Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+54
Mana
lauvamp
Armadeus
Dar-ren19
MindAndMagic
Nyx
motherofpearl1
bruna8728
Casey Kanata
Krafty
AhsokaTano
giaciak2
Chris24601
bashfulblueeyes3
SheLitAFire
Birdwoman
loversinthestorm
Piper Maru
Moonlight13
snufkin
Kylo Men
SkyStar
Oscarborough-fairo
SW_Heroine_Journey
Casper
Moonjump05
spacebaby45678
Gemini
MaddieDove
Lily Snape
KiraRen2015
nemapasara
Saracene
reylo1992
Mila95
Lovely_Rose
ReyloSpanishFan
special_cases
Kylo Rey
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
rawpowah
Sad Man
Riri
Atenais
Teo oswald
nana7marie
AcrosstheStars
whisperingwillow
OrionStars
rey09
californiagirl
Cowgirlsamurai
nickandnora
58 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by OrionStars Thu 05 Dec 2019, 4:51 pm

Gemini wrote:Are they trolling?

Adam said this?

“[Kylo Ren] has a different identity, a different definition of what redemption is,” Driver says. “He’s already been redeemed in his story. I don’t think there is a thought of redemption. He doesn’t have an outside lens of the events, you know — you know what I mean? That’s more of an outsider’s view of his world.”
@Gemini

I've read plenty of Chinese's xianxia novel Link in both English and Chinese (since I'm bored of waiting for weeks and months for new English chapters), there are plenty of characters who are worse than Kylo in Xianxia and they don't need redemption, they just ...move on with their life. There are some Xianxia male protagonists who were necrophiliac and they even kept their dead wife/lover's corpse for a couple of hundred years while they tried to find a way to resurrect their loved one. Vader and Kylo are really vanilla compared to them. So from what I've read, I think, technically Kylo did nothing wrong and he doesn't need redemption, but since redemption is a trope that US society keens on, I guess Kylo should be redeemed for his own sake.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by reylo1992 Thu 05 Dec 2019, 5:05 pm

Saracene wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:About the decision to bring Kylo's helmet back:

J.J.: “Part of it is about his commitment to the Dark Side. As you’ll see, he’s becoming Supreme Leader…his focus has been a little bit more on practical matters. He’s assumed that position within the First Order. It represents his re-committing to the Dark Side, to the Knights of Ren,and then because of a very specific thing that he’s about to go do. As you see in the story, there’s a reason for it. It might not be clear at this moment”
@reylo1992

I'm really curious what this specific reason is, especially when the leaks, if I remember correctly (I'm not reading that headache-inducing thing again) don't seem to shed any light on this either.
@Saracene

I didn't even mind to read the leaks into details, just what people tell about them (i.e. pit). IMO, most ain't true or lack proper context.  

Strangely, everybody keeps asking insistant questions on Rey, which Daisy answers pretty openly in general and it's like the Star Wars crew struggles to make understand basic things i.e. she is not a Skywalker by blood.  But these comments here are like nearly every infos surrounding Kylo Ren/Ben Solo from the very begining of the ST: pretty vague, mysterious and carefully worded.

By the way, I wonder what is the context of this shot here. I found a HD gif of it. Looks like Kylo is inside some house/cave and gets attacked by at least two persons. One can see a box and some teapot/magic lamp bounce
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Captur72
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Captur73
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx Thu 05 Dec 2019, 5:18 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:I have to admit....
I'm not as fond of Rey as I was at the beginning of the ST.
Nothing to do with Daisy bless her, it's probably due to the comics, I really find her a bit irritating in them.
Kylo has become my favourite SW character period. Even more than Han Solo. I really want to see TROS. But if it's confirmed he dies...
Don't think I'll be able to see it. I know as a woman I should be invested in Rey's character, but for me her relationship with Kylo isctge heart and soul of the ST. Rey as the Skywalker heir....
No, sorry. Just leaves me cold. Never mind.
@motherofpearl1

This is me. I haven't bought a ticket yet. I'm waiting to see if he's alive at the end of the movie. He's my favourite character and although both Rey and Kylo were equally my favourites in TFA I just ended up not connecting that much with Rey as I have with Kylo.
They talk about the ending being hopeful and satisfying and I just can't see them killing him off. It just doesn't make sense.

