Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+58
unicorn
TheLastJedi
Krafty
Socialnole
Blood Moon
Nyx
Chris24601
nonesuch
EchoBase
Moonjump05
Forsythia
whisperingwillow
cherrylipstick
vinventure12
Dar-ren19
Armadeus
Mana
SoloSideCousin
Lily Snape
KiraRen2015
Geralt_Riv
motherofpearl1
FrolickingFizzgig
Mila95
MaddieDove
vaderito
Kylo Rey
olyer
Kyla Ren
Kylo Men
snufkin
Atenais
spacebaby45678
SW_Heroine_Journey
Gemini
Moonlight13
rawpowah
nana7marie
Lovely_Rose
AhsokaTano
SkyStar
Night Huntress
Casper
OrionStars
Teo oswald
SanghaRen
PalmettoBlue
special_cases
rey09
californiagirl
AcrosstheStars
Cowgirlsamurai
Saracene
Riri
nickandnora
ZioRen
lauvamp
fuhry
62 posters

Page 13 of 42 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 42  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Gemini Tue 12 Nov 2019, 9:53 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:The leaks are worth taking seriously because they have quite a lot of backing in the trailer, promos and interviews. Not every detail is going to end up being true, but I do think the bare structure of the story (when you cut out the personal interpretations and speculation) is probably roughly correct. They are incomplete, yes. There are scenes missing, yes. The context is off, yes. But the leaks are not entirely incorrect. It doesn't have to be all fake or all real.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I dont think they are all fake or all real either. That's why we speculate on them.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 12 Nov 2019, 10:01 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:The leaks are worth taking seriously because they have quite a lot of backing in the trailer, promos and interviews. Not every detail is going to end up being true, but I do think the bare structure of the story (when you cut out the personal interpretations and speculation) is probably roughly correct. They are incomplete, yes. There are scenes missing, yes. The context is off, yes. But the leaks are not entirely incorrect. It doesn't have to be all fake or all real.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I take the leaks very very seriously... I am fully prepared and have emotionally accepted Rey Palpy.. Dead Ben Solo.. nEvVErtoBbESenAgain...yeated into the Abyss. Rey Nobody Palpy Skywalker peaking at the Twin Suns which have Zero meaning for her..

But I am also looking at the Trailers, marketing because those are tangibles that we can See... and taking those as spoilers into account...

But as a Saga Fan FIRST PERIODT... none of the above add up to what JJ is saying about making the whole saga connect...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 12 Nov 2019, 10:45 am

I loved TLJ. But, apart from the unnecessary Canto Bight scenes, one thing I didn't like was Rey seemed a little too good to be true in some scenes. So reading how Daisy said she's going to be pulled in two different directions, in TROS has made me happy. I actually liked her more in TFA, because she was flawed.
I also think the film is going to deal with the consequences of both Rey and Kylo's choices. Kylo is now Supreme Leader, but it's brought him no joy. He rules the galaxy, but he's lost the woman he loves and he doesn't have a single friend.
Rey meanwhile, has plenty of friends.....but as she herself says "no one knows her." Apart from Leia, there are no Force sensitives in the Resistance and although Leia has the Force, she never trained to the extent Luke did. She might have Kylo at the moment, but at the end of the day they are two halves of the same coin.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 12 Nov 2019, 11:38 am

guys a curiosity, in the trailer kylo arrives with his Tie, and he has the red lightsaber, it's the same place where there's Palpatine and Rey...

Spoiler:
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 12 Nov 2019, 11:46 am

Teo oswald wrote:guys a curiosity, in the trailer kylo arrives with his Tie, and he has the red lightsaber, it's the same place where there's Palpatine and Rey...

Spoiler:
@Teo oswald
That scene is from the beginning of the film when Kylo first goes to Exogol. He meets Palpatine there, then leaves and doesn't return until act 3. Hope that clears things up.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 12 Nov 2019, 12:08 pm

I know it's crazy but I have this theory Rey makes two lightsabres out of the broken crystal.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 12 Nov 2019, 12:22 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig thanks for replay. If I were Kylo , I would kill Palpatine right there... But he did not. The reason is in the leaks but , there is more....
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Tue 12 Nov 2019, 2:21 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Here's some speculation not present in the leaks. What the heck is actually going on in this scene from the old shareholder footage?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 TROS-6

Presumably this scene comes after Kijimi when Kylo has returned with the mask and after Rey has escaped once again on the Falcon with Chewie and her friends. We know he has been keeping it displayed on a pedestal in his chambers, but Rey smashed the stand and now he's doing... something with it?

