Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+58
unicorn
TheLastJedi
Krafty
Socialnole
Blood Moon
Nyx
Chris24601
nonesuch
EchoBase
Moonjump05
Forsythia
whisperingwillow
cherrylipstick
vinventure12
Dar-ren19
Armadeus
Mana
SoloSideCousin
Lily Snape
KiraRen2015
Geralt_Riv
motherofpearl1
FrolickingFizzgig
Mila95
MaddieDove
vaderito
Kylo Rey
olyer
Kyla Ren
Kylo Men
snufkin
Atenais
spacebaby45678
SW_Heroine_Journey
Gemini
Moonlight13
rawpowah
nana7marie
Lovely_Rose
AhsokaTano
SkyStar
Night Huntress
Casper
OrionStars
Teo oswald
SanghaRen
PalmettoBlue
special_cases
rey09
californiagirl
AcrosstheStars
Cowgirlsamurai
Saracene
Riri
nickandnora
ZioRen
lauvamp
fuhry
62 posters

Page 2 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 42  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by PalmettoBlue Wed 30 Oct 2019, 11:21 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@Atenais

She doesn’t go to Luke just because the Resistance sent her though.

“Whomever you are waiting for on Jakku, they're never coming back. But, there's someone who still could."
"Luke"
“The belonging you seek is not behind you, it is ahead.”

This gives Rey hope that Luke is the person who will take her in. He will care about her even if it’s just because she’s Force sensitive and asking for his help. Then she becomes disillusioned after his cold welcome. When he asks why SHE’S here she says with no emotion in her voice and without meeting his eyes, “The Resistance sent me.” Because she came with personal expectations of Luke.

She could’ve gone back to Jakku after Starkiller base, but she knows her family’s gone, so she may as well seek her belonging elsewhere as Maz suggested.

Yes, she has been swept up in this story, but I don’t feel like she’s a pawn of the Force.
@Cowgirlsamurai

Exactly. Exactly. (I feel like Matt the Radar Tech!)
I really appreciate you bringing TFA with very specific quotes back into this discussion - that was JJ’s baby, after all. And he is ending this trilogy. So, while he did like TLJ, by most accounts, he’s probably going to draw on TFA as well as TLJ.
Wait - don’t I remember that the sound design seemed to include a “Ben” in that scene? I swear it did.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by AcrosstheStars Thu 31 Oct 2019, 3:58 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey
Not knowing if she was claiming to have inside information or just talking about what’s out there for all to find, that just jumped out at me. If someone’s claiming to have juicy information for one film but it’s been plastered all over the internet for awhile, I’m assuming they’re likely not talking about pictures we haven’t seen when it comes to their comments about TROS, if that makes sense? I get your point though! It is nice to see people in media open to or excited by Bendemption.

(In terms of sharing those scoops, I’m no help, I’m sorry! I stay spoiler free for most movies. TROS is currently my only exception. Should be easy to find though, since most of my friends have read it all.)

@PalmettoBlue I remember with the volume up, after Maz says the people she was waiting for are never coming back, but there’s someone who still could, it sounded like a voice said “It’s Ben” before Rey said “Luke.” Could have just been a weird sound effect, but I heard it too, long before I ever read Star Wars forums or reddit or any of that, and I have good hearing. I took that as a sign (beyond the obvious themes of Star Wars) that JJ at least envisioned Bendemption.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 31 Oct 2019, 5:04 am

Ladies and gents.

I need a bit of help here. A notion came to me the other night.

What is Rey doing on the death star if she hasn't even been told of her connection to Palpatine yet?

What is she looking for?

I think wayfinders are code words for other things like the dagger, which will tell her about her mother. I'm betting someone has told her to look on the remnants of the 1st or 2nd death star to find the answer to her paternal lineage.

Kylo is trying to stop her at every turn and it's here he tells her she's a palpy?

I also think the death star search happens after the Kylo room scene? he still has his helmet on there.

