Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rey's Vision

+34
Kyla Ren
Geralt_Riv
Saracene
hrivulja
ZioRen
jakkusun
Darth_Awakened
ViviF
spacebaby45678
Jakku
snufkin
SoloSideCousin
EchoBase
Darth Rowan
FrolickingFizzgig
MyOnlyHope
creepi0
Rimfaxe96
Camaro
Rogue Rey
Little_Boots
Reylo Lemon
CienaRee
Queen Rey
panki
Darth Dementor
Darth Dingbat
Kessel
ISeeAnIsland
Mana
MoonFyre
AnneNeville
vaderito
Sylvia Snow
38 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Rey's Vision - Page 8 Empty Re: Rey's Vision

Post by snufkin Mon 12 Sep 2016, 7:49 pm

Little_Boots wrote:

I do believe Obi-Wan is reaching out to Rey, he is the mentor figure with almost everyone. I guess

@Little_Boots

I love your icon! You know that Han would be Captain Haddock.

The whole Obi Wan appearance in her vision, Easter Egg detail of the same dialogue when she's climbing down the side of the runway area, and reveal (that genuinely surprised me more than anything) that Han had named his son after him are the details which have made me curious if there's a connection. There's definitely details being dropped, but hard to tell if it's anything definitive other than shout outs.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Mon 12 Sep 2016, 7:53 pm

snufkin wrote:
Little_Boots wrote:

I do believe Obi-Wan is reaching out to Rey, he is the mentor figure with almost everyone. I guess

@Little_Boots

I love your icon! You know that Han would be Captain Haddock.

The whole Obi Wan appearance in her vision, Easter Egg detail of the same dialogue when she's climbing down the side of the runway area, and reveal (that genuinely surprised me more than anything) that Han had named his son after him are the details which have made me curious if there's a connection. There's definitely details being dropped, but hard to tell if it's anything definitive other than shout outs.

@snufkin

Yea haha, thanks I love the Tintin comics and the film Smile

I did think the same as yourself in the early days but I am not so sure anymore about the theory of Rey Kenobi....but I wouldn't mind it at all!
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakku Tue 13 Sep 2016, 5:47 am

Gemini wrote:Kicking her up the backside I think.

It's weird as I said before, she gets 2 calls to adventure, bb8 and Finn are the first, then the greater destiny is revealed through a vision and is the second call to adventure ,she refuses both too!

It's not normal to have 2 like that.
@Gemini

Did she actually refuse three times? Third time when Kylo offered to teach her?

The trip to Luke at the end is the acceptance of the call, but you're right, the numbers are odd.
Jakku
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Tue 13 Sep 2016, 9:41 am

Jakku wrote:

It's weird as I said before, she gets 2 calls to adventure, bb8 and Finn are the first, then the greater destiny is revealed through a vision and is the second call to adventure ,she refuses both too!

@Gemini

Did she actually refuse three times? Third time when Kylo offered to teach her?

The trip to Luke at the end is the acceptance of the call, but you're right, the numbers are odd.
@Jakku

How about four times? If you include when Han offered her a job on the Falcon?
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 13 Sep 2016, 11:12 am

Little_Boots wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Little_Boots wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Little_Boots wrote:If I am being honest, when I first seen the vision scene, I thought it was massively over the top. Anakin had visions in dreams....
@Little_Boots

You know, first time watching, I needed the little girls room, so I waked out and missed the whole thing and came back right where it ended lmao

The pivotal moment, missed
Lol

@Gemini

I just said to myself when it happened, "wait, this never happened before? not like this? what is this all about? why is the saber behaving like this?"......It just raised so many questions with me. To me it made no sense at all.
I dunno about this relics showing visions idea, but I think that maybe Vaders helmet and Anakins saber gave the visions.
Two objects belonging to Vader.
@Little_Boots

It's a new thing to this trilogy.

