Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+58
unicorn
TheLastJedi
Krafty
Socialnole
Blood Moon
Nyx
Chris24601
nonesuch
EchoBase
Moonjump05
Forsythia
whisperingwillow
cherrylipstick
vinventure12
Dar-ren19
Armadeus
Mana
SoloSideCousin
Lily Snape
KiraRen2015
Geralt_Riv
motherofpearl1
FrolickingFizzgig
Mila95
MaddieDove
vaderito
Kylo Rey
olyer
Kyla Ren
Kylo Men
snufkin
Atenais
spacebaby45678
SW_Heroine_Journey
Gemini
Moonlight13
rawpowah
nana7marie
Lovely_Rose
AhsokaTano
SkyStar
Night Huntress
Casper
OrionStars
Teo oswald
SanghaRen
PalmettoBlue
special_cases
rey09
californiagirl
AcrosstheStars
Cowgirlsamurai
Saracene
Riri
nickandnora
ZioRen
lauvamp
fuhry
62 posters

Page 33 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 33 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 24 Nov 2019, 9:16 am

nana7marie wrote:
special_cases wrote:People on Reddit are guessing that this scene will be Pasaana chase with Rey, Finn, Poe and C3PO as they already showed some parts of it on some advertising event.
@special_cases
Yeah, that’d make sense - I’m not expecting anything spectacular, the best we can get is the Knights of Ren to make people pee their pants of excitement. lol!
@nana7marie

Cue more boy band fun! Very Happy Smile

I love those! haha
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 33 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by rey09 Sun 24 Nov 2019, 10:23 am

Very random but anyone has seen his dark materials? Or read the books? I just watched the tv show but I got super fascinated by the parental twist (which I was theorizing as a crack theory and was shocked it was true!!). Would have been very interesting had rey had this sort of background.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Socialnole Sun 24 Nov 2019, 4:36 pm

Went down the reddit hole and have to say if ACT 3 is true Shocked. Crossing fingers that they only got half of it...i also remember Last Jedi Spoilers were way off, like KOR fighting Rey and Luke on Ach-To.
Socialnole
Socialnole
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sun 24 Nov 2019, 7:42 pm

Listening to “The Spark” from The Last Jedi soundtrack, and ugh, the tears are welling up again. Despite my love for Star Wars, the moment the Luke and Leia theme kicks in when they reunite in TLJ is also the only moment I’ve actually got teary eyed at these movies (not even Han’s death). Rian really brought a very human element to Star Wars. Kylo’s ending in TLJ still devastates me, it’s just really f****ing sad. He can’t die at the end of TROS, man. I don’t care how well it could be done, there’s nothing that will stop me from feeling like it’s an unmitigated tragedy - not just for his character, but Star Wars as a whole. As well as being an uninspired rehash that brings nothing new to the table, biggest difference between Vader and Kylo is that the former got to live a longer life and had happier times, Kylo got none of that, and will still be quite young.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sun 24 Nov 2019, 7:56 pm

I don’t see how he can die when his destiny is “eternally intertwined” with the heroine and JJ says that what happens to him in this movie is “fun.” Plus there’s Ben Solo backstory still coming out in the comics in January. I’m no longer worried about the fate they keep teasing for him because it would just be unusually cruel to end him at this point. I was really distressed with how TLJ ended for Kylo too. Probably as worried as audiences were about Han Solo after ESB Smile
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sun 24 Nov 2019, 8:45 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:Listening to “The Spark” from The Last Jedi soundtrack, and ugh, the tears are welling up again. Despite my love for Star Wars, the moment the Luke and Leia theme kicks in when they reunite in TLJ is also the only moment I’ve actually got teary eyed at these movies (not even Han’s death). Rian really brought a very human element to Star Wars. Kylo’s ending in TLJ still devastates me, it’s just really f****ing sad. He can’t die at the end of TROS, man. I don’t care how well it could be done, there’s nothing that will stop me from feeling like it’s an unmitigated tragedy - not just for his character, but Star Wars as a whole. As well as being an uninspired rehash that brings nothing new to the table, biggest difference between Vader and Kylo is that the former got to live a longer life and had happier times, Kylo got none of that, and will still be quite young.
@Kylo Rey

I know, that would be such a waste of time. I mean, he's the last Skywalker... That's the saga? The end of the entire family? I don't see how this is a fair and nice ending.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 24 Nov 2019, 9:09 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I don’t see how he can die when his destiny is “eternally intertwined” with the heroine and JJ says that what happens to him in this movie is “fun.” Plus there’s Ben Solo backstory still coming out in the comics in January. I’m no longer worried about the fate they keep teasing for him because it would just be unusually cruel to end him at this point. I was really distressed with how TLJ ended for Kylo too. Probably as worried as audiences were about Han Solo after ESB :)

@Cowgirlsamurai

People were gutted/worried coming out of ESB and aside from what was happening BTS with Harrison Ford not necessarily wanting to do a 3rd movie, hence Han getting put on ice. The question quickly changed from "will he survive?" to "how will he survive?" Like nobody doubted for a second that Leia wasn't going to get her man back (and murder the guy responsible for it for good measure).