(My current theory is this is a small trash compactor and he's crushing it, fwiw. There's no reason to think Kylo ever returns to this ship and this is right before he goes to confront Rey on the death star. The mask needs closure, and there's no other point in the story where this could take place).
@FrolickingFizzgig

Forgot to comment on this, but... yeah. Good idea. When I first saw that footage (and indeed when I saw the picture) I took the magnification literally and thought he was examining it really closely. But you're right, it looks like he could be throwing it out. Also originally I thought Kylo would be looking at this at the outset (kind of a framing device to remind us about some of his motivations), but your idea makes more sense.

Kylo at beginning of film: "I got this sweeeeet setup for my vintage Darth Vader..."
Kylo, 10 minutes later: "Well, guess bae doesn't like it. Into the trash it goes!"

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 12 Nov 2019, 2:32 pm

nickandnora wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Here's some speculation not present in the leaks. What the heck is actually going on in this scene from the old shareholder footage?

Presumably this scene comes after Kijimi when Kylo has returned with the mask and after Rey has escaped once again on the Falcon with Chewie and her friends. We know he has been keeping it displayed on a pedestal in his chambers, but Rey smashed the stand and now he's doing... something with it?

(My current theory is this is a small trash compactor and he's crushing it, fwiw. There's no reason to think Kylo ever returns to this ship and this is right before he goes to confront Rey on the death star. The mask needs closure, and there's no other point in the story where this could take place).
@FrolickingFizzgig

Forgot to comment on this, but... yeah. Good idea. When I first saw that footage (and indeed when I saw the picture) I took the magnification literally and thought he was examining it really closely. But you're right, it looks like he could be throwing it out. Also originally I thought Kylo would be looking at this at the outset (kind of a framing device to remind us about some of his motivations), but your idea makes more sense.

Kylo at beginning of film: "I got this sweeeeet setup for my vintage Darth Vader..."
Kylo, 10 minutes later: "Well, guess bae doesn't like it. Into the trash it goes!"
@nickandnora
I think there's another scene with the helmet earlier in the film that does remind us of his motivations. There was a leak from ATAT that everybody's really sure was real that talked about Kylo having a vision of Han (and maybe also Luke) and throwing Vader's mask at it. I think this fits in with Kylo having "PTSD-like" flashbacks at the outset of the film.

(And yes, I've been joking around a lot about how Rey's going to track sand all over Kylo's new sterile bachelor pad and smash his post-breakup retail therapy objects like his ship and his Vader effigy).
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 12 Nov 2019, 2:45 pm

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 2441c453d1437be34839deb5321aeecf89f9d0b3
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Tue 12 Nov 2019, 2:46 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
nickandnora wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

@nickandnora
I think there's another scene with the helmet earlier in the film that does remind us of his motivations. There was a leak from ATAT that everybody's really sure was real that talked about Kylo having a vision of Han (and maybe also Luke) and throwing Vader's mask at it. I think this fits in with Kylo having "PTSD-like" flashbacks at the outset of the film.

(And yes, I've been joking around a lot about how Rey's going to track sand all over Kylo's new sterile bachelor pad and smash his post-breakup retail therapy objects like his ship and his Vader effigy).
@FrolickingFizzgig

Does anyone else also think that this scene of Rey wandering around his bedroom looking at statues and such might be a warped version of the scene in Pride and Prejudice (film) when Lizzie is wandering around the grounds at Pemberley looking at Darcy's stuff (except she's going to be pissed off instead of turned on)? It's the stark white lighting and... well, the statue, like I said. Smile

And OH speaking of AT-AT, maybe someone can confirm or deny this but I read something recently that said AT-AT was in a conversation the other month on twitter where he said that Daisy and Adam filmed something in Jordan with just a skeleton crew (the implication being, I assume, that the content was secret). Is that an accurate transcription of that conversation (things online tend not to be so I wanted to check)? If so, that's a pretty interesting little nugget. Could be a lot of things we know about, but also potentially something that we DON'T know about it. I have some possible ideas.

