Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+58
unicorn
TheLastJedi
Krafty
Socialnole
Blood Moon
Nyx
Chris24601
nonesuch
EchoBase
Moonjump05
Forsythia
whisperingwillow
cherrylipstick
vinventure12
Dar-ren19
Armadeus
Mana
SoloSideCousin
Lily Snape
KiraRen2015
Geralt_Riv
motherofpearl1
FrolickingFizzgig
Mila95
MaddieDove
vaderito
Kylo Rey
olyer
Kyla Ren
Kylo Men
snufkin
Atenais
spacebaby45678
SW_Heroine_Journey
Gemini
Moonlight13
rawpowah
nana7marie
Lovely_Rose
AhsokaTano
SkyStar
Night Huntress
Casper
OrionStars
Teo oswald
SanghaRen
PalmettoBlue
special_cases
rey09
californiagirl
AcrosstheStars
Cowgirlsamurai
Saracene
Riri
nickandnora
ZioRen
lauvamp
fuhry
62 posters

Page 32 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Lily Snape Fri 22 Nov 2019, 10:41 pm

snufkin wrote:For a fanboy Trevorrow doesn't know what the f**k he's talking about, George Lucas said back during the OT that his original plan was that the Emperor would stay out of site until the 9th chapter (which coincidentally would center around a young FS woman as the protagonist) and then emerge as the final antagonist. He only turned up in RotJ because they literally thought that was The End of the Saga.

Otherwise, I've never got the amount of complaining you see among fans about JJ (or any complaining about superfluous sh*t like marketing/interviews) because besides being the person who created these characters/their relationship, look at what Trevorrow was likely going to do with the story, starting with "Hi I'm Poe." The fact that we're getting this movie done by JJ is a goddamn miracle as far as I'm concerned and any/all complaining seems like petty entitled nonsense.
@snufkin

PREACH!!! Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Riri Sat 23 Nov 2019, 2:57 am

New TV spot with KOR and another shot of kYlo

Last edited by Riri on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 3:35 am; edited 2 times in total

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sat 23 Nov 2019, 3:23 am

I got an error message trying to open your video @Riri. This one is low quality but worked for me:

The Ben Solo fangirl in me is screaming. I still get Return of the King vibes every time I see snippets of this battle. I am so starting to look forward to the movie.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 C8386210

Oh and the KoR bounce As mentioned by others here, even if the story s***, I think we’re in for a visually stunning movie. It better not s*** though because so many colleagues are asking me if I already bought my ticket and they will all ask me what I think. It’s quite a lot of pressure being “the” SW fan in the team...

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 72951610
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 23 Nov 2019, 3:27 am

I'm torn between which poster I prefer. Visually the Empire one is much more simple and pleasing to the eye. It says a lot with just 3 elements. Rey and Kylo kill palpatine?

I think it should have been the poster as well. But LF seem to be insistent that the struggle on tractor beam column remains on the majority of promotional material. It must be highly relevant and important to something in this movie.

The crossed sabers is also appearing on a lot as well.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Sat 23 Nov 2019, 5:01 am

Sorry I can't resist the temptation

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 YKaSNLj

OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sat 23 Nov 2019, 9:33 am

SanghaRen wrote:I got an error message trying to open your video @Riri. This one is low quality but worked for me:

The Ben Solo fangirl in me is screaming. I still get Return of the King vibes every time I see snippets of this battle. I am so starting to look forward to the movie.

Oh and the KoR bounce As mentioned by others here, even if the story s***, I think we’re in for a visually stunning movie. It better not s*** though because so many colleagues are asking me if I already bought my ticket and they will all ask me what I think. It’s quite a lot of pressure being “the” SW fan in the team...

@SanghaRen

So, he was impaling someone from behind and using the Force with his left hand? ♥
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Sat 23 Nov 2019, 10:11 am

Gemini wrote:I'm torn between which poster I prefer. Visually the Empire one is much more simple and pleasing to the eye. It says a lot with just 3 elements. Rey and Kylo kill palpatine?

