Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+58
unicorn
TheLastJedi
Krafty
Socialnole
Blood Moon
Nyx
Chris24601
nonesuch
EchoBase
Moonjump05
Forsythia
whisperingwillow
cherrylipstick
vinventure12
Dar-ren19
Armadeus
Mana
SoloSideCousin
Lily Snape
KiraRen2015
Geralt_Riv
motherofpearl1
FrolickingFizzgig
Mila95
MaddieDove
vaderito
Kylo Rey
olyer
Kyla Ren
Kylo Men
snufkin
Atenais
spacebaby45678
SW_Heroine_Journey
Gemini
Moonlight13
rawpowah
nana7marie
Lovely_Rose
AhsokaTano
SkyStar
Night Huntress
Casper
OrionStars
Teo oswald
SanghaRen
PalmettoBlue
special_cases
rey09
californiagirl
AcrosstheStars
Cowgirlsamurai
Saracene
Riri
nickandnora
ZioRen
lauvamp
fuhry
62 posters

Page 20 of 42 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 42  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Teo oswald Sat 16 Nov 2019, 12:28 pm

@Gemini

Yeah , Ben is coming!!! I would not be surprised if I hear in the cinema: "Welcome home Ben"

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 55706147478d611e83ad6c0b9d68a632c1a89db3

I don't understand what they say, but the images are worth more than words Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 16 Nov 2019, 12:57 pm

On Kylo and the beginning of the film, it really doesn't seem as though he is entering Palpatine's abode with any plan beyond "aggressive negotiations with a lightsaber". He walks across Exogol from his ship and scores the ground with his ignited lightsaber. He's on a mission for blood and nothing else, but when he finally sees the supposed dark side super power and puts his blade to Palpatine's throat his plans change. It's hard to say if he falsely sees Palpatine as not a major threat and pities him (and doesn't want to kill him for Rey's sake) because of his state or if he never falls for Palpatine and simply pretends to go along with his plot because he can't kill him for some reason. By the time Kijimi is destroyed it's exclusively Palpatine calling the shots. This could be when he realizes he was a pawn along and immediately goes to stop Rey from finding Palaptine's wayfinder and falling into the trap.

Probably a theory that has been illustrated countless times before: the First Order does not exist. It was always just the mask of the Empire and Palpatine has been orchestrating everything from the shadows in a long game of chess. I wonder if the Knights of Ren were ever anything beyond Palpatine's Ringwraiths. Obviously they're not actually on Kylo's side at all. They're part of the crowd observing the "show" in Palpatine's coliseum and they become part of the main attraction when Kylo arrives and battles them alone to get to Rey. It's a gladiator match with the Emperor watching from his chair at one end of the stadium.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Star-wars-9-rise-skywalker-knights-ren-image-1189409

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Fighting_pit_arena_gladiator

@Gemini
I'm sorry for continuing the discourse, I'm just very sick of the anti Rian Johnson rhetoric and praising JJ for "listening to actors" feels very much like an extension of that in the opposite direction.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 16 Nov 2019, 1:47 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig

It's all good.

Again just to confirm that @Spacebaby45678 and I were  not suggesting it was about lineage/RJ bashing
We were both just talking about why some actors might possibly  feel this way by bringing in both of our life experiences. Mine on film sets and Spacebabys in sales in general. It was more about trying to find a possible honest reason why they are saying what they are saying and how all actors/people are different and work differently  under different techniques. Doesnt mean it's the reason, was just an insight.

In regards to me. It's all taken on board and again, I apologise to everyone  for my crazy a** posts the other day. I woke up the next morning, looked at them and was like Neutral "the eff am I doing?" Its just a movie and what will be will be.

Last edited by Gemini on Sat 16 Nov 2019, 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 16 Nov 2019, 1:55 pm

I'm getting the impression that Poe, while still a major character and with a story and/or arc of his own, might be a bit less central than in TLJ. Like, he's clearly still in the main group, but while TLJ marketing was very much Poe Gets His Own Subplot Separate From Everyone Else, I'm getting the sense his story in TROS is within the context of a larger group of people.

