Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+58
unicorn
TheLastJedi
Krafty
Socialnole
Blood Moon
Nyx
Chris24601
nonesuch
EchoBase
Moonjump05
Forsythia
whisperingwillow
cherrylipstick
vinventure12
Dar-ren19
Armadeus
Mana
SoloSideCousin
Lily Snape
KiraRen2015
Geralt_Riv
motherofpearl1
FrolickingFizzgig
Mila95
MaddieDove
vaderito
Kylo Rey
olyer
Kyla Ren
Kylo Men
snufkin
Atenais
spacebaby45678
SW_Heroine_Journey
Gemini
Moonlight13
rawpowah
nana7marie
Lovely_Rose
AhsokaTano
SkyStar
Night Huntress
Casper
OrionStars
Teo oswald
SanghaRen
PalmettoBlue
special_cases
rey09
californiagirl
AcrosstheStars
Cowgirlsamurai
Saracene
Riri
nickandnora
ZioRen
lauvamp
fuhry
62 posters

Page 38 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 26 Nov 2019, 9:15 pm

She isn’t slashing him, that’s the lighting/lens flare making the saber look longer (we really need this in HD). It looks like she’s swinging it wildly over his head. Rey is really wild and seems to have really lost it here

So they have the conversation where they’re standing/looking at each other, Rey attacks, Kylo is completely disarmed (taken by surprise?). They’re both dry here as well, so I think after this the fight moves outside onto the DS ruins
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Atenais Tue 26 Nov 2019, 9:18 pm

I made a gif from the entire [short] scene and actually we don't see her hitting him, only her going to hit him and he stepping back.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 PQOuwM1DAjNnWt3lYdp6RA5alqazABeQ5Tv0GCjoL0i44v39PM94kyJ60RXEIFRFB8T0kvHT993nU-ApsH4xOHirHbewKyc_Ei2jUS2Mmm3VC8lr7Uesd-Q71YuABx5gC2SAVgUKIx_HcM45sn6kbREipcDUeJjtvvG5ignM3WiewmhsvmZcTjBYAUBWLOeZodvXtoi_WJIFDi0iFHKVp8-VB7u1ipqvJZGSOsmRARUwnIEhSrFJyLDJ7DCWCoyoLVwiZRNJchra1bbSOB9OV3C_M6B281MGfqsz84ppavsBytCUh2tPV6lvtZB0tDOCjm7UCAWBeb-2hHdDo7pPcvK8jDfPObJ1Agre3Hm2ohj_1FF9yTL1DofpVSTYHhMrTSXWuReFe9qRQoCTYltKNdwrv9vo8JvoAkvakNrltsTLH4L9c2OZwY_BUIFv8bNZyiwRc0DxWop8cKvoqSzSvAyhkqWA10BVPAXjDFvkSR2l_fZZ7UnwMFKHCxwpqNAJ5aZ71zqA7p3D2W_1SI5w6ciOXJiWOx-j1e4k5eBfYXRSlMTZ6G9FpZjkdT6bAc61_KWSEpXGVRXCOLFseUnLM3SHSjmYP7HKoVNZP7dqtpZ1sweZ0-t4GKe_ljR8XPBj2fCVWtHmtGW61rrSO-_VdSi7NdPMPXQHhQjgyFZMd9QkJ2L21T8M7wWb=w400-h340-no

First frame:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Sw000110

Last frame:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Sw000210

Last edited by Atenais on Tue 26 Nov 2019, 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 26 Nov 2019, 9:21 pm

This shot is so shooort. Kylo is in so odd body position, like he is shorter than Rey.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 26 Nov 2019, 9:25 pm

special_cases wrote:Yes, you all are right, I found slow mo version and there is no stab. Apologies.

Rey is seriously behaving like she is possessed. It can't be happening after water fight so it can't be fatal stabbing moment? It looks like after they that shot where they are standing apart and looking at each other. Why does she attack him?
@special_cases
Yeah, at this point in the film Rey is really falling and losing herself. She likely attacks him because he smashes her Wayfinder and he has the other one. I believe the most logical interpretation is that he's trying to stop her from finding Palpatine at this point in the film. He has realized that he was being used and is desperate that she not go down that path, but she just saw a vision of herself on the dark side and isn't seeing straight at all. He's an obstacle to her, he gave up everything in his life that she would have dreamed to have and she takes out all her frustration on him.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Tue 26 Nov 2019, 9:25 pm

special_cases wrote:Yes, you all are right, I found slow mo version and there is no stab. Apologies.

