Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

+89
Little_Boots
reylo1992
TheLastJedi
colibri
TheBastardofMandalore
Casper
Blood Moon
adamdrivershair
CienaRee
Sylvia Snow
Krafty
Lovely_Rose
RosiePancake
Ben-Solo
Marie Ren
Forsythia
Darth Rowan
Darth Dementor
Anakin Skywalker
BenRey
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
nite0wl29
4forYouRey-lolo
Armadeus
Cowgirlsamurai
tukicarreno
Airemyn
Mana
Night Huntress
Man Without A Star
Moonlight13
Millicent the Cat
guardienne
Kessel
Tex
Lily Snape
Angel Of Iego
rey09
Kylo Men
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
ReyofLightSide
Marchtwin
Piper Maru
Kyla Ren
Gemini
Xylo Ren
darthbutterfingers
Rimfaxe96
Geralt_Riv
Moonjump05
spacebaby45678
jakkusun
MindAndMagic
Reylo Lemon
Hasi
Magnolia_3.0
bossbaby
EchoBase
SheLitAFire
MyOnlyHope
MeadowofAshes
Irina de France
Helix
Reylo4life
Darth Dingbat
fuhry
MoonFyre
SkyStar
motherofpearl1
Rei of Sunshine
ZioRen
Darth_Awakened
AceofWands
vaderito
IoJovi
Acritiqua
snufkin
nemapasara
Rogue Rey
FrolickingFizzgig
panki
Saracene
DarthRen
Reynak
SanghaRen
Birdwoman
Jakku
93 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 18 Apr 2017, 11:53 pm

Reynak wrote:
Rogue Rey wrote:
IoJovi wrote:I love the left to right theory.  It makes sense because Ben is her future!!!  Jumping I love you
@IoJovi

Wasn't there a whole left to right thing in Rey's Force vision in TFA - her past was her turning one way (left I think) and Kylo always appeared when she turned the other way (right?)??  Or am I dreaming that up????

As a leftie I never take offence when people talk about history or religion depicting leftness as 'wrong', especially as people I know still actually make a fuss about my handiness - which I am proud of given as only something like 10% of the world pop. are lefties.  I just know that in the past I'd have been dunked as a witch - given that I am left handed, blonde, have grey/blue eyes and fair skin.  Not confirming if I'd have survived tho!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
@Rogue Rey

I think most of us would have been taken for witches in the old days, LOL. Witches were usually free spirited women and healers and there was nothing wrong with them but being different was seen as a problem then. They just didn't let people live their lives in peace.
@Reynak

Well, my fondness for cats, especially black ones, would have sent me to the stake definitely.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 18 Apr 2017, 11:58 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rogue Rey wrote:
Birdwoman wrote:Kylo looks super focused and ready to fight Rey.  Unlike in the snow fight, where you could tell he didn't really want to fight her....now he does want his revenge.  We will see how long that lasts.... Smile
@Birdwoman

My guess about one whole minute!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Lolilol
@Rogue Rey

Yeah, I personally have always doubted the full-on revenge rumor.  He didn't have hate for her at the end and even if Snoke does a big job on him, his self-loathing is probably going to be off the charts.  This is the dude who yelled "harder.''  Now seeing the trailer and poster and BTS photos with his "mournful warrior" look and his personally smashed helmet and the sad look of him on the poster, I doubt it even more now.  For all we know he may even think as far that he deserved it.  But with the addition of the books in the trailer, my belief that he had a mission other than revenge on Luke when he was searching for the "path to Skywalker" has gotten stronger.

This picture tells me that he definitely has a run-in with Rey, but at the same time he doesn't seem to be seething with anger.  Instead, he seems very focused.  To me it says that he will not underestimate her again, he will not be distracted by her again, and he wants to get to those books above all and is definitely not interested in her blocking his way with another face slash.  I don't think he wants to kill her.  I think he wants her to get out of his way because he has bigger fish to fry, namely the books.  But of course, she's going to say something that really throws him. Very Happy

Also, I think it's possible that this picture is not from the Rey fight either.  She's definitely there, because her lightsaber is in his eyes, but with all that fire, I really wonder if he is looking at Luke post-explosion.  You could interpret his very focused look as defensive as well.