Nyx
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Thu 05 Dec 2019, 5:33 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Gemini wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Gemini wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig

Ahh ok. Kylo tunnel vision?

@Gemini
No, I wouldn't even call it that. He's identifying how the character sees himself within the universe of the story. "Redemption" is how the audience would see a heel-face-turn, but that's not how Kylo sees it.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Ah ok. I hope that's it.

As was said, I just want the movie now. I may stop reading articles etc.
@Gemini
I mean, if you were confused/concerned by something like this then a break might be good. I really don't know how one could take this in any other light, however. Characters don't have fan POVs with strict binaries of good and bad and that's what Adam is going into; Kylo doesn't even see himself as being "evil". He's always trying to do what he feels is right and what will bring him satisfaction (and distraction). He doesn't need to be redeemed; in his eyes, he isn't the bad guy. He needs to understand who he wants to be in life, and he isn't finding that where he is right now.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I wonder though redemption or not, does guilt fit into any of this? Kylo has done awful things. He killed his father, and that first guy in TFA. I think a basic is when you have done something actually objectively bad, you either feel bad/guilty and want to atone or you think it's ok which would be disturbing.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Thu 05 Dec 2019, 5:42 pm

rey09 wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Gemini wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@Gemini
No, I wouldn't even call it that. He's identifying how the character sees himself within the universe of the story. "Redemption" is how the audience would see a heel-face-turn, but that's not how Kylo sees it.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Ah ok. I hope that's it.

@Gemini
I mean, if you were confused/concerned by something like this then a break might be good. I really don't know how one could take this in any other light, however. Characters don't have fan POVs with strict binaries of good and bad and that's what Adam is going into; Kylo doesn't even see himself as being "evil". He's always trying to do what he feels is right and what will bring him satisfaction (and distraction). He doesn't need to be redeemed; in his eyes, he isn't the bad guy. He needs to understand who he wants to be in life, and he isn't finding that where he is right now.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I wonder though redemption or not, does guilt fit into any of this? Kylo has done awful things. He killed his father, and that first guy in TFA. I think a basic is when you have done something actually objectively bad, you either feel bad/guilty and want to atone or you think it's ok which would be disturbing.
@rey09

It depends how things are gonna be presented in TROS. I believe there is a reason why they keep showing TV spots of Rey attacking first. That's basically what happened during their first encounter on Takodana when he told her : "You would kill me, knowing nothing about me" and Rey shoots "Why wouldn't I kill you? I know about the FO". There was the same vibe in their Force Skype: "I know everything I need to know about you"/ 'You do?"/ "You are a monster" / Yes, I am". Plus Oscar talking about that long chessgame between the Siths and the Jedi, and saying that we would learn something unsettling about Poe. Obviously, that's not going to be dark/white in the end. I agree with the idea that his arc won't be really about redemption but more about understanding his actions, like Snape.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Thu 05 Dec 2019, 5:44 pm

rey09 wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Gemini wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@Gemini
@FrolickingFizzgig

Ah ok. I hope that's it.

@Gemini
@FrolickingFizzgig

@rey09

I think that right now I should start the process of letting go of my headcanons about Kylo. Just to try to erase out of my mind everything that we built out of him collectively as a fandom, all the interpretations, readings, fanfic variations and fantasies. Now it seems nothing will go the way I think, so it's best to try to stop obsessing about him in next two weeks, dial down expectations and wait for the story. Who's that man, I don't know him?
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 05 Dec 2019, 5:44 pm

rey09 wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Gemini wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@Gemini
@FrolickingFizzgig

Ah ok. I hope that's it.

@Gemini
@FrolickingFizzgig

@rey09
Seems like "guilt" (and allowing oneself to feel it) is going to continue to be a big part of Kylo's story thematically and visually if he's experiencing PTSD-like visions.

To me, it doesn't seem to be a question of whether or not Kylo's finale will be emotionally resonant or not - it absolutely will be. It's just a matter of how tragic it will be and how it reflects on the overall tone of the conclusion.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Thu 05 Dec 2019, 5:57 pm

MaddieDove wrote:
rey09 wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Gemini wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@Gemini
@FrolickingFizzgig

Ah ok. I hope that's it.

