Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

+89
Little_Boots
reylo1992
TheLastJedi
colibri
TheBastardofMandalore
Casper
Blood Moon
adamdrivershair
CienaRee
Sylvia Snow
Krafty
Lovely_Rose
RosiePancake
Ben-Solo
Marie Ren
Forsythia
Darth Rowan
Darth Dementor
Anakin Skywalker
BenRey
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
nite0wl29
4forYouRey-lolo
Armadeus
Cowgirlsamurai
tukicarreno
Airemyn
Mana
Night Huntress
Man Without A Star
Moonlight13
Millicent the Cat
guardienne
Kessel
Tex
Lily Snape
Angel Of Iego
rey09
Kylo Men
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
ReyofLightSide
Marchtwin
Piper Maru
Kyla Ren
Gemini
Xylo Ren
darthbutterfingers
Rimfaxe96
Geralt_Riv
Moonjump05
spacebaby45678
jakkusun
MindAndMagic
Reylo Lemon
Hasi
Magnolia_3.0
bossbaby
EchoBase
SheLitAFire
MyOnlyHope
MeadowofAshes
Irina de France
Helix
Reylo4life
Darth Dingbat
fuhry
MoonFyre
SkyStar
motherofpearl1
Rei of Sunshine
ZioRen
Darth_Awakened
AceofWands
vaderito
IoJovi
Acritiqua
snufkin
nemapasara
Rogue Rey
FrolickingFizzgig
panki
Saracene
DarthRen
Reynak
SanghaRen
Birdwoman
Jakku
93 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 27 Apr 2017, 4:11 pm

snufkin wrote:If it's deliberately meant to parallel the similar shot of Finn from the TFA trailer, that's a moment of him coming back into consciousness after having been through a rigorous ordeal (escaping with Poe). It's also the moment when he comes to in this new identity he's claiming for himself and leaving behind his past/presuppositions from the First Order. So maaaaybe whatever Rey experiences/sees changes everything for her?
@snufkin

You mean, like finding out that Ben didn't go all Anakin 2.0 at the Jedi temple? And perhaps there was something a bit shady about Luke in connection with what went down? scratch
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 27 Apr 2017, 4:12 pm

@ISeeAnIsland - it may turn out that she left her asthma inhaler on the Falcon and that's why she's wheezing, from doing all those steps. But I think that's got to be part of what happens in the story, women always figure out the truth and they've certainly hinted that Luke the reality is going to be very different from Luke the myth.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara Fri 28 Apr 2017, 11:00 am

If anyone's interested in hearing the piano version of the trailer music:

nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Fri 28 Apr 2017, 12:33 pm

nemapasara wrote:If anyone's interested in hearing the piano version of the trailer music:

@nemapasara

Now I'm not some music expert, but we've always understood that the music itself tells more about the story than we know. JW has always made his music to reflect the story and characters.

I love how the theme in this video starts off with that mysterious lilt then proceeds to Jedi Steps which is Binary Sunset mixed with Rey's Theme (the one similar to BATB)

Then after a pause we get the 5 key notes of The Scavenger and Kylo's leitmotiff, which is notably followed by a uplifting refrain before going back to an intense version of Binary Sunset that cuts to the March of the Resistance and ends again with Binary.

I don't understand how music is made, cut and editted, and I know it's been editted that way to fit the trailer scenes, but to me that uplifting refrain after Kylo's Leitmotiff is a hopeful hint as to where his story is going. Jedi Steps is the Ruke theme and we all know there will be some training happening, but having Binary Sunset sound so intense and ominous for the entire trailer likely hints at Luke's disposition for the story, unlike Binary Sunset in ANH that sounded so wistful and melancholic.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 28 Apr 2017, 12:54 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
nemapasara wrote:If anyone's interested in hearing the piano version of the trailer music:

@nemapasara

Now I'm not some music expert, but we've always understood that the music itself tells more about the story than we know. JW has always made his music to reflect the story and characters.

I love how the theme in this video starts off with that mysterious lilt then proceeds to Jedi Steps which is Binary Sunset mixed with Rey's Theme (the one similar to BATB)

Then after a pause we get the 5 key notes of The Scavenger and Kylo's leitmotiff, which is notably followed by a uplifting refrain before going back to an intense version of Binary Sunset that cuts to the March of the Resistance and ends again with Binary.

