Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rey's Vision

+34
Kyla Ren
Geralt_Riv
Saracene
hrivulja
ZioRen
jakkusun
Darth_Awakened
ViviF
spacebaby45678
Jakku
snufkin
SoloSideCousin
EchoBase
Darth Rowan
FrolickingFizzgig
MyOnlyHope
creepi0
Rimfaxe96
Camaro
Rogue Rey
Little_Boots
Reylo Lemon
CienaRee
Queen Rey
panki
Darth Dementor
Darth Dingbat
Kessel
ISeeAnIsland
Mana
MoonFyre
AnneNeville
vaderito
Sylvia Snow
38 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Rey's Vision Empty Rey's Vision

Post by Queen Rey Sun 27 Mar 2016, 3:07 am

I really loved Rey's vision in the movie. So, I would love to hear your theories about it. Very Happy

As for me, I think it's very important that we see Kylo Ren twice in the vision. We hear Obi Wan say "Rey" and "These are your first steps". Also the conversation Rey has with Maz after the vision is in my opinion very telling. For me, this is the prove she is NOT a Skywalker. Or a Solo.

What do you all think? Can we post the vision already?
Queen Rey
Queen Rey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Rey's Vision Empty Re: Rey's Vision

Post by Sylvia Snow Sun 27 Mar 2016, 3:11 am

Yes, Yes, Obi Wan said that to her when she MEET with Kylo in vision, it must be some kind of hints and in the chasing scene, a whisper can be heard saying her name moment after Kylo make his presence be known to her. There must be some connection
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Rey Sun 27 Mar 2016, 3:14 am

I thought I heard somebody say something after the part with the Knights of Ren, when Rey is lying in the rain? I can't figure out what though. Is this just my imagianation or is there really something said?

I've read somewhere that Yoda's voice is also in the vision?
Queen Rey
Queen Rey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 27 Mar 2016, 7:23 am

I don't have good ear for sounds but I have pretty good eye and HD helped. So I was mostly focused on Reylo scenes. Vision!Kylo definitely breaks the fourth wall, the only vision character to do that. Which is why I think he knows Rey from his own vision. I think that "That saber. It belongs to me" means that Anakin saber belongs to Kylo, is his. So if he had it in his hand, he could have a vision himself that included the girl. At least their showdown on SKB could have been in his vision like it was in hers.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Sun 27 Mar 2016, 7:35 am

I theorized on the LST thread that the trunk with the saber and belongings in it (which I examined in freeze frame) actually belonged to Ben Solo. Packed up post slaughter and saved by Maz.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonFyre Sun 27 Mar 2016, 8:16 am

Queen Rey wrote:I thought I heard somebody say something after the part with the Knights of Ren, when Rey is lying in the rain? I can't figure out what though. Is this just my imagianation or is there really something said?

I've read somewhere that Yoda's voice is also in the vision?

Are you referring to the Force Vision with the Japanese subtitles? The dialogue is not in the script and I'm not exactly sure if it's from Yoda. But it is very interesting… it's like a foreshadowing.

"This energy binds the universe. It'll pull you in to the Dark side!"
MoonFyre
MoonFyre
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Rey Sun 27 Mar 2016, 10:20 am

I can't remember exactly where I read it. I thought it was on JCF.
Queen Rey
Queen Rey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Sun 27 Mar 2016, 10:28 am

I think the forceback was supposed to parallel Rey and Kylo's stories. It was supposed to show Ben Solo being left with Luke while they watched the Millenium Falcon fly away, and then we also see Rey's abandonment, and then Ben's fall to the dark side, and the things that came with that. They cut a lot of stuff out of it I believe. And at the end of the forceback we see a vision of the future with Kylo. I think it was supposed to tell Rey the story of Ben Solo, because its important to her journey. Kylo is her big test....
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 27 Mar 2016, 11:31 am

Sith, Mana, that's a great take! Since I believe that Kylo had a vision when he touched the saber, that included Rey, abandonment was from Ben's POV, watching MF fly away. No wonder that was included in Tatooine Trials.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Rey's Vision Empty Theme of the Forceback?

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 27 Mar 2016, 12:52 pm

So, some of this might be a bit of a stretch, but I spent way too much time thinking about the Forceback last night while trying to get to sleep, and I had an idea.

