Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

+43
panki
spacebaby45678
Kyla Ren
SanghaRen
creepi0
Jakku
RKR Connection
MissG
Mana
Little_Boots
Birdwoman
Darth Dementor
rey09
CienaRee
IoJovi
Darth Rowan
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Darth_Awakened
MoonlitMoss
EchoBase
jakkusun
Saracene
Reylo Lemon
MoonFyre
Moonjump05
ISeeAnIsland
MeadowofAshes
Sylvia Snow
Ohtze
AnneNeville
SoloSideCousin
Rimfaxe96
BastilaBey
FrolickingFizzgig
Rogue Rey
MyOnlyHope
Force22
Kessel
Darth Dingbat
vaderito
Gemini
Xylo Ren
Reynak
47 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 Empty ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

Post by Reynak Sun 03 Apr 2016, 1:22 pm

MeadowofAshes wrote:
vaderito wrote:Finn = Seth Rogen, a good-hearted schlub who wants to score a slim, hot chick witih his tired goofball shtick. Well, SW isn't a Seth Rogen comedy, sorry. deal with it dude-bros.

YES. Why "Fat guy with a hot wife" sitcoms/comedies annoy the hell out of me. Thank goodness this is Star Wars, not King of Queens.

Finn represents average guys although he isn't fat or plain. When you compare him with FS prince Kylo,he is obviously the normal guy, who can claim in his favour that he is a good person,noble, caring and brave. This is selling the idea that if you are nice and good, girls will forget about the guys they tend to drool about and choose a more "reasonable option". I'm tired of hearing this. At least if my fiction I prefer to ship whomever I want and I would like Rey to live an incredible larger than life burning romance, even if the ending was sad and he or she disappeared in a blaze of glory. What I don't want to see in SW is something apparently safer but unable to make my blood boil in my veins. That's why I loved Han and Leia. Rey and Kylo would take what they had to another level, but it's also about choosing the rocky path, not to the "comfortable" one.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 6cf74910

I think this is important, as several of us have pointed out before, they showed a parallelism in the movie between two couples, Han&Leia and Ben&Rey, because when Kylo's ship takes off with Ray on board, Leia's ship lands and she meets Han, the love of her life after years apart. Well, that sentence in the picuture is important too.

Leia: You know, as much as we fought, I always hated it when you left.
Han Solo: That's why I did it, so that you'd miss me.
Leia: I do miss you.

She does't say they argued but fought, interesting choice of words. It gives us an idea what a hell that must have been for Kylo as a kid, to see his parents fight, kids always hate that but sensitive introverted ones hate it more.
And perhaps it is also a clever foreshadowing or parallelism, because Ren has hunted Rey and she has aimed shots at him with a blaster, later they will fight passionately, the line between love and hate is sometimes really thin. I think Leia's words foreshadow what will happen because she says that to Han when she says good bye to him,for the last time, she will never see him again. So we witness the ending of one love and in the next scene we see SK with Kylo and Rey together there, and a new budding love.

Last edited by Reynak on Sun 03 Apr 2016, 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

Post by Little_Boots Sun 03 Apr 2016, 1:38 pm

@Reynak I noticed that line too by Leia in reference to Han.
I also thought, when Leia says there is still light in Kylo. I believe the line
was put there so the audience will subconsciously see him as the good guy in the next scene, which is the interrogation scene,and he is being good to Rey while he is also being bad. It's no coincidence to me that the line before the interrogation is "there's still light in him" coming from his mother directed to his father, the man she loves.
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 03 Apr 2016, 3:04 pm

Darth Dementor wrote:
Little_Boots wrote:
rey09 wrote:
Camaro wrote:

He's so beseeching here... the intensity in those eyes! Like I said already, SW is made to work on so many levels. Maybe now with all these BTS, and the DVD finally coming out people who don't have a more developed idea of writing and metaphor will be able to see it?? Jeez, I hope so. It's there... practically staring one in the face. I feel like making a signpost that says "Reylo here". I think the more radical fanboys are going to hide deeper in Denialville and lament over us horrid women tainting their fandom with our atrocious ideas. Because we're all female of course, and twittering idiots who either don't get SW or want Kylo Ren to be Christian Grey.

Nah, he's looking at her like that because she's his cousin. That's how the fanboys look at their cousins.
Cousins also bridal carry and get too close for comfort.

That alone should be enough to quell "Rey Skywalker."   I'm just saying the last time I bridal carried a bird we almost snogged and made out, the entire time she was saying  and I quote "OMG this is so romantic.  This moment is just so perfect right now, " giggling and holding on to me tightly the entire time.  The only reason we didn't is because her best friend and husband were watching, looking at us like what's going on between you two?

