Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11

+48
Reylo Lemon
EchoBase
Rimfaxe96
Mana
KnightsofReyloRen
Sylvia Snow
Rei of Sunshine
IoJovi
Kessel
Darth Dingbat
Gemini
Irina de France
spacebaby45678
SanghaRen
reylo1992
FrolickingFizzgig
Moonjump05
Kyla Ren
Darth_Awakened
MeadowofAshes
ZenBrainJam
BastilaBey
panki
ISeeAnIsland
Armadeus
Saracene
Xylo Ren
motherofpearl1
ZioRen
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dementor
MindAndMagic
vaderito
Little_Boots
Krafty
LondonGal555
Birdwoman
Helix
nonesuch
AceofWands
WillowMeena
CienaRee
Starchaser
Lily Snape
ReyofLightSide
Jakku
guardienne
snufkin
52 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11

Post by snufkin Sun 23 Oct 2016, 5:40 pm

Gemini wrote:
snufkin wrote:I've always found it interesting how much from the start he acts that way around Rey, even before it's revealed that she's FS/the Awakening. Granted he knows that What Girl has managed to snag the droid, help the Traitor elude Hux's troops, hot wire and fly a complicated ship without a co-pilot (the type of ship he learned how to fly on), and outmaneuver two criminal gangs. So he already knows that she's no slouch and my guess was that he thought she was part of LST's group and had managed to get away. But it's still funny how he acts around her at the beginning, he wants her to see him that way, conscious or not.  I also saw it as one of the parallels between him and Finn because Finn also straightens himself up when they do their initial introduction and she thinks that he's with the Resistance. Both young men very much want to look good in Rey's eyes and their body language/posture includes straighten themselves up.
@snufkin

He was totes peackocking when deflecting her blasts. The dude can freeze blasts in mid air. But instead he chose to show off. I'm certain that was another purposeful dupicate shot just like how he interrogated  poe vs how he interrogated rey. Again it's showing you how he behaves differently around a girl he finds attractive compared to others in the story.
@Gemini

Yep, he already knows she's done some impressive things so he can't help himself, he's totally intrigued by her, even if she may be part of LST's group. I just think it's funny that he does all of that and then when he realizes that she's FS, it ups things to the next level. Like of course he's going to chase after her when she's trying to escape with Finn. It's like the girl you have a bad crush on is leaving the party with another guy, so you go out to the parking lot after her. "Rey I made you this mixtape! It explains the power of the Darkside and how I feel about you!"
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11

Post by vaderito Sun 23 Oct 2016, 6:00 pm

@Xylo Ren Are you saying that their music themes are horn-y?  Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty Sun 23 Oct 2016, 6:56 pm

reylo1992 wrote:
Krafty wrote:
vaderito wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:@vaderito
Maybe I see things, but having in mind Adam s look during filming Lucky Logan - where he was sporting a look and a vibe of an "outlaw" even out of the set (Pics with Craig), all of photos from Cannes literally suggest the vibe of a dangerous dreamboat.
Could be my "dangerous head canon" as well - I tend to become unstable when it comes to Cannes photos.  lol!

@Darth_Awakened

looking at these gifs of Kylo, the way obvious Jon Snow imagery (look at that signature coat sweep when he fights):

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 30 Tumblr_ofews4Of1D1rszoo3o3_r1_500

You'd think that Kylo is supposed to be JJ's LI considering how much JJ's camera loves his face:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 30 Tumblr_ofei97uuvT1rszoo3o1_250ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 30 Tumblr_ofei97uuvT1rszoo3o8_r1_250
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 30 Tumblr_o6k3q0ulpa1rszoo3o7_r1_250ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 30 Tumblr_o6k3q0ulpa1rszoo3o10_r1_250ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 30 Tumblr_o6k3q0ulpa1rszoo3o3_r2_250

we'll see what Rian's camera does with him in Ireland but there's a reason why Mark calls him Dangerous Dreamboat so I'm very optimistic. Scar should add even more edge to this Dark Prince.
@vaderito

