Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3

+56
Cowgirlsamurai
Acritiqua
Blood Moon
jakkusun
bossbaby
Xylo Ren
BenOrgana
teltaru
Darth_Awakened
snufkin
Reylo Lemon
MindAndMagic
Hasi
IoJovi
Piper Maru
Reynak
vaderito
Armadeus
Darth Dementor
Irina de France
ISeeAnIsland
Kessel
Helix
Krafty
Kyla Ren
SkyStar
nemapasara
motherofpearl1
kroi
Geralt_Riv
FrolickingFizzgig
reylo1992
AceofWands
Moonjump05
guardienne
ZenBrainJam
LondonGal555
ZioRen
CienaRee
SanghaRen
Lily Snape
Birdwoman
Jakku
Rei of Sunshine
panki
EchoBase
Saracene
Darth Dingbat
spacebaby45678
SoloSideCousin
nonesuch
Gemini
BastilaBey
BenRey
Rimfaxe96
Mana
60 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 14 Mar 2017, 6:33 pm

Anyone listen to this week's MSW NTIP yet? I have not yet had a chance, but apparently, Jason discusses the possibility of a FinnTran romance? Anything new worth discussing?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3

Post by kroi Tue 14 Mar 2017, 8:47 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Anyone listen to this week's MSW NTIP yet?  I have not yet had a chance, but apparently, Jason discusses the possibility of a FinnTran romance? Anything new worth discussing?
@ISeeAnIsland

Didn't listen to whole thing so I missed the supposed FinnTran discussion... apparently an 'Anti' on another board posted that Jason said that he hadn't heard from sources that a love story between them is happening but another poster said that Jason made a 'joke' basically saying it's Finn & Tran unless... she's not into guys?

The parts I heard myself were them discussing the Disney shareholder clips (not much to add there except that they feel Luke asking "Who are you?" of Rey doesn't prove he's not her dad cause it would've been so long since he'd seen her), the new weapon Phasma has (eh, pretty vague), and finally the Pod People section where two of three guys answered a question that they think Rey is 'Random' and the third said 'somehow related to the Skywalkers'.

They then got into a discussion about what's up with Luke in TLJ... something about him being depressed and things they've heard out of context as well as his decision to finally train Rey. There was also some talk about him maybe meeting someone like a Mara Jade Rolling Eyes but deciding NOT to be like his dad so he doesn't marry/have a family, and now realizes he could've had a better life if he did... all speculation about his characterization of course.

Eh, overall I didn't really enjoy this one, pretty used to their 'humor' & language but some of it was just too crude for me. There was a funny part where they say it's a musical where the Convorees sing The Who's 'Who are you?' lol!
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Mar 2017, 9:53 pm

@kroi

Thanks for the breakdown! I can 100% understand Luke being depressed - I mean, his best friend had just died, which he most likely sensed just as Leia did. Sad

I think there is ZERO foreshadowing about Luke having met a woman or looking for his lost daughter. Everything in TFA about Luke tells us that he's been committed to the Jedi path. Even his disappearance is accounted for: he's been looking for the first Jedi temple.

The theory of Rey being Luke's daughter is based purely on wishful thinking at this point. There is truly nothing that supports it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Tue 14 Mar 2017, 10:50 pm

I just wish they would outright debunk the reywalker theory.....

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 15 Mar 2017, 1:27 am

I also listened to bits, but the ramble was too much. There was a question about love couples forming in the movie and they said Finn and KMT and then joked about Stormpilot and Kylux. They discussed about how it is strange that since Disney has taken over, there have been less romantic love in the franchise. They talked a bit about Finn and Rey and that being more - omg she is beatiful from Finn's side, not developing like real feelings similar to when Luke first saw Leia.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Mar 2017, 10:13 am

Birdwoman wrote:I just wish they would outright debunk the reywalker theory.....
@Birdwoman

Oh, in a way they have. Again and again. Same goes for Rey Solo, but people ignore that. It's reached a point where the most die-hard Rey Related fans are actively dismissing even the canon novels as meaningless, but you know they'd be all over those if there were even a crumb of Reywalker evidence in them.

Also, a thought occurred to me...there was a spoiler some time ago that Rey gets frustrated with Luke's teachings. Yet, she had no problem picking up skills directly from Kylo's mind, without even needing to train. It's also stated several times in the databank that Rey and Kylo have a connection.

