Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

+59
bashfulblueeyes3
Oscarborough-fairo
Nyx
cherrylipstick
Cowgirlsamurai
reylo1992
OrionStars
Blood Moon
Armadeus
Dar-ren19
LadyGaufrette
rawpowah
12 Parsnips
AcrosstheStars
spacebaby45678
Kyla Ren
Darth Dementor
MaddieDove
DeeBee
Sad Man
SanghaRen
KiraRen2015
Night Huntress
nemapasara
Maria26
motherofpearl1
Gemini
nickandnora
Krafty
tukicarreno
vaderito
giaciak2
MindAndMagic
SkyStar
special_cases
Saracene
AhsokaTano
Riri
snufkin
Lily Snape
Birdwoman
Kessel
rey09
justyou
SW_Heroine_Journey
loversinthestorm
Kylo Rey
ZioRen
Forsythia
FrolickingFizzgig
madeinmn
whisperingwillow
Lovely_Rose
Atenais
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
californiagirl
Teo oswald
SheLitAFire
63 posters

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by Lovely_Rose Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:31 pm

She didn't deny it would happen. Instead, she was asked if she personally was a Reylo and she denied it. If it wouldn't happen in the story she would have mentioned it in that context like she did with Rey/Finn and Rey/Poe. What I get from it is that she does not like Reylo but she knows it's going to happen in the film. Otherwise I can guarantee you she'd hint at it not being a thing story-wise as well since her own opinion leans on the negative side.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by ZioRen Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:36 pm

It's identical to what she said about her thoughts on Reylo shortly after TLJ. The timing this time, though, obviously makes it feel like much more of a downer. To be honest, I really don't know what to think.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:40 pm

I haven’t watched the interview, but literally the worst case scenario would be Rey and Kylo stay unrelated, he’s redeemed and lives, they keep up the sexual tension between him and Rey but they never actually kiss/made canon endgame and they keep it ambiguous. Ugh.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:42 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:I haven’t watched the interview, but literally the worst case scenario would be Rey and Kylo stay unrelated, he’s redeemed and lives, they keep up the sexual tension between him and Rey but they never actually kiss/made canon endgame and they keep it ambiguous. Ugh.
@Kylo Rey

I'd actually be pretty okay with that scenario. I mean, I'd even more love to rub people's noses in something concrete (yeah I've gotten somewhat petty over this time) but at least that leaves room for the imagination or future content (most likely not in movie form, but novels/comics/animated shows sure)
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by loversinthestorm Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:46 pm

eh I am not happy with the interview. Not because she doesn't like but because she commented on it instead of avoiding it with a "we shall see" or something like that. that screams not happening for me. If it happens, great, but I lost hope

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:47 pm

Well she literally said "we shall see" while on stage at the convention. She also said it here, in so many words, after giving her opinion about it.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:50 pm

@ZioRen @Kylo Rey

I'd be sad that they built all this sexual chemistry up but at the same time I am a redemptionist first and foremost. Having Han and Leia's son defeat the evil Palps has held over this family for generations with the help of the woman he loves (even if they don't end up together) will be fine with me. I will be sad but okay.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:58 pm

I am wondering if she felt that she said too much during the panel, and this was her way to correct it (who knows, maybe she received words).

Regardless, wise words from Pacific Wanderer http://pacificwanderer.tumblr.com/

"Guys, lemme give you some advice (unsolicited, isn’t that the best kind lol?). I’ve been in this fandom from the beginning, I’ve seen it at the best of times, and the really, really worst of times. And you know which situations were worth the meltdowns, the anxiety, anger and sadness?

Exactly none of them.

We’re just getting started with the press cycle and I guaranfuckingtee you that there will be things that come out that make it look good for the kind of story you want, and things that look bad.

Ultimately, DLF want us to talk about their movie. The good, the bad, the ugly, they want us talking about their IP. That’s it. They’ll do whatever they think is best for the story based on what they think will make the most money. Simple as that. How much merch they can sell, how they can expand their IP beyond this year and into the coming decades.

Have fun, engage with their content, but do take a moment to step back and understand that they’re in the business of making money and this is supposed to be fun. If it’s not fun, disengage for a bit. It’s fine. I do it all the time.

As far as ‘antis’ go, I gotta ask, why are you going into their tags? Are they seeking you out? Why don’t you have them blocked? These people get traction because some people like to pick at their comments, which gives them what they want: attention. Stop doing that to yourself. You owe them nothing and their opinions, as much as ours, have no impact on how the story turns out.