I think it should have been the poster as well. But LF seem to be insistent that the struggle on tractor beam column remains on the majority of promotional material. It must be highly relevant and important to something in this movie.

The crossed sabers is also appearing on a lot as well.
@Gemini

I think that duel is a good choice for (their goal for) the posters, probably not only in that it reminds the audience that the saga will be tied together (Death Star ruins!) and with an epic lightsaber battle, but also, it doesn’t give away the ending— either the Reyloness or the two of them defeating Palpatine which, even without leaks, we all know is going to happen.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 23 Nov 2019, 11:24 am

So we got the first onscreen non-flashback appearance of the KOR, the first shot of the sith troopers, and unmasked Kylo impaling someone? Not a bad haul for one tiny TV spot. I wasn't expecting much of substance from these, we only got one shot of Rey grabbing Kylo's saber from the TLJ ones.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sat 23 Nov 2019, 11:52 am

Hm, I noticed that masked Kylo here has heavy collar in this shot

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 Img_2018

And then in this shot, when he is not masked already, there is clearly no collar

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 Img_2019

I checked all shots from movie and that shot from Kylo's chambers is the only time he got this collar and the only shot where he is masked. I still find it strange that they show scenes only with unmasked Kylo.

special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sat 23 Nov 2019, 12:02 pm

special_cases wrote:Hm, I noticed that masked Kylo here has heavy collar in this shot

And then in this shot, when he is not masked already, there is clearly no collar

I checked all shots from movie and that shot from Kylo's chambers is the only time he got this collar and the only shot where he is masked. I still find it strange that they show scenes only with unmasked Kylo.

@special_cases

You're not alone. I think that Kylo being masked x unmasked plays a big part in the movie.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 23 Nov 2019, 12:07 pm

Atenais wrote:
special_cases wrote:Hm, I noticed that masked Kylo here has heavy collar in this shot

@special_cases

You're not alone. I think that Kylo being masked x unmasked plays a big part in the movie.
@Atenais

With mostly unmasked in the main advertising (forget merchandise lol - that's to sell toys and bad*** t-shirts haha), it's because they are being obvious about Bendemption.  The GA mystery (and *pout* with some here too *pout*) is if Ben survives or not.  

I'm not in marketing/publicity, yet I still have one toe in the GA viewpoint, this is my guess as to why he's primarily unmasked in the advertising. Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Sat 23 Nov 2019, 12:30 pm

special_cases wrote:Oh my, new cover for Empire!

!Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 Img_2017
@special_cases

Stretcher Stretcher Stretcher This cover is simply stunning!

Atenais wrote:Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 Star_w23

It's nice to finally see Leia, but I didn't know that Poe was that big of a character to have his own cover (I would imagine that he would be behind Leia).

I posted all covers here.
@Atenais

I’d have Chewie and Poe change places - I feel it’d make more sense to have a cover with the old team and the young one.

ZioRen wrote:I'm obsessed with that Empire cover! Should've been the movie poster, honestly.
@ZioRen

Approves

Atenais wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:I got an error message trying to open your video @Riri. This one is low quality but worked for me:

@SanghaRen

So, he was impaling someone from behind and using the Force with his left hand? ♥
@Atenais

Stretcher This is so very hot
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Sat 23 Nov 2019, 1:13 pm

Apparently there’ll be an exclusive scene from TRoS on GMA next week - probably nothing too interesting, but who knows? lol!
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 Bb724a10
source
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sat 23 Nov 2019, 1:32 pm

People on Reddit are guessing that this scene will be Pasaana chase with Rey, Finn, Poe and C3PO as they already showed some parts of it on some advertising event.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Sat 23 Nov 2019, 2:09 pm

