Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rey's Vision

+34
Kyla Ren
Geralt_Riv
Saracene
hrivulja
ZioRen
jakkusun
Darth_Awakened
ViviF
spacebaby45678
Jakku
snufkin
SoloSideCousin
EchoBase
Darth Rowan
FrolickingFizzgig
MyOnlyHope
creepi0
Rimfaxe96
Camaro
Rogue Rey
Little_Boots
Reylo Lemon
CienaRee
Queen Rey
panki
Darth Dementor
Darth Dingbat
Kessel
ISeeAnIsland
Mana
MoonFyre
AnneNeville
vaderito
Sylvia Snow
38 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Rey's Vision - Page 6 Empty Re: Rey's Vision

Post by panki Sat 10 Sep 2016, 4:54 am

There are a few potential clans and candidates who might be salad bowl guy. Here is a set of salad bowls for reference: Razz

Rey's Vision - Page 6 Salad_bowls

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 10 Sep 2016, 5:04 am

panki wrote:There are a few potential clans and candidates who might be salad bowl guy. Here is a set of salad bowls for reference: Razz

@panki

Nice designs of all sorts of Salad Bowls lol
I recognize a certain Zuvio - and fact is that I do not know anything on that guy - except for the fact he was often mentioned by fanboys.
I do not think he has actually some connection to Rey s vision, but I am interested to know what was his connection to TFA?
Do you know something @panki ?
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 10 Sep 2016, 5:12 am

@Darth_Awakened The Luke scene has nothing to do with bowl I agree

@Panki

lol the top one looks like a ninja gone wrong where is that from?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 10 Sep 2016, 5:35 am

Btw think I was incorrect about Rey running from Vader in the film version of the vision. You hear the breathing but you see the corridor is empty on both ends. Just hear him breathe. No Vader walking though
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 10 Sep 2016, 6:52 am

Well, I'm not going to argue whether they're rocks or bodies. I know some of us think they're bodies, some don't, and I suppose it's like to-mah-to, to-may-to until we actually find out how it is Smile

Sylvia Snow wrote:@Darth Dingbat

Well, I have this idea of mine that maybe the Salad Bowl, bodies, Kylo and the KOR, all of them actually happened in a different location but it was super important like the event that started the whole thing and when Rey touch the saber, the Force connected to Kylo, put him, plus that event into the rain scene. Kylo could have been meditation or minding his own busses when suddenly he found himself revisiting the Salad Bowl incident but now in a different place and when he looks up he saw Rey. Because if the rain scene is on Ach-To, I think that scene or place is where somethings big may happens. And it could be a way of the Force to tell Rey that what ever will happen on that rainy night would ties in with Kylo and as for Kylo, it was a sigh to show that his path will crossed with her, that the girl he looking for is finally here.
@Sylvia Snow

I do understand that way of thinking; I really do. I just personally find it hard to imagine a simple way to convey to the audience that the rain scene was meant to represent two places and two times at the same time, so to speak. The vision scene raises the expectation that we're going to understand the context of it one day. We seem to be getting a flashback/Forceback that will explore the context of whatever happened to Luke's students. I assume it will be immediately obvious: as in, "oh, so now we're seeing more of that bit we saw in the vision". If the rain scene in the vision didn't actually happen in the rain on a planet that looks like Ahch-To, how are they going to explain that in a simple way? What I mean is... how are they going to explain that the set was Ahch-To (storm, terrain, tree, etc.) but that the scene didn't really happen on Ahch-To? All the other parts of the vision are simple to understand as soon as you get the context. That's why it would surprise me if they made the rain scene needlessly complicated.

If the rain scene is also from the past, I assume Salad Bowl wasn't a student and his death is from a different time period, so are we going to get another flashback to elucidate that scene as well? Is the slaying of the Salad Bowl otherwise crucial to the plot? If Salad Bowl is just some random dead guy from the past, is it worth exploring in another vision, does it move the current plot forward? (Also, if Kylo is going to be redeemed, is it worth seeing him kill yet another bunch of random people?) Or is that part of the vision never going to be revisited again? That's what I wonder about. I wonder how much meaning - how much significance - that part of the vision can possibly have, if it turns out it refers to some incident in the past. Because I doubt they're going to spend lots of time in Episode VIII showing various important and semi-important flashbacks.

Unless Salad Bowl isn't random, of course, and the scene turns out to be from Rey's village or something. But I think in that case we can kiss at least Reylo goodbye...