^ P.S. I feel like the above "spoiler" or rumour regarding AT-AT is the kind of thing that might have been lost in the shuffle, because I don't remember reading about it here.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 12 Nov 2019, 2:51 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 2441c453d1437be34839deb5321aeecf89f9d0b3
@spacebaby45678
This Twitter account is a fraud. I hope you know that. She has made vague claims like some kind of fortune teller and while some of what she has said has kinda-sorta lined up, she's so open with her statements that it's like reading a horoscope or a personality test. Of course she's going to be right about broad strokes.

She's also... wrong in this case, lol. While it's incredibly poorly delivered, Rey's story in the leaks is very much all about a struggle with the dark side.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 12 Nov 2019, 2:52 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Moonjump05 wrote:
Gemini wrote:If we get pressured into not talking in here then yes its censorship. Same happened to reylos in 2016.

I predict,  that even if rey kenobi happens. We will still be sectioned away and pressured into not talking about it in the main pages.
@Gemini

My dude, I was there.  I fought in those trenches.  

This is not the same.

@Moonjump05

It is.

We were not allowed to talk about romance and reylo in main sections of star wars discussion. We were all confined to a single thread and pressured to leave and "take it out of the discussion" by mods and other members whenever we had valid reason to discuss it in the main episode discussions even though Reylo was a valid part speculation of TFA and TLJ.

Just because they thought on mass that it wasnt there or relevant. We were all silenced and sectioned away.
@Gemini
Okay, but Reylo was always real. We were treated like a plague for pointing out creator intent and facts. The relationship was a huge focus in TLJ and will be the major dynamic once again in TROS. We're 2/3 movies in and there's no indication anywhere that Rey Kenobi was anything more than a fan theory. We have reliable (albeit incomplete) spoilers indicating a completely different narrative direction for Rey's penultimate backstory. There is nothing supporting Rey Kenobi in leaks or anything else. This is just the truth, it's not a personal attack against you or any theory you enjoy.
@FrolickingFizzgig

See the thing is, it's still your opinion and our opinion that reylo is there. The leaks are not really suggesting reylo in the romantic sense. No kiss, no talking about feelings. No talking about love or Anidala connections or symbolism. What we do have is kylo dying and no romantic reylo at the end.

It's also still just your opinion that the posters, comics, and art are all nothing solid. I dont understand why suddenly the posters are not relevant to the story.  Especially the official ones. They are suddenly not relevant because they dont show reylo and they show/suggest Rey kenobi.?

There is another light saber, which is fact and I think it's not unreasonable to suggest it could be Kenobis. Its current, it's relevant, it's related to a spoiler. A fact, even. Just like it's ok for us to guess that kylo might not stay dead and reylo will have babies in the end.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 12 Nov 2019, 3:01 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 2441c453d1437be34839deb5321aeecf89f9d0b3
@spacebaby45678
This Twitter account is a fraud. I hope you know that. She has made vague claims like some kind of fortune teller and while some of what she has said has kinda-sorta lined up, she's so open with her statements that it's like reading a horoscope or a personality test. Of course she's going to be right about broad strokes.

She's also... wrong in this case, lol. While it's incredibly poorly delivered, Rey's story in the leaks is very much all about a struggle with the dark side.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Yeah I agree..weird how so many people give her likes and follow her.. I don't get it but whatever.. people feel the need to be comforted and hear what they want to hear. Nope

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Tue 12 Nov 2019, 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Tue 12 Nov 2019, 3:15 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:I know it's crazy but I have this theory Rey makes two lightsabres out of the broken crystal.
@motherofpearl1

I didn't see your comment at first, but I don't think it's crazy. I think it's interesting that the leaks tell us that two lightsabers now exist (but that one of them has been repaired) when we had a possible mechanism for having two, or at least something double-sided in the last film.

