Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 2

+48
Darth Dingbat
MelBee
Jakku
teltaru
Jozie
spacebaby45678
Blackcanary
Gemini
Kylo Ren
snufkin
Saracene
Lily Snape
MissG
panki
IoJovi
BastilaBey
ZenBrainJam
BenRey
Rei of Sunshine
vaderito
Darth Rowan
Kessel
MeadowofAshes
Mana
Reylo Lemon
Force22
CienaRee
Helix
Irina de France
Kyla Ren
Ohtze
Rogue Rey
Xylo Ren
Search Your Feelings
SoloSideCousin
AnneNeville
Rimfaxe96
FrolickingFizzgig
MyOnlyHope
Darth Dementor
Darth_Awakened
Birdwoman
ISeeAnIsland
Sylvia Snow
Nyx
SanghaRen
RKR Connection
Little_Boots
52 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 2 Empty ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 2

Post by Little_Boots Tue 19 Apr 2016, 3:07 am

Did anyone notice Finn picking up the little ball Luke was practicing his training with on the MF in A New Hope?
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 2

Post by Gemini Tue 19 Apr 2016, 3:30 am

In Star Trek a character was linked with an ancient character and it did not need much explanation. If she's revealed to be s kenobi right at the end it will work. It rounds it off and also leaves prequels open. Because I work in film I feel they will have no problem explaining it with clever cinematography
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 2

Post by EchoBase Tue 19 Apr 2016, 3:39 am

Little_Boots wrote:Did anyone notice Finn picking up the little ball Luke was practicing his training with on the MF in A New Hope?
@Little_Boots

Yes, while he was searching for the First-Aid-Kit Smile.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Tue 19 Apr 2016, 4:08 am

I would love Rey to be a Kenobi. However, if I'm being truthful, I have a couple of logistical problems with it: Obi-Wan's adherence to the Jedi code and how to explain him having a child while watching over Luke, and what happened to that child. The theory has some of the same potential retcon problems Rey Skywalker does. However, I would be estatic if they made it work and I think they could utilize Ewan McGregor (and later do a Obi-wan stand alone movie). I would also love Rey to be a Palpatine too, but i have no idea how that one would work...

Sometimes I still feel that Rey's past is tied up with her vision and other days I think she may be a Kenobi or Palaptine. Then sometimes I wonder about the possibility of a King Prana connection... All I know is, we need more clues to help us put this puzzle together!
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by RKR Connection Tue 19 Apr 2016, 4:17 am

Hello everyone,

Could we please reserve this discussion for the "Rey's Lineage" thread? Thank you!
RKR Connection
RKR Connection
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 19 Apr 2016, 5:53 am

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 2 MU8zsxv

No idea what site this is from, but apparently Ridley's co-star for Episode VIII is listed as Adam Driver, while her co-star for Episode VII was Boyega. Could be nothing/random coincidence though because I can't see if the information is "official" or not (what site it's from). Also I wasn't sure whether or not to post this here? It seemed like the best place. Internet stuff.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 19 Apr 2016, 7:29 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 2 MU8zsxv

No idea what site this is from, but apparently Ridley's co-star for Episode VIII is listed as Adam Driver, while her co-star for Episode VII was Boyega. Could be nothing/random coincidence though because I can't see if the information is "official" or not (what site it's from). Also I wasn't sure whether or not to post this here? It seemed like the best place. Internet stuff.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Could be first 2 most searched names. On IMDB, for example, 2 most searched names pop up as "stars". So Ep VIII was starring DR and Domhnall Gleeson!!!! at one point. Laughing Laughing Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2016, 8:39 am

There's a whole series of photos from the Royal visit to the Star Wars set at Pinewood here https://mobile.twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/722411151670263812
John Boyega, Mark Hamill, Daisy Ridley, Chewbacca (not sure who's in the costume) and Rian Johnson are there.

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 19 Apr 2016, 8:54 am

Order on the official website:

Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis.
http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-viii-now-filming

Not sure it means anything. Looks more like the order of their billing maybe Smile
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 19 Apr 2016, 9:02 am

SanghaRen wrote:Order on the official website:

Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis.

Not sure it means anything. Looks more like the order of their billing maybe Smile
@SanghaRen

Billing order makes sense but notice that website doesn't list BDT, Dern and KMT yet.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2016, 9:17 am

This means more Luke Skywalker, which is a good thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 19 Apr 2016, 9:48 am

vaderito wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:Order on the official website:

@SanghaRen

Billing order makes sense but notice that website doesn't list BDT, Dern and KMT yet.

Yes, they do in the next sentence. Here is the full paragraph - last sentence mentions them as new cast members:

Star Wars: Episode VIII, which is written and directed by Rian Johnson and continues the storylines introduced in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, welcomes back cast members Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis. New cast members will include Academy Award winner Benicio Del Toro, Academy Award nominee Laura Dern, and talented newcomer Kelly Marie Tran.

