mana
Lily Snape
Saracene
12 Parsnips
OrionStars
Kylo Rey
Mila95
Lovely_Rose
Riri
DeeBee
AhsokaTano
motherofpearl1
snufkin
californiagirl
nana7marie
SanghaRen
57 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 35 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Saracene Wed 09 Oct 2019, 4:50 am

Everyone will be satisfied with the ending? A biiiiiiig call Laughing Twisted Evil
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 35 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by OrionStars Wed 09 Oct 2019, 5:17 am

Every generation has a legend

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 35 BUutJgy

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 35 SZpleXi
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 09 Oct 2019, 5:20 am

Riri wrote:Anthony interview

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/df9w00/star_wars_the_rise_of_skywalker_anthony_daniels/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

-Was  there  during the filming of the official poster scene, says it took them 6  days to film that scene. It was brutal because it was in  November and  it was non-stop wave after wave. Gave huge props to Daisy and Adam for  going through that. Called Daisy a true character hero in the trilogy  and in no way, because she's a feminine character, was it   politically  driven.

-Is aware of the fan  division, reads and hears that some fans are saying they will never  watch TROS, says he doesn't believe it because this film is the final  one, and he believes they'll be first in line.

-   Says he was but decor for the last two films of the ST, but that he  definitely, for once, is involved a lot as he's part of the hero's  adventure.

-Says everyone will be   satisfied with the ending, called JJ a brilliant mind as well as Chris  Terrio, as they really gathered all the scattered storyline pieces  and  concluded them. Says there is something for everyone in this movie  from  darkside lovers to light side.

-Confirms  that R2 will be in a desert scene, where he explained that because he  can't really see, he has to pretend to see R2, and at one point in  TROS,  he has to put his hand on R2 as he usually does but that they took R2's helmet off this time, so he almost fell over. Had a laugh.  Says R2 is played by an actor called Hassan, at least for that scene.

Says the film has a lot of secrets. What he means by that is anyone's guess.

Had gone through them. Nothing really popped out.

-He hated the sand in Jordan because, well,  got in everywhere while wearing the suit.

-Said Adam is extremely physical in this film, but we sort of knew this.

-Lots of new characters, like always.

- Said that since it's the last one, he believes all generations from families will enjoy it. From grandparents to kids. Everyone will have something to share with each other after the film.

——————

Anthony Daniel says Adam is extremely physical in this movie, which is pretty much a given as he is the Supreme Leader but I’m mostly here for his emotional scenes!
@Riri

thanks for this post. I love reading comments from actors who were actually there during filming as opposed to fanboy leaks... I can feel their mood through their words and it gives me great hope

Grandpa CP30 really knows his star wars family and he has their number... ITA.. the haters will be first in line..

6 days to shoot the fight in the water.. that is going to be ROTS Mustafar level battle

Everyone satisfied with the ending...mmm.

I don't think Rey Nobody was EVER a satisfying answer to Rey's lineage... I don't think  Rey Palpatine fixes that problem... Rey Palpy, Dead Ben Solo, and Rey Palpy taking on the Skywalker mantel at the end does not scream SATISFYING to me... Buttface palpy destroyed too many lives to have his descendant be the win at the end.. that still gives Palpy a win.. he would win the endgame even in his death it would be a moral victory for him to merge his dna with the skywalkers for future generations... NO THANKS!

I am coming out as saying I don't ship Rey Palps and my Boy Kylo.. nope now way now how... that is some Darkside magic incest as I currently understand the story today... JJ & Terrio would have to do some major retcons of ROTS to get me on that ship

I was satisfied with the end of ROTS... that ending of that trilogy was very tragic but fulfilling and cathartic... so TROS is going to have to have those elements to be satisfying

1. destruction and obliteration of the main villain Palpatine... don't even leave his DNA behind in a descendant...
2. babies
3. a Kenobi
4. a couple looking at the twin suns on Tatooine.

Aha!!! R2 is in the last scene on Tatooin.. oh Anthony.. ... Laughing

So let's see if JJ & Terrio go there
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Wed 09 Oct 2019, 6:11 am

There's an ETA that's interesting: He says the film has a LOT of secrets.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 09 Oct 2019, 6:24 am

nickandnora wrote:There's an ETA that's interesting: He says the film has a LOT of secrets.
@nickandnora
We need answers tho lol!
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Wed 09 Oct 2019, 8:29 am

@Gemini What Anthony Daniels says indicates to me that Rey Palpatine is a myth.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 09 Oct 2019, 8:46 am

So now I really want to see behind the scenes for the 6 day shoot, must capture glorious Adam and Daisy content!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 09 Oct 2019, 9:03 am

fuhry wrote:@Gemini What Anthony Daniels says indicates to me that Rey Palpatine is a myth.
@fuhry

Its a fake scene shown by JJ to journalists methinks.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 09 Oct 2019, 9:27 am

Frankly I'm not interested in Rey's parentage. Han Solo was a 'nobody' who didn't even know his surname, and he became a legend!

