Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts

+61
Apriljandy
Blood Moon
californiagirl
MeadowofAshes
Riri
roguepixie
Darth_marshmallow
special_cases
rawpowah
Teo oswald
thescavenger
IoJovi
nickandnora
12 Parsnips
JustMe
Starliteprism
Let The Past Die
cherrylipstick
giaciak2
Dar-ren19
rey09
lauvamp
MrsWindu
Night Huntress
SheLitAFire
BigDeal2187
shii405
RKR Connection
MyOnlyHope
PalmettoBlue
bashfulblueeyes3
DeeBee
FrolickingFizzgig
Moonlight13
Geralt_Riv
Man Without A Star
tukicarreno
AceofWands
Lily Snape
Cowgirlsamurai
Helix
Kessel
Acritiqua
Darth Dementor
Star Wars Connection
KnightsofReyloRen
Reylo Lemon
panki
Birdwoman
MindAndMagic
nonesuch
spacebaby45678
Mana
Little_Boots
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
EchoBase
vaderito
BenRey
Force22
Darth Rowan
65 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 10 Empty Re: Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts

Post by DeeBee Sat 17 Feb 2018, 7:08 pm

@Star Wars Connection
Wonderful latest podcast - as always!

I have a question.. is there any SWC podcasts about Reverse Anidala?
Or which focus on the Prequel trilogies at all?
Just wondering..
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 10 Empty Re: Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts

Post by Darth Rowan Sat 17 Feb 2018, 7:23 pm

rey09 wrote:
ALSO omg I freaked out when the Mariah Carey song I Still Believe came up beccausee I recently discovered my love for that song and I kept thinking omg this is my reylo ballad right here!! And then it's mentioned here! Glad I wasn't the only one wooh!!

If anyone needs a beautiful uplifting reylo song, this is IT!

And after all this time you think that I wouldn’t feel the same
But time melts into nothing, nothing's changed
I still believe
Someday you and me
Will find ourselves in love again

I had a dream
Someday you and me
Will find ourselves in love again

@rey09

OMG YASSS, I'm glad I'm not the only one! *high five*
That song belongs on the Reylo playlist for sure. We're releasing a Reylo playlist episode soon, btw. <3

@DeeBee, the Reylo101 podcasts tackle reverse Anidala and similarities between the ST/OT/PT.

The Anidala specific part starts at 4:43.

Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 17 Feb 2018, 7:24 pm

Darth Rowan wrote:

@DeeBee, the Reylo101 podcasts tackle reverse Anidala and similarities between the ST/OT/PT.

The Anidala specific part starts at 4:43.

@Darth Rowan

thanks for your help!  Very Happy
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 17 Feb 2018, 7:41 pm

@Darth Rowan omgg no way!! That makes me soo happy. I was listening to it this morning, pretending that I had her amazing voice (sadly no Sad )

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Mon 19 Feb 2018, 9:38 pm

@Star Wars Connection

I used a site online and made an audio only feed for podcast app users. I wanted your permission first before I shared it.
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection Tue 20 Feb 2018, 5:52 pm

BenRey wrote:@Star Wars Connection

I used a site online and made an audio only feed for podcast app users. I wanted your permission first before I shared it.
@BenRey

Hi BenRey, we will PM you. Thanks!
Star Wars Connection
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLlbPGNQ9_GMfOMxAhUm9Hg

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection Fri 02 Mar 2018, 10:54 pm

Star Wars Connection
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 03 Mar 2018, 5:07 am

FINALLY! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sat 03 Mar 2018, 5:13 am

Amazing episode! Loved some thoughts about Leia, they changed some of my theories lol. flower : bounce bounce
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Sat 03 Mar 2018, 6:04 am

I enjoyed it a lot I love you I really can't wait to hear about your novel analysis!!!! Stretcher

Again, I'm really grateful to see my stuff there Embarassed
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Wed 07 Mar 2018, 11:10 am

I'm loving the latest podcast!

But I do have a question: Will the Connection be doing a discussion on TLJ novelization? I read it and am dying to talk about it, listen to thoughts about it, etc....
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 07 Mar 2018, 11:18 am

Oh, I totally forgot to comment on the last one! I LOVED it (I always love your podcasts but this one in particular!).