I think Vader is attached to the helmet "show me again grandfather the powers of the dark side"

I think obi wan and yoda are talking through anakins saber

And I think anakin is trying to reach out through obi wan's saber to his grand son, showing him rey
@Gemini

@Little_Boots

Obi Wan couldn't save Anakin - maybe he thinks Rey can save Kylo, Anakin's grandson.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 13 Sep 2016, 12:00 pm

Just wondering if the line at the end, "these are your first steps," means more than a callback to the original movie. Because who shows up the most and interacts the most with her in the vision? And who's the person who knocked loose whatever was holding back her Force Powers and let her pilfer (consciously or not) through his mind for additional tactic/tricks. Gotta wonder if the meaning is "your first steps are with this man." Because other than 2 brief appearances, it's not Luke. And we already know that Finn isn't going to be part of her journey either, because she doesn't have any visions of him at all.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 17 Sep 2016, 12:27 am

I'm pretty certain Finn and Rey's paths will diverge in ep. VIII,and regarding Luke....I'll never forget the odd look on Maz's face when she said someone could come back,and Rey mentioned Luke. It was almost an "if that's what you want to believe" kind of look."
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 27 Sep 2016, 1:20 pm

Could someone tell me where in the novel does rey hear "I'll come back sweetheart"? Is it in the vision?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 27 Sep 2016, 1:21 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:I'm pretty certain Finn and Rey's paths will diverge in ep. VIII,and regarding Luke....I'll never forget the odd  look on Maz's face when she said someone could come back,and Rey mentioned Luke. It was almost an "if that's what you want to believe" kind of look."
@motherofpearl1

Jakku wrote:

@Gemini

Did she actually refuse three times?  Third time when Kylo offered to teach her?

The trip to Luke at the end is the acceptance of the call, but you're right, the numbers are odd.h
@Jakku

Lol that's what I thought too, rey knew Maz meant kylo that's why she was like noooooo!

She's happy to help Luke although she kind of still wants to get back to Jakku, she's already accepted helping him with the first call to adventure I think I was wrong above.

The second one is about ren.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Tue 27 Sep 2016, 1:38 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:I'm pretty certain Finn and Rey's paths will diverge in ep. VIII,and regarding Luke....I'll never forget the odd  look on Maz's face when she said someone could come back,and Rey mentioned Luke. It was almost an "if that's what you want to believe" kind of look."
@motherofpearl1
When did Maz have that look? I'm watching that scene now. I see only her back when Rey mention Luke.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Tue 27 Sep 2016, 1:50 pm

Gemini wrote:Could someone tell me where in the novel does rey hear "I'll come back sweetheart"? Is it in the vision?
@Gemini

Yes, it's in her vision.  She hears a voice that says, "I'll come back sweetheart.  I promise."
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 27 Sep 2016, 2:17 pm

Kyla Ren wrote:
Gemini wrote:Could someone tell me where in the novel does rey hear "I'll come back sweetheart"? Is it in the vision?
@Gemini

Yes, it's in her vision.  She hears a voice that says, "I'll come back sweetheart.  I promise."
@Kyla Ren

When Pablo was asked about that line being the past or future, he said "neither"

What does that leave?

The present
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Tue 27 Sep 2016, 4:15 pm

Gemini wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
@Gemini

@Kyla Ren

When Pablo was asked about that line being the past or future, he said "neither"

What does that leave?

The present
@Gemini

Oh, did he say that?  I don't remember.  I find Rey's vision to be very confusing.  I'm really not sure what to think about any of it at this point.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 28 Sep 2016, 12:35 am

Geralt_Riv wrote:
@motherofpearl1
When did Maz have that look? I'm watching that scene now. I see only her back when Rey mention Luke.
@Geralt_Riv

It's the expression just after Rey says "Luke"...
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 28 Sep 2016, 1:20 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
Geralt_Riv wrote:
@motherofpearl1
@Geralt_Riv

It's the expression just after Rey says "Luke"...
@motherofpearl1

It is just like a "oh you poor child" look

And then you hear "it's Ben"

I'm assuming it's child ben saying that.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 28 Sep 2016, 2:22 am

There's something else I realised just recently.
Maz tells Rey the belonging she seeks is 'ahead'- yet she's already met Finn and Han.