Rey is smashing Vader's helmet podium, looking for this key to her paternal lineage? Something Vader may have taken?:
Image from Skywalker Saga Book.
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Screen11

This same saber that Kylo actually has on his possession, the key he holds to the saga? This second blue lightsaber that gives all the answers?

Im guessing Rey Palpatine is Sheev and Kylos attempt at stopping Rey from finding out who she is. When Kylo is Redeemed he will let Rey see. Finally with this saber.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 31 Oct 2019, 6:30 am

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Apologies if this was already discussed...

@spacebaby45678 @AhsokaTano I thought both of you would be intrigued about this because of the word ascension

Apparently, the French title for TROS is L'ascension de Skywalker (English translation The ascent of Skywalker, based on quick research, a direct translation of TRoS would be L'augmentation de Skywalker - anyone, please correct me if I am wrong, so I am !! of the ascension use, instead. However, if grammatical normal in French, please disregard.)

Seems to be a major trend, within Star Wars, with Twitter, which is how I found out about it. Smile Very Happy
@SW_Heroine_Journey

as·cen·sion
/əˈsen(t)SH(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the act of rising to an important position or a higher level.
"his ascension to the ranks of pop star"
the ascent of Christ into heaven on the fortieth day after the Resurrection.
noun: Ascension

Wow that is interesting isn't it....I have always took the TROS title to mean resurrection. But which Skywalker? Ben? Anakin? Both?Or is Skywalker now a "title" that Rey rises to in TROS... GOD FORBID!!!....

Now when to the dual nature of Christ... The Skywalker men are the archetype dying and rising god/christ portion of this two pronged christ act. There is the sigil of Pluto on the TROS teaser poster behind Kylo/Ben so he has to be the Skywalker rising....if you look at the header for this forum it is a pic of Rey/Kylo or Reylo.. I swear there is on the right eye of Kylo's mask a flame/spark that resembles and eagle in full flight/gliding...

A dying-and-rising, death-rebirth, or resurrection deity is a religious motif in which a god or goddess dies and is resurrected "Death or departure of the gods" Examples of gods who die and later return to life are most often cited from the religions of the Ancient Near East, and traditions influenced by them include Biblical and Greco-Roman mythology and by extension Christianity. The concept of a dying-and-rising god was first proposed in comparative mythology by James Frazer's seminal The Golden Bough (1890). Frazer associated the motif with fertility rites surrounding the yearly cycle of vegetation. Frazer cited the examples of Osiris, Tammuz, Adonis and Attis, Dionysus and Jesus Christ.

Scorpio is a multidimensional sign with both an ancient ruler (Mars) and a modern ruler (Pluto). The ancient rulers of the multidimensional signs tend to show where we can get stuck in stereotypes, and the modern rulers show the transformational pathway.

Scorpio has not just two symbols but three: the Scorpion, the Eagle and the Phoenix. Scorpio fearlessly delves into the darker emotions of the human psyche; like the Scorpion, the Scorpio personality prefers to crawl low to the ground, hiding in hidden corners and is prepared to sting and destroy if threatened in any way.

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Thu 31 Oct 2019, 2:53 pm

@spacebaby45678 @AhsokaTano  I thought both of you would be intrigued about this because of the word ascension

Apparently, the French title for TROS is L'ascension de Skywalker (English translation The ascent of Skywalker, based on quick research, a direct translation of TRoS would be L'augmentation de Skywalker - anyone, please correct me if I am wrong, so I am !! of the ascension use, instead.  However, if grammatical normal in French, please disregard.)

Seems to be a major trend, within Star Wars, with Twitter, which is how I found out about it.   Smile Very Happy
@SW_Heroine_Journey

French girl, here. “Ascension” was the only way to translate it, I don’t see what other word they could have used. You climb up a mountain, it’s called “ascension”. “Augmentation” has the meaning of increasing something (a price for instance). “Ascension” is the only word that conveys the meaning of rise in the context of the title: going up to achieve a target. You cannot translate words one to one no matter how much translation software producers want you to believe that, there is always a context to consider - I studied technical translation long ago.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 31 Oct 2019, 3:10 pm

SanghaRen wrote:

@spacebaby45678 @AhsokaTano  I thought both of you would be intrigued about this because of the word ascension

Apparently, the French title for TROS is L'ascension de Skywalker (English translation The ascent of Skywalker, based on quick research, a direct translation of TRoS would be L'augmentation de Skywalker - anyone, please correct me if I am wrong, so I am !! of the ascension use, instead.  However, if grammatical normal in French, please disregard.)