We've been told the sith troopers are loyal to Kylo, but I don't really buy that. Sounds like a mid-movie twist. And I've been so suspicious of Pryde since spring.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 16 Nov 2019, 2:02 pm

Kylo likes Pryde... thinks he is useful...

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 16 Nov 2019, 2:16 pm

californiagirl wrote:I'm getting the impression that Poe, while still a major character and with a story and/or arc of his own, might be a bit less central than in TLJ. Like, he's clearly still in the main group, but while TLJ marketing was very much Poe Gets His Own Subplot Separate From Everyone Else, I'm getting the sense his story in TROS is within the context of a larger group of people.

We've been told the sith troopers are loyal to Kylo, but I don't really buy that. Sounds like a mid-movie twist. And I've been so suspicious of Pryde since spring.
@californiagirl
I agree that Poe's role isn't going to be as big in this one. He was already the focus on the tie-in novel and it sounds like he's mostly comic relief with his ex girlfriend tagging along and lending a hand but refusing to give him a second shot. I don't foresee any real big emotional storyline with him, though I'm sure he'll at least have a pensive scene with the Resistance about Leia's passing.

I do believe the troopers are loyal to Kylo, but they're also going to repeat the Order 66 twist because, just like the Knights of Ren, they're all actually loyal to Palpatine and following Kylo's orders because that is their instruction until a certain point. Pryde is also loyal to Palpatine, ultimately. All of this might become clear when Palpatine orders the destruction of Kijimi. Ben realizes that he was always a pawn and the rest of the film is about closing Pandora's Box.

@Gemini
I understand and I'm sorry for being in a bad mood about it as well.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 16 Nov 2019, 4:24 pm

Teo oswald wrote:@Gemini

Yeah , Ben is coming!!!  I would not be surprised if I hear in the cinema: "Welcome home Ben"

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 55706147478d611e83ad6c0b9d68a632c1a89db3

I don't understand what they say, but the images are worth more than words Smile
@Teo oswald

What I love is that I never saw the purple in this scene  before until many started noticing it and commenting. It was on the trilogy posters too for this trilogy. Kylos heart is purple, caused by Rey clashing with his saber. That purple is absent from the other two Saber fights on the trilogy posters.

Purple in SW means reconstruction and redemption (if I remember) hence the reylo purple hearts all over Twitter. Its awesome  stuff. We all have good eyes for symbolism.

@FrolickingFizzgig

It's all good   bounce I was in an appalling mood the other day..
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 16 Nov 2019, 7:08 pm

Ok.. most of this very early spoiler/leak has been identified... except N...

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 A511d5633cd0012258d9af78e2cc834bf341b908

N.. .is this a KOR...? Helmets fused to their face.. are they ghouls underneath? Confus
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 B4b80d320a45e44428c887b519db14ce7885815e
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Sat 16 Nov 2019, 7:18 pm

Teo oswald wrote:@Gemini

Yeah , Ben is coming!!! I would not be surprised if I hear in the cinema: "Welcome home Ben"

@Teo oswald

I don't know why Reylos on twitter start comparing Reylo to Cal and Trilla, I can't see the point of shipping them, Cal wasn't interested in Trilla and only cared about Cere, not to mention that Vader killed Trilla at the end of the game. cyclops cyclops cyclops
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 16 Nov 2019, 7:54 pm

@spacebaby45678

That is fricking creepy, if so. The attire does look like KoR. The face is like a sewn on mask. Weird.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 16 Nov 2019, 8:09 pm

With the ruins of the second Death Star imagery & discussions around the gothic romance/horror genre, I re-visited Guillermo del Toro's Crimson Peak. Which came out 2 months before TFA and GdT is another one of JJ's good friends/collaborators besides Ava (JJ gave the dedication speech for his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame) and they're both major cult fanboys when it comes to movies like Phantom of the Paradise. Can't help imagining that there's going to be a fair influence/inspiration on TRoS from Crimson Peak when it comes to the Force plot. Another detail which I expect to see explored further is the Monster/Creature motif in the dialogue between Rey and Ben because we know that GdT loves his monsters and monster romances