All I want is a happy ending for Reylo.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 09 Oct 2019, 9:31 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:Frankly I'm not interested in Rey's parentage. Han Solo was a 'nobody' who didn't even know his surname, and he became a legend!

@motherofpearl1

A lot of people are interested though.

Han was never the main protagonist of the trilogy he did not need a lineage. Luke, the protagonist, did.

Rey is not a side character, Rey is not a simple love interest of the main chatacter like Padme either. She is the main character and hero. Kylo is her love interest.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 09 Oct 2019, 9:48 am

Yeah Kylo the Heroine's Temptress.. show her your tiddies Kylo!!

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 35 Original

Obi Wan whispers... You will be tempted, you cannot help yourself, you must face it alone..

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 09 Oct 2019, 10:04 am

That scene still gets me!
I have to say I was really disappointed that JJ said Kylo will be keeping his shirt on in TROS!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 09 Oct 2019, 10:16 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:That scene still gets me!
I have to say I was really disappointed that JJ said Kylo will be keeping his shirt on in TROS!
@motherofpearl1

That is a sad day when we cant see kylo half nekkid Sad
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 09 Oct 2019, 10:29 am

I remember Jean Grey telekinetically pulling Logan's clothes off in The Last Stand.
How I wish Rey would do that!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 09 Oct 2019, 12:18 pm

I love hearing from an old-timer who's been in every one of the saga films, even more movies than Mark himself. So hearing him say those people will be the first in line is hilarious, Anthony knows what it's about, he's been around the block too many times. They came to every prequel even if they hated them, they've gone to the ST movies even if they endlessly complained about them both.

I was always suspect of the Rey Palpatine thing, but with the return of the character, that's a great misdirect if you're trying to keep the actual movie secret. No, they can't make everyone happy, some people actively want to hate it, but seeing how upbeat the entire cast is (except Mark, lol), in contrast to the GoT S8 cast, or even how much the Endgame cast was entirely in the dark about their own movie, is really encouraging. At least they're exuding confidence, and like they actually know what they're talking about, revolutionary stuff right here.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 09 Oct 2019, 12:44 pm

Anthony is the oldest vet in the movie, I think he knows more than the leakers.
One thing I have to say.....if Kylo is possessed by Palpatine and asks Rey to kill him.... I'd love it if she couldn't do it. All his life the 'greater good' came first. It's highly unlikely but it would be nice if for once someone put him first.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Wed 09 Oct 2019, 1:30 pm

nickandnora wrote:There's an ETA that's interesting: He says the film has a LOT of secrets.
@nickandnora

That's what I want to hear! Jason Ward knows nothing. Case closed. Wink
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 09 Oct 2019, 3:33 pm

Gemini wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:Frankly I'm not interested in Rey's parentage. Han Solo was a 'nobody' who didn't even know his surname, and he became a legend!

@motherofpearl1

A lot of people are interested though.

Han was never the main protagonist of the trilogy he did not need a lineage. Luke, the protagonist, did.

Rey is not a side character, Rey is not a simple love interest of the main chatacter like Padme either. She is the main character and hero. Kylo is her love interest.

I know that many Reylos don't care about Rey's lineage or why she even cares about this greater Skywalker saga. Just as long as she loves Kylo and there is a happy ending for Reylo. But believe you me JJ and Terrio know that the majority the general audiences cares? Just look at Terrio's laser focus..

One of them is a simple one: ‘Who is Rey?’
, which is a question that people not only wonder about quite literally, but wonder about in the spiritual sense. How can Rey become the spiritual heir to the Jedi? We kept coming back to ‘Who is Rey?’, and how can we give the most satisfying answer to that not only factually – because obviously people are interested in whether there’s more to be learned of Rey’s story – but more importantly who is she as a character? How will she find the courage and will and inner strength and power to carry on what she’s inherited?The second one is, ‘How strong is the Force? … What is the Force and how strong is the Force?’ Those two things were really important.”

Why does he keep coming back to that... because it is an essential question that has somehow not been eked out as much as it should have already over two movies.

