Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2

+40
EchoBase
Little_Boots
Geralt_Riv
guardienne
Irina de France
MindAndMagic
FrolickingFizzgig
Kessel
snufkin
IoJovi
spacebaby45678
Darth_Awakened
BastilaBey
SanghaRen
panki
vaderito
Reylo Lemon
nonesuch
ZenBrainJam
soulluos
ISeeAnIsland
Birdwoman
ZioRen
Saracene
Lily Snape
MyOnlyHope
Gemini
jakkusun
Jakku
MeadowofAshes
Xylo Ren
BenRey
Helix
Mana
Sylvia Snow
Rimfaxe96
CienaRee
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dingbat
reenydet
44 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2

Post by IoJovi Sat 08 Oct 2016, 9:10 am

At this point, it's best if we move Rey's lineage discussion here. Thanks guys!

http://reylo.skyforum.net/t400p475-rey-s-lineage-discussion-ii
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2

Post by Xylo Ren Sat 08 Oct 2016, 9:14 am

Rey is already her own person. The only bearing her parentage will have is on her inner conflict. She's already force sensitive, she's already grown up on her own, she's already heading down to find her destiny. When are parents most important? When you're a child. When you're growing up. They weren't there for her. Their physical importance in her life is basically over. All that's left to explore is her coming to terms with them abandoning her and the character development from that.

I'm just not that interested in hearing their story. It might've been to keep her alive, to protect her, but I'm still not convinced Jakku was the best care they could've had for her. It's heartbreaking that she grew up alone. I'm sure it'll be explained but I just don't care about the past that much I care more about her future. To me, people care WAY more about her lineage than her as a person. And assuming she will always be over-shadowed by Kylo just because her last name is unfamiliar? Don't sell Rey short like that. She doesn't need a lineage to be memorable. She just needs to be a hero and she will be.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 08 Oct 2016, 9:20 am

It's funny because i remember you once saying to me that you can't imagine a star wars movie without a kenobi @FrolickingFizzgig

In what world, especially Star Wars, is obi wan kenobi justified as nothing of importance? Countless official accounts both recent and older explain his sheer importance to the saga . Official Star Wars are even recently saying he was more similar to anakin in terms of love life than we originally thought and also said his words to rey in the force awakens speak volumes and and it is listed as a defining and important moment of his life. So somehow that moment in the force awakens is just a random call back? Quote me an official source saying this to backnup what you say about him not making an entrance into he ST. Because he has made his entrance into the ST and according to official Star Wars, it's very important to his journey and reys journey.

what did anakin have? Children, all hidden away one raised as nothing, the other raised as royalty." Both of the skywalker back stories were not what we assumed on the surface. He was on par with anakin in the PT as protagonist, they were a duo.

Here's the official novel explaining how he and obi wan are on par and no other bond compares, and yes I think this bond is so strong that it transcends even to their grand children:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 21 IMG_2772

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 08 Oct 2016, 9:24 am

@Gemini
I would give that novelization the same stock I give the TFA novelization, which is about this much: 

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 21 Zero2

Maybe I said that. I don't remember. Would have been ages ago. I also used to be "meh" on the double-agent theory, but I dislike it a lot now. Am I not allowed to change my perspectives based on new information?
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 08 Oct 2016, 9:27 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:@Gemini
I would give that novelization the same stock I give the TFA novelization, which is about this much: 

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 21 Zero2

Maybe I said that. I don't remember. Would have been ages ago. I also used to be "meh" on the double-agent theory, but I dislike it a lot now. Am I not allowed to change my perspectives based on new information?
@FrolickingFizzgig

How about data analysis from a statistician?
Visualized: How Obi-Wan Kenobi Rules The Star Wars Universe
Data analysis proves the Jedi master is the most influential figure in the galaxy

http://www.vocativ.com/262505/visualized-how-obi-wan-kenobi-rules-the-star-wars-universe/

While Empire was originally part of a 12-film plan, by the time it was released, the number had clearly been reduced to nine. “The prequel stories exist — where Darth Vader came from, the whole story about Darth and Ben Kenobi — and it all takes place before Luke was born,” Lucas explained at the time. “The other one — what happens to Luke afterward — is much more ethereal. I have a tiny notebook full of notes on that. If I’m really ambitious, [b]I could proceed to figure out what would have happened to Luke.

George Lucas

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-long-winding-and-shapeshifting-trail-to-episodes-vii-viii-ix
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 08 Oct 2016, 9:30 am

You can change Perspectives.

It just amazes me how it can change so drastically to fit an argument though.