We have these two characters visiting/residing in the ruined estates of the history central to their worlds and the own families - Rey being abandoned and growing up on Ache-to as a scavenger in the graveyard of the last great battle between the Rebel Alliance and then Imperials and then whatever is going to happen in the ruins of the 2nd Death Star. The surface plot, which will is going to get called fan service/nostalgia, has then revisiting these 'haunted houses' as part of finally confronting/exorcising their family ghosts and secrets, what happened to Ben's grandparents which impacted 3 generations of a family and the galaxy. The biggest secret/ghost in the story that will be explored is what led Rey's parents to abandon their daughter and end up dead? While my expectation is that the Dark Rey imagery is about exploring/finding catharsis about that trauma so she can move on in life, my suspicion is that trauma will continue to fuel her motivation/actions and draw her further into the web of whatever the Emperor has been up to (mostly that the darkness she's been holding inside of her will make her vulnerable & whatever happens in that plot will be how she exorcises it for good).

Another angle I've thought about in terms of Crimson Peak is how the gothic romance/horror genre explores the confrontation between tradition/history and change. Which is something we've seen explored in the ST, especially through Ben's attempts at living up the family legacy through his Kylo Ren persona/"the new Vader" and both the Resistance and the First Order both fighting to restore the previous world orders (the Old Republic and the Empire). 100% straight out of the Gothic Romance genre playbook is that Rey like all heroines is a great reader in her entry point into the action/conflict is as somebody who's "heard the stories" about the Jedi in her conversations with Han (in which he in turn tells her another central story of the ST, about One Boy) and learning that Luke isn't just somebody who isn't a myth, but what the truth is behind that myth. She's also not a passive consumer of these stories, but an active participant who causes new stories to add to the myth - Han's return to his family/sacrifice, the truth about what happened between Luke and Ben, and Luke's heroic stand which in turn inspires other 'readers' like Broom Boy & pals. Finally she walks off from her encounter with Luke in full possession of the Jedi's Sacred Texts, which will likely further prompt the truth behind the initial rift between the Jedi and the Sith.

Ghosts Are Movies: A Love Letter to Crimson Peak

In Del Toro’s reckoning, there are ghosts, and monsters, and their nature is not one and the same. There is a definite subversion of the nature of ghosts in Crimson Peak. They are indeed monstrous upon sight, decaying and corrupted flesh, anatomically exposed and bearing vicious wounds. But most importantly they are not, as in so many ghost stories, manifestations of Edith’s guilt. Rather her alienated sensitivity to the world (wonderfully, empathically embodied by Wasikowska) has made the echoes of their terrorized past apparent. The ghosts, the monsters on the surface, are humanized.

tl:dr - another movie I'm gonna strongly recommend watching to get a sense of where they're going with the Force plot in terms of the Death Star ruins and the Emperor is Crimson Peak.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Sat 16 Nov 2019, 8:36 pm

Ok, I forgot to mention this but in that Jedi Fallen Order game, Vader literally threw Cere down the pit, but she came back later to aid Cal when he was nearly lost against Vader. It seems like "falling down the pit" has become SW's traditional twist. Let's pray that Kylo can come back after he gets yeeted down the pit in TROS like Cere too.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sat 16 Nov 2019, 10:21 pm

OrionStars wrote:Ok, I forgot to mention this but in that Jedi Fallen Order game, Vader literally threw Cere down the pit, but she came back later to aid Cal when he was nearly lost against Vader. It seems like "falling down the pit" has become SW's traditional twist. Let's pray that Kylo can come back after he gets yeeted down the pit in TROS like Cere too.
@OrionStars

In other words, maybe we should cheer for him to be thrown down the pit. Looks like the most certain way that a character will be back. XD
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sat 16 Nov 2019, 10:25 pm

@snufkin

The ruined Death Star set would be a great opportuniyy for the film makers to maybe employ some Expressionist imagery. I can definitely see the potential for Caligari-style images with their impossibly slanted angles reflecting the darker aspects of the characters' psyches:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Unbenannt1

Heck, Palpatine is already sounding like some kind of vampire, so why not have some Nosferatu homages?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Nosferatu
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 16 Nov 2019, 10:25 pm

