Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1

+48
teltaru
Birdwoman
Kyla Ren
WillowMeena
Rei of Sunshine
Irina de France
vaderito
SoloSideCousin
EchoBase
guardienne
spacebaby45678
Sylvia Snow
panki
Gemini
MindAndMagic
ISeeAnIsland
Saracene
FrolickingFizzgig
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
Armadeus
Geralt_Riv
jakkusun
Reylo Lemon
MelBee
snufkin
BenRey
Xylo Ren
BastilaBey
Mana
ZenBrainJam
kassadin
IoJovi
YoloKylo
Airemyn
AnneNeville
Helix
SanghaRen
Rogue Rey
CienaRee
Force22
MoonlitMoss
MyOnlyHope
Moonjump05
ReyofLightSide
Darth Rowan
Rimfaxe96
Kessel
52 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 07 Apr 2016, 5:15 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:The Rogue One teaser is fantastic! I love the music, the costumes, the grim feel. Felicity Jones' rebellious character seems really interesting. She looks quite a bit older than I expected, mid to late twenties, I'd say. Mon Mothma is so cute. On a side note, the number of fanboys crying about female main characters in the comments of the trailer is just... absolutely not surprising at all. It's always nice to get some perspective on the type of Star Wars fans that populate the internet.
@MyOnlyHope

They're complaining about Felicity now? She looks awesome.  She's an Oscar-nominated actress to boot. The whole cast looks great.  Forest Whittaker, Mads Mikkelsen, Felicity, come on now.

@Mrs Ben Solo I agree about the grittiness factor so much. The PT looked so fake and CGI-ish at times. I loved the clips of the tanks and stormtroopers marching enemy fighter pilots through a dirty street. They are even shooting the actors in a realistic manner. Felicity did not look completely perfect. It's awesome.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1

Post by panki Thu 07 Apr 2016, 7:55 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:I loved that teaser. LOVED it. It's a completely different beast from TFA - more like the comics?

But it looks great and I'm fangirling so hard right now. bounce
@Darth Dingbat

I loved it too.  I had zero interest in this movie until now.  I love the grittiness.  Felicity Jones and Forest Whittaker are always great.  

So now my question is: Who is the guy in white? Wasn't there some bit somewhere that Snoke was supposed to have been an admiral in the Imperial Navy? That guy is white has that look ... *and* the Snoke build.  I also loved "What will you become?"

That would be amazing if he is Snoke (when he was Agent Blackhole with the Imperials).....he can't be admiral Thrawn since Thrawn might be appearing in Rebels in season 3......also, this new guy isn't Chiss, and he is FS as well (walking on water)......people are saying the man in white is Rey's grandfather....if they take that route, I wonder how Rey will cope with the news?!?! Shocked

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Thu 07 Apr 2016, 7:59 pm

Theories that characters in RO may be related/connected to the ST are interesting, but didn't LF say that there would be no cross over between the Anthology films and the main saga? (although I suppose that seems a little contradictory as one of the Anthology trilogies is about Han Solo's origins).
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 07 Apr 2016, 8:11 pm

Kessel89 wrote:Theories that characters in RO may be related/connected to the ST are interesting, but didn't LF say that there would be no cross over between the Anthology films and the main saga? (although I suppose that seems a little contradictory as one of the Anthology trilogies is about Han Solo's origins).
@Kessel89

Well, it all depends on how much of a role the characters have.....I think they've also mentioned that Snoke witnessed the rise and fall of the Empire....so maybe he is a side character in Rogue One?

I'm torn between Snoke possibly being the man in white....and that column of Smoke between the Imperial guards....

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 3 2h37qbm

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitMoss Thu 07 Apr 2016, 8:38 pm

Is that Palpatine? ^^ It looks likes him, and those are his guards.

I wasn't paying attention when I saw it the first time. I thought it was a different character.

If it is, why is he kneeling in front of that pillar of light?
MoonlitMoss
MoonlitMoss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 07 Apr 2016, 8:41 pm

I thought it was Vader bowing to the Emperor since there are two guards present....my second choice would be Vader and Snoke....but not sure....maybe it is Palpatine bowing to some sith artifact?

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 8:42 pm

MoonlitMoss wrote:Is that Palpatine? ^^ It looks likes him, and those are his guards.

I wasn't paying attention when I saw it the first time. I thought it was a different character.

@MoonlitMoss

Is he kneeling, though? Palpatine walked hunched over with a cane and I don't think he was that tall to begin with.