Lastly, I actually love the idea of Rey and Kylo both having visions of each other from lightsabers. I love the symmetry of it. But if that was meant to be the point and the focus of the rain scene, why did they cut the lightsaber out of the film?
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 10 Sep 2016, 11:39 am

@Darth Dingbat

Why cut it out? Because with some simple connecting of dots it becomes incredibly clear who she is. Like I said it's not removed/re- shot and edited out of his hands. It's hidden.

You can't see it because of the two shot choices they use, one wide establishing shot hiding fine details and the other a mid close up hiding his hands.

Imagine if it was not hidden in TFA,  people would realise he's getting a vision from a saber just like she is. It took me 8 months to realise what it meant and the significance of whatever he's holding possibly being linked to Rey.

they did a good job of throwing people off scent with 2 simple shot choices imo lol. They still are, people don't think it's important and think the saber is gone forever just because it's now hidden from view in TFA.

If it's a new random saber linked to Rey, there was no need to hide it. No one would know, but the saber he's holding is a very distinct saber. And it really looks like he's waiting for a vision when he picks it up/force pulls it up.

I think we will see what actually happened and the whole saber and vision of Rey from his point of view either in ep 8 or 9, them hiding it from frame is a wiser choice if they are going to show the whole thing later, that way the audience can't complain that it wasn't actually there in TFA, they just kept it out of frame.

The official info of the movie, the trivia section also state that they are dead bodies.

Rey's Vision - Page 6 Image11

Lots of official sources but I guess we won't know  for certain until next next Christmas...sigh so far away lol

Last edited by Gemini on Sat 10 Sep 2016, 12:15 pm; edited 7 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 10 Sep 2016, 11:59 am

Clan Vizsla stole a weapon known as the darksaber from the Jedi Temple.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian

Maybe the Mando's had stolen another Saber....
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 10 Sep 2016, 2:16 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
panki wrote:There are a few potential clans and candidates who might be salad bowl guy. Here is a set of salad bowls for reference: Razz

@panki

Nice designs of all sorts of Salad Bowls lol
I recognize a certain Zuvio - and fact is that I do not know anything on that guy - except for the fact he was often mentioned by fanboys.
I do not think he has actually some connection to Rey s vision, but I am interested to know what was his connection to TFA?
Do you know something @panki ?
@Darth_Awakened

You are right..... Zuvio and the other alien pictured below him (Embo) are an alien species called Kyuzo. They take up professions like farming, law enforcement and bounty hunting. The Ninja looking fellow (@Gemini described) is from the Rogue One trailer so he probably belongs to a force worshiping/force user group. And the lanky fellow on the left is a random gentleman in a shady bar from the Han Solo comics.

If I were to take a guess, I would say it is either a clan of bounty hunters who are trying to capture Rey in the future or force worshipers who had kept a force relic in the past (and the KOR killed them to acquire it).

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by hrivulja Sat 10 Sep 2016, 3:07 pm

Rey started to have visions of Kylo when she touched that lightsaber for the first time. What if Kylo has been having visions of Rey for years ever since he touched that lightsaber for the first time years ago? It would explain the “what girl”, and “the girl I’ve heard so much about” statments. He probably wasn’t completely sure if she was the girl from his visions right up to THIS moment. And then BAM!

Rey's Vision - Page 6 Tumblr12

SHE’S THE ONE…

She didn’t catch it ‘cause she’s a Skywalker. She caught it cause they share a Force bond. That’s why she was able to go into his mind, learn Jedi mind tricks and fight on SKB like a pro. She got it from HIM.

The lightsaber was the physical embodiment of the Force pulling them towards each other.
hrivulja
hrivulja
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 10 Sep 2016, 4:24 pm

hrivulja wrote:Rey started to have visions of Kylo when she touched that lightsaber for the first time. What if Kylo has been having visions of Rey for years ever since he touched that lightsaber for the first time years ago? It would explain the “what girl”, and “the girl I’ve heard so much about” statments. He probably wasn’t completely sure if she was the girl from his visions right up to THIS moment. And then BAM!

Rey's Vision - Page 6 Tumblr12

SHE’S THE ONE…

She didn’t catch it ‘cause she’s a Skywalker. She caught it cause they share a Force bond. That’s why she was able to go into his mind, learn Jedi mind tricks and fight on SKB like a pro. She got it from HIM.

The lightsaber was the physical embodiment of the Force pulling them towards each other.
@hrivulja

Yep!

