Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rey's Vision

+34
Kyla Ren
Geralt_Riv
Saracene
hrivulja
ZioRen
jakkusun
Darth_Awakened
ViviF
spacebaby45678
Jakku
snufkin
SoloSideCousin
EchoBase
Darth Rowan
FrolickingFizzgig
MyOnlyHope
creepi0
Rimfaxe96
Camaro
Rogue Rey
Little_Boots
Reylo Lemon
CienaRee
Queen Rey
panki
Darth Dementor
Darth Dingbat
Kessel
ISeeAnIsland
Mana
MoonFyre
AnneNeville
vaderito
Sylvia Snow
38 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Rey's Vision - Page 3 Empty Re: Rey's Vision

Post by panki Tue 26 Apr 2016, 10:33 pm

In the story of Jarael in comics, she was being brought up in a school originally founded by a sith master and this school was burnt down by slavers linked to Mandalore. Jarael runs off but is found by one of the slavers. She doesn't realise he is a slaver (she thinks he is helping her) and is taken away from that planet and made a slave.

Rey is supposed to be in battle dress when she was left as a child on Jakku (possibly sold to Unkar Plutt or given to settle a debt). Could this be a school uniform?

Rey's Vision - Page 3 2zs5fdd

Rey's Vision - Page 3 K0zeg

Rey's Vision - Page 3 1z48wme

Now here is the interesting part (if they go with this story). Jarael has regular parents but she also has the DNA of a jedi master. The scientist who added this DNA wanted to create a descendant for Ulic Quel Droma but the robe from which he took DNA samples actually belonged to another jedi master.

So if they bring this story into canon, I am guessing they will make the jedi master whose DNA was used either Obi-wan or Quinlan Vos, since both had Mandalorean connections. (I'll still go with Quinlan based on the powers Rey displays)

Rey's Vision - Page 3 33wsl78
Rey's Vision - Page 3 11ioi0l

And the floating city where Jarael was created might have been changed to Bespin when bringing it into canon (Rey's Survival Guide).

Rey's Vision - Page 3 9IXXouo

Last edited by panki on Tue 26 Apr 2016, 10:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Tue 26 Apr 2016, 10:51 pm

panki wrote:In the story of Jarael in comics, she was being brought up in a school originally founded by a sith master and this school was burnt down by slavers linked to Mandalore. Jarael runs off but is found by one of the slavers. She doesn't realise he is a slaver (she thinks he is helping her) and is taken away from that planet and made a slave.

Rey is supposed to be in battle dress when she was left as a child on Jakku (possibly sold to Unkar Plutt or given to settle a debt). Could this be a school uniform?

Rey's Vision - Page 3 2zs5fdd

Rey's Vision - Page 3 K0zeg

Rey's Vision - Page 3 1z48wme
@panki

Rey's backstory also similar to Jarael. Jakku and the Lower City, Scavenger and Trash Hauler. Jarael's LI was known as Jedi Killer which is also the name for Kylo in some early art concept.
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Tue 26 Apr 2016, 10:55 pm

@Sylvia Snow.... I really hope they make Rey's story similar to Jarael....I like the ending where she is reunited with her parents by Zayne...and then she wears a pretty dress and meets him at the end....and they live happily ever after. I wanted something nice like that for Rey and Kylo. Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Wed 27 Apr 2016, 12:14 am

panki wrote:@Sylvia Snow.... I really hope they make Rey's story similar to Jarael....I like the ending where she is reunited with her parents by Zayne...and then she wears a pretty dress and meets him at the end....and they live happily ever after. I wanted something nice like that for Rey and Kylo. Smile
@panki

Yes, I do, too. Also Zayne and Jarael really hate each other in the beginning and yet they are deeply in love with each other later on. Kylo and Rey already have this bond together so I'm looking forward to see they fall in love, too.
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Rey Wed 27 Apr 2016, 3:58 am

panki wrote:@Sylvia Snow.... I really hope they make Rey's story similar to Jarael....I like the ending where she is reunited with her parents by Zayne...and then she wears a pretty dress and meets him at the end....and they live happily ever after. I wanted something nice like that for Rey and Kylo. Smile
@panki