@spacebaby45678
Huh, I guess it could be. It does potentially match the Knight with the long mace and minimal cloak in this Vanity Fair shot with JJ. If they are undead ghoul warriors then that's 1) creepy as heck, 2) probably part of Palpatine's long game all along.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Star-wars-feature-vf-2019-summer-embed-15
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 16 Nov 2019, 11:40 pm

Armadeus wrote:@snufkin

The ruined Death Star set would be a great opportuniyy for the film makers to maybe employ some Expressionist imagery. I can definitely see the potential for Caligari-style images with their impossibly slanted angles reflecting the darker aspects of the characters' psyches:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Unbenannt1

Heck, Palpatine is already sounding like some kind of vampire, so why not have some Nosferatu homages?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Nosferatu
@Armadeus

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Screen63
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 16 Nov 2019, 11:43 pm

snufkin wrote:With the ruins of the second Death Star imagery & discussions around the gothic romance/horror genre, I re-visited Guillermo del Toro's Crimson Peak. Which came out 2 months before TFA and GdT is another one of JJ's good friends/collaborators besides Ava (JJ gave the dedication speech for his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame) and they're both major cult fanboys when it comes to movies like Phantom of the Paradise. Can't help imagining that there's going to be a fair influence/inspiration on TRoS from Crimson Peak when it comes to the Force plot. Another detail which I expect to see explored further is the Monster/Creature motif in the dialogue between Rey and Ben because we know that GdT loves his monsters and monster romances

We have these two characters visiting/residing in the ruined estates of the history central to their worlds and the own families - Rey being abandoned and growing up on Ache-to as a scavenger in the graveyard of the last great battle between the Rebel Alliance and then Imperials and then whatever is going to happen in the ruins of the 2nd Death Star. The surface plot, which will is going to get called fan service/nostalgia, has then revisiting these 'haunted houses' as part of finally confronting/exorcising their family ghosts and secrets, what happened to Ben's grandparents which impacted 3 generations of a family and the galaxy. The biggest secret/ghost in the story that will be explored is what led Rey's parents to abandon their daughter and end up dead? While my expectation is that the Dark Rey imagery is about exploring/finding catharsis about that trauma so she can move on in life, my suspicion is that trauma will continue to fuel her motivation/actions and draw her further into the web of whatever the Emperor has been up to (mostly that the darkness she's been holding inside of her will make her vulnerable & whatever happens in that plot will be how she exorcises it for good).

Another angle I've thought about in terms of Crimson Peak is how the gothic romance/horror genre explores the confrontation between tradition/history and change. Which is something we've seen explored in the ST, especially through Ben's attempts at living up the family legacy through his Kylo Ren persona/"the new Vader" and both the Resistance and the First Order both fighting to restore the previous world orders (the Old Republic and the Empire). 100% straight out of the Gothic Romance genre playbook is that Rey like all heroines is a great reader in her entry point into the action/conflict is as somebody who's "heard the stories" about the Jedi in her conversations with Han (in which he in turn tells her another central story of the ST, about One Boy) and learning that Luke isn't just somebody who isn't a myth, but what the truth is behind that myth. She's also not a passive consumer of these stories, but an active participant who causes new stories to add to the myth - Han's return to his family/sacrifice, the truth about what happened between Luke and Ben, and Luke's heroic stand which in turn inspires other 'readers' like Broom Boy & pals. Finally she walks off from her encounter with Luke in full possession of the Jedi's Sacred Texts, which will likely further prompt the truth behind the initial rift between the Jedi and the Sith.

Ghosts Are Movies: A Love Letter to Crimson Peak

In Del Toro’s reckoning, there are ghosts, and monsters, and their nature is not one and the same. There is a definite subversion of the nature of ghosts in Crimson Peak. They are indeed monstrous upon sight, decaying and corrupted flesh, anatomically exposed and bearing vicious wounds. But most importantly they are not, as in so many ghost stories, manifestations of Edith’s guilt. Rather her alienated sensitivity to the world (wonderfully, empathically embodied by Wasikowska) has made the echoes of their terrorized past apparent. The ghosts, the monsters on the surface, are humanized.

tl:dr - another movie I'm gonna strongly recommend watching to get a sense of where they're going with the Force plot in terms of the Death Star ruins and the Emperor is Crimson Peak.
@snufkin