Bottom line a guy doesn't pick up a girl like that unless he's into her.
Hahaha I had to look up what snogging meant  Razz
LOVE this Dementor! Love to hear a guy's perspective  on it. Just cheers
vaderito wrote:
Little_Boots wrote:Another thing I noticed in the film, when Rey runs down the steps like a Princess away from what she has seen in her vision, into enchanted Forrest.... She looks above her head and sees a ship approach. She then looks and she's Kylos ship, while in the vision she sees a ship leave her.....

Maz they're never coming back. But there is someone who still could. The longing you seek is not behind you it is ahead.

Rey looks up like she did in her vision to see Kylo approach.

He then ascends the stairs Rey ran down and is told where she ran away to.

She sees a ship above but that's Storm Trooper carrier. She sees Kylo's carriage when Maz Castle bombardment starts. First she sees Maz statue fall and 'splosions and than she sees Prince Kylo's carriage and becomes very focused on it despite 'splosions and falling debris. Like in the Snow Dance with Lightsabers, she's so focused on Kylo's ship that she forgets about the chaos around her. This is mirrored by Kylo's arrival to the battlefield. He's as cold as a cucumber while mayhem is going on all around him. Than he hears the word "girl" and - boom - reacts, storms towards enchanted forest, starts to purr and the rest is history.

LOL PURRING I honestly cannot hear it in the clips I've watched on my computer, but I'm on a Mac and the audio is so bad (they never have any bass!) so I can't wait to hear it on DVD:face:

vaderito wrote:Reylo kiss must be for the ages, one of those kisses that make Top 10 Best Kisses in Movies. They know it so we'll probably get fewer but unforgettable. I mean, it's this:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 Tumblr_o4ve56YtGI1twi2hjo2_250

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 Tumblr_o4ve56YtGI1twi2hjo1_250

kissing this:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 Tumblr_o4vki4K3dA1rp4uy8o1_250

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 Tumblr_o4vki4K3dA1rp4uy8o2_250

Yeah, they'll work on choreography like crazy to get Best Kiss Ever.

I agree! It might just be one amazingly epic kiss but it will be for the ages! And I can't wait!!! I would be so happy if years from now, I saw some dopey documentary on top ten kisses in cinema and Reylo was in there Surprised
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 03 Apr 2016, 3:50 pm

I think Rey will be the one to initiate it too
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 03 Apr 2016, 4:25 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:Bawahwah

Seth Rogen = King of Queens.... This dude bro schlub or dweeb as main male  protagonist/antagonist who lands hot chick modern trend actually burns my a**

That male fantasy should stay there, in a sitcom. No need to crossover to epic fantasy. Especially not in epic fantasy with the female lead who's standing in for female power fantasies.

@Reynak

Finn represents average guys although he isn't fat or plain.
REDACTED

Last edited by AnneNeville on Sun 03 Apr 2016, 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No disparaging comments about actors' bodies or stereotyping of other fans.)
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 03 Apr 2016, 4:33 pm

I'm so done with the Rey skywalker in denial theory

Rey says she's waiting for her family very clearly in the film, she says they'll be back, Pablo has said that the people who left her in Jakku (her family) are not the same person as Luke.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak Sun 03 Apr 2016, 4:38 pm

vaderito wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:Bawahwah

Seth Rogen = King of Queens.... This dude bro schlub or dweeb as main male  protagonist/antagonist who lands hot chick modern trend actually burns my a**

That male fantasy should stay there, in a sitcom. No need to crossover to epic fantasy. Especially not in epic fantasy with the female lead who's standing in for female power fantasies.

@Reynak

Finn represents average guys although he isn't fat or plain.

REDACTED

REDACTED
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 03 Apr 2016, 4:44 pm

Eh, we talk a lot about AD's huge ears and nose and 1000 moles so talk about someone's big butt shouldn't be different.

Intent matters. Discussion of ears nose and moles in the context of someone being highly attractive overall comes across very differently than the conversation above did.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sun 03 Apr 2016, 4:46 pm

@vaderito: well, John's build is short and stocky overall - shouldn't be compared to Adam really, they're two very different creatures.

But it's interesting that John has been working out so much for Episode VIII. Sure, he's no doubt getting his own action plot, but I also can't help but think he's getting something of a "romantic" makeover for his interactions with KMT's character.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 03 Apr 2016, 4:48 pm

That's very possible. Maybe he'll flex his muscles for her? They are huge from weight lifting. Or, even better, maybe he bridal carries KMT? Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:05 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:@vaderito: well, John's build is short and stocky overall - shouldn't be compared to Adam really, they're two very different creatures.

But it's interesting that John has been working out so much for Episode VIII. Sure, he's no doubt getting his own action plot, but I also can't help but think he's getting something of a "romantic" makeover for his interactions with KMT's character.