@Gemini
@FrolickingFizzgig

@rey09

I think that right now I should start the process of letting go of my headcanons about Kylo. Just to try to erase out of my mind everything that we built out of him collectively as a fandom, all the interpretations, readings, fanfic variations and fantasies. Now it seems nothing will go the way I think, so it's best to try to stop obsessing about him in next two weeks, dial down expectations and wait for the story. Who's that man, I don't know him?
@MaddieDove

I think that what we can all agree about is that he doesn't fit the characteristics of categories of individuals called "narcissist perverts" or any category closed to that. Both the movies and the novelization spent a great deal of time showing that he doesn't enjoy diminishing people and/or making them suffer unless it's necessary. They introduced a different psychological profile for Snoke or even Hux who fit that kind of category.  So whatever his narrative arc will be, I don't expect a radical change here. In ROTS novelization, there was an excerpt during Padme pleaded with Anakin to use his closeness with Palpatine to stop the war because people were dying and Anakin shot back something like: "It's a war, Padme!". Not that Anakin enjoyed war but he seemed to accept the idea that it was a necessity.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 05 Dec 2019, 6:48 pm

reylo1992 wrote:That being said, I would bet my two cents that Ben was actually the biggest Reylo shipper from the start and that  he is this "whatever unseen connection existing between Kylo Ren and Rey" in one way or another.  Even in terms of dramatic tension, such a revelation could lead to a major identity crisis within Rey (and Ren too): am I a hero for my own skills or for what I carry on? Is he drawn to me for who I am or who he recognizes in me? That would make sense why Rey piloted the MF as if she instinctively knew it and why everybody seems to know her despite not really knowing her aside from Ren. She and Han literally end their sentences and she brags like a proud daughter in front of him while handling a problem with his own ship better than him even before meeting Ren. TFA novelization confirms she instinctively goes to Leia and Leia literally ignores Chewie just to give her a long "mother's hug". And Luke seems very conflicted while she is staring at him with sad puppy's eyes as if he had suspicions about something but wasn't sure what to make of that. He demanded her to go away only after saw with his own eyes her and Ren touching hands. If all of this has to do with the fact that she is "surprise surprise" Palpy's grand-daughter, I would eat my ticket in the theaters. Whatever the solution to the enigma, they also have to make sure that Rey isn't credited as the heroine just because of Ben. After all, Hercules becomes a true hero by saving Megara out of love despite having lose his strenghth. Maybe that's gonna be one of the big lesson to the GA who expect big demonstration of raw power.
@reylo1992

To be fair with all fans, - intentionally or not - they portrayed Rey in a way that she really could be daughter of any of the past characters: why is she so strong?, why did she have that quick connection with the past characters?, etc. If it wasn't for her interaction with Kylo, I would think she was a Rey Solo or Skywalker too.

The world is sexist and the way we see the heroins is prejudiced/unfair/different. Period. My problem with Rey is not her not finding her place or being her own self. The main issue is, there a whole Skywalker drama going on that pretty much everybody knows about. Vader is such a pop icon, I believe everybody knows about him. It's hard to care exclusively to a nobody/new character, when the drama Skywalker is happening right there. Rogue One has great new characters, but the scene everybody remembers was that short one with Vader. Really, I can understand - from Disney POV - the necessity to kill this family, it's the only way to start new stories, new sagas. Otherwise, we will always care about the Skywalkers.

As a woman myself I am happy to see a heroin in a big franchise as SW. But, if they want our whole attention on her journey, I don't think to have a character as Kylo (played by such a great actor, full of nuances) was a good idea. Sorry, as a straight female is almost impossible not to be drawn to him. If they couldn't deal with the story having enemies with romantic feelings, they shouldn't have take this path.

Gemini wrote:So why is she character portrayed with no identity apart from being an echo of Luke and others...and kylos love Interest?

She inherits Skywalker stuff at the end?

Marries a Skywalker?

Nothing about rey is unique.

Latest trailer has her doing a trick associated heavily with another character. At least Rey could have done the mind trick on something other than Stormtroopers.

She could have had her own saber from episode 7
But...nope

All hand me downs. You cant blame an audience for seeing rey for what she is portrayed as..

A shell of other characters and her only existence revolving around Kylo and the skywalkers. Sorry to be so blunt lol
@Gemini

I agree with you. If she is a nobody, why do they keep baiting us with the possibility that she could be daughter of someone important in the story. That's just cruel [and pointless].

Gemini wrote:Are they trolling?

Adam said this?

