Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

+64
DeeBee
Let The Past Die
AhsokaTano
Lucina
californiagirl
12 Parsnips
Man Without A Star
rawpowah
EchoBase
giaciak2
special_cases
SanghaRen
Dar-ren19
Rei of Sunshine
ZioRen
KnightsofReylo_2015
Starliteprism
Night Huntress
Teo oswald
MyOnlyHope
BB-Rey
rey09
MrsWindu
SheLitAFire
Geralt_Riv
Marchtwin
ReyofLightSide
Helix
Mana
Cowgirlsamurai
Blood Moon
Kylo Rey
Xylo Ren
spacebaby45678
Armadeus
Darth Dingbat
Kylo Men
BenRey
MeadowofAshes
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
Moonlight13
Piper Maru
SkyStar
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
Darth_Awakened
Maria26
CienaRee
IoJovi
BastilaBey
vaderito
snufkin
FrolickingFizzgig
MoonlitMoss
AceofWands
Reylo Lemon
guardienne
panki
Darth Dementor
Kylo Ren
Search Your Feelings
Saracene
Kessel
68 posters

Page 4 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next

Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 4 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by panki Fri 18 Nov 2016, 8:02 pm

Are we even sure that she is playing Han's LI? For all we know, she might just be another scoundrel helping Han with some scam? The EU novel Scoundrels was about Han pulling off a scam and he had more than one female associate....this could be something as simple as that.....or what about her possibly being Lando's LI?

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 4 Star_Wars_-_Scoundrels

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 4 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by Irina de France Fri 18 Nov 2016, 8:04 pm

I think what annoys me the most is that we might get yet another Rey Solo theory (even if Daisy debunked Rey being Han's daughter and that it would make absolutely no sense with the timeline whatsoever), but yeah. Emilia Clarke could be seriously playing anyone.

I'm still hoping for Sana Starros, though.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Fri 18 Nov 2016, 8:05 pm

panki wrote:Are we even sure that she is playing Han's LI? For all we know, she might just be another scoundrel helping Han with some scam? The EU novel Scoundrels was about Han pulling off a scam and he had more than one female associate....this could be something as simple as that.....or what about her possibly being Lando's LI?

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 4 Star_Wars_-_Scoundrels
@panki

It would actually be great if there is more than one female character in the movie so I hope Emilia's just the first they announced.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Fri 18 Nov 2016, 11:48 pm

Ehh, not a fan of Emilia Clarke at all based on what I've seen; I find her terribly stiff and wooden on GoT. Maybe it's a different role to Daenerys and she will surprise.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 19 Nov 2016, 2:03 am

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:Hopefully Emilia is great in whatever the role is, but I'm a little disappointed because I thought this role was going to be a woman of color. A while back, there were reports that Tessa Thompson, Zoe Kravitz and Naomi Scott had all tested - and they were the only names mentioned at the time.
@BastilaBey

I agree but hey, we still don't know who she's playing. For all we know she could be playing a villain, or perhaps it's nothing more than a glorified cameo (see Max Von Sydow and Gwendoline Christie - perhaps LF aims to get all the major GOT actors for cameos in their SW movies Wink) Time will tell, but like you I hope they cast a WOC as the main heroine for the Han Solo spin-off.
@AppleCrumble122

Colour me disappointed as well. I was really hoping we'd see the backstory between Han and Sana Starros in this. Like @Irina de France, I have nothing against white brunettes, being one myself, but I've got to say Lucasfilm's obsession with white brunettes is getting a tad embarrassing...

I'm still hoping there might be two important female roles, but the reports say she "rounds off" the cast and make it sound like Ehrenreich, Glover and Clarke are the trio of main characters.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 19 Nov 2016, 2:21 am

Now, that's surprise.
And very interesting.
And I agree - she can play anyone in the movie. Not only Han's LI.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 19 Nov 2016, 6:48 am

I'm still baffled by this news, tbh. With the mention of actresses like Tessa Thompson, Zoe Kravitz and Kiersey Clemons, I was so sure we'd be seeing Sana Starros in the film and I was excited about that...

Oh well.