Yeah, he is working out and posts about it on social media.    He still looks pretty similar in recent pics though because he was never skinny, he's always been more stocky, but he doesn't have that typical broad shoulder and narrow hips look that is considered more masculine. He's generally more wide in the hips than the shoulders.  

I think the working out is mostly for his action sequences as I think his role in Episode VIII will be quite action orientated. Although I thought he had some action based scenes in TFA too. I guess they want Finn to look like he's "come more into his own?" ? I do admit I find it odd that he's working out so much now and apparently didn't really for TFA. Shouldn't he have already been in shape in TFA if he was an elite stormtrooper? They are soldiers after all.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by MyOnlyHope Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:07 pm

Gemini wrote:I'm so done with the Rey skywalker in denial theory

Rey says she's waiting for her family very clearly in the film, she says they'll be back, Pablo has said that the people who left her in Jakku (her family) are not the same person as Luke.
Their theory is mostly built on shameless TFA cherry-picking. *Whiny voice* "Rey had her mind wiped. She only thinks her family left her on Jakku."

An over-the-top wink and a few tweets from the biggest celebrity troll ever "support" the rest of their claim.

Is Rey Luke's daughter, Mark?
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 Mqdefault

Meanwhile, the same actor who apparently substantiates the Rey Skywalker theory f**** around with "spoilers" on his Twitter, and then freely admits that he hates spoilers. It really sounds like he takes all the "Luke is so-and-so's father" theories seriously. (sarcasm)

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 QP3B4VJ
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:13 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:
Gemini wrote:I'm so done with the Rey skywalker in denial theory

Their theory is mostly built on shameless TFA cherry-picking. *Whiny voice* "Rey had her mind wiped. She only thinks her family left her on Jakku."

An over-the-top wink and a few tweets from the biggest celebrity troll ever "support" the rest of their claim.

Is Rey Luke's daughter, Mark?
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 Mqdefault

Meanwhile, the same actor who apparently substantiates the Rey Skywalker theory f**** around with "spoilers" on his Twitter, and then freely admits that he hates spoilers. It really sounds like he takes all the "Luke is so-and-so's father" theories seriously. (sarcasm)

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 QP3B4VJ

Mark Hamill is totally enjoying himself no questions.

I think he's great - he's liked a couple of my random tweets to him about his missing hand and his beard!!!! Smile
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:14 pm

vaderito wrote:That's very possible. Maybe he'll flex his muscles for her? They are huge from weight lifting. Or, even better, maybe he bridal carries KMT? Twisted Evil
If done well Finn and this new character could be everything and more to the FinnRey fans. They're also interracial, so there's that angle for those who think it's very important to push "progressive" themes in big blockbuster romantic couplings. Physically, she suits him. She isn't your typical lanky, leggy actress. She has a round face and she's a little pudgy (in a cute way). So many messages of body acceptance between them already just based on their builds.

That said, we have no idea who Tran could be playing. They ride a horse and Boyega said she was a new "star", that's it. I imagine she's human and that they'll have a few interactions. Other than that, who knows?

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:18 pm

The very first lines of the film basically tell you how the trilogy must end
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:21 pm

original casting call based on overhauled Arndt script (or was it?) had 2 male and 2 female leads - one serious young man and one serious young woman, one funny young man and one funny young woman. Girl was always going to be the biggest lead out of 4. Now, we know that they cast Driver first and he was in talks since 2012 or earlier (when Lincoln was being filmed). So Kylo could be "serious" character unless there was another who was scrapped and Kylo as a villain didn't figure in the Foursome. Rey would be "serious" character. Finn obviously "funny" one. TFA didn't have second female lead but KMT is apparently one and I wouldn't be surprised if she was "funny" girl. Poe was meant to die so he isn't one of the original 4 either.

@Gemini So things will be made right and Kylo won't be able to deny the truth that is his family.

Last edited by vaderito on Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:22 pm

vaderito wrote:Eh, we talk a lot about AD's huge ears and nose and 1000 moles so talk about someone's big butt shouldn't be different.

You're right, people complain about comments that could be racist but then they say Adam is ugly and has huge ears. I find it difficult to say an actor or actress is ugly because it makes me seem too superficial, but this is an example of double standars. I have read posts on boards, IMDB for instance saying Driver is ugly and never seen any saying John is ugly.