I'm not sure if I've seen this get discussed, but it makes no sense to me that Rey would struggle to learn from a parent, with whom she should have a similar bond if not stronger than with her 'cousin'. Once again it screams that Rey and Luke are not related, thus her connection with Kylo can't be familial either.

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:03 am

WhatGirl wrote:
Birdwoman wrote:I just wish they would outright debunk the reywalker theory.....
@Birdwoman

Oh, in a way they have. Again and again. Same goes for Rey Solo, but people ignore that. It's reached a point where the most die-hard Rey Related fans are actively dismissing even the canon novels as meaningless, but you know they'd be all over those if there were even a crumb of Reywalker evidence in them.

Also, a thought occurred to me...there was a spoiler some time ago that Rey gets frustrated with Luke's teachings. Yet, she had no problem picking up skills directly from Kylo's mind, without even needing to train. It's also stated several times in the databank that Rey and Kylo have a connection.

I'm not sure if I've seen this get discussed, but it makes no sense to me that Rey would struggle to learn from a parent, with whom she should have a similar bond if not stronger than with her 'cousin'. Once again it screams that Rey and Luke are not related, thus her connection with Kylo can't be familial either.
@WhatGirl

This. Reywalker has been debunked repeatedly at nauseam. It's no longer even a shock when I see it-it's just pure comedy and entertainment. The only thing that remains the same is those who refuse to acknowledge it, or ignore it. What's kind of disheartening for me though is when I still see Reylo shippers outside this forum who are still doubtful that what they saw on screen in TFA was an accident. Hint - it wasn't.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:07 am

Like, I can almost understand why people still believe in Reywalker, but Rey Solo? Come on. It has been debunked a hundred thousand gazillion times already.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3 - Page 20 Giphy
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:23 am

@Irina de France Purely from observation, fans who aren't invested in the parentage itself, but need it for some other goal, are more stubborn in holding onto their parentage theory, than fans who simply read the movie a certain way but don't have a primary agenda ( propping OT character, easy fix for Skywalkers, give OT characters a good kid, shipping, anti-shipping) that the theory makes possible. Like, if you are an anti-Reylo first and foremost, so Rey Solo/Skywalker sinks that ship, you are likely to hold onto one of these theories. Likewise, there's this special breed of Kylo Redemptionists who believe that only the loss of his little sister could excuse him, make him sympathetic and ultimately redeem him. So they hold onto Rey Solo not because they care for parentage, but because it makes their primary goal (Kylo redemption) possible. Likewise, Reylos are more likely to be stubborn about Rey Random or Kenobi or Anyone But SkySolo.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:46 am

If it weren't for the Internet, I never would've even considered the possibility that Rey's mysterious missing parentage "had" to be Luke. There just wasn't anything, especially once she comes up against Kylo, which would make me think so. However what there was a Hell of a lot in the story to make me think that there was something being set up between the two of them that meant more than just plucky underdog heroine versus evil, heartless bad guy.The only argument I can see in favor of Reywalker is corporate conservationism. That Disney would want to keep traditionalist fans happy by making her a literal proxy for their hero.  Not to mention the "he killed my childhood fave and should be punished" mindset.  

There's also the entitled fans mindset, especially from people who aren't content to just dislike the PT. They have treat it as some kind of personal betrayal and very loudly complain about it as a point of honor. Given how he's very much like one of the main characters in the PT and there's really only one female character he doesn't just interact with, but makes elevator eyes at, that seems to cue a lot of objections. It isn't so much about those two characters, but a proxy war for PT grievances. Just like how wanting Rey to be Luke's kid is a proxy war for OT nostalgia.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 15 Mar 2017, 12:28 pm

The biggest paradox of Rey Related is the fact that NO ONE would speak about it after TFA if it wasn't forthe original trilogy and the mystery about Luke's daddy Vader.

The focus of TFA is clearly not on the identity of Rey's mysterious parents. Nothing suggests that the events she was pulled in have anything to do with her origin. Her powers yes, but not an origin.
Although, I do believe that the mystery of her parentage would be revealed in future films - I still don't think so it would be crucial (it would be just another rehash of the OT).

The whole hysteria around Rey and her origin is the result of the fans' speculations and nothing more at that's how I see it.