I'm wondering if the uniting theme of the Forceback (in most cases) might be instances where the lightsaber changed hands? Running down the list of images in the vision, this is what I came up with:

1. Bespin hallway: Luke loses hand/lightsaber

2. Luke's hand touching R2D2: If we presume that this is immediately following the incident at Luke's Jedi training thing, perhaps this is where Ben Solo becomes Kylo Ren? So, a change in ownership by a name change? (Yes, this is bit of a stretch, I realize).

3. Kylo stabs guy, appears to save Rey (or someone else)?, appears to have lightsaber on his belt: What if this is a future vision, where Kylo fought Rey, reclaimed the lightsaber, but ultimately ended up saving her from a KOR? (Could apply to Luke, too.)

4. Knights of Ren in the rain: Field of bodies/rocks...  Is this possibly where Maz and her gang stole the lightsaber from the KOR?

5. Kylo/Rey snowflight: The lightsaber goes to Rey when called.

6. Unkar Plutt/little girl Rey:  Okay this one doesn't fit in with this scene, but we also know that it was added in at the last minute.

Thoughts? I know that some of these are a bit of a stretch and speculation, but it would also make the images seem a lot less random.  Granted, one hole in this is that we didn't see anything pre-Bespin, as far as the history of the saber goes.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 27 Mar 2016, 2:50 pm

Starwarsnews.net obtained a breakdown of the audio in the force back vision from someone at another website who analyzed it.  

The analyzed audio is below. A lot of Obi-Wan dialogue. I don't remember hearing a lot of it...interesting. I'm still mulling over its possible meanings.

00:08] Yoda: It’s energy… – original scene.
[00:14] Yoda: …surrounds us… and binds us. – original scene.
[00:14] Luke: No! No! – original scene.
[00:21] Obi-Wan: You will be tempted… – original scene.
[00:23] Obi-Wan: But you cannot control it. – original scene.
[00:25] Yoda again “surrounds us…“
[00:25] Obi-Wan: The Force will be… – original scene.
[00:35] Bib-Fortuna (I think): He’s no Jedi.
[00:38] Obi-Wan: You will do it… – original scene.
[00:48] Obi-Wan: Rey… – original scene.
[00:53] Obi-Wan: These are your first steps.

Last edited by Kessel89 on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Rey Sun 27 Mar 2016, 3:01 pm

Mana wrote:I think the forceback was supposed to parallel Rey and Kylo's stories. It was supposed to show Ben Solo being left with Luke while they watched the Millenium Falcon fly away, and then we also see Rey's abandonment, and then Ben's fall to the dark side, and the things that came with that. They cut a lot of stuff out of it I believe. And at the end of the forceback we see a vision of the future with Kylo. I think it was supposed to tell Rey the story of Ben Solo, because its important to her journey. Kylo is her big test....

So you mean the parallel is through their shared force connection?
Queen Rey
Queen Rey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Rey Sun 27 Mar 2016, 3:07 pm

Kessel89 wrote:Starwarsnews.net obtained a breakdown of the audio in the force back vision from someone at another website who analyzed it.  

http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/03/reys-visions-maz-kanatas-castle-audio-analyzed.html

The analyzed audio is below. A lot of Obi-Wan dialogue. I don't remember hearing a lot of it...interesting. I'm still mulling over its possible meanings.

Wow...I didn't hear a lot of this either. Interesting. I'm going to watch the vision very closely Laughing
Queen Rey
Queen Rey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sun 27 Mar 2016, 3:18 pm

Kessel89 wrote:Starwarsnews.net obtained a breakdown of the audio in the force back vision from someone at another website who analyzed it.  

http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/03/reys-visions-maz-kanatas-castle-audio-analyzed.html

Very interesting. I think it says "you will be tempted" as Ren kills the guy, and "he's no Jedi" when he walks towards Rey. Whatever that means Razz
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Rey Sun 27 Mar 2016, 3:26 pm

Or will she be tempted to the dark side?
Queen Rey
Queen Rey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonFyre Sun 27 Mar 2016, 6:35 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the film makers said that Episode 8 will flirt with the dark side... maybe it's Rey.
MoonFyre
MoonFyre
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sun 27 Mar 2016, 6:40 pm

Queen Rey wrote:Or will she be tempted to the dark side?

Oh yes, it's likely about her, of course. I just meant that "you will be tempted" is heard as the killing happens, and then presumably "but you cannot control it" (though I can't hear that). Then Yoda's "surrounds us" as Rey looks at the Knights of Ren, and then a roar and vaguely "he's no Jedi" as Ren walks towards him.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 27 Mar 2016, 6:43 pm

Apparently the person who isolated the audio indicated a lot of it's from original audio from the OT.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sun 27 Mar 2016, 9:48 pm

After rewatching it I'm on the idea it parallels Luke and Kylo/Ben. Both will play a role in her Jedi training (in Kylo's case he already has).