You may personally think the novels hold no credence. But It's still official and official Star Wars have concluded that obi wan whispering to rey in the force awakens was important and speaks volumes apparently and is listed as a defining moment in his story in the saga, so yea. I'd say he made his entrance again and it's linked directly to rey. And he is important to the ST.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 08 Oct 2016, 9:33 am

Guys, can we please take this to Rey's lineage?  Thanks. 
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 08 Oct 2016, 9:36 am

@Iojovi it was in response to the new podcast where they are discussing her lineage or lack of any important lineage . it didn't just spring up from nothing.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 08 Oct 2016, 9:38 am

@Gemini
I wouldn't really call it a "drastic" change. I was a lot more open to different directions when film first came out and I hadn't given it much thought. I would call that normal. Let's recall that I was also more tolerant of the Kenobi theory before it became the #1 source of conflict on this forum. It was a mistake to even reply to you about this topic. I won't be doing it again. 

@spacebaby45678
There is no nice way to say this. I don't read your posts anymore at all, so I would appreciate it if you didn't tag me or respond to me either. We don't interact anymore, end of story. This is not the first time I have made this request, but it will be the last time. Just pretend I'm not here. The "ignore" feature isn't perfect on this forum, but we can make it so by simply not tagging each other. This is just a request. You have no real reason to oblige, but I (and I'm sure others) would appreciate it if you did.

@IoJovi
Sorry, I'm done with this conversation anyway. I've been told that I should not have been allowed to alter my perspective between January and now, and that's pretty much the end of that.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 08 Oct 2016, 9:48 am

Gemini wrote:@Iojovi it was in response to the new podcast where they are discussing her lineage or lack of any important lineage . it didn't just spring up from nothing.
@Gemini

Did you listen to the podcast though? Amanda's comment was made in the context of a conversation about the significance of Rey seeing the island. She thinks it's Ahch-to (as do most fans, I presume), while her co-host believes Rey is dreaming of her home planet. Not about Rey turning out to be unimportant, or making Kylo the secret protagonist, or sexist storytelling from Lucasfilm.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 08 Oct 2016, 9:54 am

BastilaBey wrote:
Gemini wrote:@Iojovi it was in response to the new podcast where they are discussing her lineage or lack of any important lineage . it didn't just spring up from nothing.
@Gemini

Did you listen to the podcast though? Amanda's comment was made in the context of a conversation about the significance of Rey seeing the island. She thinks it's Ahch-to (as do most fans, I presume), while her co-host believes Rey is dreaming of her home planet. Not about Rey turning out to be unimportant, or making Kylo the secret protagonist, or sexist storytelling from Lucasfilm.
@BastilaBey

Thank you. Regardless of whether or not Rey's lineage popped up in a Podcast does not negate the fact these discussions often get circular, and tend to hijack the intended conversation.

My mod note still stands that any further discussion should be relagated to the Rey's lineage thread.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sat 08 Oct 2016, 9:55 am

vaderito wrote:And this

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 21 CQeXqwKsNNtmXJ8HQuA7SjzHRh1sMd9J2K_lW8ZJZGDAcVdAsSlBae0Gfpv34tcgGyBLad7Yfz5-dYvcBZ_jCCO3yByz455uaj4J--9dRtCtpRT03dheI5eEERvVrX8Se96davnO

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 21 EaTCaCj9o5shEHa6OPIEYVoG8TaxvrGOz-1uKnB2F6vwICEueKVh_yU35gLWGSgcLWdtnlB_xP67qjxxd6i5TiBhl7MY3vObG8j1Pq4j_MPMrWUV_zI5Et8OuI6wwTdhW2aMxwTF

That's not your average straining-to-call-the-Force face. That's sexual pleasure face.
@vaderito

*Sigh* That Panda Art is one of my favorites. Rey's perfectly happy and look at his face too! Look how she did his eye!
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 08 Oct 2016, 10:00 am

Xylo Ren wrote:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 21 CQeXqwKsNNtmXJ8HQuA7SjzHRh1sMd9J2K_lW8ZJZGDAcVdAsSlBae0Gfpv34tcgGyBLad7Yfz5-dYvcBZ_jCCO3yByz455uaj4J--9dRtCtpRT03dheI5eEERvVrX8Se96davnO

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 21 EaTCaCj9o5shEHa6OPIEYVoG8TaxvrGOz-1uKnB2F6vwICEueKVh_yU35gLWGSgcLWdtnlB_xP67qjxxd6i5TiBhl7MY3vObG8j1Pq4j_MPMrWUV_zI5Et8OuI6wwTdhW2aMxwTF

That's not your average straining-to-call-the-Force face. That's sexual pleasure face.
@vaderito

*Sigh* That Panda Art is one of my favorites. Rey's perfectly happy and look at his face too! Look how she did his eye!
@Xylo Ren

Delicious. Here's a toast to something we all can agree on... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 08 Oct 2016, 10:12 am

IoJovi wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:

@vaderito

@Xylo Ren

@IoJovi

DON'T FORGET THIS

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 21 14581310
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 08 Oct 2016, 10:19 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:

@vaderito

@Xylo Ren

@IoJovi

DON'T FORGET THIS

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 21 14581310
@Maria Antonietta

Funny enough, that last image you posted looks like it could be a follow up to both of those. Nothing in this film is accidental.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2016, 11:53 am

Well, this thread has me hot and bothered now.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I care about the plot... the Jedi temple, the Force tree, the Knights of Ren, why Luke's been hiding, etc.

