Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

+71
Night Huntress
PalmettoBlue
Darth Rowan
RosiePancake
colibri
benorganasolo
nite0wl29
Blackcanary
kassadin
bashfulblueeyes3
adamdrivershair
CienaRee
Moonlight13
Krafty
tukicarreno
guardienne
MeadowofAshes
SheLitAFire
vaderito
SanghaRen
reylo1992
DarthRen
Cowgirlsamurai
Acritiqua
panki
Kyla Ren
Helix
SoloSideCousin
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
Geralt_Riv
Kessel
LastCrusadeLeft
SkyStar
spacebaby45678
motherofpearl1
snufkin
Macha Ren
Birdwoman
Armadeus
rey09
Dark Padawan
Tex
shii405
Marchtwin
nemapasara
Moonjump05
Rei of Sunshine
Xylo Ren
EchoBase
Lily Snape
salmund
ISeeAnIsland
jakkusun
Darth Dementor
Piper Maru
AceofWands
ReyofLightSide
Little_Boots
Mana
Reylo Lemon
Irina de France
creepi0
MindAndMagic
MoonFyre
Reynak
ZioRen
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
FrolickingFizzgig
Saracene
75 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 12 Empty Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by Tex Tue 09 May 2017, 11:39 pm

@snufkin

LOL you would think that "little" detail would have been removed. Guess it wasn't one of his top priorities. The important take away is that fans are still annoyed by it. Would Disney/Lucasfilm really do it again? God I hope not. Laughing
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 12 Empty Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by snufkin Tue 09 May 2017, 11:48 pm

Tex wrote:@snufkin

LOL you would think that "little" detail would have been removed. Guess it wasn't one of his top priorities. The important take away is that fans are still annoyed by it. Would Disney/Lucasfilm really do it again? God I hope not. :lol:

@Tex

That's a question for the ages, why change Han shot first because it supposedly gave the wrong impression but leave in the whole accidentally incest bit (other than it sort of encapsulates all of the f**ked up dynamics between the 3 of those characters).

And I went to UT (actually have spent a lot of time in Houston), so it's funny seeing that user name. TEX was the name of the registration system for students. They had this very old professors with deep West Texas accent be the "voice" of Tex if you called into the help line's automated system. So I keep hearing that voice in my head when I read your posts.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Wed 10 May 2017, 12:05 am

@snufkin

You may have just hit the nail on the head when it comes to their f**ked up dynamics. I just think about that scene where Luke is talking to force ghost Obi-wan. I just imagine the Prices Right womp womp sound everytime he realizes Leia is his sister Razz

I lived in Austin for awhile. I didn't attend UT, but have plenty of friends who did. My actual voice is the furthest thing from a deep west Texas accent lol. Hilarious to think that you're probably reading my messages and hearing something like Sam Elliot's deep draw.
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 10 May 2017, 12:15 am

@Tex - the whole "bury your feelings deep" line. Even as a kid, I was like "Wuh?! The incestuous feelings or just the I care about this person's well being and like having them as a friend feelings? Yeah, nothing weird there" Seriously that whole scene is poor dumb Luke getting dragged into how Han and Leia have to be antagonistic as part of their foreplay. No wonder their kid is full of Darkside emotions and trashes things when he gets frustrated.  

Well besides Sam Elliot's voice, Inside Llewelyn Davis is the first thing I thought of with Poe's introduction with a cute little orange robot instead of tabby cat. When the torture/interrogation scene came up, I couldn't not think "Oh s**t, he really shouldn't have asked if he could crash on Al Cody's couch." There's a missed opportunity to have had Justin Timberlake play Hux.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Wed 10 May 2017, 5:55 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:What I think would be interesting to see (and what we haven't seen yet in any of the trilogies) would be Rey and Kylo as actual parents and how that affects their reactions to whatever galactic crisis arises as the conflict for that trilogy. We've had a lot of orphans/dead parents/lost parents/absent parents in the Star Wars movies, but I'd think that as parents, Rey and Kylo would very actively want to give their children better childhoods and more understanding/involved parents than what they had.
Hmm... I see the future. Reylo and baby live together happily at the end of IX. Ten years later, EP X open with Reylo as parents of a 10 year old child and Reylo dies at the end of X protecting their child Very Happy

Sorry, just daydreaming.
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 10 May 2017, 12:45 pm

@snufkin @Tex

I lived in Austin for seven years and graduated from UT  I love you Whenever I meet people from out of state, they are always surprised by my lack of accent. I do say "Y'all," though Smile

On topic: Didn't JJ say at one time that they were going to avoid any hints at incestuous relationships in the new trilogy because he hated that from the OT? THAT'S why I think it's obvious that Kylo and Rey aren't related. It would be super creepy to find out they are cousins now.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 10 May 2017, 12:52 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@snufkin @Tex

I lived in Austin for seven years and graduated from UT  I love you Whenever I meet people from out of state, they are always surprised by my lack of accent. I do say "Y'all," though Smile

On topic: Didn't JJ say at one time that they were going to avoid any hints at incestuous relationships in the new trilogy because he hated that from the OT? THAT'S why I think it's obvious that Kylo and Rey aren't related. It would be super creepy to find out they are cousins now.