I'm team Benperor but I enjoyed to hear arguments and discussions from the "Renperor team" and certainly understand their points.

I think both scenarios are possible and I can live with both of them if it's done well. Thumbs up
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Sat 10 Mar 2018, 4:10 am

Finally got around to listening to this, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you to all involved.

At the moment I'm swaying between renporer and benporer.  Would that be bRenporer lol!
As I listened to each argument the teams put forward, I was like, yes that makes sense, then the other team put their ideas forward, I'm like OK that sounds good too. Obviously I'm too indecisive   So I'm still at the bRenporer position.
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 10 Mar 2018, 7:00 am

PalmettoBlue wrote:I'm loving the latest podcast!

But I do have a question: Will the Connection be doing a discussion on TLJ novelization? I read it and am dying to talk about it, listen to thoughts about it, etc....
@PalmettoBlue
Hoping I'm not overstepping by replying but I can guarantee that there will be a video about the novelization soon. It may not be exactly what you're thinking of, though (re: a discussion-style podcast). If there's interest in that afterward, however, I'm sure it can be arranged.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Sat 10 Mar 2018, 12:08 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig That sounds intriguing! I'll take anything, but I'm also hoping for a discussion style as well. Smile
I'll look for it!
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 11 Mar 2018, 6:24 pm

Star Wars Connection wrote:
Renperor vs Benperor: Supreme Leader Kylo Ren in Epsiode IX

Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 10 Screen11
Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 10 Tumblr_inline_p4zypng43Y1uoaptn_540
Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 10 Screen12
Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 10 Tumblr_inline_p4zy23VGgA1uoaptn_540
Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 10 Screen13
Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 10 Tumblr_inline_p4zyzxziEz1uoaptn_540
Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 10 Screen14
Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 10 Tumblr_inline_p4zxsgg72c1uoaptn_540
Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 10 Screen15
Source: http://starwarsconnection.tumblr.com/post/171471955059/renperor-vs-benperor-supreme-leader-kylo-ren-in
@Star Wars Connection

Hiya Star Wars Connection!
I really need to watch this episode again but I just wanted to say - I really enjoyed the discussion format. I'm a big fan of exploring and then forming my own picture of how things could unfold (while not holding on to anything too tightly).
Maybe us on the forum need to start a thread to discuss SWC podcast content? rather than putting thoughts here?

Oh one quick question - I heard from someone in the latest, a random quick reference to Kylo/Ben being 'sexually abused' - can someone clarify this for me? what is this based on?
At the moment I'm seeing Kylo/Ben as being 'abused' by Snoke, my impression is that it was physical and psychological abuse. I would not identify 'sexual abuse' based on what I've seen so far. If I've missed something in all the materials I'd love to hear more about it. Thanks!
Keep up the great work!!!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Thu 29 Mar 2018, 2:30 pm

I hope you delight us with a new episode soon cat (no pressure)
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection Mon 02 Apr 2018, 8:12 pm

DeeBee wrote:
Hiya Star Wars Connection!
I really need to watch this episode again but I just wanted to say - I really enjoyed the discussion format. I'm a big fan of exploring and then forming my own picture of how things could unfold (while not holding on to anything too tightly).
Maybe us on the forum need to start a thread to discuss SWC podcast content? rather than putting thoughts here?

Oh one quick question - I heard from someone in the latest, a random quick reference to Kylo/Ben being 'sexually abused' - can someone clarify this for me? what is this based on?
At the moment I'm seeing Kylo/Ben as being 'abused' by Snoke, my impression is that it was physical and psychological abuse. I would not identify 'sexual abuse' based on what I've seen so far. If I've missed something in all the materials I'd love to hear more about it. Thanks!
Keep up the great work!!!
@DeeBee

We're glad you liked the episode!
When it comes to threads, we feel less is more. We definitely welcome in depth discussion of the episodes, and they can be discussed right here - this thread is for announcement of new episodes and discussion of our podcasts. ^^