“[Kylo Ren] has a different identity, a different definition of what redemption is,” Driver says. “He’s already been redeemed in his story. I don’t think there is a thought of redemption. He doesn’t have an outside lens of the events, you know — you know what I mean? That’s more of an outsider’s view of his world.”
@Gemini

I'm not worried about that. As @Piper Maru brilliantly said, this is just Kylo's comment as a person in his own SW world, it's not Adam's opinion as part of GA. Kylo doesn't see himself as someone bad or good.

motherofpearl1 wrote:I have to admit....
I'm not as fond of Rey as I was at the beginning of the ST.
Nothing to do with Daisy bless her, it's probably due to the comics, I really find her a bit irritating in them.
Kylo has become my favourite SW character period. Even more than Han Solo. I really want to see TROS. But if it's confirmed he dies...
Don't think I'll be able to see it.  I know as a woman I should be invested in Rey's character, but for me her relationship with Kylo isctge heart and soul of the ST. Rey as the Skywalker heir....
No, sorry. Just leaves me cold. Never mind.
@motherofpearl1

I wouldn't say that I'm not fond of Rey, because I like her, and I really like her naive personality. But Kylo is such a interesting and tragic character. They never portrayed him as a mustache twirling villain, and as the heir of the Skywalkers, I want him to be happy (with or without Rey). I will be trully heartbroken if he dies.

But which I'm really not fond of AT ALL is the idea of Rey taking their surname. They can't erase all their tragedy by simply making some new character take the Skywalker family name. If this is the end, make it the real end.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 05 Dec 2019, 7:23 pm

I heard JP locked the Reddit thread after the JW Colin script debacle, now people can't comment there publicly. Thus ends the reign of JP?
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Thu 05 Dec 2019, 7:44 pm

@Atenais Tbh, I think Kylo's story isn't better than Rey's but Adam has a better acting range than Ridley while Ridley can't convey all the nuance of her character. Ridley isn't a wooden actress but her acting ability isn't on par with Adam, therefore, Adam has overshadowed her. It's not a good sign if the protagonist is overshadowed by the antagonist who only has limited screen time. People paid money to watch the journey of the protagonist and frankly, Ridley failed their expectations. You can say the same about Finn and Poe, they're no Harrison Ford even though they've tried to dress like Han Solo and Indiana Jones, their acting isn't charming at all, it's cringe-worthy, and they turned their own storylines in TLJ into snore-fest and lackluster events.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Thu 05 Dec 2019, 7:51 pm

californiagirl wrote:I heard JP locked the Reddit thread after the JW Colin script debacle, now people can't comment there publicly. Thus ends the reign of JP?
@californiagirl

Actually my favourite was Jason's response to Colin, which was essentially: "Hey cool, thanks for your input. I posted your tweet at the start of the article that you just debunked which I am certainly not deleting though that would be the more responsible thing to do."

I mean. The audacity. (And it's really emblematic of why the internet has become the wild west.)

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Thu 05 Dec 2019, 7:52 pm

[quote="Atenais"]
reylo1992 wrote:That being said, I would bet my two cents that Ben was actually the biggest Reylo shipper from the start and that  he is this "whatever unseen connection existing between Kylo Ren and Rey" in one way or another.  Even in terms of dramatic tension, such a revelation could lead to a major identity crisis within Rey (and Ren too): am I a hero for my own skills or for what I carry on? Is he drawn to me for who I am or who he recognizes in me? That would make sense why Rey piloted the MF as if she instinctively knew it and why everybody seems to know her despite not really knowing her aside from Ren. She and Han literally end their sentences and she brags like a proud daughter in front of him while handling a problem with his own ship better than him even before meeting Ren. TFA novelization confirms she instinctively goes to Leia and Leia literally ignores Chewie just to give her a long "mother's hug". And Luke seems very conflicted while she is staring at him with sad puppy's eyes as if he had suspicions about something but wasn't sure what to make of that. He demanded her to go away only after saw with his own eyes her and Ren touching hands. If all of this has to do with the fact that she is "surprise surprise" Palpy's grand-daughter, I would eat my ticket in the theaters. Whatever the solution to the enigma, they also have to make sure that Rey isn't credited as the heroine just because of Ben. After all, Hercules becomes a true hero by saving Megara out of love despite having lose his strenghth. Maybe that's gonna be one of the big lesson to the GA who expect big demonstration of raw power.
@reylo1992

To be fair with all fans, - intentionally or not - they portrayed Rey in a way that she really could be daughter of any of the past characters: why is she so strong?, why did she have that quick connection with the past characters?, etc. If it wasn't for her interaction with Kylo, I would think she was a Rey Solo or Skywalker too.

