Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker

+45
EchoBase
Kyla Ren
giaciak2
Mila95
loversinthestorm
spacebaby45678
Night Huntress
vaderito
Saracene
Lovely_Rose
motherofpearl1
Lily Snape
tukicarreno
rey09
DeeBee
Teo oswald
12 Parsnips
DarthRen
snufkin
ZioRen
thescavenger
MaddieDove
Moonlight13
californiagirl
rawpowah
cherrylipstick
unicorn
AhsokaTano
SW_Heroine_Journey
Atenais
SheLitAFire
Birdwoman
nickandnora
reylo1992
Cowgirlsamurai
TheLastJedi
Kessel
Blood Moon
FrolickingFizzgig
Oscarborough-fairo
special_cases
MindAndMagic
SkyStar
SanghaRen
nana7marie
49 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker Empty Re: Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by nana7marie Wed 22 May 2019, 7:09 am

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker Afca3f10
source

EDIT: Those of you in the USA, watch ‘Good Morning America’ now as apparently something’s happening!

EDIT 2:  Stretcher
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker 14778a10
source

EDIT 3: A short vid available here!

EDIT 4: Vanity Fair’s article available here!

EDIT 5: My twitter crashed! ROFL

EDIT 6: Look at the caption! Stretcher
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker 3a6c3510
source

EDIT 6: Another article!

EDIT 7: Another vid!

EDIT 8: Another article!

EDIT 9: Photos by Annie Leibovitz here

Last edited by nana7marie on Wed 22 May 2019, 8:32 am; edited 5 times in total
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker Empty Re: Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by SanghaRen Wed 22 May 2019, 7:29 am

@nana7marie

Thanks! Those covers and the pics look very good.

So lady in pink/magenta is probably Keri Russell. I hope her character has an active role in the story and is not just yet another cool character with a helmet.

EDIT:

I am just watching the article you linked to. OMFG, I am freaking! Those pics are f***ing awesome! OMG, the f***ing KoR!!! OMG, the caption under Kylo and Rey battling

STAR CROSSED
Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) and Rey battle it out with lightsabers in a stormy confrontation. Their Force-connection—what Driver calls their “maybe-bond”—will turn out to run even deeper than previously revealed.

Congrats JJ, I am now hyped.

Last edited by SanghaRen on Wed 22 May 2019, 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 22 May 2019, 7:32 am

Wow I love these covers, damn.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic Wed 22 May 2019, 7:37 am

Wow, the covers look awesome. Prince Ben  H-beating

“And then he had been forging this maybe-bond with Rey,” Driver says, “and it kind of ends with the question in the air: is he going to pursue that relationship, or when the door of her ship goes up, does that also close that camaraderie that they were maybe forming?”
Wink

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker 2019-010
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker 2019-011

Last edited by MindAndMagic on Wed 22 May 2019, 12:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Wed 22 May 2019, 7:48 am

Okay I see rain in their scene. If there won't be kiss in the rain, I will riot. Watch it JJ!!!
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscarborough-fairo Wed 22 May 2019, 7:57 am

Amazing!! 💙

But there's one thing I didn't like: Daisy said Kylo had it all ( family ) and he threw it away...like Daisy...wtf are you talking about? She still understands nothing of the whole story as it seems Lol
Like Adam, the canon novels, the movie, JJ, Lucasfilm keep saying that Leia and Han were terrible parents, f****ing kitchen robots took care of the baby Ben, he was abused by Snoke, Leia pushed him away, his parents didnt give a single f**** about him since he was a child, they haven't seen him for more than 10 years ffs, Leia's soliders, the rebels could have killed him million times by now..like what kind of mother is she...resistance was more important to her than her own child...that's why Kylo rebels against the resistance..for personal reasons..

Daisy..seriously 😐😐😐

Oscarborough-fairo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker Empty Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 22 May 2019, 8:23 am

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker Screen_Shot_2019-05-22_at_9.17.04_AM

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker Star-wars-feature-vf-2019-summer-embed-05

Full summary: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/05/everything-new-revealed-in-vanity-fairs-the-rise-of-skywalker-cover-story

The articles are all really nice.

A small treat, The Truth About Rey and Kylo's Relationship article with quotes from Adam and Daisy: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/05/the-truth-about-kylo-ren-and-reys-connection

They are somewhat redeemed from RomanceGate. No David Kamp article LOL.

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker Tumblr_n4rk5zJaVt1tv4k5po1_250
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon Wed 22 May 2019, 8:37 am

Kylo’s cover looks nice and I love that he is still in all black with hood(?)and the shot of a rain/storm fight looks nice. Star crossed haha. Thank God the trio isn’t the focus again but the 2 characters with the most interesting dynamic. Or are they releasing more covers? The written piece is almost boring.......
Blood Moon
Blood Moon
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Wed 22 May 2019, 8:44 am

Great article and beautiful photos! I’m glad to see there will be more exploration of the Rey and Kylo dynamic.

What I find quite intriguing is that the article confirms that it’s the Knights of Ren that “Kylo is mowing down in The Rise of Skywalker trailer.” I’m glad to hear they’re in the movie, but if that’s correct, they and Kylo are going to clash. Very interesting!
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastJedi Wed 22 May 2019, 8:50 am

OMG! They are beautiful!
TheLastJedi
TheLastJedi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 22 May 2019, 8:54 am

@Oscarborough-fairo

That’s Daisy expressing Rey’s understanding and feelings, not her own, and Rey doesn’t know Kylo’s full history does she?