I don't know the story of Jarael....but this sounds nice.
Queen Rey
Queen Rey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 27 Apr 2016, 5:02 am

Queen Rey wrote:
@panki

I don't know the story of Jarael....but this sounds nice.
@Queen Rey

Rey's Vision - Page 3 Jarael_Zayne_Carrick_-_ah-ah

The ending says it all Very Happy

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 27 Apr 2016, 5:16 am

This is a little information about Rey's vision and her powers....I initially thought it was just Post-cognizance or Psychometry but it is more than that.....the lightsaber called to her and when she caught it, she was not only seeing and feeling emotions of previous users of the lightsaber...but she was also watching her past, present and future. So two things are happening:

1. Psychometry (things Anakin and Luke experienced)- Visions of the cloud city fight, Luke at the burning temple, Vader's breathing, Palpatine's voice and roar, Yoda's voice etc.

2. Unifying Force (leaving the body to witness one's own past, present and future)- Little Rey on Jakku, fallen warrior with Kylo and KOR, Kylo in Takodana woods etc.

I am not sure if Obi-wan's voice is from Luke's memory or part of the unifying force.....or maybe both?
It also explains why Maz says that the lightsaber called to her...it was the force talking to Rey once she connected to the it via the lightsaber.

Rey's Vision - Page 3 Qzm34k Post-congnizance/psychometry

Rey's Vision - Page 3 Jiyyap Unifying force

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Thu 02 Jun 2016, 12:26 pm

This is from the official Star Wars magazine:

Rey's Vision - Page 3 Image189

It has never crossed my mind that she could see the hallway of Mustafar in her vision. So, what could this mean, everything is linked to Anakin's fall?
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 02 Jun 2016, 12:53 pm

EchoBase wrote:This is from the official Star Wars magazine:

Rey's Vision - Page 3 Image189

It has never crossed my mind that she could see the hallway of Mustafar in her vision. So, what could this mean, everything is linked to Anakin's fall?
@EchoBase

It may not exactly be Anakin's fall.  It may be Anakin's fall being used as an analogy for Ben's fall.  The Mustafar Hallway is when Anakin falls ... but actually the ESB hallway is when he begins to rise because he, though still selfish, for the first time has turned enough from the emperor to ask his son to join him.  Also by acknowledging him as his son, he is starting to acknowledge Anakin Skywalker, which he hadn't done for 20 years.

And then with Ben, she sees evidence of Ben's fall with the burning temple and Luke with his hand on R2 ... but then does she see the beginning of his rise if the Forceback when he saves someone?
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Thu 02 Jun 2016, 5:31 pm

@SoloSideCousin Hmmm Intresting how the the first two segments of the vision are Luke's and Ben's fall from grace and first taste of the dark side? In fact their two of Lukes. First by finding out his father was Darth Vader and getting defeated in battle against him. Ben's fall due to the Jedi Academy massacre (which is Luke's second and biggest downfall, too).

There are so many avenues the force vision can take. Hopefully Episode VIII will give more clues to narrow down what it's trying to tell us?
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 03 Jun 2016, 2:40 am

Darth Dementor wrote:@SoloSideCousin Hmmm Intresting how the the first two segments of the vision are Luke's and Ben's fall from grace and first taste of the dark side? In fact their two of Lukes. First by finding out his father was Darth Vader and getting defeated in battle against him. Ben's fall due to the Jedi Academy massacre (which is Luke's second and biggest downfall, too).

There are so many avenues the force vision can take. Hopefully Episode VIII will give more clues to narrow down what it's trying to tell us?
@Darth Dementor

OMG! You are so right! There are so many possible layers to that thing ... and you know what, I had another thought. What if the forceback almost "continues" in some dream of Rey's in Episode VIII ... some of the details might change because "the future is in motion" but also she might get additional pieces. We had Vader's brushes with darkness. Luke's. Who comes next? Kylo. The first bit might be the cut vision of Snoke and "a boy" ... which frankly has the potential to be the truly darkest moment of all.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Wed 24 Aug 2016, 8:15 pm

There is a great conversation about this in the Tweets Discussion thread that got me thinking more about the vision and how it connects to the dynamic between Rey and Kylo.