Also, if there really is a second red lightsaber in this shot, then adding that to Rey's blue lightsaber, you could actually have three lightsabers, which could mean he and Rey might actually be on the same side and he could be defending her with utter focus.

There are just so many possibilities. Very Happy

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_ooeqr2fskN1taco63_540
@SoloSideCousin

You're helping to confirm my belief that he's after those books.

I could see a scenario where he shows up on Ahch-To hell-bent on getting his hands on those books (which would explain him showing up alone in his TIE fighter, not officially sanctioned by the FO). For whatever reason, Luke is aware that Kylo is on his way and tells Rey to prevent Kylo from getting to those books at all cost--even if it means killing him. At this point, Rey has had her vision where she knows what really happened with Luke's temple, and she's not inclined to kill Kylo...although she's still going to try to prevent him from getting his hands on the books.

The scene with Kylo pointing the lightsaber could even be something like him saying to Rey, "Step aside, I'm not after you; I just want those books."
@ISeeAnIsland

The way he's holding the lightsabre looks as if he's pointing it as something/someone rather than threatening to attack - he held it in the same way when he told Finn to give him Anakin's lightsabre.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:52 am

nemapasara wrote:I don't know if anyone's talked about this but that trailer was chock full of fire and water and I feel like this is something Rian's going to be playing with a lot, the use of natural elements to depict the mood throughout the movie. But it also reminded me of all the yin and yang talk. I may be talking nonsense but I've noticed a trend in Rey's and Kylo's energy based on the element they're in. Rey was at her most powerful during the snow fight. Kylo was his most powerful at the beginning of the movie, when he was surrounded by fire. If you look at the elements represented by yin and yang than you'd think that the opposite should be true. Starkiller Base was on a snow planet and drained the sun's energy to power their weapon. You'd think Kylo would be more in his element surrounded by snow but it's shown that it's when he's at his weakest. It's only when the sun completely goes out that he actually kills Han. So I find it interesting that it might start raining on Ahch-To when he arrives, it could be a hint that he's no longer in his element.
@nemapasara

This made me smile because Kylo to me has a strong Scorpio vibe which element is water and Rey has an Aries vibe which element is fire. So even when you apply astrological vibes to it, it is strangely reversed Smile
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 19 Apr 2017, 3:37 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:@SoloSideCousin

About young Ben being the one interested in balancing the force, and Luke fearing it.

It goes well with what Han said in TFA. "One boy, destroyed it all."

I can imagine young starry eyed Ben feeling like a genius when he realizes that the Light and the Dark can work together. He enthusiastically presents that to his uncle and parents who are immediately taken aback and react without even listening to his explanations.

Leia: Gasp! No Ben! Not the Dark Side!
[size=42]Luke: It leads to nothing good Ben! It will corrupt you![/size]
[size=42]Han: Aaargh! There's too much Vader in him![/size]

[size=42]So Ben is shunned and treated with kid gloves and they tiptoe around him like he'll Force choke them any moment. And Snoke, having been in his head always, waiting for the perfect moment to strike uses this opportunity to coax Ben. [/size]

[size=42]Snoke: They won't listen to you? Tell me. They don't appreciate your discoveries? I will. They don't understand your power? Share it with me. [/size]

Perhaps Ben bends a little towards Snoke, but by the Vader reveal, he'll be convinced entirely that his family were liars and hypocrites and he leaves? Is kidnapped? However it happened, he has certainly changed his loyalties

Spoilers say that Snoke is a materialist only interested in power, but not really some learned Dark sider. Maybe he wants to have Ben, the only force user to utilize both Light and Dark, on his side and so he can use that power someday.

For the OT3, they believe Ben has fallen. They think that what little Ben may have learned of the Dark Side has led to the ruin of Luke's new order. Han thinks only of Vader. While Leia is hopeful but only understands the Light side of Ben. "There's still light it him." may sound like the most hopeful phrase, but it still shows how both parents misunderstood their son.

