Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3

+56
Cowgirlsamurai
Acritiqua
Blood Moon
jakkusun
bossbaby
Xylo Ren
BenOrgana
teltaru
Darth_Awakened
snufkin
Reylo Lemon
MindAndMagic
Hasi
IoJovi
Piper Maru
Reynak
vaderito
Armadeus
Darth Dementor
Irina de France
ISeeAnIsland
Kessel
Helix
Krafty
Kyla Ren
SkyStar
nemapasara
motherofpearl1
kroi
Geralt_Riv
FrolickingFizzgig
reylo1992
AceofWands
Moonjump05
guardienne
ZenBrainJam
LondonGal555
ZioRen
CienaRee
SanghaRen
Lily Snape
Birdwoman
Jakku
Rei of Sunshine
panki
EchoBase
Saracene
Darth Dingbat
spacebaby45678
SoloSideCousin
nonesuch
Gemini
BastilaBey
BenRey
Rimfaxe96
Mana
60 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3 - Page 19 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3

Post by snufkin Tue 07 Mar 2017, 7:56 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:On the subject of Rey's lineage, Jason said that he "doesn't think she's related to anyone" (no surprise there). He did say something that grabbed my attention, in that he "doesn't know if she's a Cinderella or a Snow White" and brought up the Snow White/huntsman scenario that we've discussed here.

He also made the good point that assuming that she's unrelated to anyone, it was a mistake by LF to not at least make her character's last name public, because that's what's caused all of the speculation about her being a Skywalker or a Solo to get out of hand.

ETA: This was around the 2 hour: 35 minute mark.

@ISeeAnIsland

Even Cinderella and Snow White had last names !

Or at least if it's the Snow White scenario, then her parents have to tie in with some thread in the overarching story to explain how she ended up on Jakku. Otherwise they could've just had her be like Han, where you can sort of figure out what background he comes from just from the character. But otherwise who he is and what his role is in the story has nothing to do with his family. Although I guess we're getting that now with an origin story movie and the news that Ben carries his last name.

(at least until Disney decided to do an origin story movie).

Regardless, it's my one year anniversary of seeing TFA and falling down the rabbit hole of just trying to confirm that I hadn't misread what was being set up for those two characters. Like others have said, maybe the factor is those of us who didn't go in with preconceived notions or expectations were more flexible in looking at what happened between all of the characters? Just interesting that it's taken a year for people to finally start considering/discussing it. Mystery Box bears some responsibility but in the current tin foil hat environment of the Internet, some fans share in the blame too.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3 - Page 19 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3

Post by ZioRen Tue 07 Mar 2017, 8:29 pm

The points Jason brought up make me wonder just how much better and more in-depth speculation for the trilogy would have been over this past year if the Rey parentage mystery wasn't there. Right now, that and Snoke takes up most fans' mental power, sadly.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Tue 07 Mar 2017, 8:45 pm

Piper Maru wrote:
Helix wrote:
Piper Maru wrote:
@WhatGirl

Agreed. I think people give no credit to the idea of Rey being a 'random' because they feel her parents are going to be unimportant.
Whoever her parents are, they are directly associated with the rise of the FO and Luke Skywalker. That's why Rey's path crosses the Skywalkers.

I wrote a long post about this on tumblr, but I think it'd be a smart movie (and a fresh take) to show the Skywalkers from an outside perspective. The prequels and the original trilogy told the story of the ascension, the disgrace and the redemption of the Skywalkers through Anakin and Luke. And now everything went to hell AGAIN.

I think it's time to show how the Skywalkers affect the galaxy in a different way. Rey would be perfect for this. She is not a Skywalker, but their actions changed her whole life. This is important, specially in the current state of the universe. I mean, the Skywalkers achieved God-like status ("Luke Skywalker??? I thought he was a myth!"), it's time to see how this family changed the galaxy.
@Piper Maru

Imp parents will also be a big blow to Rey, but she could possibly move on easier after the initial blow. It would be harder to on from loving parents who made bad decisions. If her parents weren't really the best people...
@Helix

Oh defintely.

The reveal of her parentage must help her to grow as a character. If her parents are 100% nice people, that wouldn't work. I can see two options: her parents were evil OR her parents were killed by Luke/the Resistance.
@Piper Maru

I kind of think it might be both, that her parents were dark siders or some kind of Imperial/First Order sympathizers and that Luke or the Resistance had something to do with their demise.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 08 Mar 2017, 1:55 am

Helix wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:On the subject of Rey's lineage, Jason said that he "doesn't think she's related to anyone" (no surprise there). He did say something that grabbed my attention, in that he "doesn't know if she's a Cinderella or a Snow White" and brought up the Snow White/huntsman scenario that we've discussed here.

He also made the good point that assuming that she's unrelated to anyone, it was a mistake by LF to not at least make her character's last name public, because that's what's caused all of the speculation about her being a Skywalker or a Solo to get out of hand.

@ISeeAnIsland

Really. This whole annoying lineage thing could've been avoided. Imagine a world without parentage drama...

Same thing happened with Finn despite him being a stolen 'Trooper kid. Never forget Finn Calrissian.

I'm assuming this is pretty much excluding all known characters and her family will be important to this story. Like I mentioned before with the Ersos.
@Helix

LOL
You just made my day with it. And suddenly brought John Lennon in my mind. Utopia!
Back on the topic: After more than a year I really tend to think that very simple answer is the solution.
Given that Rey has been left with Unkar Plutt I really can't imagine her parents (?) or fosters (?) as people of good intentions.
Darksiders, pirates or any other "scum" is very probable answer - at least I see it that way (and I could be wrong either).

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Wed 08 Mar 2017, 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 08 Mar 2017, 2:00 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:
Helix wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

Really. This whole annoying lineage thing could've been avoided. Imagine a world without parentage drama...

Same thing happened with Finn despite him being a stolen 'Trooper kid. Never forget Finn Calrissian.

I'm assuming this is pretty much excluding all known characters and her family will be important to this story. Like I mentioned before with the Ersos.
@Helix

LOL
You just made my day with it. And suddenly brought John Lennon in my mind. Utopia!
Back on the topic: After more than a year I really tend to think that very simple answer is the solution.
Given that Rey has been left with Unkar Plutt I really can't imagine her parents (?) or fosters (?) weren't people of good intentions.
Darksiders, pirates or any other "scum" is very probable answer - at least I see it that way (and I could be wrong either).
@Darth_Awakened

Also her clothes don't give a rich vibe, so either she was kidnaped or her parents dumped or maybe even sold her. That would be heartbreaking.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Wed 08 Mar 2017, 6:35 am

If I'm not mistaken, in Rey's Survival Guide they mention that she was abandoned wearing a battle dress.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 08 Mar 2017, 7:34 am

Piper Maru wrote:If I'm not mistaken, in Rey's Survival Guide they mention that she was abandoned wearing a battle dress.
@Piper Maru

This is what makes me wonder whether she is (1) Nightsister or (2) one of the Hux doctrine children, and here is why:

1. Nightsister and Nightbrother acolytes were given the rank of assassin or warrior once they fought fellow initiates or their own intructor in a trial called the Test of Fury. In TCW, Ventress has to undergo these tests to become a Nightsister assassin after completing these tests....but these tests would normally have been taken by initiates at a younger age....this would explain Rey's battle dress and give her dark origins.

2. In the Servants of the Empire: Secret Academy, we are told how Brendol Hux trained his students. He would pick the most promising and ruthless of the children, give them special treatment and training.....also separating them from the others. However to join the group, one had to kill another low-performing candidate....this ensured the most feral and ruthless children survived. Again, it would explain Rey's battle dress and link her to the FO or an imperial background.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 10 Mar 2017, 8:29 am

Scavenger's Hoard is on the shortlist for 2 Star Wars Podcast Awards! We are in the categories 'People's Choice' and 'New Show'. Thank you to everyone who took the time to nominate us, we really didn't expect this. Please vote if you love the show!

http://www.starwarspodcastawards.com/single-post/2017/03/09/Vote-in-the-2017-Star-Wars-Podcast-Awards
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 10 Mar 2017, 8:32 am

BastilaBey wrote:Scavenger's Hoard is on the shortlist for 2 Star Wars Podcast Awards! We are in the categories 'People's Choice' and 'New Show'. Thank you to everyone who took the time to nominate us, we really didn't expect this. Please vote if you love the show!

http://www.starwarspodcastawards.com/single-post/2017/03/09/Vote-in-the-2017-Star-Wars-Podcast-Awards
@BastilaBey

Congratulations!
I'll tweet the link as soon as I'am home!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Fri 10 Mar 2017, 9:18 am

BastilaBey wrote:Scavenger's Hoard is on the shortlist for 2 Star Wars Podcast Awards! We are in the categories 'People's Choice' and 'New Show'. Thank you to everyone who took the time to nominate us, we really didn't expect this. Please vote if you love the show!

@BastilaBey

Congratulations!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 10 Mar 2017, 10:17 am

@BastilaBey

Voted and congrats!

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3 - Page 19 Giphy
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 10 Mar 2017, 11:08 am

The Rey lineage discussion has been moved here

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 10 Mar 2017, 1:08 pm

@BastilaBey

Congratulations!!!! And I have voted!
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Fri 10 Mar 2017, 2:10 pm

@BastilaBey

Yaaay, voted! You guys are the best!
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 10 Mar 2017, 2:20 pm

@BastilaBey

Voted! Congratulations, and best of luck - you deserve to win Smile
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 10 Mar 2017, 2:26 pm

Voted! cheers
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 10 Mar 2017, 2:35 pm

Congratulations!! Voted Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Fri 10 Mar 2017, 4:26 pm

yyyaaaaaaass VOTED!
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sat 11 Mar 2017, 1:08 am

Voted too! Smile That is so awesome, hope you win!
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty Sat 11 Mar 2017, 6:59 am

I voted! Very Happy
I love your podcasts!
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 13 Mar 2017, 11:37 am

Thanks everyone for voting! We really appreciate your support.

Our new episode is now up on YouTube, with guests @ohtze and @ashesforfoxes

Also on iTunes and soundcloud Smile
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 13 Mar 2017, 12:12 pm

BastilaBey wrote:Thanks everyone for voting! We really appreciate your support.

Our new episode is now up on YouTube, with guests @ohtze and @ashesforfoxes

Also on iTunes and soundcloud Smile
@BastilaBey

This is a masterpiece. cheers
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Mon 13 Mar 2017, 12:27 pm

@BastilaBey
Can't wait to finish listening while I am cooking food for the kid's teachers today!!

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 13 Mar 2017, 12:30 pm

This is my third listening. Very Happy
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Mon 13 Mar 2017, 12:35 pm

Can't wait for the second part cheers
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next