I think that what Rey sees in the vision pertains to herself and to Kylo Ren; their individual pasts and their future, which is intertwined. We saw that moment in the interrogation room between them, and the novelization describes "an energy they recognize in each other." In the Force-back we hear Yoda's voice saying "Its energy surrounds us...and binds us."

For all its faults, to me there is a remarkable consistency in one aspect of TFA: all of these scenes are telling us the same thing:
-Rey sees Kylo Ren in her vision of her future (Not Finn. Not Finn, and that to me has unfavorable implications for his chances both as love interest and Force user/Jedi)
-Yoda tells her (through her vision) that the Force's "energy surrounds and binds us."
-Rey is told "the belonging you seek is ahead", and immediately after that she meets Kylo Ren.
-Rey and Ren have an intense exchange in the Force, seeing deeply into each other, and that unlocks her ability to consciously manipulate the Force.
-Kylo Ren tells Rey "it's just us now." US. There is a 'you' and there is a 'me', occasionally there is a 'we', but when you say US, imo it is a big deal (especially if you're Kylo Ren!) because it implies belonging.
-Kylo Ren offers to teach Rey: even more explicit offer of belonging/"join me" but it wasn't the right moment so she wrecks him.

And that's without even going into Kylo Ren's behavior towards her, with the unmasking, the possibility that he also saw her in visions prior to meeting her in person, etc. I think with all of this they are trying to tell us that these two are now connected, they are bound to each other now - they are fated to be "together". And if you're not family, and if you're in an epic space opera in need of a romance, "together" can only mean one thing. H-beating

Of course I am looking at these facts through my Reylo goggles. But even without the Reylo lens it's obvious that these two will mean something important to each other, whatever it is, because that's what TFA took pains to let us know.
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 24 Aug 2016, 8:38 pm

@Darth Rowan

Rey sees Kylo Ren in her vision of her future (Not Finn. Not Finn, and that to me has unfavorable implications for his chances both as love interest and Force user/Jedi)

All of this. If Finn had been a big player in the Force plot, the Force would have shown him to Rey. As it is, he's nowhere to be found even in SKB vision. So this is what we have:

Saber calls to Rey
Rey immediately follows the voice
Finn turns around to see Rey one last time but the door shuts into his face
Rey find the saber, has a vision
The vision is mostly about Kylo
The vision doesn't feature Finn 
On SKB, Finn is out into coma
Kylo tries to call the saber
Rey calls the saber
Rey goes to Ahcho, the place where the Jedi began
Kylo comes after her in VIII

These are crucial moments involving the Force and Finn is totally absent from them. Cause that's not his destiny. His destiny are the Resistance and KMT.

Kylo Ren tells Rey "it's just us now." US. There is a 'you' and there is a 'me', occasionally there is a 'we', but when you say US, imo it is a big deal (especially if you're Kylo Ren!) because it implies belonging. 

BINGO!  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers Oh, and when Yoda says "surrounds us and binds us" we see how binding works when Rey and Kylo read each other's minds and than were in Force lock on the cliff.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 24 Aug 2016, 10:47 pm

vaderito wrote:@Darth Rowan

Rey sees Kylo Ren in her vision of her future (Not Finn. Not Finn, and that to me has unfavorable implications for his chances both as love interest and Force user/Jedi)

All of this. If Finn had been a big player in the Force plot, the Force would have shown him to Rey. As it is, he's nowhere to be found even in SKB vision. So this is what we have:

Saber calls to Rey
Rey immediately follows the voice
Finn turns around to see Rey one last time but the door shuts into his face
Rey find the saber, has a vision
The vision is mostly about Kylo
The vision doesn't feature Finn 
On SKB, Finn is out into coma
Kylo tries to call the saber
Rey calls the saber
Rey goes to Ahcho, the place where the Jedi began
Kylo comes after her in VIII

These are crucial moments involving the Force and Finn is totally absent from them. Cause that's not his destiny. His destiny are the Resistance and KMT.