Luke becomes jaded and as everything falls apart, he leaves. Maybe to continue looking for the mysteries of the Force. Maybe despite his researching, he still hasn't accepted the idea of a balance between Light and Dark. And if Kylo introduces this to Rey and Luke walks in on that, then we get angry Luke.
@Rei of Sunshine

It would be great if about their findings Ben was right in a way, but Luke was to stubborn to accept it. I just thought maybe he will admit that himself, but perhaps not at the start. If we consider that he still gives the "so much bigger" dialogue. I think Pablo tweeted something about that Star Wars always have been younger generations proving the older generations wrong. We know it is going to be Rey, but perhaps Ben already wanted to do that and was just pushed away.

SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonFyre Wed 19 Apr 2017, 4:38 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:@SoloSideCousin

About young Ben being the one interested in balancing the force, and Luke fearing it. 

It goes well with what Han said in TFA. "One boy, destroyed it all."

I can imagine young starry eyed Ben feeling like a genius when he realizes that the Light and the Dark can work together. He enthusiastically presents that to his uncle and parents who are immediately taken aback and react without even listening to his explanations.

Leia: Gasp! No Ben! Not the Dark Side! 
[size=42]Luke: It leads to nothing good Ben! It will corrupt you![/size]
[size=42]Han: Aaargh! There's too much Vader in him![/size]

[size=42]So Ben is shunned and treated with kid gloves and they tiptoe around him like he'll Force choke them any moment. And Snoke, having been in his head always, waiting for the perfect moment to strike uses this opportunity to coax Ben. [/size]

[size=42]Snoke: They won't listen to you? Tell me. They don't appreciate your discoveries? I will. They don't understand your power? Share it with me. [/size]

Perhaps Ben bends a little towards Snoke, but by the Vader reveal, he'll be convinced entirely that his family were liars and hypocrites and he leaves? Is kidnapped? However it happened, he has certainly changed his loyalties

Spoilers say that Snoke is a materialist only interested in power, but not really some learned Dark sider. Maybe he wants to have Ben, the only force user to utilize both Light and Dark, on his side and so he can use that power someday. 

For the OT3, they believe Ben has fallen. They think that what little Ben may have learned of the Dark Side has led to the ruin of Luke's new order. Han thinks only of Vader. While Leia is hopeful but only understands the Light side of Ben. "There's still light it him." may sound like the most hopeful phrase, but it still shows how both parents misunderstood their son.

Luke becomes jaded and as everything falls apart, he leaves. Maybe to continue looking for the mysteries of the Force. Maybe despite his researching, he still hasn't accepted the idea of a balance between Light and Dark. And if Kylo introduces this to Rey and Luke walks in on that, then we get angry Luke.
@Rei of Sunshine

Excellent thoughts on all of this. I could totally see some scenario like this happening, particularly if Kylo/Ben is more wizard/alchemist than warrior. With his tremendous mind powers, he perhaps could see things and make connections that Luke never could, even when young, and that would terrify the whole family and thus alienate him and push him to a waiting Snoke. But because Rey will be his mental equal, she will be able to "see things ... the balance" too. :-)
@SoloSideCousin

Interesting! Ben's fall and his rift with Luke were almost like what happened to Anakin and the Jedi Order. Obi-wan spoke of the Jedi as the ‘guardians of peace and justice’ but in reality in the prequels we found out that the Jedi were also close minded and arrogant. They believe only in the light that as a result they were blind to Palpatine and the dark side, and failed Anakin tremendously.

If Luke was freaking out (understandably) about the Dark Side and he wouldn't hear of Ben’s concerns and alternatives, well the divide between them made sense.

Then during his self exile, Luke probably learned all about how the Jedi fell and how they were blind to the Dark side. He finds out that he repeated the same mistakes of the Jedi Order which contributed to his father’s fall, and now he sees his part in alienating his nephew... that would cut him deep. No wonder he thinks that the Jedi should end.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place, Luke still hasn't accepted the idea of balance, and at the same time he understands that any order with only ‘light’ is bound to fail like what happened to the old Jedi order and his academy.