In the immediate aftermath of seeing TFA, I made the mistake of going on to places like Reddit and for awhile thought, "well that sucks, there's so much potential put into this story and those two characters are at their best when they're together but according to people who spend all their time on the Internet discussing the same 4 pop culture vehicles, he'll end up dead and Rey will either be a spinster or get paired off with the designated nice guy." Which thank f**king god that the people who work at LF are smarter than the Internet because there's bits and pieces since then which confirm as with ESB, the question isn't "will he survive/patch things up with Rey?" but "how he's going to survive/patch things up with Rey?"  Also as an addendum for those of you who weren't around during the OT, Lucas wasn't kidding that the Saga movies were meant as an antidote to the prevailing darkness and cynicism in pop culture and the movies. Like I watched a lot of not age appropriate movies around that same era and there's a huge difference between most of what I remember from those films being darker and less optimistic versus what the Saga movies were like. Same thing here, the story is going to put the screws to the characters and threaten to break their hearts, but a dark/bittersweet/downbeat ending isn't happening.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Mon 25 Nov 2019, 2:46 am

A tad random, but I’ve rewatched the Lord of the Rings trilogy recently and I had to chuckle at the amount of times it did the “oh no a character fell off the cliff... oh look they’re alive” Laughing Every single movie and twice in The Return of the King.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Mon 25 Nov 2019, 6:18 am

Pasting this from the Marketing thread so i can discuss leaks

Adam interview from Empire
https://twitter.com/Dandy1138/status/1198910203544117251?s=20
"From my first meeting with JJ about Star Wars,he told me the overall arc for Kylo's character. He didn't know how the three movies would end at that point, but by the start of the third movie,he had explained a journey that was an exciting idea for me to think about. A testament to JJ and Chris Terrio's writing on this one, i think, is that how Kylo's journey has evolved isn't explained in text, but hopefully it's felt"

Chris Terrio:
"I love writing for this guy.Partly because I feel like his innter conflict is a relatable thing.
I find that most bullies are just sad, they're trying to fill a hole inside them. His temper tantrums and his inability to control himself, his joining the Knights of Ren and leading them -clearly this guy is looking for some meaning and connection
He's the son of two heroes...Clearly his having done what he did to his father is something that doesn't go away.His kill the past mantra is him not wanting to look back. it's too painful. That's part of what we explore in this movie"

Also this was written in the Empire article "IX picks up in interesting ways. Rey has been tempted by the darkside in many different ways, and Ren has been tempted by the light"

Adam is basically saying that the text itself will not encapsulate the emotional journey of Kylo, and he had to do that through the acting. It probably makes sense why the leaks are so basic and antagonistic!

Last edited by Riri on Mon 25 Nov 2019, 6:35 am; edited 2 times in total

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Mon 25 Nov 2019, 6:23 am

But, do you believe they will let things ambiguous?

Last edited by Atenais on Mon 25 Nov 2019, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Mon 25 Nov 2019, 6:30 am

I remember how JW reported that Kylo kills Han in “cold blood” even though it was clear trough Adams acting that it was not exactly in cold blood.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Mon 25 Nov 2019, 7:45 am

Did u hear that someone tried to sell the script on eBay?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 33 Screen10

How crazy was that?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 33 Screen11

Last edited by Atenais on Mon 25 Nov 2019, 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Mon 25 Nov 2019, 7:50 am

@SkyStar
The "in cold blood" part is the main evidence for me that the people who use it, antis, haters, and critical crowd, are all writing in bad faith. How can anyone with two eyes describe what Kylo did to Han as cold blood? The man is crying, fcs, and is obviously shaken after!