With that lighting, beautification, the hair, the emphases on his masculinity in contrast to a certain heroine's femininity, bedroom voice (which I strongly believe is there, though my friend's are not sold) and being the last of the Skywalkers...  Well, he's definitely gotta be someone's LI with all that going on.
Either Rey's, JJ's, or the audience's.
Or all of the above. Gotta love those Skywalker and Solo genes. It all goes somewhere, otherwise why bother? Wink

**EDIT** Oh, I almost forgot. I heard one of my buddies say something absolutely hilarious about Kylo when he unmasked for Rey.
I asked her what she thought and she said, no joke, "He kinda gives her Nala eyes."  
lol!
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 30 IygBjN ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 30 Tumblr_ofei97uuvT1rszoo3o1_250
He kinda does though, as he sorta slowly drops his chin...
@Krafty

So true! Very Happy And the whole time, I was like: I have already seen that kind of gaze and attitude somewhere else, but WHERE??? And I couldn't put a finger on it until now lol!
@reylo1992

Right?!?! I had to laugh because "Nala Eyes" is so spot on for what he's doing. He totally does IMO.
It just goes to show there is an eerie intimacy about the whole exchange! And they keep the camera on him ssoooo long. They really wanted us to get a good look at him. Smile
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Sun 23 Oct 2016, 8:08 pm

I wouldn't mind if their song have a certain flirtation vibe to it, or even a little temptation, like Habanera

Or something beautiful and harmonic, like The Flower duet 

Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Mon 24 Oct 2016, 1:33 am

vaderito wrote:yeah, I'm totally curious what their theme will sound like. I also bet it won't be called Rey and Kylo Theme but Rey and Ben though it's likely going to have a name of its own like Across the Stars.
@vaderito

I'm looking forward to the moment when she calls him Kylo and he replies, "It's Ben."
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Mon 24 Oct 2016, 1:42 am

Xylo Ren wrote:I think their theme will include the "Rentrograde".

Ren's broken motif will play in the english horn and Rey's will answer in the flute. It will climax with the horns and strings bouncing his and her themes back and forth, weaving them together into a beautiful melody. Together, they will make a complete musical idea.

The Reytrograde starts at 0:32

Kylo's is the reverse with an added half step at 0:40

Interesting that both motifs premiered with the french horn. I surmise that when they play off of each other in VIII, the theme will be performed in the horn as well. It's their instrument What a Face
@Xylo Ren

My son learned the French horn (not an easy instrument to play) because of Leia's Theme. Smile And he fell in love with classical guitar (he started off strumming "Smoke on the Water" like every other kid learning to play guitar) because he wanted to play some pieces from the soundtrack to "How to Train Your Dragon," and they weren't written to be strummed but rather, played note by note. So as you might imagine, we love soundtracks around here. I'm looking forward to this next one. Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Mon 24 Oct 2016, 6:09 am

Re: possible names of Ben and Rey Theme... "The Dark Side and the Light".

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 24 Oct 2016, 7:55 pm

Rewatching TFA at the moment.  I still get all warm-hearted with that fluttery feeling when I think of where the central romance is going, and how these two will be each other's salvation...  Especially when Rey is first introduced...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 24 Oct 2016, 8:00 pm

@Iojovi I know what you mean. Rey's introduction gets sadder each time I watch it. Her loneliness is so tangible.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 24 Oct 2016, 8:06 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@Iojovi I know what you mean. Rey's introduction gets sadder each time I watch it. Her loneliness is so tangible.
@BastilaBey

A lot of the discussion here revolves around bringing Ben back to the light, and how unhappy he must be in his current state. Rey's story though is so sad beyond words. She won't be just the one to save him, nor he the one to save her. They'll save each other and that's a beautiful thing.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Mon 24 Oct 2016, 8:12 pm

IoJovi wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:@Iojovi I know what you mean. Rey's introduction gets sadder each time I watch it. Her loneliness is so tangible.
@BastilaBey

A lot of the discussion here revolves around bringing Ben back to the light, and how unhappy he must be in his current state. Rey's story though is so sad beyond words. She won't be just the one to save him, nor he the one to save her. They'll save each other and that's a beautiful thing.
@IoJovi

