Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2

+40
EchoBase
Little_Boots
Geralt_Riv
guardienne
Irina de France
MindAndMagic
FrolickingFizzgig
Kessel
snufkin
IoJovi
spacebaby45678
Darth_Awakened
BastilaBey
SanghaRen
panki
vaderito
Reylo Lemon
nonesuch
ZenBrainJam
soulluos
ISeeAnIsland
Birdwoman
ZioRen
Saracene
Lily Snape
MyOnlyHope
Gemini
jakkusun
Jakku
MeadowofAshes
Xylo Ren
BenRey
Helix
Mana
Sylvia Snow
Rimfaxe96
CienaRee
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dingbat
reenydet
44 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2

Post by ZioRen Mon 31 Oct 2016, 3:13 pm

EchoBase wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:@vaderito What was that about Luke maybe not wanting to pick up a weapon? It sounded like they were walking back the KoR fight sequence spoiler a little...
@BastilaBey

Maybe it's because of these costumes sketches? http://makingstarwars.net/2016/10/an-accurate-depiction-of-luke-skywalkers-look-in-star-wars-episode-viii/

He didn't appear to have a saber. Maybe he will fight the KOR without a saber?
@EchoBase

This is likely the case. They're not going to miss a chance to show how powerful Luke is in the Force now. He won't need a saber.

These scenes could also be a good time to showcase if Luke really is darker these days too. I could see them making the audience go from thinking Luke is so cool to thinking he's actually kind of terrifying.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2

Post by EchoBase Mon 31 Oct 2016, 3:16 pm

vaderito wrote:@EchoBase That's what they said. is he a wizard? In that case he don't need a weapon.
@vaderito

So if the guys in Ireland can't distinguish a piece of junk (?) from a lightsaber, how do they know, that Kylo really wants to kill Rey? Razz. Maybe he just wants to cuddle.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 31 Oct 2016, 3:17 pm

ZioRen wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:Jason says info on 'a new character in episode viii' (KMT?) and more Kylo info is coming within the next week. Also, sketches of Luke and Rey's costumes.
@BastilaBey

GET. HYPE.

Or, alternatively, start biting your nails. You never know what end of the spectrum new information will set off.
@ZioRen

In terms of random rumours and spoilers, I'm always prepared for the "Kylo's gone full dark and wants to kill everybody" end of the spectrum, tbh.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 31 Oct 2016, 3:19 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:Jason says info on 'a new character in episode viii' (KMT?) and more Kylo info is coming within the next week. Also, sketches of Luke and Rey's costumes.
@BastilaBey

GET. HYPE.

Or, alternatively, start biting your nails. You never know what end of the spectrum new information will set off.
@ZioRen

In terms of random rumours and spoilers, I'm always prepared for the "Kylo's gone full dark and wants to kill everybody" end of the spectrum, tbh.
@Darth Dingbat

Me too. I think most of the info we get on Kylo in VIII won't be flattering. Which makes me worry about the rest of fandom (namely Tumblr) imploding.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Mon 31 Oct 2016, 3:24 pm

It sounds like we might be getting darker, emotionally messed up Luke in this movie....

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 31 Oct 2016, 3:32 pm

Birdwoman wrote:It sounds like we might be getting darker, emotionally messed up Luke in this movie....
@Birdwoman

I am pretty sure that it would be the case.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 31 Oct 2016, 3:36 pm

vaderito wrote:@EchoBase That's what they said. is he a wizard? In that case he don't need a weapon.
@vaderito

Maybe a wizard who blows things up like huts (and maybe even people) with just a thought or with the pounding of his stick, all Gandalf (or Sauramon, depending on where he is on the force spectrum) style.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 31 Oct 2016, 3:40 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
@vaderito

Maybe a wizard who blows things up like huts (and maybe even people) with just a thought or with the pounding of his stick, all Gandalf (or Sauramon, depending on where he is on the force spectrum) style.
@SoloSideCousin

Sith, that's a good thought.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 31 Oct 2016, 4:36 pm

Actually makes you wonder why powerful force users still use lightsabers when they can do damage without it. I kind of expect Luke to do damage with no lightsaber. Not the biggest fan of Luke but I really want to see him do something that leaves you gaping. He deserves it after all. Imagine Luke using force lightning to teach his naughty nephew a lesson.

