Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+58
unicorn
TheLastJedi
Krafty
Socialnole
Blood Moon
Nyx
Chris24601
nonesuch
EchoBase
Moonjump05
Forsythia
whisperingwillow
cherrylipstick
vinventure12
Dar-ren19
Armadeus
Mana
SoloSideCousin
Lily Snape
KiraRen2015
Geralt_Riv
motherofpearl1
FrolickingFizzgig
Mila95
MaddieDove
vaderito
Kylo Rey
olyer
Kyla Ren
Kylo Men
snufkin
Atenais
spacebaby45678
SW_Heroine_Journey
Gemini
Moonlight13
rawpowah
nana7marie
Lovely_Rose
AhsokaTano
SkyStar
Night Huntress
Casper
OrionStars
Teo oswald
SanghaRen
PalmettoBlue
special_cases
rey09
californiagirl
AcrosstheStars
Cowgirlsamurai
Saracene
Riri
nickandnora
ZioRen
lauvamp
fuhry
62 posters

Page 22 of 42 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Teo oswald Mon 18 Nov 2019, 11:36 am

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Ixl8lpbve4z31

Front facing shot of Zorii Bliss without the helmet visor !!!

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Teo oswald Mon 18 Nov 2019, 11:37 am

JJ says they decided against using a CGI version of Leia (as seen in Rogue One) or recasting the character.

JJ says he took inspiration from Rian to “go for it a bit more” and made choices that are bold and surprising whilst keeping it connected to the previous eight films.

Keri Russel says Zorri is a survivor. Interviewer asks whether Poe-Zorri have a romantic relationship. Oscar says every relationship with Poe has a sexual element, but with Zorri, things were left kind of messy and there is some hurt there.

Naomi Ackie says that throughout the movie, each character “comes in contact with the darkside in this new way”

Kelly Marie Tran says “people are going to find it really interesting how we [Finn and Rose] have evolved.

Daisy says that Maz’s line from TFA “The belonging you seek is not behind you, it is ahead” is a line that is key to Rey’s story. Daisy also says during JJ’s first pitch for TROS, there was something Rey did and Daisy told him that there’s no way that was happening. JJ agreed that it was a poor idea.

The issue has a spread with Adam Driver, he praises JJ and Rian, and says he tries to make Star Wars as personal as much as anything else, and with those directors they “take moments and break them into pieces to make sure you’re truthful”

Adam also says he’s under strict instructions to not reveal anything about Kylo’s fate, even when the interviewer asks him how it felt coming to the end of a three-arc film, the article describes it as Adam tensing up, for fear that a probe droid might pop up to zap him!

You can find a print screen here https://twitter.com/reyssben/status/1195211367017570304?s=21
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 18 Nov 2019, 11:52 am

OrionStars wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig

I understand. Somehow, I've always felt that the way JJ executed Rey's story was really off-putting and it made people think what Rey had achieved was unearned and unconvincing, so they labeled her as "Mary Sue", but the other female characters like Cere/Merrin all passed people's judgment. It's like even though people don't have any problem with empowered female characters who are stronger than the male ones, they still can't connect with the type of character like Rey. Maybe it's the consequence of how JJ removing all arduousness and struggles in order to make Rey look "cool" in his eyes.
@OrionStars
I would disagree with that, personally. Star Wars never goes too deep into the truly messy struggles or realistic psychological traumas of its characters. Luke sees his parents get burned to a crisp and is just fine 10 minutes later, Leia watches her whole planet get blown up, Finn gets over being a child soldier and is cracking jokes within seconds, Rey moves past Kylo's initial transgressions, etc. The focus is always on looking forward, and when it's not that's because the character has something they need to confront (like Luke or Rey or Ben). I don't see why Rey needed 10 extra levels of damage as a result of her upbringing that no other character has ever faced. It would have done nothing to help the fans who dislike her connect with her. She isn't some outlier and I actually find her more human and sympathetic and emotionally cripplied than any other hero, it's just that we haven't fully witnessed her blow up yet. It's coming.

