Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TROS Box Office Thread

+25
Piper Maru
MaddieDove
rey09
Kessel
thescavenger
Starliteprism
lauvamp
Geralt_Riv
Moonjump05
Lily Snape
Atenais
Kylo Rey
Mila95
cherrylipstick
Riri
unicorn
rawpowah
Saracene
Kyla Ren
special_cases
OrionStars
SW_Heroine_Journey
spacebaby45678
motherofpearl1
nickandnora
29 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by Mila95 Sat 28 Dec 2019, 12:57 pm

I think what really kills it with general audience is that it's not even very fun even if you "turn your brain off". I don't think it even hits that spot of dumb but so entertaining blockbuster. It's too messy with the pacing and the editing that it's not hard for even casual audience to notice it. And the ending really is too unhappy and it's a movie meant for kids as well. Tragedies can do really well, I mean Titanic and more recently A Star is Born. But TROS doesn't mean to be a tragedy so it lacks the feeling of catharsis that those movies have that makes it good to watch.

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sat 28 Dec 2019, 1:34 pm

In both Titanic and A Star is Born, the female protag mourned her lover, and it resonated with the audience. I feel like JJ wanted to skip over it so the audience kind of “forgets” about it as they were desperate for that hopeful ending

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 28 Dec 2019, 2:03 pm

Riri wrote:In both Titanic and A Star is Born, the female protag mourned her lover, and it resonated with the audience. I feel like JJ wanted to skip over it so the audience kind of “forgets” about it as they were desperate for that hopeful ending
@Riri

Wonderfully said!

The irony is, if they kept everything, and if there was a scene where Rey properly mourned for Ben, I think the GA would have felt better (even hopeful) about the ending. (We probably still would have been upset, but I think the GA would have been more accepting, which is key).

You would think Titanic and A Star is Born would have been valuable storytelling and box office lessons for JJ, but nope - he greatly miscalculated the GA, especially the female GA audience!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Sat 28 Dec 2019, 3:10 pm

Also, Titanic and A Star Is Born know their audience. TRoS apparently doesn't.

I can tell already, they are going to try to make Rian and TLJ the scapegoat for disappointing box office ("No one wanted to see it! The movie was crappy because Rian left no threads open and that's why the movie is junk!") and it's going to piss me off to no end, I swear to god. The comforting thing is that it will look really, REALLY awkward scapegoating him for TRoS just as Knives Out is the runaway hit of the season getting great reviews and increasing its monetary intake through fantastic word of mouth. Some award nominations will seal the deal.

They could have just made a good movie that followed what TLJ set up, an uplifting end of the saga at Christmas time that was marketed correctly and honoured the entire story, but... no. Let's blame that other guy and other movie. *sigh*

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Sat 28 Dec 2019, 3:19 pm

nickandnora wrote:Also, Titanic and A Star Is Born know their audience. TRoS apparently doesn't.

I can tell already, they are going to try to make Rian and TLJ the scapegoat for disappointing box office ("No one wanted to see it! The movie was crappy because Rian left no threads open and that's why the movie is junk!") and it's going to piss me off to no end, I swear to god. The comforting thing is that it will look really, REALLY awkward scapegoating him for TRoS just as Knives Out is the runaway hit of the season getting great reviews and increasing its monetary intake through fantastic word of mouth. Some award nominations will seal the deal.

They could have just made a good movie that followed what TLJ set up, an uplifting end of the saga at Christmas time that was marketed correctly and honoured the entire story, but... no. Let's blame that other guy and other movie. *sigh*
@nickandnora

They probably will. I mean remember how the TLJ haters blamed Solo underperforming on TLJ and acted like their "boycott" was the reason lol

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 28 Dec 2019, 3:35 pm

nickandnora wrote:Also, Titanic and A Star Is Born know their audience. TRoS apparently doesn't.

@nickandnora

I don't think they will because it is obvious Rian and Knives Out are beloved, and Hollywood is about keeping doors open for future business (especially if Rian's SW movies are still a go, they are not going to want to be more butthead about it). And if they do, the trades (Variety, Deadline, Hollywood Reporter) will turn on DLF.