I think he saw her do this in her scavenger mask in a vision he had of her when he touched the saber. The way it's set up with an establishing shot when she's holding the saber. It's like a stage set up, it lingers because this moment has happened before and he saw it but now he sees her unmasked. Imo
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:25 pm

Little_Boots wrote:@Gemini ok I get it now, still very hard to speculate on it though. I mean, it is a frustrating topic, because one can only guess what is going on.

Salad bowl is attacking someone that is for sure.
@Little_Boots

ITA

Im just trying to piece everything together and I get this:

Kylo ren relic hunting with KOR? (possibly)
Kylo Ren killing bowl (certainly)
Kylo ren killing an entire village of people here? (Sure according to Pablo)
Was the act heroic?( doesnt seem so, but thats my personal opinion on what he says there)
Kylo Ren has a saber in his hand after killing bowl?(yes in the trailer but in TFA we cant see his hands, and when we do the camera is too far away)
Kylo ren gets a vision through a saber he just killed them all for? (seems like it when you put the complete original scene in its complete order of events, it flows seamlessly)
Kylo Ren suddenly sees rey whilst holding this saber? (yes it seems so)
Does he see her as a small girl getting abandoned on a sand planet? (yes it seems so because Kylo yells WHAT GIRL when he learns that a girl from Jakku, a sand planet helped the droid and Finn)
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:29 pm

Gemini wrote:
Little_Boots wrote:@Gemini ok I get it now, still very hard to speculate on it though. I mean, it is a frustrating topic, because one can only guess what is going on.

@Little_Boots

ITA

Was the act heroic?( doesnt seem so, but thats my personal opinion on what he says there)
Kylo Ren has a saber in his hand after killing bowl?(yes in the trailer but in TFA we cant see his hands, and when we do the camera is too far away)
Kylo ren gets a vision through a saber he just killed them all for? (seems like it when you put the complete original scene in its complete order of events, it flows seamlessly)
Does he see her as a small girl getting abandoned on a sand planet? (yes it seems so because Kylo yells WHAT GIRL when he learns that a girl from Jakku, a sand planet helped the droid and Finn)
@Gemini

Do you think the saber is Obi-Wan's? I don't understand why they didn't put the saber in the film though scratch
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:35 pm

Little_Boots wrote:
Gemini wrote:

@Little_Boots

ITA

@Gemini

Do you think the saber is Obi-Wan's? I don't understand why they didn't put the saber in the film though scratch
@Little_Boots

because it tells you who she is. Like I said before it took me 8 months to realise what the hell was going on all because they hid the saber in the final version of the film. I have good visual recollection as a filmmaker, you have to see entire sequences play out in your head before you can even set a camera up to shoot. So each individual movement plays out in my head and then it hit me like a freaking ton of bricks after official star wars twitter asked "what we think Darth Vader did with Obi wan's lightsaber" Rey gets a vision of who is connected to Anakins saber and she witnesses Ren steal a saber and get a vision of her. I then played the scene out like this and its so clear to me:

Kylo kills clans man

Rey's Vision - Page 6 Tumblr_od6gqmtghE1spz1xao3_540

Kylo force pulls saber from the ground (possibly)

Rey's Vision - Page 6 Tumblr_od6gqmtghE1spz1xao1_540

Kylo ren stands and waits for something whilst holding saber Knights of ren gather round him to watch

Rey's Vision - Page 6 Tumblr_od6gqmtghE1spz1xao2_540

It happens! He gets a vision of Rey

Rey's Vision - Page 6 Tumblr_od6gqmtghE1spz1xao4_540

Rey's Vision - Page 6 Tumblr_od6gqmtghE1spz1xao5_540

Walks towards what he suddenly sees
Rey's Vision - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_oa697nBv8P1u4orvh_500

SOURCE kvlord
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:39 pm

Gemini wrote:
Little_Boots wrote:
Gemini wrote:

@Little_Boots

ITA

@Gemini

@Little_Boots

because it tells you who she is. Like I said before it took me 8 months to realise what the hell was going on all because they hid the saber in the final version of the film. I have good visual recollection as a filmmaker, you have to see entire sequences play out in your head before you can even set a camera up to shoot. So each individual movement plays out in my head and then it hit me like a freaking ton of bricks after official star wars twitter asked "what we think Darth Vader did with Obi wan's lightsaber" Rey gets a vision of who is connected to Anakins saber and she witnesses Ren steal a saber and get a vision of her. I then played the scene out like this and its so clear to me:

Kylo kills clans man

Kylo ren stands and waits for something whilst holding saber Knights of ren gather round him to watch

SOURCE kvlord
@Gemini

I see what you mean now, however, he saw her in the forest too, and he didn't have a saber then, but his own one....very hard to know what is going on in this scene.
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:47 pm

Little_Boots wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Little_Boots wrote:
Gemini wrote:

@Little_Boots

ITA

@Gemini

@Little_Boots

Kylo kills clans man

SOURCE kvlord
@Gemini

I see what you mean now, however, he saw her in the forest too, and he didn't have a saber then, but his own one....very hard to know what is going on in this scene.
@Little_Boots

yeah he did see her there.

Im guessing he sees her like this in the vision

Rey's Vision - Page 6 71a551ab674ff4defd95df6575dc64eb

Thats why he looks down at her clothes in the forest because the face is a mystery

and then he saw her as a child, it matches because in the Novel, she appears to also see boy ben, then Kylo with a mask
Rey's Vision - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_oatbkr4z601u4orvh_500

which is why he gets so upset over a mention of a girl on sand planet
Rey's Vision - Page 6 Tumblr_o49g15NyNW1u0rqito1_400
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Mon 12 Sep 2016, 4:10 pm

@Gemini I think, it could be the moment when he is trying to take Anakins Saber. He does say that..... someone she was with was a thief, which is possibly Maz
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 12 Sep 2016, 4:12 pm

Little_Boots wrote:@Gemini I think, it could be the moment when he is trying to take Anakins Saber. He does say that..... someone she was with was a thief, which is possibly Maz
@Little_Boots

It doesn't look like anakins  saber though just my opinion

Hundreds of people thought it was Luke's. Because you can see the end part and the ridges and the raised part

It's. It doesn't seem to be the future here (guess from relic hunting stuff) or Ach to as confirmed by Pablo (slaughtering village) so why would this clan have Luke's saber?

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 12 Sep 2016, 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 4:14 pm

It cut scene it is DEF not Anakins saber...

This article from spoiled blue milk is actually very informative...

We discussed this earlier a few times, and we’ve concluded that a key part of her backstory, regardless of her parentage, is her “clan”. But who or what exactly was this “clan”? Presumably, the clan is Rey’s clan, and the group of people/tribe/clan in which she was born. Perhaps some of her early years were spent with the clan.

http://spoiledbluemilk.com/2016/03/17/who-exactly-was-the-clan-leader-in-reys-flashback/

Going way back over a year ago to February 2015, Making Star Wars reported that The Force Awakens would feature a “clan” of sorts that fights back against the Knights of Ren (then just called the “seven”) with a lightsaber. From the article:

Flashback: Exterior Night Battlefield – Fierce battle! Sword is being use by the CLAN against THE SEVEN.

In this early plot leak, we have this notion that the clan sought out a lightsaber and bought one from a trader, who bought it from Naka. This would in fact be Luke’s saber, but these ideas appear to have been cut from the film. That is, we thought they were…

Only relatively recently, we have a confirmation from Pablo Hidalgo, based on the script, that the guy being killed by Kylo Ren’s lightsaber in the flashback, was in fact the “Clan Leader”. Here’s the tweet:

Rey's Vision - Page 6 Who-exactly-was-the-clan-leader-in-reys-flashback

To me, this quote kind of confirms that the MakingStarWars original reports on the clan featuring in the flash-back scene were true, and they were just heavily cut along with a lot of other shots from that scene.

So who exactly was this “clan” and how do they play into the bigger story? Can we gather any other scraps of info to infer anything about them? Let’s start with the clan leader. Here is the image of this character from the film:

Many people had thought that this guy was one of the Knights of Ren before this confirmation from Pablo that he was the “Clan Leader”. However, one thing we know about the KoR is that they all have masks. They all cover their faces. This guy appears to be human, most likely, with an exposed face. Everything seems in order, except…what’s the deal with the hat? Some people have pointed out  that his helmet looks like it might be the same as Constable Zuvio’s. If you don’t know, Constable Zuvio is sort of a background character who may have been mostly cut from the film. He was sort of the leader of a militia of sorts on Jakku, and the closest thing they had to a police force. Here is an image of Zuvio from the Visual Dictionary:

So this helmet was specifically a Kyuzo thing, so why was our human Clan Leader wearing one? We’ve seen a lot of strange helmets in Star Wars, but only Kyuzo wear these. It’s possible that the Clan Leader’s helmet is not Kyuzo, and is something else. Taking a more critical look at the CL’s helmet, it does appear to be rounder at the top, whereas Zuvio’s gets a little flatter around the edges. Not to mention, it’s raining, so this could just be some rain headgear for all we know.