What I'm hoping is we'll get some visceral loneliness in VIII. In VII we have Ben saying how lonely, afraid, and desperate she is but the "meet Rey" sequence presents someone who is tough and optimistic looking despite her circumstances. I want to see what Ben saw.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 24 Oct 2016, 9:18 pm

Those eye hearts are enormous on my new 60" tv. It's the first thing I zero in on...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 25 Oct 2016, 12:27 am

Anybody see this video? It was on Vimeo but author deleted his account

Video explores Rey's isolation

Where the video gets interesting is in its examination of Rey in relation to other people, places, and things. In a lot of ways, both good and bad, Rey stands alone. Her growth as a character who is able to lean on friends when she needs and yet remembers she can stand on her own is well illustrated by both the interactions and dialogue delivered through the plot as well as the thought and imagination that go into each of these shots.

Ray Solo - how framing shows her isolation

In every one of the shots highlighted, Rey is given the entire side of a screen to occupy by herself. She is placed in environments where she appears minuscule in comparison to the behemoth structures and ruins of the Galactic Empire behind her. The takeaway: she is comfortable taking on the universe alone.

Also this blogger has some interesting theories, but still better than the usual interpretations

There had been an awakening - Rey needs to be evil

Loneliness: Rey was abandoned on a junkyard planet with no one but her boss to take care of her. This abandonment clearly takes a toll on her psyche, as Kylo Ren notes when he probes her mind and discovers that “[She’s] so lonely.” Though there might have been several motives for this abandonment (some of which are explained when looking at Kylo Ren’s possible transformation this solitude on unruly Jakku still exposed her to harassment, exploitation, and abuse that she dealt with by beating her fellow desert-dwellers, like those trying to steal BB-8, into the ground. Over a decade of survival on this harsh planet would give Rey plenty of time to grow angry and resentful to her situation on Jakku. If part of the reason she seeks the people who left her on Jakku was because of a harmful rage against her abandoners, this could provide a thought-provoking internal conflict for Rey to come to terms with throughout the rest of the trilogy.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 25 Oct 2016, 10:59 am

Halloween ships Reylo!

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 30 Group%20%26%20Couple_Email_16_10_25?$fullsize$

http://www.spirithalloween.com/
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Tue 25 Oct 2016, 6:14 pm

vaderito wrote:Halloween ships Reylo!

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 30 Group%20%26%20Couple_Email_16_10_25?$fullsize$

http://www.spirithalloween.com/
@vaderito

Oh wow, putting them next to another canon couple and then saying "perfectly paired" niiiiiiiice
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 25 Oct 2016, 6:17 pm

@Xylo Ren Who's the other couple?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Tue 25 Oct 2016, 6:27 pm

vaderito wrote:@Xylo Ren Who's the other couple?
@vaderito

Those characters from "Nightmare Before Christmas". I've never seen the movie (creepy af and not my cup of tea) but I know they were in love. I looked up their names: Jack Skellington and Sally.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 30 KqdIrQ
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 25 Oct 2016, 6:48 pm

Aw it's not creepy! At least not creepy if you dig Kurt Weill or Hugo Von Hoffmannstahl (which I do). They're the angst ridden king of Halloween who's having an identity crisis and the patchwork doll held under the control of an evil scientist who loves him from afar

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Tue 25 Oct 2016, 6:56 pm

snufkin wrote:Aw it's not creepy! At least not creepy if you dig Kurt Weill or Hugo Von Hoffmannstahl (which I do). They're the angst ridden king of Halloween who's having an identity crisis and the patchwork doll held under the control of an evil scientist who loves him from afar

@snufkin

I love Nightmare Before Christmas! Jack and Sally are a great pairing, and this film basically inspired a whol generation of Hot Topic shoppers, lol.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 25 Oct 2016, 7:04 pm

Moonjump05 wrote:

@snufkin

I love Nightmare Before Christmas! Jack and Sally are a great pairing, and this film basically inspired a whol generation of Hot Topic shoppers, lol.
@Moonjump05