The world is sexist and the way we see the heroins is prejudiced/unfair/different. Period. My problem with Rey is not her not finding her place or being her own self. The main issue is, there a whole Skywalker drama going on that pretty much everybody knows about. Vader is such a pop icon, I believe everybody knows about him. It's hard to care exclusively to a nobody/new character, when the drama Skywalker is happening right there. Rogue One has great new characters, but the scene everybody remembers was that short one with Vader. Really, I can understand - from Disney POV - the necessity to kill this family, it's the only way to start new stories, new sagas. Otherwise, we will always care about the Skywalkers.

As a woman myself I am happy to see a heroin in a big franchise as SW. But, if they want our whole attention on her journey, I don't think to have a character as Kylo (played by such a great actor, full of nuances) was a good idea. Sorry, as a straight female is almost impossible not to be drawn to him. If they couldn't deal with the story having enemies with romantic feelings, they shouldn't have take this path.

@Atenais

The only thing about Rey"s lineage that has me worried a little lately is that Terrio confirmed they used a certain line from ESB and I would be surprised if that wasn't "There is another", which is vague enough to be reinterpreted in many ways. Plus that episode of the Clone Wars during which the Priestess tells Yoda "There is another Skywalker", which frankly had me wonder because Anakin is supposed to be the only one at that point since Luke & Leia aren't born (maybe not even conceived). That's the last thing he told Luke before dying but the line "There is another" was also used by Leia to refer to another hope than Luke. Pretty sure they will play on that line as part of the twists

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Captur12

Again, I really don't think they would have intentionally pushed the romantic subtext if there was any family connection between Rey and Ren although we can't be sure what they had in mind until we see the movie. Maybe it will be revealed that Skywalker originally referred to something bigger than just a family name thus why it would make sense for Rey to take the name in the end. Given the parallels with Atlantis/Castle in the Sky, I wouldn't rule that possibility out that Rey is the last descendant of another family branch called Skywalker a little the same way Sheetah and Muska have the name Laputa in common because they are descendants from two family branches from Laputa. After all, we don't know neither  what exactly were the origins of the Skywalker name nor what where did Shmi come from and nor where did the Big Bad come from. We also have all this Lion King vibe, which is basically about a hero reclaiming a lost throne stolen by a family member. Even if that's not my favorite scenario because of the idea that there would be a good and dysfunctional branch, I expect that kind of twist given the insistance to make Rey's origins feel like it something that happened a long time ago. The biggest grain of salt I see for that scenario is that it would contradict Daisy's statement that Rey's great qualities shouldn't be attached to anything but herself since Skywalker holds so much meaning. I also have a hard time for now to see how that kind of scenario would raise this emotional drama and how the audience would easily accept the idea that she would be granted with the name of the original Star Wars family. I would find it ironic too that the Star Wars crew fought so hard to make the GA accept the idea she is no Skywalker only to reveal that she was actually one from a certain POV. We shall see how things turn out.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 05 Dec 2019, 8:20 pm

Does someone know from where is this?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Df062507cdb5a54e6d0448e950fe7177c6e470f6Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 5811502779f6cbc218e2b78df043c320b35ccd8f
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Thu 05 Dec 2019, 9:15 pm

Just in case you're curious, this is Jason's reasoning for his mistake in his updated article:

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/12/exclusive-reys-backstory-from-collin-trevorrows-star-wars-episode-ix/

Earlier in the week I reported on what I thought was Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly’s script for Star Wars: Episode IX. I was mistaken (my apologies to Trevorrow and Connolly). The Rey backstory I reported on was for Jack Thorne’s script that was intended to be directed by Colin Trevorrow. When my informants described the story to me, they would say things like “for the Trevorrow film.” I had honestly forgot that Jack Thorne was brought in and I can say I honestly feel that I would have made the assumption it was still Colin Trevorrow’s version.