I love this post! Especially with Daisy recently indicating TRoS will be dark and scary! I love your insight, and I have a feeling this exactly what Chris Terrio had in mind, along with J.J.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 17 Nov 2019, 12:18 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey I can't find it in the archives, but in the months after TFA came out, there were a lot of discussions here about the story it appeared to be setting up had to have had some influence from the gothic romance genre and writers like Angela Carter, Mary Shelley, the Bronte Sisters, and Daphne du Maurier. At the time (Fall 2016 - Winter/Spring 2016), Guillermo del Toro had been evangelizing the genre and some of these writers with the release of Crimson Peak

The details they've dropped between the trailers (Dark Rey a la Sister Ruth's descent into Darkness in Black Narcissus, Rey's declaration that nobody really knows who she is, the ruins of the 2nd Death Star, ghost destroyer rising from the ice, and Rey confronting by some unspeakable unheimlich horror) and the interview quotes about "who is Rey?" Rey feeling isolated/alienated from her friends and comrades in the Resistance, and the part about it being dark and scary all evoke psychological horror. It's not confronting a great shocking secret for the sake of shock/spectacle - it's existential and about Rey confronting the tragedy/trauma of what drove her parents to abandon her and end up dead. We're getting that in tandem with the Saga wrapping up the story/conflict/long con the Emperor set into motion in the first episode which affected/devastated three generations of one family.

http://theconversation.com/crimson-peak-a-gothic-romance-that-takes-us-back-to-the-feminine-early-days-of-horror-49396

Crimson Peak also explores what Kate Ferguson Ellis dubs the “female gothic”; a story concerned with the way female subjects are incarcerated and confined by the repressive ideologies and structures of patriarchal society. The horror of Crimson Peak lies as much in its exploration of the characters’ emotions, in its “feminine” concerns, as in its depiction of gruesome violence and sexual transgression.
a gothic romance intimately concerned with the emotional burden of familial and romantic relationships – and with the psychological cost that care demands take on women. It is also a film that is interested in sexual transgression, monstrosity and excess. Del Toro’s entangling of horror with romance refuses to privilege one form over the other. Subsequently, the film’s horror is located both in the grotesque ghosts and brutal violence and in the claustrophobia its feminine emotional register produces. And as such, it takes horror back to its beginning.

Here's another take on the role of ghosts in Crimson Peak which I'd say fits with how Rey is shown to be somebody who goes from hearing stories, to become part of them/uncovering the truth, and at present having stolen the sacred texts of the Jedi. Also not for nothing, she's an orphan who lost her family to tragedy and potentially violence given what we know about her lying/being in denial about her parents' death:

How do ghosts function in “Crimson Peak”

Shelley Farmer wrote:As Edith describes in the beginning, these female ghosts carry symbolic weight, illustrating in a heightened, fantastical fashion the ways in which women can protect each other, even while living in a world that is structured to act against their autonomy and self-preservation. They, too, are visions of the legacy of the past trauma and violence that reverberates through the lives of the living, though theirs is not limited to their own personal suffering, but carries the burden of an eternal history of women lost to violence.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Sun 17 Nov 2019, 3:12 am

@spacebaby45678
@Gemini
@FrolickingFizzgig
Oh, I’d love it - it’d definitely add to the creep factor and that’d be something newish in the franchise. And as @SW_Heroine_Journey has said, Ridley called TRoS ‘scary’ among other things, so that’d fit.
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 17 Nov 2019, 3:35 am

Gemini wrote:
@spacebaby45678
That is fricking creepy, if so. The attire does look like KoR. The face is like a sewn on mask. Weird.
@Gemini
[quote="FrolickingFizzgig"]@spacebaby45678
Huh, I guess it could be. It does potentially match the Knight with the long mace and minimal cloak in this Vanity Fair shot with JJ. If they are undead ghoul warriors then that's 1) creepy as heck, 2) probably part of Palpatine's long game all along.
@FrolickingFizzgig
nana7marie wrote:@spacebaby45678
@Gemini
@FrolickingFizzgig
Oh, I’d love it - it’d definitely add to the creep factor and that’d be something newish in the franchise. And as @SW_Heroine_Journey has said, Ridley called TRoS ‘scary’ among other things, so that’d fit.
@nana7marie