I don't understand how music is made, cut and editted, and I know it's been editted that way to fit the trailer scenes, but to me that uplifting refrain after Kylo's Leitmotiff is a hopeful hint as to where his story is going.
Jedi Steps is the Ruke theme and we all know there will be some training happening, but having Binary Sunset sound so intense and ominous for the entire trailer likely hints at Luke's disposition for the story, unlike Binary Sunset in ANH that sounded so wistful and melancholic.
@Rei of Sunshine

I am just like you.  I don't know enough about music to make serious judgments.  In fact, you picked up some stuff that I didn't.  But I definitely picked up the bolded.

I know that @Xylo Ren, who does know music, had written something about Rey's theme "correcting" Kylo's or something about a non-dissonant union of both themes.  @Xylo Ren, need your expert input here! Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Fri 28 Apr 2017, 1:31 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@nemapasara

I don't understand how music is made, cut and editted, and I know it's been editted that way to fit the trailer scenes, but to me that uplifting refrain after Kylo's Leitmotiff is a hopeful hint as to where his story is going. Jedi Steps is the Ruke theme and we all know there will be some training happening, but having Binary Sunset sound so intense and ominous for the entire trailer likely hints at Luke's disposition for the story, unlike Binary Sunset in ANH that sounded so wistful and melancholic.
@Rei of Sunshine

Oh, thank you! Someone else who hears that as somewhat bittersweet. I got ganged up on once for suggesting it was anything other than hopeful.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Fri 28 Apr 2017, 1:37 pm

I always knew I heard Rey's theme in the trailer! SW doesn't mess around when it comes to music.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Fri 28 Apr 2017, 1:49 pm

Moonjump05 wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@nemapasara

@Rei of Sunshine

Oh, thank you!  Someone else who hears that as somewhat bittersweet.  I got ganged up on once for suggesting it was anything other than hopeful.
@Moonjump05

I guess they focused more on the idea of Luke becoming a Jedi. But those first few notes are way too low to even sound hopeful. There is indeed a victorious and adventurous feeling as the music crests. But Binary Sunset always sounded like the character is suddenly burdened with a heavy responsibility yet overcomes the difficulties and is successful somehow. 

Especially during the snow fight, when Rey catches the saber and Binary starts to play, it felt more like "You have the burden now" rather than "I choose you Skywalker!"
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Fri 28 Apr 2017, 2:47 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
Moonjump05 wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@nemapasara

@Rei of Sunshine

Oh, thank you!  Someone else who hears that as somewhat bittersweet.  I got ganged up on once for suggesting it was anything other than hopeful.
@Moonjump05

I guess they focused more on the idea of Luke becoming a Jedi. But those first few notes are way too low to even sound hopeful. There is indeed a victorious and adventurous feeling as the music crests. But Binary Sunset always sounded like the character is suddenly burdened with a heavy responsibility yet overcomes the difficulties and is successful somehow. 

Especially during the snow fight, when Rey catches the saber and Binary starts to play, it felt more like "You have the burden now" rather than "I choose you Skywalker!"
@Rei of Sunshine

In ANH especially as well, since Luke has been rejected in the quest and angrily looks out to the sunset to what could have been.

Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Fri 28 Apr 2017, 3:51 pm

Omg I'm in love with that stormtrooper.  affraid

I will now have this on repeat...

THERE IT IS THOUGH at 1:00 in!

You can see Kylo's note ends on a B natural, and then he plays a C Major chord with Kylo's note (the seventh) added in!!!! (It's played by his right hand ring finger!).

This is what I was talking about a few days back!!! The music basically suggests the chord is balanced with Kylo's inclusion! cheers cheers cheers

Last edited by Xylo Ren on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Fri 28 Apr 2017, 3:56 pm

I can't believe I got that seventh inclusion right...like it was tricky, at first I thought it was just a normal C major chord (C-E-G) but I had to listen to it several times to hear the added B.

Amazing! The Cinnamon Apple Sly Fox strikes again!

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 10 Sly_fox_is_sly_by_frostola-d5613i8
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Fri 28 Apr 2017, 4:05 pm

This is the conversation from the Predictions Thread I meant if anyone's like what the heck is she talking about lol.