They're going to either act oblivious OR say nothing. Meanwhile, I do believe they were certain they had Reylos/Bendemptionists as a riveted audience, so they are going to now pay attention to our tweets, etc. So, keep on talking about it, it will not be like speaking to a wall anymore. lol Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sat 28 Dec 2019, 4:43 pm

The Skywalkers send their regards. Meanwhile, Knives Out has been a huge hit at the Box Office. You love to see it.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sat 28 Dec 2019, 7:47 pm

They will try to spin it like "evil TLJ is responsible" but it actually will hard to do because the legs is always more about the movie itself than anything else. Even ordinary people know what the legs is. TLJ didn't have the strongest legs, but it was alright even with divisive WOM.

They could have simply retconed most important parts of TLJ instead of pushing three different movies in TROS just because JJ was stubborn to do what he wants and studio also wanted to include something additionally. They should have made cold business decision to make this movie more about Kylo if they're so crazy about fanservice AND also want money. Pushing THE TRIO was a mistake, I guess JJ said to Iger&Co that he will make The Trio work, he is too biased to understand that it would have never worked as memorable selling point after TFA and TLJ.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Sat 28 Dec 2019, 7:58 pm

special_cases wrote:They will try to spin it like "evil TLJ is responsible" but it actually will hard to do because the legs is always more about the movie itself than anything else. Even ordinary people know what the legs is. TLJ didn't have the strongest legs, but it was alright even with divisive WOM.

They could have simply retconed most important parts of TLJ instead of pushing three different movies in TROS just because JJ was stubborn to do what he wants and studio also wanted to include something additionally. They should have made cold business decision to make this movie more about Kylo if they're so crazy about fanservice AND also want money. Pushing THE TRIO was a mistake, I guess JJ said to Iger&Co that he will make The Trio work, he is too biased to understand that it would have never worked as memorable selling point after TFA and TLJ.
@special_cases

Yeah, speaking of legs, the updated box office predictions for Saturday are 22.5 million. To put this into perspective, the number on Friday was 26 million. It dropped from Friday to Saturday (yes, it's the holidays, but still). Oh lord. They aren't going to be able to spin the narrative that people like this movie. They do not.

Someone brought up the point elsewhere that the film did relatively OK during the week, but is now dropping off. Think how word of mouth works and what happened this week that was special: family get-togethers for the holidays. It seems people might have told their family members just not to see this movie. That B+ Cinemascore wasn't BS.

Unless Disney and Lucasfilms are additionally suicidal (which based on this fiasco, they might be), they need to NOT scapegoat and realize what went wrong with THIS film. If they ignore and pretend the problem was something else, they are never going to come back from this. I'm very interested in what their next move might be. If I were them, I would do something dramatic like release a different cut of this movie, if they have the footage to make it better (especially the ending). No word of a lie. At least it would be dramatic, generate a lot of publicity, and would possibly get people back in the theater. I seriously doubt this will happen, but if this movie starts to absolutely free-fall... I hope someone advises them to do so. I can't think of another immediate way for them to make back their money.

God, what a mess. My biggest hope from all of this is that it doesn't affect Adam's oscar chances. I don' t *think* it will, but it can't feel great to be associated with this right now (which clearly his handlers foresaw hence why he was almost nowhere in the promotion).

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Sat 28 Dec 2019, 8:05 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:The Skywalkers send their regards. Meanwhile, Knives Out has been a huge hit at the Box Office. You love to see it.
@Kylo Rey

Indeed. Not to mention while LFL employees are treating Kylo fans/Reylos like sh*t, the company is cruelly putting this kind of sith out on social media in the hope that Kylo fans would repeat viewing

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 2 HzRBJ0J

LFL deserves to be ********

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 2 FWsqulQ

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 2 KArSNzg
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Sat 28 Dec 2019, 8:22 pm

special_cases wrote:They will try to spin it like "evil TLJ is responsible" but it actually will hard to do because the legs is always more about the movie itself than anything else. Even ordinary people know what the legs is. TLJ didn't have the strongest legs, but it was alright even with divisive WOM.