I also wondered about that statement about explanation in the text of Kylo's journey. What does he refer to as the text, the scripted dialogue, or the story as a narrative, with its structure and beats? Will there be clearly understood acts, or only feelings conveyed? In recent interviews, about Marriage Story, Driver talked how it's not his job as an actor to emote, or to feel what the character is feeling, but to make the public feel. It can be made with the means of the narrative, the dialogue, or the acting. I'm really curious now what he alluded to this time.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Mon 25 Nov 2019, 8:29 am

Riri wrote:Pasting this from the Marketing thread so i can discuss leaks

"From my first meeting with JJ about Star Wars,he told me the overall arc for Kylo's character. He didn't know how the three movies would end at that point, but by the start of the third movie,he had explained a journey that was an exciting idea for me to think about. A testament to JJ and Chris Terrio's writing on this one, i think, is that how Kylo's journey has evolved isn't explained in text, but hopefully it's felt"

Chris Terrio:
"I love writing for this guy.Partly because I feel like his innter conflict is a relatable thing.
I find that most bullies are just sad, they're trying to fill a hole inside them. His temper tantrums and his inability to control himself, his joining the Knights of Ren and leading them -clearly this guy is looking for some meaning and connection
He's the son of two heroes...Clearly his having done what he did to his father is something that doesn't go away.His kill the past mantra is him not wanting to look back. it's too painful. That's part of what we explore in this movie"

Also this was written in the Empire article "IX picks up in interesting ways. Rey has been tempted by the darkside in many different ways, and Ren has been tempted by the light"

Adam is basically saying that the text itself will not encapsulate the emotional journey of Kylo, and he had to do that through the acting. It probably makes sense why the leaks are so basic and antagonistic!
@Riri

Oh boy, Adam said a mouthful here. I totally agree with you @Riri that this makes sense in terms of how the leaker is defining Kylo's (lack of an) arc. The motivations are messed up, probably because we have someone incapable of reading cues that aren't clear cut dialogue. Secondly, "by the beginning of the third movie, J.J. had explained to me a journey that..." I can't help but wonder if he's talking about evolution in between the two films, only because his (perhaps unconscious) emphasis is on the beginning of that film. Obviously I have my own ideas about Kylo's motivation at the start of the film - specifically when he meets Palpatine - in mind, and I too assumed that it wouldn't be spelled out for the audience. However, I do hope there is *something* closer to the end when this is all wrapped up that jumps more into the text, even if it's just a line or two.

Cue obligatory Pride and Prejudice reference: "Surely you must know, it was all for you."

On a positive note, this really does hint that something about Kylo's motivation has changed, or at least that's how I'm reading "how Kylo's journey has evolved" (of course confirmation bias is coming into play here).

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 25 Nov 2019, 8:41 am

Atenais wrote:Did u hear that someone tried to sell the script on eBay?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 33 Screen10

How crazy was that?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 33 Screen11
@Atenais

This is hilarious that the script went up on EBAY lmao, especially after how tech savvy Disney now is in regards to scripts. What a blunder!

LMAO sorry but off topic:

I once got hold of the entire salmon script for PoC 3 and started leaking it online because I was not sure it was true ( I was like 18). This was back before Disney was tech Savvy and the casting director for POC3 ended up DMing me and telling me off..OMG those days were funny as hell. It was nuts how easy it was to get hold of scripts with a bit of digging.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 25 Nov 2019, 9:41 am

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 33 EKOOX62WsAEhXRV?width=461&height=614

French film magazine's coverage. There's a new quote from Daisy about the death star fight and Rey and Kylo's relationship. I took the liberty of translating:
“Shooting this sequence was a big moment for me. I was already very appreciative of the relationship between Rey and Kylo, and the filmmakers have succeeded in creating this sort of love/hate relationship. It’s like something was pulling them together against their will.”

And the above quote (from JJ, I think):
“The force behind The Last Jedi was really the conversations between Rey and Kylo. This revelation is present in The Force Awakens when Kylo removes his mask in front of Rey. We see that something special passes between them. It’s as if Kylo is revealing something intimate about himself that he can never show to anybody. But they’re enemies. They’re two people who experience dark and light, Kylo because of the heavy origins he carries and Rey because she doesn’t know exactly where she comes from and is searching for meaning in life. I can tell you that there are many surprises in this film, many of them you wouldn’t expect from certain characters.”
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty Mon 25 Nov 2019, 10:01 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 33 EKOOX62WsAEhXRV?width=461&height=614

French film magazine's coverage. The top quote is the one we've already heard from Terrio, but there's a new one from Daisy about the death star fight and Rey and Kylo's relationship. I took the liberty of translating:
“Shooting this sequence was a big moment for me. I was already very appreciative of the relationship between Rey and Kylo, and the filmmakers have succeeded in creating this sort of love/hate relationship. It’s like something was pulling them together against their will.”
@FrolickingFizzgig

This quote... *chef's kiss*
Thank you for translating!
I find it really interesting how other languages discuss and portray things differently than traditional American media.
But seriously I love that its at least being acknowledged as what it is rather than being skimmed over like "look here's Rey fighting the nasty baddie in the film Kylo Ren...blah blah blah."
Hopefully it keeps coming like this article.
I love it when Reylos are right.
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 25 Nov 2019, 10:13 am

@FrolickingFizzgig

TY for translating that.