I am happy that Terrio and JJ "get it" and are not trying to shame the audience.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 09 Oct 2019, 4:26 pm

TROS trailer drops October 21, Monday night football

this sees to contradict the above

New TROS trailer already being received by theaters
Just got word from my friend who's a projectionist. It's locked (can't be opened right now) and set to go in front of Maleficent 2 (as speculated). I asked him about the running time, waiting for an answer.

r/starwarsspeculationRadioJawa4h ago

Supposed to be put in front of Maleficent 2 which debuts 10/17

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Wed 09 Oct 2019, 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 09 Oct 2019, 5:07 pm

You are all being deceived (re: the recent leaks) + new info
A month ago, I posted about a friend of mine who has some inside knowledge of TROS. You can see that here: https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/cvq11d/some_solid_info_from_a_friend_a_resulting_theory/

My friend, even to me, has been VERY careful to share things. "You will see when it comes out!" That being said, he has been uncharacteristically less coy about the recent leaks. He does NOT think it is a coincidence that all of those leaks came out very shortly after I posted what I did. It was way, way too close to starting to address real plot points, so he thinks Disney or Lucasfilm or Bad Robot or someone decided to start putting out fake leaks mixed in with real stuff to the "respected" leakers to hide this post and anything that might result from it.

I did get a bit more info from him recently. Nothing major, or more than I know about the overall plot.

He said to combine what I said in my last post with the lesson learned in TLJ with the seemingly innocuous broom boy. The democratization of the Force is a large "lesson" of the sequels. He mentioned that this isn't just due to lore. Disney needed a way to branch out of the Skywalker family while still continuing a "main" story in this galaxy.

The "lore" reasoning is basically that Rey will learn that the "Jedi Order" was never mean to be an order as much as a "club" of people who realized they were force sensitive and set out to support each other, master their force powers to avoid harming people, and learn the will of this mysterious power they were given. The "Sith" branched off as those who believed that they should master the force, not allow the force to master them. The Dark Side was NOT their goal. He says it is more like when the Sith tried to "master" the force, the "Dark Side" was able to consume them and find a path to control. He made it sound kind of like the most recent season of Stranger Things for those of you who watch, the people who get "infected" by the monster thing from the other universe.

However by the time of TROS the Sith/Darkside discrepancy is no longer relevant. It's only purpose is to explain some of Palpatine's actions, which I am told I will learn when I watch it.

He said the movie is much "bigger" than described in the leaks. He said to believe JJ when he says it is about ending 1000 years of history, and to look forward to it.

So what did he say IS true from the leaks?

He told me there IS a Sith Dagger but wouldn't say what it does. He said the nature of the Force Bond will definitely be explored, and he said that Dark Rey is a vision..."from a certain point of view."

Anyway, not really many detauls about the movie, just in some of the lore behind it (which given my friend's position it makes sense he would know about that - but again I will not share).

r/starwarsspeculationchris413361d ago
18 points38 comments

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 09 Oct 2019, 6:53 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:TROS trailer drops October 21, Monday night football

this sees to contradict the above

New TROS trailer already being received by theaters
Just got word from my friend who's a projectionist. It's locked (can't be opened right now) and set to go in front of Maleficent 2 (as speculated). I asked him about the running time, waiting for an answer.

r/starwarsspeculationRadioJawa4h ago

Supposed to be put in front of Maleficent 2 which debuts 10/17
@spacebaby45678

If the goal is that the TV (and internet) audience sees the trailer after the Maleficent 2 theatrical audience, then it's not a contradiction.

So, it's either 10/14 - everyone sees it on TV/internet, then in front of Maleficent 2

or

10/21 - Maleficent 2 theatrical audience views it first, then everyone else on the TV/internet on 10/21.

Either way, yay it's around the corner! I'm hoping the movie theatre website cooperates for time of purchase. I don't want to repeat Avengers: Endgame ticket purchasing wackiness. lol
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 09 Oct 2019, 7:54 pm

I just remembered, it's the two year anniversary of the TLJ trailer! Smile Wonder if they can top the insanity that caused. I suspect it goes out next Monday, if I had to guess.

