Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 2

+48
Darth Dingbat
MelBee
Jakku
teltaru
Jozie
spacebaby45678
Blackcanary
Gemini
Kylo Ren
snufkin
Saracene
Lily Snape
MissG
panki
IoJovi
BastilaBey
ZenBrainJam
BenRey
Rei of Sunshine
vaderito
Darth Rowan
Kessel
MeadowofAshes
Mana
Reylo Lemon
Force22
CienaRee
Helix
Irina de France
Kyla Ren
Ohtze
Rogue Rey
Xylo Ren
Search Your Feelings
SoloSideCousin
AnneNeville
Rimfaxe96
FrolickingFizzgig
MyOnlyHope
Darth Dementor
Darth_Awakened
Birdwoman
ISeeAnIsland
Sylvia Snow
Nyx
SanghaRen
RKR Connection
Little_Boots
52 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 2

Post by MeadowofAshes Mon 16 May 2016, 5:18 pm

BastilaBey wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:@BastilaBey Especially since we see him unmask from HER perspective. The same trick is used in novels/short stories. If I write "Kylo unmasked, revealing a handsome young man" in a chapter that is following Rey's perspective, I don't even have to directly say "Rey thought Kylo was hot" for the reader to understand that Rey thinks he is hot. It is implied. Same with this scene. It's shot from Rey's perspective, therefore it IS Rey's perspective. For those who don't know this writing trick, her reaction to him should be the dead giveaway, for crying out loud. Lol.
@MeadowofAshes

Exactly. It is also through Rey's eyes that the audience's perception of Kylo's character will change.
@BastilaBey

Yes, absolutely. I appreciated how her reactions to the big events in TFA generally matched the general audience's. "Holy sith" to Kylo unmasking (well, I guess the bulk of the straight female/gay male audience...), anxiety then "No!" to Han Solo's death, condemnation and disgust at Kylo, wants to kill him. She was well written and acted as the perfect mirror of the audience, and will continue to be the perfect character to take the audience on its journey of feeling compassion for Ben.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 2

Post by Guest Mon 16 May 2016, 6:43 pm

Okay so I've given that Mark Hamill tweet deletion some more thought. The more I think about it, the more of a genuine slip it seems. I believe that the problem word was dangerous. Not dreamboat. And not because of the spelling mistake.

Mark accidentally described Kylo instead of Adam. Which is romanticizing a villain whose fate is meant to be kept secret. The new tweet is reworded to omit dangerous, rather than fixing the misspelling/typo.

The actors have read the script for VIII. This could mean that the beginnings of a romance may be in store for Kylo as early as that. Kylo is both dangerous and attractive, neither of which is an accident. I suspect both are important to the plot.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 16 May 2016, 6:47 pm

WhatGirl wrote:Okay so I've given that Mark Hamill tweet deletion some more thought. The more I think about it, the more of a genuine slip it seems. I believe that the problem word was dangerous. Not dreamboat. And not because of the spelling mistake.

Mark accidentally described Kylo instead of Adam. Which is romanticizing a villain whose fate is meant to be kept secret. The new tweet is reworded to omit dangerous, rather than fixing the misspelling/typo.

The actors have read the script for VIII. This could mean that the beginnings of a romance may be in store for Kylo as early as that. Kylo is both dangerous and attractive, neither of which is an accident. I suspect both are important to the plot.
@WhatGirl

I agree. It was a slip of sorts. if misspelling had bothered him so much, he could have deleted misspelled tweet and tweeted the same thing spelled correctly. But he changed the meaning. So obviously first tweet said a bit more than intended.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Mon 16 May 2016, 6:51 pm

vaderito wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:Okay so I've given that Mark Hamill tweet deletion some more thought. The more I think about it, the more of a genuine slip it seems. I believe that the problem word was dangerous. Not dreamboat. And not because of the spelling mistake.

@WhatGirl

I agree. It was a slip of sorts. if misspelling had bothered him so much, he could have deleted misspelled tweet and tweeted the same thing spelled correctly. But he changed the meaning. So obviously first tweet said a bit more than intended.
@vaderito

Agreed. Especially in light of all the seductive Skywalker and naughty nephew remarks. Dangerous dreamboat was too on the mark and someone barked up his a** about it. Whoops. Very Happy

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 16 May 2016, 6:53 pm

@MeadowofAshes In short, Rey is attracted, intrigued. Nothing new. There's TFA for proof.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Mon 16 May 2016, 7:00 pm

Nah. It was misspelled, there's no need for it to mean more.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 16 May 2016, 7:05 pm

@WhatGirl

That's a very good point and makes perfect sense! You're right, the question asked was about Adam, but Mark's answer was defintely about Kylo.

Perhaps Kylo will be tempting Rey somehow, the same way she tempts him with the light. It also reminds me a little bit of that passage from the TFA novel where Rey first sees Kylo in the Takodana forest and it says she's seen this man before, "in a daydream, in a nightmare."
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Mon 16 May 2016, 7:13 pm

Kessel89 wrote:

@WhatGirl

That's a very good point and makes perfect sense! You're right, the question asked was about Adam, but Mark's answer was defintely about Kylo.

Perhaps Kylo will be tempting Rey somehow, the same way she tempts him with the light. It also reminds me a little bit of that passage from the TFA novel where Rey first sees Kylo in the Takodana forest and it says she's seen this man before, "in a daydream, in a nightmare."
@Kessel89
Or maybe he was calling Adam a dangerous dreamboat rather than Kylo and then reconsidered saying that about his costar.

But the misspelling is the simplest answer.

AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 16 May 2016, 7:19 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:

@WhatGirl

@Kessel89
Or maybe he was calling Adam a dangerous dreamboat rather than Kylo and then reconsidered saying that about his costar.

But the misspelling is the simplest answer.

@AnneNeville

Yeah that's possible, although dangerous would seem to fit Kylo more than Adam.

It's really not that big a deal though either way. It's just fun to speculate about its deletion.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 May 2016, 8:38 pm

Kessel89 wrote:Yeah that's possible, although dangerous would seem to fit Kylo more than Adam.

It's really not that big a deal though either way. It's just fun to speculate about its deletion.
@Kessel89

It's weird to describe an actor as dangerous, especially an actual cinnamon roll like Adam Razz, but makes perfect sense for Kylo. This is why it still makes me think Mark had answered as though he were describing the character instead of the person playing him. Then he realized what he did and deleted/changed the meaning of the tweet. He didn't fix the misspelling but left out the word entirely which is interesting to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 May 2016, 8:45 pm

The Star Wars official Twitter account just tweeted this about The Balance of The Force which may be of interest as it is something we've discussed in relation to Rey and Kylo. http://www.starwars.com/news/the-playlist-the-balance-of-the-force?cmp=smc|471121646&linkId=24570987

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 16 May 2016, 8:55 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:Yeah that's possible, although dangerous would seem to fit Kylo more than Adam.

@Kessel89

It's weird to describe an actor as dangerous, especially an actual cinnamon roll like Adam Razz, but makes perfect sense for Kylo. This is why it still makes me think Mark had answered as though he were describing the character instead of the person playing him. Then he realized what he did and deleted/changed the meaning of the tweet. He didn't fix the misspelling but left out the word entirely which is interesting to me.
@WhatGirl

As someone who sometimes works on top secret projects at my company, IMO, Mark's actions come across as someone being cautious. If he were super-concerned, he probably would have just deleted the whole thing. If the word choice was of no consequence, he would have just re-tweeted with corrected spelling.

"Dangerous Dreamboat" is very much in line with "Naughty Nephew" and some of the other things that Mark has tweeted re: Kylo. Perhaps, upon reading over his tweet, he decided that maybe he had gone slightly too far and decided to re-word when he fixed the tweet.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 May 2016, 9:07 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:

@Kessel89

@WhatGirl

As someone who sometimes works on top secret projects at my company, IMO, Mark's actions come across as someone being cautious. If he were super-concerned, he probably would have just deleted the whole thing. If the word choice was of no consequence, he would have just re-tweeted with corrected spelling.

"Dangerous Dreamboat" is very much in line with "Naughty Nephew" and some of the other things that Mark has tweeted re: Kylo. Perhaps, upon reading over his tweet, he decided that maybe he had gone slightly too far and decided to re-word when he fixed the tweet.
@ISeeAnIsland

But he did delete the whole thing. Razz He didn't write a new tweet to replace it until someone asked him why the first one was deleted.

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 16 May 2016, 9:12 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:

@Kessel89

@WhatGirl

@ISeeAnIsland

But he did delete the whole thing. Razz He didn't write a new tweet to replace it until someone asked him why the first one was deleted.
@WhatGirl

That's a good point. It's a good thing that screen caps are forever! Evil
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 16 May 2016, 9:13 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:

@Kessel89

@WhatGirl

@ISeeAnIsland

I'm in the camp that he deleted it because it pointed too much in the right direction.

As far as Boyega's comments, I don't really have any issue - he is stating what most of us already knew. There's no romantic tension between Rey and Finn. They're friends. Finn is a former stormtrooper trying to figure out his role in his new world. A person like that wouldn't have time for romance.

I do think that this was planned by the higher ups. It has more punch coming from Boyega than any other actor in TFA. Let's be honest, it may have come across as a bit odd had this info come from Daisy...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Mon 16 May 2016, 9:48 pm

I really feel like they are allowing the actors, directors and others involved to slowly debunk Rey Skywalker, Finn and Rey romance and pointing out that things are not what they seem between Ben and his family.  Yes, the heroes screwed up or not even that....things happen in life.  Life is very messy even with heroes.  I am sure they are surprised so many of the general audience and hardcore fans still believe that Rey is a Skywalker. So now they are slowly and quietly debunking things for people.  Well, for the hardcore fans.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Mon 16 May 2016, 10:09 pm

vaderito wrote:OK, tradition strikes - Skywalker shirtless-ness is a must in the second movie of the trilogy:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 2 - Page 39 Latest?cb=20080123023106

So, Kylo's next.  Twisted Evil
@vaderito

Yes, hopefully minus the diaper.

EchoBase wrote:There he is: the dangerous dreamboat, the walking temptation, the naughty nephew Very Happy

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 2 - Page 39 Bildsc11
@EchoBase

Your description, though.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 2 - Page 39 CcMg8
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 17 May 2016, 1:27 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:

@Kessel89

@WhatGirl

@ISeeAnIsland

@WhatGirl

That's a good point. It's a good thing that screen caps are forever! Evil
@ISeeAnIsland

Yes, uncle Luke we have a strong evidence of you being mesmerized by your hot nephew s hair.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Tue 17 May 2016, 1:45 am

Rogue Rey wrote:
EchoBase wrote:
Rogue Rey wrote:It was a spelling error - the tweet has returned with different words

He also has hair envy!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

#DreamyAdamDrivers (<- Mark's new hashtag) luxurious flowing locks!

#Markshairenvy
@Rogue Rey

Hehe, so he isn't a dreamboat anymore? Razz
@EchoBase

From Dangerous Dreamboat to Dreamy. Laughing

I think Mark has a teeny weeny crush on Mr Driver. In an acting sense of course IYF #Marksmancrush
@Rogue Rey

Well, I also remember him responding to a tweet about Daisy Ridley being sick to her stomach when they were filming on Skellig Michael with the hashtag phrase "Hurling Hottie," so I think he just has fun with A) alliteration, B) complimenting his co-workers, and C) just everything, really. He's awesome. Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 17 May 2016, 10:53 am

Mark Hamill should give life coaching lessons. I'd line up for these. His optimism and good nature are just amazing. I wish I were more like that. I am more the brooding type.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 17 May 2016, 11:24 am

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 2 - Page 39 JgTiYG1

Something that I think the other forums would also be interested in seeing if Tweets had not been declared non-evidence yesterday.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 May 2016, 12:29 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Something that I think the other forums would also be interested in seeing if Tweets had not been declared non-evidence yesterday.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I'm so incredibly unsurprised that they would do that. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Tue 17 May 2016, 12:52 pm

From an academic standpoint, they're declaring a primary source as inappropriate reference material. LMAO. They are making fools of themselves.

EDIT: I wonder if this ever happened in the Harry Potter fandom.
"JK Rowling said Harry and Hermone were always just supposed to be friends."
"JK Rowling's Tweets are not canon."

It's laughable.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 17 May 2016, 2:32 pm

I don't understand people who stubbornly hold onto headcanon that was debunked 1000 times over. I mean, we had perfectly plausible headcanon that JW blew with his comment and we let go of it immediately. No point of throwing stones. Just move on. But I guess they have nothing else to hold onto hence trying to deny anything that doesn't support their fantasy.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Tue 17 May 2016, 2:57 pm

SanghaRen wrote:Mark Hamill should give life coaching lessons. I'd line up for these. His optimism and good nature are just amazing. I wish I were more like that. I am more the brooding type.
@SanghaRen

I agree about Mark. He is awesome. He seems so friendly and loves interacting with people. You can tell he's truly enjoying himself with all this SW stuff too.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next