"
IoJovi wrote:
shii405 wrote:This thread is gold!!

Xylo Ren wrote:23. Rey will be torn between Luke and Kylo (teaser poster, MSW leaks)
Omg, I have this particular dramatic scene I keep imagining that might happen at the end of TLJ related to this idea. (well ofc we all know which side Rey choose in the end, in my head haha)

I also foresee a music theme entitled "Balanced Force" or "Light and Darkness." But if Mr. Williams title it simply "Reylo" i'll be dead, lol. Whatever it is, I'm very optimistic Reylo will get a theme!
@shii405

They're central to the trilogy, and the ones who will continue the Skywalker line after all is said and done.  John Williams HAS to give them their own theme!!!
@IoJovi

Time for my music prediction. Let's see what we have here...

To begin with...THE TRAILER

Rey's theme during "The light" and Kylo's during "The darkness"

and then we get this gorgeously satisfying chord when they show the books before she says "The balance".

That chord resolves Kylo's theme which just ended on the note B and the chord resolves a half step up to C major. This is moving from scale degree 7 to scale degree 1 (the dominant note in the key), which means we're moving from dissonance (unstable sounding) to consonance (more final or stable sounding).

The music foreshadows both Rey and Kylo will bring resolution and balance to the Force because the tones literally resolve.

After the chord hits at the books shot they add in the seventh B! That's the note Kylo's theme starts and ends on seconds before!

Fascinating!

Chord is at 0:58, Kylo's note sneaks back in at 1:00

"
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Fri 28 Apr 2017, 4:07 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:I can't believe I got that seventh inclusion right...like it was tricky, at first I thought it was just a normal C major chord (C-E-G) but I had to listen to it several times to hear the added B.

Amazing! The Cinnamon Apple Sly Fox strikes again!

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 10 Sly_fox_is_sly_by_frostola-d5613i8
@Xylo Ren

What am I hearing at min 0.40, right after the force theme, somehow it reminds me of Kylo's theme or is it Rey's? The notes are the same, aren't they?

Edit: okay, must be Rey's. But after hearing this piano version, I noticed how similar their themes are. Has anyone found the "music only" version of the trailer?

Last edited by EchoBase on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Fri 28 Apr 2017, 4:19 pm

@Echobase

Yeah, you hear the Force theme and then the tail end of Rey's theme starts at 0:38.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 30 Apr 2017, 4:25 pm

@nemapasara

Music at the start of the trailer is obi wan kenobi's theme from anh. Then we see rey suddenly appear.

Also hilariously enough this music plays when Luke says "is he a relative of yours?" "property of an obi wan kenobi"

Reys entire theme derives from this scene lmao
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Thu 04 May 2017, 9:33 pm

Awesome analysis on the music!

The case for I love you.  On the whispers in the trailer, when we see Leia, at first I heard I love you, then I heard Help me Oh (assuming it's going to be help me Obi-Wan). I was sure it was help me Obi-Wan. The other day I said the trailer had "I love you" then I wanted to facepalm myself because I had stopped hearing that.

But I started to look into this further. I think it's "I love you" because it matches Padme's pitch, speech and intonation, and doesn't really match Leia's. Another option is that it's both voices put together.

The twist will be Obidala and Luke, Leia, and Kylo will be Obi-Wan's kids and grandkid Laughing

Anyways, check it out. The whisper is here, at 46

Padme's "I love you" is here, at 23

Help me Obi-wan is here:

The whispers sound a lot more like Padme's voice. It would mean the 3 whispers would be about Vader. "I love you" (said to Anakin), then Vader's breath, then "seduced by the dark side". So it would be a snipped about Vader or about how Vader fell.
I think it goes well with the reversed Anakin theme about Kylo.

I know many blogs have reported that it's "Help me Obi-Wan" , but I don't think they have any insider info. They are just listening like us. I have awesome headphones. Either way, the comparison with the original voices sealed the deal for me.