Not sure how I feel about this.. I hate scary movies.. they have never been my thing.. but after watching some of the Jedi Fallen order specifically the night-sisters portion... there seems to be a similarity to the leaks of Kylo passing giant statues and the walls seem to be similar to the ones behind the dark Rey... also.. The Nightsister empowers the Dathomir males with possession or power of some kind.. or they are like the nightsister dead zombies... they are merely minions or instruments.

concept art for Charal.. Witch of Endor
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 150?cb=20080226172319
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 B4b80d320a45e44428c887b519db14ce7885815e
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 CSk9oiLUcAAjPFn

Palpy learned all the nightsister magicks from Mama Talzin..he has most likely learned Talzin's magicks on life extension and attaching the dead soul to objects.  then Dooku & Griveious murdered them all leaving only Maul and it seems a few others now they like Merrin show up in Jedi Fallen Order.

At the end of Solo... Maul Takes Qira to Dathomir to train in magicks further...

The other thing that connects the KOR to Qira is the weapon that one of the KOR has was in Vos's lair.. also the scythewave is a Dathomir weapon from legends.
Is this what happened to Kylo... see the Rise of Kylo Ren comic book cover... If Ben wishes to be truly free... the answers might lie with the dark side. And with the Knights of Ren!STAR WARS RISE KYLO REN #2 (OF 4)

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 B10a1c7c9b91be6a5de1fce744acb0a7875f29cc
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Hqdefault

In Fallen Order there is a Fallen Jedi who is living with the Dathomir males and has also learned their secrets and magicks....

OMG.. there is a love story between Jedi Cal & Nightsister Merrin...

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Sun 17 Nov 2019, 7:12 am; edited 6 times in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 17 Nov 2019, 4:25 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
Gemini wrote:I'm in firm belief that the truth will set Ben Solo free and Rey wont find it negative and will be thankful. All she wants is Ben Solo back.  I think that the second Kylo allows her to know her place is the second Ben Solo returns and I'll explain why I think this. Its down to visual storytelling and what it means thematically, emotionally and symbolically for Rey and Kylo and the saga as a whole.

As I have stated before in the marketing thread. Most competent poster designers in the industry worth their salt,  know how "show and not tell" with a poster. I've worked in film, I've also created posters for people. We don't get told the plot points but we are told what to put and where on a poster because its the message the studio wants you to put out. A good film poster is designed in such a way as to subtly reveal the themes and possible plot points/tools of the film we are going to see. When they do this correctly, its usually something you will look back on and understand once you get that moment and themes played out on screen. TFA and TLJ posters quite clearly show Rey being the spark of Kylo redemption. In TLJ is also a spark for Luke to ascend.I think that TROS poster is taking this one step further. On all the official posters for the Rise of Skywalker. Rey is trying to do one thing, she is trying to get to the part of the column where you can disable the tractor beam. Palpatine is a looming presence  and Kylo is blocking that particular spot.s he's trying to also do this in the second and final one but this time Palpatine is gone. Instead we have Kylo and the Milennium Falcon shooting upwards over Kylos face. Ascending, rising..Why is all of this relevant to redemption and Ben Solo in TROS? Because Obi Wan disabling the tractor beam is what allows the Millenium Falcon to be set free of the constraints of the death star and the dark side. Its what allows Luke, Leia, Han to rise and escape as well in An New Hope The truth will set Ben Solo free from the constraints of the dark side.
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Tumblr12
To me this is stunningly beautiful story telling. Not only in regards to the symbolism of the saga but in terms of Bendemption and Reylo as a whole. Its beautiful. Its poetic. It fits. I understand others may not see it like that and that Kylo Ren witholding the truth until the right moment means he is a terrible person. Not to me. Ben Solo much like the Falcon is just TRAPPED and needs to be freed  I dont quite know how LF will entwine this theme with the dialogue and character growth but I have 100% faith it will be done beautifully without making Ben Solo look bad. In fact..there may even be a solid and valid reason why Kylo is not revealing who she is yet, it could be for protection and not because its detrimental to his plans. I dont know yet but I know that LF will not make him look like a terrible person either way. Heck, it may have even changed and he doesnt even find out himself until moments before he returns to her. I dont know. I often say he already knows because of the moment in TFA teaser where he clearly picks up Obi Wans saber. He says "what girl" later like he has seen her before but is unsure.  This may have changed now, after all it was hidden in the final version of TFA and can change. It may do. I would personally prefer him to realize it maybe moments before he decides to return to Rey and fight with her but I just cant argue with the visuals I've seen yet. As far as I can guess. He has held the key to the saga for ages.
Snape lied to Harry throughout his whole life. Harry learns the truth and does NOT hate Snape, the audience does not hate Snape. Snape is a hero. Harry respects him and even names his kid after him once the truth is revealed.Jon Snow didnt hate Ned for lying about his lineage either. The Audience also does not hate Ned for lying.If this is the moment it happens and the truth and her place is revealed then she looks a lot happier and relieved towards Ben than she does towards Kylo in any other part of the trailer where he is supposed to be telling her She's a nobody and a Palpatine. Ben solo being free is what Rey has wanted from him all along. For him to be set free from the constraints, turmoil and shackles of Kylo Ren of the dark side. It seems to be happening when he returns with the second light saber. They set each other free.
@Gemini