Maybe Rey's part in all of this is to somehow reconcile Luke and Ben, as well as their beliefs. Make Luke understand since Rey will be able to see things in Ben's point of view as his 'mental equal' like @SoloSideCousin said.
MoonFyre
MoonFyre
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara Wed 19 Apr 2017, 7:00 am

SanghaRen wrote:
nemapasara wrote:I don't know if anyone's talked about this but that trailer was chock full of fire and water and I feel like this is something Rian's going to be playing with a lot, the use of natural elements to depict the mood throughout the movie. But it also reminded me of all the yin and yang talk. I may be talking nonsense but I've noticed a trend in Rey's and Kylo's energy based on the element they're in. Rey was at her most powerful during the snow fight. Kylo was his most powerful at the beginning of the movie, when he was surrounded by fire. If you look at the elements represented by yin and yang than you'd think that the opposite should be true. Starkiller Base was on a snow planet and drained the sun's energy to power their weapon. You'd think Kylo would be more in his element surrounded by snow but it's shown that it's when he's at his weakest. It's only when the sun completely goes out that he actually kills Han. So I find it interesting that it might start raining on Ahch-To when he arrives, it could be a hint that he's no longer in his element.
@nemapasara

This made me smile because Kylo to me has a strong Scorpio vibe which element is water and Rey has an Aries vibe which element is fire. So even when you apply astrological vibes to it, it is strangely reversed Smile
@SanghaRen

if you look at yin (the water element), it is considered dark, cold and negative. Yang (the fire element), is considered light, sunny and positive. Where Kylo and Rey fit seems pretty clear but it's so interesting that they both are at their highest peaks in the other's element. It really is like a reverse and shows to me that Rey and Kylo are the two pieces when they talk about the balance between light and dark.

nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 19 Apr 2017, 7:47 am

nemapasara wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:
@nemapasara

@SanghaRen

if you look at yin (the water element), it is considered dark, cold and negative. Yang (the fire element), is considered light, sunny and positive. Where Kylo and Rey fit seems pretty clear but it's so interesting that they both are at their highest peaks in the other's element. It really is like a reverse and shows to me that Rey and Kylo are the two pieces when they talk about the balance between light and dark.

@nemapasara

Rey being on the island and seeing water also plays as Kylo having this presence that is all over, is connected with each character she has met and also haunts her dreams. Just like in the promotion of the movie, he is all over and at the same time has a mystery to itself, there is so much to discover in the deep waters. Like he is just there, she can not escape it, as the island shrinks and water takes all over. Right now we see only the surface of Kylo's story, but Rey will get under the water both literally and figuratively.

The natural elements also go well with "Letter Never Sent" and changing the weather to show the emotional state of characters.  In "Letter Never Sent" they specifically made the changing of the seasons unlogical to fit the emotional state of the characters. I wonder if we will have something similar to TLJ.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Wed 19 Apr 2017, 7:52 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rogue Rey wrote:
Birdwoman wrote:Kylo looks super focused and ready to fight Rey.  Unlike in the snow fight, where you could tell he didn't really want to fight her....now he does want his revenge.  We will see how long that lasts.... Smile
@Birdwoman

My guess about one whole minute!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Lolilol
@Rogue Rey

Yeah, I personally have always doubted the full-on revenge rumor.  He didn't have hate for her at the end and even if Snoke does a big job on him, his self-loathing is probably going to be off the charts.  This is the dude who yelled "harder.''  Now seeing the trailer and poster and BTS photos with his "mournful warrior" look and his personally smashed helmet and the sad look of him on the poster, I doubt it even more now.  For all we know he may even think as far that he deserved it.  But with the addition of the books in the trailer, my belief that he had a mission other than revenge on Luke when he was searching for the "path to Skywalker" has gotten stronger.

This picture tells me that he definitely has a run-in with Rey, but at the same time he doesn't seem to be seething with anger.  Instead, he seems very focused.  To me it says that he will not underestimate her again, he will not be distracted by her again, and he wants to get to those books above all and is definitely not interested in her blocking his way with another face slash.  I don't think he wants to kill her.  I think he wants her to get out of his way because he has bigger fish to fry, namely the books.  But of course, she's going to say something that really throws him. Very Happy

Also, I think it's possible that this picture is not from the Rey fight either.  She's definitely there, because her lightsaber is in his eyes, but with all that fire, I really wonder if he is looking at Luke post-explosion.  You could interpret his very focused look as defensive as well.

