Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker

+45
EchoBase
Kyla Ren
giaciak2
Mila95
loversinthestorm
spacebaby45678
Night Huntress
vaderito
Saracene
Lovely_Rose
motherofpearl1
Lily Snape
tukicarreno
rey09
DeeBee
Teo oswald
12 Parsnips
DarthRen
snufkin
ZioRen
thescavenger
MaddieDove
Moonlight13
californiagirl
rawpowah
cherrylipstick
unicorn
AhsokaTano
SW_Heroine_Journey
Atenais
SheLitAFire
Birdwoman
nickandnora
reylo1992
Cowgirlsamurai
TheLastJedi
Kessel
Blood Moon
FrolickingFizzgig
Oscarborough-fairo
special_cases
MindAndMagic
SkyStar
SanghaRen
nana7marie
49 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 Empty Re: Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by californiagirl Mon 27 May 2019, 12:52 pm

I just hope the people who have been on the ball this entire time get some more recognition when all is said and done. There will be the inevitable initial wave of "who could've ever guessed??? This is shocking!!! But also somehow predictable!!!" articles, but hopefully some better discourse rolls around as time goes by.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 Empty Re: Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by vaderito Fri 31 May 2019, 8:16 am

I will always believe

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 Giphy
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 Rs_1024x759-190522083341-1024-VF-Star-Wars-Adam-Driver-Daisy-Ridley-JB-52219
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Fri 31 May 2019, 12:19 pm

vaderito wrote:I will always believe

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 Giphy
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 Rs_1024x759-190522083341-1024-VF-Star-Wars-Adam-Driver-Daisy-Ridley-JB-52219
@vaderito
I keep seeing this on twitter - have recently commented on a tweet asking which movie kiss in the rain we’d like the Reylo kiss to resemble most, and out of the three listed - ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’, ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ and ‘The Notebook’ - this one I definitely like the least. It takes place amids a large battle so there’s a sense of rush to it and all the constant interruptions give it a comedic effect - so I don’t find it epic, let alone romantic or passionate, which is how I’d like the Reylo kiss to play out  Love . ‘The Notebook’, on the other hand: first love, star-crossed, slow burn, after a period of separation, taking place during the lovers’ personal argument without any witnesses...  H-beating In other words, love the idea provided it’s during their force fight or - if they’re in a larger battle - that they’re separated from the rest and it’s a moment of passion and romance, not a joke  Approves .
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 31 May 2019, 1:41 pm

POTC:AWE wedding is epic. it has everything - romance, humor, amazing fight choreography and the best love theme ever. Fight me!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Fri 31 May 2019, 2:33 pm

vaderito wrote:POTC:AWE wedding is epic. it has everything - romance, humor, amazing fight choreography and the best love theme ever. Fight me!
@vaderito
Agree to disagree! lol!
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 31 May 2019, 5:42 pm

vaderito wrote:POTC:AWE wedding is epic. it has everything - romance, humor, amazing fight choreography and the best love theme ever. Fight me!
@vaderito

I personally prefer a tragic love story of Davy Jones and Calypso over Will and Elizabeth. However, I can see the appeal of Will and Elizabeth and their wedding scene with Barbossa serving as an ordained minister.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 31 May 2019, 9:56 pm

nana7marie wrote:
@vaderito
Agree to disagree! lol!
@nana7marie

I adore the one in Enchanted; Very Happy however, I do expect the Reylo rain kiss scene to be more steamy, even if it parallels this one (there will be a kiss - or kisses - just not sure if it's in the scene the VF image is presenting)

As an aside, very telling and positive that Brian Kesinger still has the Minnie/Rey and Mickey/Ben tweet up - it appears there are no issues. Although it's unofficial, Disney is very protective of Minnie & Mickey images - so the fact it's still present - VERY AWESOME sign Very Happy teehee
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Fri 31 May 2019, 10:46 pm

nana7marie wrote:
@vaderito
Agree to disagree! lol!
@nana7marie

Lovee the kiss in breakfast at tiffany's. I just love the way he looks at her when he pulls her in....

