Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

+61
vaderito
cnunn
Tex
FrolickingFizzgig
Rei of Sunshine
BenRey
Casper
Blackcanary
Darth Dementor
Marchtwin
bashfulblueeyes3
Mana
Little_Boots
reylo1992
Kessel
Millicent the Cat
adamdrivershair
Armadeus
Irina de France
kroi
MindAndMagic
BenSkywalker
soulluos
Reylo Lemon
motherofpearl1
ZioRen
rey09
BastilaBey
CienaRee
Kylo Men
Airemyn
DarthRen
ReyofLightSide
snufkin
Helix
SanghaRen
Acritiqua
Moonjump05
Rimfaxe96
SkyStar
Cowgirlsamurai
bossbaby
Piper Maru
EchoBase
BenOrgana
Darth Dingbat
Birdwoman
Darth_Awakened
Lily Snape
Saracene
tukicarreno
Kyla Ren
panki
Moonlight13
MeadowofAshes
nemapasara
MrsWindu
Xylo Ren
SoloSideCousin
IoJovi
ISeeAnIsland
65 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 20 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by adamdrivershair Fri 11 Aug 2017, 1:04 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:Sounded a bit like dark origins to me, too. Definitely no nudge-nudge-wink-wink Reywalker baiting either.

Now I'm just hoping the Kylo article won't be one that launches a thousand gates.
@Darth Dingbat

If Rian can tiptoe so carefully and successfully around the explosive 'Rey's parentage' question, he can navigate Kylo without too much difficulty, I hope.
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Fri 11 Aug 2017, 1:06 pm

I love how this was his next tweet: My theory. FWIW.
'There is no present or future - only the past, happening over and over again.' - Eugene O'Neill
https://twitter.com/Breznican/status/896064782456848384

(he also liked this tweet: https://twitter.com/ArmandTweets/status/896064727553425408)
Smile Very Happy
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 11 Aug 2017, 1:10 pm

Phew. I'm sitting at the dealership having my car worked on, and finished the article. I was waiting for another gate, but instead we got the potential for Dark!Rey. Maybe not that Rey actually goes Dark, but that her parents may have.

And this quote:

If Rey understands her origin, it can be a map for her future, a guide to avoiding whatever fear or mistakes have come before. In that way, Johnson says Rey does need to know. (And so do we.)

“You can be told [‘the answer’s not in the past’], but I think she still has a lingering hope that she’s going to find the thing that’s going to say: This is where you belong. This is where you are. I think she still holds onto the thought that where she comes from will help define where she’s going.”

So the belonging you seek isn't behind you, it is ahead. Just exactly as we thought. Thanks Maz!!! Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Fri 11 Aug 2017, 1:13 pm

kroi wrote:I love how this was his next tweet: My theory. FWIW.
'There is no present or future - only the past, happening over and over again.' - Eugene O'Neill

(he also liked this tweet: https://twitter.com/ArmandTweets/status/896064727553425408)
Smile Very Happy
@kroi

What did the tweet say? Apparently it doesn't exist anymore... Laughing
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Fri 11 Aug 2017, 1:20 pm

Moonlight13 wrote:

Smile Very Happy
@kroi

@Moonlight13

She's a Kenobi!! *with a gif of Meryl Streep shouting!!
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Fri 11 Aug 2017, 1:24 pm

kroi wrote:
Moonlight13 wrote:

Smile Very Happy
@kroi

@Moonlight13

She's a Kenobi!! *with a gif of Meryl Streep shouting!!
@kroi

Hey
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 11 Aug 2017, 1:25 pm

snufkin wrote:Eugene O'Neill quote thrown in about the family related plots? Has EW been lurking here?

Otherwise, hrm, that doesn't sound like a heartwarming daddy-daughter reunion scenario whatsoever? And straight from the source herself, other than getting closure on her childhood trauma, Rey's origins matter less to how her life is going to play out than she imagines. The Kenobi stuff, like I've said, there's at least something they're playing around with in the callbacks, but that doesn't necessarily mean a DNA connection. But something's going on there. Otherwise if it's Dark, that just plays back in to my original conclusion after my first viewing that Rey's parents got mixed up in something with Snoke or the FO which caused the ensuing tragedy.
@snufkin

Given that Jakku is a "jumping off point" to the UR, I wonder if Rey's parents could have been followers of Snoke who were bringing her to Snoke, and then either got cold feet and left her on Jakku or something else happened to interrupt their journey.

it would fit with both her parents having some ties to Snoke/dark origins and my favorite theory/headcanon of the moment of "Ben fell in Rey's place".
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 11 Aug 2017, 1:26 pm

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/08/star-wars-look-find-images-reveal-early-scenes-of-the-last-jedi.html

SWNN just posted some pics from the Look & Find Book (MSW already reported on it the other day, but without pics):

some of it:

Luke and LOTS of Porgs:

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 20 Star-Wars-JTTLJ-Look-Find-1-768x485

@Panki posted the following yesterday, but the pic disappeared:

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 20 Creatures

Poe in the middle of a battle (The Silencer is nowhere to be seen):

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 20 Star-Wars-JTTLJ-Look-Find-2-768x492

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara Fri 11 Aug 2017, 1:31 pm

@Darth_Awakened I noticed that the Tie Silencer was absent in one of the cropped photos. Glad to see the full version. It's definitely not there. Interesting.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 11 Aug 2017, 1:42 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
snufkin wrote:Eugene O'Neill quote thrown in about the family related plots? Has EW been lurking here?

Otherwise, hrm, that doesn't sound like a heartwarming daddy-daughter reunion scenario whatsoever? And straight from the source herself, other than getting closure on her childhood trauma, Rey's origins matter less to how her life is going to play out than she imagines. The Kenobi stuff, like I've said, there's at least something they're playing around with in the callbacks, but that doesn't necessarily mean a DNA connection. But something's going on there. Otherwise if it's Dark, that just plays back in to my original conclusion after my first viewing that Rey's parents got mixed up in something with Snoke or the FO which caused the ensuing tragedy.
@snufkin

Given that Jakku is a "jumping off point" to the UR, I wonder if Rey's parents could have been followers of Snoke who were bringing her to Snoke, and then either got cold feet and left her on Jakku or something else happened to interrupt their journey.

it would fit with both her parents having some ties to Snoke/dark origins and my favorite theory/headcanon of the moment of "Ben fell in Rey's place".

@ISeeAnIsland

See I'm very curious about all of this given the Kasdan connection. Like I've said many times before, if you read the interview with him that's posted on Cinephilia and Beyond's retrospective about Raiders, one of his biggest disappointments was Spielberg cut the extended dialogue of Marion's reunion/confrontation with Indy. Because she talks about everything that's happened since her father's death and at least in the generalities, it sounds awfully close to how Rey's life on Jakku. And we know like Indy and Abner, Ben and Luke had a similar top student-mentor rift. So that makes me curious, maybe her parents were relic hunters dragging her around the galaxy? Maybe her parents got entangled with Snoke and the affiliated FO/Darkside Force affiliated groups and things went bad?

The other detail my brain keeps revisiting is the first scene with Snoke, because that straight up replays the introduction of the Emperor in ESB (and again, many thinks to @Darth Dementor for his original observation how much TFA actually references that movie's themes more than the original one). We know in both situations, it's about the paternity of a character (Luke-Vader and Ben-Han), but also the introduction of a young Force sensitive character who's a threat to the status quo (Luke is the Disturbance, Rey is the Awakening). The whole deal with the original scene is that the Big Bad very much knows who this young person is because they're the child of somebody they neutralized as a threat. A central part of the PT is about how the Emperor sets up and eventually has Luke's mother killed off as part of his power play, right? So who knows, same thing could be true with Rey? And not that it sets her up to be like Inigo Montoya going up against Snoke. Just that it could mean like the Solo-Organa's, her family was also a target because of whatever Snoke was up to. It definitely remains to be seen if Rey's a wildcard who Snoke knew nothing about prior (or atleast her family) or if he's like the Emperor and lying his a** off to Kylo by acting like he's ace #1 protege and student. At the very least, it seems like we're meant to assume the destruction of whatever Luke was up to is meant to wipe out all other Force users besides the one Snoke controls.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Aug 2017, 2:28 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/08/star-wars-look-find-images-reveal-early-scenes-of-the-last-jedi.html

SWNN just posted some pics from the Look & Find Book (MSW already reported on it the other day, but without pics):

some of it:

Luke and LOTS of Porgs:

@Darth_Awakened

I think I understand why they're called Porgs. It's their vocalization.

The sea lions here are making a noise that, if tweaked just a little bit, could sound like the word "porg" being called over and over.

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 11 Aug 2017, 2:30 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/08/star-wars-look-find-images-reveal-early-scenes-of-the-last-jedi.html

some of it:

Luke and LOTS of Porgs:

@Darth_Awakened

I think I understand why they're called Porgs. It's their vocalization.

The sea lions here are making a noise that, if tweaked just a little bit, could sound like the word "porg" being called over and over.
@WhatGirl

I miss sea lions. They are the funniest creatures in the world. But yeah, I too am thinking they're called Porgs based on the noise they make.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Aug 2017, 2:33 pm

IoJovi wrote:I miss sea lions. They are the funniest creatures in the world. But yeah, I too am thinking they're called Porgs based on the noise they make.
@IoJovi

Maybe Luke hears nothing but "porg porg porg" all day long and that's why he's gone a bit nuts. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Fri 11 Aug 2017, 2:41 pm

IoJovi wrote:Phew. I'm sitting at the dealership having my car worked on, and finished the article. I was waiting for another gate, but instead we got the potential for Dark!Rey. Maybe not that Rey actually goes Dark, but that her parents may have.

And this quote:

If Rey understands her origin, it can be a map for her future, a guide to avoiding whatever fear or mistakes have come before. In that way, Johnson says Rey does need to know. (And so do we.)

“You can be told [‘the answer’s not in the past’], but I think she still has a lingering hope that she’s going to find the thing that’s going to say: This is where you belong. This is where you are. I think she still holds onto the thought that where she comes from will help define where she’s going.”

So the belonging you seek isn't behind you, it is ahead. Just exactly as we thought. Thanks Maz!!! Laughing
@IoJovi

Given all the parallels Rey must come from a dark background. She is the reverse of Ben in key areas showing how one could have ended up in the other's shoes if circumstances had been different. A telling clue I heard from somewhere (sorry can't remember the exact source) is the first time we see Kylo he is fully masked, emerging from a ship filled with light entering into the night(darkness). It foreboding of Ben's fall, up to that point, coming from a light sided family and entered into a world of bleakness. It also shows there's more beneath the surface that we haven't been shown yet.

The first time we see Rey she is in a ship, fully masked for the same reason Ben is, filled with darkness and enters into the sunlight(or perhaps the light of the SON to reference Fizzgig's Son/Sun metaohor). In her very first apperance she is shown as a reverse doppelganger to the last Skywalker and Solo. And as @Maria Antonietta pointed out Rey was living in an AT-AT a weapon of destruction for the Empire. It's another big glaring sign she is from a family of the dark. Before either one speaks a word they show to be in concert with each other upon our first time seeing them introduced.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 11 Aug 2017, 2:54 pm

Darth Dementor wrote:
IoJovi wrote:Phew. I'm sitting at the dealership having my car worked on, and finished the article. I was waiting for another gate, but instead we got the potential for Dark!Rey. Maybe not that Rey actually goes Dark, but that her parents may have.

And this quote:

@IoJovi

Given all the parallels Rey must come from a dark background. She is the reverse of Ben in key areas showing how one could have ended up in the other's shoes if circumstances had been different. A telling clue I heard from somewhere (sorry can't remember the exact source) is the first time we see Kylo he is fully masked, emerging from a ship filled with light entering into the night(darkness). It foreboding of Ben's fall, up to that point, coming from a light sided family and entered into a world of bleakness. It also shows there's more beneath the surface that we haven't been shown yet.

The first time we see Rey she is in a ship, fully masked for the same reason Ben is, filled with darkness and enters into the sunlight(or perhaps the light of the SON to reference Fizzgig's Son/Sun metaohor). In her very first apperance she is shown as a reverse doppelganger to the last Skywalker and Solo. And as @Maria Antonietta pointed out Rey was living in an AT-AT a weapon of destruction for the Empire. It's another big glaring sign she is from a family of the dark. Before either one speaks a word they show to be in concert with each other upon our first time seeing them introduced.
@Darth Dementor

That may or may not have been part 1 of the Visual Storytelling podcast by Star Wars Connection... Wink
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Fri 11 Aug 2017, 3:04 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Darth Dementor wrote:

And this quote:

@IoJovi

@Darth Dementor

That may or may not have been part 1 of the Visual Storytelling podcast by Star Wars Connection... Wink
@IoJovi

Yeah, I don't remember saying that Very Happy I'm a Kenobist/random cheers
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Aug 2017, 3:33 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
IoJovi wrote:I miss sea lions. They are the funniest creatures in the world. But yeah, I too am thinking they're called Porgs based on the noise they make.
@IoJovi

Maybe Luke hears nothing but "porg porg porg" all day long and that's why he's gone a bit nuts. Razz
@WhatGirl

He's got those froggy nuns talking in bubbly Scottish croaks to him too, lol. I don't wish to cast any aspersions on Scottish people because I've had many wonderful holidays in Scotland and found the people warm and welcoming, but some Scottish accents can be hard to decipher after a few drams of whiskey!

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 11 Aug 2017, 3:44 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Darth Dementor wrote:
IoJovi wrote:Phew.  I'm sitting at the dealership having my car worked on, and finished the article.  I was waiting for another gate, but instead we got the potential for Dark!Rey.  Maybe not that Rey actually goes Dark, but that her parents may have.

And this quote:

So the belonging you seek isn't behind you, it is ahead.  Just exactly as we thought.  Thanks Maz!!!  Laughing
@IoJovi

Given all the parallels Rey must come from a dark background.  She is the reverse of Ben in key areas showing how one could have ended up in the other's shoes if circumstances had been different.   A telling clue I heard from somewhere (sorry can't remember the exact source) is the first time we see Kylo he is fully masked, emerging from a ship filled with light entering into the night(darkness).  It foreboding of Ben's fall, up to that point, coming from a light sided family and entered into a world of bleakness.  It also shows there's more beneath the surface that we haven't been shown yet.

The first time we see Rey she is in a ship, fully masked for the same reason Ben is, filled with darkness and enters into the sunlight(or perhaps the light of the SON to reference Fizzgig's Son/Sun metaohor).  In her very first apperance she is shown as a reverse doppelganger to the last Skywalker and Solo.  And as @Maria Antonietta pointed out Rey was living in an AT-AT a weapon of destruction for the Empire.   It's another big glaring sign she is from a family of the dark.  Before either one speaks a word they show to be in concert with each other upon our first time seeing them introduced.
@Darth Dementor

@IoJovi

Yeah, I don't remember saying that Very Happy I'm a Kenobist/random cheers
@Maria Antonietta

Not to oversimplify, but Rey can still have a Kenobi blood relation, and have dark origins.  Ben would be her grandfather, so who knows what would have happened in between that time with his children.   Heck, he could even be her great uncle.  We don't know if he had siblings...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Fri 11 Aug 2017, 3:49 pm

Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 11 Aug 2017, 3:51 pm

Huh, so all it says is how she feels about him. That she has a major grudge and it's personal. Also interesting- Han continues to be the OT3 she felt a kinship with. So not Luke!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic Fri 11 Aug 2017, 3:56 pm

He said Kylo and Rey are “two halves of the dark and the light."
It makes sense that Rey doesn't understand Kylo currently, but the only way from where they are now is up. She might very well find they are much more similar than it seemed.
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 11 Aug 2017, 3:57 pm

http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/11/star-wars-last-jedi-kylo-ren-dark-side/

Let's all collectively roll our eyes at the first line:

The aspiring Sith let his last bit of light slip away when he drove his janky, handmade lightsaber into the heart of his father, Han Solo. But there was no victory for Kylo Ren as he sank into the abyss.

The rest of it isn't bad:

“He’s definitely been knocked off base,” says The Last Jedi writer-director Rian Johnson says. “The defeat that he had at the end of The Force Awakens, but even bigger than that, his huge defining act which, spoiler alert, is the murder of his father… that’s the more interesting thing to dive into. How has hedealt with that in his head? Where is he at in terms of that act and what does that mean for him?”

Johnson said Ben Solo’s shift to darkness is symbolic of “the treacherous road through adolescence” that Star Wars often explores.

“Kylo represents kind of the rebellious anger that you feel during that period. Honestly, sometimes it’s a healthy desire to push away from the place that you know, from the things that you came from. But he obviously does it in an extreme that’s not healthy at all.”

He said Kylo and Rey are “two halves of the dark and the light.”

Among their shared interests: She is an expert pilot, and in this film well see him maneuvering his own starship, the TIE Silencer, which is a variation on his grandfather, Darth Vader’s old ship.

Kylo Ren’s murder of Han Solo also makes Rey’s contempt for him much more personal. He’s no longer just a random madman terrorizing the galaxy. Rey has a grudge: He stole from her the father-figure she’d been searching for her whole life.

“She just doesn’t understand Kylo,” Daisy Ridley says. “When all she wanted was parents, why would a person who has parents do that? It’s so beyond comprehension, it’s ridiculous. So she has grief for the loss and then there’s anger. To be honest, she couldn’t understand doing something like that – let alone to your parents.”
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary Fri 11 Aug 2017, 3:58 pm

I thought this was perhaps the most interesting bit of that piece, in terms of identifying where his head is at:

“He’s definitely been knocked off base,” says The Last Jedi writer-director Rian Johnson says. “The defeat that he had at the end of The Force Awakens, but even bigger than that, his huge defining act which, spoiler alert, is the murder of his father… that’s the more interesting thing to dive into. How has hedealt with that in his head? Where is he at in terms of that act and what does that mean for him?”

HELLO ANGST!

And obviously:

But...they're really not letting Adam speak. are they?!
Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 11 Aug 2017, 3:59 pm

This is actually quite beautiful.  Directly from Rian Johnson's mouth:

Two halves made whole...  Yin and Yang.  One cannot survive without the other.  

EDIT: I see others beat me to it... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Fri 11 Aug 2017, 4:01 pm

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 20 260px-Yin_yang.svg

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 20 Tumblr_nwfx0rgEvH1tf26cio1_500
Xylo Ren