Also, if there really is a second red lightsaber in this shot, then adding that to Rey's blue lightsaber, you could actually have three lightsabers, which could mean he and Rey might actually be on the same side and he could be defending her with utter focus.

There are just so many possibilities. Very Happy

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_ooeqr2fskN1taco63_540
@SoloSideCousin

You're helping to confirm my belief that he's after those books.

I could see a scenario where he shows up on Ahch-To hell-bent on getting his hands on those books (which would explain him showing up alone in his TIE fighter, not officially sanctioned by the FO). For whatever reason, Luke is aware that Kylo is on his way and tells Rey to prevent Kylo from getting to those books at all cost--even if it means killing him. At this point, Rey has had her vision where she knows what really happened with Luke's temple, and she's not inclined to kill Kylo...although she's still going to try to prevent him from getting his hands on the books.

The scene with Kylo pointing the lightsaber could even be something like him saying to Rey, "Step aside, I'm not after you; I just want those books."
@ISeeAnIsland

The way he's holding the lightsabre looks as if he's pointing it as something/someone rather than threatening to attack - he held it in the same way when he told Finn to give him Anakin's lightsabre.
@motherofpearl1

"That scavenger, she belongs to me."
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 19 Apr 2017, 7:54 am

People are speculating over Kylo's scar...but I was re watching TFA the other night and I could have sworn Finn had a cut near his right eye after his fight with Kylo..
and in TLJ trailer, it was near his left eye.
So..I think the Finn scene was 'flipped'. Very Happy Very Happy
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Wed 19 Apr 2017, 11:22 am

I think it's likely Luke started his academy in a 'Beware the Dark Side, only the light' kind of attitude. Ben probably saw it differently and Luke probably counseled him to suppress the dark side within him.

I wonder how this conflict with Ben went, and how the destruction of Luke's Jedi temple happened. Han thinks that Ben 'destroyed it all' but keep in mind R2 has been silent, seemingly at Luke's request, since the destruction of the temple. And Han hasn't seen or talked to his son since then either. Could it be that Luke had a hand in the destruction? Maybe Luke grew frustrated with Ben defying him and/or leaving him and perhaps taking some of the artifacts and/or padawans with him... and maybe Luke lashed out with the force, possibly inadvertently destroying his own temple and killing the padawans himself?

That would explain why he would leave everything behind. He may have discovered that the original Jedi were much different than what he learned from Obi-wan. Perhaps they have always been protectors of political power, and the Sith merely protectors of a different political power. That both have caused chaos and destruction in the Galaxy.

Perhaps Luke will learn throughout the course of these two films that it's not necessarily time for the Jedi to end, but it's time for the Skywalkers to end. It takes a special kind of mind for a being to tap into and use the force. Yoda had that. Obi-wan had that, but was dogmatic in his loyalty to the Jedi. Remember, he had to convince Yoda to train Luke as a Jedi. Yoda didn't want to do it.

I think that it would be sad for the Jedi to end. I think it would be appropriate for the Skywalker lineage to end. Perhaps Rey (hopefully Rey Kenobi) will begin the new Jedi Order. Not by trying to train any force-sensitive kids she can find, but by searching for the type of mind and soul that can wield the force with out causing chaos and destruction - a much smaller number.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 19 Apr 2017, 11:43 am

I think...
Perhaps it's time for the Skywalkers to find a chance at a life for themselves rather than 'saving the galaxy.'

Perhaps Ben Solo can find a place for Ben, not for the child of Leia, the nephew of Luke, the grandson of Anakin.
Perhaps Rey can find a family and home in a person.

When the fighting's done perhaps Rey and Ben can leave rebuilding the galaxy to 'nobodies' like Finn,Rose and Poe. People who need to become legends.