Kylo Ren tells Rey "it's just us now." US. There is a 'you' and there is a 'me', occasionally there is a 'we', but when you say US, imo it is a big deal (especially if you're Kylo Ren!) because it implies belonging. 

BINGO!  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers Oh, and when Yoda says "surrounds us and binds us" we see how binding works when Rey and Kylo read each other's minds and than were in Force lock on the cliff.
@vaderito

Just a little bit to add to this conversation, @vaderito and @Darth Rowan, I actually watched the TFA all the way through for the first time in several months the other day, and we had to pause it to put the dog out, and we paused at the point where Finn was telling Rey that he was a stormtrooper ... It was interesting to see what the chapter was called ... Discussion of Destinies... plural :-) Just another little hint of different paths. :-)

SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 24 Aug 2016, 11:07 pm

Excellent point, if Finn were meant to continue being a player in her character arc, he would've shown up in the vision. He triggers it by deciding to get the Hell out of Dodge so that she feels abandoned, but otherwise he's not in her vision at all. Versus somebody else, where it seems to be the Force with a big flashing billboard about how "this is somebody you need to look out for." Funny thing, when I saw TFA for the first time, the vision in Maz's creepy break room is where I was like "huh, so she's being set up as having a separate path doing the Force thing and facing the Darkside." It seemed pretty clear that was the point where she and Finn's paths in the trilogy were going to diverge, into the separate Destinies mentioned above. Definitely clear with her talking to him in the ICU before leaving - both that he's her friend and that when she'll see him again is likely but unknown (would bet on them being apart in VIII and not reuniting again until both have gone through significant growth/change).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 25 Aug 2016, 6:08 am

@SoloSideCousin Wow. That's what we've been saying all the time. They have different destinies, won't be joined at the hip. And than film-makers actually title the scene Discussion of Destinies. Just like we've been saying that Rey and Finn are as just friends without romantic set up and, later, JB confirms that in the Variety interview. But I guess Destinies is misdirection and lying too? Yeah, when you think about it, is there a single prediction antis made that was actually confirmed? Nope, they had to call lies and misdirection every time something new from most reliable sources/people popped up.

@snufkin Agreed. Also, Rey and Finn arc is resolved in TFA. There's no unfinished business. They saved each other's lives and came back for each other and that's it. You can't go anywhere from there but send them on separate journeys.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 25 Aug 2016, 6:42 am

Edit and moved to kenobi files

Last edited by Gemini on Thu 25 Aug 2016, 7:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 25 Aug 2016, 7:07 am

It was posted on my birthday as well! Looolz
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Thu 25 Aug 2016, 7:18 am

Hmmm, I'm not sure what you mean, @Gemini - Obi-Wan died on the Death Star, and that magazine talks about Mustafar.

I don't really see much of a resemblance to the Mustafar hallway either; it looks like the Cloud City hallway to me. Perhaps with slight differences. (Found the comparison photos on Google.)

Rey's Vision - Page 3 60ba0f2094fad1f67c57ecff3edf271d

Rey's Vision - Page 3 Control_center07
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 25 Aug 2016, 7:20 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:Hmmm, I'm not sure what you mean, @Gemini - Obi-Wan died on the Death Star, and that magazine talks about Mustafar.

I don't really see much of a resemblance to the Mustafar hallway either; it looks like the Cloud City hallway to me. Perhaps with slight differences. (Found the comparison photos on Google.)

@Darth Dingbat

Got it muddled! Mustafar not where he died.

The article says it resembles 2 hallways, first one we see, (first thing we see)is where obi wan met anakin in a duel on mustafar, official Star Wars is saying this so I'm going with what they say.

