Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10

+52
ReyofLightSide
ZioRen
Kyla Ren
ladyconsular
Geralt_Riv
Helix
hrivulja
Airemyn
MeadowofAshes
LondonGal555
Armadeus
Darth Dingbat
CienaRee
vaderito
snufkin
BastilaBey
Sylvia Snow
ViviF
MindAndMagic
Gemini
Kessel
Kaleyna
soulluos
motherofpearl1
SanghaRen
nonesuch
jakkusun
Moonjump05
Saracene
Xylo Ren
Rimfaxe96
Reylo Lemon
reylo1992
creepi0
Krafty
Irina de France
Darth Dementor
Lily Snape
LadyHa
Darth Rowan
panki
Darth_Awakened
KnightsofReyloRen
Jakku
spacebaby45678
Marchtwin
ISeeAnIsland
FrolickingFizzgig
EchoBase
Kylo Ren
Birdwoman
Little_Boots
56 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10

Post by vaderito Thu 29 Sep 2016, 11:01 am

@Rei of Sunshine Exactly. Add to that this ingredient: she is not integrated into the Resistance, and she'll spend time isolated with Kylo who is the enemy of the Resistance. So her feelings about him will change due to additional information that Resistance people don't have. Their feelings about him won't change. More conflict. Finn will be hardcore Resistance and she'll be "he's not a monster, Gaston". Of course, Finn isn't malicious like Gaston but he could do something that would appall her because he thinks he's protecting her and is the right thing to do. because he'll act from Resistance position and what they see as right and wrong, and she'll act from her position of right and wrong that is not indoctrinated by Resistance POV.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10

Post by Mana Thu 29 Sep 2016, 11:03 am

vaderito wrote:@Rei of Sunshine Exactly. Add to that this ingredient: she is not integrated into the Resistance, and she'll spend time isolated with Kylo who is the enemy of the Resistance. So her feelings about him will change due to additional information that Resistance people don't have. Their feelings about him won't change. More conflict. Finn will be hardcore Resistance and she'll be "he's not a monster, Gaston". Of course, Finn isn't malicious like Gaston but he could do something that would appall her because he thinks he's protecting her and is the right thing to do. because he'll act from Resistance position and what they see as right and wrong, and she'll act from her position of right and wrong that is not indoctrinated by Resistance POV.
@vaderito

And that would also add some MUCH needed drama and tension to Finn and Rey's relationship...
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 29 Sep 2016, 11:14 am

@Mana There must be a reason why one is 100% integrated and another is kept away from the Resistance. I'd say it's important for her heroine journey cause some things she has to do alone without anyone's help or against the whole world including her friends. Like, I know that you don't believe in this but I do and I'll do it with or without your approval or even against your wishes. That's the biggest thing in hero journey.

Plus, having them as the trio in the Snow Fight has to amount to something. She called him a monstah so Finn's heard that and what followed must have convinced him that Rey was right. But something will happen on Ahch-to that'll change her opinion, while Finn won't be privy to that. Hence his unchanged opinion at least temporarily.

Last edited by vaderito on Thu 29 Sep 2016, 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 29 Sep 2016, 11:23 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@vaderito

Vay, reading this part made me think that honestly, it will be pretty easy for a guy and a girl to get along and work together for the balance of the Force.

To make it more interesting, put them on opposite sides of the fight. Then he kidnaps her. Jerk move on his part, but he happens to be handsome and she beautiful.

And they balance the Force of all things.

It'll be easy to partner up and work together once they get over the kidnapping thing.

She forgive him. And they're happy together.

Too fast? Let's add some high level drama to make it just a tad difficult.

She's friends with his dad whom he kills in front of her.

BAM! You get material enough to stretch into a trilogy.

Lol

@Rei of Sunshine

My own personal take after first viewing was also that

his Master, who's the Big Bad of the Trilogy, is responsible for her abandonment and her parents' disappearance

young man will fall hard for her in next episode

Master will become aware of her existence, not just as foil to apprentice, but also as offspring of people he murdered because they stood in the way of his plans

Going back to my DVR to re-watch a couple more scenes from ESB and RotJ and maaaan, I hope that they go the Dark Luke route all the way with him. Because Luke's impulsive, reckless, and runs off before finishing his training. Would make an interesting parallel (Hell, I'd pay more attention to that story than I ever did to the Jedi A Plot) in the next episodes.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 29 Sep 2016, 12:06 pm

snufkin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@vaderito

Vay, reading this part made me think that honestly, it will be pretty easy for a guy and a girl to get along and work together for the balance of the Force.