Then the last Skywalker and the last Kenobi can save themselves and have the ordinary life they so desperately need.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:07 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:I think...
Perhaps it's time for the Skywalkers to find a chance at a life for themselves rather than 'saving the galaxy.'

Perhaps Ben Solo can find a place for Ben, not for the child of Leia, the nephew of Luke, the grandson of Anakin.
Perhaps Rey can find a family and home in a person.

When the fighting's done perhaps Rey and Ben can leave rebuilding the galaxy to 'nobodies' like Finn,Rose and Poe. People who need to become legends.

Then the last Skywalker and the last Kenobi can save themselves and have the ordinary life they so desperately need.
@motherofpearl1

That honestly reminds that quote from the Aftermath novel how Han was bored without a fight.
I believe that with Kylo and Rey it is the opposite, and they both crave peace even if Kylo has chosen the dark path to achieve it.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:21 pm

I would like them to quietly disappear and perhaps seek adventures in the Outer Rim where they can be themselves, while Finn and Rose, with Poe's help, could start a new government.
Rey and Kylo deserve to put themselves first - let the so called 'nobodies' have their day in the sun.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:16 pm

I've started to wonder...

The rain scene in the Forceback isn't from the "Jedi massacre", but now I wonder whether it might allude to a scene that revisits the same place.

I originally thought it was the future, and on Ahch-To, as the rocky landscape looks similar, AND there's rain, AND the thingy in the background might be the tree. Plus, we know Kylo is coming to Ahch-To anyhow.

But looking at that burning building in the teaser, the thingy in the background might easily be the ruins of it. And the terrain looks similar to Ahch-To, but flatter, as in the Forceback. (I call it just a "building" because it's still just an assumption that the large palace-like structure was "Luke's Jedi temple", just like it was an assumption that Luke had a "Jedi academy", which Pablo implied was not the case.)

Perhaps they revisit the scene of the disaster for some reason? Perhaps there's something important there? And might that be the Iceland planet, I wonder?

If we see the same place years after the disaster, that might also explain why some people see just rocks on the ground in the vision, some see bodies, and some (well, okay, just me probably) see weird forms like broken statues among the rocks. They might be petrified or mummified bodies of some sort, like on Malachor. Something weird happened in that massacre - that building wasn't just burnt down, it looks more like the place was bombed.

I still think the right => future thing makes sense, and I definitely think we'll see that scene in some form - salad bowl and all. We'll recognise what that vision was alluding to, IMO; or if that vision was just a mash-up of random past events that don't have any crucial bearing on the story, then it seems rather pointless.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo4life Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:44 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:I've started to wonder...

The rain scene in the Forceback isn't from the "Jedi massacre", but now I wonder whether it might allude to a scene that revisits the same place.

I originally thought it was the future, and on Ahch-To, as the rocky landscape looks similar, AND there's rain, AND the thingy in the background might be the tree. Plus, we know Kylo is coming to Ahch-To anyhow.

But looking at that burning building in the teaser, the thingy in the background might easily be the ruins of it. And the terrain looks similar to Ahch-To, but flatter, as in the Forceback. (I call it just a "building" because it's still just an assumption that the large palace-like structure was "Luke's Jedi temple", just like it was an assumption that Luke had a "Jedi academy", which Pablo implied was not the case.)

Perhaps they revisit the scene of the disaster for some reason? Perhaps there's something important there? And might that be the Iceland planet, I wonder?

If we see the same place years after the disaster, that might also explain why some people see just rocks on the ground in the vision, some see bodies, and some (well, okay, just me probably) see weird forms like broken statues among the rocks. They might be petrified or mummified bodies of some sort, like on Malachor. Something weird happened in that massacre - that building wasn't just burnt down, it looks more like the place was bombed.

I still think the right => future thing makes sense, and I definitely think we'll see that scene in some form - salad bowl and all. We'll recognise what that vision was alluding to, IMO; or if that vision was just a mash-up of random past events that don't have any crucial bearing on the story, then it seems rather pointless.
@Darth Dingbat

You are speaking of this one yes? Edit: Im adding the Tree here too

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 3 Maxresdefault
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 3 Falcon4_zpsgtbhtwz7

Last edited by Reylo4life on Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reylo4life
Reylo4life
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:47 pm

@Reylo4life: That's right!