I don’t know how things will end, but I’m honestly hopeful and not worried. But I guarantee you I am NOT spending the next 8 months of my life freaking about what ifs.

Guys, life is f****ing short. This is a bit personal, but I have watched my father, grandfathers, and countless other people in my life suffer and die. That’s my life. That’s the reality. Fandom, SW, this is my escape. This is where I come to have fun. So I will do whatever it takes to keep this fun for me.

So, keep it in check. Try not to worry. And have fun. This isn’t real. It’s a space opera for kids that I love. And don’t let someone else’s hate dictate your fandom experience.

I know it’s hard to ignore the hate. I get it. Often. In my inbox. You know what I do? I f****ing don’t read it beyond the first words and I block it. I don’t know these people, they don’t know me, and as much as it seems like it is, it’s not personal. It can’t be. They don’t know me.

Breathe. Take time if you need it. And don’t worry about this or anything you can’t control. “Worrying is like suffering twice.” And I don’t have time for that.

I love you. You’re going to be fine. Honestly."
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:03 pm

I'll be sad too if romantic Reylo doesn't end up happening. I'll be thankful for Kylo's redemption and the two of them being on good terms, at least.

But yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of an ambiguous ending for Reylo, simply because it'll seem like they were too afraid to take a female-focused heroine/villain romance to the next level because it's not appropriate for the times or so forth.... To have such an intense, dramatic, meaningful, and romantically-charged relationship between two powerful force-users... only to settle it on something ambiguous seems like a waste of potential to me.

Even so, it's Daisy's personal opinion, and she can't spoil anything serious about Rey and Kylo's relationship in TROS anyways. The Reylo fandom has been through worse events. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:05 pm

Nothing is ever going to top Ashgate. That was the pinnacle of nonsensical meltdowns. Even I got way more caught up in that one than I should have! I bet JJ would laugh if he knew he ruined many fans' days with that fleeting giddy fanboy "that's so dark and bad***!" idea of his. Laughing
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:10 pm

@ZioRen

I was more of a lurker during that time, but I remember thinking it was weirdly hilarious for Kylo to keep his helmet in the ashes of his enemies. Wouldn't it get in his eyes, hair, and mouth when he would put the helmet on? idk, I didn't take it too seriously. Laughing But Kylo, as conflicted and tormented as he is, is still a villain who does stereotypical villainous things, so Ashgate didn't bother me much.

But it's true that this new interview is nowhere near on the same level as that. The Reylo fandom can be a roller coaster ride with all of its highs and lows.

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:18 pm

@ZioRen

Throwback Sunday
ReySoloGate: Rey Solo is debunked by Daisy Ridley. Met with mass hysteria from Rey Solo believers, many of whom jumped on the Rey Skywalker bandwagon instead. Others dug their heels in, became Rey Solo Truthers and went on believing until the bitter end.

SpacehoseGate: John Boyega and Kelly Marie Tran’s stunt doubles are spotted on the back of a would-be fathier to the displeasure of FinnRey shippers in particular.

AshGate: JJ Abrams reveals in an interview that the box in which Kylo deposits his helmet is in fact full of the “ashes of his enemies”. Cue one of the biggest Reylo/redemption meltdowns on Tumblr that spawned metas and lasted 3-4 days.

ReyGate: When questioned by a child JJ Abrams reveals during an obscure conference that “Rey’s parents were not in The Force Awakens”. Simultaneous celebration and meltdowns ensue across the Star Wars fandom’s various platforms as Pablo Hidlago and Daisy Ridley chime in. Abrams later makes a half-hearted attempt to retract the statement but the damage is done for many.

BoyeGate: During Cannes 2016 John Boyega clarifies that Finn and Rey did not develop any kind of romance in The Force Awakens and that no romance would unfold between them in VIII either. As filming for VIII was already underway this served as the nail in the FinnRey coffin for many fans, though some still haven’t given up hope for that Finn/Rose/Rey love-triangle in IX! Funny coming from the same fans who spat on Reylos for wanting a “teen drama in space.”
- This same weekend Daisy, Mark and Adam arrived in Ireland to film Ahch-To segments.

PabloGate: Pablo Hidalgo reveals that he isn't much of an anti-hero fan and Tweets several controversial statements that cause a stir amongst Kylo fans, including the infamous "Rey was raised by sand..." Tweet.

SWCGate
: The SWC 2016 art panel contains several Reylo-friendly pieces. Erik Mael’s “Rey’s Abduction” infamously stirs up controversy across the fandom.