@special_cases

I don't even get how the trio thing happened. It's crazy to me that they just promoted this movie on something that never existed. They were constantly like the trio is back together when these characters never even interacted with each other as a group. Could they have really gotten feedback that it was something that the audience wanted or did they just want it to be and tried to make it happen by pushing it? Or maybe JJ was swayed by the actors campaigning for it considering John and Daisy were talking about how hard it was to be apart even in public so imagine behind the scenes. Cause a huge amount of time is spent on like 3 different trio adventures to make up for the lack of that in the previous two movies and I can't understand who thought that as a good idea. Meanwhile Kylo is a proven popular character that people want to see, whether that's as a villain or as sympathetic character he gets attention and people talking. So I just can't get my head around limiting his screentime that much and giving him apparently about 4 minutes worth of lines. The only thing that comes to mind for me is they sidelined him so he doesn't overshadow Rey and the trio because they really wanted to make that happen. But it's still such a weird decision to make.

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sat 28 Dec 2019, 8:36 pm

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 2 Opera_31

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 2 Tenor
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Sat 28 Dec 2019, 8:44 pm

Mila95 wrote:

@special_cases

I don't even get how the trio thing happened. It's crazy to me that they just promoted this movie on something that never existed. They were constantly like the trio is back together when these characters never even interacted with each other as a group. Could they have really gotten feedback that it was something that the audience wanted or did they just want it to be and tried to make it happen by pushing it? Or maybe JJ was swayed by the actors campaigning for it considering John and Daisy were talking about how hard it was to be  apart even in public so imagine behind the scenes. Cause a huge amount of time is spent on like 3 different trio adventures to make up for the lack of that in the previous two movies and I can't understand who thought that as a good idea. Meanwhile Kylo is a proven popular character that people want to see, whether that's as a villain or as sympathetic character he gets attention and people talking. So I just can't get my head around limiting his screentime that much and giving him apparently about 4 minutes worth of lines. The only thing that comes to mind for me is they sidelined him so he doesn't overshadow Rey and the trio because they really wanted to make that happen. But it's still such a weird decision to make.
@Mila95

I kind of think what might have happened is they got really scared after the TLJ backlash so they tried to think of ways to recapture the magic of the OT.  They probably thought a new trio would do it, but they didn't stop to think that their new "trio" hadn't really all spent time together in the last two movies so what they tried to do came out feeling very forced and artificial.  This movie was an epic fail on so many levels.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 28 Dec 2019, 8:47 pm

special_cases wrote:TROS Box Office Thread - Page 2 Opera_31

@special_cases

Shocked affraid

Instant Retweet! Thank you! Very Happy Smile

Hmmm....I wonder if Vic Mahoney, and if by extension now - Ava, feels betrayed by JJ? (Plus, this illustrates how those in Hollywood adore/love Rian and Knives out).

With Vic, was she promised a heroine's journey movie when she was offered/accepted the 2nd Director position? This is all very interesting...
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Sat 28 Dec 2019, 9:07 pm

special_cases wrote:TROS Box Office Thread - Page 2 Opera_31

@special_cases

Disney and LF really played themselves with trying to market TROS by shading Rian and retconing everything TLJ did. Critics and industry people seem to really be behind Rian and it looks like he has a lot of respect from his peers. I mean Ava even helped JJ on TFA and she's tweeting this lol

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sat 28 Dec 2019, 9:34 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
nickandnora wrote:Oh man, the insider guy on Box Office Theory (I'm not going to link to him, just trust me that he's accurate) basically said that Saturday's numbers are even WORSE than Friday's. This movie might not even clear 70 million this weekend, which is insanity. The Cinemascore and anecdotal accounts of kids being upset and theaters being quiet might have ACTUALLY accurately predicted legitimate word of mouth.