Seems to be a major trend, within Star Wars, with Twitter, which is how I found out about it.   Smile Very Happy
@SW_Heroine_Journey

French girl, here. “Ascension” was the only way to translate it, I don’t see what other word they could have used. You climb up a mountain, it’s called “ascension”. “Augmentation” has the meaning of increasing something (a price for instance). “Ascension” is the only word that conveys the meaning of rise in the context of the title: going up to achieve a target. You cannot translate words one to one no matter how much translation software producers want you to believe that, there is always a context to consider - I studied technical translation long ago.
@SanghaRen

Thank you, luv!!! Very Happy Smile

Meta is definitely in SW, yet sometimes, not everything is meta or tinfoil tiara. This was not one of them! (Takes off tinfoil tiara)

(Darn it, twitter was a dog toy, and I chased it like an excited dog! haha) Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Thu 31 Oct 2019, 3:34 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Titles are always difficult to translate especially the SW ones. It has to be short, sound good and if possible not convey the wrong message. I doubt the translators receive any real context to make a title meta because let’s not forget that TLJ was translated plural masculine in so many countries and RJ said it was meant singular and probably neutral since RJ also said it means something at the beginning and something else at the end (one can assume Luke at the beginning, Rey at the end). L’ascension de Skywalker is a good one. They were lucky this time, it was not too difficult Smile
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 31 Oct 2019, 6:31 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@Atenais

She doesn’t go to Luke just because the Resistance sent her though.

“Whomever you are waiting for on Jakku, they're never coming back. But, there's someone who still could."
"Luke"
“The belonging you seek is not behind you, it is ahead.”

This gives Rey hope that Luke is the person who will take her in. He will care about her even if it’s just because she’s Force sensitive and asking for his help. Then she becomes disillusioned after his cold welcome. When he asks why SHE’S here she says with no emotion in her voice and without meeting his eyes, “The Resistance sent me.” Because she came with personal expectations of Luke.

She could’ve gone back to Jakku after Starkiller base, but she knows her family’s gone, so she may as well seek her belonging elsewhere as Maz suggested.

Yes, she has been swept up in this story, but I don’t feel like she’s a pawn of the Force.
@Cowgirlsamurai

If I remember well, right after this scene she decided to go back to Jakku. She just remained with the Resistance because she has been swept up in this story - as you said. Back in Jakku, when she already was an adult, her goal was to wait. Well, that's just my feeling.

SanghaRen wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey

Titles are always difficult to translate especially the SW ones. It has to be short, sound good and if possible not convey the wrong message. I doubt the translators receive any real context to make a title meta because let’s not forget that TLJ was translated plural masculine in so many countries and RJ said it was meant singular and probably neutral since RJ also said it means something at the beginning and something else at the end (one can assume Luke at the beginning, Rey at the end). L’ascension de Skywalker is a good one. They were lucky this time, it was not too difficult Smile
@SanghaRen

It's the same with Portuguese. Ascensão (or ascension) is a word often used in religion, but, in other hand, it's the only way to translate "rise", in the context of the title, since our word for "rise" would be even weirder.

One thing that makes me think, it's the the title had different translation in Portugal and Brazil and I don't know why. On Star Wars Portugal channel they're calling the movie of "A Ascensão de Skywalker", while in Brazil SW is called "A Ascensão Skywalker". The difference is: with "A Ascensão de Skywalker" this "de" is like the of, meaning the rise of someone. Without this "de" [of] we can interpret this as the rise of a whole thing, as a new order or something like that. It's weird.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 31 Oct 2019, 6:57 pm

satisfaction = happy?

it depends on P.O.V
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Thu 31 Oct 2019, 9:16 pm

Atenais wrote:
Saracene wrote:@Cowgirlsamurai

There might have been an element of Rey looking for a parental figure in Luke, but I feel like there are too many other things in the mix for it to be a clear-cut motivation. I.e., she also goes to Luke because she doesn't know what to do with her new force powers and wants a teacher, and also because the Resistance sent her to get Luke back and she wants to help the Resistance. It's like, if you've got too many different motivations for a character happening at once it can be just all too blurry.