literally everyone else..

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 7ea2530c5c506e77f59b2f004d723e21f80967e5
The topps cards for the run up to TROS... as some interesting insertions from the saga... notice the iconic moments TOPPS are displaying.. for the Emperor.. not the death star but his botched arrest in ROTS... which is the mirror image of TROS.. on in Chiasm the reversal.. means they will get him this time..The Iconic moment is the Death Star fight between Obi Wan and Darth..
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 171e2b630360fabcc1514a3303185dda268931bb
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 D18f10364efc3dd19f7484cea132dec648067d1d
Also, as far as the Death Star relating to Obi Wan in any way... I know in the trailer for TROS.. when MH does the voice over and says... "no one is ever really gone" the music there is snipped from that moment on the MF in ANH when Luke tells Leia.. "I can't believe he is gone" .so the musical cue gives us a BIG hint about who the voice over is really about..
3 second snippet from ANH.. Luke & Leia

@spacebaby45678

Let me add this image back to the visual storytelling, chiastic structure, ring theory, metaphor and symbolism to your post..... TROS is the reverse of ROTS... literally....
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Tumblr_pwr9saVp7B1y8hadgo2_540
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Sun 17 Nov 2019, 4:39 am

@spacebaby45678

I don't think there is any love story between Cal and Merrin, Merrin called Cal "kid" like a big sister, while Cal cared about Cere the most. After Cal woke up from a near-death experience, all he cared about was Cere. But Cere is a POC woman who wears a unisex outfit and has tomboy haircut, so the fanboys ship Cal and Merrin instead because they find Merrin hotter than Cere.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 17 Nov 2019, 5:21 am

@OrionStars

I don't know why Reylos on twitter start comparing Reylo to Cal and Trilla, I can't see the point of shipping them, Cal wasn't interested in Trilla and only cared about Cere, not to mention that Vader killed Trilla at the end of the game wrote:

perhaps because there is a certain similarity in those two scenes.
and I'm not talking about the characters and their relationships, but visually, they are very similar.
the colors, the crossed lightsabers Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Sun 17 Nov 2019, 5:36 am

@OrionStars
There is no love story between Cal and Cere either so whatever. It is similar to Poe and Leia's relationship in a way. Both relationships are mentor-student type between older woman and younger man that care for each other but not in a romantic way.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 17 Nov 2019, 6:26 am

Confus
Even though Lucasfilm was unhappy with Trevorrow's progress on the script, he and co-writer Derek Connolly are still receiving credit for the movie. According to Collider, the WGA's official writing credits for The Rise of Skywalker include "Story by Derek Connolly & Colin Trevorrow and Chris Terrio & J.J. Abrams

https://screenrant.com › star-wars-9-colin-trevorrow-story-writing-credit
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 42 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 42  Next