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:So, it seems the GA has concluded with their viewings/votes, and thought, "It's OK" but not enough for repeat viewings (or a lot of them), and as for SW fans - the ones that were most excited (Reylos/Bendemptionists) are meh about repeat viewings, so...now..DLF will pay attention to us - our tweets, etc as a form of market research as to why the movie did not do better.

This. They can spin the TLJ narrative all they want, but with drop-offs like this, the CinemaScore and bad reviews, if they ACTUALLY want to do better in the future, they need to listen to why this movie (THIS MOVIE, not TLJ) failed. I hope "Reylos" and other like-minded people on social media are able to do something with this. It is everyone's opportunity right now in the next coming weeks.

I didn't want this movie to fail because it actually contains canon Reylo, so I hope they don't try to spin it that THAT was the reason audiences were not responsive. But I just saw that some artist on twitter made 100 limited edition prints of the Reylo kiss that he made, and they sold out in FOUR MINUTES. Disney/LF needs to get their head out of the sand and realize where there money WOULD have been coming from.
@nickandnora

So much money! The GA and Reylos/Bendemptionists would have seen it many times by now.  Heck, I would have been on my 5th or 6th viewing by now.  

With the International audience, they may have even had the China box office because of the romantic HEA.  Asian audiences have no issues with living redemption arcs, and they love enemies to lovers.  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I was ready to watch it several times, but I can't go to watch it a second time so high is my displeasure.

Riri wrote:In both Titanic and A Star is Born, the female protag mourned her lover, and it resonated with the audience. I feel like JJ wanted to skip over it so the audience kind of “forgets” about it as they were desperate for that hopeful ending
@Riri

Exactly, and that's not how women react to death. We mourn, it's part of us, as even the classic plays know. See how we are still mourning this movie. lol

Last edited by Atenais on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Sat 28 Dec 2019, 9:36 pm

nickandnora wrote:

@special_cases

Yeah, speaking of legs, the updated box office predictions for Saturday are 22.5 million. To put this into perspective, the number on Friday was 26 million. It dropped from Friday to Saturday (yes, it's the holidays, but still). Oh lord. They aren't going to be able to spin the narrative that people like this movie. They do not.

Someone brought up the point elsewhere that the film did relatively OK during the week, but is now dropping off. Think how word of mouth works and what happened this week that was special: family get-togethers for the holidays. It seems people might have told their family members just not to see this movie. That B+ Cinemascore wasn't BS.

Unless Disney and Lucasfilms are additionally suicidal (which based on this fiasco, they might be), they need to NOT scapegoat and realize what went wrong with THIS film. If they ignore and pretend the problem was something else, they are never going to come back from this. I'm very interested in what their next move might be. If I were them, I would do something dramatic like release a different cut of this movie, if they have the footage to make it better (especially the ending). No word of a lie. At least it would be dramatic, generate a lot of publicity, and would possibly get people back in the theater. I seriously doubt this will happen, but if this movie starts to absolutely free-fall... I hope someone advises them to do so. I can't think of another immediate way for them to make back their money.

God, what a mess. My biggest hope from all of this is that it doesn't affect Adam's oscar chances. I don' t *think* it will, but it can't feel great to be associated with this right now (which clearly his handlers foresaw hence why he was almost nowhere in the promotion).
@nickandnora

He is the one universally praised person with any connection to this film— except maybe Ian MacDiarmuid? I doubt it will hurt his Oscar chances— he has carried this trilogy. And you’re right— he’s kept his distance, which he didn’t really do (for him) with the other two.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 28 Dec 2019, 9:38 pm

Atenais wrote:
SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
nickandnora wrote:Oh man, the insider guy on Box Office Theory (I'm not going to link to him, just trust me that he's accurate) basically said that Saturday's numbers are even WORSE than Friday's. This movie might not even clear 70 million this weekend, which is insanity. The Cinemascore and anecdotal accounts of kids being upset and theaters being quiet might have ACTUALLY accurately predicted legitimate word of mouth.