Terrio spent most of his paragraph talking about how they are exploring who Rey is spiritually, as a character and person, struggling with the Jedi legacy she's been given, and claimed it was more important than the literal question of who she is. I don't think one is entirely hinged to the other, or Rey is just kind of a hollow shell getting jerked around by whatever her last name is. That Terrio gave such a great interview about Rey, Kylo, their dynamic, and all of the SW saga for that Empire cover and what most of fandom at large took away from it was just more parentage theories is honestly a bit discouraging. Like nothing else matters, or nothing is more important than this singular point, and all else must revolve around it or everything is futile and the character is useless and there's no point to the ST. My only concern is that the phrasing is a little baity, as is the title of TROS, and much of the marketing and branding around the film, actually. At least the Snoke theories stopped. Very Happy
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Wed 09 Oct 2019, 11:18 pm

californiagirl wrote:That Terrio gave such a great interview about Rey, Kylo, their dynamic, and all of the SW saga for that Empire cover and what most of fandom at large took away from it was just more parentage theories is honestly a bit discouraging.
@californiagirl

I don't know, I'm still waiting for anyone involved to discuss the Rey and Kylo dynamic from Rey's point of view? We keep hearing how "complicated" it is, but so far it only sounds complicated on Kylo's side. The only indication that Rey cares about Ben at all after TLJ is from some novel nobody knows or cares about except the diehards.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 10 Oct 2019, 1:05 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:You are all being deceived (re: the recent leaks) + new info
A month ago, I posted about a friend of mine who has some inside knowledge of TROS. You can see that here: https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/cvq11d/some_solid_info_from_a_friend_a_resulting_theory/

My friend, even to me, has been VERY careful to share things. "You will see when it comes out!" That being said, he has been uncharacteristically less coy about the recent leaks. He does NOT think it is a coincidence that all of those leaks came out very shortly after I posted what I did. It was way, way too close to starting to address real plot points, so he thinks Disney or Lucasfilm or Bad Robot or someone decided to start putting out fake leaks mixed in with real stuff to the "respected" leakers to hide this post and anything that might result from it.

I did get a bit more info from him recently. Nothing major, or more than I know about the overall plot.

He said to combine what I said in my last post with the lesson learned in TLJ with the seemingly innocuous broom boy. The democratization of the Force is a large "lesson" of the sequels. He mentioned that this isn't just due to lore. Disney needed a way to branch out of the Skywalker family while still continuing a "main" story in this galaxy.

The "lore" reasoning is basically that Rey will learn that the "Jedi Order" was never mean to be an order as much as a "club" of people who realized they were force sensitive and set out to support each other, master their force powers to avoid harming people, and learn the will of this mysterious power they were given. The "Sith" branched off as those who believed that they should master the force, not allow the force to master them. The Dark Side was NOT their goal. He says it is more like when the Sith tried to "master" the force, the "Dark Side" was able to consume them and find a path to control. He made it sound kind of like the most recent season of Stranger Things for those of you who watch, the people who get "infected" by the monster thing from the other universe.

However by the time of TROS the Sith/Darkside discrepancy is no longer relevant. It's only purpose is to explain some of Palpatine's actions, which I am told I will learn when I watch it.

He said the movie is much "bigger" than described in the leaks. He said to believe JJ when he says it is about ending 1000 years of history, and to look forward to it.

So what did he say IS true from the leaks?

He told me there IS a Sith Dagger but wouldn't say what it does. He said the nature of the Force Bond will definitely be explored, and he said that Dark Rey is a vision..."from a certain point of view."

Anyway, not really many detauls about the movie, just in some of the lore behind it (which given my friend's position it makes sense he would know about that - but again I will not share).

r/starwarsspeculationchris413361d ago
18 points38 comments

@spacebaby45678

To me it was so beyond obvious the leaks were mainly fake. I'm happy I never fell for them if this is true.

1. They were incredibly underwhelming and  not making sense to anything set up in the saga so far. Direct opposite of what the director has been saying.
2. They are not really matching anything the marketing is putting out.
3. They were quite obviously trying to match what we saw on the trailer/s it was a little too convenient. They also didnt match well and read like a fan fic.
4. Rey Palpatine is literally the most ridiculous, laughable   anti climactic thing ever. Rey palpatine is not matching what JJ is describing. Nor does it match the posters, toys and marketing.
5. Kylo remaining dead is not matching what JJ is describing.
6. I'm glad these "respected leakers" have been duped. I dont know why, I just find it hilarious. They all scramble to be the first to get all the attention and act like they know something no one else knows. Then you have others who somehow take the information before it gets leaked (clearly through connection to the leaker) and then they act like its their opinion to make themselves look like they guessed right when the leak drops the next hour or day. Very Happy
7. JJ is smart, I think he has been hiding the actual secrets incredibly well. Good.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 10 Oct 2019, 1:38 am

Does anyone remember way back Daisy saying she didn't think Rey would end up a Jedi?
Maybe she was misdirecting? Or does it mean a 'new' kind of Jedi?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next