ETA: I mean, she'd be the perfect character to bring from comics to the screen, you know? She's a great character AND we know she has a history with Han.

Baffled, I am.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sat 19 Nov 2016, 7:01 am

I'm starting to think white brunettes are the most common type of female humans in the GFFA...

I feel kind of "meh" about the casting choice tbh, but not because it's a white brunette. Emilia Clarke is okay, but there are other actresses I think would have been better choices, as far as acting goes.  She also looks a fair bit like Felicity Jones. Lol.  

With that said, we don't know who she's playing yet so I'm going to try to not judge too much, until we see it.

Btw- I would also really like to see Sana Starros in the Han Solo movie. She's a unique character and based on what has been depicted in the new comics, I think seeing her and Han banter/play off each other would be entertaining. Maybe there's still hope that Sana will be in it, even if she's not a main character? After all, Han, Lando and whoever Emilia Clarke is playing are not going to be the only characters in the movie, right?
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sat 19 Nov 2016, 10:29 am

I agree with everyone here, I would've loved to see a new unique face and nationality represented. But if she has to be in the movie, I really hope she's an alien or they change her hair color.

I'm a brunette, and love the representation of brown-haired heroines, but I actually feel bad for the other hair colors, lol. Usually blondes and red-heads are presented in roles that make it hard to take them seriously. It'd be cool for Star Wars to break that mould and have a red/blonde haired girl shown as smart, brave, and deep, rather than the overly-sexualized floozies usually associated with women in these hair colors.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 19 Nov 2016, 10:57 am

That's a good point, @Xylo Ren - she might end up being a Pantoran or a Twi'lek or anything else. In fact, I hope she does. An alien lead character would be great. (Not as great as Sana Starros, but still. I'm still hoping Sana might be in the film after all...)
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Sat 19 Nov 2016, 11:23 am

It's deffinatly frustrating how it appears that LF choose to play it safe than cast a POC actress in a lead role and I deffinatly understand the cricyisim from fans.But honestly the representation of female characters in SW has been really bad.Besides Leia(who was more of a supporting character and later a love interest)the only other female character until Rey was Padme and they ended up treating her character so poorly so I would rather have no POC actress than one who plays a character who's basically Leia 2.0 or is just relegated to being a love interest to either Han or Lando.What's ironic is that we're getting more multi dimensional women in the SW novels than the movies themselves so I really hope that changes because it's embarrassing ,IMO.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Nov 2016, 12:12 pm

I agree with everyone here and the main brunette heroine is getting a little old and annoying now for me personally. If Emilia Clarke (nothing against her btw) is playing the role of the main heroine and Han's LI instead of the other actresses that where considered, then it's a shame and a wasted opportunity especially considering that LF has already done so much with casting a Black man and an Asian woman as two of their major characters in the ST, having many characters of different ethics in the background on both sides and most of the Rogue One main cast are POC. Still until told otherwise I'm holding out hope that Clarke is playing another character, I'd love it if she's a queen of an criminal underworld and uses Han on his first smuggling run.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sat 19 Nov 2016, 12:19 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:I agree with everyone here and the main brunette heroine is getting a little old and annoying now for me personally. If Emilia Clarke (nothing against her btw) is playing the role of the main heroine and Han's LI instead of the other actresses that where considered, then it's a shame and a wasted opportunity especially considering that LF has already done so much with casting a Black man and an Asian woman as two of their major characters in the ST, having many characters of different ethics in the background on both sides and most of the Rogue One main cast are POC. Still until told otherwise I'm holding out hope that Clarke is playing another character, I'd love it if she's a queen of an criminal underworld and uses Han on his first smuggling run.
@AppleCrumble122

Emilia Clarke would be interesting as a villain, to be honest. Well, I've seen her in other things than GoT, so I don't dislike her as an actress (even though I can see why other people would just by her work in GoT). But I don't see the point of giving Han *another* love interest after having Sana Starros and most especially Leia.