It's possible that the leaks are incorrect as to how this comes to be, but I suspect another possible explanation is that Rian set up the "two from one" idea in TLJ, and then perhaps because of A) it not completely following canon about kyber crystals, and/or B) Carrie's death they decided to make it Leia's hidden saber instead. Not going to lie: I prefer the potential of what Rian set up instead, but recognize that maybe it was just easier both due to canon and literally only requiring two lines of exposition in the film they changed it. Plus, it's kind of a nice idea that Kylo holds his mother's saber.

I'm with you though: I think the two lightsaber thing makes the MOST sense following the events of TLJ.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 12 Nov 2019, 3:28 pm

@nickandnora
These are the four bullet points from ATAT:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 Screen_Shot_2019-11-12_at_4.24.22_PM

I haven't heard anything about the Jordan skeleton crew. I believe the above four points because they line up with what has been trickled to us over time by others, though Kylo throwing the mask is not specifically mentioned in anything from Jason or JP. But as we've established many, many times - scenes are missing. That's two Kylo scenes already not accounted for in the leaks, and we know there are certainly more.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Tue 12 Nov 2019, 3:40 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:@nickandnora

I haven't heard anything about the Jordan skeleton crew. I believe the above four points because they line up with what has been trickled to us over time by others, though Kylo throwing the mask is not specifically mentioned in anything from Jason or JP. But as we've established many, many times - scenes are missing. That's two Kylo scenes already not accounted for in the leaks, and we know there are certainly more.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I had heard about this, but this twitter conversation I'm referring to was supposedly just a few weeks ago in a casual conversation. I need to ask the person who posted it on reddit to link it if I'm going to fully buy it.

But tbh, it doesn't really matter because this is so NOT far-fetched that it's easy to assume it's true even if we didn't know what it was. There's got to be some scenes that were filmed with skeleton crews, there's got to be scenes missing, and this is just common sense in general. I think the reason people were finding it interesting is because they were connecting it to the scene in that footage... geez I can't think of where it was showed... that was of Kylo in the desert at what looked like sunset. Easiest explanation is that it's after his ship crashes on Pasana, but something about the time of day, his demeanor, and the background could mean it's something at the end. It also could be nothing and the two things aren't connected.

"Scenes are missing" should just be my signature from now until the film airs.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 12 Nov 2019, 3:47 pm

nickandnora wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

I had heard about this, but this twitter conversation I'm referring to was supposedly just a few weeks ago in a casual conversation. I need to ask the person who posted it on reddit to link it if I'm going to fully buy it.

But tbh, it doesn't really matter because this is so NOT far-fetched that it's easy to assume it's true even if we didn't know what it was. There's got to be some scenes that were filmed with skeleton crews, there's got to be scenes missing. I think the reason people were finding it interesting is because they were connecting it to the scene in that footage... geez I can't think of where it was showed... that was of Kylo in the desert at what looked like sunset. Easiest explanation is that it's after his ship crashes on Pasana, but something about the time of day, his demeanor, and the background could mean it's something at the end. It also could be nothing and the two things aren't connected.

@nickandnora
That scene of Kylo looking down at the mask in the drawer/trash compactor is interesting to me because I can't imagine it indicates anything but Kylo's "redemption" beginning a lot earlier than the leaks are currently describing. It would suggest he's letting go already before he goes after Rey on the death star. I've never been someone who has any real specific idea of how I wanted Ben's heel-face-turn to take place, but I do believe the context of his actions/motivations are off in the leaks. Honestly, Han appearing to Ben may not even be the scene it sounds like. It'll be a scene of forgiveness, but it's probably also about Ben having something unique that Rey needs: comprehension of the temptation of the dark side. It's about not giving up, not just about being healed and awakening as Ben Solo.

As for the skeleton crew scene with Kylo, maybe. I do feel that scene stands out as unique because Kylo will likely be wearing the helmet all the time on Pasaana. It's not the necklace scene because that takes place in the festival area. I really don't know. We'll see!
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 12 Nov 2019, 3:53 pm

Teo oswald wrote:guys a curiosity, in the trailer kylo arrives with his Tie, and he has the red lightsaber, it's the same place where there's Palpatine and Rey...