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Wed 15 Mar 2017, 1:46 pm

WhatGirl wrote:@kroi

Thanks for the breakdown! I can 100% understand Luke being depressed - I mean, his best friend had just died, which he most likely sensed just as Leia did. Sad

I think there is ZERO foreshadowing about Luke having met a woman or looking for his lost daughter. Everything in TFA about Luke tells us that he's been committed to the Jedi path. Even his disappearance is accounted for: he's been looking for the first Jedi temple.

The theory of Rey being Luke's daughter is based purely on wishful thinking at this point. There is truly nothing that supports it.
@WhatGirl

No problem! Smile Yeah, the thing about him not recognizing his daughter was during the shareholder clip discussion (and more along the lines of this isn't a slam dunk proving she's not his kid) & the meeting a 'Mara Jade' type/breaking up before having a family part was closer to the end, but it was so frustrating because just last week he was going on about how there's no 'Mara Jade' character & Luke isn't Rey's dad!! Rolling Eyes
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Sat 18 Mar 2017, 7:27 pm

Listening to the new Blue Harvest with Jason Ward guest starring and I love the Zeroh shade. I find the statement Jason makes about 'having a lot of info' on TLJ interesting, maybe he really is holding back a lot due to potential fan responses.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 18 Mar 2017, 7:46 pm

Helix wrote:Listening to the new Blue Harvest with Jason Ward guest starring and I love the Zeroh shade. I find the statement Jason makes about 'having a lot of info' on TLJ interesting, maybe he really is holding back a lot due to potential fan responses.
@Helix

If you look at what happened to Jason when he revealed Luke would only appear at the end of TFA for 30 seconds, and would have no lines, it's not surprising he'd be careful about what he releases, particularly if it's Reylo related. Given the hate the idea of a love story between Rey and Kylo gets in many corners of the fandom, I'm not surprised he'd be wary.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 18 Mar 2017, 8:03 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Helix wrote:Listening to the new Blue Harvest with Jason Ward guest starring and I love the Zeroh shade. I find the statement Jason makes about 'having a lot of info' on TLJ interesting, maybe he really is holding back a lot due to potential fan responses.
@Helix

If you look at what happened to Jason when he revealed Luke would only appear at the end of TFA for 30 seconds, and would have no lines, it's not surprising he'd be careful about what he releases, particularly if it's Reylo related. Given the hate the idea of a love story between Rey and Kylo gets in many corners of the fandom, I'm not surprised he'd be wary.
@IoJovi

Outside of Reylo, the other thing that he might have info on that he's probably wary about is any sort of dark(-ish) or crazy Luke. Given that he got death threats for leaking that Luke only had a cameo in TFA, I'm sure he's thought twice about revealing any info that indicates that Luke might not be the same RoTJ Luke that many of the fanboys are hoping for.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sat 18 Mar 2017, 8:53 pm

I really believe Jason knows relevant stuff and that's why he's comfortable talking about Reylo or at least showing superficial support. He wouldn't do it if he didn't know what he was talking about. He also wouldn't throw so much shade at Rey Skywalker Laughing
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:24 pm

I think Jason definitely knows something about the storyline in regards to Rey and Kylo that he hasn't fully disclosed yet.  He already said Rey doesn't want to kill Kylo, but he also indicated several months ago that there was info he heard about Rey and Kylo - where he said it was not romance news, but something (which is unexpected?)...

It makes me think he heard something happens that indicates Rey and Kylo are not going to be just pure adversaries in TLJ.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:30 pm

Kessel89 wrote:I think Jason definitely knows something about the storyline in regards to Rey and Kylo that he hasn't fully disclosed yet.  He already said Rey doesn't want to kill Kylo, but he also indicated several months ago that there was info he heard about Rey and Kylo - where he said it was not romance news, but something (which is unexpected?)...

It makes me think he heard something happens that indicates Rey and Kylo are not going to be just pure adversaries in TLJ.
@Kessel89

I remember that podcast. I was under the impression this was linked to the hut-slayer rumor where Rey and Kylo were having a conversation and Luke is unhappy about what they're talking about, to put it mildly... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:50 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:I think Jason definitely knows something about the storyline in regards to Rey and Kylo that he hasn't fully disclosed yet. He already said Rey doesn't want to kill Kylo, but he also indicated several months ago that there was info he heard about Rey and Kylo - where he said it was not romance news, but something (which is unexpected?)...