Rey's arc in the last movie looks more promising, though I'm still sceptical on how much risk they'll actually be willing to take with her.
@Saracene

I am with you in this. I always liked Rey because, as you said, she is very likeable. But I believe the reason why I'm not that invested in her arc is because her story is too bland, IMO. And, yes, she looks more like a pawn of the Force. She left Jakku because it was necessary, in the beginning, she fought against this new journey, she wanted to go back to the planet, she bonded really faster with everybody and she went to Luke because the Resistance asked her to.

She was really independent in her choices for two times: when she went into the cave and when she sent herself to Kylo. After watching TLJ I thought she was a nobody, but since they started to talk about her parents again, I really want to know more about her. I don't think is vital, but it's a mystery box they should reveal.
@Atenais

I think the writers of ST had serious problems with how they wrote Rey in the past 4 years. She had no emotional/ physical struggle, her goal was unclear, and so on. Rey also got swept away from plot A to plot B in the blink of an eye without proper explanations, and they weren't even sure if they should keep Rey's parentage as a mystery box or not which led to an unnecessary war between Rey Nobody vs Rey Somebody. It's easy for people to accept Rey because she's a cute brunette girl with anime tsundere attitude, but that can't make people be attracted to her, that's why even the media has to seek out to other reasons such as Rey Solo, Rey Sky, or even Reylo after Reylo joined the mainstream as an excuse to connect Rey with the rest of the Skywalker saga.
There're plenty of SW characters, both male and female, who didn't need lineage to pass the test and become fans' favorite. And Rey is just not lucky enough to be one of them because the writers don't allow her to have anything truly interesting to offer people except the mystery of her lineage, so we have to come back to the tiresome topic of Rey's parentage again and again. I haven't watched TROS yet but LFL really screw Rey up if the leak about "Rey takes the Skywalker name" is true because from what I've seen, the moviegoers who know about the leak are already starting to celebrate because they think they won't have to get stuck with only Rey anymore and they will have more Skywalker out of her.  Sad
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 01 Nov 2019, 3:31 am

@OrionStars

@Saracene

So I bought this Sywalker Saga book. Every character has some sort of clear motivation and arc....except Rey.

All you get is:

"Rey is strong with a determination to survive"

"Rey wants to know who her family are."

And that's it

It's just some character moving forward as stuff happens and not really relating to anything around her.

Also, this writer says "Kylo agreed with rey"

When she said her parents were nobodies. So he probably wasnt lying. Who ever abandoned rey, she wholeheartedly believed them to be nobodies in that moment. Kylo was confirming.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper Fri 01 Nov 2019, 11:13 am

@Gemini

So, Kylo was just picking up on what Rey was feeling and what she herself believed in that moment.  That makes sense.  His connection is to her, not her past.  Kylo is her future, not her past.  Maz made that clear.

You know, trying to be the 'good' girl and do what's 'right' all the time doesn't always work.  At some point, I bet Rey is just gonna go, 'f**** it, I'm out of here.'  That could be when the dark side and Palps try to take her as their own.  It could also be when she reconnects with Kylo, like maybe she's resisting their connection until then.  I think that would help with her character development, and ultimately her discovery of who she really is (hopefully Rey Kenobi and a strong woman in her own right.)

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 01 Nov 2019, 12:02 pm

I always saw Kylo in the throne room about her parents to be a crueler version of the gentle version Maz gave in TFA. Rey more openly admits it in TLJ, but isn't really at peace with it yet. Didn't GL talk to a child psychologist for ROTJ, and they determined it was worth retreading Luke's parentage with other characters like Yoda the audience trusts, and that he really wasn't being lied to. I feel like that's going to happen to some extent in TROS.

