Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Podcasts

+63
RosiePancake
creepi0
PalmettoBlue
CienaRee
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
Armadeus
Blackcanary
BastilaBey
Moonlight13
Darth Dementor
Ditzy
adamdrivershair
TheLastJedi
EchoBase
Mana
FrolickingFizzgig
bossbaby
tukicarreno
BenOrgana
Millicent the Cat
MeadowofAshes
guardienne
krissy01
Darth_Awakened
Geralt_Riv
IoJovi
Cowgirlsamurai
Kessel
Saracene
Piper Maru
panki
Rimfaxe96
Darth Dingbat
Lily Snape
SoloSideCousin
SanghaRen
snufkin
Kyla Ren
SkyStar
Reylo Lemon
jakkusun
Darth Rowan
Lucina
Irina de France
ReyofLightSide
MindAndMagic
Tex
rey09
Xylo Ren
BenRey
AceofWands
Acritiqua
Birdwoman
kroi
nemapasara
Gemini
vaderito
Helix
ISeeAnIsland
ZioRen
spacebaby45678
Kylo Men
67 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: Podcasts - Page 22 Empty Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by Millicent the Cat Wed 26 Jul 2017, 10:49 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
Millicent the Cat wrote:Sorry if this is a dumb question but why would it cause a gate? Nope
@Millicent the Cat

Rile up the Antis?
@Cowgirlsamurai

Ohh... well, I am perfectly okay with that. Wink
Millicent the Cat
Millicent the Cat
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 26 Jul 2017, 10:50 am

Millicent the Cat wrote:Sorry if this is a dumb question but why would it cause a gate? Nope
@Millicent the Cat

One of my bosses used to say: There's no dumb questions, only dumb answers.

One of those dumb answers: Anything could cause a gate these days!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 26 Jul 2017, 10:50 am

"Is this the girl of my dreams? Not in a romantic way." LOLOLOL
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 26 Jul 2017, 10:51 am

@Millicent the Cat

You would be amazed at what causes gates these days... But yeah, probably the worst that they can say is that they see no evidence of Reylo which of course doesn't mean it isn't there.  MSW isn't part of LF, and they'll be trying to keep everything they have on lockdown, ESPECIALLY anything regarding Kylo and Rey.  MSW is really LF's nemesis, so they're not going to just hand out information to them.

@CowgirlSamurai Excellent point.  Not ALL gates are bad.  Example: Reygate was absolutely fantastic!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 26 Jul 2017, 10:52 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:"Is this the girl of my dreams? Not in a romantic way." LOLOLOL
@Cowgirlsamurai

Is this an actual quote? If it is, WTF
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 26 Jul 2017, 10:53 am

I'm less afraid of them knowing that Reylo isn't happening and more about them bashing it or calling it ridiculous and giving irritating people fuel. I'm sure some people will assume that they must have insider info, but I don't really believe that they do. And even if they did, I haven't forgotten how badly MSW has misinterpreted scenes before. Kylo killing Han in cold blood with no remorse, anyone?
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 26 Jul 2017, 10:55 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:"Is this the girl of my dreams? Not in a romantic way." LOLOLOL
@Cowgirlsamurai

@Maria Antonietta

Yes! They think that Kylo and Rey had seen each other in visions, and that is the question Kylo asks himself when they meet.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Wed 26 Jul 2017, 10:58 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@Maria Antonietta

Yes! They think that Kylo and Rey had seen each other in visions, and that is the question Kylo asks himself when they meet.
@Cowgirlsamurai

Then it's even better. No need for metaphors, they literally are in each other dreams.

That's the thing with Rey and Kylo's dynamic. While obviously there's nothing blatantly sexual between them, several elements of romantic language are played straight.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastJedi Wed 26 Jul 2017, 10:58 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@Maria Antonietta

@Cowgirlsamurai

The girl of my dreams doesn't sound romantic to me at all. Laughing Laughing
TheLastJedi
TheLastJedi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 26 Jul 2017, 10:59 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@Maria Antonietta

@Cowgirlsamurai

It sounds like the "not in a romantic way" sounds like it was a joke between the hosts, right?  

BTW, I FINALLY got it to come up, and i'm now listening.

They did say this is just all of their speculation, so there is that.  Oughta be interesting.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 26 Jul 2017, 10:59 am

Just keep in mind they were die hard Reywalkers at beginning. Just to know where they come from.

I see it as a massive improvement that they even want to talk about Rey and Kylo.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:01 am

I think MSW, or at least Jason Ward, has been off the Reywalker train for quite a long time. It seems like Jason heard something long ago that made him pretty certain that Rey isn't Luke's kid.

Last edited by ZioRen on Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:01 am

ZioRen wrote:I'm less afraid of them knowing that Reylo isn't happening and more about them bashing it or calling it ridiculous and giving irritating people fuel. I'm sure some people will assume that they must have insider info, but I don't really believe that they do. And even if they did, I haven't forgotten how badly MSW has misinterpreted scenes before. Kylo killing Han in cold blood with no remorse, anyone?
@ZioRen

I don't think they know @#$^ about Reylo. They are just analyzing the TFA film and novel in a very speculative way. Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:02 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
ZioRen wrote:I'm less afraid of them knowing that Reylo isn't happening and more about them bashing it or calling it ridiculous and giving irritating people fuel. I'm sure some people will assume that they must have insider info, but I don't really believe that they do. And even if they did, I haven't forgotten how badly MSW has misinterpreted scenes before. Kylo killing Han in cold blood with no remorse, anyone?
@ZioRen