But I also really really want Kylo and Rey to just KISS already, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 08 Oct 2016, 11:54 am

WhatGirl wrote:Well, this thread has me hot and bothered now.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I care about the plot... the Jedi temple, the Force tree, the Knights of Ren, why Luke's been hiding, etc.

But I also really really want Kylo and Rey to just KISS already, lol.
@WhatGirl

This is me. Everything else is secondary... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2016, 11:56 am

IoJovi wrote:This is me. Everything else is secondary... Laughing
@IoJovi

If I'm 100% honest, I am mainly here for the Reylo. All the other stuff = cool bonus features. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 08 Oct 2016, 12:03 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
IoJovi wrote:This is me.  Everything else is secondary... Laughing
@IoJovi

If I'm 100% honest, I am mainly here for the Reylo. All the other stuff = cool bonus features. Laughing
@WhatGirl

Without Reylo, I would have thought TFA was a great movie.  I would have bought my popcorn, laughed at Finn's jokes about Jakku, got nostalgic about Han and Leia and would have told my friends afterwards.

I also would not be on a message board nearly 10 months later discussing every nuance, fan Podcast and tweet that comes from the story group.  Nor would I have had the pleasure of meeting any of you fine folks.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Sat 08 Oct 2016, 12:14 pm

it's been a strange sort of few months.

but i don't think they will kiss.
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sat 08 Oct 2016, 12:31 pm

@Iojovi
@Whatgirl

Reylo is sexy but it's also very sweet. They're both looking for something that only the other could truly understand: belonging.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 21 6452bb9f4f69459accef8095933a323f
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 08 Oct 2016, 1:05 pm

guardienne wrote:it's been a strange sort of few months.

@guardienne

Ever?!?  affraid

I know there's a debate about whether the first kiss will happen in VIII or IX, but it WILL be happening, regardless...

@Xylo Ren Yes to all of that.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 08 Oct 2016, 1:16 pm

@Iojovi Nah, lots of people who see reylo aren't sure there's going to be a kiss, myself included. Would I like to see one? Sure, if it makes sense for the story. But we're still very early on, they could totally choose to leave their relationship at the point before anything overt happens, even if we know they have mutual feelings. Trying to keep an open mind. All TFA tells me is that these two are going to form some kind of positive bond with romantic elements (if those weirdly intimate moments between them in VII will make sense as part of the whole story), and Kylo's redemption is foreshadowed.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 08 Oct 2016, 1:25 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@Iojovi Nah, lots of people who see reylo aren't sure there's going to be a kiss, myself included. Would I like to see one? Sure, if it makes sense for the story. But we're still very early on, they could totally choose to leave their relationship at the point before anything overt happens, even if we know they have mutual feelings. Trying to keep an open mind. All TFA tells me is that these two are going to form some kind of positive bond with romantic elements (if those weirdly intimate moments between them in VII will make sense as part of the whole story), and Kylo's redemption is foreshadowed.
@BastilaBey

I totally get that. Judging by the fact that given all that we have up until now, these two are going to be the central romance of the story. So for me, the question of a kiss isn't if, but when.

I too am not 100℅ convinced we'll be getting one in VIII, but I am forever optimistic.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2016, 1:29 pm

IoJovi wrote:
guardienne wrote:it's been a strange sort of few months.

@guardienne

Ever?!?  affraid

I know there's a debate about whether the first kiss will happen in VIII or IX, but it WILL be happening, regardless...

@Xylo Ren Yes to all of that.
@IoJovi

On that, I think the kiss will happen in VIII.

The first kiss, as I see it, will seem sudden and unplanned for both Kylo and Rey. It will be as if they're finally giving in to something bigger than either of them can continue to resist or deny. *cough* The Force. *cough* It will be a result of on-the-spot desire, rather than anything resembling true love.

As for IX, I see the foundation of a relationship forming, with a mutual acknowledgment of deeper feelings. They will care about each other and be able to admit that, by this point. It will no longer be merely about sexual attraction or unresolved tension, but about how they can relate to each other with their troubled pasts and what it means for them as they move forward... together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next