Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

+89
Little_Boots
reylo1992
TheLastJedi
colibri
TheBastardofMandalore
Casper
Blood Moon
adamdrivershair
CienaRee
Sylvia Snow
Krafty
Lovely_Rose
RosiePancake
Ben-Solo
Marie Ren
Forsythia
Darth Rowan
Darth Dementor
Anakin Skywalker
BenRey
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
nite0wl29
4forYouRey-lolo
Armadeus
Cowgirlsamurai
tukicarreno
Airemyn
Mana
Night Huntress
Man Without A Star
Moonlight13
Millicent the Cat
guardienne
Kessel
Tex
Lily Snape
Angel Of Iego
rey09
Kylo Men
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
ReyofLightSide
Marchtwin
Piper Maru
Kyla Ren
Gemini
Xylo Ren
darthbutterfingers
Rimfaxe96
Geralt_Riv
Moonjump05
spacebaby45678
jakkusun
MindAndMagic
Reylo Lemon
Hasi
Magnolia_3.0
bossbaby
EchoBase
SheLitAFire
MyOnlyHope
MeadowofAshes
Irina de France
Helix
Reylo4life
Darth Dingbat
fuhry
MoonFyre
SkyStar
motherofpearl1
Rei of Sunshine
ZioRen
Darth_Awakened
AceofWands
vaderito
IoJovi
Acritiqua
snufkin
nemapasara
Rogue Rey
FrolickingFizzgig
panki
Saracene
DarthRen
Reynak
SanghaRen
Birdwoman
Jakku
93 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 4 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by SkyStar Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:35 pm

That temple makes me think of Snoke more then Luke, now that we know his materialistic side.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:37 pm

The temple is very fancy looking. Much more than what I expected from Old Uncle Luke's Bible School.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:40 pm

The temple also has some red lights on it? As Sith temples do.

I wonder if it was some ancient Dark Side associated place Luke's Jedi were investigating, and then sith (if you pardon the pun) went down.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:41 pm

Helix wrote:The temple is very fancy looking. Much more than what I expected from Old Uncle Luke's Bible School.
@Helix

I think it the architecture is based on Angkor Wat

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 4 Shutterstock_128239916

@darth Dingbat "red lights" are just sparks as far as I can see.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:43 pm

@vaderito: I mean the red stripes, not the sparks.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:44 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:@vaderito: I mean the red stripes, not the sparks.
@Darth Dingbat

if we are talking about the same red stripes they are fire inside, possibly seem through a stripe-like windows. or it's stripe-shaped sparks.

Last edited by vaderito on Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:44 pm

There's so much debris in front of the temple where Luke is standing and I wonder what it's from. It DOES look like something exploded.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:45 pm

It certainly looks more opulent and grander than what I'd expect for a former moisture farm boy turned Jedi hero to establish if it is indeed where he was rebuilding the Jedi order. From a life so simple to that grandness seems out of character.

My initial reaction to it when I first saw the trailer was that it resembled St Paul's Cathedral in London (which famously survived the blitz!)

But it does look like many varying religious temples.
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:45 pm

ZioRen wrote:There's so much debris in front of the temple where Luke is standing and I wonder what it's from. It DOES look like something exploded.
@ZioRen

The hut. lol!

@RogueRey Maybe he didn't build it but merely moved in with his posse since it was abandoned. I have a feeling they were moving from temple to temple.

Last edited by vaderito on Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:46 pm

I definitely see a lot of Middle Eastern and Indian architectural inspiration in it. I was expecting something very low-key and run down looking, honestly.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:46 pm

Luke blew up the temple. No biggie.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:47 pm

SkyStar wrote:Or Luke blew up the temple. No biggie.
@SkyStar

The story of the ST is just Luke blowing things up. Maybe Luke is Snoke. Laughing
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:47 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:Funny enough I did thought today about the salad bowl: how he would fit eventually in the Force plot given the new info.

I didn't came to any conclusion. He still confuses me.
@Darth_Awakened

@WillowMeena and I had a discussion about the KoR this afternoon and frankly, we're confused at how they could even fit into the whole plot. We know so little about them, even only 8 months away. The term knight is associated with someone who's noble and just - someone committed to protection. I can see them having allegiance to no side, but instead to only their own cause, whatever that may be...

As for Salad Bowl, that one is indeed a confusing one. I thought I had read that the residents of Ach-To (human or non) don't like Rey's presence there. If this is the case, it would still make sense that Kylo could be the one saving Rey in this case.
@IoJovi

So, I had a new thought as to Salad Bowl this morning. I was looking through some old posts last night to see if anything interesting jumped out at me, and I ran across this old tweet from Mark Stanley, the actor who played Salad Bowl:

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 4 A34qopP

Of course, we've had a ton of confusion as to whether or not Salad Bowl is a KoR or a "clan leader." Mark seems to think he played a KoR, and he's credited as a KoR, but then we had Pablo saying, "the script says he's a 'clan leader".

Part of the confusion is that Salad Bowl is costumed differently than the MiB in the rain scene. And most of us had assumed all along that the MiB = KoR. But now we're hearing from Jason that that might not be the case. I'm not sure what it would mean, but perhaps Salad Bowl is a KoR, and the MiB are simply some other group?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:47 pm

Rogue Rey wrote:It certainly looks more opulent and grander than what I'd expect for a former moisture farm boy turned Jedi hero to establish if it is indeed where he was rebuilding the Jedi order. From a life so simple to that grandness seems out of character.

My initial reaction to it when I first saw the trailer was that it resembled St Paul's Cathedral in London (which famously survived the blitz!)