I don't think they know @#$^ about Reylo. They are just analyzing the TFA film and novel in a very speculative way. Laughing
@Cowgirlsamurai

Now that I'm finally able to listen, I'm done having my coronary.  Laughing

This is definitely just a speculative episode and I don't expect any real concrete info, but it still sounds like a fun listen.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:03 am

ZioRen wrote:I think MSW, or at least Jason Ward, has been off the Reywalker train for quite a long time. It seems like Jason heard something long ago that made him pretty certain that Rey isn't Luke's kid.
@ZioRen

It's not MSW podcast, it's Cantina Cast.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:05 am

TheLastJedi wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@Maria Antonietta

@Cowgirlsamurai

The girl of my dreams doesn't sound romantic to me at all. Laughing Laughing
@TheLastJedi

No, not at all. lol!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:17 am

I skipped ahead, and the actual Reylo part is around the last 7 minutes. They don't think Reylo is likely, but they think it's possible (if Rey and Kylo are not related) because there's such a strong connection between the two characters. The other guy seems to find it more likely than Jason does, and he talks about the yin-yang dynamic as well.

Neither of them seems to like the idea of Reylo, it's the usual anti-romance stance basically with a lot of joking, but they're surprisingly respectful and Jason promises he'll personally apologise to all Reylos if it ends up happening Razz
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:21 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:I skipped ahead, and the actual Reylo part is around the last 7 minutes. They don't think Reylo is likely, but they think it's possible (if Rey and Kylo are not related) because there's such a strong connection between the two characters. The other guy seems to find it more likely than Jason does, and he talks about the yin-yang dynamic as well.

Neither of them seems to like the idea of Reylo, it's the usual anti-romance stance basically with a lot of joking, but they're surprisingly respectful and Jason promises he'll personally apologise to all Reylos if it ends up happening Razz
@Darth Dingbat

LOL

Damage control or a hunt for new listeners? lol!

I don't know why Jason needs to apologizes he was kind of respectful all the way. At least I had that impression.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:24 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:I skipped ahead, and the actual Reylo part is around the last 7 minutes. They don't think Reylo is likely, but they think it's possible (if Rey and Kylo are not related) because there's such a strong connection between the two characters. The other guy seems to find it more likely than Jason does, and he talks about the yin-yang dynamic as well.

@Darth Dingbat

I'm breathing a sigh of effing relief right now.  I feel like I need to go back to bed or something to recover from my anxiety.  In a nut shell, it's a very basic fanboy discussion saying they don't necessary like it, but they can see the possibility given everything we know now.  

Ha, I'm at the part now where they're discussing the individual character red hiding hood posters.  Even they acknowledge there might be something there to the fact only Kylo and Rey face to the far right.  I love that they picked up on this too, and it isn't just Reylo fans.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:28 am

Preparation for the inevitable is what that podcast is sounding like. Lulz.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:29 am

I will have to listen later. I still do not understand the aversion to romance in Star Wars.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:29 am

I haven't listened to the podcast and doubt I'll have time today, but from what's been said it chimes with the ongoing vibe from MSW that they haven't seen anything so far to rule Reylo in or out in TLJ. As they seem to have sizeable gaps in their spoiler knowledge, especially regarding Crait and the 3rd act/end of the movie, anything could happen with Rey and Kylo. I'm not sure where they are with the previous Ireland/Ahch-To spoilers but a lot of that seems to be on shaky ground. The biggest spoilers there, aside from Kylo's presence, would surely have been filmed in studio. I don't think they ever explained the "It's not romance, but.. " speculation. I thought it probably related to the Bothan Spy Hut Blowing Up spoiler. confused

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:34 am

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I haven't listened to the podcast and doubt I'll have time today, but from what's been said it chimes with the ongoing vibe from MSW that they haven't seen anything so far to rule Reylo in or out in TLJ. As they seem to have sizeable gaps in their spoiler knowledge, especially regarding Crait and the 3rd act/end of the movie, anything could happen with Rey and Kylo. I'm not sure where they are with the previous Ireland/Ahch-To spoilers but a lot of that seems to be on shaky ground. The biggest spoilers there, aside from Kylo's presence, would surely have been filmed in studio. I don't think they ever explained the "It's not romance, but.. " speculation. I thought it probably related to the Bothan Spy Hut Blowing Up spoiler. confused
@Mrs Ben Solo

I always thought that too was related to the Bothan Spy one as they both came out around the same time.  Rey and Kylo having a civil conversation that's not an argument is a big deal to a lot of people, and it points to something that has changed during the course of the movie that no one is privy to yet.  What MSW had wasn't romance (it was a civil conversation), but the word "romance" definitely popped into their heads or they wouldn't have said that.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:41 am

Speaking in general, are they against romance or against the basic notion of the hero/heroine feeling compassion for his/her designated villain?
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:45 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:Speaking in general, are they against romance or against the basic notion of the hero/heroine feeling compassion for his/her designated villain?
@Maria Antonietta

They're neither for or against - they agree that after seeing TFA for the umpteenth million times, there's a connection between Rey and Kylo that is much deeper than what you see on the surface. 

One is a very big believer that Kylo had a vision of Rey before meeting her.  She wears a mask on Jakku, which is why he hadn't have recognized when he met her.  The quote about "Not in a romantic way" was complete sarcasm because they both acknowledge having visions of someone you haven't met yet is very much a romantic trope.

Overall the episode is very respectful and much of their discussion is stuff you'd expect from Star Wars Connection or Scavengers Hoard.  I'm really enjoying it.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next