Vanity Fair wrote:When speaking about their characters with Grossman, both Ridley and Driver wound up describing similarly lonely and isolated childhoods for these Force-sensitive figures. Rey was literally abandoned by her parents—whoever they may be—and so has trouble comprehending how Kylo could shun his. But Ridley herself is much more understanding of the stress that might come from being raised by Han Solo and Leia Organa: “Having the two coolest parents and sometimes I’m sure it works amazingly, and sometimes it just might not.”

Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 22 May 2019, 8:54 am

So are we finally getting our "cliff" scene? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon Wed 22 May 2019, 8:59 am

Could a moderator merge all the threads about the VF article please ? (it’s all over this forum)
Blood Moon
Blood Moon
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 22 May 2019, 9:02 am

Oscarborough-fairo wrote:Amazing!! 💙

But there's one thing I didn't like: Daisy said Kylo had it all ( family ) and he threw it away...like Daisy...wtf are you talking about? She still understands nothing of the whole story as it seems Lol
Like Adam, the canon novels, the movie, JJ, Lucasfilm keep saying that Leia and Han were terrible parents, f****ing kitchen robots took care of the baby Ben, he was abused by Snoke, Leia pushed him away, his parents didnt give a single f**** about him since he was a child, they haven't seen him for more than 10 years ffs, Leia's soliders, the rebels could have killed him million times by now..like what kind of mother is she...resistance was more important to her than her own child...that's why Kylo rebels against the resistance..for personal reasons..

Daisy..seriously 😐😐😐

To her defense she's talking about Rey's point of view not hers. That point of view was very clearly voiced in TLJ and seems to be still there in TRoS. And I can't believe I come to Rey's defense - she is not my favorite character by far - but her POV is as valid as anyone else's. Someone who lost their family at a young age will probably never fully understand someone who's fighting with their family and vice versa someone who has a difficult relationship with their parents might have a hard time accepting criticism when the other tends to idealize what could have been. I relate way more to Ben's because I do have issues with my family - although we still all talk to each other - but the reality is that they both suffered. Just saw @Cowgirlsamurai beat me to it.

I can't believe they gave us the names of the characters and names of planets and all. Very cool.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Wed 22 May 2019, 9:06 am

These are AMAZING.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 22 May 2019, 9:10 am

I haven't had time to read the articles yet. But I have been looking at photos. I was preparing myself for just something mediocre but so far I have been very happy with what we are getting! Smile

About the photo, it seems like Kylo is defending himself from Rey again. LOL!

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Wed 22 May 2019, 9:11 am

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker Screen20

Star Crossed..... force bond runs even deeper!

Am I allowed to post this? Can't remember all the rules!
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 22 May 2019, 9:36 am

Er, what? WHAT ?!?

In the first trailer for The Rise of Skywalker, we see Kylo Ren mowing through the knights with his lightsaber. Is this a flashback to a previous falling-out? Evidence of new dissent among the ranks? Or is it, as many hope, evidence that Kylo will turn on the bad influences in his life and join Rey in the light? We’ll find out when The Rise of Skywalker opens in theaters December 20.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/05/star-wars-the-knights-of-ren-make-their-long-awaited-return

Was that confirmed that it's a KoR he is putting down? Did I miss some information while binge-watching GoT and Lucifer?
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Wed 22 May 2019, 9:57 am

HOLLY s***, God help me, they are so f****ing amazing. I have no words. I'm dead. Bye.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 22 May 2019, 9:58 am

Squee! They are being obvious about Reylo and Bendemption! The mystery is - how this movies ties up the saga, and if he survives or not. LOVE THIS! Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 22 May 2019, 9:59 am

SanghaRen wrote:Er, what? WHAT ?!?

In the first trailer for The Rise of Skywalker, we see Kylo Ren mowing through the knights with his lightsaber. Is this a flashback to a previous falling-out? Evidence of new dissent among the ranks? Or is it, as many hope, evidence that Kylo will turn on the bad influences in his life and join Rey in the light? We’ll find out when The Rise of Skywalker opens in theaters December 20.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/05/star-wars-the-knights-of-ren-make-their-long-awaited-return

Was that confirmed that it's a KoR he is putting down? Did I miss some information while binge-watching GoT and Lucifer?
@SanghaRen

You didn't miss anything! Very Happy It's a bit of news LF/Disney decided to reveal in the article. Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 22 May 2019, 10:02 am

Omg these are amazing !!!!!
I love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love you

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker 9737b210
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Wed 22 May 2019, 10:03 am

Awesome! I was prepared for something boring and dumb like the fotos and the article for TLJ, but this is great.
Far more "reylo" than I dared to hope. Very Happy
The background from the combined covers has a touch of "gone with the wind" with tis dramatic red clouds.
coincidence? Laughing
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Wed 22 May 2019, 10:13 am

Finally!!! cheers
Nice photos! I was expecting something more boring and less "reylo", I'm glad I was wrong.
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker Empty Vanity Fair photos

Post by cherrylipstick Wed 22 May 2019, 10:21 am

@SanghaRen

WOW great info!
This is really interesting Twisted Evil
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next