I find this hard to believe, as I think Jack Thorne was brought in to polish Trevorrow's script (not rework it into something that Trevorrow didn't even recognize a single aspect of, lol) Could be wrong I guess, I don't know much of the history.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Thu 05 Dec 2019, 9:35 pm

nickandnora wrote:Just in case you're curious, this is Jason's reasoning for his mistake in his updated article:

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/12/exclusive-reys-backstory-from-collin-trevorrows-star-wars-episode-ix/

Earlier in the week I reported on what I thought was Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly’s script for Star Wars: Episode IX. I was mistaken (my apologies to Trevorrow and Connolly). The Rey backstory I reported on was for Jack Thorne’s script that was intended to be directed by Colin Trevorrow. When my informants described the story to me, they would say things like “for the Trevorrow film.” I had honestly forgot that Jack Thorne was brought in and I can say I honestly feel that I would have made the assumption it was still Colin Trevorrow’s version.

I find this hard to believe, as I think Jack Thorne was brought in to polish Trevorrow's script (not rework it into something that Trevorrow didn't even recognize a single aspect of, lol) Could be wrong I guess, I don't know much of the history.
@nickandnora

I find all of this so bizarre. That’s a huge thing to get wrong, and like you, I don’t recall Thorne’s job being to start from scratch but to fix up what they had. My main question is are the people who told him this also sources for any of his TROS spoilers? Not that he’ll tell us either way, but that would be what I would want to know. If there’s overlap, I have to question why they got this so wrong. Misunderstood or recklessly repeated office gossip? Or deliberate misinformation? If it’s the latter, that makes me question his information, especially the stuff no one else has, even more. I freely admit I am really hoping the Anakin voice only stuff is wrong, “into the pit!” aside.

JP locking the thread about Trevorrow’s denial due to the thread being a pile on against MSW was even more bizarre, because mostly people were criticizing but not being completely nasty about it. Some people were gloating about him getting knocked down a peg after he was rude to others, but that was about it. I’ve seen far worse posted and nothing done about it in the time I’ve read over there. I really do wonder if they have a majority of the same sources.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Thu 05 Dec 2019, 9:48 pm

Poe looks mad AF Shocked

Rey: How did it go?

Poe: Really bad actually!

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Elepp_10
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Thu 05 Dec 2019, 9:53 pm

reylo1992 wrote:Poe looks mad AF Shocked

Rey: How did it go?

Poe: Really bad actually!

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Elepp_10
@reylo1992

One of the books made it seem like Rey gets annoyed by Poe, I'm hoping we see that on screen !

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 05 Dec 2019, 10:57 pm

Is it bad I kind of want a little antagonism between Rey and Poe? The EU has dabbled with this as well, which is so in contrast to the "hi I'm Poe" discourse.

It seems kind of unfair to say the other actors aren't as good as Adam when most actors as a whole are not as good as Adam. He's Oscar-nominated, a critical darling, and one of the best of his generation. It would kind of indicate he shouldn't be in big movies like SW and stay strictly with smaller films that have only prestige casts. Which makes it feel like it's sliding back into the whole Scorcese "what is real cinema" discourse, and I'm just too tired for more of that train of thought.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Thu 05 Dec 2019, 11:05 pm

Hm, I don't believe that Trevorrow was completely sincere in his "nothing here is from our screenplay with Derek". Let's just say that I wouldn't be surprised that among MSW sources there is a person who connected to Trevorrow. I do think that Thorne rewrote a big part of Connolly's script I'm saying Connolly's because I don't believe that Trevorrow does that much writing in his famous duo "Trevorrow-Connolly". The rumour was that Trevorrow was very unsatisfied with Thorne's additions and Trevorrow's inability to decently cooperate and improve led to firing. The intense rewrites are the most necessary thing for writers in the industry, this is the first thing everybody will say to you to learn to do and put your ego aside. The studio or producer wants you rewrite - you rewrite 7x20x100 times.

Anyway, the one of minor leakers in film industry is hinting that there are some big things beyond leaks but I doubt he will say anything concrete. We should get a solid leak soon.

I'm surprised that they put Snoke in new People feature and hint that he will be in the movie. Oh well.
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Img_2025
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 05 Dec 2019, 11:13 pm

I've been fully prepared for a Snoke info-drop or even appearance, especially given how they've avoided talking about him as much as Palpatine, and JJ's decided non-answer about him in an interview the other week. And now this... curious.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Fri 06 Dec 2019, 12:14 am

I just watched the Nightline segment. Oscar, JJ, Daisy, and John were interviewed inside the new ride at Disneyland.