But it does look like many varying religious temples.
@Rogue Rey

I'm starting to wonder if Luke didn't have a "place" of its own for the Jedi, and if it's just some old place he was exploring with Ben and whoever else was following him... And then, *something* happened, and he and Ben have something major to do with it.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:49 pm

vaderito wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:@vaderito: I mean the red stripes, not the sparks.
@Darth Dingbat

if we are talking about the same red stripes they are fire inside, possibly seem through a stripe-like windows. or it's stripe-shaped sparks.
@vaderito

The ones I mean are definitely not sparks... but stripe-like windows sound likely, yes. Though the "red stripes" seem more "stable" than the fire all around.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:53 pm

vaderito wrote:
ZioRen wrote:There's so much debris in front of the temple where Luke is standing and I wonder what it's from. It DOES look like something exploded.
@ZioRen

The hut. lol!

@RogueRey Maybe he didn't build it but merely moved in with his posse since it was abandoned. I have a feeling they were moving from temple to temple.
@vaderito

That's the vibe that Pablo has consistently given. He's talked repeatedly about Ben and Luke being out "doing something" or "searching for something". So unless the temple was a "home base" where Luke and Ben regularly left to go on their own missions, I get the feeling that the group probably traveled around a lot from temple to temple. Maybe this particular temple is the one that contained the one that caused the schism between Ben and Luke, or maybe it's just a coincidence that the group was crashing at this temple when sith went down.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:58 pm

I just find it interesting that Luke is at a safe distance. Him falling to his knees looks like the blow have just happened or he has arrived to see the temple burning.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Wed 19 Apr 2017, 3:01 pm

I got the impression from Bloodline that Luke and Ben were kind of like nomads, just wandering the galaxy in search of further knowledge or something greater perhaps.
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo4life Wed 19 Apr 2017, 3:01 pm

SkyStar wrote:I just find it interesting that Luke is at a safe distance. Him falling to his knees looks like the blow have just happened or he has arrived to see the temple burning.
@SkyStar

I think he's in motion falling to his knees, almost like as if asking for forgiveness or "what have I done"
Reylo4life
Reylo4life
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 19 Apr 2017, 3:02 pm

SkyStar wrote:I just find it interesting that Luke is at a safe distance. Him falling to his knees looks like the blow have just happened or he has arrived to see the temple burning.
@SkyStar

I think it's the latter. At least an old version of TFA shooting schedule suggests so:

VISION: There is what looks to be a Jedi Academy, and the dead bodies of padawans are on the ground. Luke Skywalker shows up, too late. He sits by a funeral pyre with R2-D2. The droid is saddened by his master’s departure.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 19 Apr 2017, 3:08 pm

@SkyStar

I get the impression that he wasn't there when things actually went down. If he had been, I suspect that he either would have been able to stop it, or he would have been killed, as well.

This would also align with my theory that Rey is going to be the only person (other then Ben/Kylo) to really know the truth about what happened.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 19 Apr 2017, 3:10 pm

Rogue Rey wrote:I got the impression from Bloodline that Luke and Ben were kind of like nomads, just wandering the galaxy in search of further knowledge or something greater perhaps.
@Rogue Rey

Yup, that's how it sounded in Bloodline and in related tweets from Pablo.

I've also wondered if they were perhaps following the starmap thing left behind on Jakku in Empire's End that the surviving Imperials followed...the one that was suspected to lead to "the source of the dark side" and/or Snoke.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo4life Wed 19 Apr 2017, 3:11 pm

I agree things didn't physically go down in front of him, he came to late, and then realized what have I done / guilty feeling he could've prevented it. We see him there, its just too late. Him falling to his knees IMO is a big indictor he feels guilty. And Maybe that burning building isn't the Jedi temple as I don't see any bodies but whatever it is we know its important and in both movies thus far.
Reylo4life
Reylo4life
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara Wed 19 Apr 2017, 3:15 pm

Helix wrote:I definitely see a lot of Middle Eastern and Indian architectural inspiration in it. I was expecting something very low-key and run down looking, honestly.
@Helix

I'm a Disneyphile so the first thing I thought was that it looks like Princess Jasmine's castle. It definitely gives off Middle Eastern vibes for me, as well.

I have to think that Ben did not do that all on his own. The story we're being sold on right now is that he betrayed Luke and destroyed the temple. But there has to be more than that or you don't have much of a story. There has to been something more and it can't be from Ben's end since he can't get any worse than destroying the temple. I've been leaning towards Snoke ordering his guards to attack the temple in a last ditch effort attempt to get Ben to turn (lack of faith in Ben from his family could make them think he did it + Vader reveal). But Pablo and co. have been adamant that Kylo's responsible and killed them. I have no idea what to believe at this point. I honestly wouldn't care if Kylo did it or not but I just can't believe he did it on his own.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Wed 19 Apr 2017, 3:59 pm

nemapasara wrote:
Helix wrote:I definitely see a lot of Middle Eastern and Indian architectural inspiration in it. I was expecting something very low-key and run down looking, honestly.
@Helix

I'm a Disneyphile so the first thing I thought was that it looks like Princess Jasmine's castle. It definitely gives off Middle Eastern vibes for me, as well.

I have to think that Ben did not do that all on his own. The story we're being sold on right now is that he betrayed Luke and destroyed the temple. But there has to be more than that or you don't have much of a story. There has to been something more and it can't be from Ben's end since he can't get any worse than destroying the temple. I've been leaning towards Snoke ordering his guards to attack the temple in a last ditch effort attempt to get Ben to turn (lack of faith in Ben from his family could make them think he did it + Vader reveal). But Pablo and co. have been adamant that Kylo's responsible and killed them. I have no idea what to believe at this point. I honestly wouldn't care if Kylo did it or not but I just can't believe he did it on his own.
@nemapasara

If they're saying Kylo did it, I am leaning towards him defending himself and then just flipping out after the Jedi students turn on him because of the Vader reveal.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next