I am actually so ready for the Evilest Kylo marketing campaign. It's going to be fun to see all these anti-redemptionists pop up champagne bottles to then fall flat on their nose come December 2017. I am more than chilled after JJ's comments.

Btw thank you to the ones listening to podcasts and reporting. I am just too d*** lazy plus tired - work piling up at the moment.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 31 Oct 2016, 4:46 pm

SanghaRen wrote:Actually makes you wonder why powerful force users still use lightsabers when they can do damage without it. I kind of expect Luke to do damage with no lightsaber. Not the biggest fan of Luke but I really want to see him do something that leaves you gaping. He deserves it after all. Imagine Luke using force lightning to teach his naughty nephew a lesson.

I am actually so ready for the Evilest Kylo marketing campaign. It's going to be fun to see all these anti-redemptionists pop up champagne bottles to then fall flat on their nose come December 2017. I am more than chilled after JJ's comments.

Btw thank you to the ones listening to podcasts and reporting. I am just too d*** lazy plus tired - work piling up at the moment.
@SanghaRen

So am I. In fact, I'm even prepared that JJ's commentary may be the last encouraging news we get (though of course I hope we get some nice nuggets too). I'm prepared for:

(a) evil Kylo
(b) encouraging news about FinnTran
(c) discouraging news about Reylo

But we know how it goes, right? FinnTran is happening. In the podcast, Jason also seemed quite confident of a FinnTran kiss in VIII. But neither Finn nor KMT's character are Skywalkers. So where does that leave us?

No matter what the details turn out to be, we'll get the epic Skywalker romance and the epic redemption.

Why is nobody talking about the kiss conversation at the end of the podcast, btw? Wink
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 31 Oct 2016, 4:50 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:
Why is nobody talking about the kiss conversation at the end of the podcast, btw? Wink
@Darth Dingbat

Do tell! I can't listen right now.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 31 Oct 2016, 4:51 pm

@Darth Dingbat Maybe because it made reylos sound like crazed fangirls? lol. the finntran stuff yeah, they say it so casually. the same with amanda the other day, they've known for a long time that finn is getting a love interest, and they will probably kiss.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 31 Oct 2016, 5:18 pm

My two cents on this week s Jason s spoilers:

Finn and his mission: where he goes, what he has to do and whom he meets (KMT for sure and just maybe BDT as well).

Kylo - we are going to hear something very vague and nobody will understand properly what is going on.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 31 Oct 2016, 5:27 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:My two cents on this week s Jason s spoilers:

Finn and his mission: where he goes, what he has to do and whom he meets (KMT for sure and just maybe BDT as well).

Kylo - we are going to hear something very vague and nobody will understand properly what is going on.
@Darth_Awakened

True that about Kylo, but I'm still looking forward to it with all my being.

Dingbat is right though - this may be the last good news we have in awhile before the marketing for VIII starts rolling in. I'm already bracing myself for a bumpy ride.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by teltaru Mon 31 Oct 2016, 5:40 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Darth_Awakened

If I recall correctly, what Jason said about the Kylo news was that conclusions were going to be drawn, which points to the information being significant in one way or the other. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that they've been on the "redemption train" for a while, so at this point I'm pretty optimistic about what they have to say on the matter.

teltaru
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Mon 31 Oct 2016, 5:42 pm

@Darth_Awakened

Did they say that? That no one will understand what is going on?
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 31 Oct 2016, 5:47 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Darth Dingbat

I guess JJ commentary upstaged it and Finntran kiss is a foregone conclusion around here. So not really a big news. However, what I find the most intriguing about this podcast, which had really great thoughts about Sorm troopers, etc, is that KoR information may be a bit of a misinformation. Not intentional but something got misinterpreted. Because Jason says that Luke won't use/pick up the weapon, while the report had him cut down KoR with his green saber. And Jason also says something like "we need to see if he's more of a wizard" which would indicate fighting with pure Force rather than saber and Force. So I guess we'll find out that several things from those Ireland reports didn't quite get everything right.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 31 Oct 2016, 6:26 pm

vaderito wrote:

Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Darth Dingbat

I guess JJ commentary upstaged it and Finntran kiss is a foregone conclusion around here. So not really a big news. However, what I find the most intriguing about this podcast, which had really great thoughts about Sorm troopers, etc, is that KoR information may be a bit of a misinformation. Not intentional but something got misinterpreted. Because Jason says that Luke won't use/pick up the weapon, while the report had him cut down KoR with his green saber. And Jason also says something like "we need to see if he's more of a wizard" which would indicate fighting with pure Force rather than saber and Force. So I guess we'll find out that several things from those Ireland reports didn't quite get everything right.
@vaderito

Luke as a Gandolf-like figure would be something to see. This, combined with the hut-slayer rumor would be fantastic. I hope all are true...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 31 Oct 2016, 6:30 pm

@IoJovi I'm all for LOTR influences in SW and ireland definitely gives Middle Earth vibe. 

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 39 Tumblr_mhpa348bEd1s3uvpwo1_500

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 39 Tumblr_mhpa348bEd1s3uvpwo2_500
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 31 Oct 2016, 6:38 pm

I like the idea of a powerful wizard-like Luke (with emotional complexity) who doesn't need a weapon. I think it might actually make sense that Luke doesn't really use light sabers (or weapons) like the PT Jedi. I kind of have a feeling his Jedi following probably differed from the old Jedi in many ways. Also, Luke seems to be more of a pacifist, although extremely powerful.  

It also kind of ties in with Kylo having such a shoddily made lightsaber and really raw dueling skills. It's possible Luke didn't really teach his students how to make light sabers and duel if Kylo didn't know how to properly do these things. It may have even been a source of conflict between them if there were things Luke wouldn't teach. Who really knows though. We know so little about how Luke ran his Jedi order/following
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 31 Oct 2016, 6:42 pm

Kessel89 wrote:I like the idea of a powerful wizard-like Luke (with emotional complexity) who doesn't need a weapon. I think it might actually make sense that Luke doesn't really use light sabers (or weapons) like the PT Jedi. I kind of have a feeling his Jedi following probably differed from the old Jedi in many ways. Also, Luke seems to be more of a pacifist, although extremely powerful.  

It also kind of ties in with Kylo having such a shoddily made lightsaber and really raw dueling skills. It's possible Luke didn't really teach his students how to make light sabers and duel if Kylo didn't know how to properly do these things. It may have even been a source of conflict between them if there were things Luke wouldn't teach. Who really knows though. We know so little about how Luke ran his Jedi order/following
@Kessel89

Luke being pure Force of nature is fine by me cause I always thought that Yoda should have bene that, above lightsaber. If you cna move mountains, why use a saber? Fan service.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Mon 31 Oct 2016, 6:56 pm

SanghaRen wrote:I am actually so ready for the Evilest Kylo marketing campaign. It's going to be fun to see all these anti-redemptionists pop up champagne bottles to then fall flat on their nose come December 2017. I am more than chilled after JJ's comments.
@SanghaRen

If they go with the Evilest Kylo campaign (as I suspect they will), I foresee yet more disappointment from certain fans.

At last, Kylo will be a true evil bad*** villain we were promised! Huzzah!

Post-Episode VIII:

What what WTF is all this love crap? They ruined the character *again*!
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 01 Nov 2016, 3:24 am

EchoBase wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

Did they say that? That no one will understand what is going on?
@EchoBase

No. I was not in the mood yesterday so my conclusion was influenced by it. And I joked a bit as well, given the fact the all rumors regarding Kylo we got so far are indeed a bit confusing.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Tue 01 Nov 2016, 7:57 pm

Anyone else nervous/excited about the KMT/Kylo announcements this week?

I think the Kylo one could be about his scar, his first scene (since we already know Finn and Rey's), or about an odd conversation with Snoke. Those are just my predictions. What do you all think?
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 01 Nov 2016, 8:04 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:Anyone else nervous/excited about the KMT/Kylo announcements this week?

I think the Kylo one could be about his scar, his first scene (since we already know Finn and Rey's), or about an odd conversation with Snoke. Those are just my predictions. What do you all think?
@Xylo Ren

I'm super stoked. Coming off the heels of JJ's fantastic commentary, there's nothing really that could come out that would dampen my excitement. I'd love to hear more about the scar, his real agenda for coming to Ach-To and finding the last Jedi Temple, or maybe a future vision with involving Anakin.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next