CommentaryGate: JJ Abrams’ commentary for The Force Awakens special edition contains many Reylo-heavy confirmations and references, notably revealing that Rey and Kylo would have an interesting relationship going forward and comparing Rey and Kylo to a princess and prince respectively.

PlotGate: The gate that keeps on giving! Kathleen Kennedy and other LucasFilm affiliates are consistently proud to reveal that they have no longterm plan for the Sequel Trilogy and are pretty much making things up as they go along.

RomanceGate: Vanity Fair’s photoshoot and articles are released to the displeasure of many fans. The most frowned upon article is David Kamp’s ‘What Won’t Be in The Last Jedi’, which calls out Reylo fans as purveyors of “fanfiction fantasies” and includes a quote from VIII director Rian Johnson vaguely implying that there will be no HanLeia-esque central romance in his film. Outrage and confusion ensue because Kamp’s editorial appears to contradict Rian’s actual statement. Kamp is eventually forced to release Johnson’s full transcript, in which it becomes obvious that Kamp misquoted  and even interrupted Johnson mid-explanation.
- Also includes the severely disappointing Vanity Fair photoshoot.

BTSGate: A BTS is released in which Daisy and Adam are both shot fighting multiple trainers with sticks. This sparks the debate that Rey and Kylo will team up against Snoke’s heavily marketed Praetorian Guard, much to the chagrin of antis.

HandGate: Any of the multitude of articles and speculation spawned from The Last Jedi’s theatrical trailer, which includes the money-shot of Kylo seemingly extending his hand to Rey. Results in the coining of the term “mISdIreCtioN!?!?” from any and all who refuse to let go of Rey Skywalker, Rey Solo and Kylo and Rey simply fighting to the death and glaring at each other for two more films. Reylo fans on the other hand are thrilled.

MarketingGate
: The Last Jedi’s final marketing run that includes the EW covers and articles, Japan’s international trailer and a multitude of other magazine editorials and interviews from the cast and writers.  Rey and Kylo are continuously described as “co-protagonists”, Finn and Rose’s plot is marketed, a “mysterious connection” is constantly teased between Rey and Kylo. Many anti-shippers predictably remain as in denial as ever and become even more hostile, others dig in their heels and some abandon all hope and scream about abuse on Tumblr.

KellogGate: Daisy Ridley debunks a Rey and Poe romance. Sparks controversy as a result of a Chinese-only portion of the interview not included in the conference video where Daisy allegedly calls Kylo “scum”. The article also includes quotes from cast members who weren’t present in China during the conference, causing many Chinese fans to question its validity. The truth may never be known…
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by justyou Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:19 pm

whisperingwillow wrote:@ZioRen @Kylo Rey

I'd be sad that they built all this sexual chemistry up but at the same time I am a redemptionist first and foremost. Having Han and Leia's son defeat the evil Palps has held over this family for generations with the help of the woman he loves (even if they don't end up together) will be fine with me. I will be sad but okay.
@whisperingwillow

This is where I'm at. I really want Reylo to happen on a romantic level, but above anything else I want to see Ben redeemed by the end of the trilogy.
justyou
justyou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by justyou Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:22 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig

Thanks for that! I had a good laugh. I missed most of these so that was a hilarious read.

Also lol at your #siblingcousintwins
justyou
justyou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:22 pm

Wow I knew asking her would cause heartbreak. Antis got the biggest fuel now. Super annoyed by the whole toxic stuff ugh. Or perhaps she's trying to deflect because well she can't spoil anything.

But whatever her opinion, reylo just follows basic logic. Kylo will be redeemed and the Skywalker line must go on. And he can literally be with no other besides Rey (cause force bond intimacy). It's not rocket science.

Hey but we know Rian and Kelly support reylo so that's something lol.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:24 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig

Thank you for those reminders. RomanceGate and KellogGate were the two that caused top tier anxiety attacks, from what I remember.

Even so, I don't regret being along for this ride. Whenever Reylo shippers experience something negative, there's always something positive to lighten our spirits around the corner.

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:25 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig

lol! lol! lol! lol!

This cracked me up.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:32 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig
I still sometimes laugh when I see Kellogg's in day to day life because of that whole thing!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:33 pm

I know I read the VF articles but somehow missed RomanceGate. I wasn't involved in fandom and I'm honestly glad, because a bad piece of journalism caused an entire ship to go into hysterics and lose all hope. Really, everything suggests Reylo will go down, just Daisy is playing the "both sides" card to seem ambiguous and not spoil anything. Like how the title of TROS itself is kind of trolling, and exists largely to keep discussion (read: attention) alive. It doesn't seem she harbors any kind of strong negative feelings towards JJ or the film, unlike Mark.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:36 pm

toolonelytosleep wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig

Thank you for those reminders. RomanceGate and KellogGate were the two that caused top tier anxiety attacks, from what I remember.