@special_cases

Ben has the collar and the mask because he is most likely on Kijimi. His mom said him to wear them because it is a snow planet and she doesn't want him to get cold, and as a good boy Ben listens to his mommy. Laughing
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sat 23 Nov 2019, 2:58 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:

@special_cases

Ben has the collar and the mask because he is most likely on Kijimi. His mom said him to wear them because it is a snow planet and she doesn't want him to get cold, and as a good boy Ben listens to his mommy. Laughing
@Geralt_Riv

😂😂😂
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 23 Nov 2019, 5:01 pm

Upon seeing Frozen 2, and Anna mentioning she (and Olaf) are in a pit (trapped in a pit, I cannot remember the exact conversation - hey, only one viewing thus far lol), yet hearing the word pit, I chuckled (and wonder if the leakers got movies crossed) haha

Anyway, the way Frozen 2 concludes, I really doubt Disney will want a repeat of the ending in TRoS (yes, one is Walt Disney Animation Studios and the other is Lucasfilm), yet I really doubt they are going to have the protagonists separated (yet cross paths when plans allow) in two movies released only a month apart.  

As an aside, The rumor is, a side character was going to die in Frozen 2, and Bob Iger did not like it, vetoed it.  For one, I doubt it was the wish for LF to have Ben Solo die in the first place.  Yet if it was, I am thinking Bob Iger would have said, "negative" Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sat 23 Nov 2019, 6:22 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:

@special_cases

@Geralt_Riv

Make sense. Very Happy

Sorry, probably someone already talked about it, but in the throne room scene, seems like Rey is moving towards him, while Kylo keeps waiting.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 8JuGQBXVO2TQyekfW5Rrpb-2sz-6u4--kBktSCklIYfh98yw1JRlF4RqTXDgld-fq6InVx-hUotHg2tKVFzltZ_tQX9Q7Mv3ceoC9iHvcqMB_UFpX1kqBKuPe__b8oqPSOH2DbJnHnxU58xftaG48DVANfwoIOuYzKH5QoO_o8zGfowjcevSAjJ7auM0u4dvOReI6sHitr23ZRc0-yPmbUGKenje9AZ9NCNT1OPHT9lpmLYWe4x6Viu6nfYFCjKIj0dJgjm5pxjfekyEjQ3DDTCJPXFIYnXzS2XC3gjwZ3qSXl0KkVNyIOhYRrG6UsybvuFq_WVIJtgGslQo3BOlaHOlohndd-ZBiFoA8c7LvggEqdR97InMcRqWX5ZUk6pEEjCjAk3Sa75V_7g-GRT3lyHxDxPcDsdtTgpcs5-Cv8MT8jXS5ZWGlgRCZk1DSraOr8hxC7QwArjFO_1cgxGKjfQ8R-yxLmWAC4VgQj348mgT50lh1P4xBZPAcENmJO-PZRAAdWUHAbv7SO24zrBVk-mEBAFItBPkrEfw6t64UFj6BA5qZ4crT3XSPIjpcDN8FIIp5v8lHggpvyyoziuaVnbCeJexh7JdWmR6desPMCc8N6tVnBw3ETkhWZSXZtshELq1exLXB0GAbIemwiFDwWoElKh3pzq09SfdpeExUVjmy0wjN1oOKfKt=w700-h350-no
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Sat 23 Nov 2019, 9:11 pm

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 KugXlMv

Sound familiar. Are they trying to tell us that we should brace ourselves to welcome the self-adopted Skywalker?
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 23 Nov 2019, 9:18 pm

OrionStars wrote:Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 KugXlMv

Sound familiar. Are they trying to tell us that we should brace ourselves to welcome the self-adopted Skywalker?
@OrionStars

Cue Justin Timberlake staring meme

Sigh...loving sigh, yet a sigh...I thought "What a beautiful saying, adds to my appreciation of the show"

and then I read your aside, and .....(cue screeching noise).