@Cowgirlsamurai

My entire family is Southern, so it's very easy for me to slip into the drawl when necessary. Have you seen Tower yet, the doc about the 1966 shooting? It's really good and very eerie to watch because it shows the entire area affected, which isn't just the area around the Tower but West Campus (I lived off of 21st street).

The incest part, wasn't there one press clip for TFA where they asked the new cast members about the kiss? And they all looked completely repulsed except that Gwendolyn Christie had some look on her face like "do you remember what show I'm on?"
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 10 May 2017, 12:58 pm

To speak on the idea of Disney expanding the universe and letting the Skywalker saga go for a little while, I think it's more likely that we'll get a lot of material that fills in gaps in that saga. No doubt we'll get a Luke pre-ST story, and maybe more Han and Leia adventures too. I'm convinced that we'll get some sort of series about Luke and Ben's time together that will heavily feature Lor San Tekka, since he was apparently important.

They might extend a series or two out a little bit after the ST ends too. I'm of a mind that the next Skywalker-related trilogy will be quite a bit into the future so it's safe to fill in more recent gaps.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Wed 10 May 2017, 1:00 pm

snufkin wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

My entire family is Southern, so it's very easy for me to slip into the drawl when necessary. Have you seen Tower yet, the doc about the 1966 shooting? It's really good and very eerie to watch because it shows the entire area affected, which isn't just the area around the Tower but West Campus (I lived off of 21st street).

The incest part, wasn't there one press clip for TFA where they asked the new cast members about the kiss? And they all looked completely repulsed except that Gwendolyn Christie had some look on her face like "do you remember what show I'm on?"
@snufkin

I haven't watched that documentary yet, but I've been told by many its really good. Glad to see I'm bringing UT alumni together in the reylo community Very Happy

I don't recall that interview with JJ. I may have to go looking for it. If Reywalkers turn out to be right then JJ did a terrible job trying to avoid strange incestuous moments. Laughing
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 10 May 2017, 1:32 pm

Tex wrote:
snufkin wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@snufkin

I haven't watched that documentary yet, but I've been told by many its really good. Glad to see I'm bringing UT alumni together in the reylo community Very Happy

I don't recall that interview with JJ. I may have to go looking for it. If Reywalkers turn out to be right then JJ did a terrible job trying to avoid strange incestuous moments. Laughing
@Tex @snufkin 

Texas Reylos unite! 
I haven't seen that documentary, I need to watch it but know it would freak me out. silent We try to go back and visit campus at least once a year. I hope we can move back to Austin some day. My husband lived in a co-op on 21st while we were in school^^ I'm pretty terrible at even faking a Southern accent despite having been here my whole life!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Most-Disturbing-Moment-Any-Star-Wars-Movie-According-J-J-Abrams-99347.html

This was all I could find through Google on things JJ finds disturbing from the OT, but I think if he's horrified at Vader's interactions with Leia, then he wouldn't add a creeper cousin vibe between Kylo and Rey. Maybe it was in a celebration or comic con panel that he talked about avoiding hints of incest, but I swear it was addressed at some point  Embarassed
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Wed 10 May 2017, 2:02 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai

Texas Reylos! Now we just need an insignia lol.

This quote from the article "The realization in The Return of the Jedi that Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia are brother and sister has given numerous fans the heebie-jeebies on every ensuing viewing of The Empire Strikes Back.", makes me laugh so much.

JJ's views on Leia's interrogation is fascinating especially when you compare it to Carrie Fisher's comments about that scene. I can't recall what article she talked about it.
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Wed 10 May 2017, 3:25 pm

Just ignore the fact that it's all written in German. This is from "Star Wars Graphics" (a really cute illustration of the saga by the way, especially for newbies, also includes a Skywalker/Solo family tree Very Happy). It shows the amount of kisses in the PT and OT. I know that you guys already counted them and noticed the parallels and what it could mean for the ST. I thought it was funny that's it's been illustrated in an official canon book as well Wink:

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 12 Img_0019
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 10 May 2017, 3:47 pm

@EchoBase

LOL
Even Leia's and Luke's kiss counts!

