Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3

+56
Cowgirlsamurai
Acritiqua
Blood Moon
jakkusun
bossbaby
Xylo Ren
BenOrgana
teltaru
Darth_Awakened
snufkin
Reylo Lemon
MindAndMagic
Hasi
IoJovi
Piper Maru
Reynak
vaderito
Armadeus
Darth Dementor
Irina de France
ISeeAnIsland
Kessel
Helix
Krafty
Kyla Ren
SkyStar
nemapasara
motherofpearl1
kroi
Geralt_Riv
FrolickingFizzgig
reylo1992
AceofWands
Moonjump05
guardienne
ZenBrainJam
LondonGal555
ZioRen
CienaRee
SanghaRen
Lily Snape
Birdwoman
Jakku
Rei of Sunshine
panki
EchoBase
Saracene
Darth Dingbat
spacebaby45678
SoloSideCousin
nonesuch
Gemini
BastilaBey
BenRey
Rimfaxe96
Mana
60 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3

Post by snufkin Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:48 pm

guardienne wrote:

this is pretty ancient but i've only discovered this channel 3 days ago and ... well, i'm delighted.

@guardienne

Dang, that is an executive summary not just of who the character is, but how you depict a character like that (action not exposition), and how you make a presentation/speech quickly and effectively. Including his point about the influence Kasdan and Kennedy had on the storytelling and presentation by reigning in Abram's bad habits as a director. Better than any of the more high profile theories floating out there on YouTube.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3

Post by guardienne Wed 11 Jan 2017, 2:10 am

@snufkin i've been perusing the channel for a bit now and i love it very much. he doesn't talk more about star wars but yesterday i watched a thing about a text adventure that mimics depression and ... there is a video about the context of writing. and i think the man loves meta-commentary.

so i love the man. i forget how much meta-commentary there is in TFA.
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 18 Jan 2017, 10:33 am

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/01/episode-165-makingstarwars-nets-now-this-is-podcasting/

Episode VIII rumors starts at 39:00.

The Bolivian photo of starship lead to speculation of the new planet (not Dubrovnik planet!) Jason heard of. It seems it stands for FO planet.
It is very interesting. However as usual I need help - because I can not concentrate on every word (more than usual, I'am sick with cold).

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 18 Jan 2017, 10:44 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:http://makingstarwars.net/2017/01/episode-165-makingstarwars-nets-now-this-is-podcasting/

The Bolivian photo of starship lead to speculation of the new planet (not Dubrovnik planet!) Jason heard of. It seems it stands for FO planet.
It is very interesting. However as usual I need help - because I can not concentrate on every word (more than usual, I'am sick with cold).

@Darth_Awakened

Omg you guessed it right @nonesuch @BastilaBey
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 18 Jan 2017, 11:06 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:http://makingstarwars.net/2017/01/episode-165-makingstarwars-nets-now-this-is-podcasting/

@Darth_Awakened

It could be a planet in the Unknown Regions.....maybe the resistance is taking the fight to the FO?

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Wed 18 Jan 2017, 11:13 am

I went to Bolivia a few years ago on vacation and camped in the salt desert. It is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, eerily calm, and it fits the FO aesthetic.

It would be awesome to see it on the big screen.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 18 Jan 2017, 11:31 am

I think they're going to combine Bolivia's salt desert with the Iceland's material for that FO planet.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 18 Jan 2017, 11:52 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

Omg you guessed it right @nonesuch @BastilaBey
@Maria Antonietta

Aha, see! Sometimes Reddit rumors have something to them Wink
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Wed 18 Jan 2017, 1:36 pm

Piper Maru wrote:I went to Bolivia a few years ago on vacation and camped in the salt desert. It is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, eerily calm, and it fits the FO aesthetic.

It would be awesome to see it on the big screen.
@Piper Maru

Lucky you! I'm doing South America travel brochure at work right now, and came across the images of Bolivian salt plains for the first time; they're utterly stunning. Would be a great location in SW.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 18 Jan 2017, 2:24 pm

@Darth_Awakened

Other than the "new planet" (which Jason said would likely be a First Order planet and have the snowtroopers, etc), the other VIII tidbit was that they talked a bit more about Kylo's personal TIE fighter. Based on what Jason saw, he speculated that Kylo's fighter would be large enough to accommodate multiple people (hmmmm...). Or at the very least, it was large enough to carry a pilot + cargo.

So, it wouldn't be a direct clone of Vader's ship, which we all know only carried a pilot.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 18 Jan 2017, 2:37 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

Other than the "new planet" (which Jason said would likely be a First Order planet and have the snowtroopers, etc), the other VIII tidbit was that they talked a bit more about Kylo's personal TIE fighter. Based on what Jason saw, he speculated that Kylo's fighter would be large enough to accommodate multiple people (hmmmm...). Or at the very least, it was large enough to carry a pilot + cargo.