Rey is seriously behaving like she is possessed. It can't be happening after water fight so it can't be fatal stabbing moment? It looks like after that shot where they are standing apart and looking at each other. Why does she attack him?
@special_cases

Oh GOD, you made me look at the leaks again. I saw at least ten "I'm told that..."s as I was scrolling through just trying to find one tiny piece of info and my eyes are bleeding. I'll never forgive you. Smile

Here's the pertinent part:

Kylo takes possession of the Emperor’s wayfinder,
destroys it and indicates to Rey that the only way to get another wayfinder is to go through him
and take Vader’s.
A lightsaber battle ensues, beginning in the throne room and eventually
transitioning...(outside)

First of all: Kylo's motivation in this film has totally been trying to keep her away from Palps for her own protection. I am TELLING you guys. The source is communicating it, but just not seeing it.

Secondly: Why on earth would Kylo destroy a Wayfinder to keep it from her only to turn around and say (in the same instant) that the other one is in his car?

I suggested that when Kylo makes the Palpatine/grandfather reveal in this scene, he might be being coerced by Rey to do so (ie. "You will tell me what you heard in that room!") Wouldn't the inexplicable nature of this Wayfinder confession also be indicative of that?

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 26 Nov 2019, 9:33 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

Rey is seriously behaving like she is possessed. It can't be happening after water fight so it can't be fatal stabbing moment? It looks like after they that shot where they are standing apart and looking at each other. Why does she attack him?
@special_cases
Yeah, at this point in the film Rey is really falling and losing herself. She likely attacks him because he smashes her Wayfinder and he has the other one. I believe the most logical interpretation is that he's trying to stop her from finding Palpatine at this point in the film. He has realized that he was being used and is desperate that she not go down that path, but she just saw a vision of herself on the dark side and isn't seeing straight at all. He's an obstacle to her, he gave up everything in his life that she would have dreamed to have and she takes out all her frustration on him.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Sounds right! Thumbs up

nickandnora wrote:

Rey is seriously behaving like she is possessed. It can't be happening after water fight so it can't be fatal stabbing moment? It looks like after that shot where they are standing apart and looking at each other. Why does she attack him?
@special_cases

Oh GOD, you made me look at the leaks again. I saw at least ten "I'm told that..."s as I was scrolling through just trying to find one tiny piece of info and my eyes are bleeding. I'll never forgive you. Smile

destroys it and indicates to Rey that the only way to get another wayfinder is to go through him
and take Vader’s.

First of all: Kylo's motivation in this film has totally been trying to keep her away from Palps for her own protection. I am TELLING you guys. The source is communicating it, but just not seeing it.

Secondly: Why on earth would Kylo destroy a Wayfinder to keep it from her only to turn around and say (in the same instant) that the other one is in his car?

I suggested that when Kylo makes the Palpatine/grandfather reveal in this scene, he might be being coerced by Rey to do so (ie. "You will tell me what you heard in that room!") Wouldn't the inexplicable nature of this Wayfinder confession also be indicative of that?
@nickandnora

Thank you for your sacrifice, it won't be forgotten, trust me. Smile I think I mind wiped myself in some unconscious self-defense mode because now I can't remember half of stuff in these leaks. 😂
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 26 Nov 2019, 9:34 pm

That’s the first thing that came to mind as well. It’s a really odd body position, kind of looks like he was kneeling or something. Probably because it’s caught in the middle of him trying to dodge her blow. One thing that’s puzzling me though, if the fight continues out onto the DS, why is Rey waiting for him there? It seems like a whole different scene. Unless another scene in the middle breaks those scenes up.

Someone pointed this out, but Kylo puts away his saber/has disarmed himself in the exact same place as Uncle Luke, in that iconic moment in ROTJ! What a parallel!

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 B8e5e751ace398935386088e4515d4622c69ad98_hq
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Nov 2019, 9:36 pm

I think the ground Rey and Kylo are standing on is slanted, with Kylo in a lower position and Rey up higher. Maybe that's why Kylo looks shorter/around Rey's height.

Something dramatic and permanently changing to their relationship will happen either during or after this fight (if it indeed is the same scene as this image). Rey stabbing him could be the catalyst to that change?

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 26 Nov 2019, 9:38 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:She isn’t slashing him, that’s the lighting/lens flare making the saber look longer (we really need this in HD). It looks like she’s swinging it wildly over his head. Rey is really wild and seems to have really lost it here

So they have the conversation where they’re standing/looking at each other, Rey attacks, Kylo is completely disarmed (taken by surprise?). They’re both dry here as well, so I think after this the fight moves outside onto the DS ruins
@Kylo Rey
He isn't even holding his lightsaber. You can see that his left hand is empty. Yikes, Rey!

The fact that he's unarmed when she attacks completely disproves the horrible surface-level interpretation that he's trying to make her angry or whatever JP's source said. She's viscious and out for blood all on her own. Lighting in SW doesn't lie. I could tell as soon as I saw the first picture of the throne room with Kylo's face bathed in light and Rey backed into the corner with her lightsaber drawn that the character details were very off.

@nickandnora
Being commanded with the Force and trying to fight it off may be why he seems to be hunched over. His knees are bent.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Tue 26 Nov 2019, 9:45 pm

You know, I keep wondering about the placement of this "Dark Rey" scene in the leaks and wondering if it's wrong. It says that she has a vision of Dark Rey right before she encounters Kylo in the throne room of the Death Star. I know that would mess her up, disorient her even further, etc. But wouldn't it be more dramatically effective if it's a vision she sees right after she stabs Kylo? This is actually Rey's darkest moment after all; she's stabbed a person that she likely cares for who was in the process of trying to protect her while he was also vulnerable and defenseless from the death of his mother. This should be when she looks up and sees her dark doppelganger. It's her "look into the abyss" moment, and she should literally be seeing the abyss looking back at her.

That's just my opinion though. Maybe it works in the spot where it's currently at as well.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Tue 26 Nov 2019, 9:54 pm

special_cases wrote:This shot is so shooort. Kylo is in so odd body position, like he is shorter than Rey.
@special_cases

Or maybe Rey has the higher ground  Twisted Evil

nickandnora wrote:

@special_cases

and take Vader’s.

@nickandnora

I think Kylo desperately tries to reconnect with Rey and he just wants Rey to "need" him again so he uses the Wayfinder as a "legit reason" for Rey to reconsider to be with him at least for a time. But it's just my interpretation.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 26 Nov 2019, 9:59 pm

I think they will release international trailer today or tomorrow. Too many new shots in new TV spots. It have been 5 weeks since US trailer and there are 22 days until release. I may hope there are some really spoilerish things there or more Reylo focus because why it takes so long to release it ..  i really want to see Palpy finally.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 26 Nov 2019, 10:00 pm

toolonelytosleep wrote:I think the ground Rey and Kylo are standing on is slanted, with Kylo in a lower position and Rey up higher. Maybe that's why Kylo looks shorter/around Rey's height.

Something dramatic and permanently changing to their relationship will happen either during or after this fight (if it indeed is the same scene as this image). Rey stabbing him could be the catalyst to that change?
@toolonelytosleep

Yes, and it's a inclined ground.

@FrolickingFizzgig @nickandnora

Something doesn't feel right, she seems active in her aggressiveness, walking towards him while he keeps in the same place.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Slash10
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 26 Nov 2019, 10:02 pm

This has also been my thought. We see Rey being totally off and doing some really wild, dark things, even when she's not technically dark!Rey. So, what is dark!Rey? It's like the black outfit and double saber aren't even necessarily for her to do bad things in the first place. And JP seriously thought Kylo was taunting Rey? Seems more like he's trying to calm her.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 26 Nov 2019, 10:04 pm

Last edited by Atenais on Tue 26 Nov 2019, 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Tue 26 Nov 2019, 10:13 pm

Atenais wrote:This is new video: https://twitter.com/itslestrange1/status/1199534290037624833?

I didn't see this one either!!!
@Atenais

Oh my god, she does the handwave with the Stormtroopers. She's mind controlling them. What did I JUST say above?!

(at the very least this is foreshadowing the idea that getting someone to do/say something against their will is present in the film).

Last edited by nickandnora on Tue 26 Nov 2019, 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 26 Nov 2019, 10:15 pm

Rey screaming Chewie... is that when she think she’s killed him or is that when the FO captures him? Seems like a lot of drama to spend time on tbh
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by KiraRen2015 Tue 26 Nov 2019, 10:19 pm

nickandnora wrote:
Atenais wrote:This is new video: https://twitter.com/itslestrange1/status/1199534290037624833?

I didn't see this one either!!!
@Atenais

Oh my god, she does the handwave with the Stormtroopers. She's mind controlling them. What did I JUST say above?!