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:So, it seems the GA has concluded with their viewings/votes, and thought, "It's OK" but not enough for repeat viewings (or a lot of them), and as for SW fans - the ones that were most excited (Reylos/Bendemptionists) are meh about repeat viewings, so...now..DLF will pay attention to us - our tweets, etc as a form of market research as to why the movie did not do better.

This. They can spin the TLJ narrative all they want, but with drop-offs like this, the CinemaScore and bad reviews, if they ACTUALLY want to do better in the future, they need to listen to why this movie (THIS MOVIE, not TLJ) failed. I hope "Reylos" and other like-minded people on social media are able to do something with this. It is everyone's opportunity right now in the next coming weeks.

I didn't want this movie to fail because it actually contains canon Reylo, so I hope they don't try to spin it that THAT was the reason audiences were not responsive. But I just saw that some artist on twitter made 100 limited edition prints of the Reylo kiss that he made, and they sold out in FOUR MINUTES. Disney/LF needs to get their head out of the sand and realize where there money WOULD have been coming from.
@nickandnora

So much money! The GA and Reylos/Bendemptionists would have seen it many times by now. Heck, I would have been on my 5th or 6th viewing by now.

With the International audience, they may have even had the China box office because of the romantic HEA. Asian audiences have no issues with living redemption arcs, and they love enemies to lovers.
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I was ready to watch it several times, but I can't go to watch it a second time so high is my displeasure.
@Atenais

Whenever I consider a 2nd viewing, I just can't. The thought of Ben's death and that depressing ending just causes me to instantly think "No!" I'd rather prepare my taxes, or name a boring dreaded subject - that.

With the GA, the box office was huge earlier in the week because they were checking the movie out for the first time/voting, but even the GA is nah for more rounds.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sat 28 Dec 2019, 9:55 pm

Mila95 wrote:

@special_cases

I don't even get how the trio thing happened. It's crazy to me that they just promoted this movie on something that never existed. They were constantly like the trio is back together when these characters never even interacted with each other as a group. Could they have really gotten feedback that it was something that the audience wanted or did they just want it to be and tried to make it happen by pushing it? Or maybe JJ was swayed by the actors campaigning for it considering John and Daisy were talking about how hard it was to be  apart even in public so imagine behind the scenes. Cause a huge amount of time is spent on like 3 different trio adventures to make up for the lack of that in the previous two movies and I can't understand who thought that as a good idea. Meanwhile Kylo is a proven popular character that people want to see, whether that's as a villain or as sympathetic character he gets attention and people talking. So I just can't get my head around limiting his screentime that much and giving him apparently about 4 minutes worth of lines. The only thing that comes to mind for me is they sidelined him so he doesn't overshadow Rey and the trio because they really wanted to make that happen. But it's still such a weird decision to make.
@Mila95

Do you remember when they were promoting the trio before the movie was out and some of us started to be worried, while some told we were overreacting? In the end, they were real about promoting the trio. I believe Disney should listen their female audience.

To think that my friends are talking about having wet dreams with Adam, after watching TROS and Marriage Story (some weeks ago we were talking about how he wasn't that attractive and now all my friends are drooling over him, and now everybody is enraptured by Mr. Solo). I can't believe they wasted such a great actor with this excuse of a movie.

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:@Atenais

Whenever I consider a 2nd viewing, I just can't.  The thought of Ben's death and that depressing ending just causes me to instantly think "No!" I'd rather prepare my taxes, or name a boring dreaded subject - that.

With the GA, the box office was huge earlier in the week because they were checking the movie out for the first time/voting, but even the GA is nah for more rounds.
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Same. Sometimes, when we're discussing things in the forum, I want to watch the movie again, because seems as I forgot lots of things. But then I remember how hollow and unsatisfied I felt, so I give up.