So, it wouldn't be a direct clone of Vader's ship, which we all know only carried a pilot.
@ISeeAnIsland

Finn and Poe stole a 2-seater special Forcers TIE fighter in TFA..... I had wondered about this while reading the TFA novel- why such a TIE fighter (reserved for the FO elite) was left unguarded, and the hangar door  left open, facilitating Finn and Poe's escape.....it would be interesting if it belonged to Kylo (and they didn't want to reveal this to the audience).

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3 - Page 11 F9ec134fa936cce0d6b10e79d6fcfa06

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 18 Jan 2017, 2:58 pm

As I recall they called Kylo's ship TIE ADVANCED -I was able to pick only that before they slipped into further fanboy conversation on various cool models.

Sleep
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 18 Jan 2017, 3:01 pm

Why a tie fighter if he's got a limo? lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 18 Jan 2017, 3:06 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:Why a tie fighter if he's got a limo? lol!
@Maria Antonietta

Maybe the limo has been confiscated from him. lol
Or the limo is FO military vessel and TIE is Kylo's private.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 18 Jan 2017, 3:07 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:As I recall they called Kylo's ship TIE ADVANCED -I was able to pick only that before they slipped into further fanboy conversation on various cool models.

Sleep
@Darth_Awakened

Right. It's a different model than the one that Poe and Finn stole.

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 18 Jan 2017, 3:30 pm

MSW podcast... at the 1 hour, 47 minute mark...

Pod People:

Someone (from here?) wrote in and asked that assuming that Kylo is redeemed, if she isn't family, what role do they see Rey playing in Kylo's redemption?

The guys danced around the question, bringing up things like, well, she could still be a Skywalker but not Luke's daughter... Or there would be some deep unknown connection.

I think they're clearly avoiding bringing up Reylo at this point. Jason isn't stupid. I don't think that it's that they aren't aware of it...they just don't want to open that can of worms by even mentioning it as a possibility.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 18 Jan 2017, 3:37 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:MSW podcast... at the 1 hour, 47 minute mark...

Pod People:

Someone (from here?) wrote in and asked that assuming that Kylo is redeemed, if she isn't family, what role do they see Rey playing in Kylo's redemption?

The guys danced around the question, bringing up things like, well, she could still be a Skywalker but not Luke's daughter... Or there would be some deep unknown connection.

I think they're clearly avoiding bringing up Reylo at this point. Jason isn't stupid. I don't think that it's that they aren't aware of it...they just don't want to open that can of worms by even mentioning it as a possibility.
@ISeeAnIsland

I agree. They have mentioned the "possibility" in their own fanboy way for too many times until now - even before TFA and I do think they're absolutely aware of it.

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 18 Jan 2017, 3:38 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:MSW podcast... at the 1 hour, 47 minute mark...

Pod People:

@ISeeAnIsland

I agree. They have mentioned the "possibility" in their own fanboy way for too many times until now - even before TFA and I do think they're absolutely aware of it.

@Darth_Awakened

Right. They used to joke around about it. The joking seemed to stop around the time that they started getting harassed on social media and in emails about it. I can't blame them for wanting to avoid the topic altogether.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 18 Jan 2017, 3:38 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:As I recall they called Kylo's ship TIE ADVANCED -I was able to pick only that before they slipped into further fanboy conversation on various cool models.

Sleep
@Darth_Awakened

The TIE fighter that Finn and Poe stole wasn't a standard TIE fighter or something commonly available (which is why I suspect it might have belonged to Kylo).

It was called the TIE/sf Space Superiority fighter and was definitely a step up from regular TIE fighters, as well as Vader's TIE Advanced x1.

The Space Superiorty Fighter has better sensors, weaponry and most important of all- it had hyperdrive capability....regular TIE fighters don't normally have hyperdrives and they only seat one person (even the TIE Advanced only had limited hyperdrive capability).

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Wed 18 Jan 2017, 3:49 pm

Sleep
@Darth_Awakened

So it's basically the combi-van among TIE's? Laughing

The salt-planet-rumor is quite interesting. Who would have thought that we'd see a planet which looks even more hostile to life than Jakku?
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sun 22 Jan 2017, 7:54 am

Salt planet. Is that a metaphor for the SW fandom post-TFA?
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sun 22 Jan 2017, 8:03 am

Irina de France wrote:Salt planet. Is that a metaphor for the SW fandom post-TFA?
@Irina de France

It is now Razz
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sun 22 Jan 2017, 9:06 am

Rimfaxe96 wrote:

Sleep
@Darth_Awakened

So it's basically the combi-van among TIE's? Laughing

The salt-planet-rumor is quite interesting. Who would have thought that we'd see a planet which looks even more hostile to life than Jakku?
@Rimfaxe96

Salt planet? You mean the episode 8 shoot in Bolivia? I wonder if it is supposed to be an ice planet bordering the Unknown Regions? Or maybe it is a planet destroyed in an ancient battle/disaster like Jakku, Concord Dawn, Malachor etc were destroyed.

Last edited by panki on Sun 22 Jan 2017, 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 22 Jan 2017, 9:11 am

Irina de France wrote:Salt planet. Is that a metaphor for the SW fandom post-TFA?
@Irina de France

ba-da-tssss lol! lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 22 Jan 2017, 4:21 pm

Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next