Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+52
Kylo Rey
Moonjump05
DeeBee
MindAndMagic
Piper Maru
unicorn
bruna8728
Night Huntress
giaciak2
Riri
Mila95
Saracene
SkyStar
Kylo Men
Kyla Ren
bashfulblueeyes3
OrionStars
ZioRen
nemapasara
reylo1992
Sarah_Loves28
AcrosstheStars
spacebaby45678
Kessel
KiraRen2015
Blood Moon
rawpowah
Armadeus
snufkin
Cowgirlsamurai
AhsokaTano
MaddieDove
Geralt_Riv
SoloSideCousin
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
Gemini
Lily Snape
nana7marie
special_cases
12 Parsnips
Oscarborough-fairo
Dar-ren19
nickandnora
tukicarreno
cherrylipstick
rey09
Atenais
vaderito
Teo oswald
SanghaRen
SW_Heroine_Journey
56 posters

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 10 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 24 Dec 2019, 1:58 pm

Class act. And a gentleman.

I wish he'd directed TROS
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Tue 24 Dec 2019, 3:26 pm

Defy cynical narrative. Ugh. Rian just tell us your story and that'll be my cannon.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bruna8728 Tue 24 Dec 2019, 6:08 pm

rey09 wrote:Defy cynical narrative. Ugh. Rian just tell us your story and that'll be my cannon.
@rey09

haha, I would read a fanficton writen by Rian on how whe would finish the saga, it would be awesome. And I just remembered the recent Jenny Nicholson video where she reads Alan Dean Foster's idea for episode 9, well I guess TROS could be worse, so much worse.

bruna8728
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Tue 24 Dec 2019, 6:22 pm

bruna8728 wrote:
rey09 wrote:Defy cynical narrative. Ugh. Rian just tell us your story and that'll be my cannon.
@rey09

haha, I would read a fanficton writen by Rian on how whe would finish the saga, it would be awesome. And I just remembered the recent Jenny Nicholson video where she reads Alan Dean Foster's idea for episode 9, well I guess TROS could be worse, so much worse.
@bruna8728

Well Rian did say this too...

"They could also make out! I’m going to give you a spinoff movie …"

Uh this has become so much more relevant. Can someone @ this to rian LOL

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Thu 26 Dec 2019, 8:16 am

JB is going to spend the next weeks trying to explain that to fans.

TFA is on TV. The good times when I liked Finn and thought he would actively stir a rebellion with the stormtroopers instead of running after Rey and just making friends with a handful of former stormtroopers who already defected. But we’ll surely have Finn spinoffs whatever the form.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Moonlight13 on Thu 26 Dec 2019, 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spoiler)
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 26 Dec 2019, 12:12 pm

Looks like he wasn't keen on it either!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Sat 28 Dec 2019, 5:49 am

SanghaRen wrote:JB is going to spend the next weeks trying to explain that to fans.

TFA is on TV. The good times when I liked Finn and thought he would actively stir a rebellion with the stormtroopers instead of running after Rey and just making friends with a handful of former stormtroopers who already defected. But we’ll surely have Finn spinoffs whatever the form.

Spoiler:
@SanghaRen
After shading TLJ and his comments re: Tran
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 10 C4951410
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sun 29 Dec 2019, 11:56 pm

Hey all this is a tweet geekfurious posted yesterday ( I think he was one of the guys like MSW, Bespin bulletin and Jedi praxis that had a similar source to them and he got the title right couple of months before it was officially released ) :Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 10 7a789110
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Mon 30 Dec 2019, 12:11 am

AhsokaTano wrote:Hey all this is a tweet geekfurious posted yesterday ( I think he was one of the guys like MSW, Bespin bulletin and Jedi praxis that had a similar source to them and he got the title right couple of months before it was officially released ) :Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 10 7a789110
@AhsokaTano

Getting flashbacks to the Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition. 3 hours of abject misery
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 30 Dec 2019, 1:04 am