But again, nothing has been confirmed yet. Emilia might not be Han's LI, but Lando's. Who knows.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria26 Sat 19 Nov 2016, 1:46 pm

Saracene wrote:Ehh, not a fan of Emilia Clarke at all based on what I've seen; I find her terribly stiff and wooden on GoT. Maybe it's a different role to Daenerys and she will surprise.
@Saracene

What's terrible is to see people complaining about her acting on GOT when she's just perfect. She has to stiff and wooden. She has to be emotionless most of the time. That's because of what the character has been through. People just don't want to get that. I, for one, love her on GOT.

Also, she was MAGNIFICENT in "Me Before You". She played Louisa Clark with so many layers. She nailed it.

She did great on "Terminator" considering how s*** the scenario was. Emilia was praised for it.

I have no doubt in my mind that she'll do an amazing job on the Han Solo movie as well.

Why is it so hard to believe that Emilia was best suited for the role rather than Tessa Thompson or Zoe Kravitz? That's probably why they decided to go for her.
Maria26
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Sat 19 Nov 2016, 2:18 pm

Oh well, I wasn't really super excited about the Han Solo movie to begin with...
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sat 19 Nov 2016, 2:25 pm

Maria26 wrote:
Saracene wrote:Ehh, not a fan of Emilia Clarke at all based on what I've seen; I find her terribly stiff and wooden on GoT. Maybe it's a different role to Daenerys and she will surprise.
@Saracene

What's terrible is to see people complaining about her acting on GOT when she's just perfect. She has to stiff and wooden. She has to be emotionless most of the time. That's because of what the character has been through. People just don't want to get that. I, for one, love her on GOT.
@Maria26

I agree about the point you made on Daenerys: Dany is meant to be emotionless and aloof, so Emilia Clarke is basically doing her job, if I can say it that way. I have a friend who saw her in the 2013 Broadway production of Breakfast at Tiffany's, though, and she told me she was very good.

But yeah, before passing judgement on Clarke and LF's casting skills, I'll wait and see, and complain or praise after.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Sat 19 Nov 2016, 2:25 pm

I also get the feeling that they'd always had Emilia Clarke in mind and they knew what they wanted...the rumours of the other auditions were probably all just for show.
I honestly don't think it should've taken them this long to announce the female lead unless they were determined to cast someone newer and fresher, but maybe they were nervous about the reception?...
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Nov 2016, 2:39 pm

Irina de France wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:I agree with everyone here and the main brunette heroine is getting a little old and annoying now for me personally. If Emilia Clarke (nothing against her btw) is playing the role of the main heroine and Han's LI instead of the other actresses that where considered, then it's a shame and a wasted opportunity especially considering that LF has already done so much with casting a Black man and an Asian woman as two of their major characters in the ST, having many characters of different ethics in the background on both sides and most of the Rogue One main cast are POC. Still until told otherwise I'm holding out hope that Clarke is playing another character, I'd love it if she's a queen of an criminal underworld and uses Han on his first smuggling run.
@AppleCrumble122

Emilia Clarke would be interesting as a villain, to be honest. Well, I've seen her in other things than GoT, so I don't dislike her as an actress (even though I can see why other people would just by her work in GoT). But I don't see the point of giving Han *another* love interest after having Sana Starros and most especially Leia.

But again, nothing has been confirmed yet. Emilia might not be Han's LI, but Lando's. Who knows.
@Irina de France

Seriously I would freakin' love seeing Emilia as the villain! Or one of them at least since I imagine there's a big chance Jabba might be in the film. I think it's unlikely that she's Lando's LI but who knows. He had a wife in the EU called Tendra Risant so they could be incorporating her into canon.

Tendra Risant:

As for Han having an LI, I'm not surprised nor am I against the idea, I actually think it makes sense. It was hinted that he was a bit of a womaniser early on and there was that deleted scene in ANH that showed him with a girlfriend before Chewbacca brought Luke and Obi-Wan to his table. Personally I think if this LI is an entirely new character, she might be a first love and for whatever reason, makes him go down his womanizing path until Leia enters his life, or they just might hint at an attraction but nothing ever comes of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Sat 19 Nov 2016, 5:03 pm

This is a pretty disappointing casting considering the other options. White Brunettes don't have to be a SW thing, Lucasfilm. We can survive a film without one as the leading lady. We promise.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sat 19 Nov 2016, 5:43 pm

Irina de France wrote:
Maria26 wrote:
@Saracene

@Maria26

I agree about the point you made on Daenerys: Dany is meant to be emotionless and aloof, so Emilia Clarke is basically doing her job, if I can say it that way. I have a friend who saw her in the 2013 Broadway production of Breakfast at Tiffany's, though, and she told me she was very good.