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Sat 01 Jun 2019, 5:31 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey I like it’s Giselle who initiates the kiss in ‘Enchanted’, not Robert, and it’s my headcanon Rey does so too in TRoS, though I wouldn’t mind Kylo-initiated kiss either. ‘Enchanted’ gives us a calmer post-battle kiss than the mid-battle one in ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’, but I’d prefer the Reylo one to have even longer quiet moment ahead of the actual scene and, like you mentioned, be more steamy Very Happy .

@rey09 Yes! Kylo could totally look at Rey this way before they kiss at last!
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 01 Jun 2019, 8:58 am

nana7marie wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey I like it’s Giselle who initiates the kiss in ‘Enchanted’, not Robert, and it’s my headcanon Rey does so too in TRoS, though I wouldn’t mind Kylo-initiated kiss either. ‘Enchanted’ gives us a calmer post-battle kiss than the mid-battle one in ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’, but I’d prefer the Reylo one to have even longer quiet moment ahead of the actual scene and, like you mentioned, be more steamy Very Happy .

@rey09 Yes! Kylo could totally look at Rey this way before they kiss at last!
@nana7marie

Steamy is a must when Adam Driver is involved! Very Happy Smile

I hope the longer quiet moment does involved conversation, which includes the Solo funny wit. The more balanced Ben becomes, I hope he becomes funnier, too. Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 02 Oct 2019, 9:37 am

May I ask

Did anyone solve what the clue was that is supposed to be on this cover? I have a sneaky suspicion what the clue is

Its the whole image that is the answer, imo, not the two individual ones.

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 Star-w11
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Wed 02 Oct 2019, 11:31 am

@Gemini Joanna Robinson recently tweeted more regarding this:
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 B9050210
source
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Wed 02 Oct 2019, 11:55 am

nana7marie wrote:@Gemini Joanna Robinson recently tweeted more regarding this:
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 B9050210
source
@nana7marie

It reminded me the Musketeers crossing their swords. "One for all, all for one." "Un pour tous, tous pour un."
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 02 Oct 2019, 11:55 am

source
@nana7marie

Thank you!.

It looks like she didnt answer but maybe shes suggesting ita linked to whatever empire is suggesting?

I think I might know, I'm scared I'm wrong lol.

The actual whole image merges together better than when you place the two together.

Last edited by Gemini on Wed 02 Oct 2019, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Wed 02 Oct 2019, 11:55 am

source
@nana7marie

Sorry to be so clueless, but what exactly does Joanna meant when she responded with the Empire covers? study
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 02 Oct 2019, 11:57 am

@tukicarreno

glad I'm not the only one confused...beside the obvious symbolism I don't get what hidden hint she's referring to scratch
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 02 Oct 2019, 11:59 am

They are there at the same time in the VF one just like they are in the empire one?

It's not 2 different times?

As said, I have an idea what they are doing and what it represents..I'm not sure if iI should cover it in podcast or answer her in a tweet...

I'm probably wrong..but I love puzzles and figuring out what images/mise en scene is trying to convey.

EDIT - I think I'm wrong. The two images are slightly separated with a line in VF
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Wed 02 Oct 2019, 1:22 pm

Night Huntress wrote:@tukicarreno

glad I'm not the only one confused...beside the obvious symbolism I don't get what hidden hint she's referring to scratch
@Night Huntress

I don´t get it, either. scratch
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Wed 02 Oct 2019, 1:35 pm

I think she meant that there are looking at each other on VF cover
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 02 Oct 2019, 1:45 pm

Ok, I just looked at the tweets and several people mentioned the same thing I thought it was as well!

So im not feeling so crazy now...gonna share what I think.

They are both together looking at a binary sunset or sunrise. Not just any, but the same colour suns as this:

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 Tatooi10

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 Twin-s10

The evidence is in the cloud colours and where they are in the frame.

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 Star-w12

The clouds behind Rey are reflecting the setting rays of the white sun. The clouds behind kylo are reflecting  the red sun rays.

To get even more crazy.

They are positioned like the two suns. Imagine we are seeing their backs and they are looking at the suns.. Rey is higher like the white sun, kylo is lower like the red.

Last but not least. Kylo is looking at the white sun (her). Rey is looking at the red one (him).