ETA: That's the clearest shot I've ever seen of that scene! Wow.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo4life Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:00 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:@Reylo4life: That's right!

@Darth Dingbat

If it was the future who is that guy that kylo kills with the strange Helmet and why would he be on Ahch-To? Maybe its a mash up vision? Or maybe it's not Ahch-To at all but regardless the blue lightsaber "saw"/was present when Kylo Ren stabbed that man with the hat/clan leader/whatever he is. OR I forgot that add that he could be another Knight of Ren that was going to struct Rey but Kylo killed him to save her.
Reylo4life
Reylo4life
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:04 pm

Reylo4life wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:@Reylo4life: That's right!

@Darth Dingbat

If it was the future who is that guy that kylo kills with the strange Helmet and why would he be on Ahch-To? Maybe its a mash up vision? Or maybe it's not Ahch-To at all but regardless the blue lightsaber "saw"/was present when Kylo Ren stabbed that man with the hat/clan leader/whatever he is.
@Reylo4life

Who knows... Funny thing, the "thingy" looks more like the tree when the angle is different and the "thingy" is right behind Kylo.

Here, though, it looks more like the "temple". But at the same time, this isn't the scene of the massacre itself, so... hmm.

Hard to say what's going on here, but I'm 100% sure we'll see what this was alluding to. Otherwise it was a pointless inclusion.

Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:08 pm

Funny enough I did thought today about the salad bowl: how he would fit eventually in the Force plot given the new info.

I didn't came to any conclusion. He still confuses me.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:09 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:Funny enough I did thought today about the salad bowl: how he would  fit eventually in the Force plot given the new info.

@Darth_Awakened

As he's supposed to, I'm sure Wink

ETA: All the more reason that the scene should have some real significance in the future, IMO. All the other scenes are easier to comprehend.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:15 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:Funny enough I did thought today about the salad bowl: how he would fit eventually in the Force plot given the new info.

@Darth_Awakened

@WillowMeena and I had a discussion about the KoR this afternoon and frankly, we're confused at how they could even fit into the whole plot. We know so little about them, even only 8 months away. The term knight is associated with someone who's noble and just - someone committed to protection. I can see them having allegiance to no side, but instead to only their own cause, whatever that may be...

As for Salad Bowl, that one is indeed a confusing one. I thought I had read that the residents of Ach-To (human or non) don't like Rey's presence there. If this is the case, it would still make sense that Kylo could be the one saving Rey in this case.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:15 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:Funny enough I did thought today about the salad bowl: how he would  fit eventually in the Force plot given the new info.

@Darth_Awakened

As he's supposed to, I'm sure Wink

ETA: All the more reason that the scene should have some real significance in the future, IMO. All the other scenes are easier to comprehend.
@Darth Dingbat

There's still the little demon whispering into my ear: J.J. thought his salad bowl on the head looked cool.
Hopefully not.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:29 pm

He's J.J.'s OC who is also Rey's Ex. He shows up on Depression Island and gets slammed by Kylo. R.I.P Salad Bowl. What a stud.

I hope the KoR have some role, I think the concept sounds neat. They could totally just be some bland background characters in the final films and that would be some awful missed opportunity.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo4life Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:31 pm

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 3 Star-wars-the-last-jedi-trailer-19-jedi-temple-destruction
and from the forcevison in TFA
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 3 Star-wars-episode-vii-trailer-r2d2-with-luke

So Much burning vs. raining! More ying and yang. Are we thinking the burning from TLJ is the same burning from TFA? If so does that happen in real time before or after the raining and knight of ren part? So I just talked this out in my head, its gotta be before the rain scene KoR as the debris looks more structural like than stones and rocks. This would be the destroyed Jedi temple? Probably why I should stick to more reading than writing Embarassed

Last edited by Reylo4life on Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Reylo4life
Reylo4life
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:33 pm

Am I the only one who thinks the burning building looks an awful lot like St. Peter's Basilica?
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next