I also disagree that Rey is flawless. I think that's a very surface level read of her character. She has a lot of problems with denial, with self worth, with accepting the affection and love of others. She can support, but she never wanted to be supported. Her trials are extremely internal and "female" - she isn't simply facing whether or not she can lift an X-Wing out of a swamp. She also has deep rooted anger that she has been keeping buried for 15 years, and in TROS she's rejecting her friends once again and reverting to her scavenger fight or flight role in order to survive emotionally. There's a reason she's dealing so heavily with a potential fall to the dark side in this film.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Tumblr_pwv1sa5I7t1ultk62o2_1280
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Mon 18 Nov 2019, 12:38 pm

toolonelytosleep wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey @nana7marie

Women are taught our primary worth is in how we look and how much male attention we receive; I can't ignore this when speculating why some men have such a visceral loathing toward Rey and Rose. I think critiquing their character arcs, personalities, and calling Rey a "Mary Sue" are all smokescreens for the real, carnal reasoning of why some men get angry with Rey and Rose.

I ask myself, would there be such a backlash against Rey's character for being too "perfect/flawless/strong/feminist" if she, let's say, had been played by a busty bombshell like Alexandra Daddario? Would fanboys have hated Rose with as much vehemence if she was played by Veronica Ngo?

I'm going to answer both questions with a resounding, "no."

(Quick disclaimer: obligatory 'not all men', and yes, I know there are women who dislike Rey and/or Rose too. There's genuine constructive criticism for how Rey and Rose could've been portrayed more efficiently as characters, but I'm not talking about fans who are coming from a place of honest critique; I'm talking about the fans who trashed both actresses for their looks and claim it has nothing to do with disliking their characters.)
@toolonelytosleep

This is so true. Once a guy on a forum was posting abundantly about how badly female characters are written in ST, how it's not true that men don't like female characters, that Ripley and Sarah Connor are the proof of it, they just have to write them better etc. etc.
A couple of posts later, he wrote he would like to see in Star Wars starring someone like Sofia Vergara.

I just adore how Rose and Holdo are designed by Rian. I adore purple hair admiral gender studies. She's my kind of people. I remember a scene in the BTS documentary when Rian talked about Rose's outfit with the costume designer. He insisted she has to be in plain, working clothes, to stand in for all plain, short geeks like Rian was probably in his childhood. F*** yes, I really don't care if half of the world stops giving their money to Disney, I loved living to see Rose and Holdo on screen in Star Wars in all their non-stereotypical non-male-gazy glory!!
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 18 Nov 2019, 1:37 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:FULL ARTICLE FROM COLLIDER

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker has had a long and storied history to the big screen, with lots of collaborators and cooks in the Episode IX saga-ending kitchen. Now, we’ve heard that the Writers Guild of America (WGA) has finally settled on who will get final writing credit on the epic film. And it’s a little surprising.

The screenplay will be credited to “Chris Terrio & J. J. Abrams,” with the ampersand indicating that the two worked together. The film will also have a “Based on Characters Created by George Lucas” credit. So far, this all makes sense. But the WGA also decided The Rise of Skywalker will have a “Story by Derek Connolly & Colin Trevorrow and Chris Terrio & J. J. Abrams” credit. And if you recall, Trevorrow (Safety Not Guaranteed, Jurassic World) was originally set to co-write and direct Episode IX before being ousted in favor of Abrams returning. Which means that the WGA likely decided some of what Trevorrow and Connolly were originally planning for the film made it into the final product. It also means that they will receive a good amount of residuals, which is a pretty nice consolation prize for not seeing the final film through.

The final WGA arbitration does come as a bit of a surprise, especially given Abrams’ quotes in an interview with Fast Company where he said he was starting with “no script.”

You’ve got two years from the decision to do it to release, and you have literally nothing . . . . You don’t have the story, you don’t have the cast, you don’t have the designers, the sets. There was a crew, and there were things that will be worked on for the version that preceded ours, but this was starting over. And because this was such a mega job, I knew at the very least I needed a cowriter to work on this thing, but I didn’t know who that cowriter would be. There was nothing. So the first thing I did was reach out to a writer who I’ve admired for years, Chris Terrio. who I didn’t really know, to say, “Listen, would you want to write Star Wars with me?” And he screamed.

This story, which literally uses the phrase “starting over,” sure makes it seem like Abrams and Terrio started over, using nothing of Trevorrow and Connolly’s vision. And yet, they are credited on the final product. So did Abrams approve of and incorporate some of Trevorrow and Connolly’s version after all? Were some of their ideas just too good to pass up? Did Abrams make sure his writing predecessors were taken care of no matter what?

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker hits the big screen December 20, 2019, which gives all of us plenty of time to speculate. For more Star Wars news, here’s our latest review of The Mandalorian. Plus, check out what Abrams and Lucas talked about when they met.
@spacebaby45678

It's all very strange.