Anyway, my answer to your question is "No"

Very Happy Smile

I have spoken
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 23 Nov 2019, 10:28 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:

@OrionStars

Cue Justin Timberlake staring meme

Sigh...loving sigh, yet a sigh...I thought "What a beautiful saying, adds to my appreciation of the show"

and then I read your aside, and .....(cue screeching noise).

Anyway, my answer to your question is "No"

Very Happy Smile

I have spoken
@SW_Heroine_Journey
Yeah, this just has nothing to do with anything beyond being a neat piece of world building for Mandalorian.

At some point it just becomes a matter of having a hypothesis and randomly seeking out any and all evidence that may support it even if that evidence is from a separate piece of media. I understand that there's an emotional investment. It's normal to care, especially when one has devoted time and energy to an argument, but there's a difference between being concerned or skeptical or critical and preparing so inevitably for a set negative reaction that anything, no matter how irrelevant, becomes evidence to bolster that reaction.

The leaks we have are an incomplete picture and lack not only all emotional context, but also dialogue and even entire scenes. Is it possible that the movie will be a disappointment to some? Yes. Of course it is. And I'm sure it will be because we don't all have the same expectations or desires. But nobody can decide how they feel about a film before they see it, especially one that appears to be quite nuanced and full of intriguing details and twists.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 23 Nov 2019, 10:36 pm

For the fans of the Gothic Romance/haunted house influence on the story like @skystar, I noticed this shot in Crimson Peak when Edith first arrives at Allerdale Hale with Sir Thomas Sharpe and the camera pans up to the ceiling to show how how the great house and seat of family power/influence is now decaying and falling apart. Same type of diffused lighting coming in to both shots/scenes (clip).

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 Befunk10

JJ Abrams wrote: It felt like going into the haunted house, the place that you have to go to. This is a story of people having to grapple with the burden the prior generation dumps on those that follow. So literally returning to this wreck of the past and having to fight it out felt like an obvious metaphor, but also felt incredibly cinematic.
---
Even when they’re not together they still haunt each other in a way — they know they are each other’s unresolved business.

In both locations, Crimson Peak and the second Death Star, are the seats of a family's history, power, and trauma where the later generations will have to confront the "wreck of the past" and all it entails. Including whether or not they want to it to determine who they are - the Scavenger abandoned by her filthy junk trader parents and "the New Vader." Fully expect that Rey's arc and conflict will be around her childhood trauma and how it's shaped her, including reverting to Scavenger Fight or Flight mode. The ghosts she'll be confronting is the truth that is her family - what caused her parents to abandon her and end up dead in the worst way possible. Which will either tie in directly with the larger menace lurking in the background or which will make her vulnerable (especially losing Leia, who's been her mentor/emotional support) to the Darkside.

Also the lighting around the Imperial Armada, literally returning from the past/great beyond is diffused with the same type of light in contrast to the sharp/naturalistic light around the Resistance.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 0ado0l10

They're almost like Ghost Ships, which the term Armada itself, there are so many legends/folklore around ghost ships from that era in history
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 24 Nov 2019, 2:56 am

@OrionStars

All speculation (which I'm starting to get tired of,.just wish the movie would come around.)

I think it might mean Rey was a foundling originally. Her parents she was with, may not be her actual parents but mandalorian. It would make sense for LF to tie ideas in with other forms of media to back up the story they may tell in the December movie.

As someone noticed on Twitter. The way she has fixed her saber looks like the mandalorian symbol. Something she has remembered?

Also her fighting style with the staff is very similar to how I have seen the mando fight with close combat weapons.

This image:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 50904-11

Similar in imagery to:

Spoiler:
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 24 Nov 2019, 5:16 am

@OrionStars
@Gemini

Is that qoute from Legends? Specifically Karen Travis version of Mando culture? I know that there was a great schism when George came back for the TCW and did his original idea of Mando culture as we see in the Mandalorian Arc..

