Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1

+48
teltaru
Birdwoman
Kyla Ren
WillowMeena
Rei of Sunshine
Irina de France
vaderito
SoloSideCousin
EchoBase
guardienne
spacebaby45678
Sylvia Snow
panki
Gemini
MindAndMagic
ISeeAnIsland
Saracene
FrolickingFizzgig
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
Armadeus
Geralt_Riv
jakkusun
Reylo Lemon
MelBee
snufkin
BenRey
Xylo Ren
BastilaBey
Mana
ZenBrainJam
kassadin
IoJovi
YoloKylo
Airemyn
AnneNeville
Helix
SanghaRen
Rogue Rey
CienaRee
Force22
MoonlitMoss
MyOnlyHope
Moonjump05
ReyofLightSide
Darth Rowan
Rimfaxe96
Kessel
52 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 8:03 am

guardienne wrote:you would make a very good assassin Very Happy i'm kinda loving the few glimpses of miss jones. maybe we could get some interesting storm trooper as well?
@guardienne

I just love you, you know...always know how to say the right thing to make me feel good...and put a wicked smile on my face
H-beating  

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1

Post by EchoBase Thu 07 Apr 2016, 8:09 am

I think the teaser is quiet cool, the feeling is different, yes. But seeing Mon Mothma and those AT-AT's gave me the chills, and who is this mysterious guy in the black hood? Palpatine maybe?
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 9:09 am

Damn! I'm impressed with this! I wasn't interested in Rogue One at all before, but now sign me up!

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 07 Apr 2016, 9:27 am

Darth Rowan wrote:Imo, the best thing about the trailer was the image of that cloaked/hooded figure in black kneeling.

My first impression of the trailer is that it didn't feel Star Wars-y. It's grainy, gritty. More like Hunger Games part 1 than Star Wars, imo. I like it but I didn't get any chills, lol.

It does sound cool, and I like that the chick Felicity Jones plays is being touted as the main guy. "What will you become?" and the musical cue at the end...foreshadowing about Rey? Is this Rey's mom who later turned to the dark side? I wonder if we're meant to wonder that.

Not surprised we didn't see Vader proper. I think they'll keep him under wraps until the release date approaches.
@Darth Rowan

same. No chills, looks interesting, Gritty, not like SW which is good, IMO. Spin offs should look different from Episodes, otherwise fatigue would settle quickly.

I'm not hyped but I'll check it out.

Dialog is cheese. "I rebel." Laughing Laughing Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 9:31 am

Darth Rowan wrote:Imo, the best thing about the trailer was the image of that cloaked/hooded figure in black kneeling.

My first impression of the trailer is that it didn't feel Star Wars-y. It's grainy, gritty. More like Hunger Games part 1 than Star Wars, imo. I like it but I didn't get any chills, lol.
@Darth Rowan

I can't help but feel Felicity Jones' character has been inspired by Katniss.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 07 Apr 2016, 10:16 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:I loved that teaser. LOVED it. It's a completely different beast from TFA - more like the comics?

But it looks great and I'm fangirling so hard right now. bounce
@Darth Dingbat

I loved it too. I had zero interest in this movie until now. I love the grittiness. Felicity Jones and Forest Whittaker are always great.

So now my question is: Who is the guy in white? Wasn't there some bit somewhere that Snoke was supposed to have been an admiral in the Imperial Navy? That guy is white has that look ... *and* the Snoke build. I also loved "What will you become?"
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 07 Apr 2016, 10:16 am

Guys, she's CLEARLY Rey's mother. I mean come on, she has an English accent.

I liked the trailer... (the music especially). It does look like The Hunger Games though, which I'm not too keen on because I'm not a big fan.

I like the idea that this won't have anything to do with the Force or Jedi. It's a breath of fresh air if you ask me, and I'm sure it'll be at least watchable.

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 07 Apr 2016, 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 07 Apr 2016, 10:18 am

AppleCrumble122 wrote:

@Darth Rowan

I can't help but feel Felicity Jones' character has been inspired by Katniss.
@AppleCrumble122

I can definitely see that. Katniss with a criminal record.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 10:18 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Guys, she's CLEARLY Rey's mother. I mean come on, she has an English accent.

I liked the trailer... (the music especially) I does look like The Hunger Games though, which I'm not too keen on because I'm not a big fan.

I like the idea that this won't have anything to do with the Force or Jedi. It's a breath of fresh air if you ask me, and I'm sure it'll be at least watchable.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I would LOVE her to be Rey's mother! And I agree on it being a breath of fresh air with no Jedi or the Force. Also is that the same actress who plays Mon Mothma in RotS?

Also no Mads Mikkelsen Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 07 Apr 2016, 10:20 am

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Guys, she's CLEARLY Rey's mother. I mean come on, she has an English accent.

I liked the trailer... (the music especially) I does look like The Hunger Games though, which I'm not too keen on because I'm not a big fan.

@FrolickingFizzgig

I would LOVE her to be Rey's mother! And I agree on it being a breath of fresh air with no Jedi or the Force. Also is that the same actress who plays Mon Mothma in RotS?