I remember how he originally promised to make to make Reys ending very profound. Heres hoping they kept that in along with Kylo Redemption. I'm hoping it's all entwined.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 18 Nov 2019, 1:54 pm

@gemini

"eternally entwined" & elemental ...look at this cheers

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Fefffa85fcef51436184fa0796baed2f1af1b765
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Mon 18 Nov 2019, 2:32 pm

MaddieDove wrote:

Women are taught our primary worth is in how we look and how much male attention we receive; I can't ignore this when speculating why some men have such a visceral loathing toward Rey and Rose. I think critiquing their character arcs, personalities, and calling Rey a "Mary Sue" are all smokescreens for the real, carnal reasoning of why some men get angry with Rey and Rose.

I ask myself, would there be such a backlash against Rey's character for being too "perfect/flawless/strong/feminist" if she, let's say, had been played by a busty bombshell like Alexandra Daddario? Would fanboys have hated Rose with as much vehemence if she was played by Veronica Ngo?

(Quick disclaimer: obligatory 'not all men', and yes, I know there are women who dislike Rey and/or Rose too. There's genuine constructive criticism for how Rey and Rose could've been portrayed more efficiently as characters, but I'm not talking about fans who are coming from a place of honest critique; I'm talking about the fans who trashed both actresses for their looks and claim it has nothing to do with disliking their characters.)
@toolonelytosleep

This is so true. Once a guy on a forum was posting abundantly about how badly female characters are written in ST, how it's not true that men don't like female characters, that Ripley and Sarah Connor are the proof of it, they just have to write them better etc. etc.
A couple of posts later, he wrote he would like to see in Star Wars starring someone like Sofia Vergara.

I just adore how Rose and Holdo are designed by Rian. I adore purple hair admiral gender studies. She's my kind of people. I remember a scene in the BTS documentary when Rian talked about Rose's outfit with the costume designer. He insisted she has to be in plain, working clothes, to stand in for all plain, short geeks like Rian was probably in his childhood. F*** yes, I really don't care if half of the world stops giving their money to Disney, I loved living to see Rose and Holdo on screen in Star Wars in all their non-stereotypical non-male-gazy glory!!
@MaddieDove

YES! Same here. It's amazing to see real women on screen in big franchises as SW. I talked with several of my male friends and, sad to say, they disliked TLJ because they are unused to women being central. Of course they didn't say it with these words, but it was easy to see it.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Mon 18 Nov 2019, 6:25 pm

MaddieDove wrote:This is so true. Once a guy on a forum was posting abundantly about how badly female characters are written in ST, how it's not true that men don't like female characters, that Ripley and Sarah Connor are the proof of it, they just have to write them better etc. etc.
@MaddieDove
I keep seeing the same argument, quoting Ripley as an example, and I find it ironic as I’ve recently seen a documentary ‘Memory: The Origins of Alien’ and originally Ripley was meant to be a male character lol! Once it was decided that’d be a woman, the writing of her character wasn’t changed - and she’s indeed stereotypically masculine - very bad***.
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Mon 18 Nov 2019, 7:52 pm

Whatever else turns out to be true ..... Zorii has a great costume.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 18 Nov 2019, 9:23 pm

https://ew.com/movies/2019/11/18/poe-dameron-millennium-falcon-rise-of-skywalker/

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Scree105

No Rey in this shot, they really do separate them after act, don't they?

There's a video in the link where Oscar says the equivalent of "I wanted Finnpoe, and it's better than what we actually went with, and JJ didn't do it, wah!" Like, dude, you guys weren't set up that way. Also mentions the trio getting to spend time together, though again, I wonder how much of that is in the first 30-60 minutes, he even mentions they hadn't spent much time together before this movie.

On the hate for Rey and Rose, my fear is the same will happen to Jannah, she's already advertised as a tough cookie too. Though if she's Finn's sister, that might protect her from some of that. Such a connection to a preexisting male character, especially one of the heroes, sort of validates her in the eyes of some. And I say that as someone who wouldn't mind them being related.

The other thread has bits from Adam on Colbert. The look on his face when Colbert asks if Kylo and Rey are an item is everything!
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Mon 18 Nov 2019, 10:07 pm

Teo oswald wrote:Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Ixl8lpbve4z31

Front facing shot of Zorii Bliss without the helmet visor !!!