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Wed 10 May 2017, 4:01 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
@EchoBase

LOL

@Darth_Awakened

If they go on with this pattern, there are seven kisses to come. Very Happy
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 10 May 2017, 4:27 pm

EchoBase wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
@EchoBase

LOL

@Darth_Awakened

@EchoBase

I haven't watched TFA for some time: Leia and Han didn't kiss? He just hugged her?

So, they kept the tradition of no-kiss in the Ep1 of the trilogy.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 10 May 2017, 4:29 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
EchoBase wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
@EchoBase

LOL

@Darth_Awakened

@EchoBase

I haven't watched TFA for some time: Leia and Han didn't kiss? He just hugged her?

So, they kept the tradition of no-kiss in the Ep1 of the trilogy.
@Darth_Awakened

They absolutely did.

I actually fully expect some of those seven kisses to be divided between FinnRose and Reylo, especially given the expected paces of each of those romantic arcs. But I would happily take, say, three Reylo kisses by the end of IX!
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 10 May 2017, 4:34 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
Tex wrote:
snufkin wrote:

I lived in Austin for seven years and graduated from UT  :heart: Whenever I meet people from out of state, they are always surprised by my lack of accent. I do say "Y'all," though :)

@Cowgirlsamurai

@snufkin

I haven't watched that documentary yet, but I've been told by many its really good. Glad to see I'm bringing UT alumni together in the reylo community :D

I don't recall that interview with JJ. I may have to go looking for it. If Reywalkers turn out to be right then JJ did a terrible job trying to avoid strange incestuous moments. :lol:
@Tex @snufkin 

Texas Reylos unite! 
I haven't seen that documentary, I need to watch it but know it would freak me out. :silent: We try to go back and visit campus at least once a year. I hope we can move back to Austin some day. My husband lived in a co-op on 21st while we were in school^^ I'm pretty terrible at even faking a Southern accent despite having been here my whole life!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Most-Disturbing-Moment-Any-Star-Wars-Movie-According-J-J-Abrams-99347.html

This was all I could find through Google on things JJ finds disturbing from the OT, but I think if he's horrified at Vader's interactions with Leia, then he wouldn't add a creeper cousin vibe between Kylo and Rey. Maybe it was in a celebration or comic con panel that he talked about avoiding hints of incest, but I swear it was addressed at some point  :oops:

@Cowgirlsamurai

Ha your husband lived in the same neighborhood I did, with all the co-ops. It's probably been bought up and redeveloped because of the housing boom in Austin, but living in that neighborhood was like being a character in Slacker. Or you can understand how true to life that movie was because there were so many people hanging around that neighborhood who get stuck in that period of their life, kinda like Wooderson in Dazed and Confused.

Speaking of Richard Linklater movies, the Tower documentary uses rotoscope animation for some of the interviews and recreations, done by the same team who worked on Waking Life and A Scanner, Darkly. It's mixed with archival footage and interviews with the survivors. But the animation detail works really well at depicting the action while also it's being presented as somebody's memories of the events. And the way it's told isn't true crime, but about the people and community it impacted. It's mostly about how different people reacted, especially the by standers who put themselves in harm's way to help the victims. It's very much a story about ordinary people rising to the occasion and becoming heroes.

I wish that I could find that one clip, it was very funny. Like even Oscar Isaac makes some tongue in cheek comment about, "well people experiment when they're young." But you're not going to be talking or making gross jokes about that topic if the intention was to have another semi-incestuous dynamic set up. The bit with Vader capturing and torturing Leia is pretty effed up in hindsight, even if you consider that maybe she's the same age/physical resemblance to his late wife. I did read an article somewhere that was about how to live with plot holes. And their very funny advice was to figure that the whole point of Leia being able to resist his mind probe and not give off any signs around him of being FS means that 1) She's actually a lot more powerful than Luke is in the Force and 2) Luke may have been the back up plan all along because of "there is another." She's already front and center in the fight against the Empire without even tapping into her powers.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 10 May 2017, 6:25 pm

@snufkin

My husband says your description of the neighborhood is spot on Wink I have never seen Slacker, but living in Austin as a young person, everyone hears about it. I can picture the characters. Speaking of Richard Linklater, my husband worked on a documentary film with the editor who always worked with him (Oscar nominated Sandra Adair). The Tower documentary sounds like a must watch. I'll be sure to check it out soon!