Main takeaway for me was Daisy’s quote: “Rey is still desperate for understanding of her place in things. She doesn’t believe what she’s been told, so there’s this desperate searching for where she comes from, what that means for her.”

I have to say, I really don’t care for this. What she’s been told? She was the one who said her parents were nobodies in TLJ, not Kylo. Desperately searching for where she comes from? I get her searching for her place, and seeking belonging too. But where she comes from? I feel like this undoes the progress she made to a degree in TLJ, but maybe I’m too biased since I liked Rey Nobody.

Connelly asked if fans would need grief counselors when it was all over and Oscar answered; he said he told his super fan family how it went and they (talking point alert!) felt like it brought everything together.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Fri 06 Dec 2019, 12:53 am

AcrosstheStars wrote:I just watched the Nightline segment. Oscar, JJ, Daisy, and John were interviewed inside the new ride at Disneyland.

Main takeaway for me was Daisy’s quote: “Rey is still desperate for understanding of her place in things. She doesn’t believe what she’s been told, so there’s this desperate searching for where she comes from, what that means for her.”

I have to say, I really don’t care for this. What she’s been told? She was the one who said her parents were nobodies in TLJ, not Kylo. Desperately searching for where she comes from? I get her searching for her place, and seeking belonging too. But where she comes from? I feel like this undoes the progress she made to a degree in TLJ, but maybe I’m too biased since I liked Rey Nobody.

Connelly asked if fans would need grief counselors when it was all over and Oscar answered; he said he told his super fan family how it went and they (talking point alert!) felt like it brought everything together.
@AcrosstheStars

Yeah, I don't know whether Ridley has selective memories or not but sometimes she loose lips and said strange stuff. Such as when she did TLJ press tour with Domhnall Gleeson, Ridley was asked that how could Rey beat Kylo? and she answered that "Rey is super strong and he's so weak" so Rey could defeat Kylo, she outrightly ignored that Kylo was emotionally unstable, didn't want to kill Rey and was heavily wounded by Chewie's bowcaster. Then yesterday she told BlogXillaTV that "A lot of people attribute Rey’s great qualities to a guy, and I’m like... no" and she completely ignored (again) that Rey got her skills from downloading Kylo’s mind and even TFA storybook confirmed it.
Besides, I recall that in the previous threads, a lot of users on our forum had said that when Ridley mentioned TROS has "a satisfying ending", she was actually alluding to a satisfying ending for Rey the character that she played, but no one believed them. Thankfully, Ridley just did us a favor and confirmed that what our Reylo fellows on this board said was true.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 X2P9UmI
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Fri 06 Dec 2019, 1:27 am

At this point, it's impossible to relay on interpretations or interview teasing as prediction material because there was already said so much contradicting stuff, from many actors/creators. If you truly want to be fair. They frequently talk from their personal POV, from Daisy to Driver, and those guess games never end well in my experience. After you watch an actual film, all of this looks pointless. I think we should wait for legit leaks, either VD or from person who saw the whole movie.

I don't believe they will kill Ben, but I can't just discard this possibility. I for now chose to believe that he lives - until I hear something different from VA, Pawn or a person who can prove that they were at screening.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Fri 06 Dec 2019, 1:44 am

special_cases wrote:At this point, it's impossible to relay on interpretations or interview teasing as prediction material because there was already said so much contradicting stuff, from many actors/creators. If you truly want to be fair. They frequently talk from their personal POV, from Daisy to Driver, and those guess games never end well in my experience. After you watch an actual film, all of this looks pointless. I think we should wait for legit leaks, either VD or from person who saw the whole movie.

I don't believe they will kill Ben, but I can't just discard this possibility. I for now chose to believe that he lives - until I hear something different from VA, Pawn or a person who can prove that they were at screening.
@special_cases

Absolutely agree, It's loose lips sinks ships, for now, they're playing ship-baiting game so they will say nice stuff that shippers want to hear to sell tickets. But sometimes they (accidentally) spill the tea and their real thought bleed through their words. For our own safety, I believe that we shouldn't fall for their PR spin and wait for the real leak, legit leakers don't have reasons to lie to us and they have no interest in playing with the fans' feelings to milk their wallet.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next