And again, it could be the combination of the two voices, but then I can't make any sense out of it other than the shocking Obidala twist.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Fri 05 May 2017, 6:17 pm

Don't know if it was already posted somewhere. A parody of the poster someone tweeted to Dave Filoni featuring Kanan, Ezra and Sabine. No way Kanan is like TLJ's Luke, but still, nice one.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 10 Img_0635
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic Sun 07 May 2017, 2:22 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this, but it's truly hilarious: DR's reaction when being asked a question about the other two faces on the poster. Tricky question indeed! Smile I think it's one of the few ocassions where someone has asked a question like that and you can see she's kind of caught off guard at first.

I: So we saw the poster. What do we learn from that?
DR: From the poster!?
I: The poster, there's three faces on there, you're one of them. Can you tell us about the other two?
DR: Oh yeah. Well... well, the other two only have half their face and I have a full face in it so I'm totes doing my own thing.

P.S. I couldn't find a link to the full interview segment so I'm posting a link to the blog where it was originally mentioned instead.

http://manyymedia.tumblr.com/post/160298243876/im-totes-doing-my-own-thing
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 07 May 2017, 3:02 pm

MindAndMagic wrote:I wasn't sure where to post this, but it's truly hilarious: DR's reaction when being asked a question about the other two faces on the poster. Tricky question indeed! Smile I think it's one of the few ocassions where someone has asked a question like that and you can see she's kind of caught off guard at first.

I: The poster, there's three faces on there, you're one of them. Can you tell us about the other two?
DR: Oh yeah. Well... well, the other two only have half their face and I have a full face in it so I'm totes doing my own thing.

P.S. I couldn't find a link to the full interview segment so I'm posting a link to the blog where it was originally mentioned instead.

@MindAndMagic

She wasn't briefed for this kind of question lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 07 May 2017, 3:27 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:
MindAndMagic wrote:I wasn't sure where to post this, but it's truly hilarious: DR's reaction when being asked a question about the other two faces on the poster. Tricky question indeed! Smile I think it's one of the few ocassions where someone has asked a question like that and you can see she's kind of caught off guard at first.

@MindAndMagic

@Maria Antonietta

Clearly not! Laughing

I do remember seeing a clip of her being interviewed by someone at Celebration (at least, I think it was from Celebration), and the interviewer clearly caught her off guard, and she flat out answered, "I haven't been coached on how to answer that."

Poor Daisy. You can tell that she's so done with the parentage questions; however, she clearly has to dance around her answers in any interesting questions that she does get.

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 07 May 2017, 3:30 pm

I bet poor Daisy cannot WAIT for VIII to be released.  I remember Rian stating that *most* of the questions from TFA will be answered, we'll have a better sense of where the endgame of the story will wind up, and'll also know who to root for.  I personally think that last bit pointed directly at Kylo's redemption arc, so I got really excited by that quote.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 07 May 2017, 4:01 pm

o wow was wondering what happened to manyymedia guy. He hasn't made videos in months!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Sun 07 May 2017, 4:45 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:

@MindAndMagic

@Maria Antonietta

Clearly not!  Laughing

I do remember seeing a clip of her being interviewed by someone at Celebration (at least, I think it was from Celebration), and the interviewer clearly caught her off guard, and she flat out answered, "I haven't been coached on how to answer that."

Poor Daisy. You can tell that she's so done with the parentage questions; however, she clearly has to dance around her answers in any interesting questions that she does get.

@ISeeAnIsland

Do you remember what question they asked her when she said that?  I'm just curious.  It must be hard to constantly be bombarded with questions when you have to be really careful with your answers.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 12 May 2017, 7:01 pm

Found a lightened pic of the "burning temple" shot from the teaser trailer.

@Darth Dingbat, not that I ever doubted you, but yeah, this definitely looks like an explosion:

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 10 132

That definitely lends support that whatever happened there...it wasn't simply Ben going all Anakin 2.0 with his lightsaber.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 12 May 2017, 7:07 pm

Kyla Ren wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:

@MindAndMagic

@Maria Antonietta

Clearly not!  Laughing

@ISeeAnIsland

Do you remember what question they asked her when she said that?  I'm just curious.  It must be hard to constantly be bombarded with questions when you have to be really careful with your answers.
@Kyla Ren

I found the interview that I was thinking of. It was the short Steele Wars interview that she did. He asked her what sort of challenges Rey would face, and her answer started off with "I have not been briefed on that one..." before she started giving her answer. Here's the clip:

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/04/watch-daisy-ridley/
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next