Hahahaha! Too true, maybe it's too goth for the Disney store to sell the merchandise, so that's why it's at Hot Topic. I saw it on the big screen for Halloween on year with full sound at the creepy old Egyptian Theater in Seattle. Supposedly Danny Elfman has done the full orchestra and vocals (he was Jack and Catherine O'Hara was Sally) in LA.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 25 Oct 2016, 7:13 pm

Oh, I've never seen that movie. I know it's iconic and a must see for Halloween but I've never seen it.never thought it's a romance!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 25 Oct 2016, 7:29 pm

@vaderito hope you weren't spoiled by the clip! It looks like some theaters here in the States are showing it on Halloween, so you might be able to catch it on the big screen, which is worth it. I saw it as a 70mm print in a classic old theater, which was memorable.

The score is really the best thing about it, Danny Elfman does it all in the vein of Kurt Weill's Three Penny Opera - which is why Disney turning the characters it a crap novelty merchandising juggernaut is so bizarre. And I checked, he's doing it with a full orchestra at the Hollywood Bowl this weekend.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 30 Hb_tnbc_950x347_02
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Tue 25 Oct 2016, 7:33 pm

I'm really happy....after a long wait, I got an old copy of an RPG game guide (legends).... based on what I have read so far, there is a character called a "tainted jedi" which I think might be similar to a "fallen jedi" (PH's description of Kylo). While the book is legends, the guidelines for characters and situations is similar to what is found in canon.

Succumbing to the dark side turns Force-sensitive characters into sinister reflections of their former selves. As characters gain Dark Side Points, they fall farther and farther from the light side of the Force, eventually becoming pawns of the dark side.

This could explain Kylo's angry outbursts, pallid complexion and sad eyes.....Ben Solo might be the opposite of Kylo Ren.

When a character has performed enough dark deeds, or has called upon the dark side too many times, he is in danger of becoming lost to the dark side. The rewards are tempting enough to blind him to the drawbacks, but he still has time to atone for his misdeeds.

I still feel he is losing control of himself and the dark side is taking over.... Ben might be tying to gain something from being with Snoke but Han's death was a big wake up call that he is losing control....hence, the unraveling afterwards.

As characters slip farther and farther into evil, the dark side takes a stronger hold. Once heroes cross over, they are effectively lost to the dark side. Only truly epic acts of heroism and atonement can bring them back from the darkness.

Kylo can still be the hero of the trilogy (even after Han's death) but he needs to perform an epic act of heroism...which means either killing/defeating Snoke or saving the galaxy in some other manner....it has to be some act that has significant impact on the galactic balance. (The game never mentions redemption by death so he definitely can live and be fully redeemed).

This book might also offers some explanation for Snoke calling Kylo to him...and its possible consequences for episodes 8 and 9....I'll need to read more.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Wed 26 Oct 2016, 12:15 am

snufkin wrote:
Moonjump05 wrote:

@snufkin

I love Nightmare Before Christmas!  Jack and Sally are a great pairing, and this film basically inspired a whol generation of Hot Topic shoppers, lol.
@Moonjump05

Hahahaha! Too true, maybe it's too goth for the Disney store to sell the merchandise, so that's why it's at Hot Topic. I saw it on the big screen for Halloween on year with full sound at the creepy old Egyptian Theater in Seattle. Supposedly Danny Elfman has done the full orchestra and vocals (he was Jack and Catherine O'Hara was Sally) in LA.
@snufkin

I guess great minds think alike!  Shop at Hot Topic!

Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 26 Oct 2016, 2:23 pm

Not sure where to put this article from Making Starwars, but it is interesting....
I am wondering if there could be parallels about Kylo/Anakin and Snoke/Palpatine relationship. Also I wonder if in episode 8, that Luke is like the Mace Windu to Kylo/Anakin?

Is Ashoka in the prequels? I don't remember her.....

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/10/you-seek-knowledge-compassion-is-not-one-of-the-jedis-strongest-traits/

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next