(at the very least this is foreshadowing the idea that getting someone to do/say something against their will is present in the film).
@nickandnora

Before TLJ came out I thought that Rey would struggle with being able to control minds. Her powers in Battlefront 2 involve messing with oppoenent's heads and scrambing player controls. Maybe it's something similar here. Maybe she starts to believe that she's the only one who can save the galaxy and uses mind control? That could fit into her being tempted by the dark.
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 26 Nov 2019, 10:32 pm

His face... what’s going on here, feels mega important

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 A0baa110
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 27 Nov 2019, 12:16 am

If there's one thing that worries me about these leaks, it's Rey stabbing Kylo while he's in shock after losing his mother.
I really hope that they are wrong, or she's possessed, because I'm going to end up hating her if not.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Wed 27 Nov 2019, 1:06 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:If there's one thing that worries me about these leaks, it's Rey stabbing Kylo while he's in shock after losing his mother.
I really hope that they are wrong, or she's possessed, because I'm going to end up hating her if not.
@motherofpearl1

My friends (who aren't Reylos) already DM and asked me why did Rey attack Kylo all the time in those TROS promotion clips, they even said Rey/Kylo's fights looked ...generic and disheartened tbh. They expected something more ...tempting, exciting and a bit more Reylo (like what I talked to them about the Reylo ship) for them to decide if TROS is worth seeing.
I can't deny that Rey looks so hostile and tries to strike Kylo down all the time in every single clip, it absolutely contradicts what the PR spin is promoting on foreign magazines about  TROS right now. It won't be a surprise for me if she succeeds in killing Kylo like what happened in the leaks.

Last edited by OrionStars on Wed 27 Nov 2019, 1:10 am; edited 2 times in total
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 27 Nov 2019, 1:06 am

Must be a force bond moment? Its a reveal/build up shot when he arrives in the flesh outside in the storm. Which is after this moment right? Why would they use such an anticipating shot if we already met him properly inside the DS? Makes no sense in terms of film language and continuity.

Last edited by Gemini on Wed 27 Nov 2019, 1:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Wed 27 Nov 2019, 1:15 am

I actually don’t buy the dialogue that JP leaked after she stabs Kylo and is like “that’s why ill never turn dark” because it contradicts press interviews where they have stated that Rey is tempted by the dark, and Kylo is tempted by the light. I think perhaps that scene may be the turning point for her and she runs off to Ahch-To. Rey is 100% the aggressor and Kylo is going to try and stop her from falling, now THAT is pretty romantic.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Wed 27 Nov 2019, 1:27 am

Riri wrote:I actually don’t buy the dialogue that JP leaked after she stabs Kylo and is like “that’s why ill never turn dark” because it contradicts press interviews where they have stated that Rey is tempted by the dark, and Kylo is tempted by the light. I think perhaps that scene may be the turning point for her and she runs off to Ahch-To. Rey is 100% the aggressor and Kylo is going to try and stop her from falling, now THAT is pretty romantic.
@Riri

Yeah, it's really contradicted. "She still has hope in him. She has so much faith in him" but once the dark side feeding her some sith, she stabs him nevertheless? lol! You can't commit that horrible act if you really have faith in him IMO.

OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Wed 27 Nov 2019, 1:30 am

Riri wrote:I actually don’t buy the dialogue that JP leaked after she stabs Kylo and is like “that’s why ill never turn dark” because it contradicts press interviews where they have stated that Rey is tempted by the dark, and Kylo is tempted by the light. I think perhaps that scene may be the turning point for her and she runs off to Ahch-To. Rey is 100% the aggressor and Kylo is going to try and stop her from falling, now THAT is pretty romantic.
@Riri

"That's why I'll never turn" is totally misinterpreted by the source. Especially "that's why" part. Perhaps she is saying that that she will never turn while she is healing him as a way to say that they will never be together or because she is already planning to go in exile. This moment when she heals him - this is supposed to be intimate. It doesn't make sense not to say something personal because this is perfect set up for this narratively.

There are few moments in leaks where there are obvious set ups for personal intimate moments. Either the source truly don't know dialogues or purposefully ommited the context. Even with JJ usual crazy pacing there should be moments like this and I have a feeling that this JJ's movie will have more character study moments

- When Kylo snatches her necklace (similar to meeting on Takadana)
- When Rey destroys Vader's helmet
- When Kylo takes her Wayfinder
- When Rey heals him
- When they reunited on Exogol after she discovers that he didn't left her alone
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next