But yeah, before passing judgement on Clarke and LF's casting skills, I'll wait and see, and complain or praise after.
@Irina de France

I've seen plenty of onscreen characters who are emotionless and aloof and are done well, I just don't think Daenerys is one of them. To me, the key to portraying a character like this is in conveying that, beneath the aloof exterior, there's some inner life going on. With Daenerys I'm getting nothing other than blankness, and part of the problem IMO is that Clarke is just not nuanced enough as an actress.

But like I said, maybe her role in this prequel is something completely different and she'll do well.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 20 Nov 2016, 11:39 am

I also think the clone casting could be more from LF side than Disney

Disney has been pretty diverse recently. Before Belle all of the princesses were blonde. Then they started adding in Mulan, Pocahontas, and Tiana. Now Moana.

If you look at Disney Channel, most of their shows feature poc, so I wonder if the clone casting is a push from LF, not Disney.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 21 Nov 2016, 10:26 am

I'm still hoping Emilia Clarke turns out to be Lando's love interest (I know he married Tendra in legends but they are changing things up in canon all the time) for a very diabolical reason....Other than the fact that I have been a fan of Donald Glover since I saw him on Community, I think it would be hilarious to see people try and make an argument for her to be Rey's mother and a Skywalker...it would completely undermine the "progressive" argument they keep throwing in our face....I'd like a few hypocrites to get exposed.  Twisted Evil

Also, I remember an old discussion about how seeing Han have another girlfriend on screen would undermine his romance with Leia....at the time I didn't agree...but now I think it is a good point....the OT is sacred.....every other story is adjusted to ensure that its importance remains....so maybe in this case, Lando will have the love interest and Han will just be a flamboyant playboy type not attached to any one girl....it will be a bit like the movie - The Man from U..N.C.L.E where Napoleon Solo is the male lead but has no actual romantic interest (just flings)....but the other male lead Ilya Kuryakin has the female lead Gaby Teller as his LI.

I would absolutely love the Han Solo movie to be a space version of this...

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 4 Blogger-image-1664190154

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 21 Nov 2016, 6:14 pm

panki wrote:I'm still hoping Emilia Clarke turns out to be Lando's love interest (I know he married Tendra in legends but they are changing things up in canon all the time) for a very diabolical reason....Other than the fact that I have been a fan of Donald Glover since I saw him on Community, I think it would be hilarious to see people try and make an argument for her to be Rey's mother and a Skywalker...it would completely undermine the "progressive" argument they keep throwing in our face....I'd like a few hypocrites to get exposed.  Twisted Evil

Also, I remember an old discussion about how seeing Han have another girlfriend on screen would undermine his romance with Leia....at the time I didn't agree...but now I think it is a good point....the OT is sacred.....every other story is adjusted to ensure that its importance remains....so maybe in this case, Lando will have the love interest and Han will just be a flamboyant playboy type not attached to any one girl....it will be a bit like the movie - The Man from U..N.C.L.E where Napoleon Solo is the male lead but has no actual romantic interest (just flings)....but the other male lead Ilya Kuryakin has the female lead Gaby Teller as his LI.

I would absolutely love the Han Solo movie to be a space version of this...

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 4 Blogger-image-1664190154
@panki

ITA OT is sacred, I don't want to see young Han have hot chemistry with Emilia's character....ugh Twisted Evil
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 25 Nov 2016, 5:10 pm

Rebel grrrl and ntip have both said that Variety's article was inaccurate, and that the part Emilia is cast for is not the same as the one that Tessa Thompson and others have been linked with.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Nov 2016, 5:11 pm

BastilaBey wrote:Rebel grrrl and ntip have both said that Variety's article was inaccurate, and that the part Emilia is cast for is not the same as the one that Tessa Thompson and others have been linked with.
@BastilaBey

Knew it! I'm happy with this news! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next