Here they are flipped to show what I mean about their positions and which sun they are supposed to represent. See how he is cut off in the middle like the red sun and we see the whole of rey like the white.

Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 Screen22
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 Screen23
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 02 Oct 2019, 5:10 pm

@Gemini
You are not crazy at all Smile If you read through the tarot and ST section you can see we’ve discussed Sirius A and Sirius B which are binary stars( suns are stars ) that follow each other . Sirius A is the main star and Sirius B is like it’s companion , a white dwarf but also called a spectral star type ( this could link to the leaks ). Sirius B was once a red giant but after peeling back its layers became the white dwarf it is now . Their orbit is about 50 Years where sometimes they are really close and other times far away . Together they are the Dog Star Sirius ( Greek for glowing or scorching ) in the Canis Major constellation and are the brightest star in the night sky . The twin flames . Some ancient cultures believe all life came from there like the Dogon .
.The Dogon believe that energy flows from material and non materiel universes that leads to life - it’s two way and that the universe rests on duality and fundamental pairing of opposites .They believe cosmological creation is same as biological creation and use same terms to describe both . Star Wars seems to tap into this with its zygote and phallic imagery . Sirius is meant to be the doorway to a higher consciousness- really important as the saga seems to be heralding the age of Aquarius, the water bearer ( Rey Kenobi is looking more and more likely with water associations around Obi wan and Rey ) and this path to enlightenment is also reinforced with Star Wars use of chakra colours in the new dvd covers and that SWCC mural of the saga showing us the way .

(There is a third smaller body near Sirius A and B by the way scientists haven’t long discovered so if Sirius A is rey , B is kylo then c could be reylo baby ).

Dogon beliefs connect a lot - with ancient Egyptians - they too believed in the Dog Star Sirius being the underworld via Anubis which was the dog /jackal headed god.

@spacebaby45678 talks about Anubis in the Tarot section ( TROS thread ) as Rey is associated with Anubis with her hellhound AT AT for example .
For the Dogon, Sirius B was the first star created by God and it represents the fulcrum of the Universe. ( Interesting if you think of Sirius B being Ben /Kylo so will he be the new fulcrum and not Hux as the leaks suggest ?). All matter developed from it, including souls, following a complex spiral motion .Many myths , religious beliefs and legends are associated with Sirius as the well pool of creation. And well known myths like hades and Persephone, Loki & Sigyn ( the binding of Loki for instance) too, Ulysses & Penelope Etc . We go more into this in section I mentioned . I honestly believe Star Wars is taping into this to create its own myth of Sirius or at least a version of it . If you think of Rey being A and Ben being B well it’s epic what it means and entails but bittersweet too.
Also check this out because it’s so interesting and taps into this and binding ceremonies at weddings and how it comes from Sirius b and A revolving around each other in a cosmic dance a bit like kylo and Rey. This also taps into red string of fate since Sirius A and B are tied together , revolving around one another in their orbit .
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7vtvt9/ben_solo_and_rey_how_they_represent_the_twin_suns/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Last edited by AhsokaTano on Thu 03 Oct 2019, 4:32 am; edited 2 times in total
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Wed 02 Oct 2019, 5:40 pm

@tukicarreno
@Night Huntress
@unicorn
I have no idea either - she hasn’t explained it yet. My initial thoughts are still the same - either they’re facing each other or looking at something together.
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 02 Oct 2019, 5:52 pm

nana7marie wrote:@tukicarreno
@Night Huntress
@unicorn
I have no idea either - she hasn’t explained it yet. My initial thoughts are still the same - either they’re facing each other or looking at something together.
@nana7marie

I'm so ditzy with stuff such as this, I bet I still won't get it, even after I see the movie! lol
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 22 Oct 2019, 8:35 pm

You guys are just brillant cheers Great find @Gemini
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Mon 02 Dec 2019, 10:50 am

‘Vanity Fair’ does more coverage for TRoS, today there’s been an article stating that IX will give us details regarding Finn’s background:
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 71637710
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 3e94b410
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 76dfbc10

ALSO, EVERYBODY STAY CALM!:
Vanity Fair Feature and Lebowitz Photos for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 49d36310

Stretcher
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next