To make it more interesting, put them on opposite sides of the fight. Then he kidnaps her. Jerk move on his part, but he happens to be handsome and she beautiful.

It'll be easy to partner up and work together once they get over the kidnapping thing.

Lol

@Rei of Sunshine

his Master, who's the Big Bad of the Trilogy, is responsible for her abandonment and her parents' disappearance

Master will become aware of her existence, not just as foil to apprentice, but also as offspring of people he murdered because they stood in the way of his plans

Going back to my DVR to re-watch a couple more scenes from ESB and RotJ and maaaan, I hope that they go the Dark Luke route all the way with him. Because Luke's impulsive, reckless, and runs off before finishing his training. Would make an interesting parallel (Hell, I'd pay more attention to that story than I ever did to the Jedi A Plot) in the next episodes.
@snufkin

OMG! Yes! I'm all about the Dark or Darkened Luke. He has all the pieces there, especially if you focus on the ESB characterization, which I bet Kasdan thought was truer (though there was some force choking at the beginning of ROTJ too). I just never bought Zen Luke, even as an 8 year old. I remember thinking, "Why is Luke acting so weird, talking so slow and holding his hands like that?" (The way Luke folded his hands like some holy man was highly irritating to me as a kid for some reason, lol. ) And I mean if you look at how he is in ESB ... like some jumpy kid who would get an Adderall recommendation from the school counselor ... the demeanor change was a jump, especially since he didn't go back to Yoda until we saw him go in ROTJ.

In the end the dude is a Skywalker man ... it's high time for his moment in the Darkness, lol.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 29 Sep 2016, 12:13 pm

@SoloSideCousin

In the end the dude is a Skywalker man ... it's high time for his moment in the Darkness, lol.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 40 Tumblr_o71wzs35or1qkbiaio1_500
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 40 Tumblr_o71wzs35or1qkbiaio2_500
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 40 Tumblr_o71wzs35or1qkbiaio3_500

http://gwendy85.tumblr.com/post/144238180768

and especially this version:

http://gwendy85.tumblr.com/post/143878706388

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Last edited by vaderito on Thu 29 Sep 2016, 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 29 Sep 2016, 12:14 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
snufkin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@vaderito

Lol

@Rei of Sunshine

@snufkin

OMG! Yes! I'm all about the Dark or Darkened Luke. He has all the pieces there, especially if you focus on the ESB characterization, which I bet Kasdan thought was truer (though there was some force choking at the beginning of ROTJ too). I just never bought Zen Luke, even as an 8 year old. I remember thinking, "Why is Luke acting so weird, talking so slow and holding his hands like that?" (The way Luke folded his hands like some holy man was highly irritating to me as a kid for some reason, lol. ) And I mean if you look at how he is in ESB ... like some jumpy kid who would get an Adderall recommendation from the school counselor ... the demeanor change was a jump, especially since he didn't go back to Yoda until we saw him go in ROTJ.

@SoloSideCousin

There was some deleted footage/dialogue from RotJ about the implications of Luke breaking his training and the fallout. Plus "oops, yeah we lied to you about your biological father and sister."

Watch: Rediscovered & Deleted ‘Jedi’ Scene Touches Upon Moral Implications ‘Star Wars’ Didn’t Want To Address Watch: Rediscovered & Deleted 'Jedi' Scene Touches Upon Moral Implications 'Star Wars' Didn't Want To Address

Think about it: Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda essentially agreed to lie to Luke Skywalker about the true identity of his father and even the existence of his sister Princess Leia. And in this clip, it suggests that Kenobi fully realized the moral implications, and that this deception wasn’t resting well upon his soul. Imagine this ethical debate in front of the Jedi Council? There’s no way this would have passed in a million years. As THR wisely observes on their piece on the same clip, “They lied to Luke Skywalker to manipulate him into considering Darth Vader an enemy to be beaten, rather than the former ally — and Luke’s father — that he really was.”

The Deleted 'Jedi' Line That Redeemed Obi-Wan Kenobi

One of the unspoken truths about the Star Wars cycle of movies is that Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi are jerks. Just reading those words seems like heresy, I know, but think about it: They lied to Luke Skywalker to manipulate him into considering Darth Vader an enemy to be beaten, rather than the former ally -- and Luke's father -- that he really was. Clearly, whoever taught the ethics class at the Jedi Academy needed a refresher course of their own.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40