Still, we're told there's more, and that goes with the Skywalker saga book too. Rey's arc isn't done, neither is Ben's, and the author Delilah Dawson says she doesn't know anything about IX. Neither does Jason Fry who did the TLJ book. So I'd still take adaptations of earlier movies with a grain of salt, since the people making them generally don't have any info about where the characters and story go after that.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 01 Nov 2019, 12:18 pm

Here:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 20191110

Also..just because it's pretty lol:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 20191111

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 20191112
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 03 Nov 2019, 6:31 am

kevin Smith and the last shot :
https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1152379091456163840?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1152379091456163840&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231152379091456163840

if the last scene is on Tatooine, well it will make me cry because everything started from there, but if the leaks are real, that scene doesn't create the hoped-for effect, on the contrary it will make the fans more angry. I am of the opinion that the leaks are fake, at least on Ben and on the fact of Rey as Palpatine and on the fact that she steals the Skywalker surname.
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sun 03 Nov 2019, 8:30 am

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 1503e910

These are TROS highlights from Anthony Daniels’ book. Does anyone know if JP mentioned this KOR chase scene in Kijimi?

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Sun 03 Nov 2019, 8:33 am

Teo oswald wrote:kevin Smith and the last shot :
https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1152379091456163840?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1152379091456163840&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231152379091456163840

if the last scene is on Tatooine, well it will make me cry because everything started from there, but if the leaks are real, that scene doesn't create the hoped-for effect, on the contrary it will make the fans more angry. I am of the opinion that the leaks are fake, at least on Ben and on the fact of Rey as Palpatine and on the fact that she steals the Skywalker surname.
@Teo oswald

Anthony Daniels said the script was often re-written https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/dqyagm/got_anthony_daniels_new_book_yesterday_and_read/

and fortunately, the leaks are also evolving and updating. So frankly, I suspect that the idea of Ben yeeting into the pit, Rey identity thieving the Skywalker name, princess Rey Palpy, resistance friends having a selfie on Tatooine were all existed at some points while JJ was writing the script. Now we just don't know what JJ had kept in his final script. And of course, there is a chance that Ben could survive the mess.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 03 Nov 2019, 8:57 am

The last shot sounds totally epic, I cant imagine rey palpatine, taking the Skywalker name walking into the sun set on Tatooine is significant or symbolic or awe inspiring in any way. It's a whimper.

I'm pretty sure JJ has hidden it well. The leaks we got, theres just no way that's the ending.

It only makes symbolic sense for two particular people to end up back on tatooine.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 03 Nov 2019, 9:43 am

I mean we already knew that the TROS script, and really most JJ scripts, change drastically, as did TFA. That doesn't mean the overall point of the movie or the basis of the character relationships or the answers to the big questions change. That's like the leakers claiming the entire movie is changing in reshoots just to cover their own butts, there's no indication it was an RO or BvS kind of situation. I question if some of the things we've heard were even considered at all. There's still so much of the film shrouded in mystery, even some of the leaks conflict with each other. So often, leaks are a mix of truth and utter nonsense, and it's hard to distinguish one from the other.

Wait, so 3PO doesn't die?
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Sun 03 Nov 2019, 9:45 am

californiagirl wrote:I mean we already knew that the TROS script, and really most JJ scripts, change drastically, as did TFA. That doesn't mean the overall point of the movie or the basis of the character relationships or the answers to the big questions change. That's like the leakers claiming the entire movie is changing in reshoots just to cover their own butts, there's no indication it was an RO or BvS kind of situation. I question if some of the things we've heard were even considered at all. There's still so much of the film shrouded in mystery, even some of the leaks conflict with each other. So often, leaks are a mix of truth and utter nonsense, and it's hard to distinguish one from the other.

Wait, so 3PO doesn't die?
@californiagirl

Yes, I very much think this refers to dialogue, logistics of getting from point A to point B, and allowances for a good idea or great conversations previously not thought of. I *don't * think it refers to Ben being thrown into a pit in one draft, and then being like, "Oh you know what? Not a great idea. Let's have the opposite happen."