This is annoyingly common now. Like put out a completed movie in theaters on the first go, instead or rushing it and then semi-finishing it later to wring out more money from people. Special editions decades later are one thing, this sounds like added footage (perhaps what was cut from the initial runtime), but not an altered ending, as I've seen some hoping for.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 30 Dec 2019, 1:36 am

Also this - :Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 10 A3fdb310
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 30 Dec 2019, 1:48 am

californiagirl wrote:This is annoyingly common now. Like put out a completed movie in theaters on the first go, instead or rushing it and then semi-finishing it later to wring out more money from people. Special editions decades later are one thing, this sounds like added footage (perhaps what was cut from the initial runtime), but not an altered ending, as I've seen some hoping for.

More Adam scenes and a better ending - fine. But the same c*** finale and more TRIO - no thanks.

When I first saw TFA , what I liked was that the characters were so different to the original gang - it's impossible to replicate the genuine chemistry Mark, Carrie and Harrison had. Instead we got a male character who was running away from adventure instead of towards it, a nobody heroine and a sympathetic villain.

Then they destroyed it with this..... rubbish. I never once thought I'd call a SW film rubbish, but sadly that's what it is.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Mon 30 Dec 2019, 1:53 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
californiagirl wrote:This is annoyingly common now. Like put out a completed movie in theaters on the first go, instead or rushing it and then semi-finishing it later to wring out more money from people. Special editions decades later are one thing, this sounds like added footage (perhaps what was cut from the initial runtime), but not an altered ending, as I've seen some hoping for.

More Adam scenes and a better ending - fine. But the same  c*** finale and more TRIO - no thanks.

When I first saw TFA , what I liked was that the characters were so different to the original gang - it's impossible to replicate the genuine chemistry Mark, Carrie and Harrison had. Instead we got a male character who was running away from adventure instead of towards it, a nobody heroine and a sympathetic villain.

Then they destroyed it with this..... rubbish. I never once thought I'd call a SW film rubbish, but sadly that's what it is.
@motherofpearl1

JP/JW's original leak had a different ending where the faux trio had a group selfie on Tatooine instead of only Rey and droids. Ben didn't survive in both the old leak and the new leak.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Mon 30 Dec 2019, 11:55 am

OrionStars wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:

More Adam scenes and a better ending - fine. But the same  c*** finale and more TRIO - no thanks.

@motherofpearl1

JP/JW's original leak had a different ending where the faux trio had a group selfie on Tatooine instead of only Rey and droids. Ben didn't survive in both the old leak and the new leak.
@OrionStars

I don´t need an ending with the "trio", either.
Probably more waste of time with happy fanservice moments in the extended version, nothing else.Mad
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 30 Dec 2019, 7:59 pm

Best summary in 240 characters of what was set up starting with Arndt's line about how it was deliberate showing Rey's path from the character the lowest on the food chain in all of the movies starting in TFA, to the themes about the Jedi, Rich A**holes in Canto Bight, DJ, everything in Solo about Han and Qi'ra's paths out of Correlia and being scrumrats and the different paths that set them on, Enfys Nest's unmasking and speech about the dispossessed banding together to fight back against the Empire and the Syndicates, which we saw again in Bloodline with the Syndicates funding the First Order. Instead we got something "satisfying"

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 10 Screen67
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Mon 30 Dec 2019, 8:27 pm

snufkin wrote:Best summary in 240 characters of what was set up starting with Arndt's line about how it was deliberate showing Rey's path from the character the lowest on the food chain in all of the movies starting in TFA, to the themes about the Jedi, Rich A**holes in Canto Bight, DJ, everything in Solo about Han and Qi'ra's paths out of Correlia and being scrumrats and the different paths that set them on, Enfys Nest's unmasking and speech about the dispossessed banding together to fight back against the Empire and the Syndicates, which we saw again in Bloodline with the Syndicates funding the First Order. Instead we got something "satisfying"

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 10 Screen67
@snufkin

Amen.