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitMoss Thu 07 Apr 2016, 8:45 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
MoonlitMoss wrote:Is that Palpatine? ^^ It looks likes him, and those are his guards.

@MoonlitMoss

Is he kneeling, though? Palpatine walked hunched over with a cane and I don't think he was that tall to begin with.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Oh, he kneels down in the trailer.

@panki

Yeah, I'm not sure if it is him. I really want Darth Vader to show up sometime in the film. I don't even care if it's just ominous breathing lol.
MoonlitMoss
MoonlitMoss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 8:50 pm

MoonlitMoss wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:

@MoonlitMoss

@Mrs Ben Solo

@panki

Yeah, I'm not sure if it is him. I really want Darth Vader to show up sometime in the film. I don't even care if it's just ominous breathing lol.
@MoonlitMoss

Ah, right, I should probably watch the trailer again. It could be Vader even though he never wore a hooded cloak. But I think if it was him they would have included his signature rasping breathing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Thu 07 Apr 2016, 8:56 pm

I know Vader wasn't in the trailer (...or was he...), but have we received any confirmation he'll actually be in RO, or is it just rumors?

I really, really hope he is in it. He's really the one thing I'm most looking forward to seeing.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 07 Apr 2016, 11:37 pm

This is a nice review of the trailer.....

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Fri 08 Apr 2016, 12:44 am

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
MoonlitMoss wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:

@MoonlitMoss

@Mrs Ben Solo

@panki

@MoonlitMoss

Ah, right, I should probably watch the trailer again. It could be Vader even though he never wore a hooded cloak. But I think if it was him they would have included his signature rasping breathing.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Maybe it's just Kylo Ren time travelling Laughing Just joking.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 08 Apr 2016, 12:58 am

@EchoBase..... I actually wondered if they might show a tiny glimpse into the future where Snoke is in a bacta tank and Kylo arrives and bows to him....just to shock the audience.... Razz

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Fri 08 Apr 2016, 1:08 am

Wow, I actually had the same thought this morning, but then I thought "nah, that's too crazy." Laughing
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Fri 08 Apr 2016, 1:22 am

panki wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:Theories that characters in RO may be related/connected to the ST are interesting, but didn't LF say that there would be no cross over between the Anthology films and the main saga? (although I suppose that seems a little contradictory as one of the Anthology trilogies is about Han Solo's origins).
@Kessel89

Well, it all depends on how much of a role the characters have.....I think they've also mentioned that Snoke witnessed the rise and fall of the Empire....so maybe he is a side character in Rogue One?

I'm torn between Snoke possibly being the man in white....and that column of Smoke between the Imperial guards....

@panki
Can the figure be one of the Emperor's Hand? Vess Kogo perhaps? He harbors a deep hatred for the Resistance so Palpatine could tasks him to hunted the Rebels down
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 08 Apr 2016, 2:07 am

panki wrote:@EchoBase..... I actually wondered if they might show a tiny glimpse into the future where Snoke is in a bacta tank and Kylo arrives and bows to him....just to shock the audience.... Razz
@panki

O.M.G.!!!!!!!! That would be amazing. Can't darkside users like Snoke see and manipulate the future? I have to look at the trailer again to see the build of the cloaked man. I don't think it was Vader. Vader was broader. This person seemed tall and slimmer. It could be Mads Mikkelsen .... -or- our favorite legacy child. Laughing
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 08 Apr 2016, 2:12 am

Sylvia Snow wrote:
panki wrote:
@Kessel89

@panki
Can the figure be one of the Emperor's Hand? Vess Kogo perhaps? He harbors a deep hatred for the Resistance so Palpatine could tasks him to hunted the Rebels down
@Sylvia Snow

That is a really strong possibility.....I never thought about that.....bringing in an Emperor's hand into the story would be amazing! I don't think we have any as part of SW canon till now.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 08 Apr 2016, 2:18 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
panki wrote:@EchoBase..... I actually wondered if they might show a tiny glimpse into the future where Snoke is in a bacta tank and Kylo arrives and bows to him....just to shock the audience.... Razz
@panki

O.M.G.!!!!!!!! That would be amazing. Can't darkside users like Snoke see and manipulate the future? I have to look at the trailer again to see the build of the cloaked man. I don't think it was Vader. Vader was broader. This person seemed tall and slimmer. It could be Mads Mikkelsen .... -or- our favorite legacy child. Laughing
@SoloSideCousin

I also don't think it is Vader...they might have Vader appear briefly for a battle scene...but I don't think he'll have a big role or the other characters will get eclipsed. Rhandites are able to change the future....this is what made me wonder whether Kylo's original destiny was to be a hero and Snoke has messed around with it....hence Kylo's struggle with the light? Now I'm half hoping it is the legacy child.... Razz
But the chances of it being someone like Mads Mikkelsen is higher considering there are imperial guards in the room.... maybe he is one of the Emperor's hand like @Sylvia Snow mentioned?