The other thing that we know is that the Clan Leader was referred to as a “warrior” in the novelization during Rey’s Force-vision. What’s more, if we take the script as confirmation of the clan that MSW had originally reported, then this gives more credibility to the original rumor that the clan, and presumably the clan leader, was fighting with a lightsaber. Allegedly, in the original plot the clan sought out a lightsaber, and came across Luke’s saber being sold on Jakku. So this means that the Clan Leader was a warrior, who fought with a lightsaber…sounds a lot like a Jedi. That said, there is a good chance that they bought it just to protect themselves from Kylo Ren’s lightsaber. Didn’t help too much in the end.

What is striking to me is how much of the movie takes place on Jakku in these early leaks/rumors. If we take Pablo’s tweet as confirmation that they are at least partially true, then we have to wonder if the clan was also on Jakku. Furthermore, given all the connections here, one has to wonder if the clan is connected to the Church of the Force village, where Lor San Tekka lived. This is certainly possible. After all, the village constitutes a clan of sorts. So for the final bit of speculation, we have to wonder if there is any connection between the Church of the Force and the Clan. The only sticking point in that is that it was raining when the clan was killed. Although this isn’t impossible for it to rain in the dessert, it does make it very unlikely, especially in a town where water is so precious.

We’ll no doubt get an answer of Rey’s origins in Episode VIII and IX, and we are assured that the answer will be satisfying. I’d say the time spent waiting and speculating is half the fun.

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Mon 12 Sep 2016, 4:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Mon 12 Sep 2016, 4:14 pm

Gemini wrote:
Little_Boots wrote:@Gemini I think, it could be the moment when he is trying to take Anakins Saber. He does say that..... someone she was with was a thief, which is possibly Maz
@Little_Boots

Hundreds of people thought it was Luke's. Because you can see the end part and the bridges and the raised part
@Gemini

I still don't understand why they would take something so important from the film though. If Kylo is indeed getting visions of Rey through this relic Saber, they should have had it in the film and not the trailer, people would be more intrigued by what's in the film, but maybe we'll learn about it in Episode 8
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 12 Sep 2016, 4:18 pm

Little_Boots wrote:
Gemini wrote:
@Little_Boots

Hundreds of people thought it was Luke's. Because you can see the end part and the bridges and the raised part
@Gemini

I still don't understand why they would take something so important from the film though. If Kylo is indeed getting visions of Rey through this relic Saber, they should have had it in the film and not the trailer, people would be more intrigued by what's in the film, but maybe we'll learn about it in Episode 8
@Little_Boots

Because they want people speculating about her lineage to get butts in seats for next movie? Lol

I think we will see this whole thing again from his PoV either in the next instalment or episode 9
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 12 Sep 2016, 4:22 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:It cut scene it is DEF not Anakins saber...

We discussed this earlier a few times, and we’ve concluded that a key part of her backstory, regardless of her parentage, is her “clan”. But who or what exactly was this “clan”? Presumably, the clan is Rey’s clan, and the group of people/tribe/clan in which she was born. Perhaps some of her early years were spent with the clan.

http://spoiledbluemilk.com/2016/03/17/who-exactly-was-the-clan-leader-in-reys-flashback/

Going way back over a year ago to February 2015, Making Star Wars reported that The Force Awakens would feature a “clan” of sorts that fights back against the Knights of Ren (then just called the “seven”) with a lightsaber. From the article:

Flashback: Exterior Night Battlefield – Fierce battle! Sword is being use by the CLAN against THE SEVEN.

In this early plot leak, we have this notion that the clan sought out a lightsaber and bought one from a trader, who bought it from Naka. This would in fact be Luke’s saber, but these ideas appear to have been cut from the film. That is, we thought they were…

Only relatively recently, we have a confirmation from Pablo Hidalgo, based on the script, that the guy being killed by Kylo Ren’s lightsaber in the flashback, was in fact the “Clan Leader”. Here’s the tweet:

To me, this quote kind of confirms that the MakingStarWars original reports on the clan featuring in the flash-back scene were true, and they were just heavily cut along with a lot of other shots from that scene.

Well damn! Thanks so much for that! Where the hell did you find that?