@Teo oswald

They couldn't get away with hiding those gorgeous eyes of hers.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 19 Nov 2019, 4:17 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:@gemini

"eternally entwined" & elemental ...look at this cheers

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Fefffa85fcef51436184fa0796baed2f1af1b765
@spacebaby45678

JJ also said it in TFA
who knows why people forget that the clues are scattered everywhere Smile

Atenais wrote:
MaddieDove wrote:

@toolonelytosleep

@MaddieDove

YES! Same here. It's amazing to see real women on screen in big franchises as SW. I talked with several of my male friends and, sad to say, they disliked TLJ because they are unused to women being central. Of course they didn't say it with these words, but it was easy to see it.
@Atenais

I bet that Holdo was saved by the allies after its move in the last jedi, she was ready to sacrifice herself but then the resistance allies, perhaps led by Lando, came to her rescue. Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 19 Nov 2019, 4:24 am

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Zwthvirimlz31

Finn vs the knight of Ren???
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 19 Nov 2019, 5:04 am

@Teo oswald

So the KOR have the sith ships? Can someone get Finn a lightsaber? he is about to get chopped up by a demon warrior..Very Happy

I think I will be hiding my eyes for my first viewing
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Giphy
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 19 Nov 2019, 7:52 am

Holly F*ck!

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Ew110

More pics:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Ew0110
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Ew0210
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Ew0310
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Ew0410
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Ew0510
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Ew0610
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Ew0710
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Ew0810
Source: EW
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 19 Nov 2019, 8:12 am

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 C9455110

All or nothing = make out sesh and epilogue with Reylo kids. I have spoken.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Tue 19 Nov 2019, 8:23 am

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 F8741510

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 19 Nov 2019, 8:32 am

Riri wrote:Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 F8741510
@Riri

LAWD HAVE MERCY this description has got me happy in regards to the Saga as a whole and these two characters.

These images BTW are absolutely STUNNING. @Atenais Thank you for sharing Smile
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 19 Nov 2019, 8:38 am

Gemini wrote:
@Riri

LAWD HAVE MERCY this description has got me happy in regards to the Saga as a whole and these two characters.

These images BTW are absolutely STUNNING. @Atenais Thank you for sharing Smile
@Gemini

Same here. And let me just tell how I love when Adam talks about the movie. His words are always so thoughtful, so perceptive. (You probably saw the video from Colbert Show). Let Adam talk about SW from now on!!!

Also, lets pray: "Yet Abrams says fans still don’t really know anything. “The [trailers] that have come out are scratching the surface of what the movie is,” the famously spoiler-averse director says." (From the interview to EW here).

Last edited by Atenais on Tue 19 Nov 2019, 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Tue 19 Nov 2019, 8:39 am

@Riri

It's a nice quote by Adam. It reminds me that the story is really about bringing balance and defeat (together!) the forces of evil.

I'm not in principle against postponing Reylo romance after the first order of business is dealt with. I will live with the open ending regarding their personal HEA, if everything else (balance in the Force, some kind of peace in the galaxy, Bendemption with Ben living, and Rey finding her place and peace of mind) is executed well. And JJ's quote promises that the baggage Rey and Kylo share will be resolved, which is also a good thing. My hope is that there will be change, atonement, compassion, and forgiveness, there's no successful love without that.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Tue 19 Nov 2019, 8:43 am

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 C3dc2510omg

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Tue 19 Nov 2019, 8:45 am

Look at that Solo boy with the good guys!!
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 19 Nov 2019, 8:46 am

Riri wrote:Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 C3dc2510omg
@Riri

DEAD. BYE.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 19 Nov 2019, 8:46 am

^^^^^^^^ that fricking image above  Stretcher

@Atenais

He has it down to a tee. Their relationship. This is good news for us all no matter which way we look at Reylo. Its most certainly suggesting the relationship is romantic (from Driver)

Its good for bendemption, its good for romantic Reylo, He chooses the word intimate..I mean come on...who says that unless its a romance?

For me, what Adam and JJ are both saying, personally its basically describing what I've always felt these two characters represent. Even if that's not the route. Im still happy with it. Its not particularly matching with the ending in the leaks of who they are and how its supposed to end.

How can the coin exist without the other side? MUHAHAHHAHAHA

Twin suns...all of it Smile SQUEEEEE
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 19 Nov 2019, 9:10 am

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 A641a53efda9338c5c7fc8796b57ee0bfcf47c9c

ohhhhhhh

Abrams sees [Rey and Kylo] as ‘two halves of the same coin,’ noting, ‘even when they’re not together they still haunt each other in a way – they know they are each other’s unresolved business.’”

—JJ Abrams on Reylo in Entertainment Weekly, November 2019
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 42 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next