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 08 Apr 2016, 2:41 am

panki wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
@panki

@SoloSideCousin

I also don't think it is Vader...they might have Vader appear briefly for a battle scene...but I don't think he'll have a big role or the other characters will get eclipsed. Rhandites are able to change the future....this is what made me wonder whether Kylo's original destiny was to be a hero and Snoke has messed around with it....hence Kylo's struggle with the light? Now I'm half hoping it is the legacy child.... Razz
But the chances of it being someone like Mads Mikkelsen is higher considering there are imperial guards in the room.... maybe he is one of the Emperor's hand like @Sylvia Snow mentioned?
@panki

Regarding the bolded: O.M.G. Again.!!!! The thought of that cuts right into my chest!!! If half of this turns out to be true people will have #SaveBenSolo bumper stickers on their cars!!! Laughing

I just rewatched the trailer and I saw those imperial guards too. Sigh!!! It does make it more unlikely ... unless Snoke had total copycat guards, but I'm not sure he would, especially if he from a different sect than the the Emperor. And btw, the Rhandites sound like the most nihilistic thing I have ever heard!!! Wow! Talk about literally being consumed by the darkness. If it turns out to be true, I actually can't imagine Kylo being onboard with that belief system. He cares too much about the planets being blown up. I think Snoke would lie to him the entire time (probably tell him about how he would learn the whole force, how the force made him equal in parts for a reason and Luke could never understand this and could never help Ben/Kylo), in the hopes of eventually literally "snatching" Kylo's body at some point.

I really like the looks of that guy in white though. He looks like a charismatic actor. And though that guy in that youtube video you posted was saying he might be a Thrawn type, I really hope he is more than that. The "admiral" character seems to be carrying a blaster, but that doesn't mean he's not force sensitive ... especially if he is hiding in plain sight ... and especially if his skills are highly mental in nature ... which Snoke's seem to be.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 08 Apr 2016, 2:45 am

The guy in white looks like he's a grand admiral, like Thrawn was...

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 3 Luke1
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 08 Apr 2016, 2:55 am

Kessel89 wrote:The guy in white looks like he's a grand admiral, like Thrawn was...

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 3 Luke1
@Kessel89

I remember a rumor someplace along the way that Snoke may have been an admiral in the Imperial Navy at some point too. Could they have joined the concepts of Thrawn and Lord Cronal? Whoever he is, he looks interesting. Smile
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Fri 08 Apr 2016, 3:00 am

This sounds interesting

http://www.starwarsreport.com/2016/04/07/rogue-one-teaser-breakdown/

"Jyn in an Imperial disguise similar to TIE pilot gear. And most importantly (and largely missed, it seems), under Whitaker’s final line can be heard… the sound of Darth Vader’s mechanical breathing! This gives Whitaker’s final line much more weight: “If you continue to fight, what will you become?”

Did anyone notice this? I didn't.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Fri 08 Apr 2016, 4:31 am

That admiral could pass for Snoke.
I am wondering who is in the batca tank/source of light thing and why they are guarded. If that is a flash forward to Kylo kneeling....holy crap!
So Jyn could be the daughter of Mads' character? And he may be the one who designed the Death Star? SO, if he turns out to be Lor San Tekka and FJ is Rey's Mom, it can explain why LST was also on Jakku to watch over his granddaughter.
One theory I heard was Jyn will turn out to be Captain Phasma, but FJ is not 6'3".
I thought I heard Darth Vader would be in RO.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 08 Apr 2016, 8:43 am

@EchoBase.... heard Vader breathing in the background!! I think we will probably see him in one of the trailers closer to the release date.....am really excited to see him in battle Very Happy

@ReyofLightSide .......I don't think Jyn is Phasma because both the age keeping in mind the TFA timeline and the height are not matching......Jyn would be a little older than Luke and Leia at the time at the time....I feel a better candidate for Phasma is a ruthless little girl imperial cadet called Anya Razak in the book 'Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy '......Anya Razak has ash blonde hair, is from Coruscant (the British accent) and is one of the favourite students of Brendol Hux (General Hux's father).

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next