Spoiler:
@Teo oswald

I think kylo has the saber.

But the rumours suggest its sent to him through some force pull from Rey?

Which is weird because it's not on rey in the trailer in the palpatine scene.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Tue 12 Nov 2019, 3:59 pm

Another reminder: please remember that mods and administrators are not bots, we can't be here 24/7 or read absolutely everything, we have responsibilities outside of the fandom. We also don't get paid to do this job, we do it because we love SW and Reylo, and it would be great if we could all cooperate to make this forum a peaceful place for everyone. That being said, I would appreciate it if we could drop this conversation once and for all.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 12 Nov 2019, 4:04 pm

Moonlight13 wrote:Another reminder: please remember that mods and administrators are not bots, we can't be here 24/7 or read absolutely everything, we have responsibilities outside of the fandom. We also don't get paid to do this job, we do it because we love SW and Reylo, and it would be great if we could all cooperate to make this forum a peaceful place for everyone. That being said, I would appreciate it if we could drop this conversation once and for all.
@Moonlight13

Thank you for removing the personal attack and gaslighting section of the post.

I appreciate your quickness to respond to that. I'm sorry to have put any strain.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Tue 12 Nov 2019, 4:06 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
nickandnora wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

But tbh, it doesn't really matter because this is so NOT far-fetched that it's easy to assume it's true even if we didn't know what it was. There's got to be some scenes that were filmed with skeleton crews, there's got to be scenes missing. I think the reason people were finding it interesting is because they were connecting it to the scene in that footage... geez I can't think of where it was showed... that was of Kylo in the desert at what looked like sunset. Easiest explanation is that it's after his ship crashes on Pasana, but something about the time of day, his demeanor, and the background could mean it's something at the end. It also could be nothing and the two things aren't connected.

@nickandnora
That scene of Kylo looking down at the mask in the drawer/trash compactor is interesting to me because I can't imagine it indicates anything but Kylo's "redemption" beginning a lot earlier than the leaks are currently describing. It would suggest he's letting go already before he goes after Rey on the death star. I've never been someone who has any real specific idea of how I wanted Ben's heel-face-turn to take place, but I do believe the context of his actions/motivations are off in the leaks. Honestly, Han appearing to Ben may not even be the scene it sounds like. It'll be a scene of forgiveness, but it's probably also about Ben having something unique that Rey needs: comprehension of the temptation of the dark side. It's about not giving up, not just about being healed and awakening as Ben Solo.

As for the skeleton crew scene with Kylo, maybe. I do feel that scene stands out as unique because Kylo will likely be wearing the helmet all the time on Pasaana. It's not the necklace scene because that takes place in the festival area. I really don't know. We'll see!
@FrolickingFizzgig

Ohhhhh, I didn't even think of that. Do we have any evidence that he'll be wearing it for sure though? For some reason I totally pictured their face to face encounter on Pasaana being sans mask. That makes it even more interesting to place that scene (if it's not from that photoshoot or something, which it very well could be).

One of the more interesting back and forth exchanges I've read on reddit is the two opposing viewpoints of where Kylo has to be at the beginning of the next film. Some argue that Kylo has to tread down the wrong path again for at least a bit for his redemption to mean something on the Death Star. I, on the other hand, tend to agree with the idea that I think more development might have occurred between films than we realize, and that might be used for dramatic effect (like... almost as a fakeout?) in the film, *especially* if it's contrasted with Rey dealing with her dark side right from the start. I feel like if they do something where he's treading down the wrong path for the right reasons (like trying to protect, for instance) that would be a good compromise and subversion of expectations.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 12 Nov 2019, 4:17 pm

nickandnora wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
nickandnora wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

@nickandnora

@FrolickingFizzgig

Ohhhhh, I didn't even think of that. Do we have any evidence that he'll be wearing it for sure though? For some reason I totally pictured their face to face encounter on Pasaana being sans mask. That makes it even more interesting to place that scene (if it's not from that photoshoot or something, which it very well could be).