Last edited by Atenais on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Sat 28 Dec 2019, 10:01 pm

They thought BTS clips of DR, JB and OI could sell the idea of the holy faux ST trio. I'm seriously not joking. They released a ton of BTS clips of the trio on youtube, twitter, fb before TROS was premiered and JJ gushed that "tHe TrIo iS bAcK" every f****** d*mn time he showed up at the public place. TROS Box Office Thread - Page 2 IFIBr3O
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sat 28 Dec 2019, 10:23 pm

OrionStars wrote:They thought BTS clips of DR, JB and OI could sell the idea of the holy faux ST trio. I'm seriously not joking. They released a ton of BTS clips of the trio on youtube, twitter, fb before TROS was premiered and JJ gushed that "tHe TrIo iS bAcK" every f****** d*mn time he showed up at the public place. TROS Box Office Thread - Page 2 IFIBr3O
@OrionStars

Oh, they were so wrong.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sun 29 Dec 2019, 12:26 am

nickandnora wrote:

@special_cases

@nickandnora

Seems he changed it to 24.5. Still weak. Though I still think it will make 1B. I just haven't thought that domestic will be that weak. Worldwide is understandable because it seems that they cut marketing budget (because of all risks) and worldwide audience doesn't care about nostalgia-driven SW movie that much.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sun 29 Dec 2019, 1:50 am

I saw some positive responses about the chemistry between the trio, but the problem is, you can’t just coast on charming chemistry between the actors in your third and final movie. This is where your trio should have already established meaningful relationships and gone through adventures and hardships together.

It would be interesting to know what it would all turn out to be like in an alternate universe where Poe did die in the first movie.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 29 Dec 2019, 2:11 am

Mila95 wrote:

@special_cases

I don't even get how the trio thing happened. It's crazy to me that they just promoted this movie on something that never existed. They
constantly like the trio is back together when these characters never even interacted with each other as a group. Could they have really gotten feedback that it was something that the audience wanted or did they just want it to be and tried to make it happen by pushing it? Or maybe JJ was swayed by the actors campaigning for it considering John and Daisy were talking about how hard it was to be apart even in public so imagine behind the scenes. Cause a huge amount of time is spent on like 3 different trio adventures to make up for the lack of that in the previous two movies and I can't understand who thought that as a good idea. Meanwhile Kylo is a proven popular character that people want to see, whether that's as a villain or as sympathetic character he gets attention and people talking. So I just can't get my head around limiting his screentime that much and giving him apparently about 4 minutes worth of lines. The only thing that comes to mind for me is they sidelined him so he doesn't overshadow Rey and the trio because they really wanted to make that happen. But it's still such a weird decision to make.

On CBR someone was speculating future projects may have Rey training Finn. Ugh.

On the same forums they're mentioning that the box office takings are dropping off. I'm not a bit surprised. Usually these films continue to perform well even after the holiday season. - TLJ was still showing as far forward as February. I know because I was still going to see it!
H
I doubt that will happen with TROS. When I went to see it, I asked the cinema employee who took my ticket what he thought of the ending. He couldn't say much as people who were going to see it were there, but he gave me a grim look and shook his head.

I bet they'll regret putting those book releases back now.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Sun 29 Dec 2019, 2:33 am

OrionStars wrote:They thought BTS clips of DR, JB and OI could sell the idea of the holy faux ST trio. I'm seriously not joking. They released a ton of BTS clips of the trio on youtube, twitter, fb before TROS was premiered and JJ gushed that "tHe TrIo iS bAcK" every f****** d*mn time he showed up at the public place. TROS Box Office Thread - Page 2 IFIBr3O
@OrionStars

I hated those BTS clips! Censored
Not only because of the boring non-existent magical trio, but mostly because there was no Adam Evil or Very Mad
It looked like they were pretending that he (and his character) didn't exist.
They had the perfect character, maybe they didn't even "create" him on purpose, maybe they were just lucky thanks to Adam's performance, but they had it! He was probably the only character peolpe cared about, even those who weren't exactly supporters, and they simply didn't use him.
How in the world they could have been so dull about it? Especially from a business/money point of you, they could have sold so much more, but they stuck to this loser decision. I will never understand the dynamic behind this mess Mad

motherofpearl1 wrote:

On CBR someone was speculating future projects may have Rey training Finn. Ugh.

@motherofpearl1
Interesting...  L-puke  L-puke  L-puke
Good luck with those projects ROFL
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next