With regards to your comment about not picking up on Snoke sexually abusing Kylo: our general disclaimer is that SWC is made up of many individuals with different cultural and professional backgrounds, and that leads to different interpretations and opinions. The sexual abuse angle is the personal take on the matter of some, not all, of our speakers. Here is what Felix said to address the question in our YT comment section:

Thank you for the question! It should be clarified that the sexual abuse aspect is subtext, not that Snoke necessarily literally molested Ben Solo. In children's film and literature, often the text is for the kids and the subtext is for the adults. In fact, fairy tales have a long standing tradition of including sexual predation subtext (think of the big bad wolf in Little Red Riding Hood). Some aspects that create a subtext of sexual predation are Snoke's proximity and caressing Rey's face (which you can infer he's also done to Ben in the film and actually does to Ben in the novelization), his clothing that is modeled to remind of Hugh Hefner as per Andy Serkis, and the lines "old man Snoke's boudoir (a term for a bedroom that has a particularly sexual connotation), "young Solo/Rey", and "come closer, child". This creates a tragic subtext of a boy being preyed upon and his parents, not knowing why he has angry outbursts, becoming frightened, "talking about him as if he were a monster" (as per the novelization) and sending him away. In this regard, the subtext both adds to Ben's characterization and tragic back story and is a cautionary tale for parents. Tina, Isa, and I will be exploring this to an extent in our Visual Storytelling in the Last Jedi episode.

@lauvamp yay, new episode is up! See below. ^^

Star Wars Connection
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection Mon 02 Apr 2018, 8:13 pm

Strap yourself in, sweetheart! This episode's dynamic duo, Mary and Felix, go full on fangirl over the Solo trailer. The girls talk Lando Calrissian, potential father son parallels, femme fatales, nefarious villains, and what in the galaxy happened to that brand spanking new Millenium Falcon. To sum it up, we have a good feeling about this movie.

Important heads up: this discussion CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR STAR WARS: REBELS. If you haven't seen the series finale of Rebels, you may want to skip from 16:12-16:40 of this discussion.

Credits:
Speakers: Felix, Mary
Video editing: Emma

Our TLJ novelization episode(s) are in the works. Stay tuned for more!
Star Wars Connection
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Mon 02 Apr 2018, 9:24 pm

@Star Wars Connection - thanks! All sounds great Smile
Keep up the great work!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection Sun 15 Apr 2018, 5:13 pm

The Last Jedi Novelization: A Tipsy Review

Thirsty? Yeah, us too. In today's episode, the ladies of SWC invite special guests Rey, Finn, Ben, Poe, and General Leia of The Farce Awakens to sip wine and discuss the saucier bits of the sequel trilogy novelizations.

From Kylo Ren's sex-tinged Deep Thoughts Stargazing Monologue to the explosive climax of Ben and Rey's battle for his family phallic symbol, Tina, Felix, Michelle, and Irina are determined to get to the bottom of our favorite characters' motives... and the wine bottle. Don't be afraid; we feel the buzz too.

Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 10 Giphy

This episode was made in collaboration with The Farce Awakens. Subscribe to them for hilarious Star Wars content!

Last edited by Star Wars Connection on Sun 15 Apr 2018, 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Star Wars Connection
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 15 Apr 2018, 5:15 pm

Thirsty? Yeah, us too. In today's episode, the ladies of SWC invite special guests Rey, Finn, Ben, Poe, and General Leia of The Farce Awakens to sip wine and discuss the saucier bits of the sequel trilogy novelizations.

From Kylo Ren's sex-tinged Deep Thoughts Stargazing Monologue to the explosive climax of Ben and Rey's battle for his family phallic symbol, Tina, Felix, Michelle, and Irina are determined to get to the bottom of our favorite characters' motives... and the wine bottle. Don't be afraid; we feel the buzz too.

This episode was made in collaboration with The Farce Awakens. Subscribe to them for hilarious Star Wars content!
@Star Wars Connection

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

cheers cheers cheers

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sun 15 Apr 2018, 5:25 pm

Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 15 Apr 2018, 5:58 pm

Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 10 Giphy

@Star Wars Connection

That was awesome and hilarious guys! Great job!
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sun 15 Apr 2018, 6:34 pm

Awesome work, guys!
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next