Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weak and foolish like his father - Who was Han Solo indeed?

+20
ZioRen
guardienne
motherofpearl1
Search Your Feelings
Rimfaxe96
IoJovi
snufkin
Jakku
Kessel
Mana
MeadowofAshes
Gemini
Armadeus
Darth Dementor
BastilaBey
vaderito
SoloSideCousin
Slade
Reylo Lemon
Darth_Awakened
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Weak and foolish like his father - Who was Han Solo indeed? - Page 3 Empty Re: Weak and foolish like his father - Who was Han Solo indeed?

Post by vaderito Fri 29 Jul 2016, 10:22 pm

@MeadowofAshes Kylo consistently projects. That's one of his most prominent character traits.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Weak and foolish like his father - Who was Han Solo indeed? - Page 3 Empty Re: Weak and foolish like his father - Who was Han Solo indeed?

Post by MeadowofAshes Fri 29 Jul 2016, 10:30 pm

vaderito wrote:@MeadowofAshes Kylo consistently projects. That's one of his most prominent character traits.
@vaderito
Yes, part of the brilliance of his dialogue. Projecting that shadow. I can imagine the rationalizations he must have. He doesn't steal a young woman away from her friends; he's taking an enemy captive. He's not a traitor to his family; they're traitors for overthrowing the Empire and Finn is for obvious reasons. He's not a murderer; killing an enemy in a time of war is justified because LST and anyone with Jedi leanings is a danger. But deep down he knows; if he didn't already know these things about himself he wouldn't need to project them onto others.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 23 Jan 2017, 4:00 pm

I was searching about the possible meaning/symbolism behind the leaked photo about thesalt desert, found that...
http://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Topical.show/RTD/cgg/ID/1795/Salt-as-Metaphor.htm
... and jumped while reading this passage:

Our Savior Jesus Christ tells us in Matthew 5:13-14 that we are the "salt of the earth" and the "light of the world"—we who are also the weak and the foolish of this world (I Corinthians 1:27)

Then, I searched for the specific passage in the Bible to what the guy refers in order to check by myself and found that:

"But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty"

or

"but God chose the foolish things of the world that he might put to shame those who are wise. God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put to shame the things that are strong"
Shocked

As I am neither native English speaker nor has any religious abckground, I don't really understand the meaning of these sentences neither textually nor in the religious context. Does this shed new light on Kylo's comments to his father:?:
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Sat 24 Feb 2018, 5:04 am

I was looking at some charisma videos on youtube and this guy is not bad on it, but it turns out he also has video on Luke vs Darth Vader and Kylo vs Han as an example. I don't know if it was posted elsewhere, but I thought maybe I could leave it in this thread. So this is like me necromancing a very old thread. xD
The guy was right showing it before TLJ, obviously, we also have talked about it but it's cool that in TLJ it was confirmed how Ben really felt about his father which is directly addressed by Rey.
The idea of Kylo doing something villainous as patricide to become equal as his hero dad - well it is going into something more interesting to think about it in that whole philosophical level of why he did that.  Han Solo has done some bad stuff as well so in order to be the opposite of him he really needed to do something horrific. Nothing new, but still neat to find people talking about these things not only to benefit Star Wars fandom.

SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sat 24 Feb 2018, 6:14 am

reylo1992 wrote:I was searching about the possible meaning/symbolism behind the leaked photo about thesalt desert, found that...
http://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Topical.show/RTD/cgg/ID/1795/Salt-as-Metaphor.htm
... and jumped while reading this passage:

Our Savior Jesus Christ tells us in Matthew 5:13-14 that we are the "salt of the earth" and the "light of the world"—we who are also the weak and the foolish of this world (I Corinthians 1:27)

Then, I searched for the specific passage in the Bible to what the guy refers in order to check by myself and found that:

"But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty"

or

"but God chose the foolish things of the world that he might put to shame those who are wise. God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put to shame the things that are strong"
Shocked

As I am neither native English speaker nor has any religious abckground, I don't really understand the meaning of these sentences neither textually nor in the religious context. Does this shed new light on Kylo's comments to his father:?:
@reylo1992

There's also the entire Sermon on the Mount. "Blessed are the poor, for they shall..." etc. It's an entire list of who is blessed and why, and they're the opposite of what humans value.

Essentially, the meaning that can be taken here is God loves and values what the mortal world does not. Whereas humans love what gets us an advantage over others, God loves the "weak" things who are humble enough to serve God and others through love rather than put their own ego first.

It's interesting that "weak and foolish" specifically come up together in the Christian Bible and the ST. I can't think that's accidental.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Sat 24 Feb 2018, 7:18 am

SkyStar wrote:I was looking at some charisma videos on youtube and this guy is not bad on it, but it turns out he also has video on Luke vs Darth Vader and Kylo vs Han as an example. I don't know if it was posted elsewhere, but I thought maybe I could leave it in this thread. So this is like me necromancing a very old thread. xD
The guy was right showing it before TLJ, obviously, we also have talked about it but it's cool that in TLJ it was confirmed how Ben really felt about his father which is directly addressed by Rey.
The idea of Kylo doing something villainous as patricide to become equal as his hero dad - well it is going into something more interesting to think about it in that whole philosophical level of why he did that.  Han Solo has done some bad stuff as well so in order to be the opposite of him he really needed to do something horrific. Nothing new, but still neat to find people talking about these things not only to benefit Star Wars fandom.

@SkyStar

Doesn't just apply on a father-son level. Definitely can be on a father-daughter level. Thanks for sharing the clip.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sat 24 Feb 2018, 3:51 pm

"you have your father's heart young Solo"
curious that Snoke only talks about Han and not about Leia.
Does Snoke see this as a weakness? perhaps it is, but Kylo can always turn his weakness into strength.
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3