Well, IMO, Driver is much more attractive that John and there are a lot of women who agree, as far as I've seen.
It seems we have to be very careful because if we say this it's not politically correct, but in my case and most people's it has nothing to do with colour.
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:24 pm

Force22 wrote:
vaderito wrote:That's very possible. Maybe he'll flex his muscles for her? They are huge from weight lifting. Or, even better, maybe he bridal carries KMT? Twisted Evil

I think we'll see him shirtless. I think something we picked up might have actually been noticed by the audience. Finn does not look like a hero. He's not typically masculine, nor has more feminine traits like artistic sensibility, emotional conflict, whatever. Well, I don't think they'll suddenly give him any type of sensibility, but they can amp up his masculinity. Big biceps without shirt can accomplish that. And it looks good in a movie too. So I think we'll have shirtless Finn.

Edit @Kessel89 : I think being in shape and having huge muscles are different things... He was in shape. Now he'll have ridiculous looking muscles to show...

I agree, he's already considered "brave" like a hero, so now they're trying to make him physically look more like a typical hero, with the muscles.

If we get shirtless Finn, I demand shirtless Kylo too! And they should throw in shirtless Poe. Smile Btw, that reminds me of a funny/joke photo montage I saw (I think on Tumblr) showing three different pics of how Daisy, John and Oscar are "preparing" for Episode VIII; one is a pic of Daisy working out, another, a pic of John working out and the last is a pic of Oscar eating chips. I thought it was funny.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:27 pm

Reynak wrote:
vaderito wrote:Eh, we talk a lot about AD's huge ears and nose and 1000 moles so talk about someone's big butt shouldn't be different.

You're right, people complain about comments that could be racist but then they say Adam is ugly and has huge ears. I find it difficult to say an actor or actress is ugly because it makes me seem too superficial, but this is an example of double standars. I have read posts on boards, IMDB for instance saying Driver is ugly and never seen any saying John is ugly.

Well, IMO, Driver is much more attractive that John and there are a lot of women who agree, as far as I've seen.
It seems we have to be very careful because if we say this it's not politically correct, but in my case and most people's it has nothing to do with colour.

people are too focused only on one race and sensitive only about that. But I read kazillion comments that call AD ugly because he "looks Jewish" and because those commentators think he is Jewish. You can find such trash on YouTube and IMDB. He isn't Jewish but that's not the point. The point is that there are people who hate him/think he's ugly because they think he is. I'm Jewish so I notice comments like that while average [REDACTED: when posting please do not use slurs or offensive labels to refer to groups of people] is only concerned about whether general public is going gaga about Boyega or not. Antisemitism = racism too.

@Kessel89 That pic of Oscar was so funny. He's not a try hard.

Last edited by vaderito on Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BastilaBey Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:33 pm

Kessel89 wrote:
Force22 wrote:

I think we'll see him shirtless. I think something we picked up might have actually been noticed by the audience. Finn does not look like a hero. He's not typically masculine, nor has more feminine traits like artistic sensibility, emotional conflict, whatever. Well, I don't think they'll suddenly give him any type of sensibility, but they can amp up his masculinity. Big biceps without shirt can accomplish that. And it looks good in a movie too. So I think we'll have shirtless Finn.

Edit @Kessel89 : I think being in shape and having huge muscles are different things... He was in shape. Now he'll have ridiculous looking muscles to show...

I agree, he's already considered "brave" like a hero, so now they're trying to make him physically look more like a typical hero, with the muscles.

If we get shirtless Finn, I demand shirtless Kylo too! And they should throw in shirtless Poe. Smile Btw, that reminds me of a funny/joke photo montage I saw (I think on Tumblr) showing three different pics of how Daisy, John and Oscar are "preparing" for Episode VIII; one is a pic of Daisy working out, another, a pic of John working out and the last is a pic of Oscar eating chips. I thought it was funny.
They forgot to add Adam though (this is from Girls)
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 Tumblr_o50pmfubOA1rszoo3o1_400
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:36 pm

Gemini wrote:The very first lines of the film basically tell you how the trilogy must end

You mean this?

The first thing San Tekka says is,
"This will begin to make things right."

Are this the words people refer to?

Last edited by Reynak on Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:37 pm

Reynak wrote:

I don't find John very attractive either (just personal preference). I can see why some women would like him though. He has that boyish charm. He's cute, he has a nice smile.

Kylo on the other hand is tragically beautiful, as I've said a few times. His looming hight, conservative costume, pale skin and jet-black hair and eyes are just very evocative. I think the appeal also has a lot to do with his voice and the way he moves. He's very unusual looking, a romantic lead more suited to literature than film. He's Dorian Grey, not Thor.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:38 pm

BastilaBey wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:
Force22 wrote:

They forgot to add Adam though ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 Tumblr_o50pmfubOA1rszoo3o1_400

Agreed. Adam may not flaunt it on social media, but he's been working out too (and has been from before as well)...he's going to be in top shape in episode VIII, with those shoulders, those arms, that back, etc....
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next