But this is 2 months old so any addition done in between is not there.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx Tue 19 Apr 2016, 10:07 am

Princes William and Harry visited Pinewood Studios today. Daisy, Mark and John were there. Unfortunately no Adam.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/722395129705861120

Nyx
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2016, 10:12 am

Adam Driver is American, what would he care about British royalty? Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Tue 19 Apr 2016, 10:12 am

Nyx wrote:Princes William and Harry visited Pinewood Studios today. Daisy, Mark and John are there. Unfortunately no Adam.
@Nyx

Oh my God! At first glance, I thought Prince William was holding Rey's head then I realized it was her wig Laughing
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 19 Apr 2016, 10:23 am

Sylvia Snow wrote:
Nyx wrote:Princes William and Harry visited Pinewood Studios today. Daisy, Mark and John are there. Unfortunately no Adam.
@Nyx

Oh my God! At first glance, I thought Prince William was holding Rey's head then I realized it was her wig Laughing
@Sylvia Snow

No, it's her head Very Happy I don't know what it is though, but it's definitely a head, I saw it in a different picture.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Tue 19 Apr 2016, 10:28 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
Sylvia Snow wrote:
@Nyx

@Sylvia Snow

No, it's her head Very Happy I don't know what it is though, but it's definitely a head, I saw it in a different picture.
@Darth Dingbat
ROFL ROFL ROFL
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 2 Giphy
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx Tue 19 Apr 2016, 10:33 am

@Qui-Ghost
Mark is there too and he's American  Smile https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/722429181167054850
I was hoping he'd be around maybe cause of scheduling/filming, but guess not.

@Sylvia Snow
Razz It looks weird. I spot ears on the side so it might be some kind of mask?

Nyx
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Tue 19 Apr 2016, 10:35 am

@Nyx
Honestly, I personally don't know what is it or why it is needed Nope
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 19 Apr 2016, 10:43 am

Nyx wrote:@Qui-Ghost
Mark is there too and he's American  Smile https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/722429181167054850

@Sylvia Snow
@Nyx

OK Mark is Luke Mother***** Skywalker. Kylo/AD isn't there yet.

Anyway, I bet that some people are going to spin this as papa Luke giving his blessing to Rey and Finn or such nonsense. Laughing pig elephant lol! Sleep
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 19 Apr 2016, 11:04 am

People, let's be original : the head is used for the darkness test in a cave in Mexico where Rey meets masked Kylo Ren, decapitates him and then shot on the rolling head -> it's Rey's!
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 19 Apr 2016, 12:01 pm

@Sylvia Snow
@Nyx
The photo description describes it as a "head cast".  Does anyone involved in film production know what that means?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Tue 19 Apr 2016, 12:36 pm

Little_Boots wrote:
Search Your Feelings wrote:Tptb said that her parentage would be profoundly satisfying though which automatically directs me to Kenobi over Random.
I do like the whole Random can be just as powerful with the force theory, but the fact that McGregor is lurking about and with rumours of a Kenobi movie, and that her solitary situation on Jakku is a hint sways me towards Rey Kenobi.

Throw in the accent and the Skywalker/Kenobi poetry as well.
@Search Your Feelings

I would love if Rey ended up as a Kenobi. I believed this theory so much but when I thought about it, this would require a lot of explaining. Unless they leave it until the last minute and by that time we actually have confirmation of a Kenobi movie in the works. That would be perfect. 2019, I am sure we will know by then if a Kenobi film will happen bounce
@Little_Boots

Oh I'm about 90% sure they're going to make a Kenobi movie.  He's a beloved character who is intertwined with the Skywalkers.  Ewan Mcgregor still has it and is willing to do another SW movie.  Kenobi is a character nobody hates.  I don't see them building the hype of Rey's secret parentage only to announce that her parents are random.  I'd be ok with that but the way they're keeping it a secret smacks of something "special" that will be revealed and will satisfy viewers and fans.

EDIT: oops, sorry Mods, will get back on topic. Running to keep up with the threads Smile
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2016, 12:42 pm

I'd like to see more of Ewan...make him more human

Oh...off topic...sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Tue 19 Apr 2016, 1:07 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Sylvia Snow
@Nyx
The photo description describes it as a "head cast".  Does anyone involved in film production know what that means?
@ISeeAnIsland

As the head cast in the photo clearly has Rey's three-bunned wig on it, I'm just gonna guess that it is a plain old wig block, cast from her head so they could make her wig. Here's a description of how that's done for Phantom of the Opera, though the description is how to make a head cast on the cheap, and I'm sure that SW uses some kind of much more high quality system than saran wrap and masking tape:

http://phantomonabudget.bravehost.com/wig.htm

I guess it could also be for something else, with a depiction of her face, but it's turned away from the camera so it's hard to tell. Seeing as the Royals were looking at old stuff mostly (including Rey's costume), I'm going to guess they were looking at something that couldn't possibly give anything away.

IE, it's never going to appear on film. It is a cast of Daisy's head made so they could create her wig and store it without it being deformed.

Just IMHO.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next