That is going STRAIGHT INTO MY META

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 12 Sep 2016, 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Mon 12 Sep 2016, 4:23 pm

Gemini wrote:
Little_Boots wrote:
Gemini wrote:
@Little_Boots

@Gemini

@Little_Boots

Because they want people speculating about her lineage to get butts in seats for next movie? Lol

I think we will see this whole thing again from his PoV either in the next instalment or episode 9
@Gemini

But people will still speculate anyway, Pablo has mocked Rey Walker about a billion times and still people believe she is Luke's kid. The film debunks some lineage things...
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 12 Sep 2016, 4:25 pm

Little_Boots wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Little_Boots wrote:
Gemini wrote:
@Little_Boots

@Gemini

@Little_Boots

@Gemini

But people will still speculate anyway, Pablo has mocked Rey Walker about a billion times and still people believe she is Luke's kid. The film debunks some lineage things...
@Little_Boots

If that's obi wan's saber though it is pretty much a 95% conclusion that she is connected to that saber. Because she sees whos connected to anakins saber when she touches it.

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 4:27 pm

Gemini wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:It cut scene it is DEF not Anakins saber...

So who exactly was this “clan” and how do they play into the bigger story? Can we gather any other scraps of info to infer anything about them? Let’s start with the clan leader. Here is the image of this character from the film:

Many people had thought that this guy was one of the Knights of Ren before this confirmation from Pablo that he was the “Clan Leader”. However, one thing we know about the KoR is that they all have masks. They all cover their faces. This guy appears to be human, most likely, with an exposed face. Everything seems in order, except…what’s the deal with the hat? Some people have pointed out  that his helmet looks like it might be the same as Constable Zuvio’s. If you don’t know, Constable Zuvio is sort of a background character who may have been mostly cut from the film. He was sort of the leader of a militia of sorts on Jakku, and the closest thing they had to a police force. Here is an image of Zuvio from the Visual Dictionary:

So this helmet was specifically a Kyuzo thing, so why was our human Clan Leader wearing one? We’ve seen a lot of strange helmets in Star Wars, but only Kyuzo wear these. It’s possible that the Clan Leader’s helmet is not Kyuzo, and is something else. Taking a more critical look at the CL’s helmet, it does appear to be rounder at the top, whereas Zuvio’s gets a little flatter around the edges. Not to mention, it’s raining, so this could just be some rain headgear for all we know.

The other thing that we know is that the Clan Leader was referred to as a “warrior” in the novelization during Rey’s Force-vision. What’s more, if we take the script as confirmation of the clan that MSW had originally reported, then this gives more credibility to the original rumor that the clan, and presumably the clan leader, was fighting with a lightsaber. Allegedly, in the original plot the clan sought out a lightsaber, and came across Luke’s saber being sold on Jakku. So this means that the Clan Leader was a warrior, who fought with a lightsaber…sounds a lot like a Jedi. That said, there is a good chance that they bought it just to protect themselves from Kylo Ren’s lightsaber. Didn’t help too much in the end.

What is striking to me is how much of the movie takes place on Jakku in these early leaks/rumors. If we take Pablo’s tweet as confirmation that they are at least partially true, then we have to wonder if the clan was also on Jakku. Furthermore, given all the connections here, one has to wonder if the clan is connected to the Church of the Force village, where Lor San Tekka lived. This is certainly possible. After all, the village constitutes a clan of sorts. So for the final bit of speculation, we have to wonder if there is any connection between the Church of the Force and the Clan. The only sticking point in that is that it was raining when the clan was killed. Although this isn’t impossible for it to rain in the dessert, it does make it very unlikely, especially in a town where water is so precious.

We’ll no doubt get an answer of Rey’s origins in Episode VIII and IX, and we are assured that the answer will be satisfying. I’d say the time spent waiting and speculating is half the fun.
@spacebaby45678

Well damn! Thanks so much for that! Where the hell did you find that?

That is going STRAIGHT INTO MY META

@Gemini

Mrs. Ben Solo was kind enough to link it in the spoilers/rumors thread
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Mon 12 Sep 2016, 4:27 pm

Gemini wrote:
Little_Boots wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Little_Boots wrote:
Gemini wrote:
@Little_Boots

@Gemini

@Little_Boots

@Gemini

@Little_Boots

If that's obi wan's saber though it is pretty much a 95% conclusion that she is connected to that saber. Because she sees whos connected to anakins saber when she touches it.

@Gemini

Well, it could be the case Smile
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next