Bisping Corridor is a moment that impacts both Luke and Ben. Luke finds out who his father is and Ben will know who his grandfather was. Vader of course is who Ben idolizes more than anyone and is the only person he feels understands him.

The next vision is Luke shutting down R2D2. I'm under the impression it was also a past event. When Rey finally meets Luke R2 is reactivated and I do not see him getting turned off again. I'm willing to bet it's the event that sent Luke into exile.

The last part that we know for sure happened before the movie was Rey's abandonment on Jakku. Those three acts are what set Luke and Rey to become teacher and padawan.

The rain sequence is a bit murky, because I cannot tell a hundred percent if it is in the future? I belive it is, because Kylo's other part in the vision was in the future. Kylo is who lies ahead for Rey so it would be fitting that his presence are all future interactions. The fact that he is the only one who interacts with her in the entire vision, each time he's in it, only strengthens that theory(as he's never met her in person before).

If I had to guess Luke will be Rey's first proper teacher, showing her how to use the Force without tapping into the Darkside. Then when Ben is redeemed he and Rey will come together to help each other grow.

Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Rey Mon 28 Mar 2016, 2:57 am

Darth Dementor wrote:After rewatching it I'm on the idea it parallels Luke and Kylo/Ben.  Both will play a role in her Jedi training (in Kylo's case he already has).

Bisping Corridor is a moment that impacts both Luke and Ben.  Luke finds out who his father is and Ben will know who his grandfather was.   Vader of course is who Ben idolizes more than anyone and is the only person he feels understands him.

The next vision is Luke shutting down R2D2.  I'm under the impression it was also a past event.  When Rey finally meets Luke R2 is reactivated and I do not see him getting turned off again.  I'm willing to bet it's the event that sent Luke into exile.

The last part that we know for sure happened before the movie was Rey's abandonment on Jakku.  Those three acts are what set Luke and Rey to become teacher and padawan.

The rain sequence is a bit murky, because I cannot tell a hundred percent if it is in the future? I belive it is, because Kylo's other part in the vision was in the future.  Kylo is who lies ahead for Rey so it would be fitting that his presence are all future interactions.  The fact that he is the only one who interacts with her in the entire vision, each time he's in it, only strengthens that theory(as he's never met her in person before).  

If I had to guess Luke will be Rey's first proper teacher, showing her how to use the Force without tapping into the Darkside.  Then when Ben is redeemed he and Rey will come together to help each other grow.

I totally agree with your post.

The first thing you say is indeed when the connection with Vader starts for Luke, and therefore also for Ben.

The scene with R2D2 and the hand of Luke shutting him down: why is he shut down? Because he is carrying the missing piece of the map that leads to Luke? Why didn't he take R2D2 with him when he was leaving? And why is R2D2 reactivated when Rey arrives? So much questions haha....I still have the feeling I don't get it at all. And that while I've seen the movie five times now. scratch Laughing

The rain scene. I do believe this lies in the future. He sees her too in this part of the vision, so I think he is having force visions of Rey like she is having one of him. What you've also said, Kylo is the one that lies ahead for her. And if it was a scene from the past, where are the Knights of Ren in The Force Awakens? Do they already exist? Or are they belonging to the completion of the training of Kylo Ren by Snoke?

Queen Rey
Queen Rey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 30 Mar 2016, 4:08 am

Interesting news! The Jedi Center people cleaned the sound of Rey's force vision and Palpatine can be heard twice in Rey's force vision.... Shocked
This is a video with the dialogues and sounds inserted at each point they are heard.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Rey Wed 30 Mar 2016, 9:21 am

Wow!!! This is an amazing video!! Palpatine?? affraid And the breathing of Darth Vader. So many sounds I didn't hear watching the movie. What does it all mean?
Queen Rey
Queen Rey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Wed 30 Mar 2016, 10:13 am

The way it was shot it looks like Rey sees someone and starts running towards them at the beginning of the vision.I'm guessing she sees the boy but they choose not to show him.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 30 Mar 2016, 10:58 am

Oh god Palpy Very Happy I have to say that it's strongly creepy Shocked
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:30 am

Obi-Wan can also be heard saying "you will do it alone"
Which is what he said to Luke. "If you chose to face Vader, you will do it alone"
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next