IS there a full translation anywhere?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 25 Nov 2019, 10:27 am

Lawd just google translated the quote..so may be incorrect in places:

EDIT better translation, the top quote is from JJ not Terrio...just ran it through Google translate and it says its JJ who says this? I may be wrong though..fench aint my thing..:

“The force behind The Last Jedi was really the conversations between Rey and Kylo. This revelation is present in The Force Awakens when Kylo removes his mask in front of Rey. We see that something special passes between them. It’s as if Kylo is revealing something intimate about himself that he can never show to anybody. But they’re enemies. They’re two people who experience dark and light, Kylo because of the heavy origins he carries and Rey because she doesn’t know exactly where she comes from and is searching for meaning in life. I can tell you that there are many surprises in this film, many of them you wouldn’t expect from certain characters.”

EDIT -Just noticed you translated before hand @Frolickingfizzgig thanks

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 25 Nov 2019, 10:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 25 Nov 2019, 10:39 am

Love hate relationship
Something pulling them together against their will
Rey's ubermensch force skills ...

Spooky isn't it.. JJ

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 33 Giphy

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 25 Nov 2019, 10:48 am

Has anyone put up the new clip from GMA? https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1198955861743325184

JJ said they finished working on TROS yesterday. As I recall, he was working on the crawl until the week before release. Also, someone left their script under a hotel bed, and another person tried to sell it on ebay. So that happened. Very Happy
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Mon 25 Nov 2019, 10:52 am

Gemini wrote:Lawd just google translated the quote..so may be incorrect in places:

EDIT better translation, the top quote is from JJ not Terrio...just ran it through Google translate and it says its JJ who says this? I may be wrong though..fench aint my thing..:

“The force behind The Last Jedi was really the conversations between Rey and Kylo. This revelation relationship is present in The Force Awakens, with the scene when Kylo removes his mask in front of Rey. We see that something special passes between them. It’s as if Kylo is revealing something intimate about himself that he can never show to anybody. But they’re enemies. They’re two people who experience both have a complicated relation with dark and light the Good and the Evil, Kylo because of the heavy origins he carries and Rey because she doesn’t know exactly at all where she comes from and is searching for meaning in life. I can tell you that there are many surprises in this film, many of them you wouldn’t expect from certain characters.”

@Gemini

I corrected it a little bit.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 25 Nov 2019, 10:53 am

@MaddieDove

Thank you!
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Mon 25 Nov 2019, 11:02 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 33 EKOOX62WsAEhXRV?width=461&height=614

French film magazine's coverage. There's a new quote from Daisy about the death star fight and Rey and Kylo's relationship. I took the liberty of translating:

And the above quote (from JJ, I think):
@FrolickingFizzgig

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 33 Giphy

Well really really interesting... Twisted Evil
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 25 Nov 2019, 11:05 am

nickandnora wrote:
Riri wrote:Pasting this from the Marketing thread so i can discuss leaks

Chris Terrio:

@Riri

Oh boy, Adam said a mouthful here. I totally agree with you @Riri that this makes sense in terms of how the leaker is defining Kylo's (lack of an) arc. The motivations are messed up, probably because we have someone incapable of reading cues that aren't clear cut dialogue. Secondly, "by the beginning of the third movie, J.J. had explained to me a journey that..." I can't help but wonder if he's talking about evolution in between the two films, only because his (perhaps unconscious) emphasis is on the beginning of that film. Obviously I have my own ideas about Kylo's motivation at the start of the film - specifically when he meets Palpatine - in mind, and I too assumed that it wouldn't be spelled out for the audience. However, I do hope there is *something* closer to the end when this is all wrapped up that jumps more into the text, even if it's just a line or two.

Cue obligatory Pride and Prejudice reference: "Surely you must know, it was all for you."

On a positive note, this really does hint that something about Kylo's motivation has changed, or at least that's how I'm reading "how Kylo's journey has evolved" (of course confirmation bias is coming into play here).
@nickandnora

What Adam is saying here was the "problem" with the ending of TLJ. For some reason, many audience members were suddenly face blind and couldn't tell that Kylo didn't end the movie as some unstoppable big bad, but a vulnerable guy still in pain and realizing that he may have just destroyed the one good thing he began to build. Because it was only conveyed through acting and not text. Unfortunately, many a Star Wars fan doesn't seem to pick up on acting alone or just deny it unless it's literally said out loud.

Technically, this is the way a good story should be told. Show don't tell, as they say in all writing classes. In practice, though, something about Star Wars makes everyone suddenly need everything spelled out to the letter (and sheesh, I don't even think any of this was subtle in the least but evidently people need more). We'll see how this turns out for TROS.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 42  Next