Excellent day!
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakku Thu 25 Aug 2016, 8:09 am

If the Jarael storyline has any relevance, it would explain why her parents are not that big a deal - they were essentially incubators for the genetic inheritance of someone else. It's the someone else who would be important in the SW world.

My imagination runs away with me, but it does leave me wondering exactly how Luke was 'raising a new generation of Jedi'. Had he attempted to engineer them in some way? Was that what made Kylo explode? Was Rey kidnapped by slavers and eventually sold on?

It makes me rethink "Han Solo can't save you now". Save her from whom? We assumed he meant himself, but perhaps he meant...Luke?
Jakku
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 25 Aug 2016, 8:55 am

Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:Hmmm, I'm not sure what you mean, @Gemini - Obi-Wan died on the Death Star, and that magazine talks about Mustafar.

@Darth Dingbat

Got it muddled! Mustafar not where he died.

The article says it resembles 2 hallways, first one we see, (first thing we see)is where obi wan met anakin in a duel on mustafar, official Star Wars is saying this so I'm going with what they say.

Excellent day!
@Gemini

Obviously a vision/preparation for what is to happen on Snowkiller base, since Reylo's fight mirrors Obikin

Fire & Ice !

Obi Wan is calling her with urgency, maybe he knows the future and what is to come for her so he prepares her by what she sees in the vision

Part of the hero's journey is supernatural help.

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 25 Aug 2016, 10:15 am

Jakku wrote:If the Jarael storyline has any relevance, it would explain why her parents are not that big a deal - they were essentially incubators for the genetic inheritance of someone else. It's the someone else who would be important in the SW world.

My imagination runs away with me, but it does leave me wondering exactly how Luke was 'raising a new generation of Jedi'. Had he attempted to engineer them in some way? Was that what made Kylo explode? Was Rey kidnapped by slavers and eventually sold on?

It makes me rethink "Han Solo can't save you now". Save her from whom? We assumed he meant himself, but perhaps he meant...Luke?
@Jakku

Oooohhh this is a very interesting perspective. If Luke engineered people, that would be uber-bad ... but given how the Jedi thought it was okay to use clones, not impossible. That would be really, really unexpected of Luke though ... but at the same time, if he does receive some kind of "dark side exposure" (like some Silkwood experience with a dark side relic) and becomes insane to the point where he is not really responsible for his actions, then they could do all kinds of things with him.

I also think that they did go the genetic engineering route that the chance that it would come from the dark side would be very high. Jakku had an imperial experimentation facility and there were stormtroopers left there who went crazy. Also, I don't know if you have read Life Debt, but there are other things on Jakku, ancient, buried things, that could possibly be useful in some kind of genetic engineering as well. Maybe Snoke was trying to create some Superpeople? Like Life Debt says, "the empire needs children."
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Darth Dementor Thu 25 Aug 2016, 1:04 pm

snufkin wrote:Excellent point, if Finn were meant to continue being a player in her character arc, he would've shown up in the vision. He triggers it by deciding to get the Hell out of Dodge so that she feels abandoned, but otherwise he's not in her vision at all. Versus somebody else, where it seems to be the Force with a big flashing billboard about how "this is somebody you need to look out for." Funny thing, when I saw TFA for the first time, the vision in Maz's creepy break room is where I was like "huh, so she's being set up as having a separate path doing the Force thing and facing the Darkside." It seemed pretty clear that was the point where she and Finn's paths in the trilogy were going to diverge, into the separate Destinies mentioned above. Definitely clear with her talking to him in the ICU before leaving - both that he's her friend and that when she'll see him again is likely but unknown (would bet on them being apart in VIII and not reuniting again until both have gone through significant growth/change).
@snufkin

Precisely. How anyone can interpret the line "we shall se each other again, MY FRIEND" as anything other than they will spend significant time apart is beyond me?

If a Rey & Finn romance was in the cards there would have been more clear, concise signs leaving no doubt they were meant to be together. Most epic romances don't start with the pair meeting then separating for an entire movie, growing into different people along the way, then meet again like nothings happened. At the very least Finn would had been concious and one, if not both, would have declared they're love for the other.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next