So...it's someone she's yet to meet. Again,it could be Luke but I don't think so!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 28 Sep 2016, 9:32 am

In the adult novel, Maz also says "There is someone who can still come back, with your help." I noticed in the movie they decided to cut the 'with your help' part out.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 29 Sep 2016, 6:24 am

It's both Luke and Ben who need help methinks

Anakins saber is the key to them both getting on track

Rens face when rey force Pulls it and her using it to get Luke on the quest
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Thu 29 Sep 2016, 8:53 am

did we ever think that Rey's visions could just be dreams?
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 29 Sep 2016, 8:57 am

Possibly

Though the future scene in the Vision (snow fight) does unfold which would make them prophetic dreams

Someone said something interesting in response to my saber theory on tumblr

They said it is a timeline

Luke scene first (past), Ren murdering a clan for a possible saber second (past)and then snow scene is the future

So why does reys past scene rudely interrupt the timeline? Again I believe it's because Ren sees this. She's thrown into what he saw in his vision
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sun 12 Feb 2017, 9:45 pm

Ok I think this guy officially cracked the code of unifying themes in Rey's force vision...broken bonds and betrayal! As soon as he said it (around the 7 minute mark) it all became clear.

The first vision is the broken bond between a father and son.   And Vader of course tried to turn Luke so he could betray The Emperor.

The second is the broken bond between Luke and Ben.  The bond broken between a presumably close uncle and his nephew as well as teacher and pupil.  Kylo Ren betrayed Luke by destroying his academy and killing his students.

The third part he theorized was the clan leader in the rain sequence was an ally Kylo knew, who he literally stabbed in the back.  Specifically he believes the person in question was the original leader of The Knights of Ren, who KR killed to assume the mantle as the new guy in charge.  

The fourth part shows the broken bond between Rey and her family by dumping her on Jakku.  The betrayal of parent abandoning their child.

The SKB part he hit on some things but couldn't figure out how his discovered themes could apply.  What he was missing? The Force Bond between Rey & Kylo/Ben. When the last Solo killed Han, choosing the dark side, he temporally broke the bond between them leaving Rey heartbroken and feeling betrayed.

He also touches upon why Rey was left on Jakku; and provides further reasoning for why she isn't a Skywalker.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Mon 13 Feb 2017, 12:45 am

The video is interesting, but I think people spend too much time finding interpretations in scripts and forget simple and objective details.

The bond (or whatever) between Vader and Luke was never broken. At all. Yes, they fought each other, Luke hated him, but at the end of the day, Vader loved him and sacrificed himself for his son.

Kylo finding Rey in the snow, is not about a broken bond either. It's actually about their relationship being set on stone. Rey is pissed at him for killing Han Solo, but that didn't break their bond at all. If anything, her anger only intensified their connection. That scene is their first physical fight, it's when Kylo proposes and Rey taps the Force deliberately.

We can't know exactly about Luke/Ben, Kylo/The Clan Leader or Rey/Her family so I think it's worthless to analyze these scenes until we have the full picture because they can mean anything. The guy also forgot that in the novel Rey sees child!Ben with Snoke.

I also think they shoehorned child!Rey there to add more to her "Who Are My Parents?" mystery box and for people to remember that she's waiting for her family when Maz says "whoever you're waiting for on Jakku blablabla they're never coming back". Her parents abandoned her there, and they're not Luke. It really is that simple.

It's the same with the over-interpretation of "this lightsaber was Luke's, his father before him and now it calls to you". They needed this dialogue to explain to the audience that this specific lightsaber belonged to the Skywalkers and somehow Maz Kanata had it (we know she stole it from Kylo). When Rey opened that box, the general audience knew it was a saber, but they didn't go "OH IT'S LUKE'S SABER". Only fans who spent a lot of time watching the movies and reading visual guides knew this. They needed this fact explained for the plot to make sense, it doesn't mean that Rey is the next Skywalker. Lightsabers are not summoned due to blood, they're attracted to energy and power.

Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 13 Feb 2017, 1:41 am

I always think the sabre went to Rey because Kylo was losing concentration due to pain and blood loss - you actually see him trying to summon it and failing. A lot of 'Reywalkers' will claim Rey has a 'connection' to the sabre which is why she had visions when she touched it, but she's Force sensitive - it's a bit like a psychic handling an object and sensing things about its owner.

Regarding Kylo killing the 'clan leader'- it strikes me as interesting that he looked directly at Rey afterwards - it might have been at someone else of course, who eyes Rey was seeing it through....but I have a strong feeling that vision is of the future not the past.

motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8