Not that it matters as I see Filloni was trying to bring the two visions into alignment during rebels and with the destruction of Mandalore maybe Fav and Filioni are going to incorporate more of Travis world building.. however, if Rey is a Mandoa or half as we kenobists have always suspected.. she maybe connected with George's version of Mando's specifically the Kyrze family clan.

from 1138 blog

Traviss’s first book for Star Wars, Republic Commando, was a tie-in book to a video game that was short and small in scope, and offered our first look into what would become a long definitive take on the Mandalorian culture. Traviss would go on to write more books in the same series and moved the focus off of the clones and onto the Mandalorians who trained them. She fleshed out a lot of what had been touched on previously about Mandalorian culture, including their varying factions and their code of honor, the importance they placed on family, and she gave them a language, Mando’a, which originally started as a way for her to obscure the sort of language that you might hear around a British Army base, but would not fit in the Galaxy Far Far Away.

For a long time, Traviss’ take on the Mandalorians was the definitive one. The fandom around her books exploded, fan groups like the Mando Mercs started up (or grew in size x10), and calls for the culture to be depicted in other places like TV and comics grew exponentially. If Mandalorians were depicted in any form, be it in fan-made content or official media, they were inevitably measured against Traviss’s work. The Mandalorians that she presented were a rustic, rugged culture of tough men and women who strove to be self-sufficient and self-governing, placing far more importance on their clan and family than the governments that happened to be ruling at the time.

Then, The Clone Wars started airing. In its second season, we were given our first look at Mandalorian culture through the filter of George Lucas’s ideas: a society striving to remain neutral in the war and currently being ruled by a staunch pacifist who considered the warrior past of their culture an embarrassment. Shortly thereafter, for contractual reasons, Traviss stopped working on Star Wars books. While ostensibly it did not have anything to do with the vast difference in portrayals of a culture that were somehow supposed to take place around the same time, it’s not hard to read that into the chain of events that led to her departure to other franchise tie-in work.

TCW’s portrayal of the Mandalorian culture was a stark outlier to how it was envisioned just about everywhere else, at least when it initially debuted. They had very formal, cubist architecture instead of rustic huts and homes. They all lived in massive domed cities instead of on farms. Clans were no longer family units, instead becoming political groups that dictated affiliations. Even Mandalore the planet was different, a wasteland of glass and sand littered with craters from long forgotten battles instead of the diverse jungle it was before. Needless to say, fans of the culture Traviss had helped codify were not pleased. The casting of the few Mandalorians who sought to restore their culture to the old ways as the undisputed villains of the piece did not help. But TCW did have something of a plan in place for the long-term depiction of the culture, one that really only came into focus as the series was reaching the end of its fifth season. Through the show’s run we witnessed the slow disintegration of the “New Mandalorian” movement, and “The Lawless” brought us the death of its leader while the different warrior factions that sought to fill the power vacuum ignited a civil war.

@gemini

Yeah, saw that speculation on Twitter.. there might be something to it... interesting that the name of Iron Heart.. in Mandoa is Kar'ta Beskar "Kar"being the base word for heart much like KOR is heart and as we have speculated Kor is Korkies real name Heart...Rey showed an Iron heart or heart of a lion in resisting temptation in EP8...

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 3283138ee6f83adb2603327faa16ec5d1cd27d79

Now that I compare the two images... the design is different? I don't know must keep looking

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_C-QwRrRXuY5zCqrKJpxCaj8lzadcxCuTf3bBqJcHXzT11xvK&s
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Sun 24 Nov 2019, 6:30 am

special_cases wrote:People on Reddit are guessing that this scene will be Pasaana chase with Rey, Finn, Poe and C3PO as they already showed some parts of it on some advertising event.
@special_cases
Yeah, that’d make sense - I’m not expecting anything spectacular, the best we can get is the Knights of Ren to make people pee their pants of excitement. lol!
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next