@AppleCrumble122

Mads rules. I bet they are hiding him for some reason.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 10:21 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

@AppleCrumble122

Mads rules. I bet they are hiding him for some reason.
@SoloSideCousin

Wait! What if he's... that Knight in black guy! :O

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 07 Apr 2016, 10:36 am

Finally watched the trailer.
I liked it - alright I am not as excited as I was for the trailer of TFA (Chewie... we are home).
But let s say, trailer looked interesting and I am definitely going to watch the movie.

@AppleCrumble122 According to EW article it is the same actress from ROTS who play Mothma. (It s cool).

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 10:39 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:Finally watched the trailer.
I liked it - alright I am not as excited as I was for the trailer of TFA (Chewie... we are home).
But let s say, trailer looked interesting and I am definitely going to watch the movie.

@AppleCrumble122 According to EW article it is the same actress from ROTS who play Mothma. (It s cool).

@Darth_Awakened

Thanks! Knew it! Glad she's back - hopefully her scenes won't get cut this time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 07 Apr 2016, 10:42 am

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:Finally watched the trailer.

@Darth_Awakened

Thanks! Knew it! Glad she's back - hopefully her scenes won't get cut this time!
@AppleCrumble122

I doubt it. We gonna see her this time.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Thu 07 Apr 2016, 10:44 am

I am excited after seeing the trailer!
I am okay with Felicity Jones being Rey's mom as long as Luke is not the dad, obvi.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Thu 07 Apr 2016, 10:48 am

I agree, some heavy Hunger Games vibes (I was unimpressed with HG, so...)

So FJ's love interest is that smirking guy?

Excited to see Mon, and that non Chiss Thrawn looking dude.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Thu 07 Apr 2016, 11:07 am

Could Mads be playing Lor San Tekka?
The spoiler of her name being something like Jyn were correct
Was that Darth Vader kneeling?
And curious about the guy in white
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 11:16 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Thu 07 Apr 2016, 11:20 am

ReyofLightSide wrote:Could Mads be playing Lor San Tekka?
@ReyofLightSide

Yup yup. This is part of the theory that I shared in the Lor San Tekka thread.

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 2 Mm_mvs

This is a quote from Mads:
It is a very important role, as much as I can say. No my character is not actually a bad guy. And then I can say no more.

You can read more here: http://spoiledbluemilk.com/2015/12/30/the-backstory-of-lor-san-tekka-connections-to-rogue-one/
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 07 Apr 2016, 11:26 am

Darth Rowan wrote:
ReyofLightSide wrote:Could Mads be playing Lor San Tekka?
@ReyofLightSide

Yup yup. This is part of the theory that I shared in the Lor San Tekka thread.

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 2 Mm_mvs

This is a quote from Mads:
It is a very important role, as much as I can say. No my character is not actually a bad guy. And then I can say no more.

You can read more here:http://spoiledbluemilk.com/2015/12/30/the-backstory-of-lor-san-tekka-connections-to-rogue-one/
@Darth Rowan

hmmm..It is very interesting. I have not been thinking about Rogue One so far.

@ReyofLightSide

I do not think it s Vader. That figure just does not look like him.
But since there are red emperor s bodyguards in the scene - I think that Palps can be somewhere around (I would like to see Ian Mcdiarmid as Palps again)
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Thu 07 Apr 2016, 12:06 pm

The Rogue One teaser is fantastic! I love the music, the costumes, the grim feel. Felicity Jones' rebellious character seems really interesting. She looks quite a bit older than I expected, mid to late twenties, I'd say. Mon Mothma is so cute. On a side note, the number of fanboys crying about female main characters in the comments of the trailer is just... absolutely not surprising at all. It's always nice to get some perspective on the type of Star Wars fans that populate the internet.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Thu 07 Apr 2016, 1:15 pm

I wonder if anyone from the Lost Stars book will be in this? The timing works.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitMoss Thu 07 Apr 2016, 1:44 pm

It looks good! They are doing a great job with the casting for these movies.

@reyoflightside it would be really cool to see Lost Stars brought into the movies.
MoonlitMoss
MoonlitMoss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 4:51 pm

I wasn't expecting much from the trailer but I'm actually excited for this movie now.

It had a retro look which harks back to ANH, which makes sense. One of the problems I had with the PT is that they made it all too slick and the designs did not flow naturally into the OT. It should be more grainy and gritty to be in keeping with the Star Wars era it is set in.

I cant see Jyn Erso being Rey's mother. For starters, there's at least a 13 or 14 year gap between the events of Rogue One and Rey's birth. Not that it makes it biologically impossible, but a lot can happen in that time. We don't even know if Jyn survives the events of Rogue One.

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 07 Apr 2016, 5:06 pm

EchoBase wrote:I think the teaser is quiet cool, the feeling is different, yes. But seeing Mon Mothma and those AT-AT's gave me the chills, and who is this mysterious guy in the black hood? Palpatine maybe?
@EchoBase

Yup, all this. Unless the early reviews suck, I'm definitely interested in seeing it.

Also, as it's previously been said, it has Mads Mikkelsen!
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next