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 03 Nov 2019, 10:07 am

@Teo oswald

I guess there are people willing to buy these leaks cause they seem not to understand how Rey Palpatine taking the Skywalker name after all the Skywalkers are dead would literally light the fandom on fire...

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Source

Or is it ... that there are a few picking and choosing  which leaks they believe and which they don't... like Rey Palps.. we can live with that but there is no way Ben is going to die, and of course we are going to get our Reylo happy ending?

I think it is the latter.. Yet I think it is a complete misread of the fandom if JJ/CT/LF et al ... think Rey Palps flies as a (concept)  and Ben lives to get redemption when there is a huge amount of fandom opposed to Bendemption...

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Giphy
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 03 Nov 2019, 10:56 am

OrionStars wrote:

@Teo oswald

Anthony Daniels said the script was often re-written https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/dqyagm/got_anthony_daniels_new_book_yesterday_and_read/

and fortunately, the leaks are also evolving and updating. So frankly, I suspect that the idea of Ben yeeting into the pit, Rey identity thieving the Skywalker name, princess Rey Palpy, resistance friends having a selfie on Tatooine were all existed at some points while JJ was writing the script. Now we just don't know what JJ had kept in his final script. And of course, there is a chance that Ben could survive the mess.
@OrionStars

yep , I had heard the rumor that JJ changed the script several times, and that Daisy and only very few people know the ending.
In fact there are many reasons that make me believe the JP and JW leaks are false on many aspects of the film.
the stressful thing is that many people, many people who have read these leaks do not go to the movies.
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sun 03 Nov 2019, 11:56 am

someone (on youtube or a podcast? I don't remember- sorry) explained that the JP & JW leaks are likely coming from a source that works for the company cutting footage for the trailer (LF don't do this kind of things themselves apparently).

That would explain why the leaks appeared shortly before the trailer, and why the leaker saw a lot of footage but missing the context and links between the scenes. It would also explain why some scenes in those leaks are explained in detail while some are missing completely.

IMO the trailer won't confirm all the leaks are true- but that the leaker saw footage for the trailer
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 03 Nov 2019, 1:14 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:

@Teo oswald

I guess there are people willing to buy these leaks cause they seem not to understand how Rey Palpatine taking the Skywalker name after all the Skywalkers are dead would literally light the fandom on fire...

Or is it ... that there are a few picking and choosing  which leaks they believe and which they don't... like Rey Palps.. we can live with that but there is no way Ben is going to die, and of course we are going to get our Reylo happy ending?

I think it is the latter.. Yet I think it is a complete misread of the fandom if JJ/CT/LF et al ... think Rey Palps flies as a (concept)  and Ben lives to get redemption when there is a huge amount of fandom opposed to Bendemption...

@spacebaby45678

uhm...but there is also a big part of the fandom that loves Reylo, since the release of the seventh episode, Reylo had his part, in the interviews they talked about Reylo. I have seen very few citations from the anti.
many people hate Ben-redeemed, but there is also a big slice that wants Ben redeemed and Reylo.
Who will win ?
in the last jedi Reylo has his moment, no doubt. So they can't deny that Reylo is there, (romantic or not) Reylo is there.
Any choice they will make,  disney will lose part of the fans anyway.
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 03 Nov 2019, 1:58 pm

Teo oswald wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:

@Teo oswald

@spacebaby45678

uhm...but there is also a big part of the fandom that loves Reylo, since the release of the seventh episode, Reylo had his part, in the interviews they talked about Reylo. I have seen very few citations from the anti.
many people hate Ben-redeemed, but there is also a big slice that wants Ben redeemed and Reylo.
Who will win ?
in the last jedi Reylo has his moment, no doubt. So they can't deny that Reylo is there, (romantic or not) Reylo is there.
Any choice they will make,  disney will lose part of the fans anyway.
@Teo oswald

Yup... JJ has basically said this.. he can't please everyone..
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 42  Next