One of the more interesting back and forth exchanges I've read on reddit is the two opposing viewpoints of where Kylo has to be at the beginning of the next film. Some argue that Kylo has to tread down the wrong path again for at least a bit for his redemption to mean something on the Death Star. I, on the other hand, tend to agree with the idea that I think more development might have occurred between films than we realize, and that might be used for dramatic effect (like... almost as a fakeout?) in the film, *especially* if it's contrasted with Rey dealing with her dark side right from the start. I feel like if they do something where he's treading down the wrong path for the right reasons (like trying to protect, for instance) that would be a good compromise and subversion of expectations.

@nickandnora
No, we don't know for sure that he'll be wearing the mask. He won't be during the necklace scene (the "But I do" dialogue is supposedly pulled from that scene and there's no voice modulation). I imagine he will be just because he's leaving the First Order on mission with the Knights of Ren and he'll be dressed up to fit in with his boy band. He takes the mask off permanently on Kijimi during the scene where Rey smashes the Vader effigy. You can see him holding his helmet as they're escaping on the Falcon. I don't see it making a comeback after this.

I'm halfway on that as well. I honestly don't care, but the evidence right now is making me skew more toward Ben having surprisingly noble (if misguided) goals, at least with regards to Rey. I believe this in part because Rey is going to be the one dealing with the serious dark side temptation this time. She sounds incredibly angsty and unreasonable, and we're going to need a contrast. Ben is and always has been that contrast. Honestly, I feel their relationship is going to be a bit surprising!

FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 12 Nov 2019, 4:33 pm

It’s this one:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 9d17ba10

I’ve had it swirling around my head for a long time now that this could possibly be from the ending. We know Jordan was a stand in for two planets, as well as using Pinewood for Tatooine. It’s mostly the sunset and his demeanor... there’s just something about it. It doesn’t look like Pasaana - the TIE jump scene is like, in broad daylight. And if this still is from the ending, this shot is so context free, and there’s already another desert planet in the movie that it’s not really something that seems that spoilery on the surface. Pretty smart from JJ if that’s the case.

With all the discussion about parallel arcs where the darkness grows in Rey as the light rises in Kylo progressively throughout the movie, it brings to mind something about Kylo in all the trailers, stills, marketing for TROS etc. His body language and demeanour comes off as very, very focused and determined. There’s a newfound confidence there. It gives off a singular man-on-a-mission vibe. I point this out because I feel it goes well with the recent line of thinking, and also because it’s the complete opposite of the epitome of Kylo, who is usually conflicted, uncertain, rage driven etc.

@FrolickingFizzgig Good point about the contrast. Kylo/Ben has always been a foil to her so it makes sense that in this scenario he assumes the more reasonable, clear headed light-side position. I agree that this development in their relationship is quite surprising, and I think part of that is because people (me included) never thought JJ would kind of go that hard with the dark side struggle and ‘dirty up’ Rey’s image to such an extent. How many ‘cinnamon roll’ Rey takes will there be after this movie? Very Happy

Also agree that the Han-Ben scene will be about more than just forgiveness. Ben at this point will have hit utter rock bottom, and Han could also inspire him to rise (hehe) and to not lose hope, even in his darkest hour. This is gonna be an immensely touching scene I feel, and also offer the audience some closure in a way, as we’ll get to see Han again even if only as a vision.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 12 Nov 2019, 4:54 pm

@Kylo Rey
I totally understand why a source who already has a bias against Kylo and without access to most dialogue who works only on FX (lightsabers, lightning, fireworks, explosions) would misconstrue Kylo and Rey having contentious arguments and fights as "Kylo antagonizes her". This source is not the sharpest tool in the shed. I don't feel they've put together the context of Rey getting progressively angrier and darker (using Force Lightning, being unable to control her powers, seeing dark!Rey in a vision, stabbing Kylo while he's distracted by the death of his mother) with her relationship with Kylo. John Boyega has also hinted at this - he said Finn is trying to figure out what's going on with Rey. The problem is the dynamic is shifting on its head. It's easy to misunderstand something like this when you don't have a very good grasp of story and don't even have all the scenes.

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Nov 2019, 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 42 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 42  Next