With TROS, we're right back where we started. Nothing has fundamentally changed in the galaxy. Old philosophies and prejudices remain firmly intact and, it seems, must never be questioned.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 30 Dec 2019, 11:21 pm

@Armadeus Before I finally decided to go see TFA (after it'd been in theaters for 2 months) I remember reading a spoiler-free review that said something to that effect. "They had 30 or so years of the galaxy at peace and now everything has fallen apart all over again and Lando is the only sensible person who's staying out of the fray." That really didn't recommend it to me in terms of being fun or optimistic. Which from the sounds of this movie, they took the entire set-up from Arndt saying he envisioned Rey as the main character in the Saga who comes from the absolute bottom of the social ladder, including her age and gender, the themes in TLJ mentioned above, which were oh by the way, reinforced in Solo with the background of Han and Qi'ra putting them on different paths and even bringing in Enfys Nest to give that entire speech. Still haven't seen the movie yet (and it's now way below other movies I want to see) but they had everything set up exactly for that point, time to pass the torch and for the new generation to tackle/change the status quo in order to achieve balance. F**k it didn't even answer LST saying "This will make things right" or even telling Ben "You cannot deny the truth that is your family" (or it punted that over to Rey).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 03 Jan 2020, 7:35 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 10 Screen68
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Fri 03 Jan 2020, 8:26 pm

snufkin wrote:Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 10 Screen68
@snufkin

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 10 Sad-nod-gif-5

And I'm someone who genuinely enjoys the F&F movies for the mindless theme park rides they are Razz
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 04 Jan 2020, 12:57 am

@Armadeus I've watched it 2x now and come to the conclusion that LF spent all that time recruiting/casting some of the best working actors in film and then churned out something like 1970s nonsense disaster movies where it was stacked with Oscar winners but it's not even good trash, just mediocre. TRoS is something like The Poseidon Adventure or The Airport movies from the 1970s.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sat 04 Jan 2020, 1:53 am

@snufkin

Remember Earthquake? Razz

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 10 Earthquake_movie
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 04 Jan 2020, 2:11 am

@Armadeus LOL I'm a Californian so ofc I do! But yes, that's the genre TRoS falls under, not space opera.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Sat 04 Jan 2020, 2:46 am

snufkin wrote:@Armadeus I've watched it 2x now and come to the conclusion that LF spent all that time recruiting/casting some of the best working actors in film and then churned out something like 1970s nonsense disaster movies where it was stacked with Oscar winners but it's not even good trash, just mediocre. TRoS is something like The Poseidon Adventure or The Airport movies from the 1970s.
@snufkin

I think at least some of these movies were better. They were able to create some tension and made you invested at least in some of the characters.
AND as far as I remember, they had never such a bleak ending or a major character death for naught.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Sat 04 Jan 2020, 3:33 am

unicorn wrote:
snufkin wrote:@Armadeus I've watched it 2x now and come to the conclusion that LF spent all that time recruiting/casting some of the best working actors in film and then churned out something like 1970s nonsense disaster movies where it was stacked with Oscar winners but it's not even good trash, just mediocre. TRoS is something like The Poseidon Adventure or The Airport movies from the 1970s.
@snufkin

I think at least some of these movies were better. They were able to create some tension and made you invested at least in some of the characters.
AND as far as I remember, they had never such a bleak ending or a major character death for naught.
@unicorn

Absolutely they were better! I have a soft spot for 1970s disaster movies and they rock! They're positively cathartic, while this cannot be said for TROS at all. TROS is a disaster, but the kind you feel embarrassment while watching cause they're trying hard but it's simply bad. It's more like 1990s B-movie sci-fis with ageing stars (Sphere, Red Planet and such).
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sat 04 Jan 2020, 6:00 am

@MaddieDove

They were totally inspired by 1990s B-movie sci-fis.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Moonlight13 on Sat 04 Jan 2020, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spoiler)
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next