I also wondered why it was that Vader could sense Luke with the Force, but evidently couldn't sense Leia was his daughter even though they spent so much time together at the beginning tongue  I like how those who are involved in the new trilogy try so hard to distance themselves from certain aspects of both the OT and the PT. Incest, overuse of CG, and characters like Jar Jar, lol.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 10 May 2017, 6:56 pm

Totally out of the blue but every time I see TLJ Kylo, I just feel the need to give him a hug. Even pointing a saber at the screen doesn't diminish those puppy eyes.

I hope this trend of portraying him in marketing as not particularly angry or aggressive continues.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 10 May 2017, 7:14 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai - That's hilarious and yes, like your husband I'm a former co-oper from that neighborhood. That's so cool about him working with Sandra Adair, I'm obviously way more into talking about Austin's film scene than about football. Which is the great thing about this place, I doubt that other fan discussion boards or sites are talking as much about film (and directors, editors, writers) outside of Star Wars as much as this crowd does. Although given that they hired the director of Looper for the next movie and the cast includes people who worked with the Coen Brothers and Judd Apatow, maybe that's a big part why we're all interested so much.

@ZioRen - he knows that he's f**ked up big time and doesn't seem happy to finally be in Monster territory. But that whole moment of trying to stop Rey from leaving, it almost looks like a couples' fight. He's trying to act in control and intimidating. But that look he gives her is pure pleading puppy eyes. And her jaw/lower lip tremble for a second like she's so hurt and going to start crying

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 12 Tumblr_o8e8v4c5Du1t3n54uo2_500

Last edited by snufkin on Wed 10 May 2017, 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Wed 10 May 2017, 7:31 pm

EchoBase wrote:Just ignore the fact that it's all written in German. This is from "Star Wars Graphics" (a really cute illustration of the saga by the way, especially for newbies, also includes a Skywalker/Solo family tree Very Happy). It shows the amount of kisses in the PT and OT. I know that you guys already counted them and noticed the parallels and what it could mean for the ST. I thought it was funny that's it's been illustrated in an official canon book as well Wink:

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 12 Img_0019
@EchoBase

I love this!

The problem is that both Han and Leia and Padme and Anakin get boring in the third movie, (and they are a little boring in the second) so a lot of kisses is not a good idea.

Unless.. the kisses are divided between the two couples.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 10 May 2017, 7:46 pm

snufkin wrote:@Cowgirlsamurai - That's hilarious and yes, like your husband I'm a former co-oper from that neighborhood. That's so cool about him working with Sandra Adair, I'm obviously way more into talking about Austin's film scene than about football. Which is the great thing about this place, I doubt that other fan discussion boards or sites are talking as much about film (and directors, editors, writers) outside of Star Wars as much as this crowd does. Although given that they hired the director of Looper for the next movie and the cast includes people who worked with the Coen Brothers and Judd Apatown, maybe that's a big part why we're all interested so much.

@ZioRen - he knows that he's f**ked up big time and doesn't seem happy to finally be in Monster territory. But that whole moment of trying to stop Rey from leaving, it almost looks like a couples' fight. He's trying to act in control and intimidating. But that look he gives her is pure pleading puppy eyes. And her jaw/lower lip tremble for a second like she's so hurt and going to start crying

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 12 Tumblr_o8e8v4c5Du1t3n54uo2_500
@snufkin

This is still one of my favorite gifs ever! Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Wed 10 May 2017, 8:00 pm

He looks very pretty in that gif.

I think it's ironic that he looks his best when Rey calls him a monster and he's a complete mess.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 10 May 2017, 8:13 pm

I still say Rey has the best resting bi*ch face in the SW universe.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 10 May 2017, 8:38 pm

@SoloSideCousin - I know it's your favorite! It's funny how that moment is the culmination of the whole cat and mouse chase between the two of them which mirrors Vader's pursuit and confrontation of Obi-Wan in the first movie. Funny thing though, he doesn't look cooly evil and ready to kill/master her the way Vader was so eager to finally show that he had the upper hand. And it's another moment of her refusal of the call, mirroring the Force vision. Like she's so freaked out, upset, and maybe also personally betrayed that she still doesn't want any part of it. She just wants him to get out of her way and to get the f**k out of there. So what happens to him it's all his fault for picking that fight.

@Piper Maru - if this was meant to the moment when the villain goes full hardcore Darkside and evil, the hair and makeup department (not to mention the actor) did a bad job making him so pretty with puppy dog eyes face.

@Iojovi - ha! She's allowed the luxury the other female leads didn't get to have, other than maybe Leia rolling her eyes.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next