Even so, I don't regret being along for this ride. Whenever Reylo shippers experience something negative, there's always something positive to lighten our spirits around the corner.
@toolonelytosleep
Oooh, I would say AshGate and RomanceGate were the biggest. They had their own threads that had to be hidden in the user-only sections. Special shoutout to PabloGate which was actually in the top 5 in my opinion. Back in the day anything that threatened bendemption was met with way more emotion so by the time small Reylo-threatening pieces emerged we had weathered the storm and they seemed... less dramatic by comparison.

Speaking of which, a new trailer certainly means a new gate. Others can chime in but for now I christen this: TeaserGate

TeaserGate: The first teaser and the title "The Rise of Skywalker" are revealed at SWC2019 in Chicago. The Reylo fandom in turn rises from a deep winter hibernation to a blooming spring of stills, scenes and theories. Meanwhile, Damerey and FinnRey are once again shot down, Palpatine's return is confirmed and Daisy (and others) suggest that the film will explore Rey and Kylo's relationship even more deeply than The Last Jedi. Meanwhile, Daisy Ridley becomes the source of scrutiny once more as she struggles to respond to a fanboi interviewer asking her opinion on "Reylo", causing a brief resurgence of KellogGate.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:36 pm

toolonelytosleep wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig

@toolonelytosleep

There's also a pattern that just when Reylo fandom is flying highest, something comes around to crash it down for a moment. Usually it amounts to nothing, though. I think folks here have described it in the past along the lines of "well I guess even we have to take our licks sometimes, too." Since, you know, other fans are wrong and have to contend with it like all the time. Laughing

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Special shoutout to PabloGate which was actually in the top 5 in my opinion. Back in the day anything that threatened bendemption was met with way more emotion so by the time small Reylo-threatening pieces emerged we had weathered the storm and they seemed... less dramatic by comparison.
@FrolickingFizzgig
Oh yeah, PabloGate is top 5 for me, too. That one hurt a lot at the time! I still side-eye his opinions sometimes because of it, if I'm being absolutely honest.

Last edited by ZioRen on Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:48 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig - ah yes, all those past gates, good times! Thanks for the memories!

Daisy is certainly entitled to her opinion and we know she’s not a proponent of romance for her character. I’m of the opinion that it’d be a real shame if the Reylo dynamic isn’t explored or didn’t happen, since it’s the most interesting dynamic of the ST, but I’m also a redemptionist, first. If Kylo is redeemed and lives, I’ll be happy.

What’s annoying is gloating antis who read things in black and white terms and will likely jump on it as 100% proof of no Reylo, period. As we know, nothing has been conclusive yet. Daisy said their relationship will be explored more in depth, so we’ll see what that means. She isn’t going to give anything away.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Mon 15 Apr 2019, 12:07 am

I completely forgot Pablogate. Can someone remind me about that one?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 15 Apr 2019, 12:17 am

Birdwoman wrote:I completely forgot Pablogate. Can someone remind me about that one?
@Birdwoman
Long-story-short: there was about 1-2 month period where everybody in the deep fandom was tweeting @PabloHidalgo of Lucasfilm's story group for clues and confirmations going forward for VIII. One night Pablo went on a bit of a Tweet frenzy about how he wasn't a big fan of anti-hero characters and how he was annoyed that people kept calling Han and Leia "bad parents" because of the way Ben turned out. There were a few pretty damaging tweets, one in particular that went something like "Rey was raised by sand and she didn't become a murderer." None of this would be seen as a big deal now, but there was a time when people put a lot of stock in Pablo's responses, lol.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Mon 15 Apr 2019, 12:20 am

rey09 wrote:Wow I knew asking her would cause heartbreak. Antis got the biggest fuel now. Super annoyed by the whole toxic stuff ugh. Or perhaps she's trying to deflect because well she can't spoil anything.

But whatever her opinion, reylo just follows basic logic. Kylo will be redeemed and the Skywalker line must go on. And he can literally be with no other besides Rey (cause force bond intimacy). It's not rocket science.

Hey but we know Rian and Kelly support reylo so that's something lol.
@rey09

And Rian’s MOM, for Pete’s sake! Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next