@Kessel89

I remember that podcast. I was under the impression this was linked to the hut-slayer rumor where Rey and Kylo were having a conversation and Luke is unhappy about what they're talking about, to put it mildly... Laughing
@IoJovi

Yup, based on things that he's hinted about in other podcasts (and possibly anticipating negative reactions), I'd guess that Jason knows something about the following:

1. Unhinged Luke.
  2. FinnTran romance. (I do get the feeling that he has something fairly concrete there that he hasn't told. He just seems very confident about it.)
  3. Rey and Kylo team up/become allies at some point. (I don't get the feeling that he knows anything concrete about romantic Reylo, but he's made off-hand comments that make me think that the general story is heading in the general direction of them becoming allies at least...which certainly could lay the groundwork for romantic Reylo.)
  4. Rey's parentage: He's so confident in Rey Random that while I don't believe he knows her actual parentage, I do believe that he concretely knows that she isn't a Solo or a Skywalker.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sat 18 Mar 2017, 11:04 pm

@WhatGirl

If Luke was looking for or missing a daughter that is something that would have to be set up in the very first movie. That what it's for: to introduce the audience to the new characters and lay the groundwork for all the players upcoming arches and motivations.

Once you get to the second part of the act the time for introduction, of major characters, has passed and is solely focusing on the their conflicts and ways they try to resolve it. There is no way to introduce Luke's "wife; baby's mama; egg donor (whatever you'd have to call her) And flesh her out in a meaningful way for her to connect with the audience. Not to mention covering how her and Luke met; fell in love; why she isn't with Luke now; and why she allowed Rey to be abandoned on Jakku? That alone would take up most of the movie.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sat 18 Mar 2017, 11:06 pm

Darth Dementor wrote:

@WhatGirl

If Luke was looking for or missing a daughter that is something that would have to be set up in the very first movie. That what it's for: to introduce the audience to the new characters and lay the groundwork for all the players upcoming arches and motivations.

Once you get to the second part of the act the time for introduction, of major characters, has passed and is solely focusing on the their conflicts and ways they try to resolve it. There is no way to introduce Luke's "wife; baby's mama; egg donor (whatever you'd have to call her) And flesh her out in a meaningful way for her to connect with the audience. Not to mention covering how her and Luke met; fell in love; why she isn't with Luke now; and why she allowed Rey to be abandoned on Jakku? That alone would take up most of the movie.
@Darth Dementor

I'm at a point where I think fanboys believe Luke is so awesome he probably conceived Rey on his own, was pregnant with her and gave birth to her like the Jedi boss he is.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sat 18 Mar 2017, 11:34 pm

@Irina de France that would still be step above her being a clone of Anakin or Luke. And the antis accuse us of coming up with convoluted theories. Laughing
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sat 18 Mar 2017, 11:42 pm

Irina de France wrote:
Darth Dementor wrote:

@WhatGirl

@Darth Dementor

I'm at a point where I think fanboys believe Luke is so awesome he probably conceived Rey on his own, was pregnant with her and gave birth to her like the Jedi boss he is.
@Irina de France

Now that's a movie I wanna see... it's be kinda like the movie 'Junior' only more silly... if that is even possible Razz
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sun 19 Mar 2017, 8:16 am

If Rey was a Skywalker, they'd use the novels as a way to foreshadow her family and plant clues for the fans. They could've written a pregnant woman in the epilogue (or even in a prologue set in the future) who disappeared, a baby girl born in difficult conditions, Luke interacting with some mysterious woman and being smitten by her... And yet, there's absolutely nothing.

We have a book called BLOODLINES about the SKYWALKER BLOODLINE and absolutely no mention of Rey and her possible parents. This speaks volumes, and I don't know why the fans who have access to this material ignore it.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 19 Mar 2017, 8:25 am

Jason says in the podcast that they were able to put together a coherent synopsis once they saw the trailer for TFA. So I'm thinking that he's sitting on stuff that could make more sense to him once he sees it in the trailer because visual can explain something that dry words cannot. 

I also think that stuff that he revealed so far gives credibility to Bothan Spy. For example, Finn knocking off Phasma's arm doesn't make sense if you think Phasma with a blaster (holds with two hands). But Phasma with a spear (holds with one hand)? Absolutely.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum